Oud Wood (2007) Eau de Parfum

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Richard Herpin

Oud, Rosewood, Cardamom, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Tonka bean, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.10.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Strong & Mainstream
I asked my uncle about the fragrance years ago and asked myself - "What is it? Wood and...??".
After some time I got the scent myself and was unsure when to apply it, despite the pleasure. It smells very good, strong, lasts long - but is also somehow intrusive.
In my opinion nothing for the office but great to go out in the winter evenings.
Can I recommend it exactly for the current season as it gives a cosy feeling - which is due to the woody scent and the touch of Oud -.
9.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

The first step...
Just wow! That's what I thought when I sprayed this fragrance on my wrist for the first time in a perfumery. I've owned a few perfumes before, but I didn't really get to grips with them, especially not in this price range. I figured okay, that smells pretty good, and then I took it. But with Oud Wood it was quite different, I suddenly started to interpret so much into a fragrance. I felt very different from all the other fragrances I had ever worn.
Self-confident, expressive and according to the motto "here I am", that's how I feel with this fragrance. 2-3 sprayings were enough and the smell was like an aura around me, which didn't let me go anymore. In the first moment came a fresh kick that was by no means cheap and is maintained throughout. In the second act there is a dry wooden note and at the end it becomes very smooth and rounded. For me my absolute favorite fragrance, which also brought me into the world of fragrances and has devoured me since then. I never thought I'd ever write such a comment or even be registered on a page about perfume. For me fragrances were just a nice accessory that I used from time to time but Tom Ford opened the gates to a new world for me with this perfume and increased my interest in fragrances enormously so that my collection now continues to expand.
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Norleans
Pleasing nose flatterer.... in the early days
Good Oud Wood was one of my first so-called "niche fragrances", and you'd be amazed: Even before my time at Parfumo! :-) I had to owe this to a busy saleswoman in the Hamburger Hof Parfumerie in the Alstertal shopping centre. Two months earlier, the lady recommended Aventus, which was still completely unknown to me. That I had smelled somewhere before, but no clue about the manufacturer, the incredibly huge differences of the different batches (sorry, I somehow got on the irony button) and the high popularity had.

But I would like to write about Oud Wood, which I always pronounced as "Aut-Wutt", but is actually called "Uuut-Wutt". I found this sweet-woody spiciness really interesting and it was a nice contrast to my then only other bottle in my possession (Aventus above). I was (about 1.5 years ago) still so terribly naive to believe that two fragrances are perfectly sufficient. And so I had something fresh and sweet. Fits.
Then dawned the era of the great destruction of money and expansion of consciousness, namely my membership in Parfumo. As already mentioned in another comment at some point, we had a truck in the yard several times a week that dumped samples and fillings in bulk into our driveway. I sniffed my way through many, many scents, found some great treasures, but also found many things that didn't flatter my nose.
The times have calmed down a bit now, I also don't order any more fillings, because I paid a little too often for a bottle that its MHD had clearly exceeded, or the "always dark and cool storage" was just a phrase. I prefer to go to the (also niche) perfumery and sniff the original bottle if I'm interested in a new fragrance
Through the wild months of greed for fragrance I have noticed that my favourite direction is somewhere between soapy fresh and spicy woody citric, exceptions also confirm the rule here. The good Oud Wood became too "bulky" and monotonous for me because of the nose training. The durability also left something to be desired with me. The lack of fragrance development and the too early sneaking away of the Sillage led then to the fact that my flacon left me then sometime and found its luck now with another perfume.

The nuances have already been explained and discussed in many ways, so that I save my time and yours for it.
I can understand the very good grade of currently 8.6, but find it somewhat exaggerated in the wonderful selection in the perfume world, as soon as you know more scents from this genre. Oud Wood is, as with me, the drumbeat and if necessary the starting shot for a new or rediscovered love for fragrances. However, it is a small dazzler and lives a little from the not quite justified reputation. Doubtless it is a solid scent that nobody really gets to the sa..., uh pointer. The current 890 users of Oud Wood show this impressively.

I didn't want to spoil this scent or criticize anyone's nose, but simply gave my taste development back to the example of my personal experience.

Thanks for reading
8.0 7.0 7.0/10

At the Oudist beach, part 5: Fords O-model, 1. fresh 2. wood 3. cuddle
Exceptions (so far one: Mandarino di Amalfi) confirm the rule: Tom Ford fragrances don't grab me. Maybe unfair, maybe I just don't like them and smell them with a too critical attitude, maybe blind tests would give a different result, no idea. Anyway, this Oud Wood belonged here to the category "rule", not to "exception".

For me a technically neatly made, nice and well wearable fragrance with little enthusiasm potential. That's why my comment is sober, maybe even allowed to be:

Oud Wood seems to me to be a rather linear fragrance that is spanned between three poles:

The first is a very fresh, a little bit mucose-cleaning note that definitely lasts the entire scent arch for a long time. From the given notes cardamom and amber fits, but I'm pretty sure that there is more, citric, pepper and eucalyptus come into my mind. So some kind of generic universal multifresh.

The second corner of the triangle is marked by a rather dry woody-tart (but not spicy) note, which is absolutely plausible in the list of ingredients by rosewood, sandalwood and vetiver, and of course the oud also belongs here. I do, however, join those pre-reviewers who have noted that "Oud Wood" doesn't smell particularly oudous. Rather general, I would humbly say. There's no law that if it says "Oud" on it, there must be Oud in it. It's not orange juice.

And third, there's a cuddly, fluffy corner that's so fluffy that it can't actually be called a "corner". So it's more of a two-corner, where the third runner somehow consists of a round flokatite carpet. To this Tonka and Amber would fit.

As long as these three poles remain reasonably balanced, it works very well, but for my taste the fleece spreads over time and subjugates his two buddies according to the motto: "We are the Borg, they are assimilated". Although the freshness and the woodiness are still recognizable, at some point the dominant features are all too soft musk, sweet chocolate gourmand treats and a somewhat exhausting, suspicious dense and thick air, which, if I were to work at the Federal Office for Evaporation Protection, would cause the cashmere suspicion.

When I see that Oud Wood has almost 900 owners here despite its quite pronounced price, I am a little aghast, because in my opinion there are many more beautiful Oud fragrances. But of course, with our hobby (almost) everything is subjective, and I don't find this Holztom bad either. But number 301 on the watch list will be someone else than me.
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

It took a long time.
Oud Wood, almost an icon. What else can you expect from a man who was the first to dare and manage to make Oud mainstream. Tom Ford already proved with the M7 that an everyday fragrance doesn't necessarily have to stay away from the oud. Here he added a few more shovels and finished the whole thing even rounder, even more pleasant and even more flattering. (Not that the two scents have anything in common)
If I said I liked that scent from the beginning, I'd be lying. After reading a lot of very positive things about the fragrance, he disappointed me a little at first, to be honest. It took a few attempts until I understood that this fragrance is something really special.
First tried a few times in perfumeries, then lost sight of them. I ordered a sample, then I left it. But every time I held this little sample in my hand, I had to smell it. At some point, when I sprayed it on myself, I noticed for the first time how expressively this scent spreads. He embodies a mixture of self-confidence, charm and sovereignty but all in the most comfortable and warm form possible. At the same time expressive and reserved, according to the motto 'I may be seen calmly, because I know what I can do'.
The oud is very soft and pleasant throughout, which is rounded off even more by the cardamom note. In my opinion the scent is relatively linear and not very complicated, which is a good thing.
Rounding off a fragrance that took a little longer, but in the end is an integral part of my collection because it deserves it.
8.0 6.0 9.0 8.0/10

almost too subtle
Maybe I'm wrong, but after the first application I thought I smelled a slight animal note when I was close to the perfume ranging. The opening was definitely woody and mixed with a strong note of Ambroxan. Fortunately the scent becomes milder after a while, the sandalwood can be clearly smelled. In the further course a light freshness makes itself bermerkbar which brings along a soapy note. The scent definitely lasts a working day with me, because it is so discreet I would also recommend it for work. For me personally he is almost too discreet, he should have a bit more pep in the course of time. In my opinion, it is in any case suitable for mass production and everyday use, as the oud is only easily noticed at the beginning. A typical woody/chemical oud scent is unfortunately missing.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

Into the wood!
"I am (Gr)ooooud!"

That's how I felt when I first perfumed Oud Wood.
"Damn, I smell like a forest! A Waaaald! COOL!" Three sprays were enough to build a kind of aura around me that lasted longer than any other fragrance. "That can't be it, can it?! It's been eight hours since I put it on, and I still smell it myself. Okay, the price is high - but apparently fair."

Oud Wood by Tom Ford has something magical and it has done something to me and my immediate environment. I don't know exactly what, but it's something very positive; a feeling you want to have again and again. Is that how drugs feel? I don't know... It warms my heart, my energy is clenching in my chest, I'm wearing some kind of superhero cape around my shoulders. I know, I know... is the boy crazy? Apparently yes! This all happened yesterday on day 1.

This morning I could hardly wait to finally put some of the "good stuff" on again. After the shower and applying the cream, I applied the perfume again. Half an hour later I thought "hmmm... where's the forest now? Hello, Wald? Hello warmth?! Huh, did I do something wrong?!"

None of what happened the day before happened. After 1,5 hours I have even added something...
(Slowly my writing style seems to me to describe an LSD intoxication... ?????????)
But then my immediate colleagues noticed the replenishment - but this time it was "negative". "Wow, somebody's gotten diesel in here." That was the general original sound. Yeah, I smelled it, too - but it smelled like a perfume, not like the Holy Grail. I am confused. It was from the same bottle... Batch A39.

Isn't that right? Should I give my nose a break? Monoculture is never particularly advisable...but after only one day? Help.
9.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

GrosseNase
Woodcutter's son, a successful real estate agent
My principle of ratings should be kept simple and clear. I am a perfume lover, but no expert in smelling and taking apart fragrances. My experiences should be shared in a user-friendly and "beginner open" way. We are one, my dear perfumos!

Opening: starts razor sharp and has a slightly synthetic, but by no means "cheap" touch. One is reminded of a very clean, tidy and perfect dentist's room for private patients.

Drydown: Here begins the magic! The slightly synthetic becomes an authentic, natural and pleasant wood/ud scent. You have left the dentist's office and sit in a luxury car, where the interior is made of handmade wood and fine leather. The fragrance smells cuddly, sexy, minimally sweet and masculine.

Shelf life: lasts a good 8 hours.

Sillage: Here it could come to "problems, depending upon conditions. But a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 4 hours good performance is possible. Then comes and goes the dear oud Wood.

Uniqueness: unique specimen! For me a special fragrance.

Occasion: suit, shirt, chic dress in general. Also well suited for weddings, but during club visits it could look weak against the sweet and performancest competitors. Depending on type and personality, but also wearable in the club if you like to flirt often and thus seek closeness to the other person.

Sex: male

Feedback environment: from positive compliments to curious questions about the scent I wear. Until you then call the price, the facial features remain very happy and "satisfied" :D

Visualisation: A woodcutter's son (mid-20/ early-30s), for example, who decided against the heritage of the hut in the woods and became a successful real estate agent in the big city, could wear the scent. Long, tied hair, 3-day beard or well-groomed full beard, drives Porsche and you can only see him in a suit. By Tom Ford of course :P

I thank you very much for your time and hope that I was able to help some colleagues.

Love greetings
Dani
7.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

DerDefcon
The infusion, which isn't actually an infusion.
A room with wooden benches, as well as wood on the walls, towel rails next to the narrow door, towels, in the room distributed five middle-aged men, those discussing God and the world.

Herbert: Man, Bernd! It smelled great around here lately. I mean, that was you.

Bernd: Oh, I can well imagine what you mean, Bernd. That was

Herbert: Yes, that smelled so slightly smoky, but somehow also bitter. I can't describe it exactly. That had something to do with the ointment my wife sometimes takes for her psoriasis. But there was also some wooden stuff with it. Oh, I don't know. I don't know. Roch in any case after medicine.

Bernd: Well, Herbert, that was

Harri: Well, I didn't smell anything medical. I thought one of you two experts stole my wife's bath salts. She's always using stuff like that with a rose-ding wood-um scent. But it smelled like you mixed it up with something.

Bernd: Well that was with ...

Herbert: It was mixed with this wood, with this medical thing I was just talking about. Are you listening to me?

Harri: Now calm down. I just came into the room a few minutes later. You've been sitting there for a while. And this bathing suit of my little mermaid smells like wood at home, too, but it certainly doesn't smell like medicine. It smells really nice, soft and smooth, really aromatic and a bit like wood. But to comfort you, I can say I also heard a slightly bitter note. What do you think, Harald? You haven't said anything yet.

Harald: Well, you bitch bitch, you bust each other like any other wat. What's there to say, huh? But yes, that smelled really funny. So not bad or anything. Ick thought my Inge had moved her kitchen in here. It's just an Orient trip. Wat die allet is testing on jewels ... manometer. Ick just wants a piece of schnitzel at home.

Herbert: Jo, that smelled like spices at some point. A little hot. I can agree with you on that.

Harald: There you go. Nothing to do with medicine and other stuff. Dit smelled like my Inge's kitchen when she was testing around. I'm scared I'm gonna get some ice cream in my monkey's brain sometime. Do you know dit in Indiana Jones when those are there in the palace?

Bernd: No, Harald! Not again! Every time you talk about the "cooking skills" of your loved ones, we inevitably come across cow's-eye soups, snakes as a starter or the well-known monkey brain on ice. You're fantasizing too much. Let your wife do it. She's got taste. What you smelled there was probably cardamom and it's in

Harald: I need to interrupt you. I don't care what that was. It just smelled like inge's kitchen with its woody touch.

Harri: Don't forget the bath additive!

Harald: Yes, the och.

Bernd: Well, my friends. I guess it smelled like br /> yesterday
Hauke: Hold your cheeks for a second, Bernd. I haven't said anything here yet. You're babbling here in a tour.

Bernd: Um, so. That's

Herbert: Exactly! Let the others talk, Bernd.

Hauke: You can do it now, Bernd. Well, I admit openly that I also heard something woody with a lot of spice. But when I got there, a little late - I know - it smelled so sweet, don't you think? Sure, still spicy, a little woody, but also a little sweet.

Bernd: Nice, as you remember. That seems to have really stayed in your minds.

Harald: Sure! Warn great infusion. But ick sniff that already again, but also only janz janz easily.

Harri: Yes, there have been more intense things here.

Hauke: Smells good. Could be stronger, though. Join me.

Bernd: That's not

Harald: It's now. Jenug. Ick wants to water here now. I'm going to make my Uffguss. He's really shooting. Best musk and onion combination with a pinch of cordamam, cardomam ... oh, wat weeß ick.

Bernd: You and your jokes, Harald. I'm gonna try this one last time. What you smelled came from me. I wore this on my body. Just let me finish talking. I was wearing a perfume that day

Harald: Wat? You'll grease yourself with the Uffguss? Bahh... next time we'll put you in the bowl in the middle.

Bernd: I give up.

Harri: Harald?! What... smells ... here ... so?

Hauke: I'll quickly find myself another sauna.

Herbert: Harald is serious. You're disgusting. My goodness!

Harald: Höhö. I guess I got a sauna for me, just me. # You're all right, ne!

Herbert: Let's go somewhere else, Bernd. You brought your infusion. Harry mixed his own stuff here
Bernd: And I thought he was just kidding. That stuff is against the Geneva Convention.

Harri: For this you belong to The Hague, Harald.

Harald: Yes, you want to cry now, or wat?

Herbert: Come on, Bernd. We're going to enjoy your infusion somewhere else. At least your stuff smelled good
Bernd: Sure, it smells good, but that's not

Harri: Bernd! Stop whining. I want to get out of here and you're standing in the door.

Bernd: Okay, I'm really giving up now.

Herbert: Bernd! The door!

Bernd: Oh, yes ... i'm going.

Harald: Hehe!
8.0 3.0 4.0 10.0/10

Disappointed love!
At the end of May, after consulting a perfumery in Holland and saying that I was looking for something 'unique', the saleswoman Oud Wood sprayed me on the skin and let me sniff this fragrance. "Not my case" was more of an understatement, I didn't like it. A few minutes passed and as I walked through the streets I smelled something unique, something incredibly tasty, something special, something that made me weak. At one point my partner said, "That's you smelling like that!" - And in fact, that was me. I hurried back to the perfumery and the lady was so friendly and gave me a sample to take along.

In the following days I sprayed Oud Wood on me again and again, it was unbelievable. I couldn't stop experiencing this scent, absorbing it, loving it. I had the feeling that my aura would change through this scent, it was so good. It was indescribable, this woody, slightly oudige, yet soft, gentle and absolutely incomprehensible smooth fragrance experience. I was approached several times, asked about my scent. Oud Wood and I were supposed to become a love story.

But as is so often the case with these love stories that emerge so quickly, a sobering disappointment soon comes about - I shouldn't be any different.

So I bought 100 ml Oud Wood in a perfumery in Germany, couldn't wait to call this fragrance my property. Arriving home I ripped open the packaging, applied the scent and enjoyed the experience of wearing my first own Tom Ford. The joy just didn't last very long. More precisely, about 90 minutes, that was the moment when my partner came home and I let her sniff my neck and forearm full of excitement and tension - "Huh? What am I supposed to smell?". I smelled myself on my forearm... nothing! The scent was gone. I blamed the heat and applied three more sprayers. I could smell it, my partner only weakly and she asked me if I had bought an eau de toilette by mistake because of the sillage there, which I denied and, just to be on the safe side, insured myself again at the bottle. And less than two hours had passed - no trace of Oud Wood. At best a hint of vanilla, but only if you pressed your nose directly against your skin.

I gave the scent a week's time, tested, sniffed, let others sniff, applied sometimes more and sometimes less (record 10 sprays on the forearm) - always with the same result: After at the very latest two hours there was an end in the terrain, no scent perceptible any more.

During this week I got the feeling of losing my mind... There was this sample from this one perfumery, which smelled so unbeatable, held so eternally and had a sillage, which knocked my environment and me down and then there was this bottle, 100 ml, from which, it seemed to me, a watery version of Oud Wood came out, which after a short time nobody, but also really nobody could perceive any more.

After 9 days I carried the fragrance back to the perfumery, my head bent, love disappointed. Disappointments have something good: One was deceived by something, now one has recognized the deception and thus one is disappointed. But could that have been all of it? I spent a good hour in the perfumery, where I was advised by the lady about alternatives and other fragrances. We came to no result, because I wanted nothing else than this one fragrance.

I'm still hoping to find out sometime that there was a temporary problem with the batches or the production, a mistake in the chain, this one bottle accidentally broken, what do I know what... until then I remember this one sample from the perfumery in Holland and the hope that Oud Wood and I will one day find each other again? Because can great love really disappoint you so much?!
10.0 6.0 5.0 10.0/10

Warm. Smooth. Tender.
One of the best known private blends from Tom Ford and probably also one of the best known niche fragrances ever. Oud Wood is often copied and never reached, its unique scent can be recognized everywhere.

Oud wood is exactly what it says: oud and wood. Not everyone is right to have access to the rotten, oriental incense of oud, but TF embeds oud so discreetly in other woods that I don't know any more accessible and delicate variant of an oud perfume. It is the perfect balance of three aromatic and warm woods.

Yes, Oud Wood is wooden, but without associations of forest or resinous log cabin, on the contrary, it has something as sweet and warm as a cozy bed or a bubble bath. In fact, the fragrance often reminds me of oriental bath oils with sandalwood.

All-season wearable at any time of the day. Almost suspicious how effortlessly elegant he looks. Except for the sport absolutely universal!

For me there is no better TF scent, unfortunately the durability is underground. Unfortunately also increasingly worse, but this can be noticed in the last years increasingly with TF.
Clear recommendation, test before and compare prices. Originals, if necessary B-Ware, occasionally also for 140€/50ml to get
9.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Cosy Mysticism
This fragrance was the first in a long time without perfume in my life. Saw by chance a good offer for 30ml, read me the ratings here and bought it blind, just for fun. I didn't know back then that he would give me a new way into the still undiscovered world of fragrance with his high-quality grace.

Actually a lot has already been said about this fragrance, it deserves its good reputation. Really one of the best fragrances (as far as I can tell from the abundance).

It was probably reformulated. My version (2018) is absolutely fine in terms of performance and quality. Maybe he's a bit closer to the body, definitely not a beast, but with Molecule 01 as a base he works great if you want to get more out of him.

Oud Wood is more than "just a perfume" to me. Very mystical, beguiling and soothing. Kind of "Zen" or "aura you can smell". One of the fragrances I wear only for myself at home or special occasions (e.g. last Christmas), birthday, special date etc.

A precious gem. From time to time I just sniff the bottle, it calms and flatters.

In the outside world, he is pleasantly conspicuous. In any case "something different", "yes, understand, he is something special" and similar positive comments. It doesn't hail compliments, that's not its purpose either.

Rather a haven of peace, a modern anchor for the hectic sea out there
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

DarkWinterCS
The beginning of the journey through the private blends and the luxury perfume for the mass market
As already written in my blog to Tom Ford's Private Blend series, this fragrance is the beginning of Tom Ford's fragrance success. Until today mega popular and designed for the masses. Convincing to the last drop and both balanced and extravagant. A fragrance you can hardly forget once you've had it in your nose. So am I. I had first smelled him in the perfumery a few years ago and was very impressed. Rarely had such a great woody and soft scent in my nose, which convinced me right away. At that time, however, I had opted for the Noir Extreme. But it was more because I just love these gourmand scents. Maybe that day a bad comparison.
Later I came back to him again and was directly flashed again. It was just so indescribably soft and great.

Then I finally had the pleasure of owning a bottle. Both the presentation is very convincing. Sure, it's much better than with Kilian or Xerjoff, but this one costs a lot less than the other two. One simply has to say that Tom Ford also applied his great style with the mixture of modern and retro to the fragrance flacons. Even the dark bottle with its shape shows what a delicate power pack you are looking for.

The fragrance itself is a sensually soft composition of tender but also spicy wood, a hint of rose and a great rounding with Tonka. When passing by, one mainly hears a delicate veil of dark wood, which lies down finely on the nose. As soon as you sniff more often or smell directly, a strong soft spice is added, which gives the fragrance some strength. In the background you can always hear a light sweet tonka bean. This makes the character of the fragrance balanced and brings it a balance that makes the fragrance special.

If you want to test Tom Ford's Private Blend collection, this is the perfect place to start. Simply so softly designed that it is also suitable for beginners. We also like to take a little more time and recognize the balance
10.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

A classy & luxury gentleman
That's all I can think of for this 1A scent. Perfectly harmoniously combined with the necessary depth and finesse for a high-priced perfume.
I would never have thought that expensive perfumes were worth your money - before I smelled them and finally bought them.

The oud in the fragrance is not quite present, but discreetly in the background - where do the cardamom and the tonka bean float very pleasurably in interaction.
I can only say: test the scent and be thrilled how beautiful something can smell with that certain something.

Durability is OK - as well as the Sillage, but for a nice evening with a visit to a restaurant the scent is always sufficient and lies in some scent clouds in the nose.
Never annoying - but almost calming and relaxing.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

How do I get smooth? - 3 Steps Guide
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,

in today's lecture, we are dealing with a question that is as much of a concern for the young as it is for the old... How do I get smooth?!
When you open your documents, you will see a checklist on page 3. These please bring you out, because this is the core of our today's topic.
By the way: I am happy to see so many people here today, the topic seems to be really popular.
Let's get started!

1. The most important step is looseness. Relax, try to let go and push all bad thoughts away from you. Inner peace is the key to smoothness.

2. Laugh! About yourself, that's all. A big hearty: HAHAHAHA. Well, does it feel good? Don't take yourself too seriously is the foundation from which smoothiness emerges.

3. The most important thing, as you know, comes at the end... the healing of every smoothhater. The holy grail for every smoothie pilgrim. The miracle medicine for all smoothists! Oud Wood!!!
Spicy in the head, oudiiiiii in the heart and sweet in the base.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I hope I could help you on your way further so that you can find your own smoothness.

Peace.
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Super perfume. But weak sillage
This is a wunderfull scent. Opening and middle is almost similar. It is a bit lineair scent. But I like how it smells so there is no problem.
Only thing I miss is the Sillage. It is a bit eeak. You expect more for from Tom Ford
10.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Simply perfect
I have read here the many other great comments about Oud Wood and thought it is not necessary to write another hymn of praise. But when I sprayed this fragrance back on today on a mild, slightly dirty day, out of respect for this masterpiece, I felt obliged to write a commentary. The fragrance is simply perfect for me, as the headline already says. He is spicy woody sweet and simply incredibly noble and smooth. For me perfect for autumn and winter but also well wearable on mild spring days. The fragrance lasts long and simply surrounds you with a pleasant soft aura, but for me it is still masculine. I have only received positive feedback so far even from people who didn't like other oud fragrances so much. For me this Oud scent is one of the softest and most pleasant and therefore I think it is also suitable for beginners
8.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

SoNicht
Is it still love or already addiction?
Tom Fords Oud Wood is not only the first perfume I've written a comment about, it's the reason I'm registered here, even the reason I'm even into perfumes.

One day I entered a perfumery unsuspectingly, tried myself through various scents until I got stuck with it. Already after the first sprayer a loud WOW was kidnapped. It's unbelievable. Best thing I ever smelled. Simply unbelievable. The price was even more incomprehensible for me as a student at that time, I would never spend so much money on a perfume. I sprayed myself with a strip and took it with me to be able to smell it again at least at home. At home I couldn't help but smell it all the time, even dreamt of the smell at night, woke up in the morning, got into the car like in a trance, drove into the perfumery, took the 100ml bottle from the shelf, went to the checkout, still in a trance put my card into the terminal, entered my code, and took the smell home. I haven't looked at my account since then.

I have to say that I had never been interested in perfumes before and had only ever ordered some well rated perfumes on Amazonia. But this scent knocked me over so much that I started to deal directly with perfumes, registered me on this page and meanwhile I sniffed my way through more than 30 bottlings only in the hope to be able to repeat this unique experience of a scent knocked over in such a way, this has unfortunately not happened until today yet. I think the scent was really love at first sniff. If it wasn't so expensive I wouldn't wear anything else.

What should I say about this unique fragrance? When I am sad he conjures a smile on my face, when I feel lonely I smell the scent and feel secure, when I have to face unpleasant situations he takes away my fear.

For me this fragrance is not only a 10/10, no it is also the reference for any other fragrance.

The final word I would like to address to you Tom: Thank you.

10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

Steini23
That's my idea of a man made!
What can I say about this scent? I'm not an expert at filtering out individual fragrances but what I can say is that the fragrance smells very woody intense and sweet. This fragrance has a charisma that I have rarely experienced. I just love this scent! And to the people who are upset about the price..... I am glad that it is so expensive, because only in this way a fragrance can remain at least relatively RAR and you can't smell it at every corner! But maybe it's because not everyone can wear it! One should radiate a certain attitude, self-confidence, because this is the only way the scent works if one wants to attract attention! For me, the best Tom Ford fragrance!
9.0 9.0 7.0 9.5/10

What a wonderful twist
At the beginning I felt you as exhausting which caused a slight pull in the head/brain area ...
But you have something Tom... Why don't you sit down with me and let me have some effect on you? Cause I'm sure - you can do more...
Stay a little longer and don't go back... you will only now, after you have stopped talking exclusively about OUD, sympathetically ....
After the topic of equal rights has met with your approval, we can become best friends.

The balance of this perfume after the drydown is impressive - only you have to survive it! The interaction between OUD, vanilla and the wood is a small masterpiece which I don't want to miss anymore and which could replace THE Aventus.

Cheers - to you Tom !

SAQIB 120 days ago
Amazing Scent, Love it, only problem is Longevity.
5.0
6.0
Carlitos01 6 months ago
A nice well behaved oud fragrance. It's harmless in such away that it does not seem to be an uncle Tom fragrance. It's overpriced.+3
Ascentus 9 months ago
Can't stop smelling....
6.0
Mike1337 9 months ago
surprisingly fresh and light while genuinely oud woody
Jazzy76 12 months ago
Spicy-woody with a wonderful oud touch. Perfect in the cold season, it's a very warm and classy oriental fragrance with a quite good sillage
Aclapes 3 years ago
Minimalistic dry woody-spicy fragrance with just a touch of vanilla sweetness. The laid back oud is only present in the opening.+1

Ludovico Einaudi meets Tom Ford
by Notirotirito
by Swuuusch
by Swuuusch

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford