Soleil Blanc (2016) Eau de Parfum

Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Benzoin, Coco de mer

Submitted by Michael, last update on 02.11.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 6.5/10

Coconut soap
That was exactly my association when I sniffed TF Soleil Blanc. Even if coconut is not listed, I smell coconut, but also soap. Coconut cream, one of the nobler varieties for the body (by no means for eating), I also let pass. Of all the ALZD samples of Tom I ordered, I like this one the best. And this, although I had not packed it because of the great descriptions, but just out of curiosity. This is a fragrance that suits your summer holiday. Soleil Blanc surrounds you with a touch of noble sun cream from the high price segment. Suitable for the partly overpriced beaches on my favorite island (about 50 Euro a day, that's crazy!). With this fragrance you bring the corresponding luxury touch with you :)

Soleil Blanc is fresh and creamy at the same time. This distinguishes it from many typical summer scents, which simply come across as one-dimensionally sweet and smell like cocktails. I'd rather drink that than fragrance myself with it. ;) See him primarily in a woman of younger age. To be honest, I can hardly imagine this scent on men.

Even though I will soon go on my well-deserved vacation, this fragrance does not come with me. I like him, but he lacks that certain something for a must-have. I'm gonna have to do a little testing on Tom till I find my TF. I'm convinced that he exists. :)
8.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

The Melancholy of the Summer Evening
An extraordinary fragrance. Sweet Caribbean holiday desserts, some driftwood, here and there the spray of the sea and all rounded off by Pina Colada at sunset in a lonely Caribbean bay.

A fragrance that is sometimes a bit sweet for the summer, but actually always fits.

It is pleasant, the Sillage holds just by his nevertheless sweet kind straight in warm weather eternally. At 20 degrees and up, she seems the strongest, underneath she becomes slightly weaker on the chest.

Also it does not seem to give way, the course is quite subtle, but present. While the fragrance is a bit gourmand at the beginning, it becomes more melancholic towards the end, more sedate and the coconut-like note seems to be the only thing that still keeps the fragrance sweet.
Recommended for all who do not need shower gel fruit refreshment. The price is high, but it's great for what the fragrance delivers in performance.

If you are permanently in a warm environment, the durability felt goes on forever. Even if the scent is very close to the skin after 10 hours at the latest.
10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

The sultriness of the UAE
Certainly a summer scent... even more appropriate in October 2018 in Dubai.

28.07.18
It was already bought in midsummer as a spontaneous purchase during a shopping trip including female company. The temperatures in sultry and warm Munich at that time were perfect for the fragrance and so we both liked it and found its way to the shelves. Right there he stood for 2 months and wasn't touched. Because Cool Water and Neroli were worn.

30.09.2018
Anticipation, reserving seats at Emirates, packing your suitcases, rummaging out your swimming trunks... Pack TF Soleil Blanc.
On arrival at MUC Airport still worn TF Oud Wood, because rain and cold.
Directly on the first evening, after beach and pool, Soleil Blanc was sprayed on. After a good dinner at the hotel's own italy. Restaurant we walked on the beach under palm trees and I enjoyed the weather, the light sultriness, the sound of the sea AND the smell of TF SB. It could not be more coherent at that moment.

Later we went to the mall and also on the way there the scent was perfectly accentuated due to the climate. So it came that I bought myself without further ado for the day the body spray belonging to it.

Everything done right and so the next 10 days passed. It was a wonderful holiday and the memory remains. When I want to refresh them, I spray Soleil Blanc on my wrist and think of the palm trees, the sand and the sea...
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

It's the Caribbean!
My third comment on a TF scent. This time it shall be the white sun. While I associate Mandarino di Amalfi with places like Santorini or Cinque Terre, it is the Caribbean or French Polynesia that I think of when I smell Soleil Blanc. But unlike Santorini or Cinque Terre, I have never been to the Caribbean or Tahiti.

To the fragrance:
I find white a very well chosen color. Cause that color comes to mind. I don't understand why no coconut was listed, because I smell it very clearly and I don't think I'm the only one. But according to another commentary, the Seychelles palm is responsible for this. Soleil Blanc gives me the feeling of wearing a very nice smelling sun cream. Slightly sweet, flowery, creamy and still fresh. Is that even possible?! Well, that scent proved it.

Although the white sun in the heart note consists only of flowers, I don't find it too feminine. Besides, I think men can wear florals anyway. Just like the color pink. What I wanted to say is that this is another successful unisex fragrance from Ford.

When I smell Soleil Blanc, I don't think of any outdoor pool in summer. No, he takes me to a perfect dream beach in the Caribbean or to Tahiti. Crystal clear water, white sand and a delicious cocktail in the shade of a palm tree (no idea how much shade palm trees can provide).

I've already got two white sun free patterns, on the occasions I wore it, it kept a good 7-8 hours I believe. A little longer than MdA with me. The Sillage, on the other hand, was similar to the mandarin. The bottle is also beautiful for my taste.
9.0 6.0 8.0 7.5/10

DonJuanDeCat
A creamy-balsamic, but also slightly sultry summer
Soo,... I'm now writing about a Tom Ford fragrance, a brand that offers both damn good fragrances and damn horrible ones! Uh, and of course also "normal" fragrances in between :D

"Oh, no!" you're gonna say! "He'll talk about how bad he thinks Black Orchid is." I have to admit, I've mentioned this 100 times before... but with this I underline how bad I find Black Orchid :D
Well, so the other day I sprayed Black Orchid on a strip of paper to show it to a perfume that had actually told me that Black Orchid wouldn't smell as heavy as I would always say. So she had to sniff it again! The result: She ran away and didn't come back until today!!!

All right, okay, that was a bit exaggerated, but Black Orchid really REALLY smells, well, let's say "special", because the perfume also turned up its nose. It's bad enough if you use this scent in autumn and winter, but in summer it's deadly :D

But there are other ways, as proven by fragrances such as Neroli Portofino, Mandarino di Amalfi or just this fragrance here, at least as far as summer fragrances are concerned. Now comes Soleil Blanc, a fragrance that seems to have been created for the summer. Whether I agree, you'll find out now. And by the way, I also try to enumerate some differences to the Eau de Blanc Soleil.

The fragrance:
At the beginning I smell jasmine and tuberose, two quite sweet, flowery scents. The bergamot is hardly perceptible. Right at the beginning, there is a big difference to the "Eau" version of this fragrance, because the Eau de Soleil Blanc starts with bitter oranges more citric and therefore fresher.
A little later I also smell the Ylang-Ylang (which at first smells about as intense as the Eau Soleil). This scent makes the fragrance slightly heavier and also a bit sultry, whereas it is not as extremely intense as in some other scents with ylang-ylang.
A little later the benzoin works, which makes the fragrance wonderfully smooth and gentle, this resin simply "feels" wonderfully on the skin. The tonka bean also makes the fragrance more powdery, which makes the fragrance even more pleasant.
Unfortunately, the ylang-ylang becomes (unfortunately) a bit more intense (but not as intense as with other fragrances), which makes the fragrance feel muggier to me. Without this flowery note I would feel the fragrance very beautiful throughout (and more unisex), but at least the resinous and powdery notes soften the fragrance a bit, so that it is still quite pleasant despite the heavy flowery note and also comes across a little creamy. By the way, the base is very similar to the Eau de Blanc Soleil, whereby one can still smell some oranges in the background while the Ylang-Ylang is more intense here.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The air's fine, but it's not a blast. It is average and will therefore be perceived reasonably well from close up to normal distance.
The shelf life is quite good as the fragrance lasts over eight hours.

The bottle:
Like most TF bottles, the high-quality and beautifully shaped bottle has the shape of a (in my opinion) Tuscan column, with the lid of the bottle representing the capital of the column. It is white, which makes it stand out well from the green/blue and black flacons. On the front you can see a golden label with the name of the fragrance. A very nice bottle as usual.

So, Soleil Blanc is a nice fragrance that sometimes looks a little sultry (because of the ylang-ylang), but weeeeit is far from smelling as horrible as Black Orchid, he he he :D
Anyway, I feel like Black Orchid was composed just to torture poor guys with it. Especially at upcoming events like the soccer world cup at the moment, where men seem to pay a little less attention to their girlfriends or wives and the beautiful "curves" are exceptionally related to the leathery ball, even if 22 sweaty guys should follow this one like stupid :D
And as revenge for the lack of attention, women can now intensively fog themselves with Black Orchid (not that I want to bring some on stupid ideas...!), especially on the very hot days, mu ha ha ha ha. This,... yes THIS is one of the few moments where I don't find it so bad to be a permanent single, mu ha ha ha ha :DD

But back to the fragrance: Soleil Blanc is really nice. It may not be citric, but despite its flowery and resinous notes it is not really heavy, so that it is easy to wear in summer, of course only if the dosage is not exaggerated and it is not exactly 30 degrees. In my opinion, it's the best all-rounder you could ever wear (although I would prefer to wear it in autumn because of the sultry ylang-ylang). If the ylang-ylang had not been, I would have rated the fragrance even higher!

In my opinion, what is more beautiful, the scent here or the eau (which I will describe in a few days)? You can't really answer that here, because the scents smell quite similar from the heart note and especially in the base. The biggest difference lies in the top note, where the eau is slightly fresher due to the bitter oranges. Otherwise, both scents are very nice, but you just have to stand on a slightly sultry Ylang-Ylang. Oh and I think that the purchase of the other fragrance is not really worth it if you already own one of the two fragrances.
But roughly speaking, if you like more intense ylang-ylang and resinous notes, you should use this fragrance. If you want to smell some oranges instead and have a slightly fresher start, then the Eau is the right choice.

Yes, a test is definitely worth it. The floral notes, however, make the fragrance more feminine than unisex for me

by Sweetsmell75
by Amylovesyou
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford