Shanghai Lily (2013)

Shanghai Lily by Tom Ford

Shanghai Lily is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Bitter orange, Pink pepper, Black pepper, Clove, Jasmine, Rose, Tuberose, Vetiver, Cashmere wood, Laotian benzoin, Castoreum, Cistus, Gaiac wood, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.01.2020.

Shanghai Lily is part of the collection ,,Private Blend: Atelier d'Orient".

8.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

Fauch Miau
So, first comment, please be gracious, and let's go:

Shanghai Lily was a blind run. But I dared it despite all doubts, I like quite a lot of TF scents. I like the character of the house or the scents basically.
As soon as the scent was there and torn from the packaging, the first sprayer came... and a little disappointment right after that. The first fragrance impression was pludgy, a bit old-fashioned, not mine at all. Scandalous, I thought to myself, and that with a Ford fragrance that is otherwise as far away from old-fashioned as the geisha from the chastity belt....
Well, I figured stay brave and let him develop.
Shortly afterwards I added a soapy and spicy note, I know it from the Süleyman le Magnifique by Fort and Manle, but I also like sexy but it's different. That's the first 10 minutes.
After that the scent becomes warm and spicy quite fast, clove and vanilla/benzoin I take was clear in the core, the pludrig-seifige remains clearly perceptible in the head but nevertheless and in the underground the darkness of beaver horny, guaiac and frankincense floats. The flowers meander through the other notes and bind together, the jasmine being the most perceptible, but no stuffy, no worry and also not dominant.
So matured the fragrance remains clearly perceptible for hours. The overall impression is then: somewhat scratchy, pludrig-seifig-würzig-warm scent with a hint of dirty for people with a certain maturity that leaves me somewhat perplexed. If I close my eyes and try to associate people who wear the scent, everything comes from the well-groomed older person to the dominatrix, but it doesn't suit anybody right. Funny...

I like him: jein
Trage-Setting: good question, rather still work, believe it or not; I don't think it's scented out (see next point...)
Sexy: Yep, the powder makes it less sexy for me than if I couldn't smell the powder like that
Sex: unisex from my point of view, has to spray a man once, would interest me
Season: except midsummer at noon always
Age: hm, rather so from 30, is for me from the character no "young" fragrance

H + S good, well perceptible for 7-8 hrs

Hm, I'll keep wearing it and see if I can get smarter out of it.
6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Ladylike - Grand Madame- Spotlight
First thing that stands out is something spicier. In the warmth, the fragrance unfolds in its entirety. Great rounded, enveloping, creamy-spicy, with hinted sweetness, carries and lasts long through the day. Leaves something hidden in the dark, arouses curiosity. Interesting mixture of spice and sweetness without losing femininity. It emphasizes rather other sides of it ...... Discover for yourself !

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford