Oud Wood 2007 Eau de Parfum

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 4 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum)

Richard Herpin

OudOud
RosewoodRosewood
CardamomCardamom
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver
Tonka beanTonka bean
AmberAmber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 31.07.2021.

Jannikfi
Fantastic fragrance DNA that also allows combinations
A wonderful entry-level oud fragrance that has an average to good performance. He convinces me of the fragrance DNA absolutely and just the top and heart notes convince me with every use anew and confirm me in the purchase of this fragrance!

I own Oud Wood now already 1.5 years, but he finds regular use with me - especially in autumn I like it particularly well. But only recently I came across that this fragrance can also be combined with other fragrances excellent.

Two combinations that I particularly like are Oud Wood with Lavender Extreme or the sweeter and fruity version with Bitter Peach - both have done it to me lately very much and I can only advise everyone to try out these combinations. (Although I'm not the biggest fan of either combination scent solo, they really shine in combination)
I love that smell DNA
I love this smell just from Tom Ford Oud Wood, BUT the durability is underground for this price and the Silage could also be awenig better.

Me it sometimes reminds make a salmiac lolly (which there are at the fair, called DOM with us)
I just can't do without it. Would they improve the two points I have written above, I would really only wear the
Leprince069
Overhyped but basically not bad
The fragrance just doesn't live up to its hype. Ok, he is very sweet, he is digestible and he is also for party, date or Ausgehabend with friends applicable. But you don't have to buy Oud Wood for that, you can take any other good designer fragrance. The thing with the oud... well, it's just not really the oud you usually get. Just tamed, super debilitating and mild. Not at all comparable to real oud scents. But then again, it certainly wouldn't be as popular otherwise. I actually had quite high expectations, but was then slowed down a bit. Tom Ford fragrances are just overhyped in my opinion. They are as I said not bad, but in the price range there are already other niche fragrances that bring higher quality compositions on the road.
The G class of perfumes
A timeless classic, which is perfect for entry into the Oud world. The association G class of Mercedes is probably the most appropriate. cool, classic, masculine and not too intrusive, but with the right outfit a clear statement!

For me, Tom Ford Oud Wood fits best on occasions like...
- Date
- Business dinner
- Office
- Theatre
- as well as all occasions to dress up in your best suit.

This fragrance is hard to describe because as an oud fragrance it is not penetrating.
That is, therefore, an oud fragrance, which no slays but gently caresses the nose.
The rounding with the help of tonka bean and amber he donates warmth and sensuality, which makes the noble note.

For me personally, H + S in this price range should be even better.
Otherwise, a very good fragrance.

I hope this recession helps you

With kind regards
So different
Cool and yet warm. Emotionless and yet warm. Noble and yet perfect for every occasion. Simple and yet exciting. Gehypt and yet rightly on the Olympus.

With Oud has this fragrance probably nothing to do. But with what has the fragrance to do? Clearly with wood. But otherwise? With no other fragrance I find a scent description as difficult as with this one. It smells like... "Tom Ford Oud Wood" - finished.

For me, a fragrance that works especially well in cooler seasons and with black dress, but can definitely be worn all the time.

If it had a better H/S it would be a perfect powerhouse for me and a 10 out of 10!
FatjonHaziri
A masterpiece of the perfume world
So beautifully warm, yet not too overbearing. So beautifully created, yet not too complicated. Oud Wood is the Mercedes in the fragrance world for me. What does it smell like? Well, I personally feel like I'm smelling a blend of many spices that together create a new scent. Very well blended and by no means cheap smelling. The high price makes all the difference in that case. Despite being an "oud scent", this scent is not too strong, but a good beginning perfume to enter the world of oriental scents, in my opinion. Unfortunately, the durability, compared to other "oud fragrances" is not the very best, but is still not bad.
SinLaurent
Attracted to the other side...
I like opposites. And I like memories. Oud Wood has a permanent place in my heart that I will never give up. It may not be as good as it used to be, but as they say again, "you can't miss what you never had". Only dreaming would remain, but I'm already doing that. Yes, dream, dream and remember back.

I smell Oud Wood and feel like the substance is pulling me in. Through a tunnel through eternity, where I forget space and time and wake up in a parallel universe in a forest, leaning against a tree trunk on which I had fallen asleep. I decide to doze off for a few more seconds. Boom. Everyday life is calling. Tip tip tip, derivative acquisition of property, tip tip tip, valid causa, tip tip tip. Then suddenly, as if it had snuck up on me from behind, an air of pleasant warmth surrounds me. For a second I am back in the forest, letting my mind wander, still seeing the morning dew on the leaves, being there and breathing that familiar air. "Fellow student please!".... damn, what was the question?

It's starting to dawn as I tap out and I completely forget what I was supposed to be doing. I'm just a selectively disciplined person. I live for the moments, where rest and adventure unite in one. So I adjust my black mini-skirt as I pass by the church. It smells like sacred woods being burned, and I very briefly consider daring to make a quick detour. For God's (and the priest's) sake, I don't and keep walking.

Right now, I have no one by my side to share moments like this with. Sometimes I think about how I would take him by the hand, show him the starry sky and all the beautiful constellations. And we could talk together about everything, about our fears and our dreams, our plans and our weaknesses, because it will feel like the same eternity is echoing in two bodies. And we could be still together, together enjoying this balance of nature, this balance that we are also given by the woods of the earth. And I would look into his eyes and hope that he feels the same as I do. The peace and strength that familiar arms can give you.

But until then, I have the whole world. The whole world, and Oud Wood, who captivated me in my early 20s and has never let me down 3 years later after quite a few more experiences. Even though it might be more of a "men's perfume", or at least associated with it, I like that contrast. It is also just this dark undertone, the mystical, mysterious, the dark, which draws me so much under its spell
Manu87
Beautiful with flaws in the performance
First, thanks to Memento, he sent me a souk of Oud Wood.
The fragrance is super. He smells somehow different and yet not strange. He is very pleasing for a niche, but still something different. So I've grown to love it. H/S are the only troublemaker. The fragrance lasts around 5.5 hours on me. Silage could also be stronger for my taste. This is not the price range corresponding unfortunately.

TradeShark
The smell of a Russian bath
I bought it because this scent reminds me the smell of a Russian bath. Also it reminds me a Russian forest after a rain.
This is closest parfum to a Russian bath which I have sniffed.
I think, this is the best parfum from Tom Ford.

Giles
A masterpiece but no more
I was privileged to be able to buy this fragrance when it launched. It was a scent that was worshipped and perhaps still is. It is lovely and a must have in any collection. Many have commented on performance issues but to me this is a private fragrance to be shared intimately. But unfortunately it is no more. A prime example of large companies putting profit over quality. The 2020 version I bought to compare with my earlier bottles is so poor I am flabbergasted. The oud wood is no more I’m afraid.

BielwenassBielwenass 23 days ago
A versatile and very pleasant warm scent with bad longevity.
Blako11Blako11 2 months ago
Lástima que la reformularan. Como olor una maravilla, fue mi primer perfume de la marca.
MrLawmanMrLawman 3 months ago
Catchiest perfume name ever. Oud flows into Wood, just like the smell.
TorkeTorke 5 months ago
An amazing sober, versatile Oud scent.
Good both for the office and a night out.
Its below average performance makes it a bit overpriced
RazvanykeRazvanyke 5 months ago
The OG of niche Fragrances, it all started with it. I simply adore the calm mix of Oud, Cardamom and Sandalwood. Lasts long too, a winner!
VmasterVmaster 5 months ago
Good for a fragrance that contains synthetic oud. The expensive retail price makes people believe it contains real oud.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Oud Wood is spicy, dry, woody and creamy. Elegant scent with a touch of sweetness. The performance is very weak.
ScentwitchScentwitch 6 months ago
Incredible scent on my hubby, but short duration. For the money, it should last longer.
GreMuserGreMuser 11 months ago
Woody-rose fragrance, oud is very very in the background (luckily), still my favourite fragrance ever. Classy and for special occasions.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 1 year ago
A little exotic for my taste, and thats saying a lot, as I'm of East Indian extraction and a spiritual background.

by EveMist
by EveMist
by Irini
the scent of the forest...
by ESSAHSAV
by Graybeard
tom ford - oud wood: würziger nachtschatten des waldes...
by Felsn
Ludovico Einaudi meets Tom Ford
by Flanker
by Achilles
Das Bild zu meinem Vampirkommi. Der Louis war ja auch etwas melancholisch.
by Gandix
the scent of the forest...
by ESSAHSAV
by Stethoskop
by Stethoskop
Ausgewildert
by Floyd
Oud Wood trotzt dem Dunklen Lord ;)
by DavidBraz
by Bastian
In den Rheinauen
by JohnnyLaw
by OvidiuH
Eine tiefe Schlucht, Fresh!
by Andreas09
TF Oud Wood - für Fresh im Retro Style
by DSscents
by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
TF - Oud Wood Probefläschchen.  Vielen Dank dafür an Mustang69!
by AromaTikka
by DanyPereyra
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford