Lost Cherry (2018)

Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

Top 66 in Unisex Perfume
Lost Cherry is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum)

Louise Turner

Top Notes Top NotesBlack cherry, Cherry liqueur, Bitter almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesGriotte syrup, Turkish rose, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesPeru balsam, Roasted tonka bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.08.2020.

Victoria225
"Lost" money, or TF is taking money out of your pocket
Maybe one or the other will not agree with me, but the Private Blend is damn good. The fragrances are in high demand, and good Mr. Ford is getting a great deal for it. Yes, many will nod their heads: the prices are really anything but humane, if not outrageous. You might think twice about spending the money. And you know, in most cases you actually do it - it's so hard to resist.

Lost Cherry has been on everyone's lips since the beginning. Some said that the fragrance was a joke: how can such a simple unspectacular water cost so much money? Others praised it and described it as "the best cherry in the history of perfume". So opinions are extremely bipolar. Who should you believe? The answer is simple: yourself or your own nose. After all, these differences of opinion are due to the peculiarities of each person. After all, each of us has a different skin chemistry, different scent perception, etc...
So I have tested the fragrance and would like to share my impressions with you here.

The fragrance starts with juicy cherry (of course I'm not surprised, because this was promised on the bottle label). It could also be cherry compote (not meant negatively), because it is already very sweet. But it won't be too sweet - a slight alcoholic note prevents it from turning into cherry jam. The almond steps onto the stage and the magic begins... OMG, this combination of cherry liqueur and almonds is simply heavenly! But it goes on: after a while roasted tonka bean, Peru balsam and woody notes join in. You can't always smell every component in a fragrance. But here I can actually perceive them almost all individually. Only the Rose and Jasmine mentioned in the pyramid of fragrances I have forgotten to put in the bottle (Lost Jasmine and Lost Rose; I can live with that ;-) ). The Tonka bean really smells roasted, I have never known anything like it. The woods and Peru balsam form a beautiful base - heavenly. I can hear this base for about 6 hours on my skin, relatively close, until the scent fades away. And again and again I catch myself sniffing at my crook of my arm. Mmmmhhh.
Mr. Ford, I'm lost. Or rather, I'm in love? Either way, I'm in love... Lost cherry has done it to me, and the corresponding amount goes into Mr. Ford's pocket
I know you!?!
Thanks to a bottling I became aware of this sweetheart. Many thanks to the dear dream fillers!

Already with the first spraying on: "It smells like.... what?!?" I couldn't figure it out. Geez... This looks familiar! But what's that similar smell... Days later, I still couldn't figure it out. Grrrrr...
Until one day I opened a cherry gum pack of Har....bo! Bang!!!! Guys, this smells one on one like this.

When I first applied it, I liked it so much that I didn't dare to be happy because it was so perfect. I thought, it's not possible that a perfume can be so beautiful, just wait and see, maybe it develops in a strange direction or there is an unpleasant note to it... no, it didn't and it didn't come :-) It stayed perfect! Without hoes!

But I do have one mini mini mini criticism. At some point I hardly notice the treasure. A little bit more presence would be nice. I think the Intense version would sell really well.

You can tell I'm in love I'd rub my nose in it, so that I could constantly breathe in this interplay...

I can't imagine that in a man. I think he'll undoubtedly go down in the manly, hairy chest with his tender notes. Unless it's layered with woody or similar scents
These are of course my personal impressions. Everybody has different opinions and that is a good thing.

Absolute buy recommendation!

MrInfinite
Sweets only for sweet people
There we are again with the topic how much sugar is good for us humans. Mathematically speaking, we only need 8g of sugar per day to follow a healthy diet. Most of us (myself included) will probably not stick to 8g, what's the point? Today's Monday morning I had found myself without chocolate and in addition my laziness came out quickly before work to shop.
Along the perfume cabinet I thought about what I would wear today. Lost Cherry had to be, he was positively glowing. Wanted to tell me how delicious sweet lost cherries are and how I like to eat them yummy yummy

I treated myself to a lavish 6 sprayers so that my stomach starts to prepare for lunch. This heavenly scent of cherries mixed with tonka beans and almonds will melt your heart. The sweet note harmonises beautifully with the light leathery-woody note of Peru balsam & sandalwood. I can understand if somebody doesn't like this penetrating charisma, because Lost Cherry is fruity. I, on the other hand, think it's great to wear on such cool days and hope to be able to eat something soon :D

Lost Cherry does a good six hours of holding with proper sillage, after which he gets very close. Merci Mrs Turner for this delicious fragrance!
Mezzanine
If you're looking for the cherry...
...it was just lying between the tonka beans, on the wooden board.
Where do I start?

State of affairs on 12 January 2020
133 Perfumes own Lost Cherry
59.4% of them are male, one of them is me.

Who would have thought it, as many reviews claim that Ford's cherry is a women's fragrance. One could also think so, if one only reads the listed scents.
In my eyes, however, this thesis collapses as soon as one has smelled Lost Cherry on a man. Because this is all very different from what you think...

I love Amarena cherries. That I order a cup of Amarena cherries every time I visit an ice-cream parlor is as certain as the Amen in the church.
Cherries, almonds and marzipan, that's my thing anyway. Therefore, the Amarena cherry is, so to speak, the egg-legendary woolly milksau.

Since I am not averse to well-done gourmand scents, it was obvious that I should like Uncle Tom's cherry. And that's exactly how it happened. I think the smell is terrific Right at the beginning, the beautiful crunchy sweet cherry almost knocks your socks off.
That's a headshot flash how I love it! I could keep it that way forever, but unfortunately the cherry doesn't last that long at this point.
So after 30 minutes, more and more tonka and bitter almonds come into play. But even that is perfectly okay. From this point on, it becomes more and more masculine and woody on my skin. You get a hunch about Fucking Fabulous up your nose. I would go so far as to say that Lost Cherry is the cherry remix of Fucking Fabulous Lost Cherry becomes a tonka wood scent on my skin. The cherry gets duller with time. Almost like a dried glass of cherry liqueur, which is still on the table after the party the night before, unwashed. But that's not bad, because all in all it just smells great!

Speaking of the night before Only the durability has unsettled me a bit.
If you read the fragrances and think of wummser like tobacco vanilla and noir de noir, you will suspect a thick, palatable scent that will stay on your skin for at least an eternity I can smell my Tobacco Vanilla on my skin for 48 hours without lying.
With Lost Cherry, sometimes after five hours I think he's gone. Then I have to put my nose close to the back of my hands so that I can still smell something. Even with 5 sprayers on the neck, I have the impression that the smell is completely gone after 4 to 5 hours.
For a 200-270€ expensive 50ml fragrance that's already damned Mau.

I put it on my nose first, but in general, the new fragrances by Tom Ford don't seem to be the measure of all things in terms of durability and sillage anymore.
This could possibly be related to all the recent EU regulations and the ban on many components. I cannot and will not imagine that brands like TF would deliberately dim their flagships to the bare minimum. There's also the issue of reputation
But so be it. A bottle is for spraying. I just spray it on and enjoy the top note cherry flash again. It's great...

Now, boys - no fear of cherries.

Scent - a woody tonka-cherry dream
Sillage - is present, but lets the environment live in peace.
Durability - could be better. Nose on skin: 6-8 hours

Emorandeira
Ácid cherry chewie gum and marzipan
I am divided with this perfume. Un one hand is one of the BEST scents i have tried un the last years. I find here a delicious acid cherry over a liquereuse bitter almond wich makes me think of the typical marzipans of Christmas. The dry down is sweet a bit woodier. It has something which makes me remember the ácid cherry chewie gums that i had when i was a Child.
But un the other hand the performance goes not according to the price. The longevity is not bad but only average (5-6 hours) and the sillage is weak. It only projects the fist hour and after that It is only a skin scent, more like a body cream effect than a perfume.
For me It is unisex and better for cold temperaturas. I think It could be a very good option for night out.
Regarding the price i think It is too highg. I dont understand why this perfume is more expensive than other perfumes of the private blend when the quality and concentration of essences is the same and It doesnt have any ingredient soecially expensive (for example un oud wood ir noir de noir TF includes oud and this perfumes are much cheapers). I think i would pay 300€/100ml when you can get the Alexandria or fragrebza versión or even the arabian perfume oils dupe which is almost the same.

Scent: 10
Longevity: 7.5
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 3
Versatility: 6
Originality: 9.5
Global: 8

Lost Cherry
I have not had a very good time with TF private label releases of the last couple of years, so I curbed my enthusiasm on this one until i was able to actually smell it. Here are my thoughts, and thanks for watching.

EmergeR
Somebody must have lost the cherry...
The title is actually as ambiguous as it sounds.

Without a doubt, Lost Cherry is an unusual, delicious, almost gourmand, yet fruity fragrance. I immediately fell in love with him and was even more happy that I got him as a present for my birthday this year. Nevertheless, I find the name so wrong that it is actually right again. Because in my opinion, the cherry only plays second fiddle here. For my taste (more exactly: my nose) the bitter almond dominates here clearly.
Now I have to say that due to my experiences in various chemical laboratories in the past I react a little sensitive to bitter almond aroma (the poisonous and carcinogenic chemical nitrobenzene smells totally delicious after bitter almonds - which ruined my enjoyment of a glass of Amaretto for some years).
As I said, it may be due to my hypersensitivity to the aroma of bitter almonds, so for me the cherry, although present, is a little lost.
However, this does not diminish the uniqueness of this beautiful composition.
Perhaps they could be seen as a reminiscence of the time when our grandmothers in robes sipped a glass of cherry liqueur or amaretto over afternoon coffee. Not that my grandmother (she had an agricultural farm) would have done this, but the performance is simply beautiful ;-)

The fragrance has an overall long shelf life, which is in line with the price segment. What is a pity for me personally is that as soon as I have applied the scent, I no longer smell it on myself at all. With other fragrances it is usually the case that they say "hello" again and again during the day, but the lost cherry is always lost on the way to my nose. Is anyone else going to do it like this?
Despite everything I would let him give me at any time again ;-)
Sinful fruit of love
The first sprayer makes my mouth water and I smell a full-fruity, juicy and sinful dark red ripe heart cherry. Hmmm delicious and forbidden good, I look left and right, nobody looks and I bite carefully and let this sweet - slightly säuerlich juice run into my mouth, a few drops roll down my chin and leave a small sticky scent. What a wonderful pleasure to enjoy this fruit. For a long time my taste buds have their reverberation on the tongue ...
Then a change occurs, the sin comes in the form of bitter almond, wood and tonka bean and the seductress par excellence brings along the beautiful jasmine. Who can resist this fragrance? What was Tom thinking? No loving heart can evade here any more, no the sinful temptation puts its long soft and tender fingers out and we are lost. This fragrance belongs on the top shelf with the red inscription caution quite dangerous and addictive. And he holds you in his arms all day long and exudes this aura with the promise of passion and love. What a noble man his heart burns with love gives him.
This is my definition of this love elixir, a beautiful fragrance with depth and long reverberation. The individual ingredients fit together excellently and result in a great composition. Very noble, fine and special. Of course it has its price - this special treasure in the red bottle - please be careful when spraying, the sweet search begins to work....
GirlofNow
If I would have to decide for a cherry scent then devinitiv for here:))))
Yes correctlylsen!:))) Many cherry scents I have smelled so far, were either too artificial for me or sometimes just penetrating but this one is just wonderful! *-* When I was testing me at first, very uncertain whether I would like it, but then when I sprayed on a test strip and held it under my nose I was just amazed how good and beautiful the smells!:))) I smelled for quite a while just on the test strip:D And dreamed like a crazy one before me... Even the salesman hadn't noticed me about all the raving and dreaming...:D #PEINLICH.... But no matter am anyway a very dreamy person also so;D

Alsooo now we come to the more interesting part namely my favourite part and that is of course the description of the fragrance;)

I could already smell the cherry note when I sprayed it on, it is as already said no artificial but also no penetrating cherry note, one can almost say an authentic cherry note. The bitter almond is a true dream in the course of scent! In my opinion, the fragrance is not really very sweet, because the bitter almond gives the cherry a slightly bitter note, so the fragrance itself is not cheap or artificial, but much more interesting and seductive but also very high quality! After a few hours sandalwood and tonka bean gave the fragrance a very light but nevertheless pleasant sweetness, nevertheless the bitter almond was always clear and good to smell. The cherry note remained, present but became softer with time. I couldn't smell other notes big or strong now personally... H+S is like Tobacco Vanilla very good! Almost two days! I think that the fragrance is very good to wear during the day if you dose it easily:) I don't think I'll buy it at the moment because it's not really cheaper than Tobacco Vanilla!... Be that as it may, I hope that I have described it well....because I always try to give the best I can by writing and describing the scents:)
Sweet and wicked
The first smell makes me feel like I'm bathing in cherry syrup. Juicy, ripe cherry.
After a few minutes, the fragrance reveals more depth and a spicy woody note. The liqueur can also be spotted.
For me personally comes the association of the Malibu cherry cocktail, which I used to like to mix with a friend. This fragrance makes me think of drinking it in a darkened room with a wood-panelled wall, sitting in a black leather armchair.
The almond comes a little later for me, then it becomes much more bitter and for my nose almost a little smoky.
The pure sweetness from the beginning has disappeared and that makes it really exciting for me!

Would I like to wear this perfume? Probably less, it doesn't suit me. Too sweet in the beginning, too bitter in the end, that's not me. But I can imagine how seductive it is to a lady - or even to a man! - may smell when it flatters the wearer's personality.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 7 months ago
One of my favourite scent, cherry and almond making like a marzipan over a Woody background but weak longevity. Not sure if worths price...
ItchynoseItchynose 9 months ago
Smooth and sensual cherry liqueur and almonds, just a tad too bitter and feminine to my nose.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 17 months ago
Too sweet and nauseous for me.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 17 months ago
Nice, sweet, smoky, alluring, hyped, but just to expensive for a less performant (could be a) flanker of Gurlain's L'Homme Idéal L'Intense.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 17 months ago
A bittersweet pleasure to wear in special occasions everytime you want to feel sexy and modern at the same time. Good sillage. High price

Hohenzollernbrücke Köln
by Tiho
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford