Tobacco Oud 2013

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford
Tobacco Oud is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with La Yuqawam pour Homme

Tobacco, Oud, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 27.10.2020.

This Life...
His name was Jackson, but most people call him Jax. He is a handsome man with long blond hair, blue eyes and of course brawn. No woman would push him off the edge of his bed. No one ever has. He's a heartthrob through and through
If you now think of a sonnyboy who gives surf lessons to the beautiful girls in LA, you are pretty much wrong, because Jax is the exact opposite, he is a rocker and member of one of the most famous motorcycle gangs.
His back is adorned with the gang's logo and a white shirt, casual jeans, simple sneakers and of course his beloved frock are all he wears. Even at his wedding he wore a simple "lumberjack" shirt.

Jax is by no means unkempt, but as befits a rocker, he does not smell of fabric softener.

Tobacco, the leather of his robe, a slight smell of sweat from the night before, alcohol and the sweetish perfumes of his wives with whom he had slept the night before still stick to him.

Now why tobacco oud? I don't know what it smells like.) Very simple: TO smells just incredibly masculine! I don't find the scent unisex at all, but that's just my opinion.
The light sweetness that is present here fits perfectly in combination with the tobacco. The oud doesn't smell like a farmhouse at all here, but spicy and aphrodisiacal.

It's just sexy and my boyfriend gets to wear it 24/7. Point.
Thanks Tom Ford ;)
Beware of the cigarettes
Badumts. This comment starts with an incredibly bad pun. Tom Ford probably chose the name "Tobacco Oud" because of the tobacco contained in cigarettes. Because cigarettes are called butts and butts is something that this scent is also very good at. But more about that. At first:

To the fragrance
The fragrance is relatively easy to describe, it contains comparatively few ingredients. Tobacco meets oud. By the way, the oud is a very expressive and original oud. Many oud combinations - even those made by Tom Ford - remove the oud in their creations so much from original oud that the sniffer of the creation cannot develop an idea how real and pure oud actually smells. Not so here. This oud is honest, clearly perceptible and does not hide its origin.

But the lion's share of the fragrance is due to the tobacco. It complements the oud perfectly. Under no circumstances does this tobacco want to be flavoured water pipe tobacco - as claimed in numerous marketing texts. But it does not remind one of dry, disdainful cigarette tobacco either. Rather, it is round and balanced and multi-layered, which reminds me most of cigar tobacco. Without me knowing much about tobacco other than water pipe tobacco. Anyway - the tobacco is very pleasing and harmonizes perfectly with the oud.

Patchouli and sandalwood I can't or won't smell out of this place.

For me, as some of my previous comments may have suggested, simplicity is the highest level of perfume perfection. I like oud smell, I like cigar smell. That's all it takes. That's why I like the normal Tobacco Oud better than the Intense version with much more fragrance. The standard scent will still be a combination that will be able to prevail in the deepest winter against the darkest cold - with a remarkable durability and projection.

To continue the introduction
I once received a 100ml bottle from a large and reputable online fragrance house, which came out of the sealed package already tilted and therefore had to be returned.
Tobacco Oud is the only non-intense fragrance in Tom Ford's oud collection that is not available in a 250ml bottle, even from Tom Ford direct sales. Although this was once possible and the fragrance is quite popular. Strange, isn't it? Asked about a possible connection with susceptibility to tipping, the lady at the Tom Ford counter in the Frankfurt flagship Douglas therefore nodded knowingly and smiled - without incriminating her employer Tom Ford Beauty with a wrong word. By the way, the ladies are employed directly by Tom Ford or Tom Ford's distributor, not at Douglas as expected.

Conclusion
All this puts me in a quandary because: I like the smell. I like it a lot. And would like to add it (again) to my collection. But every time I'm about to buy it, I'm afraid that this misery will happen to me again with a brand-new bottle and that the seller won't be accommodating this time. Or even worse, after a few months in the collection, if you could accuse me of just wanting my money back. That is such a pity. However, I'm sure that one day I'll be able to own a 50ml bottle of this great perfume and keep it only in the fridge.

Cheers
DavidBn
First impressions can be deceptive!
Well, I'll start at the beginning: when I smelled him for the first time on the tester strip in my trusted perfumery "Vollmar" in Bonn, I wanted to leave the shop screaming - that wasn't mine at all!

Well, anyway - I then applied the fragrance to my skin and went back to the perfumery a day later - with the firm conviction to buy the fragrance. Because the longer the fragrance was on my skin, the more I liked it. Today it is one of my favourite scents and I wouldn't want to miss it in my collection anymore!
About the fragrance: even though I don't find the idea terribly innovative, I liked the composition. The tobacco is slightly sweet (though not too sweet) and not too dirty in my eyes - more about that later. I also find that the scent at least on my skin - with all its ingredients - simply harmonizes well together. However, the scent is rather linear.

The performance is very good. Both the projection on my skin is very convincing, and the durability with often up to 14 hours (or more!) convinced me.

The reactions were mixed: some said I smelled like an ashtray, others found my scent a pleasant, warm, comforting masculine tobacco scent. So you should be aware of the fact that you can be offensive.

All in all, I learned to love him. In any case, this fragrance is nothing for a blind purchase, both because of the price Tom Ford is charging for his PB fragrances and because of the idiosyncratic scent. So my recommendation is to test the scent for a whole day and then decide whether it is something or not - the first impression can be deceptive, as so often!
Bastian
Tobacco Oud wants to go to the lounge
My first TF was Oud Wood and is still one of my favourite fragrances today.
I got curious about Tobacco Oud through the famous YouTuber. Here on Parfumo I read a lot and became even more curious. Then ordered 10 ml in the souk.
I think the tobacco oud composition is harmoniously balanced. I also clearly point out both of them Is it always wearable? Straight "no"! I think the scent tells us when it wants to be worn. It's the evening in the lounge or the classy bar. Cigars, whiskey, scotch, rum. Quiet conversation, enjoyment. . ..................................................................................................................................................................................................... A fragrance for seasoned men who know what they want or alpha animals who clearly point the way.
I (45 years old) would not recommend the fragrance to men under 30 years old. Does not come across as authentic.
Very present fragrance with good shelf life. A fragrance that you wear only for yourself. I like it, but like I said, only for the special moments
Sinairq
He who is praised in heaven.....
. . .he finds it hard to live up to the expectations that have been built up.
I came across Tom Ford and his fragrances at the beginning of my olfactory obsession rather by chance and was rather deterred by the huge price tag that goes with it.
Tobacco Oud, Oud Wood and Tobacco Vanilla were the most common candidates, but they kept coming back and being raved about over and over again.
Especially the TO was described very appealingly. Very masculine, a CEO fragrance, someone who makes decisions + the oud represented in the name in combination with tobacco ? Must be tested !

And what can I say, I'm kind of disappointed First of all I like the scent and it is really nice, but unfortunately it is miles behind what I expected.
Tobacco oud smells to me like my youth I had a buddy with whom I spent quite a lot of time and as luck would have it, his grandfather who lived next door had his own "party cellar" with all the trimmings.
A bulging filled Spitiruosen shelf, Edele cigars, a house bar + counter, a gambling machine and a dartboard. The interior beautiful with old dark wood and everything ruined by a much too oversized Shisha in the middle of the room And that's roughly how TO smells to me, after this cellar, which is often overheated in winter After some warmth. In the top note somehow a little bit of schnapps, like the bar into which over the years something has seeped out of the bottle or glass from time to time.
Only quite far away woody. Throughout somehow sweetish, resinous, creamy and reminiscent of old, not quite dry tobacco. More like shisha tobacco with a little bit of molasses poured over it.
A place where you could spend a lot of time and just decelerate.
Long relaxed evenings with the boys, simply a pub/men's club feeling.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------br />
All in all, Tobacco Oud doesn't come across as "extremely masculine" or "hard" to me No alpha male who has to distinguish himself, no cool calculating tough CEO, no young hotspur.

TO does not want to be any of them. He is the well-to-do somewhat aging gentleman who spends his time in upscale bars. The guy who already has his flock on dry land and can now enjoy his old age without fear or existential anxiety.
The fragrance radiates something, no question about it.
But it is mMn far less polarizing than it is represented.
Also loud or blatantly obtrusive, I find it absolutely not, durability / projection and Sillage are in the good range, but if I compare it with a Black Phantom of Kilian who, with 1-2 splashes, projects all the pub visitors away from me to the door so that I have the room for myself alone, the TF TO falls by the wayside. So very well suited for everyday use in my eyes, only whether you want to smell like this in the office or in customer contact ... well.

A fragrance with a few rough edges that the Intense version smoothes out, but still knows how to please.
I had hoped for a "more blatant board" with the celebrity tobacco and oud title, but I am still convinced that it is worthwhile for almost every man to buy one.
Just to let your mind wander a little in the quiet hours with a glass, an open fire, a book or whatever you prefer to relax.
Chizza
The oud is for cigarettes
First of all: I won't write a novel but I would like to say a few words because I really appreciate this fragrance and this was my first Tom Ford fragrance. Today, as a friend of leather scents, it is sometimes forgotten.

I knew Oud had always been my case, but I didn't even notice that somehow after a few minutes I went to get cigarettes and never came back. Anyway, the tobacco smells pleasant, not too intrusive sweet. If we take Tobacco Reserve from Aramis as a comparison, the latter is actually sweet. Tom Ford has taken the sweetness away from him, at least partly. The tobacco "breathes" through the sandalwood. Exciting, although not a particularly innovative scent. Tobacco Oud shines rather through its very coherent overall picture and as often with TF through its performance. 12 hours are not uncommon on my skin and the perfume still sends scent clouds towards my nose. At the same time, the fragrance is not so strong, even for those who find such ingredients so off-putting, that it would be unwearable in the office.

Everything well dosed, everything appropriately staged. I'm not a TF-fanboy but in terms of price this is also ok if I look at the same price segment but much more half-baked ideas and lousy performances.
Warming masculinity
Hello everyone, I am new at Parfumo, am happy to be part of it and have once one of my fragrances to comment rausgesucht.
When I sprayed Tobacco Oud on my wrist for the first time, I immediately thought no, this won't be my fragrance! At this time it has a rather old and musty smell which I did not like at all.
I didn't think about it further because I had a business appointment and was late During the car ride I sniffed my wrist again and I liked it better and I thought to wait and see.
After the appointment, now with a clear head, I dealt more intensively with the fragrance and came to the conclusion that it is great! I've got to have it! (-:

Occasionally I like to smoke a good cigar, love the smell of smoke.
Tobacco Oud has a spicy tobacco note which is not too bad, though I also smell a strong resinous note which reminds me more of incense than oud. I only take oud at the beginning, otherwise it was hardly at all.
The whole thing is accompanied by a slightly woody note.
Through this composition, this is a very masculine fragrance which is simply great!

Especially because of the resinous note, I liked it very much at Christmas time.
Just fits together well.
Generally the scent warms you up when it's really cold Otherwise I like to wear it in the evening when I go for a drink with my buddies
Durability is super!
The scent is constantly present and is also easily perceived by itself! Lasts 10 hours without any problems and cannot be shaken off by a short shower.
The scent does not come out of the clothes until the next wash cycle.
Sillage is also well perceived by others.

The fragrance is definitely not suitable for everyone.
Many may like it but just as many will not be enthusiastic about it.
Just a matter of taste, but that's just as well

Tobacco Goud
Been a long time coming with this review. Private blend releases ever since the original launch in 2007 have been a bit hit and miss for me, particularly in the last couple of years. I hope you enjoy the review, thanks for watching.

The self-confident Alpha loner
After I had fallen for OL16 from Tom Ford, Tuscan Heather and also Oud Wood, I decided after a lot of research that I'm not willing to spend so much money on perfumes anymore.
Alternatives like Rasasi LaYuqawam have shown me that you can have great scents for half the money.

But my common sense didn't expect me to discover Tobacco Oud.
And all this at an unbeatable price. I couldn't help it, I had to have him, because this scent, as much as it scared me off on the sample paper, so much I fell in love with him on my skin.

A fragrance that I don't need to describe further, that was described here in detail by other colleagues.
Yes, it smells like tobacco, yes he smells a little (at first). Yes, Oud is weakly represented, yes, Amber is heard and the whisky strongly at the beginning.
DEN. I WANTED TO. I AM. HAVE.

This scent is not an "I want to please everybody" scent.
No. You have to wear this fragrance with confidence. With a good portion of "I don't give a F*ck".
Either the environment will love the scent on you, or hate it.
And no matter which variant it will be, you shouldn't care what others think about the scent.
Yeah, that's the kind of attitude you need for Tobacco Oud.
A scent like a real man, like from a textbook. Almost for a clichéd man.
None of these soft rinsed Sunnyboys with full body hair removal.
For this fragrance one needs the certain Sprezzatura. Self-confidence 11/10 is definitely a prerequisite.
TO is for a man sitting in a suit smoking cigar and drinking whisky in a lounge.
Or one of those on his new Harley to the WallStreet drives up with black Saint Laurent leather jacket.
A CEO scent like here some write. Yes. But no ordinary CEO. No CEO in professional life. A CEO in private life. A leader who radiates this Alpha leader. Just an alpha loner who can't be influenced by the opinions of others.
But not for the classic show-off that wants to impress everyone and is always the focus of attention.

Such a scent is that, controversial, no everybody-pleaser.
But he doesn't want to be.
Dark, dirty, smoky, controversial, just awesome.

One word: Powerful
Background story:
Tobacco oud was one of the first private collection scents that I tried from any designer. Back then, I was quite new to the niche world of fragrances and "Tom Ford" was one of those impotant names that I have heard about but where I haven't had any further knowledge about them. Anyway, I was browsing in the internet about TF scents that I was potentially going to like and this was at a time when Tobacco Oud was hyped by a few Youtubers. Anyway, I decided to give this one my first TF try whenever I am going to get the next chance.
In August 2018, I went to Hamburg, Germany. It was more than 30°C/86°F outside and I went to the TF counter at the "Alsterhaus" in Hamburg to try Tobacco Oud. I have have to be honest, I disliked the fragrance at this moment like I never disliked any scent before. To me it was too dry, ashy, smoky...just badly overwhelming (I am a non-smoking person). Fortunatly, I kept the sprayed card with me and went back to the hotel to go to the pool and refresh myself. Before I went to the pool, I left the card in my room. I came back to the room about 90mins later and while I was opening the door I noticed a really nice and comforting but still meaningful smell in the room (20°C inside). As I found out, it was coming from the card. The lesson I learned that day is: the perception of scents is incredibly depending on the environment and the ambient conditions, where you are smelling it.
In October 2018, I went to London, tried Tobacco Oud again a few times, felt more and more in love with it and finally bought it at the Heathrow airport.

Things about Tobacco Oud that come in my mind:
- strong, rich, dark, powerful, mature, purposeful
- very polarising, statement-maker
- headache inducing at too high temperatures, incredibly pleasant at cooler temperatures
- only for autumn nights or wintertime (less than 15°C/59°F)
- best at formal events or in suit-and-tie scenarios
- max. 5 sprays (usually 3-4 is enough), don't spray clothes it will stick there forever
- opposite of a blind buy, should be tested serveral times in cooler environment
- has to grow on you, its beauty lies in the sillage and the dry down (smell it from a distance (30cm) & 1h after being sprayed)

Scent:
- starts with very dry and smoky tobacco (first 30mins)
- oud is there but never an overly dominant note during the whole lifetime
- after 1h some boozy elements come through and the tobacco becomes less dry (this is where the scent really starts to shine

subjective rating: 9
It has grown on me to this high rating because for me this is one of those scents that have immediately the ability to enhance my confidence and make me feel: strong, rich, dark, powerful, mature, purposeful
objective rating: 7
I do think its a highly polarising scent especially if you are smelling it for the first time. I do see more people liking it than disliking it but I am pretty sure that ratings will be on both sides of the spectrum

Longevity:
- Stays on my skin for at least 12h

rating: 10/10 (1p / 1hour)

Sillage:
I do notice it lingering around me after 5h.

rating: 10/10 (1p / 30mins)

Bottle/Packaging:
Typical TF Private Blend bottle. Not bad but nothing special either for this high price.

rating: 6/10

HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Soft ambery wood with a fine alcoholic-fruity (plum) tobacco note. Maybe a bit too heavy, otherwise refined and wearable for many occasions.

by Jaromil
by Toreter
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford