Sole di Positano Acqua (2019)

Sole di Positano Acqua by Tom Ford

Sole di Positano Acqua is a new perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon petitgrain, Petitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesShiso leaf, Green moss, Moheli ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.01.2020.

6.0 9.0 8.0/10

Take three, pay only one!
We all know such offers, you can choose three different items from a pool and then only have to pay for the most expensive one, the other two are free.

I had to think of such actions while testing Sole di Positano Acqua.

At first, however, I thought I was only getting one scent, namely 4711.
In the prelude and the whole first hour, Sole di Positano Acqua strongly recalls the admittedly natural, transparent and refreshingly uncomplicated 4711 Acqua Colonia fragrances: in my nose orange blossom and petitgrain, without petitgrain coming too dominantly to the fore.
A bit outraged that a Tom Ford dares to smell like a fragrance in the lowest price range, I put the tube in the sample box for the encores. If I want to smell like this, which I would like to sometimes, I buy a 4711 for 18,00 € and not a Tom Ford for 108,00.

And then I cleaned up, emptied the mailbox...
Suddenly a strange smell came up my nose. What was that? It smelled like all those scents of water lily or water lily that seem so strangely musty and swampy that I always flinch when I read them in Pyramiden. Could this be the Tom Ford? Indeed. From my 4711 impression there was only a hint of citric freshness left, and above it was a whole swamp of fresh water, close to decaying, polluted with some plastic.

Hmm, the Tom Ford obviously has more to offer than a classic 4711-Cologne, but unfortunately just the wrong thing for me. On the one hand, this realization made me feel reconciled (but not a rip-off), but on the other hand I was disappointed for a second time.
Now the time had actually come to wash off the scent, but I just had a few things to do and one thing led to another...

What was that? Something wonderful and flowery was in the air. Could this be the Tom Ford? Indeed. Now the pond had regained its ecological balance: an interesting, peculiarly tart freshness of fresh water and green plants mixes with wonderful, slightly sweetish, beguiling flowers. Fresh, but warm as on a warm summer evening, mild, friendly and unusual. What flowers are they? Without knowing the pyramid, I'd almost bet on lilies of the valley. I love real lily of the valley scent
I suppose the shiso leaf is my water lily and together with the remains of the citrus parts, the moss and the Mohéli Ylang-Ylang a lily of the valley meadow at the lake is created for me on a mild spring evening.
Pay one and you get three:
First, a 4711.
Secondly, a light fragrance for women with a dominant water lily Thirdly, a mild, warm lily of the valley dream in fresh water.

I like two of the three very much.
Since the spring evening at the lake lasts the whole night, I can survive the half hour of bumpy ponds with plastic without any problems.

I fished the sample out of the box again. I will wear Sole di Positano Acqua again. At the latest in spring.

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford