Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua 2017

Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford
Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesTarragon, Spearmint, Blackcurrant bud, Italian mandarin, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Neroli, Basil
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepper, Coriander seed, Orange, Orange blossom, Clary sage, Jasmine, Shiso leaf
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Amber, Labdanum, Musk, Civet

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 22.09.2020.

A good deal
After a longer pause for comments, here's another comment from me. I simply have to recommend this fragrance. It's so good and for Tom Ford conditions very, very cheap. I'm not a fan of such extremely high-priced scents like the Tom Ford private blends, even if many are extremely high-quality. So I usually treat myself to several scents for the price. Especially for summer scents. 1. Because most fresh scents do not necessarily have a better shelf life even in higher price ranges and 2. because I like to use fresh scents very generously on warmer days anyway. 6-8 sprayers are not uncommon for not too offensive scents. The Tom Ford prices would be too high for that. Fortunately there is still the designer line and some Acquas of summer scents. I also beat out Eau de Soleil-Blanc. The cheap version of Soleil Blanc. I can also warmly recommend this one for just over 100 Euro a 100ml!

A little foreword to the original which I already know for a longer time: After first tests I was totally enthusiastic, unfortunately not about the price. It has a lot of class and is simply so beautifully juicy with this mainly tangerine-orange blossom mix. Was already very enthusiastic, but on the wish list because of the price he did not make it. Was also thinking about buying the cheap 30ml, which are not too expensive. Then I found this Acqua, which according to many statements should smell very similar. After a blind buy which was not so much of a risk I can confirm this. A really good deal. 100ml for just over 100 Euro. The original costs more than twice as much, even though they are very similar and there are hardly any differences in performance
The flacon is beautifully in frosted glass and beautiful blue. Matching the fragrance. It smells of vacation and good mood. The name says it all: one of the most summery tangerines I've ever smelled. Simply beautiful and also very well rounded off by orange blossom. Seductive composition, as this endlessly juicy tangerine with soft orange blossom and also light aquatic notes simply reminds of holiday feeling in the south. Also reminds me slightly of Aqva Amara by Bvlgari, but this one has much less rough edges and corners and is 100% unisex. Note de Yuzu by Heeley also slightly reminds me of this fragrance. I like this mandarin aquatic theme.
Compared to the original, this Acqua is very close to the original, but a bit fresher and more sparkling. In the price-performance ratio, it beats its father to the ground, even if the eau de parfum has its raison d'être. According to the label on the bottom of the bottle, this is an EdT, which scores similarly well with many hours and decent Sillage.
As I said: I like to spray more with fresh, unobtrusive scents. With about 6 sprayers this is a great presenter, which lasts at least 6-7 hours with good sillage. Top and this one really has summer signature potential. Also of the scent type a real crowdpleaser, which will hardly find any enemies. Nevertheless, he has that certain something, which you don't smell often.

In conclusion, I can say: Test it or buy it. An enrichment for the summer. A fragrance of which I would definitely buy a 200ml version if there was one. In everyday life, at sports, in leisure time, on a date ... this one is always suitable. For me a clear 10th Italian flair. Arrivederci!

7vsChicago
Andrà tutto bene - All is well!
"Summer, palm trees, sunshine
what can be more beautiful?
With you alone it can
..."
the doctors were already singing. And what could be more beautiful? Alone with you in the summer with palm trees and sunshine. That's the memory that's preserved in this fragrance. The two of us on the beach in Italy. Il dolce far niente, in a deck chair by the sea. This scent is vacation and it found its way to me at the right time. Andrà tutto bene - All is well! Just like back then: carefree, cheerful in beautiful Italy on the beach. My nose is currently glued to my wrist and my thoughts in my memory. The fragrance starts, as expected, fresh and citric and then drifts into the fresh aquatic - the sea is, in my opinion, clearly and constantly present. There are no surprises, no spectacle, and the fragrance is neither male nor female. And I don't know if you can share my enthusiasm if you've never been to the sea in Italy. Because simply put, Mandarine di Amalfi Acqua is simply a mixture of Italian sea air, sun cream, heat, joie de vivre and the certainty that everything will be fine!
Great summer scent.
"Mandarino Di Amalfi", it's also exactly what you get, a tangerine juice mixed with herbs and soap, the overall result is really good, but it really needs to be tested beforehand because it's not suitable for everyone, exactly because of this soapy smell. The shelf life is okay... for me the scent lasts maybe 4-5 hours, it is not penetrating. The flacon is naturally classy, looks very high quality and luxurious, and looks simply great, as is usual for Tom Ford. All in all, you can say that it is a good fruity/fresh fragrance, perfect for summer.
DonJuanDeCat
The useless ability to make a Sillage-weak scent even weaker!
Hello, folks. Good to see you! Well... I don't actually see you, only on your profile pictures or photo albums, if you show pictures of yourself there (don't forget: in summer short clothes are a MUST!,... um, that just by the way.... Um... yes... :D).

Today I come to Tom Ford's Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua. A fragrance, which not only sounds citrically beautiful, but I liked the first fragrance of it, without the addition "Acqua" extremely well, because it emits a really wonderfully tangy smelling and delicious mandarin, which just now in hell... ups, I meant in the heat wave (or coming heat waves) EXTREMELY can do well, because it not only refreshes, but also smells incredibly good. This makes Mandarino di Amalfi one of those summer scents with which you can always smell good even on the hellishly hot days, and this without getting on someone's nerves with the scent (well, maybe the cat who doesn't like tangy scents at all!).

But I always found it a pity that the scent was so weak. Shortly after spraying on, it became almost body-hugging, so that you could spray it on again and again if you wanted to enjoy it longer. Such a thing can of course empty the bottle very quickly, which results in an even more miserable price-performance ratio at the already expensive purchase price. Well, then a few years later this very scent appeared here, and I just thought: "Yeeeeeey! A new scent, maybe it's stronger now." But then my own consciousness insulted me by saying to me, "You idiot! What didn't you understand about the term "Acqua"?", and I finally realized that my enthusiasm for Mandarino di Amalfi made me think that the Acqua should actually be a diluted and therefore a much weaker fragrance.

And yes... it was supposed to come out exactly as I thought it would. A wonderful fragrance, where Tom Ford managed to make it smell just as wonderful (because the differences between the olfactory scents are actually quite small), but the fragrance is now even weaker, so that you would literally have to bathe in it, so that someone can smell it at all... *sigh*

The fragrance:
Soo,... as written I find the differences between the two scents quite small (now apart from the intensity of the individual scents). This fragrance also starts with a very beautiful mandarin, which is authentic, fresh and delicious. However, I find that in contrast to the other fragrance, the mandarins here appear less tangy, which is perhaps due to the even looser Sillage. Of course, there are also other fresh fragrances like grapefruit and above all a beautiful mint, which make the fragrance more summery and therefore fresher.
I can hardly perceive the scents from the heart note. I don't smell black pepper, coriander, jasmine or anything like that, actually the scent still smells the same as it started, fresh and tangerine smelling, only that the tangerines now smell much more intense and less watered down (but still quite weak!) and that with the Neroli another beautiful orange scent is added. All this is also true for the base, because from start to finish I smell mainly the mentioned citric scents like mandarin and orange, some bergamot and mint as well as neroli. In contrast to the normal Mandarino di Amalfi, here I find the mandarins at the end a bit sweeter instead of citric-sour (which may be due to jasmine).
In the background there still seem to be light, herbaceous notes, otherwise the base remains as described and the scent smells 80-90% like the normal Mandarino, only much weaker and with the few differences mentioned.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
... so really, the normal Mandarino di Amalfi already had a miserably weak Sillage, which I found very sad. Now the whole thing becomes a little bit looser and thus weaker. This fragrance here is really, really weak and therefore very body-hugging, which I find very sad again. However, the durability is as long or short as the normal Mandarino. So about four to five hours, whereby the scent is so weak when sprayed on that it seems much shorter.

The bottle:
The bottle is like most Tom Ford bottles once again a feast for the eyes. It is rectangular and tapers towards the neck, because the lid is attached here, which looks like a column of the Doric or Tuscan column order (I think...). The colour of the flacon is now milky blue and looks beautiful as well. The label is light blue, which looks even nicer than the golden label of the normal Mandarino (well, it's a matter of taste). All in all, a high-quality and, above all, beautiful bottle as usual.

Yes people, as I said the fragrance is not much different than the normal Mandarino di Amalfi. The only real olfactory differences are that here the mandarins are less tangy and the fragrance is generally slightly sweeter and warmer.

The scent smells wonderful as usual, really really wonderful, if you like citric scents especially with tangerine notes, you will certainly enjoy it here like with the normal Mandarino di Amalfi, as long as you don't remove the nose from the sprayed area and spray it at regular intervals. Of course, fragrance perceptions are always different, I am aware of that, and there are also people who could perceive this fragrance more intensively, but for me it is really extremely bad in terms of sillage, so that in my opinion it is absolutely not worth it, especially with the high price. I would advise much more to the normal Mandarino di Amalfi, which is however also a quite weak smell, which is a pity to howl *sigh*

Otherwise, these fragrances are of course pure summer fragrances, with which you can smell pretty good even in the hottest and most strenuous summer, which is always a little art in itself on hot days, since fragrances and very high temperatures can be quite delicate, especially for the painful others near the fragrance carrier :D

Well, that's it from me again. Then you're next time and all of you have a nice evening :)
The soaped mandarin
In addition to the Costa Azzurra Acqua, the Mandarino di Amalfi recently came under my nose for the first time. For some time I had the wish to test the Madarino di Amalfi and to convince myself of its quality. Because the Neroli Portofino did not agree with me because of its evaluations and/or comments. Since I like these citric scents and wanted to work my way through the world of Tom Ford scents, there was inevitably no way around them.
The perfume starts very citric with notes of mandarin, some grapefruit and a hint of herbs. I can hear a little mint in it. This is accompanied by delicate pepper, which remains very much in the background. Then on my skin comes this certain soapiness, which some find pleasant, but which I myself do not necessarily like to hear. This is not necessarily due to the intensity of the soap, because it is only fine and not too intrusive, but the general note that too often reminds me of hand soap. It's a scent I'd wear despite that touch.

Unfortunately, the scent falls victim to the Costa Azzurra Acqua. Because this one convinces me even more, because with summer scents this certain woodiness is great. However, this does not mean that the Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua is bad. On the contrary, it is a convincing fragrance that above all does not look as cheap as Neroli Portofino and is aimed at a large target group.
As with the Costa Azzurra Acqua, I find the P/L ratio relatively good, because the scent was still perceptible after 7 hours. It shows its strengths within the first 3 hours, after which it drops slightly. It can still be seen after 5 hours. Especially the soap prolongs the durability.

Test it with pleasure, also as EdT it is well on the way and offers good quality for small money already
I know that one...
Probably used so often in shops, the fragrance immediately reminds me of various concept stores with Luxury Fashion, Prada, Givenchy, everything you are looking for in this area.

On the weekend, you can also go down to the Amalfi Coast, see a vintage car exhibition and auction directly at a villa on the cliffs, fresh fruit buffet for self-service, the best organic mandarins and lemons in Italy, fresh seafood pickled with herbs and Riesling sauce, a mint julep to go with it while you decide on a vintage Aston Martin.
The grapefruit in combination with the mandarins looks nice and juicy, tame instead of acidic or aggressive as in other fragrances, after much concise freshness and Concept Store room fragrance at the beginning, it calms down pleasantly after 40-50 minutes, now plays more with the spices and herbs, some pepper was added, the coriander, for me also cumin and eucalyptus, the combination sage, lavender and jasmine from the notes are also easy to find. In the part also dried pineapple slices are added, some incense stick touch has it all now, even if the most expensive incense sticks you can find.
After 2-3h it already diminishes a good corner, purely from the strength, musk and vetiver are now noticeably present (he), the amber only very discreetly and sweetly in harmony with the mandarin, especially the sillage is but now very limited, you dare to get closer, but you still find the same treasure of flavors and can 15 minutes in a row constantly discover something new, as in the first half hour also.
An ingenious fragrance, which I have to test in the EDP-version to get a little bit more Sillage and durability

KingPinKingPin 12 months ago
Lovely summer scent. The aquatic notes add needed depth to the original. A tad feminine, but great for the Riviera.

by Flanker
by Hank83
by Fragranceob
by Fragranceob

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford