Oud Wood (2007)Eau de Parfum

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Richard Herpin

Oud, Rosewood, Cardamom, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Tonka bean, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.01.2020.

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Kali84
Schizophrenia par excellene or something similar
This is exactly how I feel when I want to carry out the scent or not or not or not or but. The Tom is quite unique as they say nowadays. This fresh, slightly minty start is like a little wake-up call. Good morning I am here, we can start right now. Somehow the scent is opposite to the way I actually know it. It starts at 101% and then gradually becomes more comfortable. The woods, which are dry for me, give him a certain sovereignty, an Asus-radiance of a man who knows what he is and how he appears to the outside world. Self-assured, determined and consistent. And despite his serious appearance he becomes more comfortable in the evening and is looking forward to the family he has at home. And that's exactly how Tom ends, he becomes somewhat creamy and a flatterer.
The question I always ask myself is when do I take Tom out. Because many other wonderful fragrances also fit to the occasions to which you take it with you. As good as I find it, it's of little use to me. Tom yes Tom no Tom yes Tom no. The game keeps coming back. Nevertheless it is a fragrance that is not missing in my collection. I would like to see a better performance
10.0 8.0 6.0 10.0/10

A hate love
I hate and love this fragrance at the same time I've been listening to Tom Ford for a long time for reasons of self-protection :D, 100€ for 30ml is not little, of course Tom Ford is a successful designer and fashion designer, he can also be paid for that - but I couldn't reconcile it with my conscience to spend hundreds of Euros on one fragrance About half a year ago a friend gave it to me for my birthday, from that time on the drama started, I had no idea until then how the perfume smells because I usually order my fragrances on the Internet and there are only Douglas and Müller markets near me where there are no testers of TF, when I had the fragrance directly unpacked sprayed and my worst fears were, I love it, I have never smelled anything so good, for whatever reason i felt better who i had oud wood on me, a mixture of self-confidence and drive, i smelled again and again on my wrist where i applied 2x sprays but already after three - four hours the smell was hardly noticeable, unfortunately i was very annoyed at first, such a good smell and then a soooooo low durability, that makes the price even worse. I decided to wear the fragrance only on special occasions and to wear it correctly The next morning I got up, took a shower and looked at my perfume collection (about 20 fragrances) I was thinking about which one to take and I didn't want to/could not take any other one except Oud Wood
Since this TAg I regularly use Oud Wood as my standard perfume, although I can't reconcile the price in combination with the durability with my certain, I love this fragrance so much, I have tried many other fragrances that are supposed to go in that direction or are "fragrance twins", M7 or Versace Noir etc. but none of them comes close to 100% to the TF Oud Wood
Meanwhile I am the proud owner of a TF Body Oil, Shower Gel, Body Spray and Skin Cream just because of the smell "oud wood" every time I use one of these products I hate myself, and love myself all the more at the same time.

Why am I willing to spend so much money on fragrances despite their durability and price?
1- We should all be aware that a perfume no matter how high quality ingredients or how inferior in a 100 ML version costs a maximum of 20 €, whether Tom Ford, Chanel etc...

2- The placebo effect, I am aware that the perfume is neither an elixir that makes me more self-confident nor does it have an ingredient that automatically makes me feel better, but nevertheless it is the same with me and that is also something nice that is worth a small extra charge just because it is a placebo effect, it does not mean that it is something bad
3-The durability is still an absolute cheek but in combination with the oil and BodySpray this will be better, a little tip sometimes I just spray some BodySpray on the neck and on the shirt and leave out the EdP, the whole thing also lasts about 2.5 hours and is in relation to the ratio wesslich cheaper.
9.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

3lbows
This shouldn't hurt at all!

Perfumes, interesting at least, often awaken associations in us, memories of certain situations, of special times we associate with them, of childhood memories. A smell can build up a whole picture, a mood.

TF's Oud Wood is such a candidate for me. Immediately after spraying on it puts me back about 30 years.

There's this vague excitement, this discomfort. A memory of long waiting, of an aquarium, a large wall clock without numbers, also of pain, but much more of the head cinema around it. To diagnosis: Holes.

And to the sentence: "This shouldn't hurt at all!

Yes. At the dentist.

Waiting there on the chair in the treatment room, when the doctor is still clearly audible in the second room, which is laid out parallel to it, doing his work. Just minutes until he turns to me.

Then - the doctor's assistant, briefly a look into "my" treatment room - a pair of scissors, or a pinch or what I know is needed, and so the lady slides past me and opens the small cupboard that separates the two treatment rooms to remove the utensil, and at the same time gives a brief glimpse of my mirrored fate in the second treatment room
And then - the smell when she opens the cupboard: Woody, clean, not unpleasant, but sterile and cold. Wood doesn't really smell that way. But oranges don't smell like Fanta either. DSquared's He Wood series is much closer (to the wood - not to Fanta). But a pharmacy cabinet smells the same. Like Oud Wood. And no different. If there was a class here, I'd classify Oud Wood as medically woody. Above the oud lies a light, almost spherical sweetness, detached from the actual wood scent, but always accompanying and characterising it. I don't know where the medical association comes from, but it gives the fragrance a certain freshness that makes it wearable even on cooler summer days. He always seems distanced, so that I see him more in the business area; He fits into the office, to shirt and tie (or mouthguard), especially to formal meetings.

It's handcrafted to perfection - as if made of one piece. Durability and sillage are perfectly matched to the above-mentioned purpose of use: Present for a long time, but never intrusive, it has a very linear finish, becoming thinner, fresher and sometimes even slightly acidic towards the end. Except for this sweet echo mentioned before, it's not really complex either, yet it has a recognizable value. Versace's Oud Noir also picks up on the theme, but with the addition of smoky patchouli it becomes much more organic and versatile. Otherwise I wouldn't know anything comparable.

As I said, I did a great job until the end of the drydown, without corners and edges, but not mine. You always expect the perfume to somehow mirror itself. Here Oud Wood can offer me nothing, at least nothing with which I could identify myself.

Really cheap is the pleasure Tom Ford typical of course not. In return you get an eel-smooth understatement business fragrance in a perfect presentation. From the sprayer to the flacon - that would not attract the attention of the physician assistant in the small cabinet in question further
8.0 8.0 7.0 10.0/10

DubaiPiotr
So good that testers in the perfumeries were always stolen
At the beginning there were never any testers of this perfume, because they were either always stolen or completely empty. I understand why, too. The scent is simple... WOW. The first time I smelled it, I knew THAT IS IT. Don't know the whole TF series but the fragrance is in any case 1st league. Unfortunately, the durability is not quite as you would like with the price. That's why the 100ml are empty in no time. But I'd buy Oud Wood over and over again. As far as the fragrance process is concerned, the perfume doesn't really change much until the end. What you spray in the beginning, you have in your nose, until it is no longer perceptible. You have to spray more often :) My "perfume addiction" began in Dubai and the fragrance embodies everything that always rises up your nose in Dubai on the JBR Walk or in the malls. Either you love it or you hate it. Oud Mineral is also very nice. I still have to test Oud Fleur. Tom Ford fragrances generally have addictive potential.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Strong & Mainstream
I asked my uncle about the fragrance years ago and asked myself - "What is it? Wood and...??".
After some time I got the scent myself and was unsure when to apply it, despite the pleasure. It smells very good, strong, lasts long - but is also somehow intrusive.
In my opinion nothing for the office but great to go out in the winter evenings.
Can I recommend it exactly for the current season as it gives a cosy feeling - which is due to the woody scent and the touch of Oud -.
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

The first step...
Just wow! That's what I thought when I sprayed this fragrance on my wrist for the first time in a perfumery. I've owned a few perfumes before, but I didn't really get to grips with them, especially not in this price range. I figured okay, that smells pretty good, and then I took it. But with Oud Wood it was quite different, I suddenly started to interpret so much into a fragrance. I felt very different from all the other fragrances I had ever worn.
Self-confident, expressive and according to the motto "here I am", that's how I feel with this fragrance. 2-3 sprayings were enough and the smell was like an aura around me, which didn't let me go anymore. In the first moment came a fresh kick that was by no means cheap and is maintained throughout. In the second act there is a dry wooden note and at the end it becomes very smooth and rounded. For me my absolute favorite fragrance, which also brought me into the world of fragrances and has devoured me since then. I never thought I'd ever write such a comment or even be registered on a page about perfume. For me fragrances were just a nice accessory that I used from time to time but Tom Ford opened the gates to a new world for me with this perfume and increased my interest in fragrances enormously so that my collection now continues to expand.
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Norleans
Pleasing nose flatterer.... in the early days
Good Oud Wood was one of my first so-called "niche fragrances", and you'd be amazed: Even before my time at Parfumo! :-) I had to owe this to a busy saleswoman in the Hamburger Hof Parfumerie in the Alstertal shopping centre. Two months earlier, the lady recommended Aventus, which was still completely unknown to me. That I had smelled somewhere before, but no clue about the manufacturer, the incredibly huge differences of the different batches (sorry, I somehow got on the irony button) and the high popularity had.

But I would like to write about Oud Wood, which I always pronounced as "Aut-Wutt", but is actually called "Uuut-Wutt". I found this sweet-woody spiciness really interesting and it was a nice contrast to my then only other bottle in my possession (Aventus above). I was (about 1.5 years ago) still so terribly naive to believe that two fragrances are perfectly sufficient. And so I had something fresh and sweet. Fits.
Then dawned the era of the great destruction of money and expansion of consciousness, namely my membership in Parfumo. As already mentioned in another comment at some point, we had a truck in the yard several times a week that dumped samples and fillings in bulk into our driveway. I sniffed my way through many, many scents, found some great treasures, but also found many things that didn't flatter my nose.
The times have calmed down a bit now, I also don't order any more fillings, because I paid a little too often for a bottle that its MHD had clearly exceeded, or the "always dark and cool storage" was just a phrase. I prefer to go to the (also niche) perfumery and sniff the original bottle if I'm interested in a new fragrance
Through the wild months of greed for fragrance I have noticed that my favourite direction is somewhere between soapy fresh and spicy woody citric, exceptions also confirm the rule here. The good Oud Wood became too "bulky" and monotonous for me because of the nose training. The durability also left something to be desired with me. The lack of fragrance development and the too early sneaking away of the Sillage led then to the fact that my flacon left me then sometime and found its luck now with another perfume.

The nuances have already been explained and discussed in many ways, so that I save my time and yours for it.
I can understand the very good grade of currently 8.6, but find it somewhat exaggerated in the wonderful selection in the perfume world, as soon as you know more scents from this genre. Oud Wood is, as with me, the drumbeat and if necessary the starting shot for a new or rediscovered love for fragrances. However, it is a small dazzler and lives a little from the not quite justified reputation. Doubtless it is a solid scent that nobody really gets to the sa..., uh pointer. The current 890 users of Oud Wood show this impressively.

I didn't want to spoil this scent or criticize anyone's nose, but simply gave my taste development back to the example of my personal experience.

Thanks for reading
8.0 7.0 7.0/10

At the Oudist beach, part 5: Fords O-model, 1. fresh 2. wood 3. cuddle
Exceptions (so far one: Mandarino di Amalfi) confirm the rule: Tom Ford fragrances don't grab me. Maybe unfair, maybe I just don't like them and smell them with a too critical attitude, maybe blind tests would give a different result, no idea. Anyway, this Oud Wood belonged here to the category "rule", not to "exception".

For me a technically neatly made, nice and well wearable fragrance with little enthusiasm potential. That's why my comment is sober, maybe even allowed to be:

Oud Wood seems to me to be a rather linear fragrance that is spanned between three poles:

The first is a very fresh, a little bit mucose-cleaning note that definitely lasts the entire scent arch for a long time. From the given notes cardamom and amber fits, but I'm pretty sure that there is more, citric, pepper and eucalyptus come into my mind. So some kind of generic universal multifresh.

The second corner of the triangle is marked by a rather dry woody-tart (but not spicy) note, which is absolutely plausible in the list of ingredients by rosewood, sandalwood and vetiver, and of course the oud also belongs here. I do, however, join those pre-reviewers who have noted that "Oud Wood" doesn't smell particularly oudous. Rather general, I would humbly say. There's no law that if it says "Oud" on it, there must be Oud in it. It's not orange juice.

And third, there's a cuddly, fluffy corner that's so fluffy that it can't actually be called a "corner". So it's more of a two-corner, where the third runner somehow consists of a round flokatite carpet. To this Tonka and Amber would fit.

As long as these three poles remain reasonably balanced, it works very well, but for my taste the fleece spreads over time and subjugates his two buddies according to the motto: "We are the Borg, they are assimilated". Although the freshness and the woodiness are still recognizable, at some point the dominant features are all too soft musk, sweet chocolate gourmand treats and a somewhat exhausting, suspicious dense and thick air, which, if I were to work at the Federal Office for Evaporation Protection, would cause the cashmere suspicion.

When I see that Oud Wood has almost 900 owners here despite its quite pronounced price, I am a little aghast, because in my opinion there are many more beautiful Oud fragrances. But of course, with our hobby (almost) everything is subjective, and I don't find this Holztom bad either. But number 301 on the watch list will be someone else than me.
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

It took a long time.
Oud Wood, almost an icon. What else can you expect from a man who was the first to dare and manage to make Oud mainstream. Tom Ford already proved with the M7 that an everyday fragrance doesn't necessarily have to stay away from the oud. Here he added a few more shovels and finished the whole thing even rounder, even more pleasant and even more flattering. (Not that the two scents have anything in common)
If I said I liked that scent from the beginning, I'd be lying. After reading a lot of very positive things about the fragrance, he disappointed me a little at first, to be honest. It took a few attempts until I understood that this fragrance is something really special.
First tried a few times in perfumeries, then lost sight of them. I ordered a sample, then I left it. But every time I held this little sample in my hand, I had to smell it. At some point, when I sprayed it on myself, I noticed for the first time how expressively this scent spreads. He embodies a mixture of self-confidence, charm and sovereignty but all in the most comfortable and warm form possible. At the same time expressive and reserved, according to the motto 'I may be seen calmly, because I know what I can do'.
The oud is very soft and pleasant throughout, which is rounded off even more by the cardamom note. In my opinion the scent is relatively linear and not very complicated, which is a good thing.
Rounding off a fragrance that took a little longer, but in the end is an integral part of my collection because it deserves it.
8.0 6.0 9.0 8.0/10

almost too subtle
Maybe I'm wrong, but after the first application I thought I smelled a slight animal note when I was close to the perfume ranging. The opening was definitely woody and mixed with a strong note of Ambroxan. Fortunately the scent becomes milder after a while, the sandalwood can be clearly smelled. In the further course a light freshness makes itself bermerkbar which brings along a soapy note. The scent definitely lasts a working day with me, because it is so discreet I would also recommend it for work. For me personally he is almost too discreet, he should have a bit more pep in the course of time. In my opinion, it is in any case suitable for mass production and everyday use, as the oud is only easily noticed at the beginning. A typical woody/chemical oud scent is unfortunately missing.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Into the wood!
"I am (Gr)ooooud!"

That's how I felt when I first perfumed Oud Wood.
"Damn, I smell like a forest! A Waaaald! COOL!" Three sprays were enough to build a kind of aura around me that lasted longer than any other fragrance. "That can't be it, can it?! It's been eight hours since I put it on, and I still smell it myself. Okay, the price is high - but apparently fair."

Oud Wood by Tom Ford has something magical and it has done something to me and my immediate environment. I don't know exactly what, but it's something very positive; a feeling you want to have again and again. Is that how drugs feel? I don't know... It warms my heart, my energy is clenching in my chest, I'm wearing some kind of superhero cape around my shoulders. I know, I know... is the boy crazy? Apparently yes! This all happened yesterday on day 1.

This morning I could hardly wait to finally put some of the "good stuff" on again. After the shower and applying the cream, I applied the perfume again. Half an hour later I thought "hmmm... where's the forest now? Hello, Wald? Hello warmth?! Huh, did I do something wrong?!"

None of what happened the day before happened. After 1,5 hours I have even added something...
(Slowly my writing style seems to me to describe an LSD intoxication... ?????????)
But then my immediate colleagues noticed the replenishment - but this time it was "negative". "Wow, somebody's gotten diesel in here." That was the general original sound. Yeah, I smelled it, too - but it smelled like a perfume, not like the Holy Grail. I am confused. It was from the same bottle... Batch A39.

Isn't that right? Should I give my nose a break? Monoculture is never particularly advisable...but after only one day? Help.
9.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

GrosseNase
Woodcutter's son, a successful real estate agent
My principle of ratings should be kept simple and clear. I am a perfume lover, but no expert in smelling and taking apart fragrances. My experiences should be shared in a user-friendly and "beginner open" way. We are one, my dear perfumos!

Opening: starts razor sharp and has a slightly synthetic, but by no means "cheap" touch. One is reminded of a very clean, tidy and perfect dentist's room for private patients.

Drydown: Here begins the magic! The slightly synthetic becomes an authentic, natural and pleasant wood/ud scent. You have left the dentist's office and sit in a luxury car, where the interior is made of handmade wood and fine leather. The fragrance smells cuddly, sexy, minimally sweet and masculine.

Shelf life: lasts a good 8 hours.

Sillage: Here it could come to "problems, depending upon conditions. But a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours good performance is possible. Then comes and goes the dear oud Wood.

Uniqueness: unique specimen! For me a special fragrance.

Occasion: suit, shirt, chic dress in general. Also well suited for weddings, but during club visits it could look weak against the sweet and performancest competitors. Depending on type and personality, but also wearable in the club if you like to flirt often and thus seek closeness to the other person.

Sex: male

Feedback environment: from positive compliments to curious questions about the scent I wear. Until you then call the price, the facial features remain very happy and "satisfied" :D

Visualisation: A woodcutter's son (mid-20/ early-30s), for example, who decided against the heritage of the hut in the woods and became a successful real estate agent in the big city, could wear the scent. Long, tied hair, 3-day beard or well-groomed full beard, drives Porsche and you can only see him in a suit. By Tom Ford of course :P

I thank you very much for your time and hope that I was able to help some colleagues.

Love greetings
Dani
7.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

DerDefcon
The infusion, which isn't actually an infusion.
A room with wooden benches, as well as wood on the walls, towel rails next to the narrow door, towels, in the room distributed five middle-aged men, those discussing God and the world.

Herbert: Man, Bernd! It smelled great around here lately. I mean, that was you.

Bernd: Oh, I can well imagine what you mean, Bernd. That was

Herbert: Yes, that smelled so slightly smoky, but somehow also bitter. I can't describe it exactly. That had something to do with the ointment my wife sometimes takes for her psoriasis. But there was also some wooden stuff with it. Oh, I don't know. I don't know. Roch in any case after medicine.

Bernd: Well, Herbert, that was

Harri: Well, I didn't smell anything medical. I thought one of you two experts stole my wife's bath salts. She's always using stuff like that with a rose-ding wood-um scent. But it smelled like you mixed it up with something.

Bernd: Well that was with ...

Herbert: It was mixed with this wood, with this medical thing I was just talking about. Are you listening to me?

Harri: Now calm down. I just came into the room a few minutes later. You've been sitting there for a while. And this bathing suit of my little mermaid smells like wood at home, too, but it certainly doesn't smell like medicine. It smells really nice, soft and smooth, really aromatic and a bit like wood. But to comfort you, I can say I also heard a slightly bitter note. What do you think, Harald? You haven't said anything yet.

Harald: Well, you bitch bitch, you bust each other like any other wat. What's there to say, huh? But yes, that smelled really funny. So not bad or anything. Ick thought my Inge had moved her kitchen in here. It's just an Orient trip. Wat die allet is testing on jewels ... manometer. Ick just wants a piece of schnitzel at home.

Herbert: Jo, that smelled like spices at some point. A little hot. I can agree with you on that.

Harald: There you go. Nothing to do with medicine and other stuff. Dit smelled like my Inge's kitchen when she was testing around. I'm scared I'm gonna get some ice cream in my monkey's brain sometime. Do you know dit in Indiana Jones when those are there in the palace?

Bernd: No, Harald! Not again! Every time you talk about the "cooking skills" of your loved ones, we inevitably come across cow's-eye soups, snakes as a starter or the well-known monkey brain on ice. You're fantasizing too much. Let your wife do it. She's got taste. What you smelled there was probably cardamom and it's in

Harald: I need to interrupt you. I don't care what that was. It just smelled like inge's kitchen with its woody touch.

Harri: Don't forget the bath additive!

Harald: Yes, the och.

Bernd: Well, my friends. I guess it smelled like br /> yesterday
Hauke: Hold your cheeks for a second, Bernd. I haven't said anything here yet. You're babbling here in a tour.

Bernd: Um, so. That's

Herbert: Exactly! Let the others talk, Bernd.

Hauke: You can do it now, Bernd. Well, I admit openly that I also heard something woody with a lot of spice. But when I got there, a little late - I know - it smelled so sweet, don't you think? Sure, still spicy, a little woody, but also a little sweet.

Bernd: Nice, as you remember. That seems to have really stayed in your minds.

Harald: Sure! Warn great infusion. But ick sniff that already again, but also only janz janz easily.

Harri: Yes, there have been more intense things here.

Hauke: Smells good. Could be stronger, though. Join me.

Bernd: That's not

Harald: It's now. Jenug. Ick wants to water here now. I'm going to make my Uffguss. He's really shooting. Best musk and onion combination with a pinch of cordamam, cardomam ... oh, wat weeß ick.

Bernd: You and your jokes, Harald. I'm gonna try this one last time. What you smelled came from me. I wore this on my body. Just let me finish talking. I was wearing a perfume that day

Harald: Wat? You'll grease yourself with the Uffguss? Bahh... next time we'll put you in the bowl in the middle.

Bernd: I give up.

Harri: Harald?! What... smells ... here ... so?

Hauke: I'll quickly find myself another sauna.

Herbert: Harald is serious. You're disgusting. My goodness!

Harald: Höhö. I guess I got a sauna for me, just me. # You're all right, ne!

Herbert: Let's go somewhere else, Bernd. You brought your infusion. Harry mixed his own stuff here
Bernd: And I thought he was just kidding. That stuff is against the Geneva Convention.

Harri: For this you belong to The Hague, Harald.

Harald: Yes, you want to cry now, or wat?

Herbert: Come on, Bernd. We're going to enjoy your infusion somewhere else. At least your stuff smelled good
Bernd: Sure, it smells good, but that's not

Harri: Bernd! Stop whining. I want to get out of here and you're standing in the door.

Bernd: Okay, I'm really giving up now.

Herbert: Bernd! The door!

Bernd: Oh, yes ... i'm going.

Harald: Hehe!
8.0 3.0 4.0 10.0/10

Disappointed love!
At the end of May, after consulting a perfumery in Holland and saying that I was looking for something 'unique', the saleswoman Oud Wood sprayed me on the skin and let me sniff this fragrance. "Not my case" was more of an understatement, I didn't like it. A few minutes passed and as I walked through the streets I smelled something unique, something incredibly tasty, something special, something that made me weak. At one point my partner said, "That's you smelling like that!" - And in fact, that was me. I hurried back to the perfumery and the lady was so friendly and gave me a sample to take along.

In the following days I sprayed Oud Wood on me again and again, it was unbelievable. I couldn't stop experiencing this scent, absorbing it, loving it. I had the feeling that my aura would change through this scent, it was so good. It was indescribable, this woody, slightly oudige, yet soft, gentle and absolutely incomprehensible smooth fragrance experience. I was approached several times, asked about my scent. Oud Wood and I were supposed to become a love story.

But as is so often the case with these love stories that emerge so quickly, a sobering disappointment soon comes about - I shouldn't be any different.

So I bought 100 ml Oud Wood in a perfumery in Germany, couldn't wait to call this fragrance my property. Arriving home I ripped open the packaging, applied the scent and enjoyed the experience of wearing my first own Tom Ford. The joy just didn't last very long. More precisely, about 90 minutes, that was the moment when my partner came home and I let her sniff my neck and forearm full of excitement and tension - "Huh? What am I supposed to smell?". I smelled myself on my forearm... nothing! The scent was gone. I blamed the heat and applied three more sprayers. I could smell it, my partner only weakly and she asked me if I had bought an eau de toilette by mistake because of the sillage there, which I denied and, just to be on the safe side, insured myself again at the bottle. And less than two hours had passed - no trace of Oud Wood. At best a hint of vanilla, but only if you pressed your nose directly against your skin.

I gave the scent a week's time, tested, sniffed, let others sniff, applied sometimes more and sometimes less (record 10 sprays on the forearm) - always with the same result: After at the very latest two hours there was an end in the terrain, no scent perceptible any more.

During this week I got the feeling of losing my mind... There was this sample from this one perfumery, which smelled so unbeatable, held so eternally and had a sillage, which knocked my environment and me down and then there was this bottle, 100 ml, from which, it seemed to me, a watery version of Oud Wood came out, which after a short time nobody, but also really nobody could perceive any more.

After 9 days I carried the fragrance back to the perfumery, my head bent, love disappointed. Disappointments have something good: One was deceived by something, now one has recognized the deception and thus one is disappointed. But could that have been all of it? I spent a good hour in the perfumery, where I was advised by the lady about alternatives and other fragrances. We came to no result, because I wanted nothing else than this one fragrance.

I'm still hoping to find out sometime that there was a temporary problem with the batches or the production, a mistake in the chain, this one bottle accidentally broken, what do I know what... until then I remember this one sample from the perfumery in Holland and the hope that Oud Wood and I will one day find each other again? Because can great love really disappoint you so much?!
8.0 7.0 5.0 10.0/10

Warm. Smooth. Tender.
One of the best known private blends from Tom Ford and probably also one of the best known niche fragrances ever. Oud Wood is often copied and never reached, its unique scent can be recognized everywhere.

Oud wood is exactly what it says: oud and wood. Not everyone is right to have access to the rotten, oriental incense of oud, but TF embeds oud so discreetly in other woods that I don't know any more accessible and delicate variant of an oud perfume. It is the perfect balance of three aromatic and warm woods.

Yes, Oud Wood is wooden, but without associations of forest or resinous log cabin, on the contrary, it has something as sweet and warm as a cozy bed or a bubble bath. In fact, the fragrance often reminds me of oriental bath oils with sandalwood.

All-season wearable at any time of the day. Almost suspicious how effortlessly elegant he looks. Except for the sport absolutely universal!

For me there is no better TF scent, unfortunately the durability is underground. Unfortunately also increasingly worse, but this can be noticed in the last years increasingly with TF.
Clear recommendation, test before and compare prices. Originals, if necessary B-Ware, occasionally also for 140€/50ml to get
9.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Cosy Mysticism
This fragrance was the first in a long time without perfume in my life. Saw by chance a good offer for 30ml, read me the ratings here and bought it blind, just for fun. I didn't know back then that he would give me a new way into the still undiscovered world of fragrance with his high-quality grace.

Actually a lot has already been said about this fragrance, it deserves its good reputation. Really one of the best fragrances (as far as I can tell from the abundance).

It was probably reformulated. My version (2018) is absolutely fine in terms of performance and quality. Maybe he's a bit closer to the body, definitely not a beast, but with Molecule 01 as a base he works great if you want to get more out of him.

Oud Wood is more than "just a perfume" to me. Very mystical, beguiling and soothing. Kind of "Zen" or "aura you can smell". One of the fragrances I wear only for myself at home or special occasions (e.g. last Christmas), birthday, special date etc.

A precious gem. From time to time I just sniff the bottle, it calms and flatters.

In the outside world, he is pleasantly conspicuous. In any case "something different", "yes, understand, he is something special" and similar positive comments. It doesn't hail compliments, that's not its purpose either.

Rather a haven of peace, a modern anchor for the hectic sea out there
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

DarkWinterCS
The beginning of the journey through the private blends and the luxury perfume for the mass market
As already written in my blog to Tom Ford's Private Blend series, this fragrance is the beginning of Tom Ford's fragrance success. Until today mega popular and designed for the masses. Convincing to the last drop and both balanced and extravagant. A fragrance you can hardly forget once you've had it in your nose. So am I. I had first smelled him in the perfumery a few years ago and was very impressed. Rarely had such a great woody and soft scent in my nose, which convinced me right away. At that time, however, I had opted for the Noir Extreme. But it was more because I just love these gourmand scents. Maybe that day a bad comparison.
Later I came back to him again and was directly flashed again. It was just so indescribably soft and great.

Then I finally had the pleasure of owning a bottle. Both the presentation is very convincing. Sure, it's much better than with Kilian or Xerjoff, but this one costs a lot less than the other two. One simply has to say that Tom Ford also applied his great style with the mixture of modern and retro to the fragrance flacons. Even the dark bottle with its shape shows what a delicate power pack you are looking for.

The fragrance itself is a sensually soft composition of tender but also spicy wood, a hint of rose and a great rounding with Tonka. When passing by, one mainly hears a delicate veil of dark wood, which lies down finely on the nose. As soon as you sniff more often or smell directly, a strong soft spice is added, which gives the fragrance some strength. In the background you can always hear a light sweet tonka bean. This makes the character of the fragrance balanced and brings it a balance that makes the fragrance special.

If you want to test Tom Ford's Private Blend collection, this is the perfect place to start. Simply so softly designed that it is also suitable for beginners. We also like to take a little more time and recognize the balance
10.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

A classy & luxury gentleman
That's all I can think of for this 1A scent. Perfectly harmoniously combined with the necessary depth and finesse for a high-priced perfume.
I would never have thought that expensive perfumes were worth your money - before I smelled them and finally bought them.

The oud in the fragrance is not quite present, but discreetly in the background - where do the cardamom and the tonka bean float very pleasurably in interaction.
I can only say: test the scent and be thrilled how beautiful something can smell with that certain something.

Durability is OK - as well as the Sillage, but for a nice evening with a visit to a restaurant the scent is always sufficient and lies in some scent clouds in the nose.
Never annoying - but almost calming and relaxing.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

How do I get smooth? - 3 Steps Guide
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,

in today's lecture, we are dealing with a question that is as much of a concern for the young as it is for the old... How do I get smooth?!
When you open your documents, you will see a checklist on page 3. These please bring you out, because this is the core of our today's topic.
By the way: I am happy to see so many people here today, the topic seems to be really popular.
Let's get started!

1. The most important step is looseness. Relax, try to let go and push all bad thoughts away from you. Inner peace is the key to smoothness.

2. Laugh! About yourself, that's all. A big hearty: HAHAHAHA. Well, does it feel good? Don't take yourself too seriously is the foundation from which smoothiness emerges.

3. The most important thing, as you know, comes at the end... the healing of every smoothhater. The holy grail for every smoothie pilgrim. The miracle medicine for all smoothists! Oud Wood!!!
Spicy in the head, oudiiiiii in the heart and sweet in the base.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I hope I could help you on your way further so that you can find your own smoothness.

Peace.
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Super perfume. But weak sillage
This is a wunderfull scent. Opening and middle is almost similar. It is a bit lineair scent. But I like how it smells so there is no problem.
Only thing I miss is the Sillage. It is a bit eeak. You expect more for from Tom Ford

Cumhranfear 66 days ago
My association: concentrated vegetable stock. Can't get past that.+1
5.0
KingPin 99 days ago
Great night-out stuff. Perhaps not for a karaokebar in Kansas, but definitely for a black tie event I London.+1
SAQIB 7 months ago
Amazing Scent, Love it, only problem is Longevity.
5.0
Carlitos01 10 months ago
A nice well behaved oud fragrance. It's harmless in such away that it does not seem to be an uncle Tom fragrance. It's overpriced.+3
Ascentus 12 months ago
Can't stop smelling....
Mike1337 12 months ago
surprisingly fresh and light while genuinely oud woody
Jazzy76 16 months ago
Spicy-woody with a wonderful oud touch. Perfect in the cold season, it's a very warm and classy oriental fragrance with a quite good sillage
Aclapes 3 years ago
Minimalistic dry woody-spicy fragrance with just a touch of vanilla sweetness. The laid back oud is only present in the opening.+1

Ludovico Einaudi meets Tom Ford
by Notirotirito
by Swuuusch
by Swuuusch

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford