Lost Cherry 2018

Lost Cherry by Tom Ford
Top 45 in Unisex Perfume
Lost Cherry is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Royal Oud

Louise Turner

Top Notes Top NotesBlack cherry, Cherry liqueur, Bitter almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesGriotte syrup, Turkish rose, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesPeru balsam, Roasted tonka bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.10.2020.

It's hatched!
Forgive my grammatical faux pas in the headline but it just got out of hand! I bought the fragrance at a nice perfume shop in the souk and was totally thrilled! So enthusiastic that I ordered it again. But with the reorder it was over with the cherry.
In the beginning you can smell cherry, very present, fruity, intense cherry. If it had smelled of this cherry all the time, it would not have landed on my wrist a second time The cherry is (thank God it's so intense) only in the top note and then evaporates quite quickly and turns into a sweet combination of Italian almond biscuit, Amerettini and Ameretto. And that's exactly what I was very fond of in the beginning.
The first sample was quickly empty. When reordering, the disillusionment came. Too much sweet, too much almond, too much cherry, too much yuck!
He just annoyed me For whatever reason. Maybe I have to give him a little more time and in winter I have to rummage out again, it fits perfectly to an evening at the Christmas market! But at the moment he only has headache potential. The scent remains interesting and has a proud price. Therefore I would not recommend blind buying. The Sillage is very good and the durability I would describe as good.
An interesting gourmet fragrance that should be used in a well-dosed way and enjoyed with caution ;)

The Red Priestess
Who doesn't know it among us perfumers. Unfortunately, our partners do not always share our passion for fragrances, and so you are more likely to meet with incomprehension if you end up in a perfumery while walking around town. Every now and then, however, one encounters a pearl among the fragrances, which is met with great enthusiasm by both. Therefore, I would like to dedicate this comment today to a scent that unfortunately does not adorn my collection. And probably never will. Nevertheless, this fragrance is incredible
About a year ago I got the "order" from my girlfriend to choose a fragrance for her. Of course I was happy to take on this task and since many women's designer fragrances are simply too flowery, sweet and pompous for me, I looked a little to the left and right of the mainstream. In the store I came across this red bottle, which looked super chic and provocative. Lost Cherry, hm, sounds interesting. So I looked at Parfumo for the notes and figured that this fragrance could stand a lady very well. So I sprayed it on and I was immediately blown away. For the Game of Thrones fans among us, a little association: in my head was immediately the image of Melisandre.

A creamy cherry liqueur, enveloping, warm and sexy lies on a bed of sweet bitter almond aroma. In the back room, a little bit of cigar smoke wafts over. It is already dark outside and the lady puts on her most beautiful blood-red dress. That's the image I associate with this scent. Smoke is not listed, but nevertheless I perceive a subtle smoky facet. The cherry note runs through the whole fragrance and is easy to melt away.

I see the scent primarily on a woman. So sexy, wicked, yet stylish. Not too obtrusive, thanks to the moderate sillage and durability. I get into raptures again...

_______________________________________

Lost cherry
Your innocence has disappeared
Of your sugary, red nectar
I got drunk.
Esoteric amaretto cherries
Marinate sour cherries in candy and rum. Leave to steep for 3 days. Then pour on the Amaretto and rub in a little roasted tonka bean. Let it stand for another week - done! This was the recipe for one of my favourite desserts as a patissier. Instead of the tonka bean we added vanilla pulp. Tonka was only just coming out at that time.

When I sprayed LC, my first thought was this dessert and cherry liqueur, but of the good kind. Due to the roasting of the tonka bean - at least I think so - it has a slightly smoky touch. Therefore esoteric ;) - as if one had lit an incense stick while serving, but it is far away.

In the Drydown I smell cherry, bissi smoke and a hint of woodruff (which is probably also due to the tonka bean), quite timidly still bitter almond.

This fragrance is a true dessert dream - but not just cute. Soon this cherry will no longer be lost, because I will take it in
Lost in the cherry.
...is my motivation to study for my next tax exam. But from the beginning!

It all started with the deal of dear Amylovesyou - I just had to strike and get this beautiful bottle. The red couldn't be more appropriate for a cherry, here Tom Ford does a great job in the Private Blend series.

There are many fragrances where you don't really know what you're getting and then you're either completely surprised, horrified or thrilled - it's a little different with Lost Cherry. After all, Lost Cherry already has its fragrance in its name - the cherry. And that's what you get, full pot. When I first sprayed it on, I thought for a moment about the cherry Hubba Bubba. It often accompanied me at school, because it had, like the Tom Ford, such a sweet and captivating cherry note.

The strong sweetness of the bun already decreases after a few minutes, a touch of almond and tonka bean are added, which makes the bun even rounder and more pleasant. It now goes away from Hubba Bubba in the direction of cherry liqueur. Also not bad ;)
On my skin it hardly changes any more and that's good. I wanted cherry, I got cherry The next 6-7 hours I feel as if I had fallen into the cherry tree and everyone who follows me would assume so The fragrance is great for women and men to wear, but as a man you should be aware of the sweetness, if you don't like it or never liked the Hubba Bubba, you should keep your hands off Lost Cherry!

To conclude my experience with the anecdote I started it with, I am now sitting here and writing this commentary to the best of my knowledge to write a tax review tomorrow. But I'm always sniffing my wrist to enjoy the cherry scent - hopefully I'll have good cherries with the professor tomorrow :-)
Victoria225
"Lost" money, or TF is taking money out of your pocket
Maybe one or the other will not agree with me, but the Private Blend is damn good. The fragrances are in high demand, and good Mr. Ford is getting a great deal for it. Yes, many will nod their heads: the prices are really anything but humane, if not outrageous. You might think twice about spending the money. And you know, in most cases you actually do it - it's so hard to resist.

Lost Cherry has been on everyone's lips since the beginning. Some said that the fragrance was a joke: how can such a simple unspectacular water cost so much money? Others praised it and described it as "the best cherry in the history of perfume". So opinions are extremely bipolar. Who should you believe? The answer is simple: yourself or your own nose. After all, these differences of opinion are due to the peculiarities of each person. After all, each of us has a different skin chemistry, different scent perception, etc...
So I have tested the fragrance and would like to share my impressions with you here.

The fragrance starts with juicy cherry (of course I'm not surprised, because this was promised on the bottle label). It could also be cherry compote (not meant negatively), because it is already very sweet. But it won't be too sweet - a slight alcoholic note prevents it from turning into cherry jam. The almond steps onto the stage and the magic begins... OMG, this combination of cherry liqueur and almonds is simply heavenly! But it goes on: after a while roasted tonka bean, Peru balsam and woody notes join in. You can't always smell every component in a fragrance. But here I can actually perceive them almost all individually. Only the Rose and Jasmine mentioned in the pyramid of fragrances I have forgotten to put in the bottle (Lost Jasmine and Lost Rose; I can live with that ;-) ). The Tonka bean really smells roasted, I have never known anything like it. The woods and Peru balsam form a beautiful base - heavenly. I can hear this base for about 6 hours on my skin, relatively close, until the scent fades away. And again and again I catch myself sniffing at my crook of my arm. Mmmmhhh.
Mr. Ford, I'm lost. Or rather, I'm in love? Either way, I'm in love... Lost cherry has done it to me, and the corresponding amount goes into Mr. Ford's pocket
I know you!?!
Thanks to a bottling I became aware of this sweetheart. Many thanks to the dear dream fillers!

Already with the first spraying on: "It smells like.... what?!?" I couldn't figure it out. Geez... This looks familiar! But what's that similar smell... Days later, I still couldn't figure it out. Grrrrr...
Until one day I opened a cherry gum pack of Har....bo! Bang!!!! Guys, this smells one on one like this.

When I first applied it, I liked it so much that I didn't dare to be happy because it was so perfect. I thought, it's not possible that a perfume can be so beautiful, just wait and see, maybe it develops in a strange direction or there is an unpleasant note to it... no, it didn't and it didn't come :-) It stayed perfect! Without hoes!

But I do have one mini mini mini criticism. At some point I hardly notice the treasure. A little bit more presence would be nice. I think the Intense version would sell really well.

You can tell I'm in love I'd rub my nose in it, so that I could constantly breathe in this interplay...

I can't imagine that in a man. I think he'll undoubtedly go down in the manly, hairy chest with his tender notes. Unless it's layered with woody or similar scents
These are of course my personal impressions. Everybody has different opinions and that is a good thing.

Absolute buy recommendation!

MrInfinite
Sweets only for sweet people
There we are again with the topic how much sugar is good for us humans. Mathematically speaking, we only need 8g of sugar per day to follow a healthy diet. Most of us (myself included) will probably not stick to 8g, what's the point? Today's Monday morning I had found myself without chocolate and in addition my laziness came out quickly before work to shop.
Along the perfume cabinet I thought about what I would wear today. Lost Cherry had to be, he was positively glowing. Wanted to tell me how delicious sweet lost cherries are and how I like to eat them yummy yummy

I treated myself to a lavish 6 sprayers so that my stomach starts to prepare for lunch. This heavenly scent of cherries mixed with tonka beans and almonds will melt your heart. The sweet note harmonises beautifully with the light leathery-woody note of Peru balsam & sandalwood. I can understand if somebody doesn't like this penetrating charisma, because Lost Cherry is fruity. I, on the other hand, think it's great to wear on such cool days and hope to be able to eat something soon :D

Lost Cherry does a good six hours of holding with proper sillage, after which he gets very close. Merci Mrs Turner for this delicious fragrance!

Emorandeira
Ácid cherry chewie gum and marzipan
I am divided with this perfume. Un one hand is one of the BEST scents i have tried un the last years. I find here a delicious acid cherry over a liquereuse bitter almond wich makes me think of the typical marzipans of Christmas. The dry down is sweet a bit woodier. It has something which makes me remember the ácid cherry chewie gums that i had when i was a Child.
But un the other hand the performance goes not according to the price. The longevity is not bad but only average (5-6 hours) and the sillage is weak. It only projects the fist hour and after that It is only a skin scent, more like a body cream effect than a perfume.
For me It is unisex and better for cold temperaturas. I think It could be a very good option for night out.
Regarding the price i think It is too highg. I dont understand why this perfume is more expensive than other perfumes of the private blend when the quality and concentration of essences is the same and It doesnt have any ingredient soecially expensive (for example un oud wood ir noir de noir TF includes oud and this perfumes are much cheapers). I think i would pay 300€/100ml when you can get the Alexandria or fragrebza versión or even the arabian perfume oils dupe which is almost the same.

Scent: 10
Longevity: 7.5
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 3
Versatility: 6
Originality: 9.5
Global: 8

Lost Cherry
I have not had a very good time with TF private label releases of the last couple of years, so I curbed my enthusiasm on this one until i was able to actually smell it. Here are my thoughts, and thanks for watching.

EmergeR
Somebody must have lost the cherry...
The title is actually as ambiguous as it sounds.

Without a doubt, Lost Cherry is an unusual, delicious, almost gourmand, yet fruity fragrance. I immediately fell in love with him and was even more happy that I got him as a present for my birthday this year. Nevertheless, I find the name so wrong that it is actually right again. Because in my opinion, the cherry only plays second fiddle here. For my taste (more exactly: my nose) the bitter almond dominates here clearly.
Now I have to say that due to my experiences in various chemical laboratories in the past I react a little sensitive to bitter almond aroma (the poisonous and carcinogenic chemical nitrobenzene smells totally delicious after bitter almonds - which ruined my enjoyment of a glass of Amaretto for some years).
As I said, it may be due to my hypersensitivity to the aroma of bitter almonds, so for me the cherry, although present, is a little lost.
However, this does not diminish the uniqueness of this beautiful composition.
Perhaps they could be seen as a reminiscence of the time when our grandmothers in robes sipped a glass of cherry liqueur or amaretto over afternoon coffee. Not that my grandmother (she had an agricultural farm) would have done this, but the performance is simply beautiful ;-)

The fragrance has an overall long shelf life, which is in line with the price segment. What is a pity for me personally is that as soon as I have applied the scent, I no longer smell it on myself at all. With other fragrances it is usually the case that they say "hello" again and again during the day, but the lost cherry is always lost on the way to my nose. Is anyone else going to do it like this?
Despite everything I would let him give me at any time again ;-)

MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 13 days ago
the perfume that converted me to gourmand. subtle sweetness. impressive longevity. perfect for those who eschew vanilla.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 15 days ago
Quite sweet and a little bit cloying in the opening with cherry liqueur and a bitter almond. In the drydown you get cherry with a nice smoke
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 10 months ago
One of my favourite scent, cherry and almond making like a marzipan over a Woody background but weak longevity. Not sure if worths price...
ItchynoseItchynose 11 months ago
Smooth and sensual cherry liqueur and almonds, just a tad too bitter and feminine to my nose.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 19 months ago
Too sweet and nauseous for me.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 20 months ago
Nice, sweet, smoky, alluring, hyped, but just to expensive for a less performant (could be a) flanker of Gurlain's L'Homme Idéal L'Intense.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 20 months ago
A bittersweet pleasure to wear in special occasions everytime you want to feel sexy and modern at the same time. Good sillage. High price

Hohenzollernbrücke Köln
by Tiho
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford