Oud Wood 2007Eau de Parfum

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 3 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum)

Richard Herpin

Oud, Rosewood, Cardamom, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Tonka bean, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.01.2021.

G.O.A.T.?
Everyone here surely remembers with pleasure with which fragrance his/her passion for perfumes was aroused.
With me it was Tom Ford Oud Wood.

In my youth, I had no particular affinity for perfumes.
Perfumes were a means to an end, a gift from the aunt, a small hope maybe to get a little better with the opposite sex.
The perfume department as a horrible torment used to keep Spongebob and Patrick from escaping from the Flying Hellscape, still an apt comparison for me at the time.

But then the whole thing changed ridiculously with a grooming article from GQ.
Here was namely the Tom Ford Oud Wood Body Spray advertised.
Since I had just times exceptionally as a student enough money on the high edge, I ordered me the spray on good luck.
And was directly thrilled. So good can smell so a perfume / body spray!
Every day I just had to smell it again and again so much has flashed me the fragrance.
Also my girlfriend at the time I have the fragrance directly gezeiget. The look revealed everything, this is the new number 1. Your ex had the then not yet so extremely known Aventus, but even for them that was a new level. However, since she had some idea about perfume, unlike me, she recommended I go straight for the Eau de Parfum. The price deterred me extremely, but I had to treat myself to 30ml. And with such an exceptional fragrance one had no choice anyway.

After that, my interest in perfumes was definitely aroused. If I find simply by chance such a perfume, who knows what there is then everything else on the market?

Even after a few years of searching, however, I must say, for me still nothing better.
This mixture of masculinity, light sweetness, and a certain freshness. Simply unbeatable.
Sure there are more unusual fragrances. Fragrances with more special scent progression. Perfumes with better price-performance ratio. But no fragrance gives me such a positive, warm feeling like Tom Ford Oud Wood.
Whether body spray, or the perfume.

Had I at the beginning, however, still like to get everyone in my environment to test this fragrance at least once, my enthusiasm has already ebbed a bit here. The price is simply brutal. And not every woman has reacted sooo enthusiastically to the fragrance, as I imagined at the beginning. Shindy and the YouTuber Justin have then additionally made the fragrance a bit very mainstream. Even though I've only smelled one other person wearing the perfume to date. (However, also applies to almost all perfumes, except Sauvage, Eros and One Million)
However, if there is someone here who has not yet tested the fragrance, he should make up for it as soon as possible.
G.O.A.T.?
For me, yes.
The search goes on, though, nnaturally....
Valued masterpiece by Mr. Ford
Lately I've been having an urge here to make my opinions known and post comments again.
In recent years, so many perfumes have come but also gone. I think with the years I find more and more my line in terms of fragrances and which are also good for me.
Oud Wood is such a fragrance.

The presentation is really very successful. Since Parfumo beginnings I'm a huge fan of the Tom Ford Private Blend Line and I think the look just super good in the collection. Just the 100ml with the gray label - Hammer. Sprüher is unfortunately "so la la" for the price.... Definitely in need of improvement!

The fragrance.
How good is it ? I never found oud fragrances so mine but this one ? Wow! Very oudy at first with the slightly pungent rosewood and the warm cardamom. I think the rosewood gives this medicinal vibe. But after a while this disappears and the scent becomes woody creamy. As many have written, this scent gives an aura of well middle class people who have money but don't necessarily show it. This is LITERALLY visible in the longevity. It's good but not super strong by any means. But this makes it just wearable everywhere which oud fragrances are not always as I find.

In conclusion.
This is a fragrance that will stay with me. I just super like to wear it and it gives the wearer a second skin with a beautiful aura. The composition, simple as it seems to be, but is highly complex composed. Nothing is out of place here. Top fragrance ! I think I have not reinvented the wheel here, but nevertheless I speak here my purchase recommendation - despite the price :)

Chrisniburg
I like him more and more
At first I was skeptical whether I would be blinded only because of the brand. The fragrance should be perse good. At least it is the price for 50ml not necessarily. Since this fragrance is one of the higher priced, my expectations were high.

The initial really medicinal (cool) fragrance evaporates very quickly and what remains is wood. And that in all facets. Over the hour becomes more and more pleasing. I wear him extremely happy meanwhile, but the durability is really not the best. After a little more than 6 hours end. I will still recommend him!
Alternatives ?
I have me ultimately times the classic Oud Wood bought and must say that I am purely thrilled by the fragrance DNA. Unfortunately, I still had to find that this fragrance has a ridiculous durability and therefore wonder why I actually spend so much money.

I am looking for a very similar smelling perfume with longer shelf life and greater sillage for the following reason. The price does not matter for now.

Still a beautiful day!

Nils

Ptsau
Nice scent but niche price with weak designer performance
I didn’t like the opening but like it a lot once it dries down to the heart. It’s classy, bold but easy to wear and versatile woody with oud scent. I don’t know if there’s real oud but I can definitely smell little bit of oud there and mainly woody dominated.

But very disappointed by its performance. It stays very close to the skin and only last 4-6 hours then scent is all gone. I don’t know if it’s because of my skin chemistry since I have medium skin tone and a little dry. I cannot justify its cost since it’s at a niche price. Scent is nice tho.
My favorite of the Private Blends
The fragrance Oud Wood by Tom Ford was my very first from the series To this day, he also remained my favorite from the Private Blend series, I would even go out and say my all time favorite fragrance.
The fragrance is kept very simple. I experience when spraying on the fragrance also no great sequence of several fragrance contents. The fragrance smells now times on my skin all the time the same.
The only thing I can say about the course is that the fragrance smells less creamy and more woody after some time.

Start the fragrance with a large dose of tonka bean and a very light freshness, which is probably due to the vetiver After a great top note, the oud and the sandalwood help themselves to the fragrance, which are still expanded by cardamom (I hardly notice the cardamom, however).
From that point on, the fragrance remains quite monotonous on my skin, but that's exactly what I love about it. When you meet a person in the late evening smells the fragrance still very similar to the
First sprayer, since he maintains the creamy of the top note.

In conclusion, I can put everyone this fragrance to the heart. He is the perfect perfume for a beginner in the direction of wood and oud, which likes to invest a little more money in perfumes.
You get with the fragrance a lot of compliments and he is, compared to other oud fragrances, not immediately stamped as something "weird / smelly", which unfortunately happens with some other great oud and wood fragrances.
Freddy2010
At some point, scent alone is no longer enough...
It is basically really a jammer, before which one stands automatically, as soon as one would like to get a bottle of Oud Wood. Based on samples, bottlings or previous bottles, you know how great this fragrance smells..., and at the same time you know that you will not have more than an hour of pleasure in / with him.
I really enjoy wearing this fragrance. In the job he exudes to the black chino and white shirt this woody-cool sovereignty. He is unexcited, he does not shout - with luck he is noticed, but for the majority of the environment he probably ekes out a Pumuckl existence - you do not see, smell and notice him. And that's just the huge problem, about which I'm really annoyed, because I'm sure that the manufacturer could give the fragrance with this or that chemical modification a completely different power.
Admittedly: Oud Wood certainly doesn't have it easy if its wearer, like me, bounces between a few powerhouses of the fragrance world on a daily basis. So my favorites in the closet are usually Creed's Aventus, Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanilla and Tuscan Leather, as well as Amouage's Interlude Man and Jubilation XXV. No question, the as far as projection and durability, a duel with Tobacco Vanilla or Interlude Man to start, is brave to hopeless, but if even a Dior Homme Intense or Fahrenheit, which are available for a fifth of the Oud Wood price, even four times as long to last, then I lose the understanding.
Just yesterday I dared again the test: After showering Oud Wood applied, and this time even quite deliberately a splash directly on the shirt, to check whether it is at least there still perceivable in the evening. What can I say?! I barely had the latte macchiato for breakfast in my glass before I couldn't even detect any more Oud Wood. I don't have to mention that this is different with Interlude Man and Co. Throughout the day: Zero! And when I take off my shirt last night and sniff the "spray spot", there is: NOTHING! The only thing I smell is the fabric softener I used to wash the shirt a week ago (!!!). That means a bottle of fabric softener for 2,99 Euro keeps its scent for more than a week without any problems, while a 100ml bottle of Oud Wood, for which I spend almost 300 Euro, doesn't even last until noon?!?! Even a Fa shower gel for 1,69 Euro lasts much longer on my skin than an Eau de Parfum for several hundred Euro...! Did I already say that I completely lack understanding...?!
For me, at least, it is certain that this has been my last Oud Wood bottle. While I don't yet know how or what I'm going to use the 100ml I just opened, what I do know is that I'll be going back to other scents after my morning shower in the future. From a certain point, in terms of projection and durability, successful fragrance compositions alone are just no longer enough...
Performance
This is not a comment on the fragrance, which has already been sufficiently commented. It is for me still a terrific Duftkompenstition, no longer as ingenious and refined as the old in the brown / golden bottle, but still very pleasing. My ex-was really fuzzy with the fragrance and also other ladies react quite very positively to this fragrance.
But what happened? First the brown version has exactly that certain green something what the gray is missing. It seems smokier, more transparent, the brown greener, earthier. Nevertheless, both have for me this Sexy/Dirty/Elegante Dna, from therefore this was for me first okay...
I have owned over the years various OW bottles, (1x30ml, 4x50ml, 2x100ml)
What struck me is that the fragrances with age actually shone more, the performance nevertheless decreased more and more and an alcohol note increased, but what my current 2/2 100ml / A40 bottle delivers in performance is simply away cheeky! (even compared to its predecessor bottle 50ml / Batch B19, still contains some splashes, so draw side by side comparisons).
Penetrant, really disgusting spirit / alcohol note in the opening (1-3min), after 5min "at the peak", after 30min only skin close perceptible.
Even with overdose even on clothes and hair, he no longer holds and shines after 30min.
He is original from the turquoise, no tester or the like, freshly opened, I'm not smell-blind, Unfeld also takes little to nothingmehr perceived after a short time.
The created Dna is nevertheless indisputably a true masterpiece, a real milestone.
Even if I have long overbroken and he partly even annoy me, he is just unfortunately now as inconspicuous, daring as his new (gray) design suggests.
Too bad, I wish the brown stronger (not strong powerhouse, he never was, but he was potent!) greener, earthier old brother again, not his boring become gray suit wearing little brother.
He seems a bit like a young wild one who has now, aged far too soon, works in a grey boring suit in a savings bank, is under the rod of his wife and young daughter and has given up his potency.
The bull has more or less cut off his horns....

A 10/10
A magnificent, perfectly unisex, fresh, utterly addictive and high quality oud scent.

Although I like my heavy leather fragrances, there are plenty perfect places and occasions to pull this masterpiece out of its box: forest walks on rainy days, special occasion on work or just for yourself to enjoy when sitting on the couch sipping on your beverage of choice.

Oud Wood is a royal, transcendent, monumental and tender interpretation of oud with a bit gentle, soft and kind opening notes of enjoyable and pleasant oud, moderatly sweet and nutty cardamom and romantic and sensual rose.During mid development, woody/earthy elements begins to surface, vetiver and sandalwood, mixed with spices, vanilla and oud.This all leads into a bit dark, creamy, earthy and spicy base with dominant sandalwood and vetiver and with a wisper of tonka, oud and vanilla.

A perfect 10/10 score on my card.

How do you score it?
Nickemann30
It smells like cranberries to me
I don't know if I'm the only one with this association but I just can't not smell it. Whenever I spray myself on it I have to think of lingonberries with Köttbullar from Ikea. Nevertheless, a delicious autumn fragrance with which you really can not go wrong

GreMuserGreMuser 5 months ago
Woody-rose fragrance, oud is very very in the background (luckily), still my favourite fragrance ever. Classy and for special occasions.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 7 months ago
A little exotic for my taste, and thats saying a lot, as I'm of East Indian extraction and a spiritual background.
BeOrtegaBeOrtega 9 months ago
Smells like Fragrance Du Bois - Cannabis Intense
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 10 months ago
Ein toller Duft um in die Welt des Ouds einzutauchen. Tom Ford hat es geschafft eine sanfte Variante zu schaffen!
Toller Duft
CumhranfearCumhranfear 1 year ago
My association: concentrated vegetable stock. Can't get past that.
KingPinKingPin 1 year ago
Great night-out stuff. Perhaps not for a karaokebar in Kansas, but definitely for a black tie event I London.
SAQIBSAQIB 2 years ago
Amazing Scent, Love it, only problem is Longevity.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A nice well behaved oud fragrance. It's harmless in such away that it does not seem to be a Tom Ford private line perfume. It's overpriced.
AscentusAscentus 2 years ago
Can't stop smelling....
Mike1337Mike1337 2 years ago
surprisingly fresh and light while genuinely oud woody

by EveMist
by EveMist
by Graybeard
tom ford - oud wood: würziger nachtschatten des waldes...
by Felsn
Ludovico Einaudi meets Tom Ford
by Flanker
Das Bild zu meinem Vampirkommi. Der Louis war ja auch etwas melancholisch.
by Stethoskop
by Stethoskop
Ausgewildert
by Floyd
Oud Wood trotzt dem Dunklen Lord ;)
by Gury
by Gury
by DavidBraz
by DavidBraz
by Parzival852
by Parzival852
Mehr alter Baum als Tom
by OvidiuH
Eine tiefe Schlucht, Fresh!
by Andreas09
by DanyPereyra
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford