Noir Extreme (2015)

Noir Extreme by Tom Ford

Noir Extreme is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Neroli, Saffron, Cardamom, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesKulfi, Mastic resin, Rose, Jasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 16.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Tom Ford himself.

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Mr. Big
Elegant, unapproachable and unique.

All this I associate with the Sex and the City character Mr. Big and Noir Extreme.

A gourmand of the extra class, noble, perfectly countered sweet and so wonderfully insulating and vintage.

A fragrance that only works for men who are so masculine because of their well-groomed, polite, hard to grasp and inwardly melancholic nature that they don't care to smell like a pancake with honey and pralines for dessert.

It will probably taste more to people who miss the old scent times or like me have a weakness for strong scents, especially gourmands.

His Sillage is strong, but not intrusive, it envelops the wearer and filters out everything negative without anyone as in modern times for many scents left by simply killing effect to jump off.

The durability is great, 6 hours with good Sillage are loosely in it, after that it becomes weaker and after 8 hours it becomes very close.

7.0 8.0 7.0 10.0/10

Elegant in winter
I would like to dedicate my first fragrance commentary on Parfumo to my favourite gourmand.
Due to the good reviews here, I ordered a sample of this fragrance from ALzD. When I sprayed him on my skin for the first time I was actually already in love with him. I generally like sweet scents, but this one has that certain something.
He's sweet, but he's not pushy. A fragrance which you can wear well in autumn but even better in winter. While I would go to "Tobacco Vanilla" to draw people into my spell at the Christmas market, I would shine with this rather at the family reunion at the Christmas dinner. Tobacco vanilla is for biting, this one for cuddling. Noir Extreme doesn't impose itself on other people but envelops its wearer with a discreetly sweet vanilla aura.
The Sillage is acceptable but unfortunately not of long duration. This is also the only negative point for my feelings. Although I have to say that many fragrances on my car don't last long, and Parfumo gives them good scores on these points, I expect a Tom Ford fragrance to give me a little more. Present he is with me perhaps about 2-3 hours, afterwards only very closely perceptible. The compared Tobacco Vanilla around worlds is better in its durability. But still the fragrance is just so incredibly good that I MUST buy it.
In my opinion it is wearable for gentlemen of all ages. The 20 year old in normal everyday clothes can wear it just as well as the 40 year old in a suit. For me, it's more of a scent to go out in the evening. Also suitable for a romantic dinner. You can use it for the work, but I think there are more suitable all-round scents :)
Even if my olfactory organ is not yet so mature to be able to tell you more about the individual fragrances, I still hope to be able to animate you to test this wonderful fragrance ;)
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

A modest Tom Ford.
Don't we all know them, our dear gourmands? There are some with cherries, others are reminiscent of pudding, cakes and so on. Many of them smell incredibly delicious, so that one would like to lick the sweet, sticky juice from the back of the hand.
Now I just put the word "sticky" in my mouth. In fact, there are not just a few gourmands who smell incredibly appetizing, but who hardly want to leave the wearer's skin. They often involuntarily stylise themselves as signature fragrances for life, in order to express them somewhat exaggeratedly. They are often so sticky and so sweet that I don't know if I would want to take one out at night, if it wouldn't become too exhausting at some point. But now there is a remedy in sight, because something has been brewed at Tom Ford that has nothing to do with the originally deep wooden "Noir", published in 2012. It comes in a very classic, if not old-fashioned bottle, which doesn't quite come close to the more exclusive fragrance line of this house in terms of choice of materials and workmanship, but this should only irritate for a few seconds, because as soon as the first spray blast lands on the wrist, the black-golden surrounding is absolutely irrelevant
Everything begins with a spice boost so typical for the Orient, which revises the negative cliché of sticky-sweet gourmands. In addition to cardamom, a delicate nutmeg note comes to the fore, which you simply have to love. A little later the Kulfi is added, an Indian dessert, which - I did some research - is described as follows:

"At the court of the Mogul emperors, the chefs came up with the idea of mixing sweet condensed milk with chopped pistachios, saffron or rose water and adding semi-frozen ice cream. The mass was put into small pots with lids (called "Kulfi" in Persian) and placed in ice from the Himalayas until it was served."
And in fact this Kulfi is not as sweet as many other European desserts or desserts. Of course, it makes the fragrance a little sweeter now, but it is not a sticky, but a rather airy sweetness, which is accompanied by the still present nutmeg note with a nice pinch of spice.
The sweet-spicy, but above all airy composition is complemented a little later by vanilla. According to the fragrance pyramid, it is a supporting column, which I also hear. Fortunately, despite the presence of vanilla, there is no need to be afraid of the wonderfully aromatic combination of nutmeg and Kulfi. Unlike other gourmands, we're not dealing with a vanilla that kills everything. It serves rather to carry this unique, aromatic airiness through the hours of the night and to lend even more depth to the already extremely deep composition. And if after a few hours a little sandalwood is added - really little and not too much - this rounds off the combination of oriental scents with a subtle creaminess. The description of this creaminess as a discreet one is correct insofar as it never destroys the airiness that distinguishes "Noir Extreme", just as it does with vanilla. It's this airiness, this sweet-spicy transparency that fascinates me so much.

Actually, the name "Noir Extreme" is not suitable, because nothing is extreme here. We have no extreme stickiness, no extreme Sillage, no extreme durability - nothing that many gourmands often have in a negative sense. You get a really mature, adult gourmand who demands style from his wearer, is afraid of making a loud appearance, doesn't need it and doesn't want it. You get a gourmand who doesn't stick to you, who instead is like a faithful companion who doesn't confuse fidelity and reliability with obtrusiveness. You get a gourmand that shows that it doesn't always have to be the exorbitantly expensive Tom Ford product line, in which, for example, "Tobacco Vanilla" is located. You get a gourmand who embodies the virtue of modesty in terms of both financial and scent character - at least if you take Tom Ford's circumstances as a guideline. Because Tom Ford and modesty ... well ... i think it's obvious what I mean, don't you?

So, be modest and try it out. The days get colder, darker, rainer, more uncomfortable. But perhaps this noble little water will succeed in bringing a little cosiness back into your everyday life.
10.0 6.5/10

Theobaer
Tiramisu for the cold days
The fragrance has a strong but well balanced presence and reminds me very much of Tiramisu: it smells really sweet, creamy, but also a little smoky to oriental. But when can a man (or even a woman) wear such a fragrance? Clear to me: in winter!

Maybe with a mulled wine in your right hand and your sweetheart on your left, which clings to your chest. Wrapped in a soft and fluffy blanket, you fight romantically and playfully over the last piece of dark chocolate, while the flames in front of you flicker in the fireplace, cracking the red-hot wood.

Also for a walk over the Christmas market or a date in your favorite cafe it could find use, but outside of these nuances of life, it is hard for me to attribute Noir Extreme to a goal.
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Shaking
A train ride that's fun,a sugar ride that's... sugar ride?
This or something like this must have been how my dear fellow travellers (I sincerely apologize) felt when I took the slow train from Austria to Germany for 11 hours...without changing trains...in this midsummer...a brand new test so.
It must have been an experience for both sides, whereby the more positive was surely on mine ?????

I have to say that I had already tested Noir Extreme before and rated it with a very good 8.5.
But after the train ride I have to revise my opinion and ...drumroll...adjust it upwards !
Noir Extreme receives now from me a 9,5...to a reference 10 it is not quite enough, but my personal front runner also comes from Ford (test follows to a special occasion, be curious)

Actually I wanted to fall back the morning before the journey, on a somewhat more discreet smell ...Allure Homme Eau De Toilette.

I already had my nimble finger on the spray head when I heard a "crack" from my fragrance cabinet.
When I opened the cupboard carefully, Noir Extreme, extreme smooth approached me (no scent was injured, be calmed)
This hint of fate and the fact that winter is still far away and I just wanted to smell the scent again, must have moved me to the fact that Noir and not Allure landed on my skin
The initial situation
1.The train ride was, as already written above, long...11 hours
2.One wagon was too little that day
3.Another wagon had to be cleared due to failure of the air conditioning

The result
The train was overcrowded until it didn't work anymore ....Noir and I in the middle of it.

This smell has sweetened, in the truest sense of the word, my train ride !
All bad smells around me..also from other people, who are definitely not at Parfumo, were kept away from me by a sweet aura of oriental bliss, with Noir Extreme as a protective shield.
Noir has delivered ...and how...almost 11 hours!

This unbelievable scent of mandarin and Kulfi, with its discreet spice, brought me even after a long time, a really nice compliment that I was very happy about!
A conductor (who I really felt sorry for that day, because they can usually never do anything for it) asked if he can "stay" here, because it smells "damn good" here ☺

I haven't gone into the scent itself that much now, but I still think it contains all relevant information for a round picture of my personal scent experience.

A call in view:
People should, at least in trains, use more perfume ☺
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

That certain something
My first comment, then it must be something special. I'm at the beginning of my fragrance career, that can be a bit difficult. As with books or movies, I think it's best to just start, even if you can't know everything and can't have the most expert opinion. I've been fascinated by Tom Ford for a while, a roommate has the Oud Wood body lotion. Since I know the smell I am simply in love with this quality, with the noble that alone the Bodylotion holds.

Noir Extreme was one of those moments that put a big grin on my face. It is the same noble, special charisma, somewhere the scents resemble each other even in a small component, even if Noir extreme smells different of course.

Noble, sweet, mystical spice collage, I'd call it. Not unmanly, and I find that spices and sweetness meet at eye level, one does not surpass the other. Somehow Christmas market mixed with a pepper note, so it seems to me as a loan. Plus this noble thing something I love so much. If you are looking for something for the evening or the colder months you will find it here. I love it

Fraqmental
from "oh, god, what a bad buy..." to "he's only on special occasions."
admittedly, I don't usually like blind buying, especially when they're in the higher price segment, but I've been guided by too many comments & online reviews on this one, and after all of them had him uplifted, I certainly didn't think I was doing anything wrong with it.

My first Tom Ford fragrance. When unpacking, a noble impression was given, but now not much different than with higher-priced designer fragrances, after all, Noir Extrem is also from the designer line of Tom Ford. Cap removed and smelled on the spray head. ".... Okay, that.... i imagined differently..."
Put your cap on it and put it in the closet. After a few hours the same game again for several days. Also sometimes applied and waited. I didn't know but somehow I didn't feel like this kind of scent at all. It was just a "weird" sweetness that didn't seem delicious or attractive to me. I was toying with the idea of selling the fragrance again because I would never use the whole bottle. Noir Extreme stayed untouched in my closet for a few weeks and I couldn't really understand the hymns of praise of the online community.

Well, I don't know what exactly has changed since, but nose surgery wasn't. For some reason, however, I found more and more pleasure in the fragrance and wore it for the time being at home for myself, because I still didn't dare to go out with it and catch a negative comment. Maybe it's just the power of habit, but now I like the perfume so much that it amazes me. Even the first female compliments weren't long in coming and from then on I knew that the hype was one or the other.
Admittedly, I wouldn't wear this fragrance on every occasion and even if I'm in male company, I can be sure that one or the other stupid commentary will fall from a non-perfume connoisseur (surely owed to the reason that it's a unisex fragrance) but that's not what this perfume was designed for. I see the typical Noir Extreme wearer as a finely dressed middle-aged man, possibly even in a suit at an evening event with lots of female company. It's a date scent of a special kind to me. Not a date in a bar or a club, but a date with a special person, in a nice restaurant or for more intimate moments. For the latter one should be careful with the spray head, because here one has fast times something too much. In general, you should apply a little less here, because the scent holds & projects very well with me and the woman quickly gets the need to get closer to you by catching a whiff every now and then.

Generally I would wear the scent rather in cold seasons and there also only in the evening
9.0 9.0 10.0/10

My all-day dessert
For me, no fragrance comes as close to a real, sweet-scented dessert as my favourite gourmand Tom Ford Noir Extreme. Sprayed on and it seems as if you are carrying an etrem delicious, albeit extremely sumptuous (and sugar-rich!) pudding vanilla caramel dessert with you all day long.

What fascinates me so much about this Tom Ford as a lover of sweet and gourmand fragrances is its uniqueness. So at least I can't think of a smell that's nearly comparable. While you can definitely see out of the crowd with this fragrance, in my eyes it preserves an extremely cuddly, inviting and soft and cosy feel-good aura around the wearer. Of course, this Tom Ford requires an olfactory openness towards sweet treats, but never manages to be penetrating or cheap-sweet. Compared to many of his siblings from the Private Blend series, I also find this one to be significantly less polarizing and yet of equivalent hpher quality as far as the ingredients are concerned.

The fragrance remains relatively linear over the period of its above-average shelf life. It simply smells wonderfully of vanilla, a caramel note, nutmeg and some (discreetly used) further harmomic oriental spice notes. After the opening, Noir Extreme also notices that the Kulfi dessert is a milk dessert. The sweet, milky note is not disturbing, but gives the fragrance additional authenticity and creates the illusion of actually having such a dessert on your plate.

Conclusion: Noir Extreme manages to make my mouth water every time and to create an extremely pleasant scenttaura around me, which also attracts the attention of my fellow human beings. By its concurrent exceptionality, durability and creativity 10 out of 10 points
10.0 10.0 9.0 10.0/10

Hello little Bollywood Gourmand
Tom Ford, this name does not only stand for outstanding fashion, great optics and good taste. Much more, the brand has established itself as a successful perfume label and regularly shows that there are always new interpretations or unusual first drafts that have not existed before and yet know how to convince.
The last big thing was probably Fucking Fabulous. With this fragrance, the brand has finally taken a big step to be heard worldwide. I also think Fucking Fabulous is great, unique and ingenious. This fragrance belongs to Tom Ford's "Private Blend" series and is characterized by an extraordinary fragrance and enormous quality. However, the Private Blend series has a big catch for many interested parties. Because if you want to have a fragrance from the collection, you'll want more than 250 Euro for 50ml. It goes without saying that a lot of money for marketing is included and the name is also paid for.

Now there is not only the PB Collection. Even in the still affordable segment, Tom Ford has a fragrance that is wonderful, gourmandig and great tuned.
This is the Noir Extreme presented here. Don't let the bottle dazzle you too much. This one is anything but badly designed, but you can already see a qualitative difference to the bottles of the PB collection. However, this is of little importance for the scent, because the scent itself is one of the best gourmands you can fish for.

The perfume radiates an enormous high quality and looks from the first second very well built and structured. There is hardly any mixing of the individual components, because one simply recognizes the individual notes in so many moments. Whether this is vanilla, cardamom, Kulfi or mandarin, everything seems to be noticeably present that satisfies you sooo.

The start comes with lots of mandarin and directly a soft-sweet note. One gets relatively early the Kulfi note to the hand, which is characterized by a mixture of vanilla and pistachios. This is accompanied by tender cardamom and nutmeg. Neroli is also on the list, but in my opinion this is not to be heard. The notes drag on for a very long time, at the end mandarin, vanilla, kulfi and sandalwood become the main notes. For me, the interplay of the notes is an Indian dream and makes the gourmand heart beat faster.

The silage is really very good in the first 3 hours, afterwards it falls off a bit, because it is barely perceptible for yourself, but it is still good. The shelf life can be between 6 and 9 hours on cold days, depending on the temperature.

In conclusion, one can give every lover of sweet fragrances an unrestricted recommendation to buy
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

My best Indian friend
It's already an incredible scent. First time I smelled it at a well-known perfumery. At first I thought of INDIA, the Ganges and of course the Taj Mahal. Twice I didn't have to think. Immediately I went to the cash register and bought this fragrance. This was to the consultant's delight, because I actually came to buy Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male. What to say a scent to fall in love with, but beware, because you do not need too much . As with other Tom Ford fragrances, the rule less is more. Yet an outstanding fragrance. Small recommendation to buy this fragrance and the female version right away too ( Tom Ford Noir pour Femme) . These two fragrances combine and you have a true chocolate vanilla dream of which you are absolutely thrilled (and the girlfriend also ;D)
6.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Igelnase
Specifically ..... Yes, I think so too!!!
I try to be concise and refrain from any kind of lürische excesses, which could possibly dilute the overall impression to be conveyed.

In my case, my collection of fragrances is rather small and I often test several times during a purchase to average the daily moods, moods and daily well-being. If I find then a smell after the third or fourth test still well this becomes interesting for a purchase only then.
I therefore start the Tom Ford Noir Extreme theme in perfumery, where he was recommended to me by a saleswoman. She said that I had to wait a quarter of an hour after spraying on this fragrance, because it would be a bit rough at the beginning. ..... So it was.

The prelude begins for me a little bit bitter and spicy, but through this wonderfully radiant, high-quality, sweet vanilla the theme of this fragrance can already be guessed. As announced by the seller, Noir Extreme becomes much softer, warmer and extremely pleasant for me after about 15 minutes. In this phase it smells slightly woody and spicy, but dominated by vanilla. This remains so in about 2 hours with slightly decreasing tendency.
Where then some evaluators think that there is nothing left, this fragrance starts to become really interesting and extravagant for me. It is then after 2 hours not so strong anymore but it begins to unfold its true beauty. Its spiciness and its slightly rough upper note let go exorbitantly and it remains a sweet - vanilla - chocolaty - warm scent, which now has a very restrained intensity and this is exactly what makes for a balanced and well-composed scent for me. This was also the time when I read my very small collection again and removed fragrances like Le Male from J.P. Gaultier and Joop Homme from Joop, as I now found them rather simple, average and intrusive.

My conclusion:
Very clear purchase recommendation for everyone who likes high-quality, sweet - spicy vanilla fragrances. The price measured by the quality and extravagance of this fragrance is entirely okay.

My tip:
The most beautiful phase of this fragrance is after about 1 to 2 hours.
To test this, proceed as follows:
> spray on the wrist and let it dry
> if dry, then second spray on the same spot
> when the intensity starts to decrease after 2 hours,
then breathe warmly against the spray area and immediately smell at those

VG from hedgehog nose
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Steini23
Special, lame and unnecessary!
Actually, there's not much to say. I like the smell and it goes down well. He's got something! The fragrance is of course very sweet but in a form that still looks masculine! You gotta get it right first. Which is a shame, though. SILLAGE and STAINABILITY........I just don't understand how cheap fragrances like JOOP HOMME, LAGERFELD CLASSIC and CO. can make the whole room and half the city smell like this and a fragrance like Tom Ford Noir Extreme has no power. It smells great but what does a Eu de Parfum bring me, which I put on, go out and after a few hours nothing is left? A lot of people say it's the perfect scent for a date. Yes the perfect scent for Netflix and chill, if you can spray the scent over and over again but nothing more. A Eu de Parfum that doesn't deserve the name!
6.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Liebermann
The fireworks in a deep black night
I remember when I sprayed Noir Extreme for the first time in a perfumery. So sweet and so floral, that can't be a pure men's fragrance,' I thought when I sniffed at my wrist at the time A few weeks later - I had tested Noir Extreme again and again in the meantime - it was clear: This fragrance won't let me go. A bottle of it must come from, and fast!
To my original assessment I would like to say: Even if some of the spices try to push the fragrance in a more masculine direction at times, I classify Noir Extreme as suitable for unisex. The ladies variant seems to me to be superfluous against this background.

What is the best way to describe Noir Extreme?
Surely I could go through the notes from the fragrance pyramid, and indeed: No other fragrance can I smell the individual components in head, heart and base note as clearly as here, each of high quality and naturalness.
But I prefer to think of Noir Extreme as an opulent scent firework in a deep black, clear night, drawn high up into the sky and yet floating so close to my own body. Introduced by a fruity, spicy start, its climax is characterized by a melange of creamy sweetness, refreshing flowers and tame smoke, before it ends leisurely with a vanilla bedded on wood.

With regard to shelf life, there is only positive news to report: Eight hours and more are effortlessly the order of the day for me, mind you with a moderate dosage of three spray shots. Projection and Sillage are also above average according to the reactions I have received from bystanders so far. Compliments are inevitable with Noir Extreme. To the truth belongs also, however, that the smell of some nose could be even a trace too pleasing.

There are minor points of criticism with the bottle: it looks fine, but is nothing special. The lid is made of lightweight, cheap plastic like the other fragrances of the Noir series and fits - at least with my model - more bad than right. For a fragrance of this price class also not appropriate are minor scratches and flaws in the glass of the flacon, which unfortunately are present in my specimen.

There are plenty of occasions to wear Noir Extreme; due to its opulence, of course, preferably on cooler days. However, I think that you can wear the fragrance with reduced dosage on a summer evening or even in the office. But I prefer to save it for occasions for which it seems predestined: to create fireworks in a deep black night. Over and out.
4.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

IamCraving
Just a little bit in love
Mmm
It's so nice to be alive
When you meet someone
who bewitches you
Will he be my own
Or did I just fall a little bit
a little bit in love?

Only a small excerpt from the wonderfully nonchalant yet very ecstatically trilled Julie Andrews song. As it sometimes happens, Noir extreme is for me a fragrance that has become a person. None really existing, that would be boring ;)
Two years ago, at a time when wild nights in the smoke of cigarettes of drunken multi-seminarity mixed with color in the cheeks of driving theatre and opera evenings, N. was my constant companion. His breath always has something sweet and matte, a sweet and doughy sweetness, as if his mother were a confectioner and he was still the little boy who, between romping and dozing, stole a piece of cinnamon bun. His hair has a bronze sheen, his forehead is serious, his mouth slightly mocking, his grey-blue eyes testify to deep humor. He is a restrained companion who does not speak often, but when he opens his clearly defined lips, his statements are of unobtrusive wisdom. N. radiates a quiet eroticism through that same restraint and his attentive, often youthfully astonished observation, which struck me only late, but from which I could then no longer escape.
His touches are addictive, his scent is as soft as the black cashmere turtleneck sweaters to which he sometimes wears narrow golden rings, always two on one hand. Oh, his hands! The strong milk-coffee-brown smooth back, then the firm yet delicate fingers that could belong to a clarinettist! I rave about appearances. That's not good, but they will be more than that, more and more sparks will sting and caress my inside as I inhale into N.'s present. We're sitting in the foyer of the State Opera. He looks at me seriously and for a long time. A smile can sense itself. It's the color of caramel. Do I fall a little bit in love?
8.0 9.0 9.0 6.5/10

Pressboard dessert?
One of our more famous/notorious commentators received a hefty scolding when he wrote (analogously) that these Americans simply had too much space in their country to do justice to the difficult stratifications of European urban life. I am now one of those people who can gain a lot from such hard crowbar aphorisms as stirrups of thinking "prima facie", as we live in a time of aversion to judgement and - in the literal sense - indifferent relativization of everything and everyone (at least on certain levels). And in the case of Noir Extreme, there are some arguments for the above assessment, as I find:

It's good and good that an attempt was made here to recreate an exotic dish, Kulfi, in an olfactory way. I don't know if it was a success (never eaten), but I was happy about a successful gourmandism during the test, which was a little bit puffed up and space-filling, but never overfeeding. Nevertheless I was tired of it (like Black Orchid from the same house) after a while. For the price, *cliché mode on*, the suspicious European wishes for a somewhat more interesting, multi-layered fragrance. Of course, the dessert the perfumer is aiming for contains some ingredients (and you can smell them, too, see other comments on this fragrance), but the impression of the long-lasting heart note is a rather brutal, monolithic one.

And the base? Woody. But what kind of conception of wood was on which this was based? Moist, incompletely burning campfire? After the Kulfi had completely moved away, it became even clearer: DIY store, service area where kitchen worktops are cut to size, sawdust. Dry, harsh and a bit cheap, not unlike fiery plastic. MDF dust on the back of my hand, as if I had been standing at the circular saw all day.

What makes you think that? Are these the residues of components that were necessary to compose the dessert note (are there not yoghurt manufacturers who work with wood to produce the sweet-fruity overall impression?)? Like impressive, paper-thin film backdrops that are turned into small pieces of wood at the end of the shoot. In this respect, Tom Ford perhaps really makes perfect Hollywood fragrances!
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Oh, yeah....
Yesterday at this time I was in Berlin at the HBF and used the time before my train came home to sniff a bit at Douglas.
Tom Ford fragrances seem to have taken a liking to me, but meanwhile 4 of them have come in my wish list.
I actually wanted to try the Noire again, but my choice fell on the Extreme Noir.
This was also a wise decision in my eyes.

It might be the wrong time of year at the moment, because I think this fragrance fits wonderfully into the winter, it reminded me a bit of Christmas, but I had about 4h to study this fragrance in the ICE. Even later at home I was able to perceive it well.

I was already thrilled after the first touch. It became vanilla and sweetish, but very very noble and everything fitted together well, the spices and the cardamom and the flowery one, which still stood broadly in the background. Despite his sweetness he is very manly and yet soft.

He wrapped himself around my neck and completely surrounded me. So I imagine a good perfume.

I really enjoyed this scent all the time yesterday and if you were sitting on the train, reading a bit, or working on your laptop anyway, I could do it with a wonderful Sillage.

So it has been a nice experience until the end with the result that this fragrance then came in the wish list and on the note from autumn is right at the front.

It holds very well and has a good Sillage, which only entitles to the purchase and this has earned its justification in the highest measure.

Sweet Noir...
I have only tried the Eau de Parfum version of Tom Ford - Noir. I can say that the original in Eau de Parfum is stronger than this fragrance. Although this is labelled "extreme" I don't get anything loud here.
What I do get, is a sweet, spicy woody oriental, which is very well suited to cooler weather. I personally would wear this to work or formally. I can see it being worn at night or even on a date. I love the ambery, resinous vibe mixed with the pistachio etc. However I wouldn't consider this a gourmand in an overt way. It's subtly sweet. I pick up some peppery like nutmeg and woods too. I think it's blended together well but feel it's performance slightly lacking. I do think it's more versatile than people think it is and I think in the right setting this could work very well. It's one to have around for the right occasion.

Misnomer
I have seen sharp criticism of the naming of this 'fume. I could not agree more: to call it ~Noir Extreme~ is positively misleading & even a borderline trade-description matter! It ought to be in a pink bottle & named ~Candy~ or something like that.

But I do like it. It's certainly one of the most original 'fumes I have encountered - possibly more so even than Cartier's ~Baiser Fou~, which I have recently praised extremely highly for its originality.

I will now apparrently somdel contradict myself. The opening is lush & cosy - those things to an ^extreme^ in fact (there's the contradiction). And it is rich: the overwhelming impression is of rich, lush, cosy leather. But it is a really ^very^ non-linear 'fume: it metamorphoses thence into a ... well, I don't know what the name is for its genre, or whether there even is one, as it is at this stage that it really begins to shine originality-wise. The aroma at this epoch of its life-cycle brings to (at least my) mind the suggestion of ... lemonade! Not that it smells ^like^ lemonade (I have been here before & no doubt will again; and I cannot stress this strongly enough, how a 'fume can olfactorily °evoke° a thing without actually smelling ^like^ it). Yes, it °conjures° or °evokes° the aroma of lemonade! (It is undoubtedly the cardamom that is largely the substrate of this effect, but with somehow, by perfumistric sleight-of-hand, a cunning °teasing-out° applied). And that's alright, as I'm not actually smelling ^of^ lemonade ^per se^; and the entirety of the fragrance is nevertheless a ^proper^ fragrance. It is ^undoubtedly^ a gourmand fragrance now; but It does nevertheless still retain a great deal of the character it puts forth at its opening, but strongly transfigured gourmand-wards.

And it really is a ^very^ original fragrance at this stage. It might seem from the foregoing description that it is essentially a gourmandy gimmick, but it is not! One never feels other than that one is wearing a proper bona-fide perfume.

And there are certain ancilliary effects entering in also, which, though subtle, are contributing more than proportionally to their sheer strength - such as a °freshly-laundered-linen° muskiness that wanders here and there gently fluttering its kerchief; and other delicacies I can't quite pin-down, lending further complexity & intriguery to this altogether quite delectable & extraordinary fragrance.

... several hours later ...
You could be forgiven for refusing to believe that I have not read ~K1~'s review until just now. But now that I have read it, I do concur that it's very °medicinal° in its aroma, but more so at the beginning, and not really very much in the later stage. Don't know in retrospect why I didn't think of the 'medicinal' figure.
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Smellnsouk
Hard and Soft at the same time !
I never had a perfume like this before. Fragence is very good and smells hard in the beginning but is not disturbing others or yourself as it gets a bit soft/sweet afterwards.
10.0 1.0 4.0 1.0/10

RajeshKumar
Smells special and good. But not long lasting and no sillage
Two days before I made a blind buy on this perfume because I saw lots of youtube reviews which says Noir Extreme is awesome, special, manly and Beast. The shopkeeper does not had a tester for this perfume so again I have to make a decision for blind buy. The projection is very poor so that someone has to rub his nose on my body to smell it. In my office, nobody told me a single compliment about this perfume even after I sprayed it 6 times on my pulse points !

Carlitos01 10 months ago
Noir Extreme is a more sophisticated and somewhat sexier version of Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb. It smells expensive and rich. Simply unique!+4
10.0
Toreter 11 months ago
A sweet suede flower-milk-vanilla-rose-amber combo. Starts femenine and evolves more masculine.Sweet smooth and comfortable. 8/10+1
Jazzy76 12 months ago
Black bottle and black soul! Oriental resinous with an unexpected flowery heart, it's a wonderful jus for her too!Good sillage. I love it
JoaoMartins 13 months ago
Delicious scent. Below average performance. Good for a cozy netflix sesh :D+1
5.0
6.0
PBullFriend 2 years ago
Loathsome powdery vanilla/orange blossom over men's cologne. Gave me a headache. Scrubbed.+4
5.0
2.0
Hermesh 4 years ago
Everything creamy: vanilla, ambery sandalwood that interacts with mastic, even the spices. 'Extreme' goes hin the direction 'heavy'&'sweet.+2

Amberlastig und süss aber nicht vom Goldbarren
by TomLavender
by Ayhabibid
by eBOSS
by eBOSS
by BlackbirdHH
Tom Ford is the king of marketing, this being not special you pay what it is worth
by Lobogaust
by Lobogaust

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford