Ombré Leather (2018)

Version from 2018
Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford

Ombré Leather (2018) is a new perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Saffron, Jasmine sambac
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack leather, Patchouli, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesWhite moss, Amber

Submitted by Tester2015, last update on 29.11.2019.

TillyWee
Henning Baum was yesterday!
I was looking for a heavy fragrance and was given this one by friends for my birthday. It was love at first sight!

The bottle and above all the name immediately aroused my interest. I promptly opened the packaging, tore off the lid and chased 7 splashes around my ears.
Eureka ..... Fireworks for the synapses!
The combination of leather and patchouli put me in a frenzy.
So Henning Baum must smell like this when he smokes a cigarette, wears a leather jacket and is on the trail of crime.

Two days later, after euphorically driving into the office, smelling of a new leather jacket, I only received the reaction that the windows for airing the shocks were opened every half hour.

Unfortunately, Ombre Leather has to be discussed about its suitability for everyday use.

The scent is not for weak nerves, but for strong types, so let's get there and make Henning Baum look old in his leather jacket!

Enjoy it.
6.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

HennyB93
Smells nice spicy/after new car
Great smell, but funny enough I once had a miracle tree that smelled the same. The scent is slightly different and makes the wearer something special - but why smell of a spice mixture under passenger seat heating when you get half a litre of Cool Water for the same price?
Nobel the world perishes..
7.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Leimbacher
What can work once... has a flat the second time?!
After Tom Ford hit the bull's eye with Tuscan leather for the thicker purse in his Private Collection and almost revolutionized the olfactory leather genre, he now reaches for the "normal mortals" with "Ombre Leather". Is it another leather overhit or just a shallow plagiarism of his role model/cousin? Unfortunately, I tend towards the latter, without wanting to deny the fragrance's ability and beauty absolutely.

The "shaded leather" orientates itself brachially on its Tuscan relative, softening him a good deal, making him less aggressive and thus more wearable. So who always had his problems with the black beast from the expensive TF-Line could give this more tame version another chance and, like many others (see below me), fall for it. Unfortunately, however, I cannot join the hymns of praise here. At least not entirely. I'd prefer "Tuscan Leather" every time, no ifs or buts. "Ombre Leather" interprets the black leather (or was it coca?! ;) much more grey and defensive, smoothes the edges with cardamom, saffron and feminine white-flowered flowers. The back of the soft-bright moss facets are even fabulous. That's okay overall, that's nice, you can wear that really well. But that somehow sits down at an already set table, without having anything in your hand or putting anything on it. I hope the fans of the fragrance know or understand what I mean. Maybe my expectations were too high. But good Tom's playing it pretty safe down here. What fits once is certainly not a failure at the second attempt. But you won't get anybody with it, you sly... But quite honestly and without fun: here it certainly depends on which gait you prefer.

Flacon: simple but suitable
Sillage: everyday potency
Shelf life: suuuuuper laaaange - 11 hours almost

Conclusion: an uncouraged leather-goer - dark but not strong, high quality but not special, masculine but unimaginative, a new release but not new. Also drastically stole from himself. It's a beautiful leather neck, though. For me he just doesn't live up to his hype and his evaluation here. Especially not in comparison to the in-house, paved "Tuscan Leather"
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

Powerhouse!
Bought blind about 3 months ago and had it on for the first time yesterday. I have waited extra, because I did not want to apply it in summer, of course, he is not really suitable for that in my opinion.

The fragrance has already been described sufficiently here, so I can sign everything. I find it the way it is, also quite simple (simple and very good), doesn't need much execution at all. With me the leather probably does not disappear so fast, as reported here & there, that remained quite long well perceptible. I really like the smell, I wouldn't recommend buying it blind (the way I did it), because you have to get along with the leather, you have to like that.

I find durability + Sillage very excellent. He kept on my skin loosely for more than 10 hours, even after the shower he still noticed it lightly and pleasantly. I also found the fragrance cloud pleasant and not intrusive with 4 splashes. I have been able to catch a compliment, so it may also have been noticed.

All in all, I am very satisfied here
8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Varipoint
An experience of consistency and durability
As a newcomer to the world of perfumes, I recently had my awakening experience with an old master of the classic fragrances and licked blood with it. Now there should be a more casual scent. Ombré Leather lit the fire immediately:

A fragrance with a woody leather note that is versatile in its wearability, caresses my sense of smell and is not disturbed in any phase by nuances that are "foreign to the subject" and distract from it. A remarkable consistency of the fragrance, which does not develop long from here to there, but remains the same linearly from beginning to end. Whereby it still has an enormous durability and for me it is still clearly perceptible after 24 hours and just pleases me. Its outstanding durability also puts the high price into perspective at first glance.
8.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Love on the second Riecher
I discovered the smell before the flight into the summer vacation and at this point most of you here can probably imagine what is going wrong now.
I sprayed 2 times on the back of my hand, stupidly rubbed it and from then on it was more a fascination than love. About the fact that this scent projected so incomprehensibly and smelled like a leather jacket in the drizzle the night over at the campfire was lying.
The people in the plane must have hated me, the Greeks at 36 degrees too and my girlfriend only had bad looks left for me.
But after I bathed 2 times in the sea, washed my hands a few times and had a shower in the evening I could still smell him in bed.
I have researched the performance and unique disgust and noticed that many people think it is the traditional sweet brother of Tuscan leather.
Actually, 2 weeks later I noticed a sweet version of the ashtray leather jacket at an event and since then I've been in love and granted it to me.
He smells smoky and sweet, but I still wouldn't recommend him for women. Neither closed rooms, the Sillage is the first 3 hours brutal.

Leather in the shade!
He's so chic, black and unisex? My friend tested it and bought it one day later, although it is otherwise difficult to inspire him. He said I had to test the scent, too, so I did it today I really wanted to like this fragrance, honestly, just because it made my partner so enthusiastic. It also doesn't smell bad on my partner, although a bit too leathery and tart in the top note for my taste, but otherwise a long lasting pleasant leather, framed by a warm amber cardamom veil, accompanied by earthy patchouli.
But I find it absolutely horrible about me, the top note is such an intense leather bomb that it almost gives me a migraine. Even after two hours of pure leather, now fortunately not so intense anymore. After three hours the scent has abated enough that I dare to smell myself; all I perceive is a hint of amber and a scent that I can most easily compare to ash, not cigarette ash, but rather burnt (needle) wood. I am glad that the leather terror is over then, even if it has left burnt earth.

I can't cope with the scent, but my partner is excellent, so I deliberately didn't evaluate the scent. I'll try layering the scent for the next few days. But he definitely doesn't seem unisex to me.
8.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Benedikt2019
Teacher, how much perfume do you always put on?
Well, no question Ombre Leather describes - at least as far as his performance is concerned - as well as the question of one of my students. Just today it happened to me that I thought, oh come, the sun doesn't shine so hard, it's 16-18 degrees and a light leather jacket paired with Ombre Leather would be just right. Because one thing he doesn't like so much: heat! It's a great autumn/winter fragrance that's wearable up to 18/20 degrees. But I think he has even more power than the above, at least for me. He stays with me about 12 hours and has about 6 hours a good Sillage. He's very space occupying. But that doesn't bother me at all with this masterpiece, which is due to its great and balanced smell. It starts with cardamom, saffron and jasmine, which appear extremely round and flatter the nose. But they quickly warp and what remains is the unbelievably great base leather, patchouli and vetiver create a real leather jacket smell, which doesn't look too heavy, but is perceived as extremely soft. It is suitable for almost all age groups and is the ideal complement to the leather jacket! Or to the leather bag, simply spray! I find him more balanced than Tuscan Leather, by the way. Finally, moss and amber ensure that the fragrance is soft and smooth.

Well, and to answer the student's question: I had 4 sprays on it and when she asked me about it, it's been four hours since I applied it.

I would be happy if you could find more perfumes that like the fragrance as much as I do :)

Best regards
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

The E53 AMG among the Fords
Granted, a stupid play on words - but more about that later.

You can say what you want about Tom Ford's fragrances - they all smell special and polarize somehow. Whether Italian leather belt (Tuscan Leather), ashtray made of eagle wood (Tobacco Oud), seductive sweet jungle sultriness full of intensity (Black Orchid), or citric sunny sea breeze (Costa Azzurra/Acqua) - the range is enormous, and yet many fragrances can quickly be spotted as Ford. They all have something "soft" about them, it's hard for me to describe.
Even if he sometimes seems to be doing a bit of a bad job (not the Ombré Leather, but Tom Ford himself, probably due to his orientation), he is currently THE style icon for me. Always wrapped in a self-made black suit with generous lapels in classic fit, with black leather shoes, an inconspicuous toupee to hide the bare skull only minimally, the most elegant appearance since Pierce Brosnans Bond as well as THE voice ever (!) he manages again and again to tempt me to visit his areas in perfumeries. You don't want a smell of Ford, you want to become Ford yourself. Just watch videos on YouTube - like the Tom Ford videos of "Mr. Porter". Eyegasm and Eargasm pre-programmed. Marketing of the very finest!
So it was only a matter of time before his relatively new fragrance "Ombré Leather" would catch my eye. I didn't know the original version from the Private Blend Collection, but I'm all the more grateful for the current and cheaper version in a very high-quality bottle, which should smell absolutely identical.

And right the first time I sprayed it on, I felt it again: this soft, cosy warmth that completely envelops you.
I've never smelled cardamom in my life, I only read patchouli here all the time as a fragrance, I didn't know about the existence of white moss until now, but: I know leather. And I think there's just the right amount of that in here to bring together all the extremes of Ford's hardcore fragrances - in a mass-market, sweet and not too provocative way. The sweetness will probably be achieved by the remaining notes of this leather perfume; most of them probably escape me completely. What interests me is always only the total scent in combination with the positive perception by other people, especially of the opposite sex. And this one has already contributed a lot to the success.

The durability is absolutely outstanding. Although she probably can't quite get close to Black Orchid and its relatives, I can smell the Ombré Leather for about 12 hours - until it almost hits my hand. When I wash my hair the next day, I literally smell how the water lets the fragrances flow down my face, and once again I am reminded of the evening before. In combination with the perseverance of this fragrance, Sillage is also perceptible for a very long time to fellow human beings, but without becoming too penetrating or arousing, as would a Tuscan Leather, for example. The latter is, by the way, the leatherier, extreme big brother of the fragrance evaluated here. The Ombré is also a scent for not so warm weather, but even more often suitable than TL and above all more versatile in use. In the club it also makes itself super because of its sweetness.

And now to get back to the AMGs again:
If the E63 AMG is the Tuscan Leather, then the Ombré Leather is the cheaper but still more than sufficient E53 AMG for the daily routine. Although the smaller E53 may not be bought by so many people, it may be smiled at or less noticed in the shade of its big brother (probably because of this "shaded leather" ;-) ), but it is still more recommendable for daily use, as it is a little more economical than its big brother - and especially accessible to a much larger mass.

Fits to the suit, the leather jacket, the T-shirt - only at very hot temperatures I can't get it on. It may rather be a little fresher there.

An extraordinary Ford I haven't smelled on any other. Absolute recommendation, if you like the fragrance - because the shelf life is great!

6.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Sweet Sexy Animalic
When I was allowed to smell the scent for the first time I fell in love immediately. Ombre leather is sweet, attractive, dominant. This scent knows what it wants! First he wraps his prey around his finger to dispose of him so that he gets what he wants
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Animalically sweet 4D leather
To the beginning:
Ombre Leather was one of my first fragrances after 10 years of abstinence, the second after Oud Wood.
The mysticism of the Oud Wood fascinated me so much when I first wore it, that a short time later, relatively shortly after the release, I tested Ombre Leather in the shop when I saw him passing by (1 spray on the back of my hand, cold temperature outside).

Exterior:
The bottle is simple, chic and feels valuable. Sprayer is very good.

Classification:
At that time I had no idea about fragrances/sillage/projection/season/ourmand/chyphre etc. pp and all these nice things. It was an absolute noob. Le Male was my last fragrance as a young twen back then.

To the experience:
Ombre Leather has already knocked me out quite a bit, upbeat cardamom at the beginning, then this 4D leather wide side. Something like that. (It was rather Tom who did it)

About the course:
In the beginning the perfect leather dominates, salt (bacon?), then softer, rounder, sweeter. Very cuddly the whole thing. The drydown is just delicious. Somehow sexy, definitely masculine, but with feeling, not as rough as maybe Tuscan Leather. In any case good for cuddling etc.

To the Crowd:
Very type-dependent scent, will not please everyone. A good friend didn't like him, but he said, "You can wear this, I can't." So you better test it and ask others how it smells. The spirits are divorcing here I have observed, some don't really like him (just isn't really mainstream), others are blown away.

Where & When:
In summer Ombre Leather only works on cool evenings, at the campfire it would be perfect for example, but overall it is more of a scent for cooler/ colder times. At work you can, but you don't have to. Outdoor or to go out he fits better, or at home in twos or threes or so.

To the performance:
S/H are top (Zahmes-Beast fashion), on clothing it lasts forever and smells fantastic for days, especially on linen, no idea why, but it is so. I don't want to miss him anymore and I'm looking forward to wearing him again sometime. Maybe even tonight, it's very cool for June...
To me:
This is my first comment on a fragrance here. Would like to thank all the others here for their insightful descriptions and reviews! Meanwhile a fine small collection is in the cupboard, with Ombre Leather quite far in front...
9.0 7.0 9.0 7.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
Leather jacket
Dark, smoky leather is interspersed with wonderfully sensual-sweet jasmine like fine branches. Sprinkles of spices and a woody nuance give some complexity and additionally soften the intense leather tone. This mixture is a dream on the leather jacket, on the skin finely dosed as well. Potent without screaming loudly. Linear, which is often the rule with Tom Ford fragrances, and therefore sometimes easily getting boring - promoted by the usually strong durability. The danger exists here also, therefore on it with it on removable garments and enjoy again and again in distances.

The aura of the fragrance is very pleasant and despite the potency not overpowering - a feat. An aromatic blend of dark leather wood, gentle spice and a sweet floral undertone.

Pretty perfect.
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Come sweet leather
This Ombre Leather I have unfortunately for a long time ignored because I had to deal too much with Tom Ford's Fckn Fabulous. When I first tested this Tom´schen creation, I was amazed. Initially a very clear statement - light brown leather couch, you sit down and let the leather speak. Later he becomes calm and almost gentle.
What I especially like - he gets a little sweeter with time and even gains more character!
Durability with me even better than fckn fabulous!! All in all a mad leather scent... Not to be compared with Acqua di Parma Colonia Leather because - simply different. Tom Ford can do it!!
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

The Ledermann?
Good evening everyone!
Today I come to one of Tom Ford's leather fragrances, Ombré Leather from 2018.
No, no, no! This time I don't make the mistake and write or interpret or confuse Spanish words wrong, like "hola!", which I once wrote as one would pronounce it, so "ola"! And Ombre therefore does not mean "man" either, because this is written in Spanish "hombre". I'm not a language genius in general, you should have noticed that with my countless comments!

And quite apart from that, "ombré" here is a French expression anyway, which means shadow and not man or something, so that we at Ombré Leather speak of a shadow leather (or shaded leather, as it says here on Parfumo) instead of a leather man:D And with "shaded leather" I have to think somehow of the dragon "Toothless" from "Dragons tame made easy", because this dragon belongs to a genus which is called Night Fury... but before everybody thinks of me as a little boy again, I prefer to get to the scent quickly.

Personally, I don't have any great expectations at first, but this is only because I don't really like leather scents. But from the quality point of view I expect a reasonably solid scent, which could convince Tom Ford and leather fans and is not as cruel as the "scent of death", which in my eyes is still Black Orchid (EDP) from this brand and one (or actually woman) needs a good portion of madness to find Black Orchid voluntarily good and above all to use!!! But anyway, let's get down to leather!

The fragrance:
I'm a leather couch!!
He he, no, but the fragrance starts with intensive leather and smells like freshly polished leather from leather seats or couches etc. and should please everyone who likes such almost heavy leather fragrances.
There are also sweet scents of jasmine, I would say, but later it becomes more of an ambry sweetness. I also smell cardamom, which gives the fragrance a slightly green, herbaceous and spicy touch.
But leather is the main scent, which you can also smell very well in the ascending scent cloud, while with the other scents you have to look to the scent pyramid to be sure what you actually smell.
Also much later one smells mainly leather, but this fragrance becomes softer with time. By that I don't mean that it would smell like suede or something, but that the intensity goes down, combined with sweetish amber, which makes the scent softer (and more beautiful) anyway. In the later base you can only smell softer leather and amber, perhaps with a hint of earthy patchouli (if you sniff very close to the sprayed area!). The fragrance is okay now, and as I said, I think that leather fans will like it a lot more, because I can't do much with such a fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite high. Sprayed on, one is then wrapped in a large scent cloud, which is the bigger the more one sprays this scent also on the clothes. From about half the shelf life, however, the fragrance loses a large part of its intensity, so that you would have to get a little closer to smell it on one or the other. The shelf life is about fourteen hours, then it will be quite close to the body (with me).

The bottle:
The bottle is elliptical in shape and matt black in colour. On the front there is a recess or indentation in which a leather label has been embedded and shows the name of the fragrance. The lid is also elliptical and matt black. All in all a nice and noble looking bottle.

Soo, that was Ombré Leather from Tom Ford. First of all I have to emphasize again that I don't like leather scents that much, so this scent didn't knock me out of my socks. I think that leather fans might like the smell, but it is for real hardcore leather fans (yes, I know exactly how it sounds again,... and if you think of the same thing as me, then at least I know that you have exactly the same dirty thoughts, you newts! D) could have been a little too tame, because the intensity of the leather note might not be as high as it was assumed at the beginning.

But later he smells not so bad, especially with the amber, so that he leather fetishists ... uh... I meant of course leather fans might like it after all. I therefore recommend testing the fragrance, preferably in autumn or winter, because despite its later soft radiance it is still an intense fragrance that would be extremely overwhelming in summer.

So, that's it. Finally another Kommi published here, and I bet nobody will read it... *sigh* He he, but I wish you all a nice evening anyway :D
See you soon :)
8.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Bakerscookie
A tamed alternative to Tuscan Leather.
Tom Ford Ombré Leather is a fragrance that I bought first and foremost because of the hype that goes with it. I don't have any previous experience with the 2016 "Private Blend" version and saw myself well positioned with Tuscan Leather - but then more and more reviews on YouTube came into my field of vision during the last weeks, and since I myself own a small channel and (to be completely transparent) was keen on the traffic, I ordered a bottle. Most of the reviews on YouTube didn't help me much, because it seems to be on a similar scale as Sauvage and you don't get to know much about the DNA itself. Similar to Tuscan Leather, but more portable and somehow "better". At least that's the info I could pull out.

The round bottle already looked pretty through the screen, a modern, young twist for the otherwise quite "sophisticated" or "old" looking Tom Ford flacons. Matt black, suitable for the New York hipster scene à la Oliver Gustav (best google), with an imitation leather plaque for the name. At Ombré Leather, the chic Private Blend cardboard was replaced with a thinner counterpart, which is also used in Tom Ford's non-perfume cosmetics. The cap sits firmly on the atomizer and grinds past it when taking off, there is no clicking cap. But in total one of the better flacons of TF and more premium than some Private Blend fragrances (if I disregard F'n Fabulous).

Let's get to the scent itself. I'm a big Tuscan Leather fan and caught myself comparing again and again during the test. Tuscan Leather for me is characterised by a "not quite ripe raspberry", which harmonises unmistakably well with the contained leather chord. The Dupes or "similar to TL smelling fragrances" I know, all of them Godolphin from Parfums de Marly with its pronounced citrus note, are basically too sweet for me. The lack of sweetness is what keeps me sniffing at Tuscan Leather and what makes this fragrance special. A polarizing scent, but cleverly made and exactly my taste.

Compared to this, I find the fragrance of Ombré Leather much sweeter and "juicier" than Tuscan Leather. Although I felt reminded of the wow moment of TL during the first spraying, because the leather chord initially hits the nose with comparable strength, but after half an hour at the latest it becomes too heavy, too sweet, too creamy for my nose. I believe that the leather/jasmine combination is responsible for this. The leather remains present in the projection until the end, but on my skin Ombré Leather becomes a sweet creamy candy. The green raspberry is missing and has been replaced by a penetrating floral jasmine chord that becomes very heavy as soon as the leather recedes into the background (after about half an hour). Therefore the fragrance is still balanced in the beginning, but after one hour I feel rather overwhelmed by it. I would have wished for a lot more leather and fewer flowers.

Durability and Sillage are in good midfield with OL. The scent doesn't invade other people's privacy, but it lasts all day. Also here less extreme than TL.

Altogether Ombré Leather is supposed to be a tamed alternative to Tuscan Leather for all those who have always wanted one. But for me it's a lukewarm variation of the eccentric superstar. So I guess he'll be leaving my collection pretty soon.
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Permanent-Leather-Utensil
My first comment and I would like to dedicate this to a fragrance whose theme, leather, has long accompanied and fascinated me in perfumes. Often slapping around the usual suspects (Tuscan Leather, Godolphin, etc.), to whom I unfortunately never had 100% access in the sense of a practical and general wearability, the 2018 Ombre Leather variant managed not only to ignite olfactory fireworks and enthusiasm for me, but also to condition my nose to it, so that I now appreciate the above-mentioned works very much and, if the opportunity presents itself to me, would also wear them
I discovered Ombre Leather by chance in autumn this year while weekly browsing in the various perfumeries in Hamburg. New Tom Fords, because I like the label, always arouse my curiosity immediately. If a Fucking Fabulous elicited an ok from my opinion and a Noir Anthracite curiosity through a completely different direction of the other 2017 releases, Ombre Leather managed to inspire me immediately. Love at first sniff, so to speak.

For me, the leather opening is the most beautiful thing I have ever smelled in leather scents. However, I have two points of criticism which I would like to mention directly in advance. In my opinion, the first point of criticism is the fact that he doesn't consistently pull this strength of the leather through to the end. Nevertheless, the leather successfully combines with the other fragrances. The second point of criticism is floweriness. A little less I would have found much more here. If the bouquet of flowers has calmed down and we approach the base, he plays out all his skills as a (leather) flatterer despite the meanwhile dimmed leather note, and that is quite wonderful.

I find the scent to be a warming, distinctive and reliable companion in autumn and winter, which has an incredible shelf life of 12 hours + (sometimes I smell it the next day) and even lasts for days on textiles and has a very strong sillage in the first 2-3 hours.

Leather jacket on, boots out and Ombre Leather sprayed on and you are good leather from the sole to the crown on the way.

My clear recommendation and for me one of the best new releases 2018, if you like leather. Then it's even, besides Colonia Leather, one of the most portable.
8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

Tuscan Leather meets Godolphin
As a great olfactory leather lover and owner of various leather fragrances, I also looked this autumn for the latest creations of leather fragrances.
I have to say that leather and leather is a huge difference.
There are cheap imitation leather, ambroxan, suede, dark leather, as well as light leather and many other leathery fragrances.
Most of them fail but crash in combination with other ingredients.
But a few of them manage to caress my nose and move into my collection.
That includes: Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, Parfums de Marly Godolphin, Rasasi La Yuqawam, Memo Irish Leather, Trussardi My Land, John Varvatos Dark Rebel and now also Tom Ford Ombre Leather.

Why Ombre Leather?

Admittedly, the DNA of Tuscan Leather can also be seen in Ombre Leather, but while Tuscan Leather mimics the daring, rich and inviolably smoking macho, Ombre Leather doesn't take himself too seriously and is more pleasing.

I like the floral impact of jasmine almost even better than the sticky raspberry.
Although, to be fair, I have to say that the raspberry in Tuscan Leather, unlike La Yuqawam, is pleasantly restrained.
But anyway, jasmine and cardamom play wonderfully around the leather in Ombre Leather and give it a pleasantly sweet, airy touch without getting annoying.
The largely linear fragrance resembles Parfums de Marly's Godolphin rather than Tuscan Leather on long stretches.
The Wums is not as violent as with Tuscan Leather, however the durability scores with approx. 10 hours on my skin In the drydown Ombre Leather gets a bit sweeter and the dark leather sounds soft and soft
Do you have to have Ombre Leather?

Due to the price of about 100€ /100ml Ombre Leather is an affordable Tom Ford perfume.
But if you can already call Godolphin or Tuscan Leather your own, in my opinion you can do without a third descendant.
Nevertheless Ombre Leather is an excellent and above all also pleasing scent, which I would like to smell however rather with men, than with ladies.

9.0 6.0 10.0 9.5/10

my 29th birthday
To my 1st comment, retrospectively to my birthday.

I actually sniffed this scent at the D headquarters by chance, I was out and about in the city and I always like to walk by there.
After I sprayed him on my arm I was already very enthusiastic.
Go home and read the comments here to my disillusionment.

But I did not let myself be dissuaded and ordered a bottling with a nice forum member and ordered me the good stuff to my 29th birthday to workday.
What do you want me to say? I find this fragrance ingenious. It is just the right combination of delicate leather, a little sweetness at the beginning and the right spice afterwards. I couldn't actually stop sniffing at myself.
I would describe the durability as outstanding.

I may be stoned because I have no idea of scents, or no idea of TF, but I find this scent absolutely enchanting and heavenly. And I'm not into the sweet scents, but this one is bombastic.

Thank you very much for your attention
8.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

Liebermann
Imitation leather, drowned in syrup
Actually, I like scents with sweetness. They give the wearer an approachable, friendly aura. Noir Extreme is a good example of this: a mixture of spices and floral elements paired with a base of vanilla and amber ensure a balanced aromatic play.

It's different with Ombré Leather. The fragrance wants to be inspired by Tuscan Leather, but in my opinion it has only become a mixture of pompous sweetness and imitation leather. Cardamom, jasmine, leather and amber combine here to create an exhausting and disharmonic fragrance. One that in turn is not "shaded", but loosely outshined by other spicy scents.

Ombré Leather reminds me of the attempt to conceal a potent, sometimes severe smell - in this case the leather - with sweetness. As if one had just been to the toilet and wanted to cover the smell with a sweet room spray. However, this rarely succeeds, and what remains are scent components that try to fight each other in space.

The durability and sillage of Ombré Leather is however decent. For people who like the scent, there's nothing to criticize. The bottle also makes a good impression - simple, but high-quality, and it is the only component of the product worthy of the name "shaded leather".

Without a doubt, Tuscan Leather is less suitable for everyday use and also not suitable for every type of person. Nevertheless, I would prefer him to Ombré Leather. A moderate dosage as well as the right occasion provide for a unique, potent aura - completely without exuberant sweetness.
9.0 8.0 8.0 5.0/10

GoodSmeller
Que pasa, hombre? In the shade, no sun shines
What's the matter with you, man? What was I excited about Tom Ford a few years ago. My alltime favorite M7 his first litter, then his own line with timeless classics, both in the designer and private blend area. I don't know if they fired the CEO of TF Frangrances or what has been going wrong for some time. For two years, one catastrophe has followed another. This bittersweet Tuscan Leather blend with fruit syrup as a new star on the shelf front. The bottle is great, maybe my favourite from TF so far, the content is a disaster for my taste. Not like I've been criticizing scents for being too ordinary and mass-produced lately, this one is like a Tarantino movie of the last years, you want to put a stamp of recognition on it, but it's so obvious that it loses soul and style for me. This scent wants to smell so much like Tom Ford that it seems like a parody to me. I can see from the current rating of 8.7 that I will not reap many fans with this opinion at the moment and I am already prepared to get headwind. With a new TF in a new flacon design, I might just expect too much...

IanFriedrich 6 months ago
O.L is like Tuscan Leather younger brother. the core leather scent, but it's more sweet & pleasing.
I think young audience will love it.
6.0

by Baran1984
by FrauZett
by FrauZett

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford Italian Cypress by Tom Ford