Orchid Soleil 2016 Eau de Parfum

Orchid Soleil (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Orchid Soleil (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Sonia Constant

Base Notes Base NotesVanillaVanilla
Chestnut creamChestnut cream
PatchouliPatchouli
OrchidOrchid

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.11.2021.

Rubber Tire Sealed With Face Cream
The first two seconds after spraying it on are absolutely spectacular! My eyes widened and I already ordered it in my mind. But the more minutes that passed the more and more it literally smelled like rubber. Slathered in Nivea. As it progresses, the scent softens and the rubber weakens, but it remains - albeit quietly. It is discontinued, which is why I quickly got another bottling, thank goodness! I advise against a blind purchase, is a very special fragrance.
creamy love
The many bad reviews on this beautiful fragrance, I personally can not understand.
I can well imagine that the skin / the personal smell of the wearer plays a big role here, because I have tested quite a few vanilla perfumes, which develop a total smoky note on me and smell, for example, on my mom after a soft, creamy vanilla.
On me, I find the fragrance super, because here the vanilla is not ,,smoky'', it smells warm and creamy, when he has developed a little, the patchouli and the orchid comes to the fore.
This makes it deeper for me and gives a certain something that has nothing too ,,nice''.

I wish it was softer...
Don't get me wrong.This is a heavenly perfume. Fresh and warm at the same time. Classy. And even though I stir away from perfumes that include patchouli (smells weird on my skin), this one has more of a flowery cream predominant note at its base.
***
If only it wasn't so strong and obnoxious...I would wear this all the time, winter and summer! I still love it though and use it by spraying it from a small distance onto my skin just to give it a more discreet vibe.

Good vibes
I smelled just Yesterday this Tom ford's creation and I was expecting something deeper and more mysterious because I was influenced by the name "orchid". Anyway, It was a very good surprise to me: this shining Golden bottle hides a very powerful scent giving immediately good vibes and warmth to my body and soul.
I 've been immediately involved by pepepry notes hitting my nose , but a few seconds ago the wonderful and vibrant tuberose's solo arrived. This note was like a first lady with a shining Golden dress . the abosolute star.
I thought of the wonderful and unforgettable powerhouses' perfumes of teh glorious Eighties: well, this scent seems stepped out of that Golden period.
Finally, I appreciated the base notes: a warm and perfectly balanced patchouli and the elegant orchid touch. I 'm seeing right now that in the pyramyd there's also a strange chestnut touch, but my nose hasn't perceveid it.
The sillage is surprisingly good , as well as the logevity. The price is very high, maybe too much , however, for my tastes, I think that this one is a great old style perfume to wear by day in the mid-cold season or also by night everytime you want to shine and leave a sign of your passage.
1.5
Terrible.
I'm a designated Tom Ford fan. I own a lot of his scent, sweetheart, my husband too, by now. Too loud, too intense, too woody, too vanilla, too flowery, too extravagant - I thought.

Well, until I smelled Orchid Soleil. It reminds me of fermented sun milk, hard, evil and rancid. For me this fragrance is neither oriental, nor erotic, nor pleasant!

In my despair I even sprayed it on my hand because I thought it was developing - as I know from other TF treasures, a bad mistake! He is and remains a bitter witch.

Almost, but only almost, I am a bit stunned how horrible I find this creation

Pseudo-Animalic Powerhouse
This to me conveys a very strong impression of being a animalic bad-girl; but according to the note-list there is nothing animalic in it. I think the cypress might have a lot to do with that, as it is certainly a note that at least I perceive very accutely. But I am not convinced that there isn't some unlisted subterranean quasimusk accord supramitting its subtle seismic disturbances surfacewards; as when I first tried this I was really quite stunned, and my resolution to acquire it begat instantly - a rare occurence. In fact, I was in a sense repelled by it - the sense wherein is conveyed a paradoxical attraction mightier than the superficial repulsion. This kind of deep olfactory string-pulling is customarily the province of the animalics.

Whatever: this is to my mind one of those radical strong-statement-making 'fumes - in fact, I count it amongst my °shockers°. I know people I could seriously taunt with this one! I don't know whether to describe the aroma as floral or woody or balsamic or what - it's a consummate side-stepper of that scheme of categorisation. But as I have said, the nett effect is that of an animalic, by virtue of the principle of °accord°. In fact, it may be said to be an object lesson in how an animalic effect can be created without the use of actual animalics per-se. Unless that subterranean quasimusk is real afterall. And, of course! I nearly forgot 'medicinal' again. Yes, it is indeed ^medicinal^ - very much so.

Some people strongly detect a °baked° or °grainy° note in this - by which I mean the kind of grain grown as a crop; some even to the point that it becomes prevalent for them, tending to eclipse the other notes. "Corn tortilla" is a figure I have seen broached unto conveying of this idea. I detect it, sometimes; and on my first wearing of this it ^did^ become prevalent. The second time, though, I merely detected it as a discreet presence. I suppose it's the chestnut note that does this. Another example of this kind of thing is the way some people translate the papyrus note into a dill-pickle one (which does ^not^ happen for me, I am ^very^ glad to say!).

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Vibrant and sunny with a good sillage, this is your cup of tea if you regret the vintage powerhouses'scents of the glorious 80es. High price
PBullFriendPBullFriend 5 years ago
Interesting gourmand notes listed for this, but a quick sniff just gave me a White Flower Punch in the Face. Ouch!

by Keikona
by LeaMaria
by Pisdez
by Pisdez

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford