Tobacco Oud 2013

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford
Tobacco Oud is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.
Scent goes well with La Yuqawam pour Homme

Tobacco, Oud, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 15.01.2021.

Advanced nose
This is one of those fragrances you may dislike the first time you smell, but later on - when you start understanding darker perfumes and your nose advances more and more - you all of a sudden love. That's what happened to me with Tom Ford Tobacco Oud.

Its a beautiful fragrance. It strikes the perfect balance of being slightly daring and yet very wearable. Its quite boozey to my nose. The wiskey note adds sweetness which takes the rough edges off the tobacco and the oud.

Sophisticated , classy, rich. It's a gentlemans fragrance but I believe that (strong) woman can pull this off.

Solid projection and longevity. Not beast mode in either, however it's what you expect a perfume should perform like. Projects for 6-8 hours and longevity on skin for about 10.
Sync and corrections by n17t01
Too bad that this fragrance is taken from us!
Because now that it is discontinued, it disappears from the market.
Too bad- because he is for me personally the epitome of everything.
He is the CEO of fragrances, because he has a strong charisma and projects a certain dominance.
At the same time, he is also suitable for relaxed date nights.
In my eyes, he can just everything!
You have to want to wear him and so maybe also can.
For me, nothing comes close to him. Thus, I will probably have to get to know the successor "Intense".
The tobacco note is super pleasant for my taste and provides in combination with the Oud for a very luxurious harmony.
Dark and mysterious but still very concise.

I will miss Him...
Schallhoerer
Tobacco Oud and the militant non-smoker
I hate cigarettes. Never smoked one myself or taken a drag (always get suspicious for that info) and can't stand the smell of cold smoke. So it was inevitable that Tobacco Oud would eventually become one of my favorite scents.

I hate alcohol. Unlike cigarettes, of course, I have drunk it in the past. But I can't stand the stuff. That feeling when the alcohol gets into your head (it feels like I'm getting a fever), that feeling the next day after waking up, those are all indicators that I just don't like alcohol. I simply can't stand the crap. Since it was inevitable that Tobacco Oud eventually becomes one of my favorite fragrances.

The fragrance starts with a beguiling for me alcohol note (can that come from the oud?) which accompanies me over the complete period of the durability. This smells to me potentially like brandy (as you can see from the paragraph above but I have no idea when it comes to alcohol). I only smell the tobacco relatively faintly in the background in the opening. Very close to the skin, Tobacco Oud smells like ash to me. Directly on the skin, it really smells like you fell into an ashtray with the spot you applied the scent to.

In the drydown, the boozy note takes a step back and the smoke becomes stronger. However, it never smells as much like an ashtray in the sillage as it does directly on the skin. This mixture of the smoke, the alcoholic note and a somewhat woody undertone gives off such a soothing and warming aura that I can completely let myself go. I have rarely smelled a fragrance that soothes and calms me so much.

Tobacco Oud is one of those rare soul-soothing scents that completely envelops you in comfort after a stressful day, and thanks to which you can tune out everything around you.
Reagenz
This incredibly intense scent makes you happy...
When I was in Hamburg a long time ago in a big famous department store on the Alster, besieging the corner of the Tom Ford fragrances and took several sprayed fragrance strips to test, this fragrance always stayed in my nose. Again and again I was led by my nose to this one scent; there it was, the scent that never let me go. After three sleepless nights and the question whether I would like to add it to my collection, there was no doubt and I got the 100ml drone. The smell brings a steady smile in my face. As this scent is very intense, you should rather not wear it in the office, unless you want to polarize strongly. JF expresses as many compliments as dislikes to get this scent. I can sign this immediately. I have rarely had a fragrance that captivates me so much and I would not want to miss it. No blind purchase !!! Either hate or love :-)
Love-hate - but more love
Every time the scent causes a real conflict in me...but still I couldn't get past it and had to have it!

Especially the initial, already pungent smell of tobacco was what scared me off and which I still don't really like today. Therefore I always apply the perfume for at least 30 minutes before I leave my apartment. Afterwards, the wonderful mixture of the heart and base notes of this perfume comes through. The composition of amber, cedar wood and patchouli has a slightly sweetish effect on my skin, but at the same time earthy, tart and a restrained tobacco breath floats in the background
It is the fragrance I was most attracted to in my environment. Mostly positive, but there were also negative comments. It was noticeable that the male feedback was much more positive than the female feedback.

Give the fragrance a chance and don't be put off by the top note. I find just such fragrances exciting, which develop and show different facets - the perfume is fun!
This Life...
His name was Jackson, but most people call him Jax. He is a handsome man with long blond hair, blue eyes and of course brawn. No woman would push him off the edge of his bed. No one ever has. He's a heartthrob through and through
If you now think of a sonnyboy who gives surf lessons to the beautiful girls in LA, you are pretty much wrong, because Jax is the exact opposite, he is a rocker and member of one of the most famous motorcycle gangs.
His back is adorned with the gang's logo and a white shirt, casual jeans, simple sneakers and of course his beloved frock are all he wears. Even at his wedding he wore a simple "lumberjack" shirt.

Jax is by no means unkempt, but as befits a rocker, he does not smell of fabric softener.

Tobacco, the leather of his robe, a slight smell of sweat from the night before, alcohol and the sweetish perfumes of his wives with whom he had slept the night before still stick to him.

Now why tobacco oud? I don't know what it smells like.) Very simple: TO smells just incredibly masculine! I don't find the scent unisex at all, but that's just my opinion.
The light sweetness that is present here fits perfectly in combination with the tobacco. The oud doesn't smell like a farmhouse at all here, but spicy and aphrodisiacal.

It's just sexy and my boyfriend gets to wear it 24/7. Point.
Thanks Tom Ford ;)
Beware of the cigarettes
Badumts. This comment starts with an incredibly bad pun. Tom Ford probably chose the name "Tobacco Oud" because of the tobacco contained in cigarettes. Because cigarettes are called butts and butts is something that this scent is also very good at. But more about that. At first:

To the fragrance
The fragrance is relatively easy to describe, it contains comparatively few ingredients. Tobacco meets oud. By the way, the oud is a very expressive and original oud. Many oud combinations - even those made by Tom Ford - remove the oud in their creations so much from original oud that the sniffer of the creation cannot develop an idea how real and pure oud actually smells. Not so here. This oud is honest, clearly perceptible and does not hide its origin.

But the lion's share of the fragrance is due to the tobacco. It complements the oud perfectly. Under no circumstances does this tobacco want to be flavoured water pipe tobacco - as claimed in numerous marketing texts. But it does not remind one of dry, disdainful cigarette tobacco either. Rather, it is round and balanced and multi-layered, which reminds me most of cigar tobacco. Without me knowing much about tobacco other than water pipe tobacco. Anyway - the tobacco is very pleasing and harmonizes perfectly with the oud.

Patchouli and sandalwood I can't or won't smell out of this place.

For me, as some of my previous comments may have suggested, simplicity is the highest level of perfume perfection. I like oud smell, I like cigar smell. That's all it takes. That's why I like the normal Tobacco Oud better than the Intense version with much more fragrance. The standard scent will still be a combination that will be able to prevail in the deepest winter against the darkest cold - with a remarkable durability and projection.

To continue the introduction
I once received a 100ml bottle from a large and reputable online fragrance house, which came out of the sealed package already tilted and therefore had to be returned.
Tobacco Oud is the only non-intense fragrance in Tom Ford's oud collection that is not available in a 250ml bottle, even from Tom Ford direct sales. Although this was once possible and the fragrance is quite popular. Strange, isn't it? Asked about a possible connection with susceptibility to tipping, the lady at the Tom Ford counter in the Frankfurt flagship Douglas therefore nodded knowingly and smiled - without incriminating her employer Tom Ford Beauty with a wrong word. By the way, the ladies are employed directly by Tom Ford or Tom Ford's distributor, not at Douglas as expected.

Conclusion
All this puts me in a quandary because: I like the smell. I like it a lot. And would like to add it (again) to my collection. But every time I'm about to buy it, I'm afraid that this misery will happen to me again with a brand-new bottle and that the seller won't be accommodating this time. Or even worse, after a few months in the collection, if you could accuse me of just wanting my money back. That is such a pity. However, I'm sure that one day I'll be able to own a 50ml bottle of this great perfume and keep it only in the fridge.

Cheers
DavidBn
First impressions can be deceptive!
Well, I'll start at the beginning: when I smelled him for the first time on the tester strip in my trusted perfumery "Vollmar" in Bonn, I wanted to leave the shop screaming - that wasn't mine at all!

Well, anyway - I then applied the fragrance to my skin and went back to the perfumery a day later - with the firm conviction to buy the fragrance. Because the longer the fragrance was on my skin, the more I liked it. Today it is one of my favourite scents and I wouldn't want to miss it in my collection anymore!
About the fragrance: even though I don't find the idea terribly innovative, I liked the composition. The tobacco is slightly sweet (though not too sweet) and not too dirty in my eyes - more about that later. I also find that the scent at least on my skin - with all its ingredients - simply harmonizes well together. However, the scent is rather linear.

The performance is very good. Both the projection on my skin is very convincing, and the durability with often up to 14 hours (or more!) convinced me.

The reactions were mixed: some said I smelled like an ashtray, others found my scent a pleasant, warm, comforting masculine tobacco scent. So you should be aware of the fact that you can be offensive.

All in all, I learned to love him. In any case, this fragrance is nothing for a blind purchase, both because of the price Tom Ford is charging for his PB fragrances and because of the idiosyncratic scent. So my recommendation is to test the scent for a whole day and then decide whether it is something or not - the first impression can be deceptive, as so often!
Bastian
Tobacco Oud wants to go to the lounge
My first TF was Oud Wood and is still one of my favourite fragrances today.
I got curious about Tobacco Oud through the famous YouTuber. Here on Parfumo I read a lot and became even more curious. Then ordered 10 ml in the souk.
I think the tobacco oud composition is harmoniously balanced. I also clearly point out both of them Is it always wearable? Straight "no"! I think the scent tells us when it wants to be worn. It's the evening in the lounge or the classy bar. Cigars, whiskey, scotch, rum. Quiet conversation, enjoyment. . ..................................................................................................................................................................................................... A fragrance for seasoned men who know what they want or alpha animals who clearly point the way.
I (45 years old) would not recommend the fragrance to men under 30 years old. Does not come across as authentic.
Very present fragrance with good shelf life. A fragrance that you wear only for yourself. I like it, but like I said, only for the special moments
Sinairq
He who is praised in heaven.....
. . .he finds it hard to live up to the expectations that have been built up.
I came across Tom Ford and his fragrances at the beginning of my olfactory obsession rather by chance and was rather deterred by the huge price tag that goes with it.
Tobacco Oud, Oud Wood and Tobacco Vanilla were the most common candidates, but they kept coming back and being raved about over and over again.
Especially the TO was described very appealingly. Very masculine, a CEO fragrance, someone who makes decisions + the oud represented in the name in combination with tobacco ? Must be tested !

And what can I say, I'm kind of disappointed First of all I like the scent and it is really nice, but unfortunately it is miles behind what I expected.
Tobacco oud smells to me like my youth I had a buddy with whom I spent quite a lot of time and as luck would have it, his grandfather who lived next door had his own "party cellar" with all the trimmings.
A bulging filled Spitiruosen shelf, Edele cigars, a house bar + counter, a gambling machine and a dartboard. The interior beautiful with old dark wood and everything ruined by a much too oversized Shisha in the middle of the room And that's roughly how TO smells to me, after this cellar, which is often overheated in winter After some warmth. In the top note somehow a little bit of schnapps, like the bar into which over the years something has seeped out of the bottle or glass from time to time.
Only quite far away woody. Throughout somehow sweetish, resinous, creamy and reminiscent of old, not quite dry tobacco. More like shisha tobacco with a little bit of molasses poured over it.
A place where you could spend a lot of time and just decelerate.
Long relaxed evenings with the boys, simply a pub/men's club feeling.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------br />
All in all, Tobacco Oud doesn't come across as "extremely masculine" or "hard" to me No alpha male who has to distinguish himself, no cool calculating tough CEO, no young hotspur.

TO does not want to be any of them. He is the well-to-do somewhat aging gentleman who spends his time in upscale bars. The guy who already has his flock on dry land and can now enjoy his old age without fear or existential anxiety.
The fragrance radiates something, no question about it.
But it is mMn far less polarizing than it is represented.
Also loud or blatantly obtrusive, I find it absolutely not, durability / projection and Sillage are in the good range, but if I compare it with a Black Phantom of Kilian who, with 1-2 splashes, projects all the pub visitors away from me to the door so that I have the room for myself alone, the TF TO falls by the wayside. So very well suited for everyday use in my eyes, only whether you want to smell like this in the office or in customer contact ... well.

A fragrance with a few rough edges that the Intense version smoothes out, but still knows how to please.
I had hoped for a "more blatant board" with the celebrity tobacco and oud title, but I am still convinced that it is worthwhile for almost every man to buy one.
Just to let your mind wander a little in the quiet hours with a glass, an open fire, a book or whatever you prefer to relax.

HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Soft ambery wood with a fine alcoholic-fruity (plum) tobacco note. Maybe a bit too heavy, otherwise refined and wearable for many occasions.

by Bondaredwin
by SonyCrockett
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford