Tobacco Vanille (2007) Eau de Parfum

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesAromatic notes, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco, Tobacco leaf, Tobacco blossom, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesWood juice, Cocoa, Dry fruits, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.11.2018

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Love.
This scent means love to me.

When I spray it on, it is a little fresher at the beginning thanks to the tobacco plant and with every minute it becomes softer, warmer, embraces me and I feel safe and secure.

A typical winter scent. However, I wear it on all occasions. But when I close my eyes and think about it, I see myself snuggled up with my husband on the sofa, with a cosy cup of tea
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
True art ...
For some time now I have been looking at reviews about fragrances and somehow everyone was raving about "Tobacco Vanilla" ...
Now I was really long time on the search for a perfumery, which leads this smell .... there is here however in the periphery nowhere ....and the desperation, like also the curiosity rose !
My son had then sometime the thought flash a filling to order ( presumably he could not hear my Gejammer simply any more ) and this arrived now yesterday !
Already with the removal of the small Käppchems of the Phiole I could smell him and was soooo curious, how he probably on my skin would smell .... since he appeared to me in the first moment, nevertheless, male.

Sprayed on :

Spices ...cinnamon and clove probably...in any case strong.....then the tobacco comes through ....

My dad smoked a pipe when I was little...I had to think about that :)

... and then there comes the most beautiful vanilla through that I have ever smelled !
Smoky, seductive, deep vanilla ....that makes me sniff my wrist over and over again !

For me Tobacco Vanilla is pure art!
A masterpiece of a fragrance and I will buy it ....soon already, because he gives me so much and I have the fear, my tiny little vial is empty soon! O.o

In the beginning he is rather masculine for me, but no woman should be deterred by that...because in the further course of the fragrance he becomes unbelievably warm, soft, sensual, attractive and unisex!

The durability on my skin is extreme!
I was able to perceive it easily this morning before the shower !

The Sillage is just as remarkable ....and I have sprayed with my small bottling certainly not wildly around me :) ...yet he was always present !

THANKS, ALZD
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Christmas pipe magic or time travel into childhood
I'm actually a non-smoker, but with the smell is even passive smoking fun ;-)!
TV by TF, yes I can't leave the abbreviation alone, it sounds too good, is one of my fragrances that is so different. No flowering, no fruit alarms, no rose bushes, no almonds, no chocolates. Nevertheless, he seems to effortlessly join the illustrious crowd, without the use of elbows or edges. And while I'm writing the first lines here, my senses are slowly drifting towards foggy bliss.
The opening is clearly male in the first moment and very powerful. Aromatic spice mixture dips into tobacco, tobacco and tobacco again...tobacco taste so to speak. Luckily for me as a woman, the spices lose some of their pungent note and masculine touch through immersion. Don't misunderstand; on men's skin this station wagon is certainly breathtaking, but I don't want to smell it that way. Therefore I am relieved that the defusing is not long in coming. This is really about seconds. Then the fragrance becomes much more harmonious and soft. Nevertheless, you have to admit that you have to like something like that, because when the tobacco starts, it's the right thing to do. Somehow he seems like he's dipped in caramel syrup. Thick and tough, it runs down the tobacco leaves and drips almost thread-pulling onto the underlying wood. Resinous, sticky, sirupy, balsamic and infinitely delicious. For me the TV of TF, yes yes the abbreviations, long speech is short meaning, actually a molasses-like liquid, which smells stunningly after exactly three outstanding notes: tobacco, wood and even caramel. In the pyramid instead there are cocoa and vanilla, maybe the tobacco touch will give them that caramel-like touch for me. Anyway, my nose always sends me the same three pictures into my scented brain. I think this fragrance is best used in winter or cool autumn. In times when cuddling is the order of the day and moving together. Where one longs for warmth around the heart, as well as those of bodies to defy the cold. Carefully dosed, it unfolds a warm, soft feel-good zone, which you can easily turn into an absolute stoner's hut with exaggeration. Too much of it and you wish yourself to Siberia to escape the smell inferno! Here is definitely less simply more, gentleness is better than "solid druff" and modesty is rewarded with an incredibly long lasting and foggy addictive scent. Somehow he's a bit of a pipe smoker, too. As a child I often had the pleasure of attending an uncle's ritual with a pipe and tobacco. I was fascinated by his professional movements and always looked forward to what came afterwards. When the smell of the match was gone, it was there. This incredibly delicious smelling smoke from the tobacco mixture, also with this caramel note. That was already then a celebration for my little nose and particularly fine in the Christmas season. And there's this captivating scent from back then in the bottle too. Because of him, every day I wear him in the colder months is a little bit Christmas for me all the time...
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Majestic!
This perfume means happy days to me: Christmas, New Years Eve and special night outs. It has this dual personality. It can be a beast for the most polarising night outs, but it can also be a super cozy and a lovely indoors almost gourmand scent. It will project; It will make you get noticed; It will make you feel that you are inside a delicious bubble of cocoa and vanilla; It will stay on you for 12h+; It has this super addictive smell when you smell it too close; It can be a little challenging to wear the first few minutes even if it doesn't have any hardcore ingredients on it. 2 to 3 sprays will be more than enough. 5/10 sprays you will be choking everyone including yourself (been there - don't wear it if you are planning to be inside a car).

It's not an everyday perfume. It's tricky and complex. It's a night time only perfume for sure and in the winter you can almost wear it as a scarf.

I like to imagine a color for every perfume that I love. This one for some reason smells like purple to me. I don't know why. There's nothing purple in this fragrance but that initial pungent strike makes think of purple!
The tobacco is not a prominent note for me. I get more the cocoa or even a pure delicious melted chocolate vibe and the unique in your face rounded vanilla. Not sharp, smooth af*. The tobacco is there for sure, but somehow it makes believe that there's some smooth patchouli (not listed) in there that makes it almost chocolaty. Absolutely delicious blend. I wouldn't change a thing in this fragrance.

Although this is one of the most well known niche fragrances, I can't recommend it enough. Absolute masterpiece.
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
This is one of the best colognes on the planet...for me
So this cologne is a very polarizing one, you either love or hate it...and for those that hate it, the consensus is that most people are not fans of the incensy smell...and I can understand that....but there is so much more to this scent....its classy, sexy and sweet, so sweet that its actually a signature scent for some of my female friends....but who cares, this is a masterpiece.....performance is beastly on my skin.....I put this on at 9pm.....went out....came back home.....took a shower the next morning....and at 11am the next day, I could still smell this on me....this is more than just a cologne its a magical potion....but for $180-$230 is the price worth the hype? I suggest you try this out first for at least a week, you have to be able to justify the amount you spend on this...and this should be limited to Colder months...DO NOT WEAR THIS IN THE SUMMER......
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 4.0/10
Sweet, sweet, sweet tobacco
I know, this review puts me in a distinct minority, but I don't like such sweet perfumes, make me feel seasick...So great expectations because of the reviews but... Sorry guys but is my honest opinion.The sugar is overwhelming and mixed with tobacco... guess what? Overrated, overpriced perfume. Just test it before buy it.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Complex fragrance...
This one is not easy to describe as just "Tobacco" and "Vanilla", I find it much more complex than that. To me this opens up with a huge wave of honey. Honey and dried fruit, coupled with boozy vanilla, almost like vanilla extract. It's very much in gourmand territory, and I think people who like gourmands will like this one. It can also be quite sweet and medicinal, almost syrup-like, and that can be overwhelming (or even perhaps cloying) if sprayed too much. It is a high strength Eau de Parfum, and a little goes a long way (no more than a couple of sprays). In that respect, you won't need much of it and it's worth the price in many respects, as it does smell very well made and expensive. I can pick up some very faint tobacco, but to my nose it's overshadowed by the sweetness of the vanilla, tonka bean, and honeyed-fruits. In conclusion, I think it's worth the price for what you get. I think it can come across as masculine, but it's also wearable by a well dressed woman. I find it a little linear to begin with, but I do appreciate that it changes in the dry down and you can pick out individual notes. Overall a very very well done fragrance by Tom Ford. Try it first, but I think many will love it. Addictive stuff!
Bottle 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Tobacco, Vanille and Nirvana
I'm lounging in an Eames fine leather chair in front of a live fireplace. Crackling wood and flying embers. Lighting a Stadivarius Churchill, sipping on Legacy Rum. Flickering candle-fire from the Madagascan vanilla candles shift from wall to wall. An olive complected woman lies bare on a Persian carpet, picking fruit from a bowl.

Tobacco Vanille is so beautifully composed. Every note is an event, one melting into another like jazz. It holds a premeditated mood that you want to savor with each wear. Never too much tobacco, never too much vanilla. Just a perfect balance of many very sensual notes that play in harmony.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
The Vanilla/Tobacco Masterpiece
I make it short:

Tobacco and Vanilla well synchronised.
I would say like a warm Honeymilk on the first sniff.
Catching and hypnotising.
Huge positive projection.
Never to sweet nor cheap.
lasts up to 12 hours and Sillage is huge. A hotel lobby will notice you!
worth the money? For me every penny.

scent: 9/10

I am SOLD to it! Hands down Tom Ford/ Estee Lauder Group.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 10.0/10
Masterpiece!
That's a masterpiece.

A warm and comforting blend of honey and sweet tobacco, rounded by warm vanilla. Rather a linear scent, but very well blended.

It's unisex and has a great sillage, lasting power and projection.

Updated January 2014
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 2.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Simplistic And Overpriced, But Smells Great...
As many others have said, this fragrance smells exactly like the name... Tobacco and Vanilla. I have found it to have above average longevity on my skin, but below average silage. The scent is nice to be sure, but I think it is the association I made of it smelling just like a Las Vegas casino that really hooked me in (as I *love* Vegas). Nothing groundbreaking or complex here, just a great natural smelling 3.5 star out of 5 casino scent.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Voluptuous and Rich...Pipe Tobacco!
TOBACCO VANILLE is the fourth Tom Ford creation that I've had the pleasure of sniffing, and I see a governing aesthetic coming into view for this house. I would compare it, texture-wise to gourmet caramel. Thick, rich, relatively homogeneous, made of only a few simple yet very high quality ingredients with a great deal of heft--these are not lightweight frags. I'm not saying that Tom Ford produces caramelly perfumes in the sense of "foody" or gourmand. No, I'm saying that they share a common aesthetic of delicious voluptuousness. TF perfumes wear the way caramel rolls over the tongue.

Just as well-made caramel sauce is a pleasure not only for its taste, Tom Ford perfumes offer a similar combination of comfort and seduction. They are so directly sensual, particularly in the early stages, that I would not recommend them for office wear--possibly too much (though it would depend upon where one works...)

TOBACCO VANILLE opens slightly sweet and lusciously rich but dries down to a more and more masculine fresh pipe tobacco scent. I know this because it reminds me of my stepfather, who carries a pouch of pipe tobacco with him wherever he goes. (Little does he know that he smells like the drydown of a Tom Ford perfume!) Although I initially found TOBACCO VANILLE a touch on the feminine side, as the sweet vanilla subsided, ceding to a dominant tobacco drydown, the overall effect seemed quite a bit more masculine to me. More masculine, in fact, than Creed TABAROME and certainly less feminine than Trussardi JEANS--two other tobacco perfumes which I esteem.

The viscous rich caramel texture which I love in the opening of TOBACCO VANILLE makes me wish for more of the same, and since I prefer the opening to the lengthy drydown, I'm probably better off with the TF ORCHID and PATCHOULI perfumes... Like the other TF compositions I've tried, TOBACCO VANILLE has extraordinary longevity, but I do feel that it may be better suited for men.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
The sexiest tobacco of them all
Well, what can I possibly say to describe this amazing fragrance that hasn't already been said?

To me, Tobacco Vanille is sex in a bottle. This fragrance seems to be edible, however I wouldn't classify it as a gourmand.

I've grown up surrounded by the scent of tobacco, however I am never repulsed by it. The smokiness of the scent seems to be a comforting medium for me. When combined with the rich vanilla in this fragrance, the tobacco really takes on that soothing feel. It feels rather 'homey'.

The scent is very strong at first, very rich and tobacco-y. If you've ever smelt a packet of cigarettes you'll find that they have a slight raisin type smell. This certain smell has been emulated in Tobacco Vanille's opening.

The vanilla is sweet, yet not too sweet. This is certainly something that would smell amazing on both men and women, a true unisex fragrance.

Expensive, yet well worth the money spent. Tobacco Vanille has amazing sillage strength and lasting power. I'm talking in terms of days. Since this is the only fragrance from Tom Ford's line that I've tried, I am very interested in testing them all.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
TOBACCO VANILLE by Tom Ford
Tobacco Vanille is widely loved by many who are fragrance aficionados. There are probably just as many who hate it for its straight-up tobacco note. Regardless, Tobacco Vanille is masterfully blended and will probably go down in the annals of fragrance history.

Tobacco Vanille is a combination of three predominant notes. First and foremost is Tobacco. The tobacco note is clear, pure tobacco leaf, fresh and slightly spicy. This tobacco note conjures up visions of men swaddled in velvet smoking jackets, enjoying a pipe filled with fresh, aromatic tobacco and sipping a glass of brandy. Second is vanilla, smooth, warm and nutty. The vanilla creates a richly layered base note and complements the dry aromatic tobacco perfectly, slightly sweet and natural. Third is just a hint of opulently sweet, pure chocolate positioning itself in the background. This chocolate note even has a slightly fruity quality giving the it a broader dimension.

The remaining players in this creation help bind the three predominant main notes together making a cohesive statement. The tonka bean, which appears in the heart notes, supports the vanilla note with strong hints of cinnamon, clove and almond. This gives texture to the vanilla and balances its sweetness with a little bit of spice. The tobacco flower provides a slight floral note but also a bit of woodiness to the predominant tobacco note.

This is no masquerade, Tobacco Vanille is exactly what the name implies. It's a great fragrance for the fall and winter, perhaps even spring. You will probably not be comfortable with it in hot climates. You might find it a bit cloying, unless you're a tobacco farmer. Longevity and sillage on this fragrance is very good. Just like some of the other offerings in the Private Blend series, this fragrance can be detected even 12 hours later on the skin. Whatever you do, don't over-spray. This is a tobacco and vanilla monster, and moderation is required.

Hats off to the Tom Ford and the mystery nose behind this fragrance. Tobacco Vanille is definitely a masterpiece.

Syzygy73 167 days ago
This an old-fashioned scent, as if one is transported to a gentleman's club at the turn of the century. That said, I find it too cloying.+3
Lillibet 8 months ago
In an old-fashioned club drinking, smoking pipes, & here's the dessert, a rich xmas pudding full of dried fruit with a boozy vanilla sauce.+2
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 7.5
Giesta40 13 months ago
A tobacco candy... to much sugar for me. You can get diabetes just for smell it!+2
Bottle 7.0
Sillage 8.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 4.0
Cym 13 months ago
At first: gingerbread-scented candle. Then: a gerbil sitting in his cage full of wood shavings while nibbling a piece of gingerbread. Awful.+1
Lexa 24 months ago
Spiced tobacco and not the usual cake vanilla.Unisex even tho not all women could wear it.Cocoa feels pretty good.Aaaaand...CUT!+1
JoaoMartins 61 days ago
One of the best things ever created. Can't get enough of this scent!
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 10.0
Longevity 10.0
Scent 10.0
Pietros921 13 months ago
Good in humid cold weather fora night out or business occasion, this fragrance smells like money !

• by Elena00 by Elena00
  • by Peet by Peet
  • by Lexa by Lexa
  • by OKilicas by OKilicas

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Italian Cypress by Tom Ford Extreme (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford