Tobacco Oud 2013

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford
Tobacco Oud is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.
Scent goes well with La Yuqawam pour Homme

TobaccoTobacco
OudOud
SandalwoodSandalwood
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 24.10.2021.

Bastiscent
At second sight there was a spark
To this fragrance there is the following backstory: For a long time I was drawn to the proximity of TF Oud Wood, which is immensely good but certainly now a kind of mainstream classic of TF is (albeit a very expensive).
At an airport terminal, I tried my way through the rest of TF's collection of oud scents, via Oud Minéral to that aforementioned TF Tobacco Oud. The Oud Minéral said to me very much, with Tobacco Oud I asked myself immediately, how one could wear such a thing probably ever.
Two weeks later, the return flight was due. This time at the other airport, but again there was the full TF collection. As I chatted a bit with the saleswoman, she reached for Tobacco Oud without much hesitation and before I knew it, my wrist was sprayed again.
Stupid, I thought - until I arrived home and took off my hoodie. The scent that now presented itself to me was so completely different from the one I still had in my memory, so that I had to re-smell several times.
I was presented with a sublime and special fragrance, which came along confidently but also gently. A fragrance that invites you to cuddle up. The oud comes here very warm, an equally warm and well-dosed tobacco note envelops the oud and places itself protectively before the animalic notes. This keeps the fragrance pleasing in sillage, but still possesses enough ego to stand out. Certainly, both positive and negative reactions can be found here; it polarizes. However, if a viewer has ventured close enough, it reveals itself with such attraction and warmth that I like it even better here than Oud Wood. Despite everything, the wearer needs enough self-confidence and the right clothes to do justice to this fragrance and to set it properly in scene.
While outside the damp autumn leaves under the shoes forms a slippery cushion and cold mist wraps itself around the warm breath air, this fragrance warms and gives the wearer a small, fine and soothing scent bell with, which comes along very close up comforting and protective. Who wants to smell this fragrance sample, necessarily spray on a cozy wool sweater or on the wool jacket and after some time stick the nose in. It's worth it.
A mystery in itself
I wonder when the fascination TOM FORD decreases with me but that's a whole other story. Exercised this morning and thus showered afterwards. I put on the fragrance and I am irritated? Something that has never happened to me with a perfume comes up for the first time... from far away it smells sweet, indescribable. Up close, the name says it all, reminding me strongly of incense. Can understand if HE is not celebrated by the masses. He has conquered my heart!

Best Tom Ford
Very masculine and interesting scent. That whiskey opening with that ashy tobacco does it for me. Lasts a long time and projects good. Best Tom Ford in my opinion.
A completely distorted picture
When I started looking for alternatives to the other mainstreamers a good two years ago, I came across Tom Ford's Tobacco Oud relatively quickly. The subject of oud was still a mystery to me at the time anyway and tobacco sounded incredibly interesting - it must be said that I was still quite green behind the ears as far as fragrances were concerned. The result of the fascination of the mentioned note, coupled with the statements of relevant Youtuber and forum entries was finally that a completely wrong picture of TF TO emerged in my head. Skunky, bad boy, savage, mysterious, alpha male fragrance and so on and so forth. As should be obvious to everyone now of course, the disappointment of the first sniff was now all the greater. My first associations were in the area of cold ashes and indefinable mustiness. Disillusioned, I moved away. However, the subject did not let me go. On my second visit to the perfumery, the image of the fragrance was miraculously redrawn. This time I detected warm notes of deep dark tobacco and a hint of gingerbread spice. Later on, damp earth and stained wood joined in. After quite a bit of sniffing, I decided to take a sample home and test it again at my leisure. At the next opportunity to go out, I applied the scent extensively and was curious to see how it would develop that evening. But also here was in terms of durability and sillage disappointment - probably not a Beastmode fragrance. The fragrance composition said me meanwhile, but did not knock me off the stool, as always imagined. So the filling disappeared for a long time in a drawer.

Today and after quite a few reference fragrances, I can say without remorse that TF TO is a really great fragrance, which sets its focus on a beautiful implementation of aromatic pipe tobacco. Accompanied by a few spices, woods and a touch of patchouli, it results for me in a warm, cozy and, above all, sedate fragrance, without hecticness in its composition. Thus, it corresponds to me none of the above associations, but shows itself as a dignified fragrance with a great deal of class, without being outrageously loud.

On the debate whether and how much oud is contained here, I will not go - that should deal with testing laboratories. I get some soft woods, which give the tobacco the perfect foundation. Durability and sillage adapt to the character trait of the fragrance and can best be described as dignified.

All in all, a beautiful compositions, which could not unfairly live up to its reputation. I hope for a revival, which may be more intense for me.
Tom, Ford with you
Tobacco Oud was the revelation of the year for me in 2017.

Dark tobacco, earthy sweetness, kind of goth while also being suitably so. Endless compliments, although I thought he was too weird. 2017 even for the price still with 20h sillage and 3 days longevity.

Out of retro love 2021 ordered one of the last bottles and it came true what many on the Internet had already mentioned: only thin. A touch of the idea that he was once in 2017. 2h shelf life with 4 sprays. Hardly base and smells like a beginner had to make a dupe in 20min.

And probably off the market soon, just like my other love of Tom Ford, Patchouli Absolu. Then I guess we'll part ways and I'll have to look to DUA....

James Bond
with Tobacco Oud I associate Daniel Craigs James Bond, because he embodies the perfect mix of swashbuckling character type with class and a penchant for high quality alcoholic beverages.
Smoother Scottish Wiskey and some smokiness from the gunfights... a date with a sexy Bond girl in a light dimmed atmospheric bar. That's Tobacco Oud for me
Waiting for drydown...
Tobacco oud is certainly one of the most polarizing fragrances. I think that is hptsl. at the top note. The can actually be a bit pungent - as just real tobacco now times partly smells. Much more pleasant after half an hour and a dream after an hour. I smell then especially a very mild tobacco and wood. For me then also everything very creamy and gentle. Many compliments will probably but still not get for the fragrance, if that should be important to someone. The durability is good, but there are certainly winter fragrances with better durability. In my ranking for winter fragrances nevertheless place 1:
1. Tobacco Oud
2. Tuscan Leather
3. Herod
4. Oud wood intense
5. Oud wood
6. M Puredistance
7. Tobacco oud intense

MirzAsim
One of the BEST fragrances EVER...
Tom Ford Tobacco Oud… As, over time, this has grown to be one of my favorite fragrances.

The whisky opening of Tobacco Oud is not pleasant to my nose, or the nose of anyone who has smelled it on me. So I apply the fragrance a good half hour before I need to be around people.

But the dry down, and far dry down… That’s where the magic is for Tobacco Oud.

Note: This is not a fragrance meant to be smelled directly, with your nose on your skin. There, it does smell like an ashtray.

Give your nose more than six inches, and the tobacco smell fades away to something very soft and comforting.

Projection & Sillage is not exactly Beast Mode. Being a little over arm's length for the first two hours, then it sits a little closer to the skin. Only becoming a skin scent after about 8 hours.

But, longevity is defiantly Beast Mode.

On my skin, It last at least 8-9 plus hours. I have sprayed it on after my evening shower (9 pm), and gotten whiffs of it off my chest the next morning (10 am) working out. And it lasts forever on clothes.

Altogether… I am addicted to Tobacco Oud.
I needed some time
Had me ordered a sample, because I have already tested many TF fragrances and am already a fan. After the first splash I thought only boah no that does not go. Me the tobacco has blown away at the beginning. But after some time I noticed that it becomes more pleasant. After 2-3 days of testing, I must say that I love the smell. I don't smell the tobacco as strong anymore and have only heard good things so far. Definitely one of the best TF fragrances.
Musty Leaker
"Tobacco Vanilla" and "Oud Wood" are certainly at the top of the sales charts for the Tom Ford house. Then as now. Still, forever. In the hearts of many fragrance fans, too. Bestsellers for years and co-initiators of the "Private Collection" hype. Ancestors of success and modern perfume classics, you could almost say. So why not combine the two cash cows! That's what they thought in 2013, when "Tobacco Oud" was created - pretty much on the Oud-Zenit, when this had arrived even in the mainstream unmistakable...

And basically, the greedy math works out, too. "Tobacco Oud" is a classy muffin, a smoky-creamy mix of ashtray and eaglewood. Pretty much the middle of the two aforementioned trailblazers. Very jammy, very gritty, very shisha bar for the upper teens. Strong, hearty, gritty, good. And yet, the very big wow effect doesn't want to happen for me anymore. A high rating must be. There's no beating around the bush. I would wear it in autumn/winter with a leather jacket and a 10-day beard very gladly and confidently. However, the milestone like its two brothers it is not in my opinion. It's perhaps just too calculated and simplistic for that. A smoky loner and alpha wolf he is, however, despite my (perhaps somewhat exaggerated prophecies of doom?) Nevertheless.

Flacon: iconic TF minimalism
Sillage: juicy, ashy and potent in space
Longevity: double digits, easy. 11 hours

Verdict: Plus and plus equals.... Plus minus. Actually, Tom Ford delivers here what you would expect or even hope for. It is a super fragrance. And yet it lacks thereby of course enormously surprise and creativity. And likewise of quite large enthusiasm with me. I'd rather reach for "Tobacco Vanilla" or "Oud Wood". Who needs a fusion of these two sizes - why not?! Therefore, also a Fordler, whose setting does not trigger too big tear flows with me.

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Soft ambery wood with a fine alcoholic-fruity (plum) tobacco note. Maybe a bit too heavy, otherwise refined and wearable for many occasions.

Warmth in a cold winter city...
by VanAllan
by Splashfrag12
by DanielD
by DanielD

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford