Mandarino di Amalfi 2014 Eau de Parfum

Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 67 in Unisex Perfume
Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum)

Calice Becker

AmberAmber
LabdanumLabdanum
MuskMusk
CivetCivet

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 06.09.2021.

Summer on the Amalfi Coast
Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi is for me one of the best citrus fragrances, which at the same time brings a certain spiciness. The fragrance transports me, as the name suggests, to the Amalfi coast, warm summer evenings and ice-cold Limoncello Spritz with friends.

For all those who like citrusy scents, Mandarino di Amalfi is recommended! However, the performance (as so often with citrus fragrances) is rather poor. The price is typically Tom Ford above average. These criticisms have often been voiced, although I have not yet found a really good alternative to Mandarino di Amalfi, which again speaks for the uniqueness of the fragrance!

Trying to be different
This is a fragrance that confused me at first. I didn't like it at all, initially. I was getting an old grandma's closet vibe, with a smell of freshly washed clothes with a cheap detergent mixed with an old, woody furniture vibe, also owned by the same old and poor granny.
After a few wearings, the fragrance started to bloom and evolve into something beautiful. More citrus, more acidic, more refined and crisp.
I was really start to enjoy it. Since the first wearing It felt like a different kind of a freshie but I wasn't sure if that was in a good/bad way. Now, I know its worth.
As I said, very citrusy, fresh, acidic and crisp, refined. This will be exceptional for the day (in my humble opinion) but if you love it that much you can also give it a shot for the night time.
It sure gets very positive attention (this hapenned to me almost every time I wore it) and the performance is part of the show.
Not a shy fragrance, it stays with me for 7-8 hours, with a 7.5/10 projection (it still projects after 4-5 hours and I was getting told that even if I could barely smell myself at that point).
I am really enjoying it ! Pretty versatile for the warmer days, it can be casual/formal/intimate but I think it's a beauty and deserves more than casual usage. The price is so&so. I still have a decent amount of it (I mean a generous decant) and I won't buy a full bottle soon. It smells very nice and it's not your daily/typical freshie. You should try it !

Overall score 7.7/10
Very disappointed
After all the praise here at Parfumo, I had to test this scent. I love mint, lemon, and pepper and and and.... So many scents here.... I have to love this scent.... So... Up on the arm...oh my goodness!!! This is supposed to be it? THE fragrance of the summer par excellence? I am sorely disappointed in my nose.... All I smell is toilet duck.... Or cleaning products in general...
It can't be, there must have been something wrong with me today. Tomorrow I'll test it again. But unfortunately only the same game. Fresh, curly toilet duck.... I'm so sad. I thought you were my summer sweetheart... But you and I it will unfortunately nothing..
Gingeralena
The scent that awakens wanderlust
I confess, I am a blind buyer. Not always, but more often than would be reasonable. So also with this fragrance when I found a good offer. But, to come straight to the conclusion: I was lucky and I like it. Even decidedly good.

The fragrance starts very tangy citrusy, but with some tartness. I perceive the bitter peel of citrus rather than the pulp.
After about 2 hours evaporates on my skin the citrus note and makes way for the jasmine. Beginning still hand in hand with the fruits this takes over more and more the rudder and develops quite creamy, envelops me and is a pleasant companion.
Another 2 hours later, musk is then added and lets the fragrance fade gently.

When I wear Mandarino di Amalfi, I see myself on the terrace of a small restaurant with a white metal fence in Positano, below us the sea, the sun slowly sinking lower and in front of us on the table a bubbly homemade lemon mint limo style. I in a white summer dress, my companion in a light linen shirt.
As the day slowly fades into evening and the blue hour settles over us and the sea, the smell of the flowers around us increases and makes us sigh in comfort. The world is all right for a little moment, there is only us, the sea and the smells of an Italian summer night.
Summer Perfection
Almost exactly 3 years ago I already wrote a comment about this fragrance. Now it is replaced by a new one. Already earlier I gave him a 10, but failed at the price-performance ratio with me. Now it is even in my collection. That's how it can go sometimes. Even in 100ml. For me, simply one of the most beautiful summer fragrances I have ever smelled. It just smells like summer, even if the TF Private Blends are really hard on the pain threshold. I wouldn't have bought it for the regular 300 euros, but I got it for a good bit less. I avoid the TF Private Blends as it's totally out of my price range. Oud Wood 30ml is also in my collection as the 30ml is still sold at humane prices. For fresh fragrances like this Mandarino di Amalfi, I prefer larger sizes as you can happily use more on fresh fragrances.
As mentioned in my summer blog, I think that you should treat for the summer quiet times more, because it needs special fragrances in this season. There are also great Cheapies that fully convince me but for the most beautiful season you should already invest. Dufttechnisch also the heaviest time, because you can wear almost anything in the rest of the year.
Before there is to this EdP I can everyone still the wonderful Acqua series to the heart. 100ml can often be found for just over 100 euros on some sites. I love them, especially the Acqua edition of this Mandarino di Amalfi. This is an EdT, which is really close to the original. I don't even think it's worse than this EdP. For me perfect summer signature due to the price and possibly a bit fresher and more casual. I think I heard once that the Acquas were going to be discontinued. Price definitely a bang for the buck and you should strike if you still want to have relatively cheap summer fragrances.

This Azur-blue bottle is a dream and the Private Blends just have their charm and appeal. Especially in the fragrance community. Just nice to have this one in the collection. The packaging is rather ordinary, the flacon with the golden shield for it all the more beautiful.
Now to the EdP, which I bought this year: Long I hesitated. Certainly because of the price, since I buy almost exclusively large bottles with fresh fragrances. Here it was worth it. Mandarino di amalfi smells for me simply luxurious and special. Where the Acqua is better worn during the day when the sun is shining, this one is wonderful to wear in the evening and also on summer nights. It also comes on really well during the day. It just smells like pure summer. If you wear this fragrance during the day, the sun should be shining or it should at least be really warm. Otherwise, it would seem more like a foreign body and it would not do justice to its vibe. This DNA just makes you feel good, doesn't smother you and has a good amount of sex appeal. What makes it so special? I don't know. With this big pyramid probably the perfect blend of citrusy, fruity, soft floral, mild spice and also maritime notes. Everything is perfectly balanced in my opinion and smells like pure summer. The start is very citrusy and fruity with that typical Mandarino touch. But the best part of this fragrance unfolds when the orange blossom comes in. It never gets too floral, but keeps its citrusy-fruity touch. As I said, there aren't many scents that smell more like summer, vacation and sun. The touch of this fragrance, in keeping with the name, also has a very southern feel to it and is reminiscent of that typical holiday air. Simply beautiful. It lays gently on the skin and there will hardly be people who do not like this. About the price can be argued of course.
I often read about durability problems. I can not agree at all. Especially in the freshness sector a great shelf life. The same applies to the Acqua, which also holds not much worse with me. The sillage is also top. Sometimes you think it's gone, then it comes back with a nice strong breeze. Also on clothes it holds brute for a fresh scent. I must say, however, that fragrances often last longer and I like to take 6-8 sprays in fresh fragrances.
This is also in my opinion 100% unisex.

As a conclusion, I must say: a fragrance that is worth the high price. However, you should look out for offers or even take the 250ml bottle. Or stop the Acqua, who has not quite so much money over. I have tested many fresh fragrances and this Mandarino range is definitely in my summer all-time top 10. For me, a perfect summer fragrance that is never boring and has its own special charm
RiJa
An encounter with summer itself
This fragrance not only hits the nose, it hits straight to the heart.
When I sniff Mandarino di Amalfi, I do not think of an all-inclusive 5* holiday. I think of adventure, life and nature itself throughout the Mediterranean. Not a white sandy beach, but dry earth, blooming oleander, green trees with ripe citrus fruits, the dark blue sea in the background.
In this respect, the Amalfi Coast in the name is just perfectly chosen! The steep coast, small streets and paths with stalls full of fresh, ripe peaches and other fruits and the feeling when diving into the cool sea.... La Dolce Vita.

Although the scent is cool, it is warm. As warm as the summer itself
Farneon
My letter to Tom Ford (it's about time, but it's not meant seriously)
My dear Mr. Ford,

i admire you for being not only a fashion designer but also a filmmaker, a multi-talent so to speak and a good businessman anyway. I also admire your talent for briefing your perfumers to create something extraordinary. And actually, I like the unorthodox and crazy that goes on beyond the mainstream.

Your fragrances, however, with all sympathy for what you do, practically never correspond to what I expect and certainly not aim at my personal sense of well-being. Whether "Oud Wood", "Fucking Fabulous", "Tuscan Leather" or "Anthracite Noir" - do you wear that personally, in private?

With "Mandarino di Amalfi", which contains no mandarin at all (but never mind) I thought we could possibly reconcile in the fresh-citrusy way, but unfortunately that doesn't work out either. After I have already "smelled" because of you for test reasons after wooden furniture, carcass, second-hand shop, hayloft or spice bazaar and "hated" it, I still give you a compliment for awakening such associations in me at all - with whatever ingredients!?

However, I don't put on opera arias, free jazz sessions, Europop songs and folk songs either, because these genres simply don't appeal to me. Quite similarly it behaves with your fragrances. Each one I've always found more unpleasant than soothing so far. The tangerine tears it now also not out, because in my opinion I smell here (although already over 50) after the successful, very short prelude to a piece of "old men's soap"!

Can one (s) like (ladies do that certainly less, although it is a unisex fragrance), but you do not have to. In this respect, no reproach to you, dear Tom Ford. I just think you missed the point, for example, in contrast to virtually every fragrance of the "Blu Mediterraneo" series of Acqua die Parma, which are more sparkling, fresher and also come in a blue bottle (which, on the other hand, there is also much longer).

From therefore I must hereby unfortunately terminate our olfactory friendship, which never really existed. I hope you'll forgive me, because in principle I appreciate your original approach and pleasant otherness in the big wide scent world. It's just not mine! Therefore, there is also no rating!

Respectfully
Italian Sweet/Sweet Summer Love
when I smell this fragrance, I see the abrasion from Sicilian citrus both lemon and orange paired with mandrine in front of me. Really very very nice. Of course expensive than other niche fragrances but really worth its money. Best to put a bottling to be sure but a safe blind buy (if you have the money to spare). Experience Italy up close
Ischgelroi
The perfect fragrance for the summer ?
I first encountered Mandarino di Amalfi three years ago, but at that time I was somehow not yet mature for this kind of perfume, at that time perfume had to be striking for me. In 2018 I decided to order a 30 ml bottle, which arrived 2 days later. I immediately sprayed it on and suddenly I felt as if I was in Italy, it was like a revelation for me. I was addicted to this scent - 30 ml were used up in half a year. In the same year I met my girlfriend, she liked Mandarino di Amalfi very much. In 2019 I bought her a 30 ml bottle, which was used up in less than half a year. The consequence was the 250 ml bottle that had to be used together for both of us. I have been using Mandarino di Amalfi for over 2 years now and I still like the smell like on the first day. This fruitiness is simply unique, I have not yet been able to find anything of equal value for me
Fynnbl
My very first Tom Ford fragrance / the last?
My very first Tom Ford scent...

My expectations were very high beforehand because I have been working with fragrances for a long time and have been wondering for a long time whether the description and other evaluations of the perfume really fit me.

What can I say :D I am super positively surprised that aroma of citrus fruits I like especially well. The in my opinion light mint note gives the whole thing a really light feel.

A light, really pleasant scent of tangerine comes out after about an hour, according to my perception!

Conclusion: I will definitely use the fragrance more in summer, I can imagine wearing it in the office on hot days and I am looking forward to it :)

ParfumeourParfumeour 2 months ago
I don't understand the hype around this fragrance. This is nothing more than an average designer fragrance, overpriced, poor performer.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
The opening is citrusy (lemon, grapefruit), green (basil, mint) and herbaceous (tarragon). In the drydown, a fresh floral orange blossom.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 4 months ago
Pleasant mandarin and neroli combination. Perfect for summer - a bit for the more sophisticated crowd
AndreiSmd93AndreiSmd93 5 months ago
One of the most beautiful citruses ever, even though the name is missleading as it has no mandarin at all. Performs quite good on me.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Can’t decide if it smells super cheap or super exclusive. Super fruity it is in any case. Not a man's scent in my humble opinion.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Would never pay more than 2€ for this one. Just grab some hot water and infuse it with some orange blossom. Cool it down. And then spray it

by Scottie
by Lff
by Lff
by TheScenter
by TheScenter
tom ford - mandarino di amalfi : forza napoli sempre ;)
by Felsn
by Delijafrag33
by Delijafrag33
by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus
by Noctilux
by Noctilux
by Parfummaster
add a glass of red wine and some jazz playing in the background
by L0wk1ck
by Jens73
by Jens73
by Civaninho
by Civaninho
Almost like Neroli Portofino, although this lasts a little longer, but you can not sell these things as if they were your luxury components
by Zoltan76
by SanMH
by Lelouch
by Lelouch

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford