For Men 2007Eau de Toilette

For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford
For Men (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesCitrus notes, Lemon leaf, Italian bergamot, Mandarin orange, Basil, Violet, Ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesTunisian orange blossom absolute, Black pepper, Tobacco absolute, Moroccan grapefruit blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cedar, Patchouli, Vetiver, Oakmoss, Leatherwood, Cypriol

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.01.2021.

Smellavision
An excellent scent, if somewhat short lived...
Great freshness from the ginger, almost like a daytime version of D&Gs The One due to the tobacco being a little stronger than the amber note. Excellent blending of notes and a great versatile scent for e.g. office work in autumn and winter. It’s woody, spicy and sweet with tobacco and hints of patchouli.

Only letdowns are the longevity – fair but nothing special – and sillage of this scent – it’s really hard to smell unless you’re in someone else’s personal space. All in all, a great and versatile allround scent to please yourself and not many else. Seems to be discontinued by now as it is no longer on the TF website.

If you have the possibility to catch it at a reasonable price, I say go for it.
Leporello
Tom Ford's interpretation of sex ..
or why Tom Ford wants us to believe that, in his opinion, women like the smell of sweaty testicles.

Before I am accused of any form of olfkatorischer perversity, I would like to point out that the above statement is based on an interview with Tom Ford by New York Magazine entitled "Tom Ford After Sex" from 2007 (May 18, 2007). There has been enough written about Tom Ford about sex in recent years. Anyone who has followed Tom Ford's career will notice that Tom Ford has always consciously used sexuality or "sex", whatever Mr. Ford understands by it, flirted and advertised, in a very striking way. Be it during his time with Gucci, think of the scandal advertising of 2003, or the already very primitive and striking sexist advertising for this fragrance, staged and photographed by Terry Richardson. Now one may think and judge as one wants, the goal of greatest attention from the point of view of marketing has been achieved. By the way, the photo campaign brought the fragrance to my attention for the first time in autumn 2007. Based on the very interesting interview in the above-mentioned issue of New York Magazine (available in the online archive), you might wonder why Mr. Ford believes that women want to smell like sweaty testicles (I assume he's talking about the scent Black Orchid) and what this means in reverse for his first men's scent, especially measured against the scandal campaign. At this point, custom and decency forbid speculating about whether Tom Ford For Men was created with the claim and assumption that men want to smell like [...] and whether this should be suggested by campaign technology.

Now let's leave the Ford´schen Dirty-Talk at page and dedicate ourselves to the fragrance itself. Because despite all the sexual coquetry I find it incredibly wearable and grandiose. We are talking about a Tom Ford fragrance, which I would like to interpret as a kind of "door opener" into the world of the Private Blend series. He didn't make it with me, though, because as much as I like Tom Ford (I find him somehow "funny" and extremely elegant), I can only start with a few scents from the Private Blend range. Apart from the fact that Ford's pricing policy is ridiculously high, I have to admit that I like to wear his famous Cardigan from James Bond a lot of comfort for my life and had to have him at all costs (sometimes you are a marketing victim). Back to the scent. What Tom Ford offers us men here under his name is for me one of the best men's fragrances ever. Now, this is not meant to be a hymn of praise, but a serious comment and therefore I would now like to give a sufficient explanation. Tom Ford For Men is first and foremost a boring mainstream fragrance of his time. The scents promise classic citric-woody boredom for men over thirty. The market really hasn't waited for this to happen. But far from it, because what begins as an expectation of citric-woody boredom quickly ends in the impression that one has taken a completely different path here. Tom Ford For Men opens with plenty of citrus notes, but these are not bitingly tangy, but rather warm and naturally sweet. Especially the combination of bergamot and mandarin, which is very oily and ripe, combined with a prominent basil note makes the beginning of the fragrance very interesting. This very basil note is so wonderfully green, aromatic and spicy that one might think one has a tub of basil in front of one's nose and a bowl of all kinds of citrus fruits to the right and left. Whoever thinks of Pesto here is wrong, rather one could describe the impression as a "smoothie". But Tom Ford wouldn't be so obsessed with sex if he didn't give the scent one, I apologize for the Anglicism, "dirty-vibe". After thirty minutes at the latest, the top note clears the way for a wonderful, slightly animal and sweet-spicy mixture of pepper and tobacco accompanied by orange blossom.

This mixture works a little, I would like to say "slightly sweaty" as if one had put a light "dirty" veil over the notes. This is also evident after about an hour, when the scent, on my skin, develops light notes of fresh tobacco (like smelling a pack of cigarettes). Note that it is not a tobacco scent, but these warm, sweet-spicy notes of tobacco make the scent very interesting. If one would like to take up the topic of sex again at all, one could speak of a Ford´schen interpretation at this point, because the fragrance becomes more "physical" but still carries a good portion of the fresh citrus and flower notes with it. Truly no animalistic bomb like a primeval Couros, but something makes the scent appear "animalistic" in the sense of physical. I suppose this impression comes from the Cypriol (Nagarmotha), which is described as earthy and balsamic exotic, and from the Tasmanian false elm, which is said to give a particularly good honey. So if we have Tom Ford's olfactory interpretation of sexuality in front of us, it's hard for me to judge, the scent just smells too good. As far as durability is concerned, we're not dealing with a quickie here either, because on my skin the scent loosely lasts eight hours with rather light sillage.

What can we say in conclusion about the first men's fragrance from Tom Ford? Surely it is a very solid and pleasant men's fragrance that can be worn by a wide age group on all occasions, as long as they take place on the "cooler" days. In addition, the fragrance skilfully balances on the fine line between animal notes, fresh-sweet spicy top notes and a warm base. Olfactorically speaking, it doesn't take much courage to wear this fragrance, it is a safe bench and simply smells damn good. And what remains of Tom Ford's favorite theme sex? Well, most likely the scandalous campaign and the alienating ideas of Mr. Ford regarding human sex pheromones and their conception in his first two fragrances.

PS: I recommend anyone who wants to learn a little about Tom Ford, his concept of clothing, style and fragrances to read the interview in New York Magazine.

(http://nymag.com/news/features/32120/)
A restrained Tom "Fort"
Tom Ford does not usually try to find meaningful names for his fragrances. It usually says what's in it. Oud Wood, Plum Japonaise, Grey Vetiver, and so on With "For Men" a Tom is already heating up the fantasy by his standards. Many pre-commentators agreed that this is a restrained fragrance for the office. "Class" I thought to myself, in the office I am a lot, and already for a while on the search for "the" office smell.

I didn't torch long and renounced the obligatory order of a bottling or sample and ordered directly on my favorite perfume portal. My first blind buy, so to speak. Well, what can I say: You, the previous speakers were of course absolutely right!
This fragrance is made for events where you don't want to be too present, rather for events where you ask your counterpart for a favor or a courtesy. Male, but rather tender and conditionally unisex-suitable.
The fragrance greets you with a strong citric (orange in my nose), but weakens in the course of time in favor of soft woods with a hint of sweetness.

TF For Men is truly not a masterpiece of perfumery, but it gives me a pleasant day in the office and is perfect for a special kind of appointment. For the extendable durability Tom came up with something really great, because the beautiful and noble bottle (in my case 50ml) is flat and slightly rounded like a flask, so that you could carry it in your jacket pocket for spraying - which makes the attribute "always cool stored" obsolete in an advertisement in the souk
Fun by the side, this fragrance is a little Tom "Fort", because it takes a pretty quick break. But as with many other fragrances, I take it in the morning with me in my briefcase, so that nothing stands in the way of a repeated after-spraying .
Not my discovery of the year, but very portable, pleasant and wonderful for the office, but also a companion for the weekend everyday life if it should not be so exciting.

I like him.

Let the sun shine!
Warm, Yellow, powerful: this Tom Ford's masterpiece is the energy of a sunny day made perfume.
First of all, why the name "For men"? this powerful and opulent scent is genderless in my opinion and it has all the "atouts" for being a wonderful feminine Eighties style, rich and vibrant.
At the opening you smell a fizzy and vibrant symphony of citruses, then you're involved by a warm cloud of very sensual White flowers such as the orange blossom , married to intoxicating and intriguing spicy -Smoky notes.
At the base a warm embrace of Woods, amber and a round patchouli not at all earthy.
I sprayed on my skin and I felt all the warmth and the sensuality of this opulent bouquet .The sillage is strong but the result isn't heavy or "heady" and you can wear this scent also in the good season by day, because the tobacco touch is just suggested. The price for this refined "bottled sun" is very high, anyway I think this is a true gem wwhich could be worn also by those women with a strong personality . Let the sun shine!
A case of misrepresentation
I could of course write something really evil to trample and tear the scent to pieces....
But malice does not suit me and displeasure can also be expressed in a friendly way. And that's why I can't get around this scent
This Tom Ford for Men has been in my collection for a long time, sometimes bought more or less in passing. However, I use it very rarely. And that has also reasons Somehow I'm having a little trouble with the smell. I have been thinking for a long time about what bothers me about the scent and I will put this into words. I didn't get really warm with it and certain expectations were quite disappointed.

When I read through all the fabulous fragrant ingredients that are supposed to be built into it, it gives the impression that Tom Ford for Men is a highly complex fragrance with many facets and twists. That's a pretty big application A bunch of citrus in the prelude, the turn to tart spiciness and wood. And the whole thing best of all still with an opulence and an enormous durability to be expected from Mr. Ford.
You'd think...

But the reality looks unfortunately completely different or better said smells unfortunately different.
The fragrance is anything but highly complex and opulent. It starts out very citric and fresh at first when sprayed on and unfortunately hardly anything changes in the course of time.
There are probably some very subtle spicy and woody notes and, far away, something like a hint of flowers, but all this is unfortunately used so sparingly or, better said, stingy, as if either the ingredients were no longer sufficient or as if the perfumers had lost their desire or courage.
Here quite a lot is promised and only very little is kept.

The name Tom Ford in itself stands for very distinct self-confidence, rich and substantial fragrances and quite high prices.
But in the case of TF for Men, I feel like I'm being led up the garden path The scent is certainly not bad but it is pale, much too discreet, too inconspicuous, lacking in contours and above all much too short-lived.
The few scents pass me by so quickly that he doesn't even get the slightest chance to really unfold. And so after a good 2 hours there is hardly anything left to sniff, on the skin it is completely gone and on the clothes only a bland hint of some scent remains. There is also a lack of corners and edges, something to bump into a little, a fixed point, a little dirt maybe, with which you could give a fragrance an exciting counterpart. That would certainly make the fragrance more exciting.
But this way it is too smooth, too one-dimensional and not enough fragrance overall. One sniffs and waits for something else to happen. But you wait in vain for further development.

With some scents I don't have such a big problem with spraying from time to time. Then the manufacturer is probably already known for not producing the most persistent scents. And they might have been even cheaper. And often citric scents are not the most durable ones either.
At TF for Men, in my opinion, price and performance do not match, you spend a lot and get very little. And I'm very disappointed, because basically the fragrance with its woody-spicy and citrusy direction would be just right for me.
But here I can only wave tiredly, because bland citrus fruits with only hints of woody notes are not enough for me.
I wouldn't know where and when to wear the fragrance if I had to pull out the bottle every time after a short time
That is of course only my personal and subjective perception and opinion. If you see something different in this fragrance and you like it very much, and you also like it with its durability and charisma, I definitely acknowledge that. That is always everything very individual to look at.

I have now taken out the bottle again and see that there isn't much left in it, but I was able to empty it with some effort. I still need the few millilitres here for me Then I can put a hook behind it and am richer by one fragrance experience, one that I do not have to repeat.
But I wish all fans of the TF for Men a lot of fun with him! I enjoy other fragrances :-)

For me, however, a somewhat stale feeling remains that one was made fun of here.

Introverted Gentleman
Scentrack: Sting - Englishman in New York

Tom Ford for Men is full of soft citruses, spiced with fiery ginger and just a touch of herbal basil. I really like the gentle orange flower and masculine tobacco slowly burning on the skin. Clean, but in the same time dirty enough to be masculine. Unfortunately it's so introverted. I wish it was just a little bit louder. Another great Yves Cassar's work.
A pleasant and mellow daytime/ evening scent for walks in the park in autumn.

Rating: 7.5/10

Politely compelling
I’ve never been much of a fan of Tom Ford’s masculine offerings, as I find them either nice but overpriced, or fairly dull (Noir, for example). For some reasons I always never cared for this one, maybe unconsciously thinking, given the name, that it was a sort of epitome of all of that, and... bingo, this is instead the first one which works for me. Mostly because it’s finally something solid, with a fair price (well, sort of). Maybe a bit boring, surely too discreet for the needs of the average “bros” building pools to bath in their Private Blends, and however miles away from being ground-breaking: just solid and mature, unpretentious and versatile, with a remarkably decent quality and overall, extremely pleasant to wear. The composition smells simple and clear, and notes seem all built with really decent materials: the spiced, gingerish orange-citrus notes are sparkling, tangy and juicy; the floral-infused musky-ambery base smells compellingly warm, slightly creamy and slightly salty too, the whole woody-herbal accord is a bit aseptic and nondescript (I only get some faint, weakly mossy vetiver), but working fine within the composition, providing an office-safe “boisé” feel which will get some more credit on the drydown, and the suede-ish tobacco smells, well, like most other tobacco notes on the market - which means “nothing like real tobacco” for me, but nice anyway; smooth, sweet, “brownish” and affably, youthfully distinguished.

Like for some other reviewers, two fragrances came to my mind while wearing this the first time: Hugo Boss Baldessarini and to a much lesser extent, yet worthy a mention, a sort of spicier and watered-down version of L’Instant pour Homme by Guerlain. Maybe Carolina Herrera for Men too, just for the tobacco accord (an “orange-amber” flanker of that would be close to this Ford’s, I guess), and Kenzo pour Homme Boisée just for a similar citrus-scented light woody accord. Above all I’d mention Baldessarini though, and I would say Tom Ford for Men smells quite a bit better than that – more crisp, more appealing, definitely more quality too. So, anyway: a zesty, classy, politely self-confident fragrance with just the right hint of musky tackiness and a pleasant spicy-woody drydown with a warm whiff of amber. Surely a mild, maybe pedantic, kind of “generic” office-safe fragrance based on a really conventional and mainstream concept of “tart-spicy Oriental cologne” with pretty much the sole scope of making you smell nice in the most mannered, discreet and crowd-pleasing meaning possible... but hell, it does it impeccably good (sadly with a short persistence, but it does).

7-7,5/10

Nothing special
Im sorry to say but there's nothing actually unique here.

Opens with a good citrus notes with ginger, but dries down to a sweet ambery tobacco base that smells a bit generic.

Weak lasting power, timid sillage and projection. Try before you buy. It does even get close to some of TF Private Blend line.

Revised January 2014

Elegant, classical warmth
The whole raunchy campaign that surrounds this fragrance's release, had me somewhat excited to see what made this fragrance so sexual. Tom Ford for Men is sexy, at least in my opinion, however not to the extent that its advertisement suggests. I won't be posing naked with a bottle of this anytime soon, that's for sure.

The scent is an interesting concoction of smooth woods, spicy sweetness and rich, earthy tobacco and patchouli. Surprisingly, Tom Ford for Men is rather soft on the skin, I expected a much louder fragrance.

Not nearly as citrusy in the opening as one would expect, Tom Ford for Men, is smooth and classy. I am somewhat addicted to smelling this fragrance every few seconds, even though it's not what I'd call particularly outstanding or unique.

There's definitely something very appealing about this fragrance, and there's no way I'd be offended by any man wearing this. In fact I'd be elated if they did.

Tom Ford for Men has a somewhat oily quality that makes me feel as if this fragrance is more concentrated than it is. Every now and then the scent becomes dark and musky, however the honey-like sweetness tends to brighten this fragrance, bringing it up out of its dullness.

While the sillage is fairly intimate, I do rave about the lasting power which is amazing, lasting well into the next day. In some ways, Tom Ford for Men reminds me of BLV pour Homme, especially with the presence of the ginger note. I must say that if you love BLV for Summer, you'd most likely love this fragrance for Winter.

Tom Ford
When i think about Tom Ford three letters S.E.X
spanked across the bottle, Mr Ford known for Kinky
and Luschious Ads brings shock and bad taste T.F
channels Larry Flynt the king of smut and pubisher
of Adult Entertainment Hustler to the bone and leaves
no puches. Tom Ford for Men gives an air of elite
and arrogant tenure only a select few can share
Exculsive and V.I.P it may be shallow but one's
gulity pleasure starts creeping in and want to
know about the rich and the elitist, The opening
which i was a bit disappointed and expected to be
more deeper and more Resinous with incense woods
leather and Myrrah, Instend it was more aromatic
and in a fougere class because of it's sharp citric opening but still it was nice, then dries sort of boozy like a tinge of vodka swiming around the Lemon almost like a cocktail drink.

Violet leaf opens the middle drydown and bring a sweet and crisp wet texture to the fragrance underpinning of pepper lays below the violet and
counteracts well and basil adding to the spiciness to the middle base,The sweet and smoky Tobacco closes the Heart, The Finishing is suble and not as loud like the top opening and middle Grounded Patchouli gives a Earthy feel to the scent dry vetiver which i can dectect nomally i can't dectect vetiver in T.F it's visible warm amber is a bit diluted but noticible and Ceder finishes it.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
The sun in a bottle! An explosion of citruses, White flowers and warm notes very pleasant on the feminine skin too! Good sillage.High price.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Tom Ford generic. A polite and timid fragrance. It's likeable but... Don't expect the sillage to be able to shout "TOM FORD" wherever you go
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Woody orange musk more reminscent of something by Baldessarini. Grown up, a little warm, but certainly not as complex as the note breakdown.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Slightly citrusy and sweetish, subtly woody, soft, nice and quite tame; tries to please everyone. This at the expense of the scent profile.

by Floddel
by M3000
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford