Soleil Blanc 2016 Eau de Parfum

Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is creamy-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
TuberoseTuberose
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
BenzoinBenzoin
Coco de mer

Submitted by Michael, last update on 22.10.2021.

Come in, sunshine!
Romeo: "Arise, fair sun! And wipe out that envious Luna who's already pale and sick with thirst...! "

A summer love that began and never ends... A wonderful creamy fragrance, which is perhaps too simple for many, but clear in its DNA and simple at the same time, it completely fulfills its task. As a "white sun" he gives good and positive energy and mood and so far I was finally allowed to harvest many compliments from equally beautiful women, as the fragrance itself.

A must for every artist who wants to blossom in the summer...!

Not very strong
If you’re looking for a light, summery perfume, this one might be the one. It smells of coconut, sweet, like a drink, but not too sweet. It’s nice to wear all summer, particularly when outside. The sillage is low and unfortunately the longevity is short on me, so I have to reapply every two hours. Because of that it makes this a very expensive perfume for me and I probably won’t buy it again.
It would be nice to wear to a wedding or church when you need a scent, but don’t want to call attention to yourself.
Not mine
Imagine you're on summer vacation and getting ready for the beach. With skin type 1, you first apply a large portion of SPF 50 and finally reach for a perfume. But which one? Soleil Blanc was allowed to come with me on holiday and was also bought blind especially for this. After all, it is associated with palm trees, beach and sun. So yes, the perfume smells like sunscreen and coconut. But I found it too overpowering. I smelled like sunscreen anyway and found the scent on top to be artificial, heavy powdery and too warm for a daytime summer scent. In fact for me only imaginable on summer EVENINGS. I advise against a blind purchase
Luxury summer
Summer, golden-brown tanned skin, sand, coconuts and blazing sun

First time sniffing the scent is already familiar

Great coconut scent and also the often advertised sunscreen note comes through. For mic hold ds perfume also a certain sexiness. I store it gladly in the evening with Armani pinch Rose D'Arabie.
RiJa
Not what they think I am
It's summer
I'm sitting on the beach of the Côte d'Azur
with the rich and beautiful
A sundowner in my hand
Feet in the sand
with white dress
to make my tanned skin glow

The illusion is perfect
But it's not real
Actually, I'm not rich at all
Nor as special as I'd like to be
Now I have to pay off my holiday loan

- All in all, a nice fragrance though, with a great citrusy creamy opening, but then drifts into the mainstream and gets lost in the masses of sunscreen fragrances. Chic bottle, but the price is in my opinion not in proportion to the performance what S / H or even the fragrance itself.
5.5
Other than hoped for
Being a fan of the scent of sunscreen and loving coconut, I had to get a sample.

Upon first testing, how shall I say, I thought my nose was broken. I didn't notice the sunscreen, nor did I find this scent remotely pleasant. I perceived a (please don't hang me for saying this) a floral toilet room scent. Artificial, exhausting, and far from what I had hoped for. And I washed it off my wrist. Maybe the sample tipped? Can't imagine, though, since it came from an experienced perfumo who stores his scents in a dark, cool place and the scent was freshly bottled.

Immediately, though, I thought to myself that I wasn't going to give up on this scent anytime soon. Maybe it was just a wrong day for it.

A few days later, I tried it again. I perceived the scent that way again, but waited patiently for the drydown.

More and more I could understand what so many meant by the sunscreen scent. The pungent note for me was slowly but surely less. Went but never completely away. Because before I could win him for me, the scent was also almost gone. I think that I just generally have a problem with tuberose.

A floral, sweet scent on me with a short longevity. I like its creaminess. The bergamot I do not perceive. Coconut, oddly enough, also only with a lot of imagination. I can imagine him exclusively on the beach in conjunction with the scent of salty sea water well
Sonnenwind
Come on, let's go for a walk on the mud flats...
90s summer vacation of many.
Mom and Dad finally have vacation and want to take us three Rabauken in the summer.
Early in the morning, the cooler is equipped with cold packs and inside comes homemade pasta salad and meatballs.
Is grandma ready to go? Because she also wants to come along. Briefly with the burgundy button phone at shortly before 8 ring through.
Parasol, blankets, bathing utensils together and Mama's most important question before departure:
"Have you put sunscreen on?"
Sure did.
Swimsuit on and off we go!

Off to the Dorum North Sea beach. Luckily we are here early in the morning. Otherwise, the most beautiful places are gone. Strandkorb is too expensive for all so the
Parasol directly into the ground knock and off on the blanket. There comes also already the grandma with her dark blue Lada angedüst.

When grandma comes, it's adventurous.
While my brothers in the wave pool half drown, I'm waiting for the low tide and Grandma's invitation to walk on the mud flats.
Lubricate again and off into the mud. Barefoot of course.
Shell injuries, crayfish sightings, lugworm turrets,
Panic attacks while
"sinking in the silt" with final strainer swim included.
Late afternoon is still on the beach for's supper with grandma crabs picked. Fresh from the crab cutter.
Grandma is a world champion in crab picking.
With 13 budgies in the kitchen, we hungrily munch on brown bread with scrambled eggs and top ruff the crabs.

It all sounds quite rustic and only secondarily describes the smell. But hovering over these memories is inevitably the scent of high quality sun cream and tanned skin.
For me personally, Soleil Blanc is not just a fragrance, but everything that makes up a beautiful summer and memories of it.

No matter what beach you want to go to, Soleil Blanc will get you there.

Moin...
N471v3
Tom Ford makes such good fragrances that I often don't know if I really like them
As paradoxical as it sounds, it is paradoxical Actually I dug out my "Soleil Blanc" sample, because I've been interested in Soleil Neige for quite some time now, and wanted to get a better idea in which direction these white, pleasing creamy powder / sun cream fragrances are going again.

As far as I understand it, Soleil is a luxurious take on sunscreen, or at least the feeling that you have when you wear sunscreen.

And from my point of view, it's a perfect fit...

Here is Tom's own description of the fragrance:

"Unexpected. Sultry. Addictive.

Fragrance descirption:
Tom ford's soleil blanc is an addictive solar floral amber and coco de mer-infused perfume. Alive with seductive cardamom and refreshingly decadent ylang ylang, Tom ford's soleil blanc unapologetically exudes the endless pursuit of sun and luxury, that defines soleil."

Sultry means sultry, hot-blooded. I really must say, I've never smelled such an expensive and appealing sunscreen scent... it smells like when people drink Pina Colada on a yacht, and a little bit of the Colada splashes on the sun-heated skin, on which there is of course sunscreen.
Everything is white, the yacht, the robe, only the skin is already very brown, they were here in the sun the whole holiday!
So sweetness, coconut, and a ticking freshness is then also present, even if it is bergamot, and not pineapple.

And now that I describe it that way,- actually the scent is from a certain point of view a little bit related to Creed's "Virgin Island Water", only that instead of the sunscreen effect we have rum inside...

Still, the scents "do" something similar.

Another counterpart for me would be Jil Sander Sun (Men, Woman I don't know), a fragrance that goes very strongly in this "sweet sun cream" direction
But comparisons don't help us here in the end, because quite honestly,- none of the fragrances mentioned is really very similar, especially in terms of the way they are made.

Tom Ford is once again able to create a fragrance that smells extremely noble and luxurious, without looking clumsy, without showing off his intention too much.
But people will often ask you "who smells so good" and "what is that (sunscreen)"... because that stuff is really something You can't sit next to someone and expect it to stay below their perceptual threshold, which can be good or bad. :)

But there is simply a really good way of doing it, everything is super balanced, but in such a way that one is always a little bit challenged and becomes aware of it.

I want to smell it all the time. it's really very addictive, even though I don't really like coconut in perfumes, haha...

And that brings us to this point. The design, the quality and composition is so good, the artwork is so refined that I want to smell it all the time,- although I probably wouldn't wear it that often anyway.

The scent is nice and unisex, so as a man you don't feel like a young girl in her 20s right now... :D (That's how it would be if I wore Juicy Couture for example...)
But this cute "happy" kind just screams to sip a cocktail on the beach in white outfit in summer.
Or at the after-beach party, in the noble apartment of the parents of a rich acquaintance.
So if I do this in everyday life, or even in the company, I'll probably be asked all the time if I was at the beach (or pond)... which is a bit strange in autumn. D

It is just for me a perfume that I like to test or as a mood enhancer on it, and I think I can not resist the temptation that my sample in the next summer vacation with me
But I think even there I will feel partly overdressed, haha...

Similarly good (but completely different) I feel for example F**king Fabulous, which is however for me personally even more pleasant, and somehow more suitable for me. Easier to wear... Never thought I would say this about FF, "it is easier to wear"... D

So chapeau to the maker again, I would like to appreciate that! :)

And I can only recommend you to give yourself this experience, really mind-expanding! B)
The white man
I have exchanged a bottling, because I started dreaming about the composition of the fragrance. The white scent of Tom Ford's scent already tells you where to go with the bottle... Beach, beach club, and long nights.

An absolute unisex scent, for me as a man, he could have a bit more "power" He is therefore reserved, but all the more charming in physical proximity.
For me an absolute pot of fragrance at hot
Weather, if I do not want to take up the whole room with my fragrance.

It's definitely worth a test!
LaPerleNoire
Rediscovered and fallen in love again.
Granted - Soleil Blanc stood untouched around the cupboard for over two years. Why I don't know for sure, somehow I had smelled myself "fed up" with it.
After I intuitively reached for him again the last days, the old love flared up again immediately !
I immediately had to remember that I treated myself to it in 2017 from my first salary (nostalgia!) and was surprised then that there are "so expensive" fragrances (Little did i know).
But finally to the essential - how does it smell? The citrusy, fruity top note (I mean there is pink pepper in it) is clearly perceptible at first sight, but fades away quite quickly. What remains is creamy, creamy coconut, pistachio, soft vanilla. Tuberose and Ylang-Ylang are admittedly notes I can't stand at all, and so I avoid them in my perfumes. Here, however, they balance the warm and sweet gourmand notes of the base and give the creation something airy, sparkling.
I am also not a fan of sweet sun milk headache coconut and tropical flowers. But Soleil Blanc is made so noble and elegant, even I deviate from my principles at times.

For me, the fragrance belongs in a luxury hotel, on tanned skin in a white swimsuit (a bit like the Rafaello ad ;) ). A fine but complex summer scent, which carries the DNA of sun milk, but much more sophisticated. The sillage is very neat, you can easily spray it over and from a few meters distance you can perceive it strongly for the first 3-4 hours. Especially the durability is unbeatable, I can still smell it clearly after 12 hours on clothes as well as skin and hair, it projects all day long when moving.
Accordingly, I would definitely not describe him as a light summer freshie. Nevertheless, Tom Ford manages to create a fragrance of summery light-heartedness that stands out from others of its kind through its sophistication. Absolutely noble, creamy and elegant. By the way, I also wear it in other seasons, because I find it very changeable.
Although Soleil Blanc is declared unisex, I find it clearly feminine.

After all this rapture now two negative points:
- Although I find the bottle to be really successful and luxurious, I find it absurd that the name of the fragrance is printed on a sticker (which in my case is also stuck on at an angle). My sticker is also slowly peeling off. The cap has a metal plate with a perforated TF logo on the top, so the question is: Wouldn't that have been possible on the bottle itself? In view of the not favourable price this looks unfortunately a little bit cheap and unattractive.
- In addition, I have the feeling that the scent is "tilted" extremely quickly. Sure, meanwhile I have it for 3 years and that can happen, but the colour of the juice became dark yellow (before transparent) already half a year after the purchase. In addition, it is hot immediately after spraying on, the citric top note has definitely changed and smells fermented.
Fortunately, the drydown is unchanged, so after about 15 minutes I can't see any difference from before. So I will continue to wear it, but I have read more and more about this phenomenon in reviews about the fragrance. So I'm probably not the only one who has had this experience. I don't seem to have this discovery despite it being disappointing, I have much older fragrances and nothing like this has ever happened to me before. Of course it could always have been a Monday product who knows...

All in all one of my favourite rediscoveries in my own collection, which will surely be published more often again.

Blako11Blako11 5 months ago
Very linear, it is a sweet coconut, but not too sweet, combined with pepper and pistachio.
JayNayJayNay 7 months ago
If this is for men too, then I must be too old fashioned.
DPArtistDPArtist 1 year ago
1st impressions: This is simply gorgeous. Leans more feminine to me but seeing as I'm single I'd wear it so I could still experience it! :D
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Soleil Blanc is not just the smell of coconut juice. Wear it and I'll be a coconut juice. The coconut juice my dog has not stole yet.

by Sweetsmell75
by Amylovesyou
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford