Noir 2012 Eau de Parfum

Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Noir (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-oriental. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot VervainVervain CarawayCaraway Pink pepperPink pepper VioletViolet
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian geraniumEgyptian geranium IrisIris NutmegNutmeg Clary sageClary sage Bulgarian roseBulgarian rose Black pepper Orpur®Black pepper Orpur®
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber StyraxStyrax OpoponaxOpoponax Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver CivetCivet Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam LeatherLeather

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.05.2022.

3.5

Emreeryilmaz
The fragrance is quite similar to the synthetic plant fragrance. It is dominated by a chemical odor, more like a stain removing detergent. Floral scents are quite dominant.

This fragrance is sugary and not woody. It is floral and sour. It has a tone reminiscent of salt and iodine. The smell becomes different after a while, and an odor similar to the smell of salt water and vinegar emerges.

This fragrance is definitely suitable for people over the age of 40. It does not feel sporty and luxurious. It feels more like a formal, tough business person or the like.

The only person I could personally tolerate and used this scent would be my boss. Because exposure to this smell stresses me out.

It stays on the fabric for up to 1 day, but all its shades change. Projection is above average and can be felt up to 2 metres. Sillage value is average. If you leave a room, a small amount of your scent stays in the room.

Longevity: 7/10
Projection: 6/10
Sillage: 6/10
Fragrance Quality: 4/10
My first Tom Ford
My first Tom Ford, almost even my last.
Puhhh that smells bad, is that cumin? I hate caraway,
well that's what happens when you do a blind buy. It could also be verbena. It literally smelled disgusting. Oh, no, I made a mistake.
I was so frustrated: it really was so awful it just raw like a smelly old man. I wanted to give it right back. I already regret it it wasn't cheap either so even worse...

But wait! Is that rose? Is that vanilla? Is that sage? I could smell more all of a sudden because the stinky note is almost completely gone after 10 to 15 minutes I still smell it but since it is weaker now it matches the rose, vanilla and iris. It gets better and better really almost even very good. All of a sudden my anger is gone.

And then I was like foggy....
I imagined a man in a tuxedo he likes to wear leather shoes and looks damn horny he is not a playboy no one knows him but all want to know him. But he wants something else what does he want? Power? Money? Or just attention? Definitely all at once. He actually already has everything a man needs, right? Unfortunately not.. If I'm honest, he lacks a certain freshness or a fruity note. He is more suitable for night active so not for me? Maybe but still?hmmm?
Nevertheless, you should buy the fragrance only if you want to endure the caraway note and verbena every time new. Although he is later really horny I do not have to do it to me so he remains for the first time only on the shelf until he is gone.
Before I forget it, almost because of the Noir I wanted to buy no more Tom Fords. But fortunately, has the dear Mr. Ford still other great fragrances....
LG Batuhan
Noir - A Detective Story
Darkness. Rain. Shadows on the streets.

Allow me. Thomas McFord, private investigator.

For days I've been holed up in my little dark office in Chicago. An occasional glance through the windows, which were darkened by blinds, was my only contact to the outside world. Now and then I saw people walking across the street like passing shadows. The light from the lanterns and car headlights reflected on the rainy paths. In my gloomy office I could no longer distinguish between day and night. The smell of darkness was in the air. It smelled strongly of exotic spices, even oriental. Was it my coat that gave off this smell? Probably, because a few days ago I visited an old friend in the Orient quarter not far from here. He runs a grocery store there with a wide selection of oriental spices. Anyway
Actually, after my last assignment I wanted to take a vacation with my wife Jessica. See something different. For too long I'd been neglecting our marriage. My job was too important to me. And now she's gone. I don't blame her. She's gone to live with her mother for now. She must have left sometime while I was at work. In a farewell letter she told me that she had imagined our marriage differently and that she couldn't bear to look me in the eye to say goodbye. She took her belongings from our apartment. The only thing I had left of her was a scarf hanging from my wardrobe in the office. She must have left it here on her last visit months ago. It had a faint smell of patchouli. She always put some of the oil on her clothes.
A last memento of a person who became a stranger to me a long time ago.

On top of that, Betty, my longtime assistant, had quit. She had found a better position. Her desk in the anteroom had been cleared out. I could still detect the powdery scent of her make-up. Betty always set great store by a neat appearance.

You might think of me as leading a lonely and dreary life. But why don't I feel that way myself?

This morning, it must have been about 7:00, someone knocked on my office door. "Come in," I said.
A young lady in a beige coat and sunglasses came in. She was wearing black high heels. She wore a black collar. Her hair was black as the night and short to the neck.

I asked what I could do for her. She said she was looking for an old friend who'd been missing for weeks. She needs the help of a detective.
When she took off her glasses I was captivated by her gaze. She was beautiful.
"You should go to the police, sweetheart," I said, not letting myself think that I had briefly faint at the sight of them. She replied that she had already been there. But they could not help her. "All right," she said. I took off her coat and suddenly a beguiling scent of roses surrounded me. Such magic. The sweetness of vanilla was added to it. How tempting. With every move, she scented my office.
Under her coat she wore a tight red dress, which perfectly set off her fabulous figure. Everything about her was incredibly attractive to me
"Please, just sit down and tell me what happened," I said
I sat down behind my desk, closed my eyes and while I listened to the beautiful stranger, I heard all these smells in the air, which merged into a harmonious unity and illuminated the room at once.

The End...
------------------------------------------------------------
When scents fire the imagination.

See you soon.

Peace!
The nocturnal shadow
Intention:
Noir...the dark, the black and the night...depending on the current state and situation maybe even the abyss, are words that are often used for fragrances with this label.
Surely not fundamentally wrong for this work from Tom Ford, but it would not do justice to the actual depth - which does not go far or exactly right. Because when I think of really "dark" scents, I think of Noir de Noir - also by Tom Ford - or the Encre series (not all) by Lalique. Yes, the bottle might suggest it, but "Noir" is bright enough for everyday use, the small, shadowy light in the night room.

Relation:
Let us clarify in advance: No, "Noir" bears a resemblance to almost none of its namesakes from the "Noir" series! While "Noir Extreme" is a sweetish gourmand and "Noir Anthracite" has a rather woody touch, only the "Noir EdT" resembles the original EdP to some extent. Unlike the EdP, the EdT reduces its floral notes and instead focuses on citric and minty components. An equivalent fragrance with a relevant financial saving compared to an eau de parfum? No! As the bottle also suggests, it's a fresher version for those for whom EdP is "too much".

Scent:
But what does "Noir" smell like? Well, first of all I have to say that I was able to experience like no other of my fragrances how differently testers in my environment perceived "Noir"! From "slightly sweetish" to "I find the smell of leather nice" to "smells somehow old-fashioned" there was almost everything to hear, which is why I will stick to my own perception here.
While in the top note the violet in particular reigns with a splash of freshness due to the bergamot used, the base is made up of the combination of components such as amber, vanilla and
Patchouli creates and forms a pleasantly sweet, but also rough - here especially the vetiver, leather and styrax - base helps.
The violet can give a feeling of the teeth of time, especially with younger noses, while the violet for
this house gladly used basis with fans and enthusiasts will not necessarily provide for joy jumps.
It is the heart note that makes this fragrance so special to me!
It is the rose geranium, the iris and the Bulgarian rose that are allowed to play the largest and most long-lasting chord in this fragrance creation for my nose, especially since it is allowed to creep into the base note for a fraction of its life span.
If I were forced to describe "Tom Ford Noir" in as few words as possible, it would be: "Noble" and "Floral"!

Sillage and shelf life:
Shall we make it short? Sillage and durability are good! Just good? Yes, actually "just" good! Within its fragrance range it is - on my skin - "Noir Extreme", which has the longest shelf life. Nevertheless, "Noir" does much more than the EdT and "Noir Anthracite" can do! Although the EdT is able to radiate more strongly in the top note because of the citric components, it is very weak in the middle note compared to the EdP!
And the "anthracite"? Let's just drop it, okay? It's a beautiful scent, but unfortunately it doesn't stand out more on my skin in any category.
In terms of time, we are talking about about 15 minutes for the top note, about 2.5 to 3.5 hours for the heart note and another 4 hours for the base note - a total of about 7 to 8 hours of pleasure.

Application:
When it comes to the possibilities for use, the bottle should not be deceived. Gladly also used for work, "Noir" has not yet managed to attract anybody's negative attention. But in general, this bottle does attract attention
Smell wonderful! Modern enough for today's time, this fragrance still retains enough of the characteristics of the last decades and is able to peer through the - soon to be felt only appearing - aquatic and "blue" fragrances! For the summer or warmer months: no problem! At least if you reduce the number of sprays, as the heart note in particular with its floral components reacts a little differently to the temperature and the sweaty skin. Not unpleasant or bad, but just a little different!
Flacon:
Opinions about the flacon can be divided! Even if the fragrance isn't as dark as mentioned at the beginning, the bottle with its dark glass and cap sells this intention excellently. The lettering - both on the bottle and in initials on the cap - is easy to recognise and read, but does not stand out from the overall picture The spray head does its job - there is hardly more to mention here. It does what it is supposed to do, but is inferior for miles to those of Dior or Chanel.
And you can hold whatever you want over the cap: while the bottle is valuable and stable, the fluted cap is made of the simplest plastic and its light weight alone suggests its lack of value. However, the extent to which you would like to evaluate a fragrance on the basis of the bottle should be decided by each individual. Surely there would have been more in it, but that would have had a direct impact on the price.

Price:
In terms of price, "Noir" is - in the meantime - ranked in an acceptable category for designer fragrances. Represented in the company's own Signature line and now almost eight years old, "Noir" may still cost 80 to 90 € for 50 ml in the local store, but due to its "age" it can be obtained for much less money from an online discounter. Without guarantee, but still for orientation: I could buy my second bottle for 54,90 € incl. shipping!

A special thanks:
Even if she will probably never read it, I would like to say a small thank you to the competent specialist saleswoman (who in the meantime may enjoy her pension well-deservedly), who suggested this fragrance to me. Amusingly enough, with "Habit Rouge" by Guerlain as a present standing at the cash register - it was shortly after shop opening time on a dreary day with already little public traffic - she went without further ado to the back of the warehouse and brought out a tester of "Tom Ford Noir". Without further ado explained
she, the fragrance had not sold very well so far, which is why it should now elapse in the warehouse and leave room on the shelf for another fragrance.
So I still left the shop with "Habit Rouge" as a present under my arm and a half-full 50ml test bottle of "Noir" for a symbolic price of a few Euros.

Demetera
Amazing smell - but only for the older guys with suit.
First of all: I'm 30yrs old. My plan was picking up a scent for elegant, evening events (like theatre and other night-time events with a suit or similar outfit).

Step1: Store/paper: Wow, I love this scent, the overall vibe of it, its really spicy, and unquestionably elegant. I give it a try. (Paid.)

Step2: Outside the store: I sprayed it on the back of my hand, and checked it constantly. Its really spicy, a bit old-fashioned, but still amazing. Really-really strong sillage on me (only with 1 spray)

Step3: After the drydown its translate to a really woody smell with zero sweetness (wood and leather with a non-sweet vanilla). Its a good one, but in my opinion its not for a guy in the 30's, much more for somebody in the 40's or 50's. Still like it, but def. not for me.

Step3: At home: my livingroom (30sqm) filled with the scent's smell (not my nose, my GF told me as well) - from the back on my hand. What the hell, is a bit too much sillage.

Step4: I tried to clean it from the back of my hand. With soap and sponge. 60% gone, 40% still on my head. Its incredible, but idk is it positive or negative :)

Step5: Put the bottle in a metal box (where all my other scent stay at the most of the time). A day later i opened the box, and i realised, the other scent's bottles smell like Tom Ford Noir. Eeeh.. Its a bit too much for me.

Step6: Wear it for the for the first time (1 spray only). GF told me I smell like a sexy, elegant old man. ( what a compliment! :D ) Then we met with my friends where I got more compliments for the scent - But some jokes with my oldness because the old-smelled fragrance too.
Dark Magic?
In Utrecht, Holland, I first came across Noir from Tom Ford. Actually I wasn't looking for a fragrance at all, I just wanted to drop by this well-known perfumery for fun, to maybe enjoy the one or other fragrance.

What I was looking for, the employee asked me, who, as it turned out, was actually a teacher by profession and works in this perfumery every second Saturday only because of her hobby and her love for the fragrances
After nothing at all, I replied and added, I just want to discover something new that not everyone has.

You know Tom Ford, she asked me.
Sure, of course, why?

She sprayed Noir on a test strip for me. I knew Tom Ford well, I had lived in Arabia for some years in the past, in the boutiques and luxury malls there you simply can't get past TF.

On the strip I found the scent good, yes, even very good, but I couldn't imagine how such a scent would work on my skin.
The lady filled me a sample, which I tested extensively when I arrived home. Applied to the skin, I immediately fell in love with this fragrance, durability and Sillage striking for a good 8 to 10 hours. So a few weeks later I bought the 50 ml bottle of TF Noir - the 100 ml bottle was no longer available and that evening there was a full 20% on all the fragrances in the perfumery I trusted, so I only had the 50 ml bottle of this enchanting fragrance.

The term 'enchanting' is deliberately chosen, as the fragrance definitely has some dark magic. I would like to renounce the name 'black' consciously at this point.

The fresh start in this magic show starts with intense bergamot, sweet violets and a hard load of pepper. The fragrance is so fresh and so breathtakingly cold and at the same time cuddly warm and loving. The pink pepper mixed with this strikingly intense bouquet of flowers is new territory, quite unusual, surprisingly fresh and detached, and yet it radiates security and love.
The intensive, fresh start lasts for some time.

The bright pink pepper is replaced after about one and a half to two hours by the smooth black pepper, the flowery freshness turns at the same time into a now flowery mystery, whereby I cannot say whether it is the iris or the Bulgarian rose that triggers this dark profundity, or whether it is probably more the interplay of pepper, iris, rose and clary sage, that enchants me and everyone around me so unbelievably loud and yet lovingly and gently.

A few hours later it gets deeper, darker, more mysterious. One would think that the scent would have to slowly fade, become shallower and closer to the skin. But it won't, it will, as I said before, be much deeper than one could ever assume. Pepper in all its forms has vanished, as have rose and iris. Now the woods together with patchouli and vanilla start to set the tone for me - but the vanilla doesn't become any more pompous or boring but makes this scent even more exciting than it was before.
To the end this incredible scent enchants, it is loud and profound at the same time, it is magic, whole, very dark magic - but not the magic of death or even a curse, but exactly the mysterious and mysterious, deep dark and enchanting magic, which one also experiences in the moments of indescribable happiness: the longing of Eichendorff's Moon Night paired with the tension of the Panther von Rilke: a mild summer night, in which one walks barefoot alone at full moon over the damp grass of the meadows swimming in the moonlight, the security of the home paired with an inescapable longing for distance, completely freedom-loving and completely happy about this wonderful and yet so imperfect moment, no longer searching but only excited and tense, what would happen in the next moment, if one meets exactly then his great love.

Its ok
It is an amazing perfume, but im a person with an acidic skin (low Ph) and it doesnt react with my skin but it changes its smell really bad ,to a very spicy smell, extremly different compared to the initial smell.

Dark sweet powder
Tom Ford is a man for whom masculinity is somewhat wild, somewhat tamed and definitely mysterious. He is an absolute legend. He has set the fashion towards more classic styles, with a twist of tamed wildness. I think I like it.

Now to the fragrance. It is powdery spicy with facets of darkness and beauty.
SchatzSucher
Not deep black but dark enough
Noir, Black, Black... It can't get any darker. Brighter however already.
Tom Fords Noir suggests the inclined consumer by the name Noir and the very simple, I would like to say almost unimaginative, very dark bottle something deep black, abysmally deep, enigmatic. which is to be enjoyed perhaps only with extreme caution and in smallest doses.
But in this case this is almost faking false facts, because I don't think Noir is deep black and dark. I would like to give the fragrance a very dark velvety red with a touch of blackness, that could fit quite well. A bit baroque, because the scent itself is very opulent and expansive.

There is a rather lavishly arranged orchestra playing a melody that is quite loud at the beginning. You get a little shaken up by the first chords. Pepper pricks a little bit in the nose, first sets the tone and then gives way to a very vigorously ruched violet. It is quite amazing how much radiance such a small, normally rather inconspicuous flower can have. It's probably the chords around it that have made the violet so distinct and that it is so present and remains so for a long time.

The other flowery and spicy chords stay a little behind, play second fiddle so to speak and make sure that the melody is softened a little, but still clearly audible. Later the still leading violet is supported by a strong note of patchouli, which fits perfectly to the violet,
Finally, fine traces of civet, leather and vanilla are mixed in, but only in the background and supporting. Violets and patchouli remain in the foreground. But a course in the scent melody from loud to quiet is well recognizable and beautifully worked out.

Tom Ford is well known for his not exactly low self-confidence. You can transfer that to the scent very well. The fragrance is self-confident and expressive.
But one or two small weaknesses cannot be denied. One could assume that such a composition should be a monster of durability and projection. That's not quite so.
You are well noticed but you don't fill an entire concert hall with the scent. And the shelf life is also rather average, it ends after about 6 hours. There would have been some air to the top.
Nevertheless Noir is a successful composition, which I like very much and which I like to wear.
The opulence fits very well into the coming cold season and the quite interesting fragrance does not make Noir boring.
I also find that the fragrance also passes through as unisex. Flowery-spicy I would like to call him also gladly and for evening very well suitably, even if I had him today times again with to the work.

You could have thought of a little more with the bottle. It's a bit very plain. But there are less attractive flacons.
If you are looking for an opulent fragrance that is not too exhausting and overloaded, and a lush violet that harmonizes with strong patchouli, this is the place for you. And if one is not deterred by the somewhat misleading designation Noir as well. If the whole thing might seem too loud or even too feminine to you, you won't enjoy it here.
I like Noir as he is,

GMK
A modern release with a 'dated' vibe
Undoubtedly Tom Ford has managed to create some of the very good fragrances but I don't know why he has been focusing more on being inspired rather than being innovative, majority of his releases are evident , you can see the connection of his fragrances with many famous niche hits.
I find Noir very dated from the start, with a sweet , powdery and flowery notes , they tried to produce a similar vibe like Guerlain Habit Rouge but failed imo , too much synthetic sweetness and spices ruined it and makes it difficult to wear for me , marketed as masculine but to me it leans towards unisex or feminine side.

LukmoeLukmoe 9 months ago
Black is the theme with this fragrance. It is a very dark scent especially suitable for winter days. Must like and is not mainstream.
DemeteraDemetera 3 years ago
Its a really dark and elegant scent, however its much more like an elegant “old man” scent (45+) and definitely not for someone in the 30’s.
ZmoneauxZmoneaux 6 years ago
Bright fresh citrus and geranium, powdery cosmetic-ish iris, smooth rose and spice, deep leathery animalic base. Absolutely amazing.
HermeshHermesh 7 years ago
Slightly powdery violet and geranium in a flowerpot. Nicely done!

by Smellnsouk
by YKem
by QRZ91
by QRZ91

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford