Santal Blush 2011

Santal Blush by Tom Ford
Santal Blush is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2011. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Yann Vasnier

SpicesSpices Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang CinnamonCinnamon SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.09.2022.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions
RobinM10
True love stories never end
It was in the summer of 2017 when I first came into contact with Tom Ford. In Oberpollinger I was attracted by the big choice and was induced to test Oud Wood and take it with me. At the same time I got three more bottlings to get even deeper into the matter of Tom Ford. One of those bottlings was Santa Blush. At first I tested it very sparingly in November, here too the scent fits pretty well. It came as it had to come: I had fallen in love. For me this was the olfactory highlight of my life until then. In the course of 2018 I emptied the bottling only on very special occasions and each time it was a delight for me to be allowed to smell this composition by Tom Ford.

When I also enjoyed my last drop of Santa blouse, I wondered if a bottle would be worth the money. But instead of buying me one and enjoying it again, my head switched to economy mode and looked for alternatives and cheaper copies. There I learned that with the (right) scents it is like in love, you never go as whole and none is like the one. Arrived in the year 2019, I had already slightly displaced Santa Blush, admired some other fragrances here and tested myself. It must have been in April of this year when I raved about my better half of this fragrance. Three months later, on my birthday, the (recently) brown bottle lay in front of me. Surprised and full of joy I admired my girlfriend for her conception and especially for her memory. D

Now I can again enjoy the pleasure of smelling this incredibly good scent. Although she had never smelt him herself, she understood relatively quickly what I like about him. 3 splashes were applied for the birthday dinner and so it came that our regular waitress (beautiful Italian, mid 40s) approached me and we got into conversation. Your life companion gets now to the 50th also hall Blush! P
I think you can read very well what joy this fragrance brings in me, because a real love story never ends as you know. ;-)

Still quick to my assessment:
A fragrance for all seasons with a clear tendency towards spring. Creamy, woody, it invites you to enjoy. An unmistakable scent for cosy hours for two or for the rather small big appearance. Understatement meets olfactory luxury.
During the first four hours, one is perceived very well at arm's length before the fragrance nestles against the body for the last three hours. I would like to quote the dear Leimbach here: "Durability: 7 hours are not enough for me... for that he is simply too schööön ;-)"
In any case unisex and suitable for pretty much anyone.

Last but not least, I would like to thank Tom Ford for my own fragrance and my girlfriend for this thoughtful birthday present. My joy could not have been greater!
also for men lace
i find the scent to be top notch, smells very pleasantly woody, if I had to describe it: white chocolate with pleasantly smelling light woods. Guys can wear it loose, too. For ladies also super, could be very sexy and she would smell very unique. Perfect for spring and autumn during the day, smartly dressed.

Creamy santal
Santal Blush is a woody and floral at the same time.

Opens with a lot of cinnamon and other spices, then joins the ylang and a huge note of jasmine. This opening phase remembers a lot of Versace Crystal Noir.

The sandal itself is creamy and, as said here, has a coconut smell, which turns it into a fruity smell in the middle notes. This phase remembers me of Black Orchid after some hours.

I wish there were more sandal in it. I mean, i did want it to be woodier than it is.

Definetely a great scent, but not in my top. I'd stay with Chanel Bois des Iles instead.

I can say this is an unisex fragrance, but tends to be more feminine.

Sillage, lasting power and projectium are medium in my skin(around 8 hours).

Disappointing
I didn't expect to like this given the cumin, fenugreek and carrot seed notes. Sounded like a recipe for a great curry, but not a perfume. Cinnamon is also a note I tend not to like in a fragrance. When I put it on, I was pleasantly surprised that it was much more woody and less curry-like than I had feared. I did not pick up any cinnamon at all, and the cumin, fenugreek and carrot seed really seemed to augment and enhance the woods nicely and not just make the perfume smell like stew. There was also a very nice rosey undertone to the scent.

About 15 minutes into the development of the scent, though, two things happened that turned my enthusiastic like of this perfume into a disappointed dislike. First, I picked up something similar to the incense note that made Lotita Lempicka not work on my skin. Second, I got a distinct plasticy, artificial smell that sadly made me think of bad mass market perfumes. This sharp plastic note did subside a bit as time went on, but then strangely reappeared, then disappeared again, then reappeared and so on. If it had gone away for good, I could have rated this perfume higher. Alas, like a bad penny, it just kept coming back. Such a shame.

Smokey Blush
First intake of this perfume is definitely cedar. To me it smells of a faint campfire (smoky). Then I can sense a little floral I believe it's the ylang ylang and not so much rose. Someone referenced spiced wood chips and saw dust and that's exactly the feeling I get from this delightful scent. The dry down is better as I tend to gravitate towards the powdery. Staying power not so great but if there was a lotion or creme it might have more staying power once layered together.
More reviews

2 short views on the fragrance
Blako11Blako11 1 year ago
It only starts with an intense aroma, but suddenly becomes nothing. After a short while, it just smells like ylang ylang.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Magnificent creamy sandalwood. So easy to wear yet so classy.

Images

19 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Ombré Leather Parfum by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Black Orchid Parfum by Tom Ford