Fucking Fabulous Fabulous 2017 Eau de Parfum

Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Fucking Fabulous is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Noir Premier - Or Intemporel 1888

LeatherLeather
AmberAmber
Tonka beanTonka bean
Blond woodsBlond woods

Submitted by Michael, last update on 24.10.2021.

The fragrance is marketed just as Fabulous in some countries. The reason for this might apparently be the name perceived as offensive.

Masterpiece !!!!
I don't like negative reviews, i prefer to form my own opinion.
And that's what happened with this FUCKING FABULOUS.
I have read so many reviews, negative comments of all kinds that it sometimes seemed ridiculous that i had to necesseraly defend this olfactory gem.
In order to silence the bad tongues, i am going to give you here my own olfactory experience, honest and without false notes.
If I had to sum up this FUCKING FABULOUS in one word, i would say, as the name suggests, F A B U L O U S !!!!
Fabulous in the sense that this juice is unlike any other.
It is absolutely unique, its olfactory pyramid is nothing extraordinary but doesn't looks like anything you have been able to test.
A subtle blend of refined leather, bitter almond, Tonka bean, powder vanilla with all the same a clear predominance of Tonka and sweet powdered almond of any beauty.
A premium fragrance for the daring, to wear with pride.
Do not put in the hands of inexperienced noses because this juice can disturb the uninitiated.
It is needless to mention that the marketing and advertising genius of TOM FORD played a decisive role in the popularity of this fragrance by setting, as usual, the bar very high.
Let us return, however, to the protagonist concerned.
We are dealing here with a real olfactory treasure, marvelously mixing a composition clearly standing out from the competition and immediately recognizable among a thousand.
It's sweet, luxurious, sophisticated, powdery, silky, slightly sweet...
The top notes open on an almost toasted almond rolled in sugar and vanilla.
Then it dries and becomes soft with a hint of very warming, smooth and creamy leather accord.
To give you an idea, it looks like vanilla ice cream in a butter churn mixing chunks of almonds that melt in your mouth as you sit on a vintage leather armchair...
Then the whole calms down a bit, like powdered baby powder...
We attack the heart notes with the Tonka that oozes everywhere but in a seductive way to add a creamy character to which everyone refers.
Once the weather is at rest, a kind of Tuscan style leather makes its appearance, both alluring and daring.
The arrival of the base notes once again reveal a heavy Tonka, amber and musky, with a very persistent leather.
The final drying shows a faded Tonka and tempered leather with woody notes.
All this set requires a time of adaptation to be tamed, and will not suit everyone.
A perfume to wear every day? Mmmm... I would say no.
So reserved for unique occasions.
Longevity and projection are bordering on cruelty to the people around you.
Needless to say, the longevity on clothes is just phenomenal !!!!
I get a lot of compliments and people ask me what that divine smell is.
I tell them that it is TOM FORD FUCKING FABULOUS.
Most of the time, they don't know it...
Despite everything, some "gaps" are to be remembered:
The price, 300€ for 50ml.
The tendency to no longer smell the perfume on oneself after 2 hours despite a huge sillage.
And the sensation of embalming baby powder after several hours.
So, is this FUCKING FABULOUS really fabulous? It is for me because NO other juice looks like it.
I noticed a longevity of at least 8 hours in my case.
For most of you this will be i think a mixed opinion...
However, this is not the scent i expected.
To be honest, this FUCKING FABULOUS curiously reminded me of the Dolce Gabbana Intenso...
Nothing to see you tell me but this is undoubtedly due to the presence of amber and clary sage.
The matte black bottle is sublime, similar to a magnificent square piece of chess.
Having the uncensored version, know that there is a "censored" version with the word FUCKING crossed out in red. (Censorship sucks)
As the name suggests and for my own experience it is a fabulous, unique scent, a real olfactory killing, but not exceptional either to the point of falling from your chair...
A good advice, test it before you start blindly, because only the price will make you put the bottle back.
Young people and sensitive noses sorry but you will have to go your way.
The Woww effect is very present, the olfactory pyramid is unique, although more masculine than feminine, this juice is from many points of view, an olfactory treasure.
Conclusion: If you are like me, a TOM FORD perfume addict and a fan of liquid arrogance, don't miss it, because it is a centerpiece in your Private Blend collection.
For all those who doubt it, never judge a book by his jacket...
Only one solution, buy it.
For others, i hope you like it as much as i do.
My rating: 9/10
Exceptional fragrance
First of all, I have to mention that this was a blind purchase. I was totally curious with regard to the fragrance notes / composition. However, when I first sprayed on the scent, I smelled the sage very strongly out. My thoughts were still "a little" disappointing. BUT with the dry down, the Tom Ford FF unfolds its true strength in my opinion. Because with time, my nose perceived the leather, almond and tonka bean notes. The initial disappointment was forgotten, because the already mentioned dry down is the absolute strength of the FF. A great and unusual fragrance I have not smelled before. To the durability is to say that the fragrance is perceptible even after 12 hours

FF Masterpiece
After testing the last perfumes that I had not smelled from the house, Amber Absolute and Moss Breches, I can now say with confidence that this is the masterpiece. The scent is so unique, creamy and luxurious. It makes you feel confident and in charge, but it also can take the stress away. Every time I get a whiff of this I simply cannot hold my excitement back - even when I'm alone in my room. I wear it every time I need to feel good. It can be used formally and casually as well. Tom Ford was right in saying there is only one way to describe this fragrance.

10/10
Fabulously Famous & Terribly Flawed
No other fragrance embodies the person of Tom Ford as well as FF. Tom Ford polarizes, attracts, repels, is considered a sex symbol and is a true all-rounder. In addition to his main profession fashion designer, he is also a film director and of course perfume guru.

Among the best known and most popular fragrances Tom Ford classics such as Oud Wood Eau de Parfum Wood or "Tobacco Vanilla (Eau de Parfum) | Tom Ford". However, many fragrances are also considered provocative, not least because of the horrendous prices that Tom Ford sometimes calls off. This also includes FF...

Fragrance
FF starts lovely tart and sweet. The lavender is well perceived and gives the fragrance a slight herbaceousness, which you have to process first. By the clary sage, the fragrance even gets an almost Fougere-like direction missed, which initially keeps the resonating sweetness wonderfully in check. The almond then rounds off the whole and lets the fragrance thereby become somewhat special.

And here I think the fragrance also polarizes the most. Personally, the fragrance DNA has also not really appealed to me at first, until it finally "zoomed" the 3rd time then (Thousand and one night...and it zoomed) and I have fallen in love with shock. So much so that I had to get my own bottle, which may have been a mistake, but more on that later. Back to the scent course...

After about 30-60 minutes, the fragrance then becomes increasingly sweet and the vanilla and tonka bean take command. A great leather note can also still be perceived and thus the fragrance is then for me fabulously famos, and so it remains until the end. But unfortunately, the fragrance is also terribly flawed...

The fragrance is namely only minimally noticeable on my skin and I have rarely experienced a worse durability in this price category. Already after half an hour, the scent becomes skin tight and after about 4 hours it is then completely gone with me. I have this also confirmed by friends and acquaintances who could not perceive the fragrance on me at all. On clothes, of course, the scent lasts a little longer, but even here he hardly radiates.

Overall, the durability & sillage is a huge disappointment and for the price of 4 € per ml. At the same time, I want to like Tom Ford so much and have even played with the idea to me a clear Private Blend collection; Oud Wood Eau de Parfum , "Tobacco Vanilla (Eau de Parfum) | Tom Ford", Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua I already have. And unfortunately, the performance of all of them is at most in the middle range, but what FF delivers really puts the crown on the whole thing. Whereby I must say that the fragrance, when I tested it in the perfumery, held a little better and radiated, but I refer here to the bottle, which I own (and which I have also purchased here in the Souk).

So the fragrance leaves me yet somewhat speechless and perplexed, because I love on the one hand the fragrance DNA insanely (just fabulously famos), but I can hardly enjoy the fragrance on the other hand, because I perceive him almost not (terribly flawed).

This is what finally made me order F'ing Unbelievable from DUA. If the fragrance even comes close to the original, but delivers for it, I will already be very satisfied. As soon as I receive this, I will share my experiences then again.

So I'm left to mourn the great original fragrance DNA behind and hope that others do it better...
90% love and 10% hate
Let's get to the positive first: Fucking Fabulous just smells awesome. Even if I have not yet received a compliment on the street for the fragrance and on dates Sauvage always came out better, FF remains uniquely great in my nose.

At first the scent so blows you away, it's a mix of spice and vanilla with a medicinal touch.

And that's where the 10% hate comes in, 5% of which I was aware of before I bought it.
FF is Tom Ford's most expensive perfume and is in a high league with these prices otherwise. Since the durability is really disappointing and surprising, since it is not an aquatic fragrance. Nevertheless, I decided to buy, because there is simply no comparable fragrance.

The other 5% are that the fragrance is just sometimes annoying when you have it freshly sprayed on and sits in the car, because it is just at the beginning of an absolute blast.

Conclusion: Buy a pocket atomizer and makes FF only on it when you get out of the car and sprays as often as you want.
Siebensinn
I can't help it: Right on the button!
Well, there are subtle fragrances, charming fragrances, sophisticated fragrances... and "Effing" Fabulous has certainly also elements of it, but above all he is m.E. BRACHIAL. Right on the twelve!
You spit this on yourself and stand there shaking your head for quite a while first...

"What's that? Wait a minute...wow...oh man.... Wait a minute... WOW! Mwoah..." Then you laugh a bit because that's "well clearly wayyyy too much" after all.... but -sorry- awesome.
"So after all wayyyy too much... but also guuuuuut. Damn, you should not have sprayed twice... whereas, what the heck... this is fun.... but was too much.... never mind!"
And so the inner monologue goes on and on, for hours.

Problem with the scent is that you can't hide it anywhere. It fills the room and provokes contradiction. A little embarrassing, so to speak. If you do not care: Take it Take it full on... Haha. Try him at least once.
I have yet to come across something similarly offensive but at the same time very multi-faceted.
After 3 hours, the hormone rascal calms down a bit. So best not to hang up when your date is already walking in the door. 3 hours before. Timing... ;)
Man-Scent? Woman-scent? I do not know. Unimportant. Details. You have to experience it... That much I can say. Possibly a little vulgar up front, but that can be nice. Not for every day with me. Not for work. But if I want to get Jennifer Lawrence... then! And we definitely get to talk.- ;-)

So Sillage is at least 10 - rather 12. :)
Durability also full program. By the way "Open White" is not a twin, by miles not. Can be let.
The "F'ing Unbelievable" of Dua is supposed to perform even better: Can't really imagine, but is on order, I want to know. Will report as soon as he is there. :)
Scent Top
The bitter almond harmonizes perfectly with the tonka bean - a friend once said to me "You smell just rich!"

and that is what this fragrance is - noble and rich.

What does this fragrance care if a newbie doesn't like in?

The connoisseur will continue to wear it...

Only he does not perform sooo well as I would have hoped - I recommend every 5 std to re-spray to project the whole day. Or I recommend the Clone of Dua he performs vieeel vieeeeel better at 95% fragrance performance and cheaper price.

Oh, Tom,
why do you create such great fragrances and then send us to performance hell???
The fragrance is great. It smells totally different. I'd say it's instantly recognizable once you've worn it. It stays in your head. Some people don't like it and others imagine something completely different under the name. You also have to put it on 2-3 times to learn to love it. None of this would be an issue if the fragrance didn't have the same problem as Oud Wood. The performance.
The scent lasts 6 hours on me. WTF, for this price I expect at least 9 so I don't have to re-spray while at work. Silage is one of those things. I love very strong scents (Ombre Nomade, Kirké) but FF with too blatant silage would scare people away. I'd still like to see more beastmode, though
Finally
Now I finally have this fragrance in my collection after I had read and heard so incredibly much about it. Only the most important sense had just never come into contact with it. The sense of smell.
A blind purchase admittedly, like almost everything with me. I love surprises and am extremely adaptable, change from a heavy oud to an ultra fresh fragrance à la Light Blue in no time.

Fucking Fabulous then. What can I say. Fucking expensive at first, but that was known.
I'll make it short, am not a friend of much babble. The fragrance has not stolen its name. He is stunningly good. Incomparable. I don't know anything like it. It reminds me of so many things. A thousand impressions pop into my head. The strongest is summer, beach, sunscreen. Then again, this typical smell of bookstore and, am I the only one who perceives a very subtle hint of cannabis?
The sillage is above average, three small spritzes today at 05:00 and now I'm sitting here and would love to bite into my shirt so delicious smells. One smells oneself, that is not always given. A fortune that I do not apply as exaggerated as usual. I was forewarned.

You realize that with the description is not my greatest strength, but in this case it is incomparably more difficult because I would not know with the best will in the world what I could give to further explanation.
Just try it. In the shop the test strip abschnuppern is enough here completely, because this first impression (which is not always the case for a long time) is exactly what sticks afterwards also on the body.
Again: Umwerfend. I am thrilled.
Shpend
You don't appreciate something until you don't have it anymore ...
I got a bottling of this fragrance, and was in Hamburg for a weekend, ideal circumstances to test it.

He was just different , I did not know whether to like or hate him , in certain moments I had certain scents in the nose , in which you just thought " WooW " what a beautiful fragrance , in other situations you felt really bothered .
Aufjeden fall went the weekend to the end and the enthusiasm for the fragrance as well...
The fragrance did not let me in the subsequent period in rest, you did not know how to classify it, you played again and again with the idea to get the fragrance, although he has sometimes ticked off, and I think that is exactly what makes this perfume.
It is different, it is provocative and daring, and yes, what can I say? I can since the no longer without :D

Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Interesting and sniffed out often, but fabulous?...sometime. Leather/bondage almond presented in drenching sweat. I have to be in the mood
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
One of the BEST almond perfumes i have ever tried and one of my favourite bases on leather. The only issue is the performance,...
FittigerFittiger 2 years ago
I love the smell of this.....on other people! Not so much a fan of wearing it myself, it just seems to fall flat when I do.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
With this label, it’s not really about the juice. It's about bottle-bragging rights! It's sweet & spicy and resembles P. de Marly Pegasus.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Smells too synthetic. There's some strange plastic quality about this fragrance that I really don't appreciate. Overhyped!
AJGAJG 3 years ago
Nothing special here, more for the label whores. Longevity is a joke for the price.
Fucking Fauxbulous is a more appropriate name.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 3 years ago
0.5
Oddly lacking in invention. Guess all the time was spent on coming up with a name.
ToreterToreter 3 years ago
Plastic-leather and powder. Lots of Fuck but few Fabulous. Oddly my girlfriend liked it.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Unspectacular powdery fragrance with a subtle almond note. In contrast to the distinctive name, which is a fabulous good marketing move.
MrFumejunkieMrFumejunkie 4 years ago
Ugh. Fuck me sideways. Nope.
The 'bros' are gonna lap it up like it's water from the holy grail. The new aventus panty dropper? Sigh...

by KatharinaG
by Jensthomas31
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford