Noir de Noir 2007 Eau de Parfum

Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 64 in Unisex Perfume
Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notesFloral notes Black roseBlack rose Black truffleBlack truffle
Base Notes Base NotesMossMoss OudOud PatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.05.2022.

As of 2021 .... STILL the Best Tom Ford Creation
When Tom Ford created the private blend line i wonder sometimes what did he envision. I've noticed that many people that dont assosiate themselves with the fragrance world find Tom Ford's fragrances "weird" .I feel like its their way of saying they are over done. Thats the thing with TF ,fragrances with rich notes, and amazing blends of ingredients that you would never imagine they would match.Fragrances that with time change as more notes pop out as the day goes by. But here we have Noir De Noir the prime example of an amazing blend ! The rose ...the saffron ...the truffle , I have yet to find something better.Black Orchid parfum came close with the truffle ,but nope Noir De Noir remains the king .Silage and Longevity is something we do not need to talk about ,its incredible,this fragrance lasts all day and projects to a 2-3 foot range for 8 hours at least. The scent on the other hand is something addictive that makes me want to take more sniffs so I can absorb and comprehend all its notes ,the analogies and what stands out to me the most .For about 1 hour all I can smell is the Saffron ,hints of Truffle and Rose and with the combination of floral notes. After that ,all the hints i mentioned pop out more with the oud and vanilla setting in and making it a more intimate fragrance .In my opinion its one of the best Unisex Fragrances. Sometimes I wish it was moved to the signature line so it could recieve a revamped parfum version .I really like its DNA and with a modern take i believe it could be a major hit on the market .

Essential !!!!
I will do not be in lace with this Noir de Noir...
It's a real olfactive killer, one of the best TOM FORD of the Private Blend collection.
As much acclaimed by women as by men. (Although in my opinion more masculine than feminine).
Noir de Noir is the perfect combination, the meeting of the dark, the sensual, the opulent...
This generous enveloping oriental warmth, rich in feminine floral essences, masculine pragmatism...
The fragrance consists of saffron, rose, vanilla, patchouli, Oud, crocus flower, oak moss and black truffle.
Imagine a very dark rose, dip it in melted dark chocolate, add a little earthy side, a touch of Oud, vanilla and patchouli, and you will get Noir de Noir.
A delicious combination of ingredients that make this juice a wild, dark, earthy, velvety, deep, sexy...
The perfect mix for a romantic date.
Just avoid wearing this Noir de Noir with jeans, tee and sneakers... A certain outfit is required with this kind of olfactory magnificence.
However, be careful with the sprayer.
For me, a maximum of 6 sprays is more than enough, otherwise you will feel suffocated.
It's not an office scent, as it will be difficult for you and the people round you to concentrate on work.
I will rather classify this juice in the perfumes to wear in autumn/winter.
In terms of sillage and longevity, it's simply phenomenal !!!!
And even after several days on the clothes, you will still detect a sweet smell of truffle and patchouli.
From morning to evening, the first 4 to 6 hours are heavy and penetrating, and we can follow you without any worries.
Then, the softness makes its appearance, and the fragrance arises, are more softens to be as close as possible to the skin, and this for 8 to 10 hours...
The last hours of drying are of a succulent powdery softness...
But make no mistake, you will not go unnoticed, because this Noir de Noir is the Phantom of the Opera in a bottle !!
A true masterpiece, made of a delicate black lace, a note of powdery rose, and an irresistible dark side...
Young people on the other hand sorry but you will have to wait a few years before appreciating this Noir de Noir at its true value.
Conclusion: One of the best fragrances in the Private Blend collection, in my top 5.
A sober class and a certain sophistication emerges, with an above-average longevity.
Don't try it, you might end up adopting it.
My rating: 10/10

Intoxicating
I love everything in NdN. Deep, spice, woody, rose, chocolate scent, very intoxicating. The transition from the top note of “bright” saffron to truffled roses is so smooth. To me, the first 30 minutes of this perfume are the most interesting. During the dry down, you lose the sour note of red wine and finish with a lovely soft rose and slight earthiness in the background. A very sophisticated scent. It’s very unisex because to me the wearer is already confident in who they are and this fragrance enhances and plays into that confidence.

Masterpiece.
Bête Noire - The Dark Creature
Noir de Noir is a bête noire for me, a dark beast of indeterminable species.
However, I can tell you what Bête Noire is all about.
Bête is pretty creepy with her many facets.
One moment it laughs at you with a mischievous look, quite bluntly charming and unsettling.
The next moment it gives you elation and lifts you into another sphere - creating a sense of security.

I introduced it to my mother, on my skin and on hers. One note bothered her. She described it as stale meat and she immediately became uncomfortable. My one is lucky not to perceive this. I do like to detect a subtle metallic, cool iron note (as in blood) though. Would be curious if anyone else perceives this.

Aside from that particular scent, it's a gourmand scent for me, with facets of dark chocolate and subtle rose, with spicy-sweet nuances and equally subtle earthy patch notes. Oud is not a player here - in sum, everything very finely tuned and of high quality.

So is this beast flesh and blood like us? No. There is an aura of elegance, grandeur and yet this fragrance seems to pass perfectly as a feel-good, cuddly scent - I at least could bathe in it! For next fall/winter, this scent is high on my wish list. 10/10.

Noir Sleeping Beauty
Noir perfumes exude sophistication and seduction. The color black symbolizes mystery and mysticism. It absorbs all spectral colors and leaves no room for light. It's the ultimate color for a classic sleeping beauty.
Black perfumes have a mysterious nature, awaken our senses and increase the anticipation of what's to come. Noir de Noir is an inky black night of darkness. We know the night is made for fun, and so does this scent. It has the power to take you to the dark side. Once you feel its seductive darkness and the veil of mystery, you can never go back. For me, this is one of Tom Ford's best fragrances. I use it a lot and consider this perfume unisex.

It is a very well mixed floral and spicy oriental fragrance ... and quite black. I still don't know whether to call it a dark or semi-dark scent. It can be semi-dark because it gives you some faint colors when showcasing its subtle floral tones. But it is also pitch dark when it fills you with its somber black tones. This blackness completely outlines this perfume and its evolution. It just seems perfect the way it is.
The perfume opening is very smooth, like someone slowly approaching with slippers on. Soft and intimate saffron begins this fragrance journey, a bit leathery and bittersweet. This note persists for a while, but the fragrance development surprises us with a powerful, dark, and enduring rose that lasts for almost the entire life of the fragrance. The rose note gives you nuances of powder and black woods. It's a dark, dirty, and woody special rose ... wonderful rose! I am not a fan of rose scents, but I really like this composition. Presumably, due to the truffle note in the heart, the dark rose scent is underlined with musky, earthy, and sharp accords.
The base sets a peaceful oud frame with earthy patchouli and slightly sweet vanilla, while the dark, somber rose lingers for quite a while. The agarwood note is not noticeable and plays a background role in the shadowy development of the fragrance. Over time, the dry down becomes a little sweeter and more powdery.
#Noir de Noir gives a strong impression of class and sophistication. It has above average longevity, but only average projection. It's probably correct for this upscale fragrance. Excessive projection could be annoying.
I have a weak heart for these types of obscure scents and find them very alluring. However, the world is not perfect and not everyone likes this scent. It probably has as many haters as it has lovers. Many people reject the subtly overlapping shadow that is present in all phases of this fragrance. After all, "cést un parfum noir de noir" (it is a black made of black perfume).
The only concern is the price! I can only call it quite expensive if there is a very well mixed similar fragrance. It's #Armaf Club de Nuit Intense for Women and it costs 15% of the Noir de Noir price.

Let's make my Noir de Noir Eau de Parfum opinion clear with ratings:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Opening: 10.0 (saffron and black rose; amazing)
DryDown: 10.0 (earthy patchouli, a little vanilla sweetness, and fine oud in the background; perfect)
Longevity: 9.0 (3 sprays can last 10 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet, and 2 hours of projection with 3 sprays)
Exclusivity: 9.5 (an almost unique perfume)
Portability: 7.5 (avoid warm or hot weather)
Versatility: 7.5 (Perfect for an evening or a formal occasion. Very good for intimacy and leisure. A little too strong for the office. Avoid any kind of sweaty situation)
Praise: 8.5 (It's a compliment magnet for any dark fragrance lover)
Quality: 9.5 (high-quality ingredients, solid bottle, good atomizer)
Presentation: 8.0 (the traditional Tom Ford Private Line bottle)
Price: 7.0 (the 100 ml tester costs 115 € in various net retailers; standard price is $ 250.00)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall grade: 8.59 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- greater than 9 = don't miss it;

Opinion: A bottle filled with charm and seduction.
Don't buy it blindly. It's too expensive so give it a try first.

Music: Deep Purple - Black Night
Shadows, darkness, acceptance...
// In the shadow of myself, I dimly recognize a figure. Is it you? Is it the memories of you? Of us? We both know this path was inevitable. We both know that, don't we?

I often think back. Of those days. How they once were and how they will never be again. I want you to know that I will never forget how you were there when no one else was.

// In the shadows of myself I recognize a shape, it takes form. Yes, it is the memories of us, I can see them, perceive them, feel them. But I know that times are different now. I must let go.

YOU made me the person I am today. I wouldn't be me without you, you know You are a part of my heart and letting go of that anchoring is out of the question. No, I'm not letting you out of it again, you hear?

// In the shadow of myself I recognize you, yes, it is you. You are there, I can perceive you. You stand before me, I often think of how it would have been. How it might have been.

WE are no more, but one thing is certain. Nothing will ever be able to change our story, it is our story. Every story ends sooner or later. We knew it had to come to this. We knew that, didn't we?

// The darkness projected by the shadow of myself transforms, the first accents of light gather and illuminate what was not visible before. The present has me again.

I love Noir de Noir. Hardly any fragrance can trigger emotions and feelings of this kind in me. Like once the foot tendon of Achilles from Greek mythology, this fragrance is my sore spot. The first time I put it on, I felt tears well up in my eyes. Never before has a fragrance triggered something like this in me, and it took me a long time to understand why it is the way it is. Today, unfortunately, I can no longer use Noir de Noir. The scent has helped me come to terms with and process some of my past, but certain things should be left where they are so as not to make oneself vulnerable over and over again. Noir de Noir is present, I detect a fresh cut rose that comes with an accord of vanilla sweetness. Saffron from the top note shows up for a brief moment, but fades away fairly quickly. Again and again the fragrance rises and tickles the nose, but at no time does it slay you. Roses and more roses ensnare the olfactory nerve. In the drydown, the rose slides back more and more, letting the vanilla note take over. The combination and transitions from top to heart and base notes are simply beautiful. Noir de Noir is a masterpiece, olfactory great art. Several times I had the fragrance already in the shopping cart, but I can not buy it. I know it wouldn't do me any good because of my memories, so I now lock the box containing my thoughts and emotions with this comment. This way I feel like the scent is always with me, but dosed in a way that I can handle.
Forever.
Close your eyes. Lights out
The scent is pulling my legs out.

So dark, grounding, warm, elegant and compöex that I fell madly in love.

Plus a kind of vinyl in the top note like Oud Wood, but it quickly gives way.

The base has me so captivated that I get soft knees.

An absolute enlightenment for rose/patchouli lovers with a penchant for darkness.

Unfortunately Tom Ford, so that will probably be diluted soon too and replaced in the range by some almond nonsense.

Very Sensuous & Romantic Perfume
Noir de Noir is an absolute masterpiece in modern western perfumery. It is THE essence of Tom Ford’s bold and groundbreaking works with the Private Blend line. NDN is all about balance, taking two extremes and placing them steady on a needlepoint.

It’s a play of femininity and masculinity, western practices and eastern traditions, a contrast between various shades of darkness and somehow giving those facets colors and dimensions. The dark black rose against the truffles and patchouli create a symphony highlighting the balance between sweet and dry, floral, yet earthy, rich and decadent, but never excessive and weighty. It’s a work of two composers, harmonizing gloriously and what a joy it is to be able to wear this creation!

At first encounter, I absolutely did not like it at all! It was overbearing and too much to handle for a newbie like me years ago. So if you’re new and not into it don’t be too hard on yourself, despite all the praises here. As with almost all of my absolute grails, it never loves at first sniff. It was more a gradual dissection of each facet and appreciation for how they were integrated together to produce this wonderful creation that allows me to understand what this is. I’m planning on taking my flacon and large bottle to the grave, so I’ll also be smelling excellent in the afterlife too...
Vogue2011
Is dark black the new BLACK?
Noir de Noir, Black by Black.

Sometimes you should not necessarily translate names into German, a lot of things then lose their sound ;-)

In no way has lost the already very good NOIR by Tom Ford in the NOIR DE NOIR variant! On the contrary! I find the darker black variant ( ;-) even better than the lighter black.

In my nose gather especially the vanilla and truffle scent (Aha, not only sweet junkie when 's about food but also when smelling) ...

Noir de Noir is for me an everyday companion, and although as an eau de parfum already with proper radiation also suitable for's office (OK, I have very dufterprobte colleagues), but especially find him the girls very nice :-)

Mission: BE SWEET! Successfully completed ;-)
Not extraordinary, but beautiful
I liked Noir de Noir from the beginning. But he is so completely different from what I usually like. He is not extraordinary. He has nothing animalistic at all and is rather sweet. But the sweetness is very noble in an elegant rose-oud combination. You can smell the oud quite well, I think. The sillage and the durability are comparatively strong. I feel very comfortable in this fragrance.

HermeshHermesh 5 months ago
Oud and spices, skillfully staged by vanilla and chocolaty patchouli. Truffle note surprises positively. Tom Ford-DNA is good to smell.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 6 months ago
A sensual and enveloping scent with rose and patchouli. Good longevity, moderate projection. Not the best from TF but very alluring. 3/5
RisingChaosRisingChaos 11 months ago
Offputtingly pungent on paper, pleasant on skin. Dark, sexy rose and vanilla. Nice balance between sweet and sultry. Average performance.
Blako11Blako11 1 year ago
Una de mis primeras fragrancias, ideal para invierno y citas románticas. Un festival de rosas y azafrán.
GreMuserGreMuser 2 years ago
Rose-patchouli bomb, elegant but reminds me of something my grandmother would have worn in the 80s.
OmardoOmardo 2 years ago
To me is dark and humid, like mushroom and wine cork. introverted and lovable like some broken people.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 2 years ago
A gorgeous creamy rose and oud fragrance which gives off that dark chocolate vibe. A seductive scent without a doubt.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Dark, mysterious, smooth and seductive
Just one perfume for life? It could be this one!
This is a Tom Ford I recommend!
FranknSenseFranknSense 3 years ago
It's not the best rose and oud, but it's the one I like the most. That's what really matters. I think the secret lies with the truffles.
AmberScentAmberScent 4 years ago
Noir de Noir gives a strong feeling of class and sophistication but with medium projection, the correct behavior for any superior fragrance.

by Irini
We all have a dark side ;) (was my pick for Halloween night)
by MadameLegras
You want it darker...We kill the flame
by LadyLuxifer
by Arsi
by FantOmaSS
by FantOmaSS

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford