Métallique (2019)

Métallique by Tom Ford

Métallique is a new perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHawthorn, Lily-of-the-valley, Heliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette, Peru balsam, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by Carlitos01, last update on 29.07.2020.

The Wolf in Sheepskin
As a metalworker I would like to say a few words about Tom Ford's "Métallique". I don't want you to get the wrong impression, but we met secretly - in Düsseldorf - although I had a different appointment with someone else. One Saturday morning I entered the department store Breuninger and strolled straight from the side entrance towards Tom Ford.
Punctual as always - my date was already sitting at the counter, between Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather - optically hardly to distinguish but f** Fabulous! We got into conversation relatively fast and sniffed each other. The sympathy was definitely there and we didn't let us get out of our own way at any time, from nobody. The friendly lady of the house came to us in regular intervals, but we got along very well alone. I think we both knew at this point that we were moving on.
The date went almost perfectly, but something was different. I could tell from the way we were greeted that we were being watched. It was almost uncomfortable for me in the meantime but I tried not to let anything show.

Opposite of us - metallic shining - silver - gold - a beauty, which knew how to attract attention. You first have to be able to bring that to join in this outfit between mainly black dressed gentlemen. This requires a proper portion of self-confidence and tact to not look cheap - it worked for me anyway.

Flacon:
That's a real change. Compared to the well-known Tom Ford fragrances, the absolute contrast. Metallic Shiny - Light - Round.
The external appearance has already triggered a certain expectation in me. Metallic, cool and fresh - but here I should be taught a better lesson.

Scent:
I won't beat around the bush. One chocolate, vanilla with metal coating.
Take your best silver cutlery, put bergamot and a good vanilla on the spoon. Now you suck all this off the spoon with a lot of taste - it's as simple as that :)
Contrary to my expectations, the fragrance is very warm, soft and calm when you get through the metallic opening. I really feel it in the drydown as a great gourmand for the colder days. It's certainly not everybody's cup of tea, I see it more on a woman but I don't care. In the evening on the couch I can do without the blanket with this scent. In my eyes absolutely unique - either you love it or not, I think there is nothing in between.
If it's just between us - I brought them both home with me;)

Metallic spicy vanilla
This is a very nice new Tom fords releases. As It happens in most of the new releases of this brand the performance is not great and It have some issue un longevity and sellage, but as It belongs to the signature collection has a good price so It can worth the purchase if you like the smell. The smell is good, not very original. Fresh and spicy vanilla with a very subtle touch of purple flowers and i think a fruity note which is not listed. All this give a metallic vibe yo the perfume as the name indicates. Better for daytime use under not very warm temperatures...

Scent: 9
Longevity: 6
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 7
Versatility: 7
Originality: 6
Global: 8
Leimbacher
Metallic shine with ripe cotton candy coating
"Metallique" by Tom Ford combines the synthetic theme metal, lacquer, paint, workshop, technology, cold, perhaps even some chlorine and chemistry, with a warm, powdery vanilla somewhere between gingerbread, icing sugar and Christmas market. Only the last mentioned winter impressions interpreted so lightly and musky that you might think you are dealing more with a Narciso Rodriguez than with the eccentric, often loud, heavy Mr. Ford...

Feminine fairy fine dust from the luxury car warehouse - that's how you could describe "Metallique". Refinery kisses refinement. Cool futurism meets sweet embrace, advantage through gourmand technique. Definitely a fragrance that's not very comparable. Not to mention nothing at all. It really reminds of a mixture of Lolita Lempicka and Narciso Rodriguez, only maybe even a bit higher. Interesting and demanding, not for everyone, but at the same time also pleasing and jammy. Make-up case meets silver arrow, powder puff meets attractive cyborg. The perfect fragrance for artificial intelligence and advanced human life forms. Guerlain of Venus. And because of its special vein, it is also absolutely wearable by men. Since the mass can't assign and classify him anyway. Metrosexual magic water. Strong piece. Not a big litter, but one that already meets my taste clearly and frontally. Aluminium all-purpose weapon.

Flacon: shiny and nice
Sillage: discreetly dosed even suitable for office use. A fancy signature?!
Durability: good Tom seldom exposes himself to the nakedness - this metallic powder dust is no exception. 8 hours minimum.

Conclusion: no new hit for the masses of the noble Tommy. But instead, grandiosely cool-warm (?!) metal fairy dust for the few who fall in love with him. Like me. Fine thing, sexy and interesting. Name fits, too. If you don't think of metal here, you should have your olfactory buds checked. Or develop more imagination ;)
In the bathhouse
I would also like to comment on this fragrance now, but please forgive me beforehand for not being able to proceed in such a wonderfully professional manner as many here at Parfumo know how to do, but only for giving back my personal impression :

The top note immediately reminds me of the smell of the egg shampoo in the small cushions, which were available to buy in my childhood of the 60s in the swimming pools, which at that time were still called "Badeanstalt" (swimming baths), in addition there is a slight iron smell in the background, which probably gave its name here. Only very late in the base do I notice discreetly slightly smoky vanilla, similar to a vanilla pudding that is just beginning to burn slowly.

For me personally not necessarily beautiful, but still original.
Goodies
At the first sniff, associations such as "spicy, sweet gingerbread..." came up. and vanilla croissant :-) and unfortunately it reminded me a little bit of such a scented tree, which I once had in my car ????? ♀ But I noticed immediately that this is again a perfume, which does not tell me immediately all his secrets. Could not make a connection to "metal" in the beginning with the best will in the world... but in time... i know of something in this composition and it's a hint of severe incense, I think; something harsh "straight", holding the leash in the background, so it doesn't become an overly sweet potpourri... In any case, it is not a cool metal, but - as the bottle suggests - a warm, slightly "brizcellar", somehow golden scent. I like it, even if it may not be the right season for it (August). Maybe a little too sweet for me personally
NewSchool
Whenever I don't want to test scents for different reasons, I don't feel like writing, or when things get on my nerves, I get a scent around the corner that makes me curious, inspires me and almost makes me need to be described
Today I had the opportunity to test this new Tom Ford fragrance and what can I say...WHAT a beautiful fragrance! Tom made it once again and inspired the little Schoork.

There are still the wonderful new releases, there have always been them and only those who look right or smell will find them.
Here it is denounced again and again that only uniform porridge appears on the market and that everything used to be better. Looking at my own collection I can only deny that, there are lots of scents from the last 5 years, this decade or at least this century. I may have a modern nose, I don't know, but even if one or the other calls me a philistine now, I can't do much with the so-called classics. Be it in the women's area Shalimar and its relatives, or in the men's area the whole fragrance water Knize Ten or whatever.
I can not, does not reach me and I have also little desire on Zibet, cat piss or other animal contents materials a Hornochse times excreted. However, I would never say a bad word as I recognize that these fragrances have been worn for decades and have a right to exist. But I don't have to like it and I fight with all my might against the fact that today there is hardly anything good left, that's not true, it's more due to the corresponding noses or simply to an anti-posture. I like Newschool.

In the past not everything was better, only the selection was smaller, so that you have to take a closer look today. That's the way it is, and it's the consumer's fault. At the beginning the Golf was only available in one version until the convertible came, then there were estate cars, country cars, Golf Plus etc...all things that were demanded. It's good to find, but you don't have to. And yes I'd also rather have a '68 Dodge Challenger, but the new ones are also strong.

Who lives presently in the past, should not be surprised, if the future brings nothing new.

And that brings me to the new fragrance from Tom Ford. For many, Tom Ford is too opulent, wants too much of everything, seems overloaded and decadent.
That can be and is up to everyone to decide, for me it is one of the newer brands that reach me continuously. Sometimes it lasts, like for example Noir Anthracite, sometimes it clicks immediately like for Tobacco Vanilla or Noir de Noir.
Today it clicked again and how!
The bottle in mirrored metal keeps its promise. The fragrance starts fresh with flowers and then quickly becomes powdery and sweeter. The whole thing actually becomes a touch metallic, if you will, that's hard to describe, but fascinating. Imagine you're wearing a chain and spraying a powdery vanilla perfume on your neck, the chain should smell like this.
Sounds weird now, but it's not.

But that's only in the background, because at the front the vanilla plays the greater role, first through heliotrope, later through the balsamic. Yes, it develops into a real cuddler, caused by vanilla, Peru balsam and then finishes woody.
This is really great done and I am no one who is very fast to inspire, but he can really something.

The balsamic at the end reminds me again easily of scents like Grand Soir or Dior Addict and how I find these scents is well known.

For me one of the best new releases this year, even if I don't know all of them this year
The question arises whether this is really only intended for ladies. Well for me he is quite feminine and I personally would rather see him on the neck of a beautiful woman (mine). The fragrance invites you to go out, but also to cuddle and will have its best time in autumn/winter.

Of course, everyone is free to wear whatever they want, but I can only stress again and again that for me such fragrances on a woman are simply much more beautiful.

So ladies, if you're just doing nothing and you're still looking for a beautiful flatterer, I recommend the Métallique. Your partner will thank you.
The durability is tidy and you will be noticed. Promise!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to enjoy the fragrance as long as it's there.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 7 months ago
Fresh and spicy vanilla with a hint of heliotropo and other flowers. Very nice scent for daytime though the performance is not great...

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
~Glücklich sind die Menschen, wenn sie haben, was gut für sie ist~ Platon
by Sunshine00
Japanischer Garten, Leverkusen....gerade eben)))
by Entenradio
Oder doch....Plastik)))?
by Entenradio
by Vroni72
by Vroni72
by Gschpusi
by Gschpusi

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford