Mandarino di Amalfi 2014 Eau de Parfum

Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 57 in Unisex Perfume
Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum)

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesTarragon, Spearmint, Blackcurrant, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Basil
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack pepper, Coriander seed, Orange blossom, Clary sage, Jasmine, Shiso leaf
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Amber, Labdanum, Musk, Civet

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 07.05.2021.

Gingeralena
The scent that awakens wanderlust
I confess, I am a blind buyer. Not always, but more often than would be reasonable. So also with this fragrance when I found a good offer. But, to come straight to the conclusion: I was lucky and I like it. Even decidedly good.

The fragrance starts very tangy citrusy, but with some tartness. I perceive the bitter peel of citrus rather than the pulp.
After about 2 hours evaporates on my skin the citrus note and makes way for the jasmine. Beginning still hand in hand with the fruits this takes over more and more the rudder and develops quite creamy, envelops me and is a pleasant companion.
Another 2 hours later, musk is then added and lets the fragrance fade gently.

When I wear Mandarino di Amalfi, I see myself on the terrace of a small restaurant with a white metal fence in Positano, below us the sea, the sun slowly sinking lower and in front of us on the table a bubbly homemade lemon mint limo style. I in a white summer dress, my companion in a light linen shirt.
As the day slowly fades into evening and the blue hour settles over us and the sea, the smell of the flowers around us increases and makes us sigh in comfort. The world is all right for a little moment, there is only us, the sea and the smells of an Italian summer night.
Summer Perfection
Almost exactly 3 years ago I already wrote a comment about this fragrance. Now it is replaced by a new one. Already earlier I gave him a 10, but failed at the price-performance ratio with me. Now it is even in my collection. That's how it can go sometimes. Even in 100ml. For me, simply one of the most beautiful summer fragrances I have ever smelled. It just smells like summer, even if the TF Private Blends are really hard on the pain threshold. I wouldn't have bought it for the regular 300 euros, but I got it for a good bit less. I avoid the TF Private Blends as it's totally out of my price range. Oud Wood 30ml is also in my collection as the 30ml is still sold at humane prices. For fresh fragrances like this Mandarino di Amalfi, I prefer larger sizes as you can happily use more on fresh fragrances.
As mentioned in my summer blog, I think that you should treat for the summer quiet times more, because it needs special fragrances in this season. There are also great Cheapies that fully convince me but for the most beautiful season you should already invest. Dufttechnisch also the heaviest time, because you can wear almost anything in the rest of the year.
Before there is to this EdP I can everyone still the wonderful Acqua series to the heart. 100ml can often be found for just over 100 euros on some sites. I love them, especially the Acqua edition of this Mandarino di Amalfi. This is an EdT, which is really close to the original. I don't even think it's worse than this EdP. For me perfect summer signature due to the price and possibly a bit fresher and more casual. I think I heard once that the Acquas were going to be discontinued. Price definitely a bang for the buck and you should strike if you still want to have relatively cheap summer fragrances.

This Azur-blue bottle is a dream and the Private Blends just have their charm and appeal. Especially in the fragrance community. Just nice to have this one in the collection. The packaging is rather ordinary, the flacon with the golden shield for it all the more beautiful.
Now to the EdP, which I bought this year: Long I hesitated. Certainly because of the price, since I buy almost exclusively large bottles with fresh fragrances. Here it was worth it. Mandarino di amalfi smells for me simply luxurious and special. Where the Acqua is better worn during the day when the sun is shining, this one is wonderful to wear in the evening and also on summer nights. It also comes on really well during the day. It just smells like pure summer. If you wear this fragrance during the day, the sun should be shining or it should at least be really warm. Otherwise, it would seem more like a foreign body and it would not do justice to its vibe. This DNA just makes you feel good, doesn't smother you and has a good amount of sex appeal. What makes it so special? I don't know. With this big pyramid probably the perfect blend of citrusy, fruity, soft floral, mild spice and also maritime notes. Everything is perfectly balanced in my opinion and smells like pure summer. The start is very citrusy and fruity with that typical Mandarino touch. But the best part of this fragrance unfolds when the orange blossom comes in. It never gets too floral, but keeps its citrusy-fruity touch. As I said, there aren't many scents that smell more like summer, vacation and sun. The touch of this fragrance, in keeping with the name, also has a very southern feel to it and is reminiscent of that typical holiday air. Simply beautiful. It lays gently on the skin and there will hardly be people who do not like this. About the price can be argued of course.
I often read about durability problems. I can not agree at all. Especially in the freshness sector a great shelf life. The same applies to the Acqua, which also holds not much worse with me. The sillage is also top. Sometimes you think it's gone, then it comes back with a nice strong breeze. Also on clothes it holds brute for a fresh scent. I must say, however, that fragrances often last longer and I like to take 6-8 sprays in fresh fragrances.
This is also in my opinion 100% unisex.

As a conclusion, I must say: a fragrance that is worth the high price. However, you should look out for offers or even take the 250ml bottle. Or stop the Acqua, who has not quite so much money over. I have tested many fresh fragrances and this Mandarino range is definitely in my summer all-time top 10. For me, a perfect summer fragrance that is never boring and has its own special charm
RiJa
An encounter with summer itself
This fragrance not only hits the nose, it hits straight to the heart.
When I sniff Mandarino di Amalfi, I do not think of an all-inclusive 5* holiday. I think of adventure, life and nature itself throughout the Mediterranean. Not a white sandy beach, but dry earth, blooming oleander, green trees with ripe citrus fruits, the dark blue sea in the background.
In this respect, the Amalfi Coast in the name is just perfectly chosen! The steep coast, small streets and paths with stalls full of fresh, ripe peaches and other fruits and the feeling when diving into the cool sea.... La Dolce Vita.

Although the scent is cool, it is warm. As warm as the summer itself
Farneon
My letter to Tom Ford (it's about time, but it's not meant seriously)
My dear Mr. Ford,

i admire you for being not only a fashion designer but also a filmmaker, a multi-talent so to speak and a good businessman anyway. I also admire your talent for briefing your perfumers to create something extraordinary. And actually, I like the unorthodox and crazy that goes on beyond the mainstream.

Your fragrances, however, with all sympathy for what you do, practically never correspond to what I expect and certainly not aim at my personal sense of well-being. Whether "Oud Wood", "Fucking Fabulous", "Tuscan Leather" or "Anthracite Noir" - do you wear that personally, in private?

With "Mandarino di Amalfi", which contains no mandarin at all (but never mind) I thought we could possibly reconcile in the fresh-citrusy way, but unfortunately that doesn't work out either. After I have already "smelled" because of you for test reasons after wooden furniture, carcass, second-hand shop, hayloft or spice bazaar and "hated" it, I still give you a compliment for awakening such associations in me at all - with whatever ingredients!?

However, I don't put on opera arias, free jazz sessions, Europop songs and folk songs either, because these genres simply don't appeal to me. Quite similarly it behaves with your fragrances. Each one I've always found more unpleasant than soothing so far. The tangerine tears it now also not out, because in my opinion I smell here (although already over 50) after the successful, very short prelude to a piece of "old men's soap"!

Can one (s) like (ladies do that certainly less, although it is a unisex fragrance), but you do not have to. In this respect, no reproach to you, dear Tom Ford. I just think you missed the point, for example, in contrast to virtually every fragrance of the "Blu Mediterraneo" series of Acqua die Parma, which are more sparkling, fresher and also come in a blue bottle (which, on the other hand, there is also much longer).

From therefore I must hereby unfortunately terminate our olfactory friendship, which never really existed. I hope you'll forgive me, because in principle I appreciate your original approach and pleasant otherness in the big wide scent world. It's just not mine! Therefore, there is also no rating!

Respectfully
Italian Sweet/Sweet Summer Love
when I smell this fragrance, I see the abrasion from Sicilian citrus both lemon and orange paired with mandrine in front of me. Really very very nice. Of course expensive than other niche fragrances but really worth its money. Best to put a bottling to be sure but a safe blind buy (if you have the money to spare). Experience Italy up close
Ischgelroi
The perfect fragrance for the summer ?
I first encountered Mandarino di Amalfi three years ago, but at that time I was somehow not yet mature for this kind of perfume, at that time perfume had to be striking for me. In 2018 I decided to order a 30 ml bottle, which arrived 2 days later. I immediately sprayed it on and suddenly I felt as if I was in Italy, it was like a revelation for me. I was addicted to this scent - 30 ml were used up in half a year. In the same year I met my girlfriend, she liked Mandarino di Amalfi very much. In 2019 I bought her a 30 ml bottle, which was used up in less than half a year. The consequence was the 250 ml bottle that had to be used together for both of us. I have been using Mandarino di Amalfi for over 2 years now and I still like the smell like on the first day. This fruitiness is simply unique, I have not yet been able to find anything of equal value for me
Fynnbl
My very first Tom Ford fragrance / the last?
My very first Tom Ford scent...

My expectations were very high beforehand because I have been working with fragrances for a long time and have been wondering for a long time whether the description and other evaluations of the perfume really fit me.

What can I say :D I am super positively surprised that aroma of citrus fruits I like especially well. The in my opinion light mint note gives the whole thing a really light feel.

A light, really pleasant scent of tangerine comes out after about an hour, according to my perception!

Conclusion: I will definitely use the fragrance more in summer, I can imagine wearing it in the office on hot days and I am looking forward to it :)
Civaninho
A curse and a blessing at the same time
First of all, let me explain the headline first. The blessing is the fragrance itself and the curse ? ... The shelf life!!! This fragrance is one of the most beautiful summer scents of all. When sprayed on, it makes your nose tingle and you may smell one of the highest quality citrus, mint top notes available on the market. Then, after a while, the orange blossom appears and the fragrance becomes more and more a floral citrus scent but by no means feminine. This scent is unisex through and through and one of the most beautiful summer scents I've ever smelled, only the one for this price is unfortunately not good for durability. But still it remains for me in summer the #1 !!!

If only last longer
There are plenty of citrus-based summer perfumes. This one is special as it the closest one to mandarin I know, even though heart note says orange blossom. Unfortunately, longevity is very low, while a lot of summer scent does not last long this one is leading after like 30 min it goes away. This is a pity as the scent itself is not bad.
Anna1991
Do you know the land where the lemons bloom?
A balmy summer evening with a view of the Mediterranean Sea and Vesuvius; the last rays of sunshine are reflected in the horizon and the day quietly fades away, leaving a pleasant feeling of decreasing heat and a cool pinch of lightness.
Imagine this moment wrapped in a fresh, balsamic cloud of lemons, orange and fine spices...

Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi has been my absolute summer favourite for two years and he will remain so. As many have already stated in the previous comments, I also think that you can't create a citrus scent more perfect than this.
An expressive unisex scent that is equally good on both sexes and wraps the wearer in a summery fresh and spicy aura.
I can smell the lemons and basil most clearly.
Mandarino di Amalfi is perfect for hot, midsummer temperatures - a fragrance that practically hisses when sprayed on and lets you breathe a sigh of relief. At the same time, however, it is very extraordinary and with "Wumms".
Whether work, leisure, sports or going out is irrelevant - this perfume is from 25 degrees just perfect for all occasions.

Even in winter I sometimes spray it on as a reminder of the warm season and when the heavy, sweet perfumes get too much for me.

For a summer scent, the durability and radiance is good with small smears.
In order to develop the full effect I dose it already very generously and that hurts unfortunately, if one thinks of the price league. This TF is by far the most expensive perfume in my collection.
In the EdP version, it already leaves a dented wallet, but I admit, for the perfect citrus-italy-flavored scent, I'll take that on board.
With the EdT I have concerns that it would be cheaper, but the intensity is disappointing.
The bottle is a dream, azure blue, stylish and heavy. Luxury and a highlight in every collection.

I will spend the current dog days with my "Tommy" before he goes into hibernation. Next year a new bottle is due anyway and that means for Tom Ford
"Fun costs".....

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 11 hours ago
Pleasant mandarin and neroli combination. Perfect for summer - a bit for the more sophisticated crowd
AndreiSmd93AndreiSmd93 8 days ago
One of the most beautiful citruses ever, even though the name is missleading as it has no mandarin at all. Performs quite good on me.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Can’t decide if it smells super cheap or super exclusive. Super fruity it is in any case. Not a man's scent in my humble opinion.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Would never pay more than 2€ for this one. Just grab some hot water and infuse it with some orange blossom. Cool it down. And then spray it

by Scottie
by TheScenter
by TheScenter
by Lff
by Lff
tom ford - mandarino di amalfi : forza napoli sempre ;)
by Felsn
by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus
by Noctilux
by Noctilux
by Parfummaster
add a glass of red wine and some jazz playing in the background
by L0wk1ck
by Marimaroon
by Marimaroon
by Civaninho
by Civaninho
Almost like Neroli Portofino, although this lasts a little longer, but you can not sell these things as if they were your luxury components
by Eleasar
by Eleasar
by Lelouch
by Lelouch
by Zoltan76
by Zoltan76

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford