Eau de Soleil Blanc 2017

Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford
Eau de Soleil Blanc is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is creamy-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Virgin Island Water

Comorian ylang-ylangComorian ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCoco de mer
AmberAmber
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by MonsieurZolo, last update on 20.10.2021.

Absolute feel-good scent
They are rare for me. The moments which let me feel total security in connection with a fragrance.
This EDSB creates this feat. No idea how, but he manages it.

A fragrance to fall into, forget yourself and surrender your soul to the care of the never ending feel good. He lets me be happy, laugh and cry at the same time.
He lets me dream, of vacation, of endless freedom, of carefree days. If this fragrance were a color, this would be creamy white.
If the fragrance were a song, it would be Everybody's Talkin' by Harry Nilsson.

And it may also (must) be worn by a woman. A bouquet of fragrances of wonderful calm and security. No wild ride, no force. Only elegance and pleasantly warm contentment. I can not describe this in any other way
To work in a sun hat
finally holiday... Formentera... white beaches, turquoise sea, sun, palm trees and the most important.... far away from the rainy, cold at home...
In a good mood and well-rested I leave the hotel in the morning, freshly showered. Of course, I have already creamed with sunscreen, because here it is already very warm at the time and the sun shines on the skin. Good things I swing me on the beautiful Hollandrad what I got me and drive over small Mediterranean streets, on the left and right a few beautiful flowers grow and blow a wonderful scent over, directly to the ice cream parlour ... is yes holiday and there you can also treat yourself in the morning already something delicious. So first a delicious coconut ice cream with lemon rasp on top and off to the beach. Very leisurely I stroll barefoot through the sand, very quietly rustle the waves next to me and I enjoy my delicious ice cream in the blazing morning sun...... but what is that? Rain pattering? It gets louder and louder ..... I open my eyes... Sitting in the car towards work... Up in the sky heavy grey rain clouds hang .... Damn, sniffed too much eau de soleil blanc again... I think I need a vacation....

Not your typical Tom Ford
For some reason i really want to like this 2018 offering from Tom Ford but sadly i can't I just don't even though i wear it often. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?? Anyway the summery beachy smell grabs you by the swim trunks and reels you in. The down part is that's about all it does. The longevity is average, especially for a Tom Ford fragrance but then again what summery aquatic citrusy scent HAS good longevity?? Acqua Di Gio used to but alas no longer. Citrus and flowery right down to the coconut ending. It peeters out after only 3 or 4 hrs. Very disappointing, especially when the asking price is at least $180. Gimme a break
TristanKalus
The memory of carefree beach holidays
A breeze of hot air brushed over her body, leaving a thin layer of the swirled and heated sand in a few places. The grains of sand stuck exactly where sweat and sunscreen had mixed to form a fine film on Claudette's tanned skin. Even though the onshore wind was more reminiscent of a hot desert wind instead of a cool breeze, it still caused a slightly arousing feeling of goosebumps to appear on her skin. The sun was already quite high in the firmament by now, causing the temperature to rise a few more degrees. Every further breeze that swept across the picturesque beach brought the smell of the warming sunscreen to Claudette's nose. The scent was creamy and delicate, with some softly spicy nuances and slightly floral tones. For this wonderful aroma alone, it was worth digging a little deeper into her pocket to buy the sunscreen. The adjacent promenade was lined with countless orange trees and Seychelles palms, while at their feet were artfully arranged beds of blooming tuberoses, jasmine and ylang-ylang. As soon as the wind from the sea died down a little and lost its intensity, the beguiling scent of the numerous plants on the beach could also be heard. While Claudette continued to let herself be tanned by the white shining sun, she fingered a few pistachios out of the bag with her left hand and enjoyed their wonderful aroma. What a wonderful day, she thought to herself.

Tom Ford's Eau de Soleil Blanc is a fantastically beautifully realized composition, which is strongly reminiscent of classy sunscreen and carefree days at the beach. Basically, this is a creamy floral fragrance with some citrus and spicy components. The focus is particularly on bitter orange peel, pistachio, the floral heart consisting of orange blossom, tuberose, jasmine and ylang-ylang, Seychelles palm and natural vanilla. The floral heart note makes the fragrance seem supposedly feminine, but far from it! Through the interspersed spices of the top note and the harmoniously warm base, Eau de Soleil Blanc fits perfectly into the unisex category and thus becomes a great companion for warm summer days for men. And that is what it seems to have been made for. An unagitated accessory, which reminds you with its beguiling fragrance of the last summer holiday on the beach, which was far in the past.
Los Angeles with Evi
Professionally, it always takes me to the USA, especially to the West Coast and there especially to Los Angeles.

So it's no wonder that I have already discovered my "Favourite Hotspots" for myself. One of these spots is Café Berlin in Long Beach: A small, hip and so cozy café with the best avocado fried egg toasts you can get in LA. So there I sat on this beautiful sunny Friday morning and had just helped myself to two of the highly touted toasts, "tan picante como siempre" as I had instructed Jorge, the Mexican waiter. I was taking another indulgent sip of that perfect Colombian coffee when a young lady sat down at the table opposite.

The sight of her literally flashed me: light brown, straight, long hair, brown eyes with a slight tinge of green, and such a beautiful, no, flawless and innocent face. I must have literally stared. She looked at me and returned my gaze immediately. I looked away, embarrassed. Had she noticed my far too intense gaze?

I couldn't stop looking at her over and over. How could a person be so beautiful? And by beautiful, I mean really beautiful. Not pretty, not sweet, not cute. No, just naturally beautiful.

One more time she looked at me. I gestured to Jorge that I wanted to pay, and Jorge, as usual, brought the bill with a casual quip "Carbron, cuando regresas?" (When are you coming back?) - "Te veo otra vez el mes q viene".
"Why is your Spanish so perfect?" - She asked. "Cos I grew up in South America" - I said.
[The following conversation is in English.]
"Wow, you don't look particularly South American" - she replied.
At that moment, a huge cloud of bitter orange and bergamot wafted over to me. The cloud was so strong, so intrusive, that for a moment I even regretted answering her. Actually just about to leave, I sat down at her table for a moment, unbidden.

I'm just a scent person, a man who immediately notices all smells. And on her, I noticed this extremely strong bitter orange-bergamot note, paired with a slightly alcoholic note, kind of like a disinfectant. Mind you, all of this takes place in 2017, well before Corona.
In addition to the citrusy and alcoholic notes, I also detected cumin and a slightly cooling cardamom, plus some pepper. Whereas the pepper could have come from the fried egg she ordered, which she just generously crammed in.
"This is delicious even without spices" - I said. "Greg uses chili oil to fry it" - I added.
"You come here often?" - She asked, looking at me with her beautiful brown eyes. Had I already told you that they had a slight green tint?
Like freshly harvested pistachios. About that green.
I told her that I'm always here when I'm in LA. "What city are you from? London?" - She asked me with her golden accent.
"Originally yes, but I live in Zurich. And you?" - she stared at me. Her innocent smile suddenly turned into a wide grin all over her face, "Vo wo chunnsch seisch?" - she said in perfect Lucerne German.
She was also from Switzerland. So that was the solution to the mystery of why she had that accent.

We talked for a while longer, she told me about her job as a flight attendant, about how she was constantly traveling the world and which places she loved the most. And I told her about my life, about the encounters and about my favorite places, in and around Los Angeles.

As we talked, our eyes kept meeting. And with each glance, it became clearer to both of us that we were in exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

"Glaubsch as Schicksau?" - I asked her. "Söllemer go?" - she replied.
She paid and we went out the door, walked haphazardly for a few blocks through Long Beach, talking about how wonderful Los Angeles just was.
As a matter of course, I took her by the hand and as I did, I noticed soft notes of orange blossom, jasmine and tuberose. Very subtle, very loose, very light. Those powerful notes from the beginning were gone and all that remained were those seductive floral notes, that light freshness, that lightheartedness like a glorious summer day. Only the pepper, which I now clearly attributed to her perfume, paired with some citrus background melody still gave the fragrance something wicked, something provocative, some sexiness, if you will.

We walked down to the beach, to Long Beach.
While we were talking like this, realizing that we have so incredibly much in common, she stopped at one point and looked me straight in the eye. "Gseh mer üs, wenn mer beide wieder i de Schwiiz si?" (Will we see each other when we are both back in Switzerland?).
I just smiled, pulled her to me and went to give her a kiss. During this move, I realized how rushed that would actually be and just hugged her lovingly. As I did so, I noticed how seductive her perfume really smelled. On top of the fresh citrusy notes and the light-hearted floral summery notes and the subtle wickedness, I now noticed warming amber and extremely seductive vanilla.
When I let go of her again, she looked at me and I couldn't help but kiss her.
Even though the kiss didn't last long, it went on for what felt like an eternity to me. And when I opened my eyes again and looked at her, she just said casually "I thought you would never kiss me".

Without comment we moved on, holding hands, watching the waves, stopping every now and then to kiss or hug and I never wanted this moment to end.
But it did end. And so so soon, at just before 2pm to be exact.

She glanced at the clock and was horrified to find that she had to get back to the hotel urgently, as she had to get ready for her flight.
Realizing that we had almost run all the way to Huntington Beach from all the talking and romance, I offered to order her an Uber. On the side of the road we waited, kissing again and again, and I just never wanted that Uber to arrive. Once again I held her, smelling all the gorgeous notes, but now especially the amber and deep vanilla that now seemed to dominate everything.

When the Uber arrived, she got in with her head almost bowed, "I'll see you in Zurich" - I assured her, closed the door for her and knocked on the roof of the car.

She drove off.
A hint of floral citrus with some vanilla and amber still clung to me now. The rest was gone, Evi, the scent, all the magic and somehow the hope of ever seeing her again.
An unexpected, beautiful date I had experienced, five hours with Evi in LA, a hot summer flirtation, romantic, provocative, attractive and outrageously sexy.

What happened next?
We met again in Zurich, only the magic of the moment was gone. It didn't last long.
Unlike her, however, her scent moved in with me: Tom Ford's Eau de Soleil Blanc.
Like our romance, it doesn't last long - but every time I wear it, it grabs me with the same force as my feelings for Evi in Los Angeles.
5.5
Mystiquess
I wanted to love him, but someone had something against it
Long I have wrestled with me.
In the end, I ordered the fragrance but. It was not a direct blind purchase, because I had already tested the big sister some time ago.
Due to the positive(re)n reviews I decided to buy the Eau de Toilette. The Eau de Parfum had pleased me at the time quite well, but it was a tad too heavy, too creamy, too tuberosig for the perfect summer scent. So I ordered the eau de toilette in anticipation of a fresher version.
When the fragrance arrived, I unpacked it expectantly and did a sniff test directly on the bottle.
What is that! Caraway?
Quickly I looked up the notes.... indeed... Caraway.
It has to be said, I'm not an absolute caraway hater, but I don't really need it in a perfume.
But since this is listed as a top note, I did spray it on myself. "Maybe it will fade away. Maybe it'll be gone after 30 minutes." Unfortunately I was disappointed, I still perceived the caraway after 30 minutes, even after 3 hours, to the point of the scent fading after about 10 hours.
Otherwise, this is namely a great fragrance. It starts off a bit tangy in the beginning. The sunscreen tuberose is easily noticeable from start to finish. It gets sweeter over time and the tangy components fade. So it would be the perfect long lasting summer scent. If it weren't for the caraway, which is very present the whole time, acting like a foreign body, making the scent unround.
So I will put the fragrance aside for now and test it again in a few weeks. Maybe I perceive the caraway then no longer so strong.
Maybe then rather the EdP... gelayert with a citrus scent...
Harrock
An almost perfect summer scent ?
The fragrance is creamy sweet but not too heavy, because it works through the floral notes something lighter For me one of the best summer fragrances überhaut and very unisex The durability is surprisingly good for such a fragrance and has a very strong sillage . even through the FFP2 mask I could take the fragrance after 5 hours very well , less is more here ! Really this creamy sweetness by the vanilla was partly too strong for me ... As mentioned at the beginning, the floral scents help to make it a little more pleasant. Personally, the floral scents could have used a little more punch just towards the end it smells like you spilled vanilla ice cream on his sweater .... but well, let it be time 38 degrees, then the fragrance could perform just right ...

Fresh creamy floral
Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc was released several years ago as a flanker to Soleil Blanc, fittingly lighter, fresher, and less dense than the original, a light-and-creamy fresh floral that has a hint of sunscreen, the main notes being citruses, a parade of white florals (tuberose, jasmine, ylang ylang), and vanilla. It does have a slight aquatic vibe, maybe midway between freshwater and saltwater, helping it be bit a bit more transparent than the original.

Like most of the “Eau”-named releases of the Private Blend Collection, Eau de Soleil Blanc is in EDT concentration and priced well below the main line’s EDP entries—in this case, the retail pricing is $184/134 for 100/50ml. In that respect, it’s a reasonable compromise and logical alternative to the original Soleil Blanc, whose retail pricing is at the standard $250 for 50ml.

Overall, it’s decent, though I imagine most would lean toward the original Soleil Blanc for its strength, despite the higher price, though Eau does perform reasonably well, also.

7 out of 10
Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc
???My Beloved Perfume ???

It is so delicate and so beautiful that you immediately see a new world in front of your inner eye when spraying. Images of beach,summer and sea ..

The sun shines in its full glory....

... I lie on the beach and listen to the beautiful turquoise sea ... ???? The gentle sea breeze caresses my skin and I taste the salty taste of the sea that is in the air. ???

You feel so happy and carefree right away..

My hair is wet from the salt water.... i hold in my hand a super delicious and refreshing coconut drink that makes the salt water disappear from my lips.... My hair is sticking to my body, which is covered in sunscreen and smells good.... ?????

It's the scent of summer and freedom ...!!! A little refreshment in shimmering heat....
for hot summer days
I smell turmeric for the first few minutes, even though it's not on the list at all, but the spices in the top notes blend together to make turmeric for me. The prelude is spicy and unsweet. Then after a few minutes, the sunscreen comes through very lightly, followed by coconut. It smells deliciously like pina colada, on the beach, on a hot summer day. The cocktail glass is adorned with a flower...I smell that ever so slightly as I sip the glass. What ultimately remains is coconut cream.

I can imagine the scent coming in a whole new way in the summer when it blossoms on hot, sweaty skin. The durability could be better, after about four hours I perceive him only slightly

ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 8 days ago
Very nice scent but a little too weak for my taste but I'll wear it anyways
HermeshHermesh 3 years ago
Despite being (coconut-)creamy and white-flowery heavy with typical TF-DNA, the scent is(in contrast to EdP version) pleasantly transparent.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
Beautifully blended light citrus on a creamy tuberose and vanilla base. Feeling the hot sun on your face on Californian beach comes to mind.

by EveMist
by EveMist
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Minea
Ein Kind aus meiner 4. sagt ich rieche nach „cremigen Blumen“, wenn ich den trage... So malte sie dieses passende Bild für mich bzw. die Klasse...
by Salva
by DanyPereyra
by Salmix
by Salmix

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford