Métallique 2019

Métallique by Tom Ford
Métallique is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes
BergamotBergamot
Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesHawthornHawthorn
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
HeliotropeHeliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesAmbretteAmbrette
Peru balsamPeru balsam
VanillaVanilla
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Carlitos01, last update on 13.10.2021.

Love? Or rather not?
There are exclusively 2 people with the first names Tom who currently had or have some kind of significance in my life.
One is a quite well-known actor, the other is namesake of this composition.
Do the two have anything in common?
Yes, to a certain extent.
The actor I have already perceived some time ago, meanwhile extremely appreciated and also in a sense "love" learned.
Similarly with this Tom, already some 25 years ago heard his presence, learned to appreciate his works and partly learned to "love" his scent variations.

Whether that can also take a similar course with this fragrance, that remains to be seen.

In my perception, this bottle has already arrived some time ago.
Today I decided to test this.
Initially a quite cool with metallic accents offset prelude, this is yet quite getting used to.
Could probably deter many people from buying the not so cheap fragrance.
I therefore found it interesting, besides, I can not be scared off so quickly.
This I would also definitely call unique.
In the dry down slightly floral with a certain spiciness equipped.
Enclosed came this sweetish, slightly powdery mixture of vanilla and sandalwood, this knew me immediately to inspire.
-i associated this but quite quickly with the EdC of Helmut Lang (this is already longer discontinued)
--maybe that's why my slightly overwhelming joy prevails over this

Flacon: gülderne Aktzentuierung on cylindrical, silvery shining flacon
- striking with certain chic

Durability: with Tom Ford rarely under 8h - this also delivers 8h+

Sillage: quite covered, with discreet application quite suitable for the workplace

Conclusion: No mass pleaser - no blind buy - definitely not only for females (rather unisex) - in any case worthy of a test - I already have an eye on it - maybe it becomes a love after the 2nd spray puff
My first TG
Hello everyone,
this is my first review here and I ask for your indulgence :-)
I have been using and loving my Musk Oil from Jovan since I was 14, but it was about time for something new.
So it came that a few weeks ago I strolled to the Douglas to let off steam.
Shortly before I wanted to go, I discovered the Tom Ford Flakons.
So I smelled briefly at this and that ....
When I was already almost smell-blind, I grabbed a test strip for the Metallique, to smell this again at home in peace.
And what can I say? I was positively surprised!
Since I only knew my Jovan, this fragrance and the associated impressions was something completely new and unusual for me!
At first, however, he was too sweet and pungent to me and I dismissed the idea to get me this perfume.
When he then a few days later still did not go out of my head, I had no choice but to ersouken me a filling.
Hardly unpacked I sprayed him on and was totally blown away....
At the beginning still very sweet and playful, but then you smell the woody.... smoky .... and the vanilla ...
I find this fragrance totally sensual and sexy on me (I don't notice any. "Sweat smell").
If you want to stand out and try something new, I would definitely give this fragrance a chance - no BlindBuy though...

- S/H are but unfortunately only ok to average -

So, done.
I hope that was not too bad!
Schablonski
I've wanted him for so long!!!
About 2 years ago I had a sample of the perfume, at that time I liked it really well but I found him just so expensive! Also, it was the first "niche fragrance" (can you title him so?) I tried. I already put it aside and fixated more on affordable designer fragrances. For a long time I've been so keen on buying an expensive perfume, so I got a bottling to make sure I'm 100% sure I still want it before I buy it. Today it arrived and I'm still blown away like I was then, this very short metallic note that you smell, which is then rounded off by a wonderful soft vanilla and woody note - a dream? it's a good mix between: Vanilla, woody and powdery? 100% on my wish list!!!
Le précieux toilet stone
Hmmm you extraordinary fragrance in an extraordinary bottle. I've tried it really often with you, over and over again but that with us is nothing.
Everything starts with a sweet prelude of vanilla, sandalwood and pink pepper. So far, so good and even quite pleasant and soft. In conjunction with the lily of the valley and the heliotrope and certainly more white flowers. Really not bad. In the room, the scent sits well. But when I smell closer to my skin, this pungent, pungent aldehyde note jumps out at me. Help! That's supposed to be the metallic thing about Métallique I guess. It's not a bad idea. No, it's even really unusual, interesting and good. But in my nose, it couldn't quite fit. Now I've been smelling sweet, flowery toilet stone for days, which is in some toilet in the swimming pool and my colleagues ask me where this scent comes from. Oh man, that sounds kind of creepy, doesn't it? It's not as bad as it sounds though. Not all toilet stones are the same. Métallique is more like a really nice .... Toilet stone. It definitely goes from bad to worse. I just can't quite get my head around it unfortunately because I feel like I smell funny and people stay away from me. Otherwise a great idea and it might smell really good on others
The Wolf in Sheepskin
As a metalworker I would like to say a few words about Tom Ford's "Métallique". I don't want you to get the wrong impression, but we met secretly - in Düsseldorf - although I had a different appointment with someone else. One Saturday morning I entered the department store Breuninger and strolled straight from the side entrance towards Tom Ford.
Punctual as always - my date was already sitting at the counter, between Oud Wood and Tuscan Leather - optically hardly to distinguish but f** Fabulous! We got into conversation relatively fast and sniffed each other. The sympathy was definitely there and we didn't let us get out of our own way at any time, from nobody. The friendly lady of the house came to us in regular intervals, but we got along very well alone. I think we both knew at this point that we were moving on.
The date went almost perfectly, but something was different. I could tell from the way we were greeted that we were being watched. It was almost uncomfortable for me in the meantime but I tried not to let anything show.

Opposite of us - metallic shining - silver - gold - a beauty, which knew how to attract attention. You first have to be able to bring that to join in this outfit between mainly black dressed gentlemen. This requires a proper portion of self-confidence and tact to not look cheap - it worked for me anyway.

Flacon:
That's a real change. Compared to the well-known Tom Ford fragrances, the absolute contrast. Metallic Shiny - Light - Round.
The external appearance has already triggered a certain expectation in me. Metallic, cool and fresh - but here I should be taught a better lesson.

Scent:
I won't beat around the bush. One chocolate, vanilla with metal coating.
Take your best silver cutlery, put bergamot and a good vanilla on the spoon. Now you suck all this off the spoon with a lot of taste - it's as simple as that :)
Contrary to my expectations, the fragrance is very warm, soft and calm when you get through the metallic opening. I really feel it in the drydown as a great gourmand for the colder days. It's certainly not everybody's cup of tea, I see it more on a woman but I don't care. In the evening on the couch I can do without the blanket with this scent. In my eyes absolutely unique - either you love it or not, I think there is nothing in between.
If it's just between us - I brought them both home with me;)

Metallic spicy vanilla
This is a very nice new Tom fords releases. As It happens in most of the new releases of this brand the performance is not great and It have some issue un longevity and sellage, but as It belongs to the signature collection has a good price so It can worth the purchase if you like the smell. The smell is good, not very original. Fresh and spicy vanilla with a very subtle touch of purple flowers and i think a fruity note which is not listed. All this give a metallic vibe yo the perfume as the name indicates. Better for daytime use under not very warm temperatures...

Scent: 9
Longevity: 6
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 7
Versatility: 7
Originality: 6
Global: 8
Leimbacher
Metallic shine with ripe cotton candy coating
"Metallique" by Tom Ford combines the synthetic theme metal, lacquer, paint, workshop, technology, cold, perhaps even some chlorine and chemistry, with a warm, powdery vanilla somewhere between gingerbread, icing sugar and Christmas market. Only the last mentioned winter impressions interpreted so lightly and musky that you might think you are dealing more with a Narciso Rodriguez than with the eccentric, often loud, heavy Mr. Ford...

Feminine fairy fine dust from the luxury car warehouse - that's how you could describe "Metallique". Refinery kisses refinement. Cool futurism meets sweet embrace, advantage through gourmand technique. Definitely a fragrance that's not very comparable. Not to mention nothing at all. It really reminds of a mixture of Lolita Lempicka and Narciso Rodriguez, only maybe even a bit higher. Interesting and demanding, not for everyone, but at the same time also pleasing and jammy. Make-up case meets silver arrow, powder puff meets attractive cyborg. The perfect fragrance for artificial intelligence and advanced human life forms. Guerlain of Venus. And because of its special vein, it is also absolutely wearable by men. Since the mass can't assign and classify him anyway. Metrosexual magic water. Strong piece. Not a big litter, but one that already meets my taste clearly and frontally. Aluminium all-purpose weapon.

Flacon: shiny and nice
Sillage: discreetly dosed even suitable for office use. A fancy signature?!
Durability: good Tom seldom exposes himself to the nakedness - this metallic powder dust is no exception. 8 hours minimum.

Conclusion: no new hit for the masses of the noble Tommy. But instead, grandiosely cool-warm (?!) metal fairy dust for the few who fall in love with him. Like me. Fine thing, sexy and interesting. Name fits, too. If you don't think of metal here, you should have your olfactory buds checked. Or develop more imagination ;)
In the bathhouse
I would also like to comment on this fragrance now, but please forgive me beforehand for not being able to proceed in such a wonderfully professional manner as many here at Parfumo know how to do, but only for giving back my personal impression :

The top note immediately reminds me of the smell of the egg shampoo in the small cushions, which were available to buy in my childhood of the 60s in the swimming pools, which at that time were still called "Badeanstalt" (swimming baths), in addition there is a slight iron smell in the background, which probably gave its name here. Only very late in the base do I notice discreetly slightly smoky vanilla, similar to a vanilla pudding that is just beginning to burn slowly.

For me personally not necessarily beautiful, but still original.
Goodies
At the first sniff, associations such as "spicy, sweet gingerbread..." came up. and vanilla croissant :-) and unfortunately it reminded me a little bit of such a scented tree, which I once had in my car ????? ♀ But I noticed immediately that this is again a perfume, which does not tell me immediately all his secrets. Could not make a connection to "metal" in the beginning with the best will in the world... but in time... i know of something in this composition and it's a hint of severe incense, I think; something harsh "straight", holding the leash in the background, so it doesn't become an overly sweet potpourri... In any case, it is not a cool metal, but - as the bottle suggests - a warm, slightly "brizcellar", somehow golden scent. I like it, even if it may not be the right season for it (August). Maybe a little too sweet for me personally

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Fresh and spicy vanilla with a hint of heliotropo and other flowers. Very nice scent for daytime though the performance is not great...

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
~Glücklich sind die Menschen, wenn sie haben, was gut für sie ist~ Platon
by Sunshine00
Japanischer Garten, Leverkusen....gerade eben)))
by Entenradio
by ColorsOfNose
by TatyanaDDD
by TatyanaDDD

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford