Neroli Portofino 2007 Eau de Parfum

Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum)

AmberAmber BergamotBergamot Mandarin orangeMandarin orange Orange blossomOrange blossom VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.08.2022.

The faces of the advertising campaign are the models Josephine Skriver and Jamie Jewitt.

Neroli perfection
Sometimes you meet a fragrance which is a bit simple and yet offers just what you need. Tom Ford's neroli portefino exactly does that for me.
Some of you think that neroli portefino is too simple, but I absolutely don't agree with that. I prefer sweet-spicy oriental scents in the colder seasons and white floral fragrances and woody-aquatics in summer and spring time.

Even if you don't own TF neroli portofino, you could probably imagine how it smells. To me it is a soft, classy, masculine, fresh, white floral scent. I just get a bit of soapyness and aquaticness. It performs on my skin for about five hours with soft projection. I would only wear it on days with 20°C and up.

It's not really a daring or artistic scent. And you know what? I don't even think that it has to be, even though It's in the private line of Tom Ford.
Neroli portofino is for example perfectly wearable in the office. I also think that It's well suited for a date, summer evenings or a terrace. Sometimes you just want a (relatively) simple fragrance that does the job. I totaly get that some of us fragheads absolutely prefer dark, balsamic scents, but that's not practical in the office or on hot summer days.

Neroli portofino is so pleasent and appealing and yet well crafted and special. I wouldn't call it unique or different, but all people around will think that you smell good and you won't smell like the other guys in the room when you wear Neroli portofino. The quality is undeniable and that makes you stand out. I will most likely wear Neroli portofino on warmer days when I am in uni or in my spare time with friends.

I definetly recommend neroli portofino and I even think that It's blindbuy safe. Unfortunately the price is on the high side. Not that they are the same, but Versace pour homme could be a good alternative for you. They are a bit in the same style.

To sum it up, Tom Ford's neroli portefino is a timeless and classic fragrance, suited for a classy and sexy man.

Holy Neroli !!!
This fragrance was a love at first sniff for me, it's so fresh and zesty. I’m a sucker for Neroli and Orange Blossom so I just can’t help myself. The balance of this fragrance is perfect. It’s gentle and ethereal enveloping the skin and the air around you in a cloud of sweet citrus, joyful neroli, soft sweet sensual whispers of amber, relaxing lavender and rosemary. Tom Ford is an extremely tasteful human being.

9/10

One of the best neroli
Spring and summer with a nice coctail walking along a sandy beach...
Should considered a fresh clean perfume but can easily someone distinct its uniqueness.
Mandarin and bergamot can easily be noticed with vanilla a bit disappeared!
One of my favorites!
The cleaning agent at Ferrari
Fresh, citric, a little bit biting and quite dominant... But somehow also something like a cleaner.

I love the scent, some see it as the cleaning agent variant of 4711.

After 5 minutes of the first aggressive ?chlorine? The scent of an absolute daydreamer scents a scent that puts you in an Italian sports convertible of the 80s and drives you through Miami's streets with one.

The direct first sniffer, however, puts you rather in the freshly wiped visitor toilets at the same manufacturers in the museum.

Unfortunately the fun is already over after 3 hours if you don't follow up.
Expensive toilet cleaner
Okay, I admit, I'm prejudiced about Tom Ford. His suits are fantastic. Everything Mr. Ford does is fantastic. But Neroli Portofino taught me better. Frankly, I was expecting a lot. A scent that triggers head cinema. Orange trees, boiling heat, Italian villas with floor mosaics, marble, sea. The actuation of the spray head of the, admittedly, quite pretty flacon caused me and my companion unfortunately rather associations with toilet cleaner. The fragrance smells fresh. I also feel the shelf life is good. On Friday a very friendly and courteous lady in a local perfumery sprayed my left wrist generously with five or six sprays. Also on Sunday evening, after two showers, there are still traces left. But the, as I see it, extremely synthetic, biting, simply unpleasant scent is simply nothing. With the development of the fragrance, the toilet cleaner note becomes weaker, but does not disappear completely.
In summary, Neroli Portofino disappoints all along the line.
Money horny summer companion
The anticipation was great when my eyes discovered the Tom Ford department at Galeria Kaufhof. Immediately I went there to look around. My eyes fell on a few inconspicuous blue flacons from his Private Blend that I hadn't seen before.
Among them was Neroli Portofino. I closed my eyes and smelled my arm as I sprayed it on. I was expecting something special!

Suddenly a bright flash in the sky, a flaming meteor supports to earth!

Disappointment pure I can only say. Smells just like 4711, this slightly lemony orange freshness. The one you know from your forerunner. So he's supposed to be the famous Ford seducer. Quickly looked at 4711 and just couldn't tell the difference! After approx. 2 hours Portofino was still recognizable while 4711 had already said goodbye, 2 hours later the blue Bonzen Wässerchen was finished. Moment a difference there was nevertheless the price!

Attention to all by no means buy, you are fucked as a customer here. Ford just poured 4711 into his blue water and is now basking in our money on the Caribbean!

Expensively cheap
There’s little left to say about this fragrance, that other fragrance snobs didn’t say already. Neroli Portofino is a mildly pleasant, incredibly overpriced citrus-neroli cologne with a musky-herbal undertone and a sort of “laundry” soap feel. Just place it anywhere in the Dantesque limbo between 4711 and Acqua di Parma citrus colognes. Just to be clear, it smells decent: exceedingly dull, even a bit cheap honestly, with no rich or “natural” nuances but a rather sanitized, militarly linear designer feel, also quite faint shortly after the initial burst of citrus-herbal notes. But it’s nice, fresh, safe, “GQ advertising dude” kind of classy. And there’s really nothing more to add. The only interesting thing to add would be a group brainstorming on the reasons why should someone decide to spend that money for this instead of a dozen of drugstore neroli-soapy fragrances doing the exact same job as this with the same exact quality and outcome ( “quick money laundering” would be my best guess).

5/10

Neroli Portofino
My personal opinion is that this is probably the nicest of the Tom Ford collection. The most important thing for me is being able to "smell myself". This is why I like this so much. It lasts well and gives me a nice waft every now and then. It is expensive though.

Pure Luxury...
Neroli Portofino is Tom Ford's take on the classic eau de Cologne type of fragrance. That is, orange flower blossom, citrus, herbs and amber. This is a very simple recipe, and it's one which is available in many forms. This fragrance is just Tom Ford's take on it.

It opens up extremely fresh and soap-like. It's one thing I love about this fragrance. It smells very refined and natural. I can't fault it on smell, and if the intention was to smell luxurious then this succeeds at it.

However, even though this is an eau de parfum concentration, I still find it lacking in projection and longevity. There are issues here which become apparent the longer the fragrance wears in skin. This would not be such a problem (after all, an eau de cologne by nature is fleeting, as it has no base to hold it for an extended period of time), but for the price, this is bad. Because for the price you would pay for this, you would expect it to last at least most of your day. However I only get a maximum of 4 hours with this, and that isn't something I would pay full price for.

So to conclude, I can't fault the fact that it smells like pure luxury, however it is not an experience which lasts for the time I would want. But then, that's all what eau de colognes are about, a luxurious, satisfying experience which is only meant to refresh the wearer briefly (and they are usually an expensive luxury to begin with). For me, I can think of other alternatives. But if money is no object to you, I will admit the quality is superior to other brands, so if you can afford it, you will smell elegant and refined, just not for very long. Which is the whole idea anyway. I just expected more from a Tom Ford Private Blend (and at this price).

Fresh and Clean
I'm a fan of fresh, clean scents and Neroli Portofino, although pricey, is excellent.

It has average sillage and projection but it seems to have decent longevity at 6-8 hours. This is a very clean scent and perfect for any occasion: a night out, a wedding or business meetings. It's inoffensive, so it's safe for work.

I'd recommend it but not for the retail price. If you can trade for it or pick it up at a reasonable price on Ebay, don't pass it up.

CumulnimbusCumulnimbus 6 months ago
2.5
I grew up smelling like this. IMO this is a sightly more complex and clearly longer lasting version of Spanish children's colonia Nenuco.
Arman038Arman038 6 months ago
Superb summer fragrance for daily usage.
MrLawmanMrLawman 1 year ago
I don't like to be negative but, in all honesty, NP is just an overpriced neroli scent that has little to it. Performance is mediocre also.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
ONLY FOR NEROLI LOVERS: A VIBRANT , ALMOST SOUR NEROLI SOLO ON AN CITRUSY ACCORD. PERFECT IN THE HOT SEASON.
JulphJulph 2 years ago
Top note is so sweet (may be a little bit too sweet for my taste).
The middle note and base note are so beautiful.

8 hours long on my skin
GreMuserGreMuser 2 years ago
Great neroli fragrance, but not worth the price, since lasts as long as a cologne concentration.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Great Riviera scent, like walking in a blooming orange grove. In my opinion this is a woman's scent (at least in Northern Europe)
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 4 years ago
Overpriced colonia. Worth 20€ at most
YKemYKem 4 years ago
Expensive 4711 Kölnisch Wasser Dupe :)
ScentsByKKScentsByKK 4 years ago
Overpriced

by Fortress
by Fortress
Crikvenica
by Parfummaster
In seiner natürlichen Umgebung - in Portofino :)
by Bajro96
by KrieZy
by KrieZy
by Peet
by Peet
The opposite of Noir Extreme, this is just marketing and super expensive for 15 minutes, that's precious, but stealing its price
by Panian
by Panian
by YellowIcicle
by YellowIcicle

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Black Orchid Parfum by Tom Ford Ombré Leather Parfum by Tom Ford