Oud Minérale 2017

Oud Minérale by Tom Ford
Oud Minérale is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is aquatic-woody. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Megamare

OudOud
Pink pepperPink pepper
SeagrassSeagrass
SpindriftSpindrift

Submitted by Gonsada, last update on 17.09.2021.

Akis
Oud Minerale all the way...
This is by far the most realistic 'marine' scent out there! A unique blend that combines the rugged and unforgiving elements of sea with a refined woodiness creating that high level of sophistication we have become accustomed to from Tom Ford. In my eyes this creation has pushed the boundaries of the aquatic genre in an intriguing direction.

9/10
Carpintero
Private Blend VS Resort Collection (New!)
Dear Oud Minérale fans:

During my last stay in NYC, I finally had the opportunity to buy the Oud Minérale from the Resort Collection - a tester was unfortunately not available (anymore), so I bought three bottles (two 30 ml, one 50 ml) blind.

Why equal to three - Because the fragrance from the Resort Collection against all my expectations has not yet been re-released in Europe and I do not know how long it will take and at this moment was also still unclear if and when I come back to the States in the near future.

Whether the investment was worth it and whether and what differences there are between the Private Blend line and the Resort Collection, I would like to share with you based on my experience and with a subjective assessment:
FLAKON

Private Blend
There was (was unfortunately discontinued and is only very occasionally in selected perfumeries to get) in 50, 100 and 250 ml. Flacons were the Oud series from the Private Blend line according to gray tinted, transparent glass with a plastic cap on top, which was provided with a mirror with the inscription TOM FORD.

Resort Collection
Comes in 30 ml and 50 ml. Flacons are the Resort Collection according to frosted frosted glass, the Oud Minérale is gray. The lid is also frosted gray and made of plastic, this is also provided with a mirror on top with the inscription TOM FORD.
UPDATE

Private Blend
The opener starts off harsh, unconventional and expansive:
We're in Halifax, right on the Atlantic coast. It's a blustery, grey day.
A spritz or two of the scent and we find ourselves on a wooden jetty, just outside the aforementioned small town. The rugged Atlantic coastline before our eyes, the rugged wind blowing sea salt and seaweed smelling air around our ears, we look out at the roaring sea and grey sky. The waves so gigantically high that you can not see the horizon.
At the jetty is a modern speed boat, which is just being repaired, however. One smells quite strongly and clearly the engine oil and the fuel, with which the boat is to run later.

Resort Collection
Here we are in the Hamptons: In contrast to the Private Blend line, the opening in the Resort Collection is less dark and punchy, but a little fresher, woodier and far more likeable: here, too, you are on the North Atlantic, but the sea around the Hamptons is now calm, shallow and there is much more driftwood on the beach. This wood, however, is soft-surfaced by the endless waves of the ocean, is smooth, and the smell of motor oil and fuel is absent for the time being.
HEARTNOTE

Private Blend
We are now on the aforementioned boat, heading out to sea. The sea has calmed down in the meantime and the waves are fortunately no longer as high as a house, but it still rocks violently and again and again the rough spray whips around our ears. You can smell the salty water of the sea quite clearly and also the algae do not hold back. I don't hear the engine oil so much, but I do hear the fuel with which the boat thunders over the waves and its exhaust fumes, which alternate with the smell of the sea around my nose. There is a lot of rough driftwood in the boat, quite impetuous and rough, soaked with sea water and here and there a dried alga is still hanging. The driftwood in the boat smells strongly of the sea: of salt, of fish, of shellfish, of algae and also a little of rot. But the combination of all the scents also makes it somehow irresistible not to reach for it. Yes, it smells like freedom. Of adventure. After mysticism and after the endless expanses of the rough Atlantic.

Resort Collection
Here, too, we take a boat trip out to sea, only the sea is as smooth as an eel, not a single wave in sight. Also the sky is bright blue and not, as assumed in the above scenario, gray and foggy. It doesn't rock, it doesn't wobble, and you indulge in a sip of champagne - whose creamy alcoholic notes are quite perceptible in the heart note of the fragrance, though not as the main character. This is also here the salty sea air. Seaweed, motor oil and fuel are present, but less loud and much more scaled back than in the Private Blend. In return, the woody notes of the finely ground driftwood are stronger. Only this wood is already completely dried out, was probably even already processed, with sandpaper and sealing varnish: one smells the wood clearly stronger, it is creamier and softer, rounds off the fragrance wonderfully and gives it a business-suitable character for the office.
BASE NOTE

Private Blend
Back on safe land with solid ground under our feet, we settle in on the sofa after a hot shower and a nice warming drink and survey the driftwood. Again and again the above mentioned notes rise and the longing grows to go out again first thing tomorrow. But that's not possible... tomorrow it's back to the city, back to the conference room where hard-hitting negotiations take place. The scent as my signature and my constant companion.

Resort Collection
In the base note, the fragrances are hardly distinguishable, with the difference that the fragrance from the Private Blend line a little "louder" and despite all the coziness still has corners and edges, which in the Resort Collection much more polished and rounded - and thus also much more suitable for everyday use and office compatible - come across. The fragrance from the Resort Collection is here significantly smoother, flirts more with the counterpart and is also ready to compromise.
F A Z I T
Both fragrances have the same DNA, but differ in intensity and sillage: here the Private Blend is clearly louder, stronger in the foreground and far more radiant and also becomes less quickly skin, but it is also rougher and sometimes more expansive and angular. The Resort Collection, on the other hand, is smoother, finer, creamier and for this also somewhat quieter in intensity and sillage: In the first two to three hours also clearly present, then skin close.
In the durability, however, they are absolutely not inferior to each other: Both create it with me on a hot summer day in New York (31 degrees) on 8 hours and on a moderate day in Zurich (19 degrees) on 12 hours. On clothes, both last until the next wash, although the scent from the Private Blend line is much more noticeable. Do you have to buy three bottles of the Resort Collection? No, definitely not.
Would I prefer the Resort Collection to the Private Blend line? Also a very clear no.
Am I happy to still own a half-full 100 ml and a full 250 ml bottle from the Private Blend? Yes, absolutely.

And would I buy the fragrance from the Resort Collection again if I ran out of bottles from the Private Blend line? Yes - but probably before: I wear the Private Blend privately, on a date or even when it comes to business negotiations, where I have to show presence and strength. I prefer the Resort Collection on the quieter, more comfortable days when I'm preparing for the tough negotiations
More or sea?
Mixed feelings. Now and then I wear it and think to myself. Puh great refreshing sea breeze. On other days he comes to me but a little musty and smelly. Is certainly on the oud/seagrass combo. Nevertheless, a good scent. Only for now and then what with me. There are such and such days. A filling is enough for me. Flacon does not have to be
Robbymax
My number one niche scent because....
Actually, I wasn't going to write a review of my favorite scent, Oud Minerale, since it seems to be off the market..

4 weeks ago I wanted to buy a new 250 ml pouring bottle of TF and had to discover that it no longer exists..

For me, a moment that actually felt like something being taken from me.

This fragrance was adored by me. In my opinion, there is no comparable aquatic fragrance that is so unique. Everyone who is friends with me always said... "what an apparition".
Compliments without end...Even I had to smell my wrist from time to time.

It reminds me not of ONE moment, but of all the beautiful days. It was like a companion through the day.

What more can I say. I'm more than sad that this masterpiece doesn't seem to have found enough acceptance in society to become a best seller.

For similar fellow sufferers, I'm sure it's understandable and if it does exist....

Here's someone who's hooked.

Sea of Sulphur
A few days ago I asked on the forum for a non-synthetic aquatic if possible. I got a lot of tips, especially from @Lilienfeld. Thanks for that!

In my own research on this, which I had of course, I came across "Oud Minérale" by chance. While the notes don't necessarily indicate freedom from synthetics, the combination of aquatic notes and oud interested me. @Fesch offered a bottling in the souk, which he kindly let me have. Thanks for that, too!

Now I am wearing it for the first time. In part, it does exactly what I thought it would. It is a beautiful clear aquatic fragrance. He is in no way sweet or lovely. If you're looking for that, you're in the wrong place. The notes also do not give, and that's good.

But there's something else that awakens a completely different association in me. Behind the clean clear aquatic hides a slight sulphur note. But I do not find it at all unpleasant. It gives the aquatic a certain roughness, making it less clean and thus more natural. I assume this note is due to the oud.

Overall, I like Oud Minérale a lot. It is, as is so often the case with me, a rather unusual fragrance that is not everyone's cup of tea . He is not pleasing and suitable for the masses. But it meets my longing for the sea. I like wearing it. Too bad that he is apparently discontinued.

Found for Oud
Follow me for more stupid oud puns.

Oud and I are actually on a war footing. You can see that in my comments on oud fragrances so far (the exception so far is "Leather Oud"). Oud Wood from TF was too sweet and somehow annoying in its core DNA. M7 (Oud Absolu) smelled like an old doctor's case to me. Then came the hint that many of the oud scents from Tom Ford's Private Line are discontinued. Among them also Oud Minérale. The comments on this fragrance then aroused interest.

Since I am a big fan of aquatic scents, Oud Minérale is relatively easy to find. In the opening it reminds me relatively strongly of "Aqva pour Homme Marine". Really salty, fresh and masculine. I won't repeat all the references to the sea, the sea or submarines at this point. The other users have already noticed that quite well. I did not notice a real scent. Oud Minérale remains clearly perceptible on my skin for 7-8 hours. If I move a little more, I can still hear light scent clouds after this time.

But I can't smell much oud from Oud Minérale. And that's probably why I like the scent so much and why I think it's goud.
Mtts
Force of nature, captured in a bottle
Now I dare to make my first comment - on a perfume that captivated me in a very short time and made me aware of the range of a fragrance and what it can trigger.

I'm relatively new to this enthusiasm for fragrances (and here at Parfumo) and it took me some time to find out which fragrances I not only like and like to smell, but which ones I like about myself. So I, like many others, probably searched this platform and more and more often perfumeries without interruption and eventually came across oud minerals. Once I smelled it in a perfumery, I found it so fitting that I bought it - despite the then really proud price and my just beginning weakness. Well, in retrospect I would do the same over and over again, and just recently I had a 100ml bottle follow with the news that Tom Ford had discontinued this fragrance. For me really unimaginable, even if he is not a pleasing TF suitable for the masses - but now all the more rare.

Before I try to describe the scent, I would like to take a little time to get out of the line of fire: I don't have a great deal of expertise in scents and composition, I still find it difficult to single out individual ones. But for the beginning this is forgivable, as I think, because the scent is rather linear and I'm more concerned with the feeling or memory that Oud Minérale evokes in me.

In the opening I perceive a similar oud chord that I know from Oud Wood or Oud Fleur, although not so warm and balsamic, but cool and a bit more scratchy and in combination with the rest so much more fitting. The dark grounds this otherwise rather aquatic scent, so I don't feel like I'm floating on the open sea - much rather with some driftwood on the beach.
But in the end, what fascinates me most is the salty, light, freshness, which fortunately lacks any shower gel vibe. Maybe also because it was my first fragrance that could imitate the smell of salty seawater so well, I don't know.

But every time I spray it on myself or even smell it on the atomizer (and this often happens), I have the feeling of standing in a spray cloud on the cliffs over the Atlantic Ocean...

...and how valuable it is that a scent can trigger such a thing.
Love on the 2nd nose
It took me a while to learn to appreciate oud minerals. And this although I like the PB fragrances of Tom Ford in the majority of cases.
At the airport in Birmingham before our return flight we had some time, so off to the duty freeing ;). Magically this TF corner always attracts me. With the other "createurs" nothing can knock me off at the moment. Actually, I wanted to sniff the fucking fabulous test sniffing, which I did, but somehow no "connection" between the scent and me. The seller said he would like oud minerals too. So I pulled this one through my nose. Oh, it's very tart and "rough". That was my first impression. Almost too much for me. Well, you don't have much time at the airport. So I was brave once and bought oud minerals.
Only after wearing it for the 3rd / 4th time, I suddenly noticed how good I like the scent and how great it develops in my body. Meanwhile one of my favourite "little waters". I am glad to have taken it at that time
Eboolas
Tom Ford London? Tom Ford Hamburg! Love of the port city...
When you walk through the Elbe beach in Hamburg, your feet get dirty. Diesel tankers pump exhaust fumes into the air, the port is constantly toiling. It's rough, you might think - but I know you feel incredibly comfortable in this city. Because in all the routine there is a calm and a self-image of togetherness, which is not at all strikingly affectionate, but respectful and true.

Even the streets full of glamour have something very set in their appearance, there is no such thing as chic, or is not well received, and is not Hamburg at all. But I have never smelled a fragrance that screamed for Hamburg as much as this one. With this scent I feel comfortable in Hamburg, then when it rains, as so often. Because it is the distillate of what I like so much about the city. Maritime notes join a gentle and reserved elegance - the fragrance doesn't scream: Yes, here I am! Look at me! Instead, it radiates a calm and incredible power, it is diverse and interesting, it is rough and carries the soul of the sea.

It is the fragrance for all those who want to make a sedate, calm and therefore all the more mysterious impression. If you think with the standard designer aquatic scents and sparkling citrus scents that you are screaming too much without having an effect, this is the right place for you. Oud Mineralé or as he is called: Tom Ford Hamburg. It has a unique effect and yet remains down-to-earth, it is cosy and pleasing, and yet remains calm and rough and windy.

What a pity that this fragrance is discontinued - I have only just fallen in love with this fragrance
A maritime rendezvous in Oceania
Oud minerals. A name I didn't really know that much about in the beginning. A short anecdote first:

I first smelled him over a year ago at a friend's house. I hadn't sprayed any fragrance on it, so he offered me to try his newest acquisition, the Oud Minerals. We were out in the evening and later we went to a Shishabar. And what can I say, although there are more clouds of smoke and scent in the Shishabar than barley on malt in a brewery, he was always present. The Oud Minerals found its way to my nose at all times. I was fascinated. The next morning I aired my sweater, because I find the cold smoke that collects in clothes repulsive. But what remained after airing it out? Right, the oud minerals.

That much up front. From that moment on I always wanted to have the fragrance, but I was always too stingy to pay the price. But times have changed, after all I am a Parfumo member now ;-) (my poor purse) and now I am the proud owner of a bottle for a short time.

When sprayed on, the fragrance opens directly with a refreshment a la sea breeze. It is difficult to describe what is happening here. On the one hand it is aquatic and fresh, on the other hand it is also salty, peppery and woody. This combination is unique and not known to me in this way. Especially for Tom Ford it's often Hit or Miss, but this one really pleases just about everybody.

The durability is really enormous for me and it happens over hours that I can breathe a breath of holiday. Especially in the current time a privilege not to be underestimated.

The Sillage is good, you are definitely noticed, but it is also not too obtrusive not to wear it in the office.

It's a real pity that the TF was hired, but the better to finally own it now.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
A gently smoky, yet rather dry and airy, salty aquatic-woody Spring fragrance, balanced by a fresh and salty/spicy green opening. Masculine.
TombbbTombbb 1 year ago
Salty, refreshing, and with oudy depth at the same time. Very interesting and versatile
PioPio 2 years ago
This one stands out from the rest of TF private line. Its name says it all. Minerals, oud and fresh notes giving life to a lovely scent.
HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Authentic smelling sea water, well combined with dense tart, slightly fruity notes. Rather masculine, stylish & nice to wear.

...splash
by Maxdaman
by CharlAmbre
by CharlAmbre

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford