Oud Wood 2007 Eau de Parfum

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 4 in Unisex Perfume
8.7 / 101966 Ratings
Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum)

Richard Herpin

VetiverVetiver
Tonka beanTonka bean
AmberAmber

8.71966 Ratings

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2021.

Authoritarian background
This fragrance is one of my absolute favorites of Tom Ford. He is simply unmistakable and a fragrance with absolute unique selling point.

The bottle is very qualitative and durable. He really stands out from the collection, because he really just looks and feels absolutely high-quality.

The fragrance itself is of course very woody and not for everyone. No trendy, mainstream compliment getter, but rather a fragrance with which you make a statement. To me, it just smells like a "boss scent" - someone in a more elevated position, with shiny leather shoes punctuating his perfectly fitting suit - someone who stands before you with a broad chest and full of confidence.

The fragrance is therefore really a matter of taste, the durability and sillage are not really a highlight, but a good 5-6 hours holds the through. The scent progression is simply wonderful. He is always softer and softer.

I hope to have helped the one or the other! I would buy it again any time. For certain occasions just excellent. But just also expensive.
Autumn is here ?
I bought the fragrance because I wanted a matching scent to my fall look.

My first thought when the fragrance arrived wass so Well ok. it just smells like wood.
But with time the scent unfolds and it starts to smell different.

A wonderful entry level oud scent that has an average to good performance. He convinces me of the fragrance DNA absolutely and just the top and heart notes convince me with every use anew and confirm me in the purchase of this fragrance!

Oud Wood finds regular use with me - especially in autumn I like it particularly well. But only recently I came across the fact that this fragrance can also be combined perfectly with other fragrances.

Very exciting and recommendable!
Lost Perfume "Virginity"
For a long time I criticized my friends for their perfume addiction and how one can spend so much money on a fragrant juice, I could not understand so at all...!
Maybe it was our age, because they started wearing niche fragrances when they were 16.
Amouage, Creed and of course MFK (Maison Francis Kurkdjian) were on their agenda and not too often I accompanied them early to selected niche perfumeries in Berlin. However, my nose was at the time he bored and disgusted.

Not that you now misunderstand me, we were not young people from a wealthy household, rather the opposite but their addiction has not prevented them to test the fragrances.

Few years passed and I started my acting studies and during my studies I was confirmed a commercial shoot and the shoot took place in the gigantic and luxurious loft of the producer.

Now I entered the bathroom, which could have belonged to a young and modern Julius Caesar and that's exactly how it smelled inside. A now dreamlike collection of Tom Ford fragrances met me directly and I was overcome with curiosity. My first grab, you can guess....
was "Oud Wood" and it was a momentum in my life.

Everything changed and the doors in my senses opened more often....

Now the fragrance is for me only a beautiful memory, which, however, in your Perfomance loses more and more power. Neither the sillage nor the fragrance DNA can satisfy my senses, but the longing for a past memory remains. The fragrance will probably forever remain a part of my collection, but much more than an accompanying shadow, he is unfortunately also no longer
Masterpiece with cutbacks
Tom Ford's Oud Wood is one of my favorite fragrances. An oud fragrance, which is not contagious and has a luxurious character. Paired with a creamy and woody note ensteht an addictive factor! However, as beautiful as the fragrance is, the sadder is the fact that the durability is below average. On my skin, the scent lasts about 4 hours. For a price of almost 200€ for 50 ml, the durability is disappointing. The bottle, on the other hand, is elegant and simple
(Love) at the 5 Smell
I try to take me now and then but the time (if I find this!?) to share my impressions with the great Parfumo community.
Ahead, I have yet treated myself to one or the other oud oil and can say that all differ from each other. From wood to cowshed you can find everything.
Now to the Oud Wood. Yes the name says a lot about the fragrance. It is about Oud and Wood. Where the sandalwood for me the part of the Woods takes over. From the first spray, the "Oud" comes to the fore in the nose, but accompanied by cardamom (heavenly mixture!). This blend stays on my nose for a long time. Then vetiver creepily joins in, making it seem slightly smoky. The creamy-woody conclusion is determined by sweet amber, sandalwood and subtle tonka bean.
All in all, yet a very successful fragrance.
But the durability is unfortunately not fair to the fragrance.
I had truly wondered after the first sample, why Oud Wood receives so much recognition? The fragrance wandered far to the back. However, I had him after 2 months again brought out and tested several times. After the total of 5th wearing I had to get me then but a flacon.
Just a (love) on the 5 Riecher. Because he is already really good. At least for 5 hours, then he says goodbye until the next application.
Oud Wood - The Shape Shifter
Initially purchased because I wanted a woodsy scent to go with my fall lumberjack look, I liked the bottle, and one of my favorite vocal artists mentioned the scent in a song, this scent became a phenomenon. Let me explain why.

After reading many very positive reviews about this fragrance to justify the expensive price to me I ordered the fragrance at a good price (as a tester). Full of anticipation I opened the package to experience with my olfactory bulb ahead the olfactory fireworks, which was highly praised in so many reviews.

My first thought, however, was:" Well ok. it just smells like wood." Who would have thought, the Oud Wood christened fragrance smells like wood. It was late summer and I wore the scent a few times feeling more and more an unexplainable warmth that seems to come from this scent. The scent also began to smell different.

How could this be? Suddenly I detected a vanilla-like sweetness and something that smelled like spruce. The scent suddenly had an incredible depth and darkness to it. In love with this fragrance, I spent the fall and winter with it. But then it came to a break.

When I applied one day 4 sprays and in the evening to go out again 4 sprays happened something strange. The fragrance slapped me so derbe in the face that I could hardly stand it myself around me. It smelled so disturbing and no longer pleasantly warm and soft as usual. When I smelled the bottle the following day, only this penetrating, far too intense, disturbing smell was still perceptible. I could no longer wear Oud Wood.

The months passed and I gave the fragrance another chance. It was a fresh spring evening when I applied it whereby the fragrance again did not smell as I had remembered him. I had immediately the association with a very very noble, old, polished and oiled wooden object in an expensive mansion with rare alcoholic beverages on it.

Even if my friend describes the fragrance as "old men's fragrance" I am now looking forward to the new which further forms, character and dimensions of this fragrance will take in the future.

From me clear buy recommendation (which is underpinned by the fact that I actually took the trouble to write a recession), even if you have to give the fragrance a little time.
4 sprays: H - good 6-8h
S - medium (2h afterwards skin scent)

Oldish2002
The silent guy sitting in the corner
From the 1st time that I've smelt this fragrance I was blown away. It somehow reminded me of something else, old and refined and I was like "I must have smelled this before".
Very gentlemanly, a bit mature, very well balanced woody, a bit smoky, dark and mysterious kind of smell. A bit sweet, but not so sweet, seductive, just like a smooth criminal. Very, but very refined smell.
This is no fragrance to play with. It can either blown you away or set you off. There's no "in between".
Being rich and woody, spicy and a bit sweet, fall will do and maybe some colder spring nights. This can be dangerous, because it can either hypnotize people in a good way or it can bring some negative feedback. Not for everyone, there are many more safer choices.
I simply love it. I will wear in the silence of the fall, when it's a bit cold outside, the wind is blowing on the empty streets and I am going for a walk, smoking something and thinking about her. Well, I just lost it for a while sorry. That's how much I love this one.
Performance ? Tremendous (at least in my case). I got noticed and got attention even after 19 hours after I applied 2 little squirts of it. Left and right of the neck. The following day in the afternoon, I met my brother and he said to me "you're wearing something again you little devil, don't you?" And I was like "Dude, I am wearing a fragrance from yesterday, nothing else since". But damn he was still feeling it, after 18-19 or even more hours, I even lost the track of the time.
10/10 easily for performance. I've worn it multiple times by now and I can make this confession that the longevity is monstrous on myself.
Projection ? Not as beastly but still decent and noticeable (I can say a 7.5/10).
If you apply more and even spray your clothes maybe you'll overdo it.
What else can I say ? It worth the price ? Hell yeah, if you love this as much as I do.
Try it and see what your reaction will be.

Overall : 8.75/10
Jannikfi
Fantastic fragrance DNA that also allows combinations
A wonderful entry-level oud fragrance that has an average to good performance. He convinces me of the fragrance DNA absolutely and just the top and heart notes convince me with every use anew and confirm me in the purchase of this fragrance!

I own Oud Wood now already 1.5 years, but he finds regular use with me - especially in autumn I like it particularly well. But only recently I came across that this fragrance can also be combined with other fragrances excellent.

Two combinations that I particularly like are Oud Wood with Lavender Extreme or the sweeter and fruity version with Bitter Peach - both have done it to me lately very much and I can only advise everyone to try out these combinations. (Although I'm not the biggest fan of either combination scent solo, they really shine in combination)
I love that smell DNA
I love this smell just from Tom Ford Oud Wood, BUT the durability is underground for this price and the Silage could also be awenig better.

Me it sometimes reminds make a salmiac lolly (which there are at the fair, called DOM with us)
I just can't do without it. Would they improve the two points I have written above, I would really only wear the
Leprince069
Overhyped but basically not bad
The fragrance just doesn't live up to its hype. Ok, he is very sweet, he is digestible and he is also for party, date or Ausgehabend with friends applicable. But you don't have to buy Oud Wood for that, you can take any other good designer fragrance. The thing with the oud... well, it's just not really the oud you usually get. Just tamed, super debilitating and mild. Not at all comparable to real oud scents. But then again, it certainly wouldn't be as popular otherwise. I actually had quite high expectations, but was then slowed down a bit. Tom Ford fragrances are just overhyped in my opinion. They are as I said not bad, but in the price range there are already other niche fragrances that bring higher quality compositions on the road.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 10 days ago
Light woods, sweet-spicy opening with an almost jasmine-like airiness. Light dusting of spices for added lift. Linear. A more polite OFG.
EstbienlaEstbienla 2 months ago
I have tested it several times so as not to be mistaken, the result is quite banal with a very common synthetic Oud.
SentenzaSentenza 2 months ago
Horrific performance. Almost felt like I was being robbed or scammed. The scent is top notch, but the performance is a disaster.
BielwenassBielwenass 3 months ago
A versatile and very pleasant warm scent with bad longevity.
Blako11Blako11 5 months ago
Lástima que la reformularan. Como olor una maravilla, fue mi primer perfume de la marca.
MrLawmanMrLawman 6 months ago
Catchiest perfume name ever. Oud flows into Wood, just like the smell.
TorkeTorke 7 months ago
An amazing sober, versatile Oud scent.
Good both for the office and a night out.
Its below average performance makes it a bit overpriced
RazvanykeRazvanyke 7 months ago
The OG of niche Fragrances, it all started with it. I simply adore the calm mix of Oud, Cardamom and Sandalwood. Lasts long too, a winner!
VmasterVmaster 8 months ago
Good for a fragrance that contains synthetic oud. The expensive retail price makes people believe it contains real oud.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Oud Wood is spicy, dry, woody and creamy. Elegant scent with a touch of sweetness. The performance is very weak.

by EveMist
by EveMist
by Irini
the scent of the forest...
by ESSAHSAV
by Gandix
tom ford - oud wood: würziger nachtschatten des waldes...
by Felsn
Ludovico Einaudi meets Tom Ford
by Flanker
the scent of the forest...
by ESSAHSAV
Das Bild zu meinem Vampirkommi. Der Louis war ja auch etwas melancholisch.
by Stethoskop
by Stethoskop
Ausgewildert
by Floyd
Oud Wood trotzt dem Dunklen Lord ;)
by DavidBraz
Mehr alter Baum als Tom
In den Rheinauen
by JohnnyLaw
by OvidiuH
Eine tiefe Schlucht, Fresh!
by Fedaie
by DSscents
by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
by mattitjahu
TF - Oud Wood Probefläschchen.  Vielen Dank dafür an Mustang69!
by AromaTikka
by DanyPereyra
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford