Japon Noir (2007)

Japon Noir by Tom Ford

Japon Noir is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Pierre Negrin

Top Notes Top NotesSpices
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Port wine
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Jasmine, Leather, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.09.2017.

2.5 5.0 7.0/10

Smokey & Sweet
Overall, Japon Noir is a wonderfully smokey and sweet fragrance. It opens just a bit spicy & oriental on me, but quickly peels back to reveal it's smokey character which is maintained throughout the wear. As it dries, it becomes a bit sweet. The smokiness tames but still is present. JN has that tell-tale Tom Ford signature accord that's also in his Noir de Noir and Tobacco Vanille.

The fragrance is a bit low on sillage and doesn't have the greatest longevity considering the price point. Many people regard JN as the most masculine of the TF Private Blend line, and I usually don't care for masculines on my skin. However, JN strikes me as solidly unisex.

Japon Noir is quite unique, very wearable, and sadly discontinued. Highly recommend for sampling.
10.0 10.0/10

Illuminating Beauty
Japon Noir

I walked through the garden today, a cloudy cold rainy day...wearing Japon Noir makes me feel sad in a way, aside from its warmth, it comes off very hostile..almost abrupt..the leather squeezes hold of my neck, the patchouli runs its way down my lips leaving a dirty earthy after taste and the jasmine looks me in the eye...all the beauty in the world slowly tormented and destroied by the powerful leather.

I kept walking through the garden..fallen petals kissing my toes, grass caressing my ankles..my finger tips brushing against the flowers. I cant help but feel somewhat dangerous with Japon Noir on my skin, almost as if this were the scent of an assasinator. Dark, violent and so beautiful..so perfect. I think the sense of fear i get from this is that the leather note doesnt quit, it literally enevelopes my body as if i were in a bondage dungeon with an audience of beautiful angelic people, looking at me..looking at my destruction.

I dont think this represents the beauty and the heritage of Japanese culture, but it for me..represents the underground..the people beneath the streets and the sakura trees...filled with darkness..waiting hungrily to release themselves out onto the night. I love the spiciness of Japon Noir, its as if im sitting in an old Japanese tea house with steam bursting from the small tea pots and beautiful geishas fanning themselves in anticipation for what is to come. But once this settles and calms down..i find myself floating in water..confused but at peace with this fragrance and all its strange beauty

by loewenherz
by loewenherz

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Body Spray) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford