Rive d'Ambre 2013

Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford
Rive d'Ambre is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

BergamotBergamot
LemonLemon
Bitter orangeBitter orange
TarragonTarragon
CardamomCardamom
SpearmintSpearmint
BenzoinBenzoin
Pear tree woodPear tree wood
CognacCognac
Tolu balmTolu balm
AmberAmber

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 10.06.2021.

Augusto
Doesn't have to be a boat all the time
Rive d'Ambre was a summer discovery. It's light and sparkling, sparkling like the sun on the waves. A bit citric, as if the smell of an eaten tangerine still sticks to your hands. A little salt on the skin, a woody finish like the dashboard of a boat, for example. Golden-orange shimmer on tanned skin. Voilá, a summer amber full of carefreeness. For all those who want to remember something like that even in winter. Doesn't always have to be a boat.
Norleans
Here the price is the niche
Yesterday, while I was clearing out my briefcase, a forgotten filling of this good substance rolled towards me. I have had RdA on my watch list for quite some time, but I was no longer aware that I had already received a sample of this. My surprise and joy was great!
Although I wore a completely different fragrance behind my ears yesterday, I immediately sprayed Rive d'Ambre generously on my wrist because my joy was so great. And of course the impatience even a little bit bigger.

At first I was a bit reminded of Mandarino di Amalfi, whereby in the top note at RdA the Mandarine/Lemon was rather exchanged for a ripe orange. Later the composition gets even darker and loses more and more citric in my nose and changes into a dark, sweet area. I like this one very much. If the fragrance description didn't say "Cognac", I probably wouldn't smell him as such. But if you know what to look for, it is clearly perceptible and makes the dark citric/sweet Gesamtkunstwerk even more special.

Even if the good Rive d'Ambre will probably never move in as a bottle with me due to a blatantly high list price, because I don't find it worth owning (in principle, the price makes it a niche fragrance), it is a really special, but nevertheless round fragrance, very pleasing and somehow palatable. The Sillage is socially acceptable and the shelf life is ok. Whereby the test on the wrist does not necessarily promote the durability, since the shirt sleeve or the laying down of the wrist when writing on keyboards wears the smell certainly more strongly than a spraying behind the ears.

For me, this would be the first citric stone to be worn perfectly in an autumn storm, an Antarctic crossing or a January mudflat hike. In the heat it would be a little bit too heavy for me personally.
A trial sniff is worthwhile in any case and maybe you can get a "bargain" somewhere.

Thanks for reading and a nice remaining weekend.

Rickbr
Well, without looking at the notes, i expected Rive d'Ambre to be, due to the amber on its name, thick, sweet, more oriental overall. But maybe Tom Ford was wanting to allude to the ambient where you collect the ambergris? I don't know, but this is fresh, citrusy, sparkling, not thick or very oriental at all. It opens with for me with what seems to be lemons, oranges, tangerines, their leaves mixed with neroli flowers and something sweet citrusy juice. It calms quickly after the mouthwatering opening, which can be a little bit disappointing, because you want the first pleasant impression to last much more. I like it, but i question myself how does this fit in a private collection of fragrances, since it has such a pleasant and easy to like aura that it would seems more right to put into mainstream instead.

by Flanker
by Flanker
by TheScenter
by TheScenter
by Lilienfeld
by Lilienfeld

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford