Noir (2013) Eau de Toilette

Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford

Noir (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-powdery. It is still in production.

Citric notes, Herbal notes, Spicy notes, Oriental notes, Spearmint, Lemon

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 07.09.2019

7.0 7.0 5.0/10

Norleans
Dear Tom, what's that smell?
Compared to the short membership at Parfumo and the scent mania that has only existed since then, I have already tested many Tom Ford creations, found them good and not so great. The bandwidth of the house Ford is almost inexhaustible.

From the line Noir I liked the Anthracite in particular, but the Noir de Noir was nothing for me, because in the truest sense too dark.
I applied Noir EdT directly before a half-hour walk with my dog (Coco turns four today, by the way, but that doesn't matter here :-)) Thus the odour development was certainly also influenced by fresh air and sunshine - quasi a field test.
The Noir EdT begins with a Dior Fahrenheit appearance and pours a colourful bouquet of sweet, dark flowers over me - unfortunately not my direction at all. Shortly before the walk I came from the weekly market in the neighbouring district and brought my wife a bouquet of peonies, so at first I thought I had a few splashes of flower water on my wrist without noticing it.
Also in the further course the direction "flowery" remains dominant for me, is supplemented by a soapy-gourmandy component. I find a soap like in Creeds Himalaya breathtakingly beautiful and fresh, but in Noir EdT it is too heavy, dry and a bit too old-fashioned for me. Not that I expected freshness here, but if soapy, then please clean and not dirty-gourmandig.
In the end there is a fragrance that unfortunately doesn't suit me and wouldn't suit my type, but is solid craftsmanship.
I feel it-contrary to the description of the scent on this page- überhauot not powdery-spicy- but flowery-gourmandig.
My conclusion: A well arranged fragrance, which is led here in my opinion with a little true description of the fragrance. Clinging to my scent taste, Noir EdT is not unique and does not stand out from the crowd for me. I will soon part with this bottling :-)

Thanks for reading.
6.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Noir Is The New Rouge
Scentrack
Nicola Conte – Bossa Per Due

Apparently,for parfumer Olivier Gillotin the role model for this fragrance was legendary Guerlain Habit Rouge. It has all the qualities of Habit Rouge, only little bit updated – easier to wear and cleaner. It opens with a yellow lemon kick and a touch of bergamot, while strong mint gives a huge green aspect. Gentle Pink pepper is present in the opening as well. Very soon flowery bouquet of fresh, but subdued roses and slightly powdery iris opens. This fresh, flowery, pollen-like, but still not feminine heart is gorgeous. In the drydown vanilla becomes a more pronounced, with just a touch of patchouli. In the background something woody, and almost animalic is present. This note is not strong, but still giving needed masculine edge.
Noir EdT is smart, easy to wear masculine fragrance. It has some retro vibe, but still perfectly contemporary. It possesses a Mediterranean charm and refined relaxed attitude.

Rating 8/10

More on Scentimentalwords

Hermesh 4 years ago
An unusually tender citron behind the powdery and mild-spicy notes. The powdery accents are comfortable, the citruses are delicate.+2
5.0

by TomLavender
by Hordak
by Hordak

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford