Tobacco Oud 2013

Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford
Tobacco Oud is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.
Scent goes well with La Yuqawam pour Homme

Tobacco, Oud, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 03.06.2021.

A completely distorted picture
When I started looking for alternatives to the other mainstreamers a good two years ago, I came across Tom Ford's Tobacco Oud relatively quickly. The subject of oud was still a mystery to me at the time anyway and tobacco sounded incredibly interesting - it must be said that I was still quite green behind the ears as far as fragrances were concerned. The result of the fascination of the mentioned note, coupled with the statements of relevant Youtuber and forum entries was finally that a completely wrong picture of TF TO emerged in my head. Skunky, bad boy, savage, mysterious, alpha male fragrance and so on and so forth. As should be obvious to everyone now of course, the disappointment of the first sniff was now all the greater. My first associations were in the area of cold ashes and indefinable mustiness. Disillusioned, I moved away. However, the subject did not let me go. On my second visit to the perfumery, the image of the fragrance was miraculously redrawn. This time I detected warm notes of deep dark tobacco and a hint of gingerbread spice. Later on, damp earth and stained wood joined in. After quite a bit of sniffing, I decided to take a sample home and test it again at my leisure. At the next opportunity to go out, I applied the scent extensively and was curious to see how it would develop that evening. But also here was in terms of durability and sillage disappointment - probably not a Beastmode fragrance. The fragrance composition said me meanwhile, but did not knock me off the stool, as always imagined. So the filling disappeared for a long time in a drawer.

Today and after quite a few reference fragrances, I can say without remorse that TF TO is a really great fragrance, which sets its focus on a beautiful implementation of aromatic pipe tobacco. Accompanied by a few spices, woods and a touch of patchouli, it results for me in a warm, cozy and, above all, sedate fragrance, without hecticness in its composition. Thus, it corresponds to me none of the above associations, but shows itself as a dignified fragrance with a great deal of class, without being outrageously loud.

On the debate whether and how much oud is contained here, I will not go - that should deal with testing laboratories. I get some soft woods, which give the tobacco the perfect foundation. Durability and sillage adapt to the character trait of the fragrance and can best be described as dignified.

All in all, a beautiful compositions, which could not unfairly live up to its reputation. I hope for a revival, which may be more intense for me.
Tom, Ford with you
Tobacco Oud was the revelation of the year for me in 2017.

Dark tobacco, earthy sweetness, kind of goth while also being suitably so. Endless compliments, although I thought he was too weird. 2017 even for the price still with 20h sillage and 3 days longevity.

Out of retro love 2021 ordered one of the last bottles and it came true what many on the Internet had already mentioned: only thin. A touch of the idea that he was once in 2017. 2h shelf life with 4 sprays. Hardly base and smells like a beginner had to make a dupe in 20min.

And probably off the market soon, just like my other love of Tom Ford, Patchouli Absolu. Then I guess we'll part ways and I'll have to look to DUA....

James Bond
with Tobacco Oud I associate Daniel Craigs James Bond, because he embodies the perfect mix of swashbuckling character type with class and a penchant for high quality alcoholic beverages.
Smoother Scottish Wiskey and some smokiness from the gunfights... a date with a sexy Bond girl in a light dimmed atmospheric bar. That's Tobacco Oud for me
Waiting for drydown...
Tobacco oud is certainly one of the most polarizing fragrances. I think that is hptsl. at the top note. The can actually be a bit pungent - as just real tobacco now times partly smells. Much more pleasant after half an hour and a dream after an hour. I smell then especially a very mild tobacco and wood. For me then also everything very creamy and gentle. Many compliments will probably but still not get for the fragrance, if that should be important to someone. The durability is good, but there are certainly winter fragrances with better durability. In my ranking for winter fragrances nevertheless place 1:
1. Tobacco Oud
2. Tuscan Leather
3. Herod
4. Oud wood intense
5. Oud wood
6. M Puredistance
7. Tobacco oud intense

MirzAsim
One of the BEST fragrances EVER...
Tom Ford Tobacco Oud… As, over time, this has grown to be one of my favorite fragrances.

The whisky opening of Tobacco Oud is not pleasant to my nose, or the nose of anyone who has smelled it on me. So I apply the fragrance a good half hour before I need to be around people.

But the dry down, and far dry down… That’s where the magic is for Tobacco Oud.

Note: This is not a fragrance meant to be smelled directly, with your nose on your skin. There, it does smell like an ashtray.

Give your nose more than six inches, and the tobacco smell fades away to something very soft and comforting.

Projection & Sillage is not exactly Beast Mode. Being a little over arm's length for the first two hours, then it sits a little closer to the skin. Only becoming a skin scent after about 8 hours.

But, longevity is defiantly Beast Mode.

On my skin, It last at least 8-9 plus hours. I have sprayed it on after my evening shower (9 pm), and gotten whiffs of it off my chest the next morning (10 am) working out. And it lasts forever on clothes.

Altogether… I am addicted to Tobacco Oud.
I needed some time
Had me ordered a sample, because I have already tested many TF fragrances and am already a fan. After the first splash I thought only boah no that does not go. Me the tobacco has blown away at the beginning. But after some time I noticed that it becomes more pleasant. After 2-3 days of testing, I must say that I love the smell. I don't smell the tobacco as strong anymore and have only heard good things so far. Definitely one of the best TF fragrances.
Musty Leaker
"Tobacco Vanilla" and "Oud Wood" are certainly at the top of the sales charts for the Tom Ford house. Then as now. Still, forever. In the hearts of many fragrance fans, too. Bestsellers for years and co-initiators of the "Private Collection" hype. Ancestors of success and modern perfume classics, you could almost say. So why not combine the two cash cows! That's what they thought in 2013, when "Tobacco Oud" was created - pretty much on the Oud-Zenit, when this had arrived even in the mainstream unmistakable...

And basically, the greedy math works out, too. "Tobacco Oud" is a classy muffin, a smoky-creamy mix of ashtray and eaglewood. Pretty much the middle of the two aforementioned trailblazers. Very jammy, very gritty, very shisha bar for the upper teens. Strong, hearty, gritty, good. And yet, the very big wow effect doesn't want to happen for me anymore. A high rating must be. There's no beating around the bush. I would wear it in autumn/winter with a leather jacket and a 10-day beard very gladly and confidently. However, the milestone like its two brothers it is not in my opinion. It's perhaps just too calculated and simplistic for that. A smoky loner and alpha wolf he is, however, despite my (perhaps somewhat exaggerated prophecies of doom?) Nevertheless.

Flacon: iconic TF minimalism
Sillage: juicy, ashy and potent in space
Longevity: double digits, easy. 11 hours

Verdict: Plus and plus equals.... Plus minus. Actually, Tom Ford delivers here what you would expect or even hope for. It is a super fragrance. And yet it lacks thereby of course enormously surprise and creativity. And likewise of quite large enthusiasm with me. I'd rather reach for "Tobacco Vanilla" or "Oud Wood". Who needs a fusion of these two sizes - why not?! Therefore, also a Fordler, whose setting does not trigger too big tear flows with me.
Tobacco Tobacco Oud
I smelled him the first time at a friend... who also said at the same time that he is set or will... have me from him a filling let him tested and me immediately a bottle ordered.
On my skin smells at close the really really good tobacco accord ... a little further away is the oud clearly more there in composition with the tobacco that a really smoky spicy experience ... which fits very well just to the cold time.
You have to like the düft ... many people say he smells like an "ashtray" what I see but not so ... because the oud is a good balance.

Advanced nose
This is one of those fragrances you may dislike the first time you smell, but later on - when you start understanding darker perfumes and your nose advances more and more - you all of a sudden love. That's what happened to me with Tom Ford Tobacco Oud.

Its a beautiful fragrance. It strikes the perfect balance of being slightly daring and yet very wearable. Its quite boozey to my nose. The wiskey note adds sweetness which takes the rough edges off the tobacco and the oud.

Sophisticated , classy, rich. It's a gentlemans fragrance but I believe that (strong) woman can pull this off.

Solid projection and longevity. Not beast mode in either, however it's what you expect a perfume should perform like. Projects for 6-8 hours and longevity on skin for about 10.

Sync and corrections by n17t01
Too bad that this fragrance is taken from us!
Because now that it is discontinued, it disappears from the market.
Too bad- because he is for me personally the epitome of everything.
He is the CEO of fragrances, because he has a strong charisma and projects a certain dominance.
At the same time, he is also suitable for relaxed date nights.
In my eyes, he can just everything!
You have to want to wear him and so maybe also can.
For me, nothing comes close to him. Thus, I will probably have to get to know the successor "Intense".
The tobacco note is super pleasant for my taste and provides in combination with the Oud for a very luxurious harmony.
Dark and mysterious but still very concise.

I will miss Him...

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Soft ambery wood with a fine alcoholic-fruity (plum) tobacco note. Maybe a bit too heavy, otherwise refined and wearable for many occasions.

Warmth in a cold winter city...
by VanAllan
by SonyCrockett
by Splashfrag12
by Splashfrag12

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford