Lavender Extrême (2019)

Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford

Lavender Extrême is a new perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Lavender

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.08.2019

Batida de Coco
When I saw this scent, my heart jumped briefly: a lavender scent - from Tom Ford! I wonder if this is a Tom Ford for me When all the others are too loud for me, mostly inharmonic. And I love lavender, nothing can go wrong, if it also comes along in the typical Ford Sillage and durability....
So it had to be a bottling!
Sprayed on - and yes, THAT's the lavender I like. Just like the lavender sacks smell for laundry. I also have to think very briefly of my beloved "Lavandula" from Penhaligon's. Very nice!
I'm wallowing for, say, five minutes, thinking about how to get a bottle. The scent, I'm sure you've guessed, makes a U-turn. At first, again for a few minutes, I feel reminded of my beloved "Fourreau Noir" by Serge Lutens - lavender with a magical tonka bean, slightly smoky. Very nice, but I already did.
Well, I'll see what happens next.
Attentive readers of course have the title of this comment in mind, and so now follows the inevitable: After only a short time this wonderful lavender dream becomes a coconut nightmare for me. The lavender is still there (not like in "Caron pour un homme", where it disappears completely after a short time and gives way to an unbearably sweet vanilla) - but it is superimposed by a cloud of warm coconut milk. Yeah, it smells like coconut to my nose. This cloud might even be quite pleasant for most people, in between "Fourreau Noir" flashes through from time to time.

I don't like coconut at all, though. Yes, I hate it. Both on the tongue and in the nose.

Sigh - yes, I wanted to like you so much... I prefer to refrain from an evaluation, for many noses it will be a very pleasant, soft scent. The Sillage is for such a smell in the very good range, at least 7.5. Unfortunately, I can say nothing about the durability, I go to wash off the smell now :-(

Syzygy73 70 days ago
Nice herbaceous lavender, but that's it. No complexity and nothing extreme, apart from the price.+1

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford