Ombré Leather (2018)

Version from 2018
Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford
Ombré Leather (2018) is a new perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Cardamom, Jasmine sambac, Black leather, Patchouli, White moss, Amber

Submitted by Tester2015, last update on 12.10.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Imitation leather, drowned in syrup
Actually, I like scents with sweetness. They give the wearer an approachable, friendly aura. Noir Extreme is a good example of this: a mixture of spices and floral elements paired with a base of vanilla and amber ensure a balanced aromatic play.

It's different with Ombré Leather. The fragrance wants to be inspired by Tuscan Leather, but in my opinion it has only become a mixture of pompous sweetness and imitation leather. Cardamom, jasmine, leather and amber combine here to create an exhausting and disharmonic fragrance. One that in turn is not "shaded", but loosely outshined by other spicy scents.

Ombré Leather reminds me of the attempt to conceal a potent, sometimes severe smell - in this case the leather - with sweetness. As if one had just been to the toilet and wanted to cover the smell with a sweet room spray. However, this rarely succeeds, and what remains are scent components that try to fight each other in space.

The durability and sillage of Ombré Leather is however decent. For people who like the scent, there's nothing to criticize. The bottle also makes a good impression - simple, but high-quality, and it is the only component of the product worthy of the name "shaded leather".

Without a doubt, Tuscan Leather is less suitable for everyday use and also not suitable for every type of person. Nevertheless, I would prefer him to Ombré Leather. A moderate dosage as well as the right occasion provide for a unique, potent aura - completely without exuberant sweetness.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Que pasa, hombre? In the shade, no sun shines
What's the matter with you, man? What was I excited about Tom Ford a few years ago. My alltime favorite M7 his first litter, then his own line with timeless classics, both in the designer and private blend area. I don't know if they fired the CEO of TF Frangrances or what has been going wrong for some time. For two years, one catastrophe has followed another. This bittersweet Tuscan Leather blend with fruit syrup as a new star on the shelf front. The bottle is great, maybe my favourite from TF so far, the content is a disaster for my taste. Not like I've been criticizing scents for being too ordinary and mass-produced lately, this one is like a Tarantino movie of the last years, you want to put a stamp of recognition on it, but it's so obvious that it loses soul and style for me. This scent wants to smell so much like Tom Ford that it seems like a parody to me. I can see from the current rating of 8.7 that I will not reap many fans with this opinion at the moment and I am already prepared to get headwind. With a new TF in a new flacon design, I might just expect too much...
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
Shadows of autumn
The perfectly shaped autumn.
Yes that comes to mind with Tom Ford's new leather scent.
Of course, you can go here now and Ombre Leather
down to the smallest detail with Tuscan Leather, Ombre Leather12 or
with the Rasasis of this world. This I would but only the Parfumos
who already have one of these fragrances in their collection. Otherwise you might miss the beauty of this fragrance. You can reduce the scent, if and how much raspberry is left over, if Rasasi can do it better and cheaper or maybe Parfums de Marly is the better choice, but you don't have to.
Yes, it has a similarity to OL16 of course, because of the lack of current test possibilities, my comparisons are written from memory. Already with OL16 I liked it that NO raspberry was contained, but was extended by flowery and mossy nuances, it was rounder, softer than Tuscan Leather. To attract attention one was of course "better" served with Tuscan Leather, thank God this is not important for many people.
Ombre Leather won't go down in history as a clubbing monster or disco king now, but he has a lot of charm and subtle beauty.
The otherwise usual Tom Ford eccentricity keeps itself this time clearly within limits, it does not harm im.
For me Ombre Leather has a wonderful dark nappa leather, smooth, thick, no grain. There are of course more authentic leather scents, which one likes to marvel at, but is often difficult for me to wear. I can also grasp woody and flowery streaks, but it's more of a fine-tuning than an accent. For me it's more of a scented carpet that I like very much, that lets me guess that it's not just made of leather. Here, too, one could of course philosophize forever whether the basis is now worthy of signature or private dazzle, but I don't really care, since for me the everyday suitability is very often in the foreground. For me it's just a round unit with relatively little development, it gets a bit weaker over the hours, but also a bit harsher. There are no new impressions, but I don't want to talk about Soliflor or mono-like.
The shelf life and Sillage are very well chosen, no eel Dieter fragrance, but
you have many hours of something from him, you smell yourself also quite long
without over-exerting others.
Conclusion: Great autumn and winter all-rounder, its spiciness now fits wonderfully into the now discoloring forest without offering completely new elements.

Suitability for everyday use: 8/10
Well-being factor: 8/10
Wow effect: 6/10
Price/Performance: 8/10
Idea+implementation: 9/10
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
No comment
Good evening.
Welcome to Talk Talk Talk. My name is Dorian Wurstbusch and I welcome you here in the studio and at home on the TV screens.

Today's theme is perfume. We all wear it, we all have different noses and different perceptions of it. Our guest today writes commentaries in the renowned trade journal Parfumo, which many of you know.
Please welcome Schoork with me!

"Hub"

Glad you could make it. What drives someone to comment on perfumes?

"First of all, I like to read comments. Above all these, which describe users, how they experience them and which history they have with a certain fragrance. Many have memories of a fragrance, or get a picture, are transported to places. I think that's beautiful. I started out small myself and realized there's more."

But when you read yours, that's not always the case.

"That's right! I often come up with framework actions that polarize, are too long for some, for others the scent is too short, but if you read between the lines, there is always a description in it. Sometimes you have to be careful because the followers act as if it were their scent and criticism sees sacrilege."

Why then such comments?

"You don't have to be so serious about everything in life, it's still just perfume in the end. But I respect when people take this much more seriously. I also like to laugh at my own stupidity, which is fun to write. I wanted to do it differently from Zack....that's the fragrance, it's like that and then like that and in the end like that. Some also like my comments, which I find very nice."

They also have a new fragrance.

" Yes, that's right. Ombré Leather by Tom Ford. But I won't comment on that."

Why not?

"This is difficult. First of all, it's Tom Ford. I like Tom Ford fragrances, some are fantastic in my eyes and many are very expensive and don't always justify it. Good marketing, I always compare that with Apple. People are queuing in front of a store when they bring a new mobile phone to the market and it doesn't matter if others are better, it has to be an apple. Ford could sell his fart, there would be people who put the bottle on the shopping list before it appears."

Sounds hard now.

"I don't mean that. Being a fan is a nice thing. What I mean is that I once commented on a fragrance by Tom Ford that still gets "NOT helpful" clicks today because I dared to write a funny comment and that although I totally like the fragrance. However, the hardcore fan base does not consider this to be appreciated enough. Even if I don't care, but I don't feel like the trallala."

And how's the new scent, maybe you can tell us a little bit?

"I like him. It's softer, less smoky and sweeter than Tuscan Leather right now and this is where I see the problem. I'm missing something, probably the raspberry, the square, the smoky, the rock'n roll in the fragrance. If TL is Guns'n Roses, OL is more like Bon Jovi. That might be the story I would have used if I'd written a comment. It is easier to wear, which would be an advantage, the TL is not always usable and I personally would not need 2 leather scents."

So mediocre?

"No, absolutely not, I think a lot of people will like it, just those who don't get along with TL, or who are looking for a leather scent that can be used more often. I think he's good too, but not as good as TL. One point I don't like is the durability compared to TL. If I spray TL on Friday evenings, I can still go away on Saturday, here with the new one it is unfortunately only a few hours."

So your conclusion?

"A milder soft leather scent, with a little more wood and slightly more jasmine, which is easy to wear and not so noticeable. Now in autumn a good season to display it.

Do you expect criticism?

"Actually always, because one never speaks from the soul and others see it completely differently. Constructively and factually, however, is always okay."

Thank you!
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
I've come across leather
I can still remember my first dark brown and so far only leather trousers. Man, that was a stiff thing! But once you were inside, she sat like a glove and kept you damn warm! Then this leather smell, already very intense, striking, dark, a little dirty. I didn't think it was so great but it just belonged to it.

But leather is not the same as leather. There is leather which smells like just described above, then there is also noble leather which smells very fine, brighter and almost already affectionately. That includes Ombré Leather for me! Such a great leather scent I had so far only very rarely under the nose, am actually not the big leather scent fan, is too much for me and does not fit me somehow completely. This fragrance manages to wrap the leather so well that I'm really thrilled about it!

Hardly sprayed on the fine leather note blows directly towards you, light wood I also smell out and I have a little the feeling that I would smell some iris thereby, although this is not listed. This makes the leather very soft and pleasant. Not long and spicy notes and something sweet are added. This all smells so nice, clean, coordinated and noble. After wearing it for a while something slightly earthy is added which comes from the patchoulie but this is only very minimal. The scent actually doesn't change much anymore, it lies on my skin for many hours now and blows into my nose again and again.

So this fragrance has done it to me directly, find now just in the cooler season an absolute must have fragrance, if you like woody / spicy / slightly sweet leather likes. Thanks Tom for giving me my leather scent! Should definitely have been tested. Price/performance is great!

Vmaster 104 days ago
Think Tuscan Leather with the leather dialed up, the floral scaled down, while getting the same quantity (100 ml) for $137 less!
Bottle 8.0

• by sebjar by sebjar
  • by Vmaster by Vmaster
  • by Baran1984 by Baran1984

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Italian Cypress by Tom Ford Extreme (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Sahara Noir by Tom Ford