Noir de Noir (2007) Eau de Parfum

Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notes, Black rose, Black truffle
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Oud, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.10.2019

8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Noir de Noir Review
Noir de Noir is a great fragrance that cannot be imitated and I don't have much to add to this because everyone already knows it. I've been wearing this every time I take part in an important official event for the past six years. Noir de Noir is always new, even though it's now used to me like Oxford shoes that fit my feet, but I still find it hard to tell what notes make up this. Because every notes in Noir de Noir were not just well blended harmoniously, but also became a whole new fragrance what didn't exist. In other words, I think the only way to describe the scent of Noir de Noir is to say Noir de Noir.

There are many other great scents in Tom Ford, but among them, I have no choice but to choose Noir de Noir as the best. I hesitate to describe it as dark, heavy or sweet. Because the other sides are also strong. Likewise I can't say it is grand, seductive or sad romance. Again, the only way to describe Noir de Noir is to say that it is Noir de Noir.
9.0 8.0 10.0 8.5/10

DerDefcon
The harvest of the soul.
Mephisto knocked on the door of Faust, in the middle of the night, probably the night of the nights - no moon, no stars, mere darkness.
Mephisto's target is Faust himself. Making a bet already came to the fallen angel's mind, but he had a better idea to capture the soul of the fist.
As soon as Mephisto entered its premises, he presented a rose as black as the night, as mythical as the bearer himself, without any loveliness, without any sweetness, probably coming from the dark realms which the soul catcher regards as his otherwise natural habitat, as long as he is not hunting for what he is trying to buy from his host today.
Mephisto, cunning and clever as he is, did not leave it at his black rose, of course, because it was enchanted by him with an aromatic, dense, somewhat bitter spice. This spice made Faust smell as if tied to the rose, which more and more pricked its thorns into his senses, tried to take possession of him. For Faust, this spice was something new, something unknown, probably coming from faraway lands, which the mysterious visitor now supplemented with luxurious delicacies. The nocturnal rose, cold, heavy and soul-searching, then showed itself from a lovely side, flattered the fist, wooed him. Mephisto had almost completed his plan. But something was missing, because Faust recognized the trick, recognized the plan. Mephisto's hunt for this one soul seemed in danger and so he played his last trump card. He let Faust smell the intimacy that came over him again and again while hiking through the native forests. In the end, Faust's soul was decided by a little green from the moss, a little bit of wood, which was even more beautiful than that of the beeches, pines and spruces - namely a little sweetish, perhaps with a subtle hint of smoke - in addition a somewhat herbaceous aroma - Faust couldn't quite attribute it, but this didn't at all diminish his desire - and in addition the diabolical secret weapon of Mephisto - vanilla. The once so black rose didn't seem so threatening anymore. She seemed passionate, her kind rather loving and so Faust shed his scepticism and took care of the sweet thorny plant. Now she was no longer so greedy for his soul, at least for his feeling. Mephisto had reached his destination. The battle for Faust's soul was settled. A bet like the one once written by a great German poet was not necessary. Faust's feeling of having a transformed rose in front of him was merely an illusion, created by the fallen angel who performed diabolical tricks to win Faust for his rose. The illusion was perfect. Faust thought he was now dealing with a rose that was benevolent to him, but it was still of a dark, mystical nature, but encased in Mephisto's devilishly seductive souvenirs. Faust fell for her and that for a long time
10.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Heavy. Powdery. Rose
Noir de Noir is a scent that is hardly more difficult to describe in its entirety. Certainly a classic in the Private Blend Collection. Unisex to the point.

NdN is a playful concept, borrowed from wine making, to use only dark "ingredients". And despite all the almost black things in it, NdN is colorful and alive. Well, it's still dark. Are colours still bright in deep night? As I said, a difficult fragrance...

Let's start at the opening: when spraying on it is just too much of everything. It hurts in the nose as if the individual fragrances, which could not be more different, were fighting for dominance in the perfume. Every scent in it beats the 12th, but in the end the rose gains the upper hand, the scent comes to rest and finally becomes bearable. The dominant rose is not really fresh or clear like a shallow rose water, rather thick and powdery, unfortunately a bit old with hints of grandma (Therefore not a full score). But it may also be due to the combination with Ylang that it is difficult to say.

Saffron and truffles give the rose an extraordinary spice, without these being per se recognisable as such - it is simply something spicy, almost a little peppery, that resonates. Oud I can smell just as hard, at least it doesn't have that distinctive oud rot. Without a doubt, however, NdN has a heaviness and something dark, which may well be rooted in the oud. But rather it will be the large quantity of patchouli: very earthy and "thick", in combination with vanilla the impression of chocolate is created.
In the drydown only the powdery rose remains, the grandma remains until the bitter end.

Since the individual fragrances are very different, one is inclined to speak of a colorful, lively fragrance. But the spice and the patchouli ground everything to such an extent that the fragrance becomes heavy. I have the feeling that NdN could 'do more' than hold back the scents and not unfold properly.
Too bad.

The shelf life is good for EDP, 8 hours can be achieved. Not as intense as before, but that's a common Tom Ford problem. Can be exhausting throughout the day because it is very heavy and really powdery. Often portrayed as Everybodys Darling and date scent, experience has shown that it is more likely to be received with mixed feelings. Therefore, I cannot make a universal recommendation.
9.0 8.0 10.0 9.5/10

Twilight-Till Rose Death
A fragrance that was a revelation to me.

Perfect in his appearance. Self-confident, somewhat eerie for others, very protective for the wearer and a little narcissistic.

The beginning is slightly fruity floral, but then turns relatively quickly into a tasty dark intense rose with vanilla and something woody, which only gets through in the vicinity.

Lasts forever (I was pushed through Molecule 01 for a full 14 hours!) and becomes a bit more vanilla towards the end, which could also be deceiving.

The Sillage is a blast. Who wants to draw a 3 meter fragrance swath, should spray him simply in the neck. Mixed with some Molecule it develops even more extreme. This allows it to flood entire rooms with a light rose fragrance, which remains a little after leaving the room.
It's a vampire to me. No Dracula, no, more like the vampire family in Twilight. Mysterious, dark, somewhat wicked, but not generally unsympathetic, but very warm-hearted as soon as one has broken through his unapproachability. The scent doesn't need any macho action. The wearer shouldn't be one either. He wants someone who knows that as a man he can smell flowery and doesn't have to smell like shower gel from a motor oil-like packaging to not have to worry about speculating about the sexual orientation of others about him. He smells like he smells and despite his darkness he shines in all colours of life.

He's one of those scents that are more than that to me. A companion, friend and emotional support. Quiet without being tired. Waking up without getting psyched. Striking and dominant, without screeching, to have to knock any scents around someone's ears and make the air stuffy.

No matter how dark the night may be, it always reflects that the sunrise will come again sometime in its development.

The beginning is the sunset, the main time is the night and at sunrise the dew wets the roses and vanilla creates an almost Mediterranean feeling.
7.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Aglianico
Snapshot of a temptation from the past for the future
Therapist: "Then please describe to me how it came about that your thoughts were again and again about this one fragrance ... what was its name?"

Addict: "Noir de Noir by Tom Ford!"

T: "Right, Noir de Noir ... so that your thoughts revolve around this one fragrance again and again. It's got some compulsive traits. You probably know that his name means "darkness of darkness"?!"

S: "I like to call him 'deepest darkness'. Or 'deepest blackness'."

T (between interpretation and gentle irony): "Sounds a little ... depressed?!"

S: "It's Mr. Ford's fault!"

T: "Hmm... So, how did it happen?"

Silence. (...)

S: "Hmm, yeah, so, um, I picked up his name somewhere on the internet and when I passed the Tom Ford counter in a big department store yesterday, yeah, that name just came back. Plopped up in me. Do you know them, this wafting gasy scented soup, which almost takes your breath away in such department stores? Then I always wonder how much sense it makes to test a fragrance there at all. But I thought to myself: If I ever get the chance ... So I wait well-behaved at the counter, in front of me two gentlemen in Barbour jackets. I'm listening to her dialogue with the strict-looking salesgirl. 'This Uth Wutt, is he jut?' '(Longer rehearsed praise song of the saleswoman including a 'He develops differently on every skin'.)' 'Then I'll take the ma' with me, finish me a 250ml thing.'' 'Do you want one, too? Goes today' on me?' 'I don't mean no, ne?'"

T: "Please come back to the topic, our session only lasts 50 minutes ..."

S: "Ah, sorry. Well, at some point it'll be my turn and I'll ask for some sprayers of the 'deepest darkness' and the Japanese plum..." (Ignores the therapist's confusion.) "The fine mist spreads like a promise, hits the test strip... I freeze... I already suspect it, smell it, take the piece of paper with the perfume, and..." (Grins and cries at the same time)

T: "Would you like a handkerchief?"

S: "No, it's okay."

T: "Please describe to me exactly what you have felt at this moment... smells. As detailed as possible. Put yourself back in that special moment."

S: "Well, I already said: department store, soup and so on ... The one with the deepest darkness and I only really started on the evening of that day."

T: "So the Noir de Noir lasted a really long time?"

S: "You bet! He'll retreat, but he won't be out of the world in no time. That's one who stays all day. Or even the night."

T: "And what happened last night?"

S: "I cooked myself rice with vegetables and then ..."

T: "No, with you and the Noir de Noir."

S: "Sorry, I'm so sorry that I'm always so erratic in our sessions. Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me."

T: "Everything's fine. So...?"

S (takes a deep breath): "I lead the scent strip to my nose and suddenly fall through time. Outside it dawns, the night approaches, the next day, I could feel it, it would rain, I am alone, alone with the spreading darkness. And there is from the first moment a soft rose, a deep rose, I have no words for there. I... I hate roses, actually, so their smell, I can't stand rose water either. But everything's different here. I don't just like this rose scent, it draws me under its spell, it presses me to itself, so that I hide everything else. There's something else, a slight astringency, bitterness, tender, but probably it gives the rose a corset, perhaps like a very unsquaky, very dark chocolate, with some spices, yes, a very, very light spiciness, a bit like a calorie-reduced truffle praline; and there is also an unsweet vanillainess that pushes the scent into the dark season or into the evening, but an evening that is not as hot as the evenings last summer ... Can you follow me? ... This is a long-lasting, almost a little heavier, but never a floral scent suffocated by intensity. But..." (Silence)

T: "Say it out... no blinkers. This is a protected room. No one else hears what we're talking about."

S: "... but all these technical descriptions - fragrances, durability, silage, cover - do not explain what fascinated me from the first quiet moment with the fragrance, so that my thoughts start to circle it, so that I don't want it to be bottled, but a bottle, so that I almost don't care about its price, because I want it all, all close and all to myself. And I don't care if anyone else smells me or not. I just want to wear it for myself. Because... not because I want to expand my collection. Not because I think it's the most mass-appealing crowdpleasing super long-lasting mindblowing pantydropping strength-of-the-roses complimentizer, or the perfume art's last spray, or the puzzle's missing piece ... No, it's a personal scent. I think I've heard that this happens to many other people as well, albeit each against a different biographical and olefactory background and for different reasons. It is a fragrance which connects with my own history, with my past, which is not only beautiful, noble and of high quality, but above all a fragrance FOR ME ..."

T: "Hmm, mhh."

S: "... I once had a girlfriend who might have been able to sit here, even if this is not the topic. She had a poster hanging from her room door, maybe from a band, or it was just a motif, I don't remember it exactly. On it was a young woman, more like a teenager, long blond hair, open, slender figure and small, pale skin, as if she had embalmed the moonlight, in a black, tightly laced corset, full lips painted late burgundy red, the background deep black, blacker than the night, a starless sky. Her facial expression somewhere between deep pain, longing and lust, brushed over with rigid silent fear. Of course, the poster wasn't hanging in my girlfriend's room by accident. And this is Noir de Noir for me: the memory of a feeling when looking at this picture in my friend's familiar room with its special scent, the feelings between us, our finite togetherness drifting through time. Noir de Noir, that heavy, suffering, erotic, subtle rose scent could have been her scent, even if she didn't have it; and because it could have been her scent and it all meant something to me, my thoughts now revolve around it and I want it, I want it not only as a latest catch, but as something meaningful, although I can only speak for myself. Noir de Noir, Mr. Therapist, stands for passionate decay, for pleasurable finiteness. I have no better words. Maybe what I mean is beyond language."

T: "Oh so, oh so ... Yes, thank you so much for being able to open up today. I'm just afraid our time is up. For today. But as you know, one night is always followed by another day. See you next time. And watch your account balance."
7.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10

Love-hate relationship
When I first smelled the NdN on a test strip I thought "What the hell", but not in a positive sense. A heavy dark rose rose rose directly rose into my nose which woke 2 memories in me. On the one hand, it was the funeral of a good friend who had been torn out of life much too early and violently, and on the other hand to my ex-wife. She was a florist and in the back room, where wreaths and burial arrangements were made, there was always this heavy rose scent in the air. So that's it for me.
A few days later I'm standing in the laundry room filling the washing machine when a very positive "What the hell" is going on. I get the best vanilla scent I had noticed until then, mixed with a few sprinkles of patchoulli and a bit mossy. It is a uniquely warm and very pleasant, sensual fragrance. In the pocket of a jeans I find the test strip and it becomes clear to me that this is the Tom Ford which I had already written off. I must have unconsciously put the strip in my pocket and forgotten it there. Fortunately I took him with me, otherwise I would never have had the chance to experience this final.
Meanwhile I have a flacon. I still hate the start of the dark, heavy, almost oppressive rose for the reasons mentioned above. But I love the moment when the rose slowly retreats and paves the way for the first timid notes of moss, patchouli and vanilla. And even more I love this unique finale, which has nothing heavy and dark anymore. I like to wear NdN on special occasions like whiskey evenings, tastings and Scottish-Irish nights.
To put it in a nutshell, I hate whiskey. I don't like the taste and I loathe the smell. When the gang opens the 300 Euro bottle and the room immediately fills up with the smell of a fire ruin, I honestly lack any understanding of how to eat something like this. But I love the conviviality that whiskey can create. And in connection with the NdN and the smoky, partly medicinal, whiskey and peaty, boggy notes of a Guinness, something unique and wonderful emerges that can almost not be described in words.
Since there is another medium besides scents that can transport feelings very well, I will try it this way. Of course we are talking about music.
Noir de Noir starts with Haendels Sarabande (Suite pour clavecin n°4). Heavy, dark, carried and with a deep sadness but also with something solemn. This is the black rose that is so dominant in the beginning and displaces everything else.
The course then changes to Albionis Adagio in G minor. Not quite as heavy anymore, but still dark and worn when the rose ends its dominance and the first notes of patchouli and co become perceptible.
When vanilla and moss join in, Pachelbel's Canon starts in D. It becomes more sweet, softer, gentler and the anticipation of the grandiose finale of this fragrance rises.
The finale is this unique vanilla. The rose is only very faintly perceptible, no longer heavy but now lovely and very gentle and friendly, almost shy. This is where Beethoven's Silence begins for me. It is an indescribable mood created by this soft, warm and soft finale. There's something a little fairytale about it. The moment when the night ends and the twilight doesn't quite set in yet but the promise of the light in the air is to end the darkness and give hope for a new day.
Now I have written many words, but this fragrance cannot be described briefly. And just like the music, Noir de Noir is a composition, a masterpiece to which you have to open up, which takes time. Because the fragrance lasts very long and is with me, applied at noon, also the next morning still there.
8.0 10.0 8.0/10

Legendary. Attractive. Mysterious.
What attributes. My curiosity was aroused. It took a test. The bottling orders. At this point we would like to thank Maya11 for the great handling.

So get your skin on: Wow, Noir de Noir doesn't start dark at all. A radiantly tart freshness tickles the nose. Somehow..... fruity - tingling. Is that the saffron? It reminds me a little of the juicy spiciness of ginger. In any case unusual, innovative and with high recognition value. Demanding (some might call it exhausting), because this top note is impossible to ignore. If it demands attention and attention, it gives the same to the wearer*in the public environment.

But patience also pays off here. Because the unusual, almost austere entree spreads the carpet for an extremely pleasantly flowery, bitter rose. Cool with a certain severity and definitely unisex she is. Garnet red, darkly shimmering and of enviable unsweetness. The vanilla only becomes perceptible in the drydown, but the fragrance retains its tart freshness. It seems almost dry, which I would like to attribute to moss and patchouli. This rose is definitely to my taste.

Flowery but not playful.
Powerful but distant.
Brilliant, and yet so much deeper than all the roses I've known so far.

So he lingers - hardly changed - hour after hour. The Sillage, which was quite lush at the beginning, gradually withdraws and becomes pleasantly perceptible but not overwhelming. The shelf life is excellent. Words like "atomic" have their justification. On my skin, I can still see it the next day. Clothing is permanently impregnated with Noir de Noir. He has already occupied a jacket collar and scarf and claimed them for himself. Here it is recommended to use garments that are available for exclusive scenting with NdN.

Definitely a scent for the lady or the gentleman. He represents for me unagitated presence with a certain life experience and maturity, is sophisticated and distinguished.

Dark chocolate and a glass of dry red wine would be for me parallel pleasures to Noir de Noir. And despite these associations, he is also an excellent companion for me in everyday life. Whether in a meeting, at a party with guests or just for myself - if I feel like it, I get a bouquet of dark red roses. Even the woman is.

In this sense namaste,

your Schwälbchen :)
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

The Night
So far I've had my problems with roses and many other bushes when it was too much in the spotlight, but apparently a rose just has to be black to inspire me. Many thanks to the dear Zauber600, who gave me the opportunity to test this fragrance again extensively.

Since he is unisex I would like to try to describe him from the point of view of a woman and then from the point of view of a man.
I think there are differences.

Since I am a gentleman I start of course with the ladies description. Ladies First.
Description of a woman:

- I'm dreaming. Shimmering in the darkness she stands there, the little black one with the embroidered neckline and how weightless she approaches me. The night!
The air around me becomes clear, then I feel a bitter bitterness that evaporates quickly.

The night is a shadow that captures us and takes us on a journey that frees us. In her hand a rose that is so black that it seems to be made of coal, but is wetted by morning dew and freshly blossomed. Its leaves are juicy and aromatic, and its thorns are raised high.

Her lips wet with the kiss of the rose and her aura smells of heaviness. Its face, on the other hand, is as seductive as it is delicious for the finest dark chocolate.

The deepest night of life falls and I see the sun crying. Her tears fall upon us and into the nature that surrounds us. Damp wood and fields, oceans of flowers and mushrooms sprout from the ground and her hand embraces the Black Rose so firmly that she cuts herself.

She knows she has to go. At the end she will cry and soak the ground with her vanilla tears.

They will guide me through the darkness and I am not afraid. I'm alive, I'm breathing, and I know I'm gonna experience the night and enjoy it. She will be my faithful companion and visit me again.
If I often feel dark, I can only see good here.

I drop myself and draw from this treasure, I inhale you and become one with your.

So much splendour in this night, what reveals itself here, with a duration that does not want to and should not end.

Description of a man:

- Boah, GEIL!

7.0 8.0 10.0/10

What it is
Starts bright, but don't let it unsettle you. The fragrance becomes classic, velvety, heavy without weighing down, elegant. No song, one piece, more than the sum of its parts. Something new, my own.
The prelude is too bright for me, that is often so and so I decide to wait. From Tom Ford I know Velvet Orchid and Sahara Noir. Real Wumser with high concentration, but which also have unmistakable peculiarity. Self-confident, strong fragrances that don't care if they are liked or not out of arrogance or dominance - they are simple. That's about what I expect from No.3 and I'm curious what it is.
A garish start, almost like a white bloomer, but I hardly think the term, already it does not fit so right. Something sweet wobbles past, alternating with the top note and something leathery. Leather poppy. Suede poppy. Sniffing, I stick to my arm. You can indulge in this fragrance. One smells how much one cannot smell, perceive and is impressed, seeks, wants more.
He reminds me of Cuir de russie, not a sister, but it could be a cousin. Creamy, soft, elegant, multi-layered. Noir the Noir can also do what only special scents can do. It moves like the filling of a lava lamp..sometimes a little cloud of poppy, sometimes vanilla, something chocolaty, something warm-blooded..rose poppy..poppy rose..creamy, delicate poppy rose leather, oriental. If you want to test him, give him 2 hours. Let him breathe before you look, make contact.
This fragrance is rapturous, in a positive way. He makes beautiful. Maybe someday I can tell you what it is.
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

extravagant arrogance & romance
I know the super dark one from Ford through a friend who works at TF. She was present at the TF counter of an upscale department store in the city centre and I sniffed at some of the private blends in addition to the conversation. She offered to give me bottlings. Of course I couldn't refuse this offer and so I took Mandarino di Amalfi, Tuscan Leather and Noir de Noir with me on this day
Already at the very first sniff of the incense stick at the counter I found Noir de Noir extremely interesting and magically attractive. A fragrance composition I've never noticed before. But at that time I was more interested in MdA, which I bought in the meantime.

Noir de Noir, however, has always been remembered. Every now and then I take out the small glass bottle, remove the cap and sniff it as if it were cocaine. The sample has not been used up yet, because I think it is a fragrance that I cannot wear on every occasion. It is definitely intended for special occasions on special evenings. Also the designation probably speaks for it. It is a sweet-floral scent that can also be worn by men. The rose and the floral notes I perceive well. In addition there is a spicy sweetness which is not too sweet for my feelings. Moss and oud in the base add further complexity and depth to the fragrance. The shelf life and Sillage are phenomenal. On both occasions where I wore Noir de Noir so far he held a good 8h and I smelled him on myself for a long time. I don't think there's much to discuss about the bottle. The flacons of the Private Blends line I find (probably like almost everyone here) beautiful and elegant.

Although it is a unisex scent, I don't think it can be worn by everyone. This regardless of whether he pleases the respective woman / the respective man. For me it is an extroverted scent that demands self-confidence from its wearer. A fragrance that you wear in a perfectly styled outfit for a special occasion. Because the fragrance is perceived and screams: here I am, check me out!
Or you can wear it to a romantic date with your sweetheart or your wife/girlfriend, as already written below by Leimbacher (whose comments I like to read by the way). I think Noir de Noir radiates a certain decadence, self-confidence and timeless romance.

I hope that no wrong conclusions are drawn about the sponsorship of this great fragrance. For me it is a successful masterpiece, one that I will definitely buy to wear on special occasions.

Edit: This fragrance deserves a 10 of me
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

AmberScent
A black perfume of black.
As far as I'm concerned, this is probably Tom Ford's best fragrance.
I use it frequently and do consider this perfume more masculine than feminine although it is qualified as unisex. Well... it's maybe acceptable.
This is a very well blended floral-spicy-oriental fragrance and very black. I find it a semi-dark to dark perfume. It's semi-dark because it's subtle and it's dark because it has really some gloomy and black notes. That blackiness completely outlines this perfume and its evolution. I already tried to layer it with other dark and non dark scents but with very poor success in my findings so far. It seems to be perfect as it is.
The perfume opens very smoothly, like someone slowly approaching with slippers. It's quite a soft and intimate saffron starting this scent journey, however a bit leathery and bittersweet.This note does prevail for a while but the global scent evolution surprises us with a powerful rose, a dark persistent rose that sticks around almost all through the perfume life.The rose note gives you nuances of powder and black woods. It's a dark, dirty and woody accord of a special rose... marvelous!
I am not a rose scent fancier but I really like this composition. Probably due to the heart notes support (flowers and truffles), the dark rose scent is emphasized with a musky, earthy and pungent aroma.
The base notes set a peaceful oud frame with earthy patchouli and lightly sweet vanilla, but the dark gloomy rose persists for quite a while. The agar wood note is not prominent but does have a base role in the fragrance shadowy evolution.
As the time passes, the dry down becomes a bit more sweet and powdery.
The perfume does give a strong impression of class and sophistication, with an above average longevity but with an average projection. Probably it is what's correct for this upscale fragrance. Excessive projection would be annoying. The scent is not cloying. The darker accords are never to proeminent and offer an excellent near skin performance. I do consider this perfume to be very well designed and perfectly blended. I have a faint heart for this type of obscure scents and I find it very alluring and sexy.
However the world is not perfect and this scent it's not an universal pleaser. It has probably as many haters as lovers. Many people reject the subtle overlaying obscure shadow present in all the stages of this fragrance. After all "cést un parfum noir de noir" (it's a black perfume of black).
I love it and consider it a real masterpiece... La crème de la crème de Tom Ford!
There is just one concern.... its price! I can only consider it quite expensive, specially when there is a very well blended similar fragrance - Armaf Club de Nuit Intense for Women - costing 10% to 15% of the Noir de Noir price.
Nevertheless and as far as I'm concerned, this is probably Tom Ford's best fragrance.

Keep your scent high!
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Black Forest
Scentrack: The Cure - Lullaby

Although not being a rose fan, I must confess I admire how realistic and complex this rose is. A fresh rose merged with dense and dusty chocolate. Like this rose grew from the compost of moist and dark patchouli, priceless tuber and oakmoss, while viscous oud is dripping from the nearby tree.
I even like it more in the drydown, when earthy and wet base pulsates even more.
Masters Cavallier and Fremont successfully brought together two different world: heartbreaking romantics and gourmand moist of the soil. For the rose lovers this is a dream, for other close to heaven. A black forest fragrance.

Rating: 8/10
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Noir De Noir review...
Noir de Noir is a beautiful earthy rose. A bit of saffron in the beginning then the rich dark rose blooms in full splendor. Its a gorgeous fragrance, I highly recommend trying the body spray version for $60. Its also strong and lasts a long time. I can only imagine both layered. Heaven.
Super buy for winter.
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Noir or not,worths it
I've been trying to picture a man wearing Noir de Noir...i can't, a man smelling of sweet roses just doesn't work in my view,so I most def declare this one a woman fragrance.So,as I was saying the rose is the main character in the story,but make no mistake,it is the rose in it's purest form,dark red(maybe noir,why not),huge and velvety,rising in the middle of the garden.Maybe it is dipped in a touch of chocolate,maybe not,but the vanilla makes it one of the sweetest roses in perfumery.Oud? Can't sense it,but they say it was once,in the first formulations of the perfume.So what we have here is a sensual sweet rose,without any evolution along its fases,linear I may say,just a little earthy from the truffle,but is nevertheless one of the best roses perfume at the moment.
Edit** I had the chance of finding a few ml from a 2011 edition,oh my,what a difference.First,the colour of the liquid is redish brown,comparing to the clear of the new formulation.Then,you can actually sense the patchouli,but what a beautiful one.Then chocolate,and in the back of the whole mix there is oud,one that really shows up.All of this takes the rose to a whole new meaning.Superb,will hold to this small decant as long as I can(isn't that easy to be honest)

~ Noir Neutral ~
~ I have never read reviews or watched video opinions on this TF before other than what I have seen on forum replies and the chain of notes above. I have this on my arm now as I type and I am completely neutral in my initial impression of testing. Of course I get the rose, chocolate (and red wine perhaps?) and it appears to remain the same and linear in the last two hours I have worn it. It is a touch sweet as I am getting more vanilla but perhaps too rich for the type of scent I usually enjoy. The dominant rose here no doubt will be the redeeming factor for my final opinion because I do enjoy florals. It definitely smells well blended and like it's price tag, expensive! My initial impression is this could be worn by a mature, elegant, confident woman or a man of the same but not just any man. He would need to be well dressed and well spoken and with this sprayed on his lapel would be complete!
Kind Regards, Plat ~
- I have seen this mentioned in "sexy scent" threads but to my nose this is more about power and magnetism in a bottle!
10.0/10

Noir de Noire by TomFord
really it is amazing fragrance , you feel that you are a full of fragrances experience when you wear it, try it you will enjoy :)
7.5 10.0 10.0/10

Swoon worthy
If you want a straightforward, this-is-how-it-smells account of Noir de Noir you should read Flaconneur’s review (below). His description is perfect. Seriously, spot on, absolutely perfect. Not only does he list the same elements I discern in Noir de Noir but his descriptions so closely resemble my own associations (semi-sweet chocolate?!) it’s as though he’s channelled the experience straight from my imagination. Well, except that even in my imagination I don’t write nearly as well as Flaconneur. Anyway, since Flac has taken care of all that I’m going to opt for a more visceral take on this incredible fragrance.

Noir de Noir puts me into a wonderful state of sensory overload. It’s like being slightly buzzed on perfume. As a matter of fact, if I could afford to drink the stuff, I probably would. It’s a warm cloud of chocolate liquor and roses lightly dusted with cocoa talc and tinged with the sweaty, pheromone laced notes of saffron, truffles and oud.
Oh, dear lord, I'm starting to feel a little weak just thinking about it.
The scent of Noir de Noir is one of the few things in life that can cause me to swoon. Yeah, me, the guy who would otherwise be terrified of simply uttering the word “swoon” in public is swooning.
Hang on a sec, I’m still feeling a little flushed.
If you want to ratchet up the effect of Noir de Noir even more then I suggest you try this layering recipe for 'Rose Infused Grand Marnier Chocolates': Let’s say you and your significant other are going out for a nice, intimate dinner. You will, of course, be wearing Noir de Noir. Your companion, however, should wear an orange-neroli fragrance like Serge Lutens’ Fleur d’Orange.
Oh. Dear. Lord. I feel a swoon coming on…

LicoriceRain
Very tart, not enough character. Linear, nothing underneath.
The fact that it seems linear to me isn’t a problem, but it certainly isn’t good enough to justify a purchase. Plum Japonais is a much better scent, but it also suffers from weak construction. The name “Noir de Noir” is pretentious and misleading: nothing “noir” about it. In fact, I think it’s quite… bright. If I were Tom Ford, I would be embarrassed by both the scent AND the name.
5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Dulcemio
a modern rose for the modern nose
Looking at the list of notes here, I expected Noir de Noir to be an earthy gem built on moss, oud and patchouli, with some full-bodied rose for balance, and a little saffron adding exotic interest to the top notes. Instead, what I find here is just about the exact opposite of that: a sweet, sheer, unobtrusive floriental built mostly on a natural smelling rose note and some gentle vanilla. Earthy it is not.

Noir de Noir pairs rose and vanilla beautifully, and carries from top to base a hint of ever-so-slightly tart fruit that doesn't seem to be explained by the notes listed here. It is lovely, and is what all smooth and pleasant rose/vanilla collaborations should aspire to. Rochas Tocade *wishes* it were Noir de Noir. :-)

Rose is a note that I seem to enjoy most when it plays a subordinate or supportive role within a bustling ensemble. Chanel No. 19 comes to mind. Which is why I was hoping the patchouli, oud and moss would be louder in Noir de Noir, much, much louder.

For anyone madly in love with la diva Rose, however, I think it's a must-try. It's not your grandma's or your mama's rose perfume. It's young and hip and au courant.
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Dark, brooding rose
I hardly expected to find love on the tube in London...but my heart missed a beat!

The tube is a good place to encounter smells, but usually they are not the pleasant kind....this time I got lucky! A striking, long-limbed, beautiful black woman was sitting not far from me. She was captivatingly beautiful in an androgenous, artsy, Shoreditch way.

I was deep in conversation with my boyfriend when my head snapped round, my nose on full twitch... a stunning deep, treacly, oud rose with a woodsy twist filled my nostrils. The dark bottle she was holding was unmistakably Tom Ford.....but which??!! Poor girl. I hope I didn't come across as too much of a perfume psycho.

I received a beautiful bottle of Noir de Noir this birthday - some love from my love. To me this is a scent of real, deep love. Not first love or infatuation, not maternal love, nor passionate love, but intense, romantic love. Beautiful. Timeless.

The scent is blended to perfection & smells like liquid gold pouring over molten woods & love letters scattered with the darkest of rose petals. The oud is present, but not over-powering & the deep, ambery sweetness is tempered by some patch-love & an earthy herbal twist. I am an oriental-lover & chypres can sometimes turn my stomach, but when they are done well I tend to adore them. Noir is mixed perfectly.

Great sillage & lasting power - but not to the point of vulgarity. Just enough evolution & interest to keep you on your toes but not so much as to be loud, unclassy or confused. Inky black with a touch of scarlet, flecked with gold leaf. “The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.”

A dark beauty & a real heart-stealer.

Carlitos01 48 days ago
Dark, mysterious, smooth and totally alluring.
Just one perfume for life? It could be this one.
Best Tom Ford for me and hiper recommended!+7
10.0
FranknSense 118 days ago
It's not the best rose and oud, but it's the one I like the most. That's what really matters. I think the secret lies with the truffles.+5
AmberScent 13 months ago
Noir de Noir gives a strong feeling of class and sophistication but with medium projection, the correct behavior for any superior fragrance.+5
DavidBraz 13 months ago
An amazing rose with a dark chocolate patchouly undertone. There is something alcoholic that enances the rest. My favourite TF along with OW+5
10.0
Farouha 4 years ago
Powerful scent which makes a bold statement. Love this one.+1

by Entenradio
You want it darker...We kill the flame
by LadyLuxifer
by DeJu
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford