Noir de Noir 2007Eau de Parfum

Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 27 in Unisex Perfume
Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notes, Black rose, Black truffle
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Oud, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.01.2021.

Not extraordinary, but beautiful
I liked Noir de Noir from the beginning. But he is so completely different from what I usually like. He is not extraordinary. He has nothing animalistic at all and is rather sweet. But the sweetness is very noble in an elegant rose-oud combination. You can smell the oud quite well, I think. The sillage and the durability are comparatively strong. I feel very comfortable in this fragrance.
Saffron chocolate rose
Even though I am probably the first person to use this word, it describes this fragrance best in my eyes.

Noir de Noir is a dark Rose-Oud fragrance, which starts accordingly dark.
I have to say in advance that I am not the biggest Rose-Oud fan (except Oud Satin Mood Extrait).

The dark Ford starts immediately with pitch-black roses and a pinch of saffron. After the first sprays it is quite orpulent, almost overwhelming.
The earthy patchouli, goes very well with the roses and joins after about 20 minutes noticing. In addition, a soft, sweet vanilla wants to fight its way to the fore and definitely comes to the fore. The mixture between the above mentioned fragrance components and the black truffle gives the smell of dark chocolate in my eyes. Simply delicious!

With the sillage and durability I probably have to go further. The fragrance alone has already attracted my attention by the name, which translates as "darkness of darkness". I really wanted to test it and so I ordered a bottling.

Test number one: I smelled the spray head and I couldn't believe it. "Wow! What kind of guy are you?" I loved the scent composition and I was so desperate to get into his heart. If it weren't for the damned shelf life... In less than two hours, despite generous spray bursts, the scent was gone. Nobody I asked about it could perceive it anymore. I was insanely disappointed and gave the rest of the sample to a colleague. I did not want to know anything more about Noir de Noir
A whole 2 months later, after Oud Fleur was kicked out due to a test also because of lack of durability, Noir de Noir is in my cupboard. So what happened?
In my nose, Oud Fleur and Noir de Noir smell really similar. Oud Fleur alone lacks the sweetness of vanilla and the spice of truffle and saffron.

Test no. 2: I got flashbacks from the first try and did not dare to apply the scent at all, because I already knew how it would end.
Very brave and still with a broken heart from last time I sprayed on it. The smell was again indescribably beautiful and I raved again. "Stop it, you won't smell it in an hour anyway" - said my subconscious. The new bottling lasted for 4 hours and even if that is really weak for a Tom Ford in this price segment, the addiction struck
With my bottle I can achieve approximately the same silage and shelf life as with the second filling. So how this high rating for the two points comes about is a mystery to me. 8.7 in the shelf life and 8.1 in the Sillage. In my dreams maximum!

Thanks for reading & if I have aroused your interest: Try it out if you are looking for a cuddly perfume!
DonJuanDeCat
Darkness... when I think of Batman now, everybody runs away again...
It's that time again... Every night it comes. The inhabitants lock their doors and barricade their windows with wooden planks, but that does not help them at all. Either way, it appears. There is no escape. There is no escape. And there it is again:
...Don Juan de Cat! With a devilish grin he comes running out of the forest and brings you one of his new comments, whether you like it or not, mu ha ha ha :DD

Aaaaalsoooo... Hello and welcome to a new comment from me :D
Tonight I present to you Noir der Noir by Tom Ford, which translated means darkness of darkness. No wonder my introduction sounded so somber. Even Batman isn't that gloomy (hey, I haven't mentioned Batman in my comics for a long time!), but in a comic strip he scares a gangster with the fact that the next time he catches him in a crime again, he'll eat his heart!

Well, good. Darkness... that sounds dark, doesn't it? Ever been stared at by a cat with glowing eyes in the middle of the night? They don't even seem to blink. Every now and then strange tomcats appear in the middle of the night and stare at me from my terrace door. Well, until I move, of course, because then they run away in panic again, which is a pity, but also good, because only a short time later my tomcat appears, and the bastard would only start a fight, which is also the reason why there are so few other cats around here today *sigh*
But let's get to the scent... the somber scent, mu ha ha ha ha :DD

The smell:
The fragrance starts immediately with roses and a little saffron. The roses here make a somewhat opulent, almost oppressive impression. Then it continues with earthy patchouli, which goes well with the roses. You can probably smell oud a bit, but I'm not so sure about this one. But I'm more sure about vanilla, which despite its current rather low intensity is already smellable and above all has a soft aura, so that the fragrance appears a little softer instead of being too intense with sourly intense roses and earthy patchouli.
I'm not so sure about truffles (are we talking about truffles that pigs dig up or find, or those that are in chocolates? :D). In any case, the smell is rosy, earthy and slightly sweet later on.
Even later I smell many roses and then general flowers. Patchouli is a bit milder towards the end, oud is there every now and then and the vanilla is slightly more intense as the scent becomes much softer at the end than at the beginning. Oakmoss is slightly present, so it doesn't necessarily have a classic aura, as is sometimes the case with scents containing oakmoss.
Only in the later base do the rose notes almost completely disappear, as one can then smell more gentle scents, such as above all the vanilla already mentioned, which of course now also goes very well with the still olfactory, but now much weaker tobacco scent.
All in all, Noir de Noir is a nice tobacco scent, which in my opinion could have a little less rose, especially in the middle part.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is quite good. It is not necessarily bombastic yet, but it is really quite strong, so that you are enveloped in a big cloud of scent and leave a good smelling scent tail for a good while. Therefore the shelf life is quite long with more than 12 hours and probably more.

The bottle! The flacon is as high quality and noble as ever. Together with the cap it looks like an antique column, whose design I like very much. The glass here is dark brown, with a matching gold label on the front with the name of the fragrance. As I said, a very successful bottle.

Conclusion:
Soo, let's get back to Batman first. What? You'd rather run away? Well, well,... then I won't talk about the Dark Knight any more, which would have been very appropriate for a fragrance called DARKNESS (the darkness...).

Anyway, the scent is quite good, even if it is a bit too opulent and even a bit special. Even though I'm writing now that it's still not for me (which is because I don't like rose scents that much and you can smell these flowers very well for some time), I can recommend the fragrance especially for you ladies to at least try it. Especially the roses, which actually look darker here, would be something for you ladies with darker or darker views. Like Catwoman, who likes to run through the streets in a figure-hugging vinyl and leather outfit, seducing and beating up criminals and then going to Batman to seduce him as well... and beating him up (which again proves that not only I think you ladies are crazy when you ladies are depicted as fiends in comics! he he).

In any case, Noir de Noir is for me an autumn scent, which as an everyday scent represents something different, but perhaps is more suitable for going out or at least for the evening. It is therefore also worth testing, but for me it could suit the ladies much better than the men, and yes, I mean that especially because of the mentioned, intense roses here.

Well, I would be through with that again with a fragrance and now also finish with the comment ... only to go back into the darkness, mu ha ha ha ha. But not before I have wished you a pleasant evening. Well then, see you around next time :)

PS: Oooh, the cat is staring at me again... but knowing him as I do, he just wants to get a snack and disappear again into the darkness of the night... :))
Niche or Zara
So was my tip for Noir de Noir, when I received this sample during the blind test.

When you first spray it on, the patchouli's valerian notes come towards you and you might think it's a solo note, or at least a fragrance with patchouli in its name. Light rubber notes are released and I attribute them to the black truffle. This truffle, as well as the valerian notes, soon settle and reveal something fruity. Here I was barking up the wrong tree, because I suspected rum or tobacco. Saffron and roses are the culprits, I often don't recognize them in these more opulent combinations. It soon becomes clear that this is a fragrance for autumn and winter. My nose perceives it as unisex and the sillage as medium to strong.

I immediately compare it in my head to similar warm and spicy-sweet scents that I have smelled before:

Fashion Decree agrees with the valerian-like prelude of the sample, but quickly becomes much more earthy, the flowers appear more powdery and I realize that this is not my blind sample.

Rich/Warm/Addictive is more rum-containing.

Patchouli Intense from Molinard at the beginning more fruity.

The tested fragrances in the Zara Emotion series, Ebony Wood and Fleur de Patchouli, although they have a similar basic mood, are much lighter.

The sample is now about an hour on my skin, changes, becomes aromatic. I didn't recognize oud and rose here, but together with the very soft patchouli breeze they make a nice mixture
I can't restrain my curiosity and spy on Byrd's collection, in whose raffle I won this beautiful blind sample package. "All the samples come from my collection in some way," she wrote. I didn't want to look inside before to keep an open mind, but now curiosity wins out.

Ha, Tom Ford Noir de Noir is among the bottlings, that must be it! As a niche fragrance, from Tom Ford or a well done cheap one, I have exposed him before and am a bit disappointed, should it really be Noir de Noir, it is a bit embarrassing, I had tested it 2 weeks before and found it to be portable.

And yes, the comparison with my sample confirms that it is the aforementioned Tom Ford scent. What a fun game!
(Many thanks, dear Byrd, for the great blind rehearsal)

Exinax
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
He knocked me out at the store
Thereupon I ordered a bottling, there he has already not knocked me out so much.
On some days I smell the lid and I almost get sick from the fruity-sweet gourmandism.
On other days he fits like a glove - and there he shines! Lasts forever, does not project too strongly and not too weakly and mists you with its good smell.

Just now another gush of yesterday came up, inspired me to write this comment...and reminded me that I still have to put on a fresh t-shirt.
The noble rose of Jiménez
This will only be a short commentary and only because I wanted to get rid of a thought, oh, what, I had to get rid of it!

It was a poem that came back to me the first time I smelled it. A poem whose exact wording I did not remember at first, but a little bit I still had its meaning in my mind and its melody in my ear. Noir de Noir evoked the memory of this. I can't say why, but somehow it seems to me to have something to do with this scent. I still knew who wrote the poem and where the little booklet was in my bookcase. So I thank Tom Ford for this association
I don't want to say much more about the fragrance itself, even if I am violating all the guidelines for writing perfume comments. So much has already been said to him, and in all imaginable facets. Any further description seems superfluous to me. Just a little self-reflection:

I think this composition is great and it seems that the Rose and I could become friends after all. What began with Santal Royal, which was still quite reserved, continued with the drydown of Trussardi Uomo (in the vintage version - a wonderful fragrance), now finds its preliminary climax. Even though there are still many rose scents that I scorn, this one is just great. I can't see anything dark about this rose, though. But it is truly a very noble rose, wonderfully embedded in patchouli and vanilla, perfectly coordinated ...

There! So that you can judge for yourselves whether my association of poems could have anything at all to do with this perfume, I'm reproducing it here at the end. In this spirit I wish you all a happy and carefree year 2020.
I DEFLETTERED YOU LIKE A ROSE,

penetrating fragrance.

(Juan Ramón Jiménez)

Earthy Dark Rose and Chocolate
Notes: Rose, Pachouli, Truffle, Saffron, Vanilla, Agarwood (Oud), Oak Moss

Noir de Noir (translated Black of Black) is the first fragrance from this house that I have added to my collection. After reading many reviews and scrutinising the notes, I felt confident I would at least like it if not love it. I am happy to report that I love it!

I am not sure why I waited so long to add a Tom Ford fragrance to my collection. I suppose it was because I had only ever smelt one of them in store, which I believe was either Velvet Orchid or Black Orchid, and I was not impressed. It smelt a lot like green melon to me. Also, there was a certain vulgarity attached to the house in my mind. Firstly, there was the taste-questionable ad for YSL Opium in 2000 that featured an almost nude (wearing only stilettos) Sophie Dahl lying on her back in apparent throes of sexual ecstasy. The ad offended many people's sensibilities. It is my understanding that the ad was done by Tom Ford. In much more recent times, Tom Ford launched a fragrance with the most unfortunate and vulgar name of F** Fabulous. I shudder to think the target market for this fragrance, but I was not amongst it. However, every year around the Christmas holidays I seek to add two or three new fragrances to my collection, and this year was no different. I have been interested in rose and chocolate notes of late, and so I happened upon Noir de Noir and am very happy to have it in my collection.

To my nose, NdN is an earthy, dark rose that is given a lovely, dark chocolatey coating that borders on gourmand but does not quite cross the line into gourmand territory. The truffle note provides a rich, earthy, almost mushroom-like-mustiness to the fragrance which works very well in this composition. The oud is present but thankfully very well behaved and only serves to compliment the other notes in a supporting role. I fell in love with NdN the first time I wore it, and I fall in love all over again each time I wear it. It is a rich and very expensive smelling.

NdN is probably best suited to evening wear, and will probably work best in cooler weather for most casual fragrance wearers, but as for myself, I wear whatever I want to wear despite time of day or time of year because my lifestyle and schedule permit me to do, although I realise this is not true for everyone. I find NdN somewhat formal, so it is an excellent choice for an expensive evening out with someone special. It makes the wearer feel special.

NdN is reasonably unisex, but in my opinion, it leans a bit toward the feminine. I have never smelt the original, but as it was released in 2007, I suspect it has been reformulated a few times. It is nevertheless a very impressive fragrance. I do feel this one is back up bottle worthy, too. Performance on my skin is good if applied liberally. The packaging is nice but not eye candy. Overall, NdN is very well done and worth adding to your collection if you like these notes.

I have never believed that any fragrance can make the wearer more appealing to the opposite sex, but if someone is already attracted to you, I think NdN is one of those fragrances that would enhance the person's attraction to you.

Fragrance: 9/10

Projection: 7/10 for the first couple of hours and then 5/10 thereafter

Sillage: 7/10 for the first couple of hours and then 5/10 thereafter

Longevity: 6/10

Noir de Noir Review
Noir de Noir is a great fragrance that cannot be imitated and I don't have much to add to this because everyone already knows it. I've been wearing this every time I take part in an important official event for the past six years. Noir de Noir is always new, even though it's now used to me like Oxford shoes that fit my feet, but I still find it hard to tell what notes make up this. Because every notes in Noir de Noir were not just well blended harmoniously, but also became a whole new fragrance what didn't exist. In other words, I think the only way to describe the scent of Noir de Noir is to say Noir de Noir.

There are many other great scents in Tom Ford, but among them, I have no choice but to choose Noir de Noir as the best. I hesitate to describe it as dark, heavy or sweet. Because the other sides are also strong. Likewise I can't say it is grand, seductive or sad romance. Again, the only way to describe Noir de Noir is to say that it is Noir de Noir.
DerDefcon
The harvest of the soul.
Mephisto knocked on the door of Faust, in the middle of the night, probably the night of the nights - no moon, no stars, mere darkness.
Mephisto's target is Faust himself. Making a bet already came to the fallen angel's mind, but he had a better idea to capture the soul of the fist.
As soon as Mephisto entered its premises, he presented a rose as black as the night, as mythical as the bearer himself, without any loveliness, without any sweetness, probably coming from the dark realms which the soul catcher regards as his otherwise natural habitat, as long as he is not hunting for what he is trying to buy from his host today.
Mephisto, cunning and clever as he is, did not leave it at his black rose, of course, because it was enchanted by him with an aromatic, dense, somewhat bitter spice. This spice made Faust smell as if tied to the rose, which more and more pricked its thorns into his senses, tried to take possession of him. For Faust, this spice was something new, something unknown, probably coming from faraway lands, which the mysterious visitor now supplemented with luxurious delicacies. The nocturnal rose, cold, heavy and soul-searching, then showed itself from a lovely side, flattered the fist, wooed him. Mephisto had almost completed his plan. But something was missing, because Faust recognized the trick, recognized the plan. Mephisto's hunt for this one soul seemed in danger and so he played his last trump card. He let Faust smell the intimacy that came over him again and again while hiking through the native forests. In the end, Faust's soul was decided by a little green from the moss, a little bit of wood, which was even more beautiful than that of the beeches, pines and spruces - namely a little sweetish, perhaps with a subtle hint of smoke - in addition a somewhat herbaceous aroma - Faust couldn't quite attribute it, but this didn't at all diminish his desire - and in addition the diabolical secret weapon of Mephisto - vanilla. The once so black rose didn't seem so threatening anymore. She seemed passionate, her kind rather loving and so Faust shed his scepticism and took care of the sweet thorny plant. Now she was no longer so greedy for his soul, at least for his feeling. Mephisto had reached his destination. The battle for Faust's soul was settled. A bet like the one once written by a great German poet was not necessary. Faust's feeling of having a transformed rose in front of him was merely an illusion, created by the fallen angel who performed diabolical tricks to win Faust for his rose. The illusion was perfect. Faust thought he was now dealing with a rose that was benevolent to him, but it was still of a dark, mystical nature, but encased in Mephisto's devilishly seductive souvenirs. Faust fell for her and that for a long time
Twilight-Till Rose Death
A fragrance that was a revelation to me.

Perfect in his appearance. Self-confident, somewhat eerie for others, very protective for the wearer and a little narcissistic.

The beginning is slightly fruity floral, but then turns relatively quickly into a tasty dark intense rose with vanilla and something woody, which only gets through in the vicinity.

Lasts forever (I was pushed through Molecule 01 for a full 14 hours!) and becomes a bit more vanilla towards the end, which could also be deceiving.

The Sillage is a blast. Who wants to draw a 3 meter fragrance swath, should spray him simply in the neck. Mixed with some Molecule it develops even more extreme. This allows it to flood entire rooms with a light rose fragrance, which remains a little after leaving the room.
It's a vampire to me. No Dracula, no, more like the vampire family in Twilight. Mysterious, dark, somewhat wicked, but not generally unsympathetic, but very warm-hearted as soon as one has broken through his unapproachability. The scent doesn't need any macho action. The wearer shouldn't be one either. He wants someone who knows that as a man he can smell flowery and doesn't have to smell like shower gel from a motor oil-like packaging to not have to worry about speculating about the sexual orientation of others about him. He smells like he smells and despite his darkness he shines in all colours of life.

He's one of those scents that are more than that to me. A companion, friend and emotional support. Quiet without being tired. Waking up without getting psyched. Striking and dominant, without screeching, to have to knock any scents around someone's ears and make the air stuffy.

No matter how dark the night may be, it always reflects that the sunrise will come again sometime in its development.

The beginning is the sunset, the main time is the night and at sunrise the dew wets the roses and vanilla creates an almost Mediterranean feeling.

GreMuserGreMuser 2 months ago
Rose-patchouli bomb, elegant but reminds me of something my grandmother would have worn in the 80s.
OmardoOmardo 3 months ago
To me is dark and humid, like mushroom and wine cork. introverted and lovable like some broken people.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 11 months ago
A gorgeous creamy rose and oud fragrance which gives off that dark chocolate vibe. A seductive scent without a doubt.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Dark, mysterious, smooth and totally alluring.
Just one perfume for life? It could be this one.
Best Tom Ford for me and hiper recommended!
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
It's not the best rose and oud, but it's the one I like the most. That's what really matters. I think the secret lies with the truffles.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Noir de Noir gives a strong feeling of class and sophistication but with medium projection, the correct behavior for any superior fragrance.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 2 years ago
An amazing rose with a dark chocolate patchouly undertone. There is something alcoholic that enances the rest. My favourite TF along with OW
FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
Powerful scent which makes a bold statement. Love this one.

by Irini
We all have a dark side ;) (was my pick for Halloween night)
by Heavenly85
You want it darker...We kill the flame
by LadyLuxifer
by Splashfrag12
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford