Tobacco Vanille 2007Eau de Parfum

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 32 in Unisex Perfume
Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAromatic notes, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco, Tobacco flower, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesTree sap, Cocoa, Dried fruits, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.09.2020.

ChrisG86
My wife: You smell like mulled wine.
...Well, those are exactly the words you don't want to hear when you're torn by a perfume.

TF's perfumes provoke and polarize. But this is also desired. Every creation by TF has its own character, which makes the wearer something special. And not only in a positive sense.

While trying the TF perfumes my olfactory bulb stumbled over tobacco vanilla again and again. I wanted him to please me, but at the end of the day I was always undecided whether he was a candidate for me. Too pushy, too sweet, too special. Something was always bothering me. Many months later I reapplied it and suddenly it seemed as if I liked it after all. Had my sense of smell become tobacco-vanilised? Still not sure if it was for me, I had to change my mind. So it happened that one day I let another person sniff it: My wife's. I could always test the fragrance in a well-known fragrance house after work. I often stayed there.

On the way home - we worked in the same city - I held out my sprayed arm to my wife, excited like a little boy and full of pride: "You smell like an ashtray", were her words. Disillusionment set in. You want me to smell like an ashtray? Thank you for the image you conjured up in my head. Disappointed by my wife's reaction, I did not want to give up hope. Eventually, I, too, had changed my mind about the scent. A few weeks later I went back to the perfumery and tested TV again. Again I held my wife's arm out: "You smell like mulled wine". What? Now also mulled wine? The problem with that is that ever since then I always think I can actually smell mulled wine. I had never bought TV. Maybe because now I have these pictures of mulled wine and ashtrays in my head. 1-2 years passed. A few weeks ago I tried TV again. The lady in the perfumery sprayed TV generously (7-9 sprays) on my arm with a 100 ml bottle. I just thought that I couldn't get the stuff off my arm and it would eat through my arm. But it was bearable. Strangely bearable, despite the quantity. This time I loved the smell and I realized that I want to have it. There was no smell of an ashtray or mulled wine. The images in my head of mulled wine seemed to have disappeared. But it was something else that bothered me. The durability was frighteningly bad. After a good hour, TV could only be smelled up close. Could that be? The smell that is supposed to last forever? In 90% of all comments you can read that TV should have a very good durability. Finally, after all these years, I started to like the scent and now it won't last much longer? Did I just get a bad tester? You hear and read about reformulations from time to time. But could that be?
One thing is certain for me: I like the scent very much and I will test it again soon. After all, it is a potential candidate for purchase. And since it's my birthday soon and the golden donkey "family" wants to give in to his need again and give me a present on that day, it could actually end up in the shopping cart this time, as long as I'm not disappointed by the shelf life in the final test.

Only one question remains: What will I tell my wife when she asks me why I smell like mulled wine in October?

Peace!

PS: Was really excited while writing^^ My first commi. But was there with maximum effort.
DrGourmand
Even a fragrance likes to pass through the stomach!
What do you want? This question is present in each of us at least twice a year. While the Christmas season still seems a little far away, the birthday is in season all year round. My day of honour has now passed a few weeks ago and I too was asked in advance. Thank you, I don't need anything, I have everything, was not useful as an answer. Also the wish for a South Sea island or a lake property with cutter was smiled at. Rather in order to finally get some peace and quiet, I recommended to give myself "expensive" perfume, which I would surely hardly buy. Now there was peace and secretly I was looking forward to one or two fine new fragrances
Family celebrations are always a big thing with us, Christmas, Easter, Whitsun and of course the birthdays and not only the round ones. One of the most memorable holidays was the 10th birthday of my now deceased hunting dog Arco! Parents, grandparents, children and other invited guests, plus the full program with Power Point presentation, gifts and other surprises. Unforgotten in the family until today.

This time again full house despite Corona, but with all caution and plenty of testing in advance. Nice weather everywhere, children in the garden, conversations, stories, games and presents for me, the jubilarian. A long cherished perfume wish was fulfilled by my wife and another one by my two children. From them there was a bottle of Tobacco Vanilla from Tom Ford. In addition, and this was the real surprise, my daughter had made a "Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla Cake". It had the shape and colour of the bottle, even the golden label, and was a juicy, rich chocolate dream, enriched with a large number of ingredients that the fragrances say are intended for the perfume. The cake met with undivided approval, sold like hot cakes and was unanimously rated as very delicious. Even the word divine could be heard.

Of course, a little later after the scent and taste buds had recovered, the perfume Tobacco Vanilla had to be tested as well. A hodgepodge of opinions and impressions rushed into the round. "but it's strong / smells like Christmas / like spice cookies / no, definitely plum jam / that's clove and cinnamon / yes, of course, they are in the jam / mulled wine somehow / sweet it is also / nice and warm / flattering and spicy / like tobacco pipe / yes vanilla tobacco like in former times / in the kitchen quite nice / maybe when it's really cold / better outside / heavy clove and long / you have to like it / very dark and aromatic / in former times there was more tobacco / fine vanilla, no pudding / pleasantly sweet, fruit sweet / where do I wear it / not at all, it is mine / long intensive / noble / soft / also honey sweet / dominant / obtrusive / strong"

I try to order the guests' feelings about the perfume and to harmonize them with my own opinion. Nobody can avoid the immediately present, cinnamon carnation. It gives the anchor point of the fragrance from the beginning. With the volatilization of the alcohol, immediately hints of mulled wine appear, but they dry up very quickly into Christmas spice cookies, very spicy, strong and aromatic. Fruity, especially plum, also flashes out quite quickly. Very clear, striking and dense, like small and large bubbles on the still simmering must pot. When the must pot cools down, this sweet-aromatic plum jam note retreats to a clear background noise and forms the deliciously fragrant base with the remaining dried fruits, on which the other notes unfold well.

Tobacco is a long time in coming, perhaps because a big entrance in a perfume Tobacco Vanilla is expected? In the course of the first hour, dark, very aromatic and sweetish tobacco notes are released from the sink, very pleasant and not unlike flavoured pipe tobacco. Well perceivable, spicy, warm, very appealing and long lasting, but without further development and without own dominance. This is too little for the really big appearance and a pity. Whining on a high level yes, but tobacco goes better.

The vanilla appears even more cautiously, but clearly takes the lead towards the long end. Also dark, warm, pleasant and cosy, it softens the spiciness and introduces new aromatic facets. Sweetness is present from the beginning, becomes a bit stronger as the fragrance progresses, but is always appetizing, never stodgy, more like honey. Tree sap, tonka bean and cocoa do not form any identifiable scents and are very pleasantly absorbed by the aromatic notes and the sweetness.

Tobacco Vanilla is an excellent, strong, dense spicy scent with a dominant cinnamon clove, plummy musk, dark aromatic tobacco and dark vanilla accompanied by a dry, alluring fruit sweetness. The fragrance can last as long as 10 hours and is easy to wear with the appropriate careful dosage. Gladly in cooler times, preferably outside, but especially when you feel like it!

Remark: For "unbelievers" I have put amateurishly photographed photos of the cake and put a dog birthday picture in the album! Thanks to all readers! br />
The monster!
In the search for MY fragrance I have already tested a lot of fragrances, but as the saying goes .... "I have licked a lot of things - but nothing I liked so much".

During my search I always had the smell in my head that I must have saved over thirty years ago. My mother and I wanted to stop my father from smoking cigarettes and for Christmas we gave him a high-quality pipe with very good tobacco. That didn't help much, because after a few attempts he started smoking cigarettes again and the Christmas present was in the drawer. Not for long, because I took it with me into my children's room and converted the tobacco into a room scent. Wonderful smell of vanilla, tobacco, plum and healer world.

Now I knew that the basic scent must be tobacco. A lot of smells, mostly too sharp, too dry, one-dimensional, ....... and above all much too short-lived. Then the day before yesterday my Parfums de Marly Herod arrived, which I bought blindly following the descriptions in the forum. Most of the fragrances from my blind purchases could be found afterwards on ebay. But not Herod. So far great ........... BUT ...

Today came my sample Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla ........ and what should I write ......... a monster, a grenade, a nose bomb ..... an experience
Two hours ago, I sprayed a mini-spray on the back of my hand and the scent of ..... I have rarely been allowed to smell this intensity. But where was my tobacco? About thirty minutes went by, the clove was slowly disappearing and vanilla with a hint of tobacco appeared. Beautiful transition and good sillage. On my right wrist I wear Herod and have the direct comparison. Wonderful! An hour later the raised dried fruit appeared. This potency is impressive and not for the faint-hearted. This scent is present, potent and superficial and screams: Here I am! Love me, or hate me ... I don't care!

Conclusion: A fragrance that no collection should be without. Wonderful fragrance development, good sillage and (so far) very long-lasting and present. Places itself strikingly in the foreground and gives Herod hardly a chance to please. I think the perfect fragrance would be Herod with 30% Tobacco Vanilla, because Herod is clearly better at tobacco. Tobacco Vanilla can do the rest but fantastic and clearly stronger. Welcome to my world Mr. Ford!
rooibos vanilla tea
Tobacco Vanilla is heard again and again in the perfume world and so I had to test it I got a bottling at the souk and sprayed it on my wrist that very evening.
Two small sprayers and I thought I had fallen into a perfume barrel, and so did the room I was in. I was so overwhelmed that everything around me smelled of perfume that I couldn't tell what I smelled. What struck me right away, though, is that I know that smell from somewhere. My girlfriend and I then had a good time guessing what it was all about, because we both knew it. After the fifth time I put my wrist under her nose without being asked, she said something annoying that she thought it was like tea. And then I came up with what it reminds me of: rooibos vanilla tea! Maybe not 100% but the scent reminds me exactly of it. I don't know if I want to smell like a tea now. But I find the scent very pleasant to wear and can understand why people like it so much. You also don't have to wait for a scent - it doesn't come - it stays as it is.
Every winter anew
I can't imagine autumn or winter without this great fragrance. For me, it's like the presents under the Christmas tree. Fine spice composition with unbeatable silage and durability. The fragrance is for me rather on the male side

SpicyDice
Like a spicy sweet black tea
After the first spraying I just thought WOW, what a blast! I have a vanilla-flavored black tea that smells pretty much the same.

The first notes on the nose are clearly tobacco and vanilla with spices. A little later, more delicious cocoa joins in and, a little further away, dried fruit is added.

The fragrance is certainly not something for everyone, as it is very dominant and quite masculine. It is not as tobacco-heavy as some other tobacco scents, but it has its very own, rather soft tobacco character. Tom Ford has done with this what they did with the Oud Wood. Tom Ford brings a rather strict note in a more mass-suited garment onto the market. As I said not for everyone, but already more suitable for the masses than a pure tobacco scent
The performance and the Sillage. are really damn good and you can of course step on some people's feet with them, if the person opposite is not so into these notes
Basically a creative and good fragrance that fits wonderfully into the autumn or winter.
Telenik
Can you feel more comfortable?
Spices. Tobacco. Vanilla.

As soon as the cold season begins, I look forward to Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanilla. It's one of those scents that makes you feel like the perfect, whole world. Christmas with the family. You bake cookies together, laugh a lot, drink mulled wine together and the children play quietly in the corner with their presents. Sounds like Hollywood. Movies from the 60s when the world seemed to be still so fine. But isn't that great? Isn't that great? And I love diving into that world.

Thanks, Tom
"Spice Massacre"
Wow,
i am slain by a spice massacre... slightly dazed i stand there and wonder,
"how much longer do I have to put up with this" and then...slowly the shock subsides and it gets calmer
not gentle but more portable...
Then the vanilla is added and it becomes a pleasant fragrance that certainly does not go every day,
but on certain occasions gives his statement...
Forgive me!
The first time I tried you was in the Corona period. After weeks at home without excitement and special scents, I tried you as a sample. Wow, what an intensity, it almost makes my head spin when I smell... first impressions don't work at all! But something is what makes me curious and wants me to smell my arm again. What is it? If I see the comments here, does it fall to me a Christmas market (baked apple)?
After two hours I smell you again, I like you better... don't act so wildly... the sweetness comes through better and softer!
I don't know if I'm gonna get warm, but your durability is a sensation.
Bright sweet & spicy!
The purest olfactory Christmas market - The strongest fragrance here is in my opinion neither tobacco nor vanilla, but cloves. In the further course of the day you can easily smell the other two aromas. For me, as a fan of sweet, wintery scents, this is certainly a great fragrance. For many, however, it will most likely be too dominant and barbaric. Except for Christmas Eve, I can't think of a suitable occasion for this overpowering spice bomb

GreMuserGreMuser 15 days ago
I get a lot of vanilla and some sweet/syrupy cherry vibes in the background, honestly too sweet and totally unwearable for my tastes.
TombbbTombbb 87 days ago
On par with Pure Malt - so unwearable for me. Pure sugar. Choking. Reminds me of a cinabon. Smell?Good, as cookie. As a frag? Absolutely no
Dan81Dan81 123 days ago
1,2 punch of tobacco jab and a vanilla straight. Strong presence like Zino or Egoiste, but the contrasting scents makes it invigorating
SergioTSergioT 8 months ago
Dried tobacco with sweet vanilla and spices. More similarities with a wet ashtray, less with a hookah pipe. It's a pass for me.
SAQIBSAQIB 9 months ago
Smells expensive, Warm, cozy, sweet and a little spicy.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 14 months ago
A smoky unisex bomb: intense, warm, rich,intoxicating. Perfect in winter for its strong sillage and extraordinary longevity
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 16 months ago
The vanilla & tobacco try to dominant from each others to get the spotlight. On some occasion, the scent is either too sweet or too spicy.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 18 months ago
Danger of a cloying scent if over applied. It gets better in the drydown. Use - but don't abuse - only with cold weather. Not easy to wear.
Mike1337Mike1337 20 months ago
tobacco opening becomes sweet vanilla becomes tobacco and these 2 seem to alternate forever. not overhelmingly strong. very singled oout.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
One of the best things ever created. Can't get enough of this scent!

DrGourmands TomFordTobaccoVanilleTorte !
by CarlMacau
by Aolani
by Aolani
by Achilles
DrGourmands TomFordTobaccoVanilleTorte kurz nach dem Anschnitt !
by DrGourmand
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Gothic
by Gothic
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by SAQIB
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford