Soleil Blanc 2016Eau de Parfum

Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-creamy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Benzoin, Coco de mer

Submitted by Michael, last update on 12.01.2021.

The white summer
I bought the fragrance now six months ago blindly since the composition and reviews have made me very curious.
And what can I say, an absolutely noble, white summer fragrance!
Already the bottle conveys beach, yacht and pure luxury...
In my opinion, a uniquer unisex fragrance of the summer of its kind :)

Clear recommendations for all who like it chic!
N471v3
Tom Ford makes such good fragrances that I often don't know if I really like them
As paradoxical as it sounds, it is paradoxical Actually I dug out my "Soleil Blanc" sample, because I've been interested in Soleil Neige for quite some time now, and wanted to get a better idea in which direction these white, pleasing creamy powder / sun cream fragrances are going again.

As far as I understand it, Soleil is a luxurious take on sunscreen, or at least the feeling that you have when you wear sunscreen.

And from my point of view, it's a perfect fit...

Here is Tom's own description of the fragrance:

"Unexpected. Sultry. Addictive.

Fragrance descirption:
Tom ford's soleil blanc is an addictive solar floral amber and coco de mer-infused perfume. Alive with seductive cardamom and refreshingly decadent ylang ylang, Tom ford's soleil blanc unapologetically exudes the endless pursuit of sun and luxury, that defines soleil."

Sultry means sultry, hot-blooded. I really must say, I've never smelled such an expensive and appealing sunscreen scent... it smells like when people drink Pina Colada on a yacht, and a little bit of the Colada splashes on the sun-heated skin, on which there is of course sunscreen.
Everything is white, the yacht, the robe, only the skin is already very brown, they were here in the sun the whole holiday!
So sweetness, coconut, and a ticking freshness is then also present, even if it is bergamot, and not pineapple.

And now that I describe it that way,- actually the scent is from a certain point of view a little bit related to Creed's "Virgin Island Water", only that instead of the sunscreen effect we have rum inside...

Still, the scents "do" something similar.

Another counterpart for me would be Jil Sander Sun (Men, Woman I don't know), a fragrance that goes very strongly in this "sweet sun cream" direction
But comparisons don't help us here in the end, because quite honestly,- none of the fragrances mentioned is really very similar, especially in terms of the way they are made.

Tom Ford is once again able to create a fragrance that smells extremely noble and luxurious, without looking clumsy, without showing off his intention too much.
But people will often ask you "who smells so good" and "what is that (sunscreen)"... because that stuff is really something You can't sit next to someone and expect it to stay below their perceptual threshold, which can be good or bad. :)

But there is simply a really good way of doing it, everything is super balanced, but in such a way that one is always a little bit challenged and becomes aware of it.

I want to smell it all the time. it's really very addictive, even though I don't really like coconut in perfumes, haha...

And that brings us to this point. The design, the quality and composition is so good, the artwork is so refined that I want to smell it all the time,- although I probably wouldn't wear it that often anyway.

The scent is nice and unisex, so as a man you don't feel like a young girl in her 20s right now... :D (That's how it would be if I wore Juicy Couture for example...)
But this cute "happy" kind just screams to sip a cocktail on the beach in white outfit in summer.
Or at the after-beach party, in the noble apartment of the parents of a rich acquaintance.
So if I do this in everyday life, or even in the company, I'll probably be asked all the time if I was at the beach (or pond)... which is a bit strange in autumn. D

It is just for me a perfume that I like to test or as a mood enhancer on it, and I think I can not resist the temptation that my sample in the next summer vacation with me
But I think even there I will feel partly overdressed, haha...

Similarly good (but completely different) I feel for example F**king Fabulous, which is however for me personally even more pleasant, and somehow more suitable for me. Easier to wear... Never thought I would say this about FF, "it is easier to wear"... D

So chapeau to the maker again, I would like to appreciate that! :)

And I can only recommend you to give yourself this experience, really mind-expanding! B)
The white man
I have exchanged a bottling, because I started dreaming about the composition of the fragrance. The white scent of Tom Ford's scent already tells you where to go with the bottle... Beach, beach club, and long nights.

An absolute unisex scent, for me as a man, he could have a bit more "power" He is therefore reserved, but all the more charming in physical proximity.
For me an absolute pot of fragrance at hot
Weather, if I do not want to take up the whole room with my fragrance.

It's definitely worth a test!
LaPerleNoire
Rediscovered and fallen in love again.
Granted - Soleil Blanc stood untouched around the cupboard for over two years. Why I don't know for sure, somehow I had smelled myself "fed up" with it.
After I intuitively reached for him again the last days, the old love flared up again immediately !
I immediately had to remember that I treated myself to it in 2017 from my first salary (nostalgia!) and was surprised then that there are "so expensive" fragrances (Little did i know).
But finally to the essential - how does it smell? The citrusy, fruity top note (I mean there is pink pepper in it) is clearly perceptible at first sight, but fades away quite quickly. What remains is creamy, creamy coconut, pistachio, soft vanilla. Tuberose and Ylang-Ylang are admittedly notes I can't stand at all, and so I avoid them in my perfumes. Here, however, they balance the warm and sweet gourmand notes of the base and give the creation something airy, sparkling.
I am also not a fan of sweet sun milk headache coconut and tropical flowers. But Soleil Blanc is made so noble and elegant, even I deviate from my principles at times.

For me, the fragrance belongs in a luxury hotel, on tanned skin in a white swimsuit (a bit like the Rafaello ad ;) ). A fine but complex summer scent, which carries the DNA of sun milk, but much more sophisticated. The sillage is very neat, you can easily spray it over and from a few meters distance you can perceive it strongly for the first 3-4 hours. Especially the durability is unbeatable, I can still smell it clearly after 12 hours on clothes as well as skin and hair, it projects all day long when moving.
Accordingly, I would definitely not describe him as a light summer freshie. Nevertheless, Tom Ford manages to create a fragrance of summery light-heartedness that stands out from others of its kind through its sophistication. Absolutely noble, creamy and elegant. By the way, I also wear it in other seasons, because I find it very changeable.
Although Soleil Blanc is declared unisex, I find it clearly feminine.

After all this rapture now two negative points:
- Although I find the bottle to be really successful and luxurious, I find it absurd that the name of the fragrance is printed on a sticker (which in my case is also stuck on at an angle). My sticker is also slowly peeling off. The cap has a metal plate with a perforated TF logo on the top, so the question is: Wouldn't that have been possible on the bottle itself? In view of the not favourable price this looks unfortunately a little bit cheap and unattractive.
- In addition, I have the feeling that the scent is "tilted" extremely quickly. Sure, meanwhile I have it for 3 years and that can happen, but the colour of the juice became dark yellow (before transparent) already half a year after the purchase. In addition, it is hot immediately after spraying on, the citric top note has definitely changed and smells fermented.
Fortunately, the drydown is unchanged, so after about 15 minutes I can't see any difference from before. So I will continue to wear it, but I have read more and more about this phenomenon in reviews about the fragrance. So I'm probably not the only one who has had this experience. I don't seem to have this discovery despite it being disappointing, I have much older fragrances and nothing like this has ever happened to me before. Of course it could always have been a Monday product who knows...

All in all one of my favourite rediscoveries in my own collection, which will surely be published more often again.
Not for me
Had me a bottling ersoukt because I am always looking for a good smelling fragrance and I found the description of the fragrance interesting
If you have been on the hunchback for a few years and have already owned a lot of fragrances, it becomes more and more difficult to find something beautiful (at least that's my experience)

After the spraying it was first of all stinging and iwie so not pleasant at all. I could not recognize bergamot. After a while a sunscreen scent came through...but not tasty, but synthetic and slightly bitter. Very strange
After about 3 hours the smell was hardly noticeable. In this case I must say: luckily ;)
Summer pure
I associate with Soleil Blanc the Caribbean, islands in the middle of nowhere, but still beautiful.

The smell:
The bottle color white is definitely a very well chosen color. What I can't understand is why the fragrances don't mention anything about a coconut. For me, there's a good portion of it here. But according to other comments, the Seychelles palm seems to be responsible for this, which gives it that coconut-laden touch.

The fragrance contains only flowers in the heart note, but I find it quite wearable for men & women.

The sillage & durability of this fragrance is absolutely within limits for a summer scent. Nevertheless, it could have a little more power for me and I would like it to radiate a few hours longer.

A little tip from me, for whom Soleil Blanc is still too feminine: layered with Tuscan Leather it is even more masculine.

Ah Tom Ford - a love-hate relationship
Tom Ford Private Line is one of those things for me: Either I hate the fragrances or I love them. Unfortunately, they never last long (3-4 h), which is quite a thing at this price
Here I let myself be tempted and he moved in. When I only smell the bottle, I smell summer, vacation, sea, sun cream, freedom, tropics and especially Bali - because I only wore it during our vacation.

I mean, to smell the pistachio and the cocoa directly. Even coconut, although it's not inside. Then the flowers come through, always accompanied by benzoin and ambergris.

It is similar to Bleu Lazuli from Armani, but Soleil Blanc is much more tropical and creamy, more sunscreen.
Summer sun in a bottle
When I bought a sample of Tom Ford's Soleil Blanc I was still sceptical. But when it arrived and I could smell the scent it was almost immediately clear to me, I have a
new fragrance that is one of my favorites.
The fragrance is very summery, creamy and floral with a hint of coconut, even if it is not officially listed.
The fragrance is advertised as a unisex perfume, which is also correct, but I think there is a more feminine tendency to be perceived But still it remains wearable for men as well.
And for me the fragrance has become a great summer companion.
Also to mention is the great durability and sillage with me, considering the light fragrance.
Marilyn25
Luxury holiday in a bottle
So, actually I should work or study, but I am so distracted by the great scent of Soleil Blanc that I can't help but write a comment. Tom Ford is to blame! :D

Yesterday I got hold of a generous filling in the department store for a detailed test. The benefactor was a friendly salesman from the Dior stand whom I asked about Dolce&Gabanna Dolce Garden, which is said to smell of coconut and flowers. Since they didn't have Dolce Garden, he let me sniff Soleil Blanc. It smelled extremely pleasant and well-formed on the paper strip. The price tag made me swallow, though. $325 for the full size (100 ml). The salesman winked and said that there was also a travel size (10 ml) for $60, and asked if I wanted to have a bottling.

And so it is that I am now enveloped in the enchanting scent of Soleil Blanc, and can't really concentrate on my work at all because I have to snort my wrist again and again. In the beginning it smelled beautifully of lemon cream, flowers and coconut, simply delicious. After a few minutes the lemon cream smell disappeared and I am now wrapped in a veil of radiant flowers and coconut. I clearly smell Ylang-Ylang, similar to the Ylang-Ylang shower gel with real essential oil of Palmolive. However, Ylang-Ylang does not stand out monolithically, but is nicely interwoven with the other components. Fortunately, jasmine and tuberose are not sultry, but just enough to give the fragrance a certain weight. Add to that a note like white chocolate. I wonder if that's the tonka bean And the delicious coconut note simply makes me think of luxury holidays. I am at Waikiki Beach...Turquoise sea and white beach...The sound of the sea and bright sunshine...Prada bikini and sunscreen... I sit under a parasol at the sea and enjoy the idyll while sipping coconut water...I think many people have written about the beach and holidays here and I feel exactly the same way.

This fragrance exudes luxury. Very bold and offensive. Yet he remains charming, with a wink of the eye. Designer clothing with a logo, but without looking nouveau riche and chic, like these Gucci belts with the huge logo buckles, of which there are many fakes in circulation... I am thinking more of a classic quilted black Chanel handbag with the two stylish interwoven Cs. Prestige and status with a certain style. The Sillage is surprisingly soft and gentle for a Tom Ford fragrance (just think of the Sillage monster Tobacco Vanilla), but the scent is very well perceived. And to the durability: I have been wearing the fragrance for 5 hours now and it has faded a little bit, but still radiates well.

To the unisex topic: sorry men, but I can't imagine this scent on you. He smells too feminine for that
I really like this smell, and I'm fighting with myself. I like luxury, but more of the reserved kind. I am not a logo holder. I'm thinking Chanel No. 19 or Gris Dior. And I still have the bottling of Wisteria & Lavender by Jo Malone. Soleil Blanc or Wisteria & Lavender, that is the question here! This decision should not be easy for me.

I very much hope I have done justice to this fragrance with my commentary. Greetings and have a good week!
Tom & Me, Date 2
The fact that you and I went on a second date... or ICH in the first place.
Please - what was the black orchid doing for coffee on our first date on an early Sunday morning? Did you really think I was one of those?! Who likes withered, damp, moldy cemetery flowers? For real?!

I needed a break from you
But you showed that you can handle ladies like me - you didn't bring me the stars from the sky as an excuse, but directly gave me the white sun!

Wonderful holiday and summer feeling you bring now to our second date, your benzoin keeps itself fine, well-behaved! :-) But such a soft creaminess, this fusion of your heart nuances, finely underlined with tonka and your freshness very subtle with the bergamot - THANK YOU for this second date gift, Tom. THANK YOU!

Well, did that Mr. Ford charm me with his white sun after all. :-) The long-term test is ready to start.
Great scent!

DPArtistDPArtist 4 months ago
1st impressions: This is simply gorgeous. Leans more feminine to me but seeing as I'm single I'd wear it so I could still experience it! :D
KimJongKimJong 12 months ago
Soleil Blanc is not just the smell of coconut juice. Wear it and I'll be a coconut juice. The coconut juice my dog has not stole yet.

by Sweetsmell75
by Amylovesyou
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford