Oud Wood 2007 Eau de Parfum

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 2 in Unisex Perfume
Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum)

Richard Herpin

Oud, Rosewood, Cardamom, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Tonka bean, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.04.2021.

Giles
A masterpiece but no more
I was privileged to be able to buy this fragrance when it launched. It was a scent that was worshipped and perhaps still is. It is lovely and a must have in any collection. Many have commented on performance issues but to me this is a private fragrance to be shared intimately. But unfortunately it is no more. A prime example of large companies putting profit over quality. The 2020 version I bought to compare with my earlier bottles is so poor I am flabbergasted. The oud wood is no more I’m afraid.
Love-Hate
I can say right up front and in the first line here that I really love this scent...not on me (although I do wear it a time or two just to have it around)...no, I really appreciate it on a man!!!

This isn't a typical oud scent, so don't get all wrapped up in the name....er is definitely woody but in a special way.
This is a woody spicy and very masculine scent that will get you hooked (exceptions prove the rule as always :) )
It's woody and clean at the same time
He is fresh and yet also spicy
He is woody and yet he has a touch of luxury in it....Tom Ford just

For me, this scent has a lumberjack charm....the kind of charm that falls topless trees in the woods while looking super casual :)

The durability could be a little better, since the price is nevertheless very high....4-5 hours I perceive him unfortunately only :(

A test he is worth anyway!

Greetings your Angelina

MirzAsim
The holy grail of gentlemen's fragrance.
Had my first 100ml Bottle of this from 2015 and had to buy another 100ml bottle next year before I decided to get the 250ml bottle in 2017.

Doesn't smell like any other Oud out there, but I think that's the reason I still wear it on daily basis as a signature scent. Because it really smells different, like I never smell any other perfume out there yet similar to this one.

Longevity moderate, around 3-4 hours strong projectivity before it fades. Stays in the fabric much much longer than my skin. But from my experience, the 2015 batch that I had do stays longer on my skin compared to the latest one I brought.

From what I know, this batch with a grey bottle, and silver text is a reformulation from the original 2007 batch which had a brown bottle and gold-colored text. I wonder how this original batch from 2007 smells like because people said it smells kinda different.
Ischgelroi
Something is not right here
Let me say right up front that I like Oud Wood, but unfortunately I can't give it a very good review here. Oud Wood was my first Tom Ford, probably just because of the hype around this perfume. The scent smells very nice and woody to me, combined with a nice light freshness, which is probably created by the vetiver. I think to the fragrance itself I do not need to tell much more here, since most here know Oud Wood, but now to the reason why I can give Oud Wood unfortunately only an average rating, let's start with the rather below average performance unfortunately I smell Oud Wood only 4-5 maximum 6 hours on me what disappoints me a bit, because I expected more in a perfume in this direction. The next problem for me is that I just don't smell any oud here. I just expect to be able to smell said note of oud as well. Tom Ford Wood would have been the better name here, so I have to deduct two points here, because I feel somehow cheated here, because I just do not get the suggested oud note on the bottle.
JohnnyLaw
Walk in the forest after the sauna in autumn
Imagine it's autumn. You sit in the sauna with a fresh, herbaceous sauna infusion The third round of the infusion is rung and you sit of course at the top. If not here, where else, the man separates from the sissy *laughs*
The body aches from the heat and breathing is difficult. The sauna master opens the door and you can finally get some fresh air and pretend that the heat didn't bother you.
Quickly a dive in the ice-cold water and purely in the warming bathrobe.
Cool, fresh air rushes into your lungs and you feel good.
Now you put on a thick sweater and walk through a cool coniferous forest. Damp moss, fresh herbs and the smell of the forest you perceive after the sauna much more intense than you imagined.
You take a break and drink a warming tea and enjoy the nature.

"You think this story is true? I'm sorry to disappoint you. It's fictional."
Yours Jonathan Frakes

A pity, really, because that's exactly what I was thinking when I first noticed Oud Wood intensely.
"Siri, show me saunas near coniferous forests!"
I think it's time for me to recreate this story 1:1.

Much has already been written about the scent itself, and the scent pyramid fits to some extent.

When I applied Oud Wood for the first time, I actually expected something quite different.
I had expected something oriental, animalic and got a woody, herbaceous, pleasant freshness.
I am not an expert in smelling out individual fragrance components. I can only describe what it smells like. The freshness wears off over time and the woody, warmer components remain.
The durability is actually not as long as expected, however, it is also because the freshness of the top note fades but the base, at least close to the skin, remains long. I personally find that very pleasant.
Thanks old friend!
I'm told there was a time when I had little to no interest in perfume and Boss Bottled EDT was the only bottle in my bathroom cabinet. In the duty free section of an airport, the long wait still drove me to the lit aisles of the perfume section.

The Douglas classics have been seen many times, they were uninteresting, but the extra Tom Ford stand then attracted my attention. Just blindly grab a bottle and test.... That was the first time I had you in my hand. Your scent was interesting for my amateur nose, but also so unusual that I didn't like you at first, put you back and made my way to the gate a bit confused.

However, I couldn't get you out of my mind. Once back home, I started researching what your scents were all about. I watched videos, read forum posts and finally landed here on Parfumo where I ordered my first bottling of you and the rest is history...

You opened the door to this wonderful world of fragrances for me and for that I am eternally grateful, old friend!
Yesterday's oud!
This fragrance has catapulted Tom Ford for his part in the perfume Olympus!
The fragrance was then from the spot a Compliment Getter, with good Sillage, and even better durability.
Over the years, this fragrance has become a true masterpiece in their category (oud), which felt like a must-have for every perfume enthusiast.

Over the years and the sustained success Oud Wood has evolved through reformulations in a direction with which, unfortunately, the quality suffered.
The ingredients have now received a level, which for me give a slightly synthetic impression.
Also, I feel the oud note now somewhat medicinal, whereby the fragrance was ultimately uninteresting for me...

My conclusion is therefore that this fragrance is nearing the end in their form.
The popular ingredient oud seems to take a new popular path with fruity notes such as raspberry (Ombre Nomade).

2013: 10/10
2017: 8/10
2021: 6/10
Manu1990
Eau de Toilette or Eau de Cologne?
Have a woody fragrance in the collection needed, therefore, due to the review and hype on the Internet the Oud Wood probegerochen and bought.

Fragrance in itself really very nice after 5min.

Even if he has not really blown me away.
Woody, masculine, timeless, high-quality and with a slight sweetness.
Flacon as with all TF Private Blend's top.

The known shortcoming the performance:
Have the bad reviews bzgl. performance not really believed, because I have two more from the Private Blend (Noir de Noir and Lost Cherry) and these are bomb in this regard. Especially (almost scho too much of a good thing) Noir de Noir.
And with the Oud Wood it is very disappointing for a fragrance of this price category. After a short time only skin perceptible for 3-4h. This is unfortunately max. on Eau de Toilette level and many designers can do better for less.
It remains with my small 30ml bottle and is not bought again.
G.O.A.T.?
Everyone here surely remembers with pleasure with which fragrance his/her passion for perfumes was aroused.
With me it was Tom Ford Oud Wood.

In my youth, I had no particular affinity for perfumes.
Perfumes were a means to an end, a gift from the aunt, a small hope maybe to get a little better with the opposite sex.
The perfume department as a horrible torment used to keep Spongebob and Patrick from escaping from the Flying Hellscape, still an apt comparison for me at the time.

But then the whole thing changed ridiculously with a grooming article from GQ.
Here was namely the Tom Ford Oud Wood Body Spray advertised.
Since I had just times exceptionally as a student enough money on the high edge, I ordered me the spray on good luck.
And was directly thrilled. So good can smell so a perfume / body spray!
Every day I just had to smell it again and again so much has flashed me the fragrance.
Also my girlfriend at the time I have the fragrance directly gezeiget. The look revealed everything, this is the new number 1. Your ex had the then not yet so extremely known Aventus, but even for them that was a new level. However, since she had some idea about perfume, unlike me, she recommended I go straight for the Eau de Parfum. The price deterred me extremely, but I had to treat myself to 30ml. And with such an exceptional fragrance one had no choice anyway.

After that, my interest in perfumes was definitely aroused. If I find simply by chance such a perfume, who knows what there is then everything else on the market?

Even after a few years of searching, however, I must say, for me still nothing better.
This mixture of masculinity, light sweetness, and a certain freshness. Simply unbeatable.
Sure there are more unusual fragrances. Fragrances with more special scent progression. Perfumes with better price-performance ratio. But no fragrance gives me such a positive, warm feeling like Tom Ford Oud Wood.
Whether body spray, or the perfume.

Had I at the beginning, however, still like to get everyone in my environment to test this fragrance at least once, my enthusiasm has already ebbed a bit here. The price is simply brutal. And not every woman has reacted sooo enthusiastically to the fragrance, as I imagined at the beginning. Shindy and the YouTuber Justin have then additionally made the fragrance a bit very mainstream. Even though I've only smelled one other person wearing the perfume to date. (However, also applies to almost all perfumes, except Sauvage, Eros and One Million)
However, if there is someone here who has not yet tested the fragrance, he should make up for it as soon as possible.
G.O.A.T.?
For me, yes.
The search goes on, though, nnaturally....
Valued masterpiece by Mr. Ford
Lately I've been having an urge here to make my opinions known and post comments again.
In recent years, so many perfumes have come but also gone. I think with the years I find more and more my line in terms of fragrances and which are also good for me.
Oud Wood is such a fragrance.

The presentation is really very successful. Since Parfumo beginnings I'm a huge fan of the Tom Ford Private Blend Line and I think the look just super good in the collection. Just the 100ml with the gray label - Hammer. Sprüher is unfortunately "so la la" for the price.... Definitely in need of improvement!

The fragrance.
How good is it ? I never found oud fragrances so mine but this one ? Wow! Very oudy at first with the slightly pungent rosewood and the warm cardamom. I think the rosewood gives this medicinal vibe. But after a while this disappears and the scent becomes woody creamy. As many have written, this scent gives an aura of well middle class people who have money but don't necessarily show it. This is LITERALLY visible in the longevity. It's good but not super strong by any means. But this makes it just wearable everywhere which oud fragrances are not always as I find.

In conclusion.
This is a fragrance that will stay with me. I just super like to wear it and it gives the wearer a second skin with a beautiful aura. The composition, simple as it seems to be, but is highly complex composed. Nothing is out of place here. Top fragrance ! I think I have not reinvented the wheel here, but nevertheless I speak here my purchase recommendation - despite the price :)

TorkeTorke 1 month ago
An amazing sober, versatile Oud scent.
Good both for the office and a night out.
Its below average performance makes it a bit overpriced
RazvanykeRazvanyke 1 month ago
The OG of niche Fragrances, it all started with it. I simply adore the calm mix of Oud, Cardamom and Sandalwood. Lasts long too, a winner!
VmasterVmaster 2 months ago
Good for a fragrance that contains synthetic oud. The expensive retail price makes people believe it contains real oud.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Oud Wood is spicy, dry, woody and creamy. Elegant scent with a touch of sweetness. The performance is very weak.
ScentwitchScentwitch 3 months ago
Incredible scent on my hubby, but short duration. For the money, it should last longer.
GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
Woody-rose fragrance, oud is very very in the background (luckily), still my favourite fragrance ever. Classy and for special occasions.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 10 months ago
A little exotic for my taste, and thats saying a lot, as I'm of East Indian extraction and a spiritual background.
BeOrtegaBeOrtega 1 year ago
Smells like Fragrance Du Bois - Cannabis Intense
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 1 year ago
Ein toller Duft um in die Welt des Ouds einzutauchen. Tom Ford hat es geschafft eine sanfte Variante zu schaffen!
Toller Duft
CumhranfearCumhranfear 1 year ago
My association: concentrated vegetable stock. Can't get past that.

by EveMist
by EveMist
by Irini
the scent of the forest...
by ESSAHSAV
by Graybeard
tom ford - oud wood: würziger nachtschatten des waldes...
by Felsn
Ludovico Einaudi meets Tom Ford
by Flanker
by Achilles
Das Bild zu meinem Vampirkommi. Der Louis war ja auch etwas melancholisch.
by Gandix
the scent of the forest...
by ESSAHSAV
by Stethoskop
by Stethoskop
Ausgewildert
by Floyd
Oud Wood trotzt dem Dunklen Lord ;)
by Gury
by Bastian
In den Rheinauen
by JohnnyLaw
by OvidiuH
Eine tiefe Schlucht, Fresh!
by Andreas09
TF Oud Wood - für Fresh im Retro Style
by DSscents
by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
TF - Oud Wood Probefläschchen.  Vielen Dank dafür an Mustang69!
by AromaTikka
by DanyPereyra
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford