Noir de Noir 2007 Eau de Parfum

Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 41 in Unisex Perfume
Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notesFloral notes
Black roseBlack rose
Black truffleBlack truffle
Base Notes Base NotesMossMoss
OudOud
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.09.2021.

Bête Noire - The Dark Creature
Noir de Noir is a bête noire for me, a dark beast of indeterminable species.
However, I can tell you what Bête Noire is all about.
Bête is pretty creepy with her many facets.
One moment it laughs at you with a mischievous look, quite bluntly charming and unsettling.
The next moment it gives you elation and lifts you into another sphere - creating a sense of security.

I introduced it to my mother, on my skin and on hers. One note bothered her. She described it as stale meat and she immediately became uncomfortable. My one is lucky not to perceive this. I do like to detect a subtle metallic, cool iron note (as in blood) though. Would be curious if anyone else perceives this.

Aside from that particular scent, it's a gourmand scent for me, with facets of dark chocolate and subtle rose, with spicy-sweet nuances and equally subtle earthy patch notes. Oud is not a player here - in sum, everything very finely tuned and of high quality.

So is this beast flesh and blood like us? No. There is an aura of elegance, grandeur and yet this fragrance seems to pass perfectly as a feel-good, cuddly scent - I at least could bathe in it! For next fall/winter, this scent is high on my wish list. 10/10.

Noir Sleeping Beauty
Noir perfumes exude sophistication and seduction. The color black symbolizes mystery and mysticism. It absorbs all spectral colors and leaves no room for light. It's the ultimate color for a classic sleeping beauty.
Black perfumes have a mysterious nature, awaken our senses and increase the anticipation of what's to come. Noir de Noir is an inky black night of darkness. We know the night is made for fun, and so does this scent. It has the power to take you to the dark side. Once you feel its seductive darkness and the veil of mystery, you can never go back. For me, this is one of Tom Ford's best fragrances. I use it a lot and consider this perfume unisex.

It is a very well mixed floral and spicy oriental fragrance ... and quite black. I still don't know whether to call it a dark or semi-dark scent. It can be semi-dark because it gives you some faint colors when showcasing its subtle floral tones. But it is also pitch dark when it fills you with its somber black tones. This blackness completely outlines this perfume and its evolution. It just seems perfect the way it is.
The perfume opening is very smooth, like someone slowly approaching with slippers on. Soft and intimate saffron begins this fragrance journey, a bit leathery and bittersweet. This note persists for a while, but the fragrance development surprises us with a powerful, dark, and enduring rose that lasts for almost the entire life of the fragrance. The rose note gives you nuances of powder and black woods. It's a dark, dirty, and woody special rose ... wonderful rose! I am not a fan of rose scents, but I really like this composition. Presumably, due to the truffle note in the heart, the dark rose scent is underlined with musky, earthy, and sharp accords.
The base sets a peaceful oud frame with earthy patchouli and slightly sweet vanilla, while the dark, somber rose lingers for quite a while. The agarwood note is not noticeable and plays a background role in the shadowy development of the fragrance. Over time, the dry down becomes a little sweeter and more powdery.
#Noir de Noir gives a strong impression of class and sophistication. It has above average longevity, but only average projection. It's probably correct for this upscale fragrance. Excessive projection could be annoying.
I have a weak heart for these types of obscure scents and find them very alluring. However, the world is not perfect and not everyone likes this scent. It probably has as many haters as it has lovers. Many people reject the subtly overlapping shadow that is present in all phases of this fragrance. After all, "cést un parfum noir de noir" (it is a black made of black perfume).
The only concern is the price! I can only call it quite expensive if there is a very well mixed similar fragrance. It's #Armaf Club de Nuit Intense for Women and it costs 15% of the Noir de Noir price.

Let's make my Noir de Noir Eau de Parfum opinion clear with ratings:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Opening: 10.0 (saffron and black rose; amazing)
DryDown: 10.0 (earthy patchouli, a little vanilla sweetness, and fine oud in the background; perfect)
Longevity: 9.0 (3 sprays can last 10 hours)
Sillage: 8.0 (up to 6 feet, and 2 hours of projection with 3 sprays)
Exclusivity: 9.5 (an almost unique perfume)
Portability: 7.5 (avoid warm or hot weather)
Versatility: 7.5 (Perfect for an evening or a formal occasion. Very good for intimacy and leisure. A little too strong for the office. Avoid any kind of sweaty situation)
Praise: 8.5 (It's a compliment magnet for any dark fragrance lover)
Quality: 9.5 (high-quality ingredients, solid bottle, good atomizer)
Presentation: 8.0 (the traditional Tom Ford Private Line bottle)
Price: 7.0 (the 100 ml tester costs 115 € in various net retailers; standard price is $ 250.00)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Overall grade: 8.59 / 10.00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- greater than 9 = don't miss it;

Opinion: A bottle filled with charm and seduction.
Don't buy it blindly. It's too expensive so give it a try first.

Music: Deep Purple - Black Night
Shadows, darkness, acceptance...
// In the shadow of myself, I dimly recognize a figure. Is it you? Is it the memories of you? Of us? We both know this path was inevitable. We both know that, don't we?

I often think back. Of those days. How they once were and how they will never be again. I want you to know that I will never forget how you were there when no one else was.

// In the shadows of myself I recognize a shape, it takes form. Yes, it is the memories of us, I can see them, perceive them, feel them. But I know that times are different now. I must let go.

YOU made me the person I am today. I wouldn't be me without you, you know You are a part of my heart and letting go of that anchoring is out of the question. No, I'm not letting you out of it again, you hear?

// In the shadow of myself I recognize you, yes, it is you. You are there, I can perceive you. You stand before me, I often think of how it would have been. How it might have been.

WE are no more, but one thing is certain. Nothing will ever be able to change our story, it is our story. Every story ends sooner or later. We knew it had to come to this. We knew that, didn't we?

// The darkness projected by the shadow of myself transforms, the first accents of light gather and illuminate what was not visible before. The present has me again.

I love Noir de Noir. Hardly any fragrance can trigger emotions and feelings of this kind in me. Like once the foot tendon of Achilles from Greek mythology, this fragrance is my sore spot. The first time I put it on, I felt tears well up in my eyes. Never before has a fragrance triggered something like this in me, and it took me a long time to understand why it is the way it is. Today, unfortunately, I can no longer use Noir de Noir. The scent has helped me come to terms with and process some of my past, but certain things should be left where they are so as not to make oneself vulnerable over and over again. Noir de Noir is present, I detect a fresh cut rose that comes with an accord of vanilla sweetness. Saffron from the top note shows up for a brief moment, but fades away fairly quickly. Again and again the fragrance rises and tickles the nose, but at no time does it slay you. Roses and more roses ensnare the olfactory nerve. In the drydown, the rose slides back more and more, letting the vanilla note take over. The combination and transitions from top to heart and base notes are simply beautiful. Noir de Noir is a masterpiece, olfactory great art. Several times I had the fragrance already in the shopping cart, but I can not buy it. I know it wouldn't do me any good because of my memories, so I now lock the box containing my thoughts and emotions with this comment. This way I feel like the scent is always with me, but dosed in a way that I can handle.
Forever.
Close your eyes. Lights out
The scent is pulling my legs out.

So dark, grounding, warm, elegant and compöex that I fell madly in love.

Plus a kind of vinyl in the top note like Oud Wood, but it quickly gives way.

The base has me so captivated that I get soft knees.

An absolute enlightenment for rose/patchouli lovers with a penchant for darkness.

Unfortunately Tom Ford, so that will probably be diluted soon too and replaced in the range by some almond nonsense.

Very Sensuous & Romantic Perfume
Noir de Noir is an absolute masterpiece in modern western perfumery. It is THE essence of Tom Ford’s bold and groundbreaking works with the Private Blend line. NDN is all about balance, taking two extremes and placing them steady on a needlepoint.

It’s a play of femininity and masculinity, western practices and eastern traditions, a contrast between various shades of darkness and somehow giving those facets colors and dimensions. The dark black rose against the truffles and patchouli create a symphony highlighting the balance between sweet and dry, floral, yet earthy, rich and decadent, but never excessive and weighty. It’s a work of two composers, harmonizing gloriously and what a joy it is to be able to wear this creation!

At first encounter, I absolutely did not like it at all! It was overbearing and too much to handle for a newbie like me years ago. So if you’re new and not into it don’t be too hard on yourself, despite all the praises here. As with almost all of my absolute grails, it never loves at first sniff. It was more a gradual dissection of each facet and appreciation for how they were integrated together to produce this wonderful creation that allows me to understand what this is. I’m planning on taking my flacon and large bottle to the grave, so I’ll also be smelling excellent in the afterlife too...
Vogue2011
Is dark black the new BLACK?
Noir de Noir, Black by Black.

Sometimes you should not necessarily translate names into German, a lot of things then lose their sound ;-)

In no way has lost the already very good NOIR by Tom Ford in the NOIR DE NOIR variant! On the contrary! I find the darker black variant ( ;-) even better than the lighter black.

In my nose gather especially the vanilla and truffle scent (Aha, not only sweet junkie when 's about food but also when smelling) ...

Noir de Noir is for me an everyday companion, and although as an eau de parfum already with proper radiation also suitable for's office (OK, I have very dufterprobte colleagues), but especially find him the girls very nice :-)

Mission: BE SWEET! Successfully completed ;-)
Not extraordinary, but beautiful
I liked Noir de Noir from the beginning. But he is so completely different from what I usually like. He is not extraordinary. He has nothing animalistic at all and is rather sweet. But the sweetness is very noble in an elegant rose-oud combination. You can smell the oud quite well, I think. The sillage and the durability are comparatively strong. I feel very comfortable in this fragrance.
Saffron chocolate rose
Even though I am probably the first person to use this word, it describes this fragrance best in my eyes.

Noir de Noir is a dark Rose-Oud fragrance, which starts accordingly dark.
I have to say in advance that I am not the biggest Rose-Oud fan (except Oud Satin Mood Extrait).

The dark Ford starts immediately with pitch-black roses and a pinch of saffron. After the first sprays it is quite orpulent, almost overwhelming.
The earthy patchouli, goes very well with the roses and joins after about 20 minutes noticing. In addition, a soft, sweet vanilla wants to fight its way to the fore and definitely comes to the fore. The mixture between the above mentioned fragrance components and the black truffle gives the smell of dark chocolate in my eyes. Simply delicious!

With the sillage and durability I probably have to go further. The fragrance alone has already attracted my attention by the name, which translates as "darkness of darkness". I really wanted to test it and so I ordered a bottling.

Test number one: I smelled the spray head and I couldn't believe it. "Wow! What kind of guy are you?" I loved the scent composition and I was so desperate to get into his heart. If it weren't for the damned shelf life... In less than two hours, despite generous spray bursts, the scent was gone. Nobody I asked about it could perceive it anymore. I was insanely disappointed and gave the rest of the sample to a colleague. I did not want to know anything more about Noir de Noir
A whole 2 months later, after Oud Fleur was kicked out due to a test also because of lack of durability, Noir de Noir is in my cupboard. So what happened?
In my nose, Oud Fleur and Noir de Noir smell really similar. Oud Fleur alone lacks the sweetness of vanilla and the spice of truffle and saffron.

Test no. 2: I got flashbacks from the first try and did not dare to apply the scent at all, because I already knew how it would end.
Very brave and still with a broken heart from last time I sprayed on it. The smell was again indescribably beautiful and I raved again. "Stop it, you won't smell it in an hour anyway" - said my subconscious. The new bottling lasted for 4 hours and even if that is really weak for a Tom Ford in this price segment, the addiction struck
With my bottle I can achieve approximately the same silage and shelf life as with the second filling. So how this high rating for the two points comes about is a mystery to me. 8.7 in the shelf life and 8.1 in the Sillage. In my dreams maximum!

Thanks for reading & if I have aroused your interest: Try it out if you are looking for a cuddly perfume!
DonJuanDeCat
Darkness... when I think of Batman now, everybody runs away again...
It's that time again... Every night it comes. The inhabitants lock their doors and barricade their windows with wooden planks, but that does not help them at all. Either way, it appears. There is no escape. There is no escape. And there it is again:
...Don Juan de Cat! With a devilish grin he comes running out of the forest and brings you one of his new comments, whether you like it or not, mu ha ha ha :DD

Aaaaalsoooo... Hello and welcome to a new comment from me :D
Tonight I present to you Noir der Noir by Tom Ford, which translated means darkness of darkness. No wonder my introduction sounded so somber. Even Batman isn't that gloomy (hey, I haven't mentioned Batman in my comics for a long time!), but in a comic strip he scares a gangster with the fact that the next time he catches him in a crime again, he'll eat his heart!

Well, good. Darkness... that sounds dark, doesn't it? Ever been stared at by a cat with glowing eyes in the middle of the night? They don't even seem to blink. Every now and then strange tomcats appear in the middle of the night and stare at me from my terrace door. Well, until I move, of course, because then they run away in panic again, which is a pity, but also good, because only a short time later my tomcat appears, and the bastard would only start a fight, which is also the reason why there are so few other cats around here today *sigh*
But let's get to the scent... the somber scent, mu ha ha ha ha :DD

The smell:
The fragrance starts immediately with roses and a little saffron. The roses here make a somewhat opulent, almost oppressive impression. Then it continues with earthy patchouli, which goes well with the roses. You can probably smell oud a bit, but I'm not so sure about this one. But I'm more sure about vanilla, which despite its current rather low intensity is already smellable and above all has a soft aura, so that the fragrance appears a little softer instead of being too intense with sourly intense roses and earthy patchouli.
I'm not so sure about truffles (are we talking about truffles that pigs dig up or find, or those that are in chocolates? :D). In any case, the smell is rosy, earthy and slightly sweet later on.
Even later I smell many roses and then general flowers. Patchouli is a bit milder towards the end, oud is there every now and then and the vanilla is slightly more intense as the scent becomes much softer at the end than at the beginning. Oakmoss is slightly present, so it doesn't necessarily have a classic aura, as is sometimes the case with scents containing oakmoss.
Only in the later base do the rose notes almost completely disappear, as one can then smell more gentle scents, such as above all the vanilla already mentioned, which of course now also goes very well with the still olfactory, but now much weaker tobacco scent.
All in all, Noir de Noir is a nice tobacco scent, which in my opinion could have a little less rose, especially in the middle part.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is quite good. It is not necessarily bombastic yet, but it is really quite strong, so that you are enveloped in a big cloud of scent and leave a good smelling scent tail for a good while. Therefore the shelf life is quite long with more than 12 hours and probably more.

The bottle! The flacon is as high quality and noble as ever. Together with the cap it looks like an antique column, whose design I like very much. The glass here is dark brown, with a matching gold label on the front with the name of the fragrance. As I said, a very successful bottle.

Conclusion:
Soo, let's get back to Batman first. What? You'd rather run away? Well, well,... then I won't talk about the Dark Knight any more, which would have been very appropriate for a fragrance called DARKNESS (the darkness...).

Anyway, the scent is quite good, even if it is a bit too opulent and even a bit special. Even though I'm writing now that it's still not for me (which is because I don't like rose scents that much and you can smell these flowers very well for some time), I can recommend the fragrance especially for you ladies to at least try it. Especially the roses, which actually look darker here, would be something for you ladies with darker or darker views. Like Catwoman, who likes to run through the streets in a figure-hugging vinyl and leather outfit, seducing and beating up criminals and then going to Batman to seduce him as well... and beating him up (which again proves that not only I think you ladies are crazy when you ladies are depicted as fiends in comics! he he).

In any case, Noir de Noir is for me an autumn scent, which as an everyday scent represents something different, but perhaps is more suitable for going out or at least for the evening. It is therefore also worth testing, but for me it could suit the ladies much better than the men, and yes, I mean that especially because of the mentioned, intense roses here.

Well, I would be through with that again with a fragrance and now also finish with the comment ... only to go back into the darkness, mu ha ha ha ha. But not before I have wished you a pleasant evening. Well then, see you around next time :)

PS: Oooh, the cat is staring at me again... but knowing him as I do, he just wants to get a snack and disappear again into the darkness of the night... :))
Niche or Zara
So was my tip for Noir de Noir, when I received this sample during the blind test.

When you first spray it on, the patchouli's valerian notes come towards you and you might think it's a solo note, or at least a fragrance with patchouli in its name. Light rubber notes are released and I attribute them to the black truffle. This truffle, as well as the valerian notes, soon settle and reveal something fruity. Here I was barking up the wrong tree, because I suspected rum or tobacco. Saffron and roses are the culprits, I often don't recognize them in these more opulent combinations. It soon becomes clear that this is a fragrance for autumn and winter. My nose perceives it as unisex and the sillage as medium to strong.

I immediately compare it in my head to similar warm and spicy-sweet scents that I have smelled before:

Fashion Decree agrees with the valerian-like prelude of the sample, but quickly becomes much more earthy, the flowers appear more powdery and I realize that this is not my blind sample.

Rich/Warm/Addictive is more rum-containing.

Patchouli Intense from Molinard at the beginning more fruity.

The tested fragrances in the Zara Emotion series, Ebony Wood and Fleur de Patchouli, although they have a similar basic mood, are much lighter.

The sample is now about an hour on my skin, changes, becomes aromatic. I didn't recognize oud and rose here, but together with the very soft patchouli breeze they make a nice mixture
I can't restrain my curiosity and spy on Byrd's collection, in whose raffle I won this beautiful blind sample package. "All the samples come from my collection in some way," she wrote. I didn't want to look inside before to keep an open mind, but now curiosity wins out.

Ha, Tom Ford Noir de Noir is among the bottlings, that must be it! As a niche fragrance, from Tom Ford or a well done cheap one, I have exposed him before and am a bit disappointed, should it really be Noir de Noir, it is a bit embarrassing, I had tested it 2 weeks before and found it to be portable.

And yes, the comparison with my sample confirms that it is the aforementioned Tom Ford scent. What a fun game!
(Many thanks, dear Byrd, for the great blind rehearsal)

RisingChaosRisingChaos 3 months ago
Offputtingly pungent on paper, pleasant on skin. Dark, sexy rose and vanilla. Nice balance between sweet and sultry. Average performance.
Blako11Blako11 6 months ago
Una de mis primeras fragrancias, ideal para invierno y citas románticas. Un festival de rosas y azafrán.
GreMuserGreMuser 11 months ago
Rose-patchouli bomb, elegant but reminds me of something my grandmother would have worn in the 80s.
OmardoOmardo 11 months ago
To me is dark and humid, like mushroom and wine cork. introverted and lovable like some broken people.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 2 years ago
A gorgeous creamy rose and oud fragrance which gives off that dark chocolate vibe. A seductive scent without a doubt.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Dark, mysterious, smooth and seductive
Just one perfume for life? It could be this one!
This is a Tom Ford I recommend!
FranknSenseFranknSense 2 years ago
It's not the best rose and oud, but it's the one I like the most. That's what really matters. I think the secret lies with the truffles.
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
Noir de Noir gives a strong feeling of class and sophistication but with medium projection, the correct behavior for any superior fragrance.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
An amazing rose with a dark chocolate patchouly undertone. There is something alcoholic that enances the rest. My favourite TF along with OW
FarouhaFarouha 6 years ago
Powerful scent which makes a bold statement. Love this one.

by Irini
We all have a dark side ;) (was my pick for Halloween night)
by Heavenly85
You want it darker...We kill the flame
by LadyLuxifer
by Splashfrag12
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford