Oud Wood Intense 2017

Oud Wood Intense by Tom Ford
Oud Wood Intense is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is leathery-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Oud, Angelica root, Cypress

Submitted by Kovex, last update on 23.10.2020.

5.5

Razvanyke
Not everything with TF logo is good
I am a huge fan of the original Oud Wood, I like it a lot, that beautiful cardamom scent and woody .. it is a piece of art which I will always have in the collection.

Today, in Douglas I tried the new Oud Wood Intense .. no way this is the "better" oud wood, what the hell is this, Tom Ford?

In the moment in which it started the drydown, I really wanted to find a sink to wash it away .. unfortunately I did not found so I did it at home.

I smell a kind of Tuscan Leather, but dirty not in a good way and almost repulsive.

I do hope this was just my nose, playing with my senses and it is actually a good perfume, I will try again at another date - but now, a big no from me.
The real Fucking Fabulous
First of all: There is absolutely no front against the "real" Fucking Fabulous. I love him.

Oud Wood Intense was initially one of the fragrances that never played a role for me. It was simply too expensive and not special enough for me. Well, wrong thought, meanwhile it is my signature scent
Before my time on Parfumo, I assumed that it simply smells like Oud Wood, only it performs better After I filled my perfume cupboard properly in 2020, I thought that I would have to test the Intense version after all.
So I ordered a bottling and let myself be enchanted.

As a test: It was a warm summer day (about 28° degrees) and I was with my girlfriend in the local perfumery and we strolled through the old city centre of my hometown. After I showed her all the Tom Ford scents and she fell in love with Orchid Soleil, we went for an ice cream.
Oud Wood Intense was close on my heels, and I always noticed him.
Even those in the perfume shop asked me what I was going to wear Oud Wood Intense has a maximum 5% Oud Wood DNA. The rest is incredibly difficult to put into words. Unique. Balsamic. Heavy. Just special.

About the fragrance: Tom Fords from the oud series are not necessarily known as truly authentic oud fragrances, which is absolutely justified. Oud Wood Intense, however, definitely goes in an oriental and almost authentic oud direction. It is much darker and well, almost a bit dirty. The leathery undertone, which is always noticeable, is not as tamed as the one in Tuscan Leather. I would describe it as rough and edgy. All in all, it blends beautifully with the bittersweet cypress. The scent is extremely complex and unique. For me it fits more into the warm season, because it brings a slight coolness.

Regarding sillage and durability: Intense is exceptionally meant seriously here. The fragrance lasts loosely on the skin all day long and on clothes for weeks. Due to the high projection 3-4 splashes are enough. I also wear it in the office and am super happy with it. (My colleagues also :D)

Overall, Oud Wood Intense is a slightly dirty and multi-faceted fragrance. If Tom Ford can't think of another name, could he be renamed "Fucking Fabulous" and this could be changed to, well...maybe "Almond Leather"? He definitely deserves a name of his own.

Thank you very much for reading! Definitely test it if you're into that and don't be put off by the words "Oud Wood"

Tom Ford Oud Wood vs Oud Wood Intense
This is my Tom Ford Oud Wood vs Oud Wood Intense video. A video for Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense Review along with Tom Ford Oud Wood Review. I’m a huge fan of Tom Ford Oud Wood and I absolutely love the way this oud fragrance smells. So I was very excited to find out about Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense being a fan of the original I’m always curious to see what they will come up with. This is definitely a different take on Tom Ford Oud Wood. And be prepared to like animalic style oud fragrances. More Middle Eastern/Arabic style oud perfumes. If you're curious more please watch my review video. Thank you.

DarellDarell 63 days ago
I love the original Tom Ford Oud Wood!
But this I Oud ''would'' not buy in a million years.
What a off putting fragrance yikes...

by Jomvaf
by Emphvtic
by TillAlex
by TillAlex

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford