Neroli Portofino Acqua 2016

Neroli Portofino Acqua by Tom Ford
Neroli Portofino Acqua is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Tunisian neroliTunisian neroli
Sicilian lemonSicilian lemon
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
BergamotBergamot
BlossomsBlossoms
AmberAmber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 25.12.2021.

A day in Italy
This fragrance is really a nice fresh citrus scent.

I smell it and have to think of Italy, how I went to Tuscany with my family back when I was a kid.
We stayed in a beautiful Tuscan villa with lots of lemon trees, a huge pool and a stunning view.

This fragrance takes me back to my childhood and I get directly desire to Italy.
Leprince069
WC duck or exclusive summer fragrance?
Let me get this straight: I like him. I really do. But most people don't know what to do with it. He could be the grandma with the gold earrings at the bus stop, he could be the room scent of the next rest stop toilet but also the well dressed gentleman on the southern Italian promenade. For the latter, I have it in use. A summer scent. Citrusy, aquatic fresh and deliberately adult. Unfortunately, it does not last long at all and is simply too expensive for that. Too bad. For a few hours in hot temperatures really well suited. He fits really well with the white jacket and the pleat in the cream-colored linen pants

Quick Yet Captivating
Neroli Portofino opens with a blast of exotic smelling floral notes and a sharp-yet-suave citrus over a delicate base of thick, creamy musk (the type that smells very nice but could easily grow cloying in high heat). The first 5-10 minutes of this perfume are entirely transportive, and easily evoke a sense of the ocean, or at least of the "Italian Riviera" described in the advertising campaign for this fragrance.

I can't fathom why people don't like this.

That being said, the performance is horrible. 20 minutes after applying it all but completely fades into the background. Not kidding, this scent has all the longevity of an essential oil based room spray. Usually I tend not to think performance is a huge issue as I'm of the mindset that perfume should be used in moderation, and that you can always reapply--but considering the price of Neroli Portofino Acqua I would say that longevity is a bigger issue here, and even more so if you plan on wearing this every day.

That being said, if you have infinite money to waste, then hey--throw a bottle in your gym bag and reapply every half hour. I would go so far as to say if the performance was improved and the price was lowered, this would be an almost flawless scent.
Avecmoi
Very good pleasant fragrance but could last longer

When I first smelled this fragrance in a perfumery in Munich, I thought to myself: Wow ... this fragrance reminds me of something I know. I asked the consultant if she had a comparable fragrance (since the fragrance was very expensive for the small quantity), but after some attempts of the lady I noticed that there was no comparable one. So I decided for the fragrance.

I still don't regret the purchase. The scent smells very fresh summery, when I smell it I immediately think of my childhood by the sea in Italy (it was beautiful) .

I tested the fragrance almost daily for 1-2 months. What bothered me was that I didn't get any compliments for the scent at first. At the beginning I didn't know why, because everyone I had consciously shown the scent to, liked the scent very much. But not other people's. But after some time it became clear to me. The fragrance is discreet, it is not particularly noticeable. It smells very fresh and pleasant, but it is not a fragrance that takes centre stage. And that's the only contra point on the scent. Everyone knows the feeling when you are approached and someone tells you: "boah, they smell but good". That only happens with this fragrance when you hug someone or come closer.

So all in all, I still love this fragrance. I find in unique and from the smell simply only very summery, pleasant and great.
If he had a stronger presence so he would smell stronger he would be for me a smooth 10/10.

Love greetings your Avecmoi aka Alex

JannikBM
Okay. Okay. But not worth his money for a long time!
The first comment on this fragrance came from my mama. She said, "Do you wear cologne? "You smell like my grandma used to smell!" I think that says it all! With a fragrance that costs on average 100€ per 50 ml ;) .
Konsalik
Is the Nerolidusche standard equipment?
Up to a certain point I don't really care about the price-performance ratio of perfumes; if a fragrance smells special and has been artfully composed, it stands alone and can taste whatever it wants. If I can't afford it or don't want to: Please, that's the way it is. But when I recently got a sample of Tom Ford's current "Acqua" Flanker for "Neroli Portofino" from a nice raffle prize, I really thought during the test that I was crazy: It smelled so damn identical to "4711 - Echt Kölnisch Wasser" that I decided to verify this impression in an A-B comparison. So here are my notes; preceded by the result of an offer search on the net:

4711 - Genuine Eau de Cologne: Currently between 12 and 16€ for 100ml.
Neroli P.A.: Currently between 140 and 150€ for 100ml.

Impression:

4711: Slightly greenish-herbal, leaf rather than fruit. More refreshing. The well-known "metallic" bitterness. Input even more intense than the Tom Ford. Back out creamy.

Neroli P.A.: Very similar, but somewhat fleshier, more mandarin. A little less metal, but very soon the most delicate amber breath, which is only perceived because it is the only component that does not smell of cologne. Quieter, but slightly more linear in the fragrance. Becomes aquatic towards the end, which does not play a major role due to the proximity of the skin that has occurred up to that point.

I admit that if you don't like the classic metal note at 4711, you might be better off with Neroli Portofino (Acqua). Or even with ten, twenty other good - no: better, more special - colognes that are available for comparatively cheap money. "Farina Opposite", for example, wipes the floor with Neroli P.A.. The advantage is the significantly longer durability of the Ford in contrast to 4711: two hours instead of just one. Please: Whoever mounts the 800ml Molanus bottle of 4711 (about 60€) with a few cable ties behind the driver's seat only needs a hose and an industrial Mayo pump (ask at the local French fries shop) to shower properly before work in summer. You smell awesome for the rest of the day and still save money.

For these reasons, I can't judge the scent for the best of reasons. You don't have to.

FefewinstonFefewinston 4 months ago
Fantastic but short-lived lemon aquatic. Enjoy responsibly if you have durable pockets.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Beautiful aquatic neroli. Very feminine, not unisex in my opinion.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Do we really have an even watered version of Neroli Portofino? LMAO

Am Schulter des Kapitäns. Vollständige abgelehnte Version im meinem Album.
Eis Eis Baby .......**
by Woha
by Woha
by StaceySpacey
by StaceySpacey
by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford