Eau de Soleil Blanc 2017

Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford
Eau de Soleil Blanc is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-creamy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange zest, Bergamot, Petitgrain, Caraway, Pink pepper, Cardamom, Pistachio
Heart Notes Heart NotesMorrocan orange blossom, Jasmine, Tuberose, Comorian ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesCoco de mer, Amber, Vanilla

Submitted by MonsieurZolo, last update on 18.01.2021.

Sibling love
Eau de Soleil Blanc is for me the little sister of Soleil Blanc. In contrast to Soleil Blanc it is very mild and powdery. It radiates a pleasant warmth and is well suited for a beautiful spring or summer day. But you notice that the intensity decreases after a few hours. If you like it stronger you should try Soleil Blanc "the big sister".

Eau de Soleil Blanc is by and large a top fragrance of the Tom Ford family that nevertheless remains somewhat in the background.
But if you are looking for a mild and refreshing fragrance, this is the place to be!
If you confuse the Mustang with the Fiesta - and vice versa

My first car was a Ford Granada, milk coffee brown, 1000 Marks and Alf stickers on the doors. Hey, I thought that was cool back then. My pimped-up golf buddies, who worked almost exclusively at VW, smiled at me. But when they drove along the MoorstraĂźe at night, they were not so gently bedded. That road was a single pothole. He swallowed 20 liters, but what's the use of working on the side:)

Now I want a white Mustang and he comes. So I take the Rosenheimer and then the motorway to Salzburg. Watt is datt denn, it doesn't pull properly. Next exit down again and to the dealer. "You, Master, I had ordered a Mustang - but it drives like a Fiesta and has no power. I don't want it. Do you still have an old Granada?"

Yesterday the SB was in the mailbox. Joy.........and then spray.......again. It is quiet, I had hoped differently. Where is the coconut? Creamed it this morning after the shower, sprayed it again. Hmmmmm. Stunningly sweet, honey-like floral scent? - Where? Lovely ylang ylang? Well, I haven't had a chance to test the scent on men yet, to see if it's alluring.

I smell something floral, jasmine and tonka. There's no wind, because the Seychelles palm doesn't fan my coconut. Scent-blind? Can noses have blind spots too? Scented pleasure doesn't last long. I sprayed several times today. But in no time at all, there's just a hint of nothing on my skin. For the drydown, which I loved so much during the last rehearsals, it gets very exhausting here. I'm really going at it. My nose and I are giving up
Soleil Blanc is a very delicate fragrance, I like it. But it is not what I wished for. Thank you Maltek for letting me be part of your sharing. Can we repeat:)

Addendum: I thought I had taken part in the Soleil Blanc Sharing. But it was the Eau de Soleil Blanc Sharing. Ashes on my head - I was tram again
Basti87
More summer is hardly possible
A small addendum from my last fragrance purchase from over 2 months ago. Now the summer is almost over and it is approaching autumn. A few days of sunshine will definitely come and also many days with over 20 degrees. In southern Germany in any case, I hope for me in the far north also Tom Ford is a brand that I am less interested in. The prices of private-blend fragrances exceed my pain threshold for one fragrance. I treated myself to 30ml of Oud Wood, as it was available at a relatively fair price. Otherwise I prefer the designer line. The Acqua line is probably a middle ground between the two. Price wise definitely. These are EdTs of the expensive originals. Since you can get them for more than half the price of the originals, I find them very interesting, since they should all be very close to the original. Also very well rated here. I have not tested the original Soleil Blanc, but Mandarino di Amalfi. The Acqua version is slightly fresher and the performance is similar. A worthwhile purchase. Also this one did not disappoint me without knowing the original.

This fragrance comes in the typical bottle, but this eau and the Acqua's use frosted glass, which is a good representation of this concept of freshness. The TF flacons are simply great and noble and already cult. Plus this beautiful noble golden label. Great. And that for just over 100 Euro a 100ml. Simply great.
This was a blind buy. The statements and comments read very well and this scent totally meets my prey scheme of how summer scents should smell. At least in my daily free time with the bright sun and good mood. I like this creamy touch as you find it in sun cream. This type of scent is not so often represented. I also like to wear citrus-dominant scents sometimes, but variety is good for me.
By the pyramid you might think that it is a fragrance that is rather heavy. It's not like that. The fragrance is so well balanced and these facets complement each other perfectly. It is creamy fresh like a great noble sun cream. The start is also very citric-fresh. The citric freshness fades, but a nice clean and creamy freshness remains. Also soft blossoms are added, which complements perfectly with this creamy note. Even if the floral notes from the heart note are more suited for ladies, this creation is unisex in my opinion. This tropical touch makes it simply special and in summer you should just switch off and enjoy the sun. The experienced men who want to let the alpha male out is this one nothing. Altogether for me a great harmonic scent, which never gets too heavy and penetrating. Even 10 sprayers wouldn't change it. It is very present with good silage, but extremely unobtrusive. I can well imagine that the EdP is different there.
Performance is good, as I said. Sillage is perfect for the summer and never under or over. Also the durability is with over 5 hours totally sufficient. After that it becomes rather skin-tight, but still remains.

A summer scent to my taste. Too bad that the hot season doesn't last longer. Especially as northern lights you have far too few hot days. But: A perfect companion, which will surely be on my skin next year as well.
This fragrance is especially recommended for ladies and gentlemen who don't just want to smell usually citric. Makes you feel good!
Salva
Monsieur Zizou, c'est pour vous!
The ball is like his own child,
tenderly he caresses it in the wind;
a twist, he flies into it,
hard, but always very fine.

Zizou, of Algerian descent,
gives the Équipe Tricolore the approval;
makes her a world and European champion,
and his opponents promptly call the spirits.

With the royals he is the king,
because without him the Champions League is unworthy;
his volley goal in 2002 a feast for the eyes,
and brings the whole world into a frenzy with it.
[...]

Zinédine Zidane, one of the best, for many (including me) THE best footballer of all time. A virtuoso on the ball; a player, so elegant, so filigree, so fine, so noble that one had the feeling that when he touched the ball, the earth stopped...

Well, what does the dear Monsieur Zidane have to do with the Eau Soleil Blanc?

When I got my bottling a few weeks ago, I had it in front of my eyes the very first time I sprayed it.
The fragrance simply reminds me of his playing style; such a brilliant and incredibly beautiful style, as it will (probably) not be seen again in this form. And this fragrance has that noble, exquisite, beautiful glow and charm that bald-headed Zizou also exudes.

I was immediately blown away by the scent and that's always important to me; I just want to be knocked out from the start. Many people see it differently and there is often talk of "one should wear scents several times, test them etc. and give them time bla bla bla bla bla..."
Yeah, it's a matter of opinion. Personally, however, I usually only buy flacons that inspire me immediately, from which I fall into a kind of trance from the first smell on, because I can't do anything with all the other talk as mentioned above...

It was similar with my favourite player, Zizou. In 1998, World Cup final, I was a 13-year-old football enthusiast at the time, following my passion at the club, playing in the same position, wearing the same number 10 and watching the game with my dad, and after the game I said to my dad: "Dad, that bald guy, what's his name? TSI THEN or something... He's my favourite player from now on!"
My father just nodded and replied: "My son, I understand very well..."
[...]

Right at the opening you get a fat slap of fresh and minimally spicy notes on the face; this is provided by the bitter orange with bergamot and various spices, such as pink pepper or cardamom. But this wonderful floral-creamy something in the heart note makes me melt away afterwards. The floral notes of jasmine, tuberose and ylang-ylang, among others, are responsible for this, making the fragrance incredibly beguiling and seductive. With the vanilla, the base gives the whole thing that certain pleasant sweetness, which rounds off this incredible sensual fragrance great.

I placed an order for a bottle today and am so happy to have found this treasure. I used up my miniature quite quickly...
On my skin it lasts about 6h and the sillage is well visible in the first 2h. Except in midsummer I would wear it to every season and every occasion. MMn it is very universal, whether during the day or in the evening hours you can always use it.
Surely you could expect a little more endurance from a Tom Ford fragrance, but I think you can't have everything in life. Because if it were, Zizou would have crowned his incredible career in his very last compulsory game with the 2006 World Championship title...

Conclusion:
Whether unisex, or as I have already read from many "too feminine", I don't care anyway. I always wear what I like.

This fragrance is elegant, noble, creamy, soft, slightly powdery, fresh, seductive, rich, sensual, sexy and and and and... All adjectives that can be used to describe Zizou and his handling of the ball.
An incredibly wonderful, incredibly beguiling, oriental-floral hammer scent, whose bottle also comes in my favourite "colour".
Like the royal jerseys, all white... And that "my" Zizou, just like those jerseys, would look so good...
[...]

And thanks to all of you who have read so far!

VG
GirlofNow
My grandpa is in summer paradise:D
Yes exactly my grandfather has ordered this fragrance blind!:D It was exactly half a month ago:) We both thought about what we should do:D Then he had the funny idea that he doesn't have a summer scent yet that reminds him of summer, beach and sun cream:D And I remembered the great text/commentary of Marilyn because she wrote not too long ago about the eau de soleil blanc:)))) I suggested to my grandfather that he should order the TF eau de soleil blanc, first he asked me if I knew the fragrance myself? But since I don't know it myself, I told him that he should dare to buy it blind;D And yes, he let me persuade him to order this scent blind:D How proud I am of myself;D A week later, the package arrived at our house:D It was like Christmas!:)))) We were both very curious and he opened the package:)
The bottle itself is beautiful and a little gem in every perfume collection :)

We tested this fragrance together for two weeks on his skin but also on mine so that I ( now ) can write a detailed text about the whole fragrance process:) I hope it was worthwhile for this text:)
The scent on my grandfather's skin:

With him the smell begins very citric.
Very refreshing and pleasant as I find:) He already liked the top note very much:D He thinks it smells to him like a ripe lemon that you cut and press... To be honest, he described it even better than I did:D Afterwards the jasmine note was clearly on his skin for a short time! But it was still accompanied by a very nice citrus note! Jasmine was surprisingly white and very soft but still discreetly powdery. (And there I must emphasize very briefly with him this smell did not smell at all feminine on the skin! Much more masculine than feminine!) With him the course of the fragrance was like a carousel:D Many fragrances appeared only very briefly and were unfortunately already gone again... Until... The coconut note presented itself from its most beautiful sides! *.* With him the coconut note smelled neither sweet nor artificial/synthtic! Much more slightly watery, fresh and creamy! and exactly this I found so great in the fragrance process itself! many coconut scents are very sweet or synthetic with him on the skin was nothing to smell! It is as if you open a coconut and cream yourself with the coconut milk. Afterwards neither he nor I could smell any other note! He smelled like a luxury coconut body lotion all day long:))) With him, the smell lasted all day, especially on his clothes:) He really liked the course of the scent!:)

Now I describe the course of the fragrance on my skin;)

The scent on my skin:

I have something to confess! The scent on my skin is never as good as on my grandfather's!:D With him it just smells incredibly good... Doesn't mean that it is not good for me, but I admit that I prefer the scent on my grandfather's skin much more than on mine:D I don't start with the scent much differently than with my grandfather... The only difference is that, the citrus notes in the top note are very warm and sparkling, similar to the Poison Girl from Dior (And no, it's not a dupe or whatever, only the top note is very similar on my skin like the PG! It's not unpleasant but it takes some getting used to! Especially for me! Since I wear almost exclusively Gourmand+Fruity scents or better said I prefer :) Nevertheless I am extremely attracted to the eau de soleil blanc because the citric notes have partly refreshed my nose:D
The tuberose note surprised me personally the most in the whole fragrance process as it smelled so beautiful creamy and smooth * * Had already tested many tuberose fragrances but so really has not yet convinced me as most tuberose fragrances either smell like chewing gum or much, too intrusive! And I personally do not like that at all:( But here the tuberose note in the fragrance process could convince me extremely:)))
The coconut note was hardly smellable, which I found a pity, because I LOVE coconut!:)) I or better my grandfather could only smell the coconut note very discreetly! Unless you kept your nose extremely close to your wrist! But still I admit to the scent is wonderful!:) Unfortunately the scent didn't last as long as my grandfather's scent.

So we come to the conclusion....;D

The opinion of my grandfather:
He is very convinced but also surprised how beautiful and good he finds this fragrance :) He doesn't regret it for a second that he bought this scent blind because it is THE BEST blind buy!!!;))))) The eau de soleil blanc is now his new summer scent because he wears it with pride!:)

My opinion:
Definitely a great and successful TF fragrance! Of course, I personally think that this fragrance is a real dream in summer! It makes good mood and spreads a lot of summer feeling!:)))
In my opinion it can be worn well by both women and men ;) But also here everyone must be able to decide for himself what is wearable;))
I hope this text was worth it :)
What is your opinion of this scent???

Ps: Thank you dear Marilyn!:)) Thanks for your great recommendation!:)❤

Citric-floral luxury holiday
Because I like Soleil Blanc so incredibly well, I had to test the sister, the Eau de Soleil Blanc. I almost bought a bottle blindly on the internet, but with the high price I decided to play it safe and ordered a small bottling. And that was a good thing too! Because my favourite remains the Soleil Blanc! When I compare the two fragrances, the Eau de Soleil Blanc is much more citrusy and therefore appears much more masculine in the opening, almost like a cologne, thanks to the bergamot and the Biert orange. It almost stings in the nose, in a very pleasant way. The citrus notes are very tangy and have a summery effect. I can also perceive pink pepper and pistachio, which gives the fragrance an interesting effect. In the heart note, the sweetly scented white flowers, so characteristic of Soleil Blanc, then strike through. Ylang-ylang and tuberose harmonize perfectly with the citrus notes and create a contrast between creamy-sweet and tangy-sour. But what I find most beautiful about this fragrance is the warm base of sweet vanilla, sweet amber and summery Seychelles palm (smells like coconut to me). As with Soleil Blanc, Eau de Soleil Blanc evokes associations with summer, beach and luxury; the image of Waikiki Beach also emerges before my eyes, with sun cream, expensive accessories and coconut water as a refreshing drink. While I found Soleil Blanc too feminine to be called unisex, I think Eau de Soleil Blanc perfectly meets the requirements. So men and women! Let's go for Eau de Soleil Blanc! Women! Let's get some Soleil Blanc! Because both are great fragrances that immediately lift the spirits and radiate glamour and luxury. According to my subjective perception, Soleil Blanc is slightly ahead, because the creamy-sweet white blossoms are more effective there, which I like incredibly well. And the concentration of fragrance means that sillage and durability are more pronounced. Eau de Soleil Blanc on the other hand smells even more delicious, if you can say so, due to the vanilla and pistachio.

Conclusion: Both fragrances, the Soleil Blanc and the Eau de Soleil Blanc, are definitely good fragrances, which evoke associations of sun, beach and luxury. But as a woman, I prefer the Soleil Blanc, while men will probably rather enjoy the Eau de Soleil Blanc.
Summer atmosphere
I used to say that I was more of a "winter girl", like the cold and dark days, the silence and the Christmas season. For a long time, summer was for me a fleeting, light and noisy season without draught, pleasant in terms of temperatures, but I was missing something.
I have now found what was missing in eau de soleil blanc: The fragrance conveys an atmosphere that encourages dreaming and remembering. The fragrance pyramid of creamy suntan lotion, a splash of lime and fresh coconut water creates an incredibly authentic summer atmosphere that describes more than just an average beach holiday. Eau de soleil blanc is not a summer all-world cocktail escada blend, but something special.
It starts citrically fresh, then the sun cream follows quite fast, in the background transparent coconut water splashes, not sweet synthetic, but natural and sour. The composition is accompanied by a note that reminds me of summer rain, that pleasant, indefinable smell that is so difficult to describe.
For me, eau de soleil blanc describes a summer far away from mass tourism and cocktail parasols in the midday sun, but a summer that is characterized by quiet moments for two or alone in the evening sun, when the heat slowly disappears, a light breeze of salty air blows over from the sea and the skin smells of sun. Moments that bring with them a release from everyday worries and memories of past summers, almost creating a melancholy mood, but not in a negative sense.
The silage is average, but the shelf life is not. I still smell of summer after eight to ten hours, very close but intense.
Eau de soleil blanc has shown me a summer that I like very much. Maybe I am not a winter girl after all, but a summer girl :)
Sun worshipper
Like the old coneflower of the good Jil,
i like it really well, completely without good will.

Like a raffealo taking a dip in the infinity pool,
this white Ford quickly climbs my heart wall.

Noble and pure, sultry and sweet, but with a slight touch of beach and naivety,
this is definitely not a scent to get you into a bad mood.

With the original the gravity and tuberose can annoy me a little bit fast,
but this light variant awakens my last summer reserves.

Coconut water kisses vanilla, only wafer-thin and tender,
so a really old hat now looks freshly shaved instead of hairy.

Sunbeams that cannot be distracted,
you know, you're wearing a scent, and it's a big one
Tanned in the tropics, ready for the buffet,
if you don't have a tuberose intolerance, it's easy to praise it over clover.

I don't need a diluted version of every Tom Ford,
but here it makes sense, it doesn't seem like an unnecessary clone.

Flacon: simple elegance. Tom Ford has proven with his Private Line from top to bottom a masterly, ingenious little hand.
Sillage: say something only when she's being colored. But then some great stuff.
Durability: 5 hours, on the beach what less

Conclusion: a luxurious dream of sun cream, sea water and humanity. Radiantly beautiful. Rarely annoying.
Um, refreshing sultriness?
Hö?
Is that Deja Vu?
If I haven't introduced this fragrance recently, I'm sure you'll ask yourselves!

If you really should ask yourself this, then I know that you really weren't paying attention here! :D ... or that you forget everything I write here in two minutes... *sigh*

Anyway, I actually introduced you to the Soleil Blanc the other day. Here comes the Eau de Soleil Blanc. This is a somewhat fresher variant of the Soleil Blanc, as the normal Soleil Blanc may not be too wearable on hot summer days and only in small doses, but the scent is actually a bit too humid and therefore also very exhausting, especially because of the Ylang-Ylangs, and therefore rather autumnal. The eau, on the other hand, might be more portable... we'll see.

The fragrance:
The Eau Soleil starts actually fresher in contrast to the normal Blanc, as one can smell here slightly bitter orange notes. Before the fragrance becomes more flowery-sweetish, a pistachio comes to you quite well, which gives off a beautiful, nutty fragrance, but unfortunately does not last long.
The bitter but beautiful orange peels can be smelled for a short while before the fragrance gradually becomes warmer and creamier.
Little by little I smell out the flowery notes. The jasmine smells as always nice and sweetish, whereas the normal Soleil had a slightly sweeter smell. The Ylang-Ylang is a flowery note, which I unfortunately don't like so much, because it makes the fragrance heavier and more sultry for me and therefore takes away the initial freshness of the fragrance. The orange peels become weaker and weaker at first and finally turn into orange blossoms, although these are generally weak. In the base, however, one seems to smell the bitter orange peels a little better again, even if the fragrance is no longer fresher as a result.
What I miss a little about the fragrance here is the beautiful, resinous benzoic note, without which the fragrance looks less warm (and therefore slightly fresher), but has a nice scent less.
The Ylang-Ylang seems to radiate a little less intensively in the base than in the Soleil Blanc, which makes the fragrance appear less sultry and therefore slightly fresher than the Soleil Blanc. Of course, the fragrance is not called "Eau" for nothing :D
However, I do not feel this fragrance as a pure summer fragrance here either.

Sillage and shelf life:
The radiation is okay at the beginning, but it gets a bit weaker with time, so that it is mainly mediocre and cannot be smelled over longer distances. And I would also say that the Sillage is a bit weaker than the Soleil Blanc.
Once applied, it remains on the skin for at least eight hours, if not more. Most of the time, however, he has a weaker Sillage.

The bottle:
The bottle is basically the same as the Soleil Blanc bottle. It has a column shape, whereby the uppermost area of the column, the so-called capital, represents the lid here. This bottle is also white, but the glass looks like frosted glass and is therefore transparent. All in all a beautiful bottle.

Soo, the biggest difference between the two fragrances is probably in the top note, as it starts here much fresher and slightly more citrus through the orange peels, while the other fragrance had started immediately floral-sweetish. The ylang-ylang in particular makes the fragrance more feminine than unisex for me, although this feeling was stronger with the Soleil Blanc.

Although you can still smell light orange peels in the base and the fragrance is generally (slightly) fresher, the fragrance is quite similar to the Soleil Blanc, so you should consider carefully whether the few differences are sufficient to reach for the fragrance if you already own the Soleil Blanc. In my opinion, the purchase is not worth it.

The bigger question, however, is which fragrance to choose if you don't have either of them yet, but want to have one of them. Well, then I would say the following: If you like it a little heavier and flowery-sweeter and want to smell a nice, powdery, resinous fragrance (benzoin) in the course of the fragrance, this or that should reach for the Soleil Blanc, which you could also use as an all-rounder.
If you like bitter-scented orange peels and want to loosen the scent a bit (Ylang-Ylang smells a little less intense here), you should choose this scent, which comes across a little less creamy than the other scent and also has a slightly lower sillage. But on warmer days it is a bit more usable than the other fragrance.

Either way, both fragrances are successful, as long as you don't have a great dislike for a slightly muggier fragrance. Therefore a "look" is worthwhile in any case.

Oh and I hope you're not crying right now because of the fucked up Germany game :D
After all, it has happened quite often that Germany screwed up a game in the preliminary round, but I bet you all your "Habe-I" lists here that Germany will make it to the semi-finals at least! Want to bet? D
Oh yes, scents with coriander and so I do not accept but :DD

HermeshHermesh 2 years ago
Despite being (coconut-)creamy and white-flowery heavy with typical TF-DNA, the scent is(in contrast to EdP version) pleasantly transparent.
Syzygy73Syzygy73 3 years ago
Beautifully blended light citrus on a creamy tuberose and vanilla base. Feeling the hot sun on your face on Californian beach comes to mind.

by EveMist
by EveMist
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Scarletrose
by Scarletrose
Ein Kind aus meiner 4. sagt ich rieche nach „cremigen Blumen“, wenn ich den trage... So malte sie dieses passende Bild für mich bzw. die Klasse...
by Salva
by Irmela1705
by DerRalle
by DerRalle

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford