Lost Cherry 2018 Eau de Parfum

Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 26 in Unisex Perfume
Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Louise Turner

Top Notes Top NotesBlack cherry, Cherry liqueur, Bitter almond
Heart Notes Heart NotesGriotte syrup, Turkish rose, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesPeru balsam, Roasted tonka bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 07.05.2021.

MarkusFunke
When mine was no longer mine
I report on my 2020 purchase.

Who does not know it... Since one stands in the perfumery of his confidence and sees this dominant, red bottle... in the head you already grind out how the fragrance smells, if only he would smell like the flanker looks.... So I go to the Tom Ford booth consultant with high expectations and ask her to give a few sprays on a test strip.... UUUUAND WHOOSH!!! It happened... From about three feet away I smelled paradise made of cherries.... i haven't been around long enough to accurately describe the scent. I would say it smelled like those cherry lollipops you had back in the day. Only much more intense! It was sexy, powerful, radiant. I picture myself wearing dark clothes and this scent.... Serious, serious, aloof, yet warm and familiar.... So...No sooner said than done, bought.

On the same day in the evening, my girlfriend quite proudly presented my new acquisition.... She was thrilled! I of course overjoyed. What I had not yet considered at the time... This fragrance is unisex. For men and women... so maybe even for me and my girlfriend...So just for my girlfriend. She liked the perfume so much, a few days later she seized it and took it home with her. Luckily I had ordered pocket atomizers a few weeks before and was able to get the bottle back through that.

Surprisingly, I find the fragrance not only on me fantastic, but also on my girlfriend. I catch me every time anew, as I sniff at her. Even if I wear the fragrance myself. In the meantime, it has become our "signature pair fragrance" that we usually wear when we are on the road together.

As for the last comments on durability, all I can say is.... 3 sprays in the morning, then to work, meet friends, to bed in the evening and oh what is there? Lost Cherry. Shelf life monster!

This was my first review, so please be gracious with me :)

Kind regards
Markus

Ellisparfums
I don't know what they were thinking at Tom Ford...
"Hey guys. I've got a brilliant idea!"
"What's that, Tom?"
"What if we make a really great cherry perfume?"
"Yeah, sounds good to me. Go on?"
"Of course we'll make it totally expensive. And the perfume will smell absolutely bombastic for the first 5 minutes."
"Five minutes?"
"Yes, that's right, 5 minutes. That's where the name comes in."
"And what would that be?"
"Lost Cherry!"
"Lost innocence?"
"No, Lost Cherry. Do you check it? We're making a cherry perfume that doesn't even smell like cherry after a few minutes! Lost Cherry!"
"Genius!"

That's about how I imagine this perfume came about, or something like that. Don't get me wrong - I love it to death. But it just doesn't last. I sprayed it on myself several times. I wanted to love it. But at this price? 5 minutes? Possibly it's my skin chemistry, but I don't smell anything more than a light cloud of marzipan after a few minutes. You can't really describe a scent progression other than totally delicious, sweet cherry paired with cherry liqueur in the first 2-3 minutes, which is then followed by said marzipan scent cloud for maybe half an hour. I'm also looking for a long time for a dupe that lasts at least a few hours and not identical, but at least so similar smells - I bought me Lolita Lempicka Sweet, which does not really resemble him, but smells like cherry and lasts, for a fraction of the price.

If I win the lottery someday, I will definitely buy it and re-spray it every 5 minutes. Until then, I'm afraid I'll have to keep looking for alternatives. :(

Love at first smell
I don´t know if you can fall in love with a perfume, but probably this is it.
Couldn´t stop smelling myself and am super aware when i wear it. A sweet but also sexy gourmand. As soon as you get near the bottle you can smell the cherries and the almond leaves you with such a feeling, my oh my...
Tipsy cherry
Tom Ford - fragrances I have not too long on my list, but Lost Cherry is after bitter peach now my fourth trophy. Here cherry meets bitter almond and sinks into liqueur, a bit like the cherry in Mon cherie, but without chocolate (thank goodness). Reminds me of sultry late summer evenings. Interesting, nice fragrance but: Mr. Ford, here the price-performance ratio is unfortunately not right at all.

Vogue2011
The cherry is not only lost...The entire cherry tree was cut right down....
Dear Tom Ford,

yes, I am happy to forgive you MUCH.

I forgive you that they create almost (!) exclusively fragrances that regularly pull a lot of money out of my pocket.

I forgive you also fragrances that are unfortunately not as successful as one is used to from you.
I forgive you that you have taken one of my former favorite fragrances, Violet Blonde, from the program.

But, Mr. Ford, there is one thing I do NOT forgive you for:
LOST CHERRY!

If you're going to have fruit, then please have fresh fruit, not canned cherries!

Since it is also of no use with a few shots of cherry liqueur from Germany (thanks for that ) to want to save the pale cherry. The eye is the cherry cup with! Only looks after 2-3h already quite "from yesterday" and has also lost 80% of its cherry aroma.
A shame for an otherwise so capable fragrance gourmet like you!

Employ ONLY trained staff in the kitchen department for desserts and sweets!

Tom, you usually do a BETTER job at that!

I love Lost Cherry
I’m so happy I splurged on this absolutely stunning perfume! I love cherries, and this perfume is obviously all about them.
The cherry comes on strong, like a thick syrup. It dissolves into jasmine sambac, still with cherries poking up to say hello, and ends very nicely with more cherries and mostly tonka bean. It’s equally sexy and delicious.

I have the purse size and will definitely save up for a full bottle.
First summer feelings in a bottle
In me, the scent triggers the feeling that I have on a warm evening in the days between spring and summer. In which you can still 23 o'clock in a T-shirt on the wet meadow, because the air is much warmer than the ground.
Reminiscing from the day because you could pick the first sweet cherries off the tree.
The cherries you had eaten along with other yummy things from the picnic basket with your best friend.

It's sweet, but not too sweet. Slightly floral in the background and after a while the warm tonka bean comes out. Accompanied throughout by one of the first cherries in May, which is sweet but not yet too sweet.

Love at first sniff
So for me Lost Cherry was a love at first time i smelled it. I absolutely love this sour cherry. I like to layer it with Escada's Cherry In The Air, what is so perfect combo what has get me many compliments. Only downside is lasting power for the price tag.
MsPerfume
Sexy fragrance for cold days
Recipe for Lost Cherry: take cherry lollipop, Amarena ice cream and lipstick and mix an extra-tempting dessert scent.
The opening is to die for*-*
Very sexy, very delicious! Ideal for the current cold days! Catapulted to the top of my wish list with the first spray. Wow!
Turns men's heads
Since this perfume is declared as a unisex fragrance, I ordered a bottling and tested.

In my opinion, the best women's fragrance from Tom Ford. Not at all unisex, at least not for me.

A sweet blend of cherry and bitter almond. Worn by ladies, this perfume turns men's heads. I love smelling this perfume on women. A sweet, feminine, sexy gourmand that I can't get enough of.

Durability and sillage very good.
The bottle is beautiful.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
Initially boozy spicy-fruity and tart, this gentle powdery/sweet floral-fruity Mid season fragrance settles to a warm spicy-woody base.
ScentwitchScentwitch 5 months ago
Heavenly cherry and almond liqueur, sensual, warm, and absolutely worth every penny!
MissBiscuitsMissBiscuits 7 months ago
the perfume that converted me to gourmand. subtle sweetness. impressive longevity. perfect for those who eschew vanilla.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Quite sweet and a little bit cloying in the opening with cherry liqueur and a bitter almond. In the drydown you get cherry with a nice smoke
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
One of my favourite scent, cherry and almond making like a marzipan over a Woody background but weak longevity. Not sure if worths price...
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Smooth and sensual cherry liqueur and almonds, just a tad too bitter and feminine to my nose.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Too sweet and nauseous for me.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Nice, sweet, smoky, alluring, hyped, but just to expensive for a less performant (could be a) flanker of Gurlain's L'Homme Idéal L'Intense.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A bittersweet pleasure to wear in special occasions everytime you want to feel sexy and modern at the same time. Good sillage. High price

Hohenzollernbrücke Köln
by BBMie
i'm lost in cherry... auf diesem Wege ein liebes Dankeschön für eure wohlwollenden Kommis & scharfen Blicke auf den verlorenen Unschulds-Tom :)
by EveMist
by Tiho
by RobK
by RobK

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford