Jasmin Rouge 2011

Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford
Jasmin Rouge is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
WoodsWoods
LabdanumLabdanum
LeatherLeather
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.11.2021.

5.5
Not worth the money...
I wanted to give a jasmine fragrance a chance, although I am very very picky when it comes to jasmine. Jasmine in a modern, noble, interesting way to absolute perfection can dazzle in my opinion only a perfume house and that is unfortunately not Tom Ford.

The fragrance starts with a very strong jasmine and a very juicy tangerine. Unfortunately, as is so often the case with jasmine fragrances, the scent smells very very "Grand Ma"... Nothing new, nothing noble or extraordinary, just a pretty old-fashioned thousand times smelled jasmine fragrance with a bunch of other notes that do not really harmonize together... The tangerine harmonizes in my opinion not at all with the jasmine and takes the femininity of the jasmine totally away. I don't get that much of the other notes except that the confusing top note combo leaves me a bit perplexed...which notes other than the jasmine that are actually present here I would have to read through first. A confusing of different fragrance notes characterized fragrance, where but the jasmine, which in my opinion is not beautifully done, plays the main role.

A popular fragrance like many Tom Ford fragrances has a mediocre durability and a miserable sillage.... For the price I would have expected more. Hundreds of similar designer fragrances smell the same, but have a much better shelf life.... The fragrance is simply not worth the money...
A juicy jasmine bomb.
For all Tom Ford lovers, it was clear that sooner or later he will also sniff this fragrance. So also I.
The name "Jasmine Rouge" actually already says what it's all about, but that comes so a bomb on one... I would not have thought.
The first time sprayed on the wrist and sniffed - The bomb that came to jasmine, would have almost overrun me. My first thought "oh dear."
After a few minutes, I smelled it again - no change.
After about half an hour, the pungent jasmine subsided and became softer, gentler and more pleasant. Amber and some vanilla joined in. It became a balance. The stillness was ok, but the durability was top for it
SMKB
Jasmine pure and wonderful holiday memories
Well, now I have a problem. After the bottling of "Lost Cherry" by Tom Ford a few days ago, I was firmly convinced that I had found my new favourite. I had no idea that he would have to fight for the place on the podium with another scent of Tom Ford so quickly. I had actually already regretted having ordered another bottle of "Jasmine Rouge" and am now torn. Ordering two bottles of Tom Ford at once is beyond even the Christmas bonus budget :)
I first came into contact with the scent of jasmine during two Tunisian holidays about 20 years ago and was immediately fascinated. Even today, the scent of jasmine immediately evokes associations of bright, clear summer colors, lightness and freshness. I also used a body care series from Korres for several years, in which Jasmine was the "main actor" (I don't think it exists anymore today). I wasn't looking for a jasmine scent at all, but came across it through my new Tom Ford enthusiasm and ordered it more or less on good luck and purely for interest. I did not expect that Jasmine still flashes me like that. In my opinion the scent is quite pure and authentic jasmine, at least I don't smell much other notes and even now, after several hours of wearing it, I don't. For me it could also be white jasmine, it's just a pretty clear, unadulterated and naturally scented jasmine wave for me. You should definitely like the scent of jasmine (and I know some people who don't do that at all), which it "pops". For jasmine haters this must be an absolute nightmare. I could bathe in it. I think it's absolutely suitable for everyday use, neither too heavy nor too powdery nor too sweet (I find all that rather unpleasant), has a harsh note in my perception and awakens inner images of whitewashed walls, jasmine bushes swaying in the wind, blue sea and sun. At least with me. Durability, at least as far as I can judge so far this afternoon, rather good, I have already sprayed once, but less because it was urgently needed than because I wanted "more of the same". Well, I should probably flip a coin... Cherry or jasmine, that's the question :)
More than jasmine...
Okay, so I have to admit I was a little biased. The first time I sprayed Jasmine Rouge I was anything but enthusiastic Jasmine Overload. That's it.
I was disappointed, but not surprised by the name.
Put the bottling away again.
Well, jasmine scents are just nothing I don't like jasmine tea either
Then I tested it again.
Sprayed generously on the arm.
Again, just jasmine... wait!
After some time, other components appear. Where do they come from?
I look into the pyramid.
And indeed Vanilla, amber, cinnamon Jasmine is still there, but is accompanied by some of my favorite scents.
I'm fascinated.
I thought it was just jasmine? Now it's slightly sweet and spicy.
When I fade out the jasmine note, I even have to think of something like tobacco vanilla for a moment. (Of course not in strength and projection, but to some extent already.
As if I had worn this scent days ago and now I sprayed this one over it)
Without the tobacco note, of course. But with vanilla and a few spices That's fine
So the jasmine note is actually very tolerable! Somehow I perceive Jasmine Rouge in the Drydown also much softer and more balanced than at the beginning.
Maybe I was influenced too much by the name and the heart note for the first time.
I didn't pay attention to other scents.
And jasmine is there, no question, but embedded in other more cuddly scents.

Jasmin Rouge deserves the second chance, even if, like me, you are deterred by the jasmine note.
In the meantime I have even got used to it and feel the composition is very successful :)
5.5
Nothing but jasmine
With great expectations of Tom Ford as he probably mixes this jasmine fragrance, I was quickly slowed down. Even over several days my impression did not change - the fragrance consists of only one penetrating jasmine flower. That's about it. I love jasmine and the tea from it, but I didn't like it here. Shrug your shoulders!
LeilaJasmin
The Arab princess who longed for security...
There is this longing in me, an almost painful desire for security.

10 years ago was the last time I visited my family in Tunisia.
Daddy drives along a dusty uneven road, people leave their houses to welcome us.
When they arrive at my grandmother's house, all my relatives are standing, storming towards me, embracing you with perfect, unconditional, sincere and pure love... Arrived...
The house is surrounded by jasmine.
The wind blows and Jasmin embraces us.

I go to the roof, look at the dusty street, the mosque calls to pray, children's voices echo through the alleys, the wind blows, I breathe deeply and Jasmine embraces me again.

Yesterday I discovered through a friend Jasmin Rouge.
I put it on and had to defend myself with all means against it and not to tear myself up in tears in front of all the people on the spot.
I felt a kind of sweet pain and security.
Wanderlust and homesickness with a single breath.

I wore Jasmin rouge one day and it made me more perfect.
I run through a crowd of people and in my fantasy I leave a sillage of my personality.
I leave behind love, security, curiosity, hope, innocence, cordiality, strength and intimacy.

I think Jasmin Rouge has been waiting for my return.
Amiparfum
It's probably called a statement
My scent. Identification.
He's moving in big, a little dirty, like flower water or something.
But it gets silky, very dotted and jasmine pure and clear.
At the same time he is wicked and mysterious.

To illustrate it. With this fragrance I have always felt (privately) dark red fingernails and a small black with high heels on or (professionally) a designer costume with matching assessors on. I ALWAYS like to wear this diaphragm on me. He doesn't even get on my nerves in yoga.

There is nothing more beautiful than going to bed at night and smelling the remains of the last evening still on the pillow or putting on your scarf, coat or whatever in the morning and inhaling this scent gaaaaaaa deep before you spray it on again. To me, very personally, he gives courage, strength, relaxation and identity. Since I (Duft-Messi - 25+) Jasmin Rouge home, I need actually no more other smells! I don't even use my beloved classics anymore. I feel Jasmine Rouge - Thanks Tom!
Dirty-beautiful puffiness
I smelled Jasmin Rouge for the first time about 4 years ago. I liked him even then, but I wasn't so convinced that I'd bought him. However, I also had to think of him briefly at regular intervals. Almost 4 years!
In retrospect, I have to admit (and will mention that again in the course of the comment as a small appeal) that my indecision at the time was also connected with the fact that Jasmin Rouge was described by the saleswoman as a women's fragrance and "yet quite feminine".
For me the fragrance smelled unisex because of its dark aura, but yes, I apparently let myself be influenced by it, because for my environment I somehow didn't want to smell "but quite feminine".
In a nutshell, we skip the last few years until a weak moment on my part, due to a pretty good price from an internet shop that starts with the letter N...
In the here and now and after a good week with Jasmin Rouge in my possession, I can say that I really regret not having bought this fragrance back then.

Jasmine rouge smells dark floral to my senses. Jasmine dominates with an authenticity that is almost uncanny. The fragrance shows the most beguiling, lustful and somewhat dirty side of the beloved and hated jasmine. The fragrance is just as captivating as jasmine can be at times.
The light spice of the woods, ylang ylang and amber, I can also perceive from a few hours; but almost hidden in the background - like the eavesdropper on the wall. On the other hand, the deep eroticism and breathtaking pompousness of jasmine continues to waft with the same presence as at the beginning of the fragrance. Plus a little leather.
I now make my announcement true and come back again to the fact that I had doubts to smell "but quite feminine" in Jasmin Rouge. I've been wearing it for a few days now and feel great with it!
In its somewhat dirty (in the most positive sense) pompousness (does Jamsin also have an aphrodisiac effect?), Jasmin Rouge is beguiling, enveloping and feminine, but at the same time dark, engaging and masculine.

Very own, somehow erotic, self-confident and district marking jasmine scent!

Sophisticated jasmin
I tried this scent because I love so much the jasmin note and because I was attracted by this minimal but sexy red squared bottle reminding me an old chemist's potion : well, immediately a cloud of intoxicating spicy Jasmine came to my nose, made richer and fizzier by the citrusy touch at the opening . The heart is dominated by very fweminin White flowers such as the orange blossom, not at all too bitter, and by a very sensual ylang ylang.
At the base, an oriental-leathery accord with a sweet vanilla touch . A very sophisticated scent to wear by night or in the mid-cold season. The sillage is good, as well as the longevity. it isn't the usual jasmin, but a true symphony of flowery -spicy notes to enjoy and wear in every occasion you want to feel sexy but classy at the same time.
The price is high, but it's a very good composition.

A Sexy Nightime Jasmine
Jasmine Rouge
Jasmine rouge is a modern seductive, animalic jasmine scent. Its one of the few Tom Fords I really enjoy and can wear. Its sexy, deep and has a luxe feel. Superb for the cold night air of winter. If you enjoy jasmine on the naughty side, check this gem out. Superb longevity.

T3lk4T3lk4 4 months ago
"what sex with a woman smells like"
ScentistaScentista 5 months ago
It is a realistic, loud and screechy jasmine, and I LOVE it. But I wouldn't say TF scents are luxury or sophisticated - not on my skin.
Blako11Blako11 6 months ago
Within Tom Ford's collection of fragrances, private blend, Jasmin Rouge is successful because it is well balanced and presents evolution.
MariaSMariaS 7 months ago
30 notes in it and it smells only Jasmine. Can find 1000 similar in better price. Sorry TF. I want to love you but you don’t let me!
ScentwitchScentwitch 7 months ago
Wonderfully sexy!
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Fresh and inoffensive, a bit mature.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A sexy and feminin flowery bouquet made warmer by the spices and the oriental base notes. Perfect by night or in the colder season.

by EveMist
by LeaMaria
by Dine2604
by Dine2604

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford