Tobacco Vanille 2007Eau de Parfum

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 33 in Unisex Perfume
Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Wonderwood

Top Notes Top NotesAromatic notes, Spices
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco, Tobacco flower, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesTree sap, Cocoa, Dried fruits, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.02.2021.

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. (Mozart)

As any story of true genius, the one of vanilla is I nevitably linked to love… and death.The first to cultivate vanilla were the Totonac people, who inhabit the Mazantla Valley on the Gulf Coast of Mexico in the present-day state of Veracruz. According to Totonac mythology, the tropical orchid that vanilla is derived from was born when Princess Xanat, forbidden by her father to marry a mortal, fled to the forest with her lover. The lovers were captured and beheaded. Where their blood touched the ground, the vine of the tropical orchid grew.

Just as vanilla was born out of love and blood and passion, so Tom Ford’s most outstanding masterpiece must have been born out of a thrill of profound genius. It is excruciatingly difficult for me to just objectively jot down a review of something I adore as much as this fragrance. Thus, it will be inevitable for me to pour just as much love, adoration, lust, fantasy, life, death and infinite passion into my review of a scent I consider the ultimate masterpiece of all ages in perfumery. No, I am not being hyperbolic here. Actually, describing Tobacco Vanille makes me long for the existence of a new, elven language. I’d rather die than desacralize this fragrant gift of the gods.

In spite of the name and bottle suggesting an Edwardian setting of respectable prosperity, with a couple of gentlemen playing cards in the dim light of wrought iron tripods and huge chandeliers, Tobacco Vanille is nothing close to even the shade o respectability. It is outrageously seductive, angelically satanic, and innocently profound. Just as indescribable as love, this scent evades any possibility of categorization. The only label which would perfectly suit it is “addictive”. I really wonder how come this stuff does not fall under the incidence of prohibited substance laws. Once you’ve smelled it you’ll sell your soul for a bottle. If you’re brave enough – this is a pact worth signing in blood.

In old medicinal literature, vanilla is described as an aphrodisiac and a remedy for fevers. I so agree on the aphrodisiac part (a sniff of this essence is a fragrant orgasm) – but forget about the curing of fever – if anything, wearing this will be the ultimate feverish sensuality you’ve ever experienced. The smootheness of the rich and creamy vanilla, the slight, alluring smokiness of English tobacco… imagine floating in a sea of silk and cashmere, enveloped by the kisses of an invisible lover. A giant fountain of sweetness, opulence, richness and liquid gold, in midst of a fragrant Oriental garden. An Aztec princess’ temple of spice and fragrant incense, with an altar of abounding flowers and offerings, the air soaked in smoking vanilla ascending towards the merciless gods. Licking powdered sugar off your lover’s fingers in Nurnberg or Frankfurt. Strolling the Christkindlmarkt in Vienna the evening before Christmas, bathing in the scent of gingerbread, candied apples and roasted vanilla almonds. Never in my life have I experienced anything as divine and overwhelming as this. It simply rips yout heart out.

As compared to Lutens’ Un Bois Vanille, which is a dark, sultry, smoky, love-at-second-sight scent, Mr. Ford’s take on vanilla is much more subtle, softer, more delicate – though its seductiveness is infinitely greater than Lutens’. Tobacco Vanille appeals to the deeply rooted childhood reminiscenses we are often completely ignorant of – and just as we are usually attracted by full lips, big eyes and velvet skin (baby attributes) – so the essence of this fragrance is an unconscious scented trip back into the childhood we might not even have had. It is flirtatious innocence it transmits, glamorous playfulness, sweet sobriety, incandescent reverie, and mind-shattering love. This perfume is love absolue.

Where the blood of Princess Xanat and her lover fell, vanilla grew. Where a drop of Tobacco Vanille falls, kashaya is born.

100 points out of 10
Vogue2011
"You must have ordered a vanilla cocktail to smoke in here!"
Dark wood paneling on the walls
Thick, red carpet with paisley pattern
Pictures of race horses in gold frames on the walls
Bookcases set into the wall with ornate glass doors
Massive porcelain ashtrays on the round tables
Heavy, leather-covered armchairs around the tables
At the bar, a young man in a tight-fitting vest and black bow tie casually preparing drinks
Soft piano music blasting from speakers in the wood-paneled ceiling

To the humidor, pull out a good cigar, head to the bar, order a cocktail with plenty of vanilla flavors, take the drink to the table, light the cigar, take 1st sip at the vanilla cocktail, sit back and just enjoy the flavors.

Does it work with the scent imagination while reading the text? ;-)
Unbeatable
You was my first Tom Ford fragrance and a blind purchase at that, but it was worth it!

Your scent starts off a little strong that it's hard to smell you.
After about 5 minutes you show your best side. A warm, exciting and expensive vanilla - but in no way sweet. The vanilla is joined by a light smell of tobacco, chocolate and the tonka bean.
Longevity and stillness are stunning!
The perfume clears rooms - if not the whole house. With this scent, everyone will notice you and compliments are sure to come your way. (:
The perfume has awakened childhood memories with me, because my grandpa has always smoked vanilla cigars and they smelled almost the same.
The wrap-around finger winder
After I have tested Velvet Teddy, the cheaper counterpart to Tobacco Vanilla, I now also write a comment on this fragrance. I would like to take directly in advance: Tom Ford has really impressed me this time and I explain only too gladly why...

The first sniff:
Initial rushes me the bergamot, first of all no big surprise - you know. If you wait a few seconds, the tobacco makes itself noticeable. For the time being, I perceive him rather slightly, with the smoke character promptly more beguiling and gripping.
Course:
The fragrance becomes more and more creamy and creamy by the tonka-vanilla mixture, which is now also involved, so that after 15 minutes I have arrived at my very personal peak.
From now on, the perfume has me under its spell, I am hypnotized and at the same time I wish my skin would smell like this. The vanilla gives TV the warmth I need and the sweetness that enchants me. A little later, I discover the dry fruits that remind me of a delicious vanilla fruit tea. After half an hour, the notes are equal to each other and unite to a delicious tobacco perfume with an oriental-spicy touch.

Sillage and longevity are strong, however, I expect that from a Tom Ford.
Also read through my comment on Velvet Teddy, which is very similar to this one (though TV just smells more multifaceted and all in all rounder).

Love from my fragrance room :)
For me one of the most beautiful Tom Ford fragrances
It took me a little while to appreciate the scent. Among the Tom Ford fragrances I know, I find Tobacco Vanilla the best. The fragrance is sophisticated and certainly no Cloud Pleaser. But that's what makes it so special. You get what it says on the bottle. Tobacco and vanilla, but in a beautifully balanced composition. The vanilla is soft and warm. The tobacco is beautifully aromatic. Both scents nestle together. The vanilla is natural and not as overly synthetic as it is in many fragrances. For me, the scent definitely leans in a masculine direction. The fragrance gives me a lot of self-confidence. I feel unique with this fragrance. It has a slightly mysterious aura. Tobacco Vanilla is my top fragrance for going out!

The Delicious Reek Of Decadence
Thank goodness I've never smoked. But if I had this vice, I would have liked to smoke a pipe, or rather one of those steam electronic novelties, with a tobacco blend from the coasts of Turkey. The intricacies of Turkish tobacco offer more than a delicate taste a highly aromatic experience. Complemented with notes of caramel, vanilla and hints of chocolate, this sweet and salty tobacco provides a finish on the exhale like no other. When most folks think of the smell of tobacco, they deem of cigarette fumes or cigar tobacco. However, a real tobacco plant smells like neither of these. It describes an authentic tobacco plant fragrance as a fresh, citrus top with juniper berries and a vetiver's woodsy notes.

So anyway, it's fun, it's naughty, it's decadently sweet: Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille cologne undoubtedly smells gorgeous. It reveals itself with a creamy and spicy potpourri, a handful of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, a pinch of pepper, with a melted sweet and sour dried fruit. I observe a mellifluous spiciness similar to what I get at the opening from V&R Spicebomb and Bvlgari Man in Black, which doesn't mean they are the same, just share the same warmth, boozy, and comfy vibe. On my skin, it results precisely like a plum pudding, a sort of dark, blackened, moist-to-dry fruitcake that often is backed by a vanilla rum sauce. The similarity is so substantial, it's striking. The boozy opening is accompanied by dark pipe tobacco, cinnamon-like chocolate, and spices.

As the fruity and spicy accords fade, it exudes mouth-watering chocolate, along with tobacco blossoms. Vanilla is initially subdued, rough, dense and almost dirty, while the tobacco is wet, very moist, soft, like neither a cigarette nor a Cuban cigar. It is a sweet, light and fruity pipe tobacco and has no smoky and incense notes. Notes of dried fruit develop and intensify lovely tones but do not become prominent. The heart has tobacco flowers, I did not know them, and I asked: in the sunlight the flowers often lower and close their petals, and then open wide into bright white stars at nightfall, they have a jasmine-like scent that starts to snort sunset. I consider it essential to tell you that the perfume has rugged longevity but low projection and sillage. Therefore, a higher dosage does not increase its projection but results in a significantly stronger chocolate note. The greater the quantity sprinkled, the stronger and darker the chocolate. Chocolate's aroma is as light as cocoa powder, more like cinnamon-spiced dark chocolate with the proper use.

After the perfume has reached its complete drying, it can be outlined as a moderately protruding and delightful fragrance of blond tobacco, vanilla and tonka bean with delicate fruity, warm and woody notes. The smell is lively, semi-greedy, more masculine than feminine, adult, modern, natural, creamy, sticky, quite sweet, syrupy, warm and pleasant. This was a little surprise. Not at all hateful as many gourmand aromatics, the result reminds me of Peterson Virginia Irish Dew luxury pipe tobacco. This sumptuous blend of well seasoned Virginia and toasted Burley tobaccos with whiskey and fruit undertones in bloom. The sweet hint of vanilla and the hint of chocolate from the toasted Burley give this tobacco an exceptional finish. What vanilla character is there, I would say it must be real vanilla and not an extract or "vanilla". Chocolate isn't that obvious, but I'm sure it adds to the roundness of this tobacco.

It's sweet, spicy, and comfortable, thanks to tonka and vanilla notes, yet still manages to be formal, sophisticated, and luxurious. I love most about this perfume because of the olfactory association I have with this perfume: pipe tobacco. The smell is not that of a pipe smoker, Tobacco Vanille does not contain smoky notes, it does not have a too sour smell, but the smell of fresh and not yet burnt pipe tobacco, like when you put your nose inside the package. It evokes visions of a distinguished gentleman, masculinity and heritage.
That said, I received tons of compliments yesterday evening while attending a B-day party. It was freezing outside, and the scent assured me like a warm scarf. It gives it best in the winter season, for a cuddling lazy day at home, or mundane evening events and nights out.

-Elysium
Christmas....
For me one of the best Tom Ford I have ever smelled... already at the first smell at a friend was clear to me that I must have!
not long thought about and I ordered the same..
i personally find tobacco vanilla a very very successful fragrance that I only wear in the cold season ... every time wen I smell him he just reminds me of christmas by the very good tom ford vanilla in mixture with the tobacco a masterpiece!

sillage is breath-taking
Smoetn
Putting yourself in the right (right) light
Normally I don't like to write comments about very well-known fragrances, because I usually think that I can't contribute too much to the understanding of a fragrance. And what was not all written about Tobacco Vanilla...; which in and of itself does not seem surprising, he is but one of the most popular Tom Ford fragrances (next to Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood et al.).

But I have the feeling that in the comments so far too little on an aspect has been addressed, which I now want to pick up. But first, a little (pre)history.

Tobacco Vanilla has me actually only really catapulted into the "perfume game". Everything began with the fact that I still tried as a relative fragrance novice, different fragrances. Just like that...without thinking about anything...just to pass the time or because I needed a new scent... And then it happened; I sprayed on TV and it was all over me. I had never smelled anything like it! Such a bombastic power, such an intense fragrance had not yet come across me. For some this might be too much, e.g. for my wife, who turned up her nose in disgust. But for me it was clear - this is my fragrance, I must have it. However, I was put off by the price. So I agreed with my wife a compromise - if I still like the fragrance until my birthday (and she has become accustomed to the fragrance until then), she gives me him for my birthday.

Weeks and months went by and every time in stopped by the perfumery, I sprayed on the scent. It was as good as before (so there I stood now, poor fool).

Then I became aware of Parfumo through my brother; this then also got me a filling of TV in the souk. And so slowly I come to the pudel's core. Full of anticipation, I sprayed on the bottling and....nothing! It can't be! Two more sprays. Minimal scent. I went to my wife and asked. She also smelled it very faintly. Well, maybe we have now just too accustomed to the scent (my wife found him acceptable to good in the meantime).

Ok, at the next opportunity I wanted to ask the Gretchenfrage (no idea by the way, why I write here so many fist references ?) at a party and ask how the fragrance is received. If the response was positive, my decision regarding my birthday present should be final. No sooner said than done. At the party I asked a friend what he thought of the scent I had sprayed on him an hour ago. Which fragrance? He literally hung his nose on my neck, but assured me he didn't smell anything at all. What a disappointment...

Still, the scent wouldn't let me go and I wanted it badly. In the meantime, I stamped the filling also as "fake", I could not explain it to me otherwise also at all.

There he came now my birthday and with him Tobacco Vanilla. Sprayed again...waited...and...well. I will not say that I was disappointed, because I was prepared by the filling for the worst, so I have me but secretly hoped for more; namely on the experience of that time in the perfumery.

Now again some time has moved into the country and I can now look at the fragrance with some distance. The sillage is unfortunately really not worth mentioning, far from my first meeting with the fragrance. But also not quite as bad as the bottling. In the meantime, of course, I did a lot of research and the well-known Youtube greats seem to agree that the fragrance has been reformulated. This I can only confirm from my experience described above.

The fragrance is still the hammer and one of my favorite fragrances! Who likes gourmandig-sweet fragrance, will love this. The fragrance I must describe here also not at all closer, this was done by others here already extensively and very well. However, I can't get rid of the feeling that the fragrance is only a shadow of its former self. You can literally feel how it could perform stronger, but is held back by something. It just lacks that rich, full, powerful power that you would somehow automatically attribute to this fragrance. This is a great shame, as it also means something of the fragrance itself is missing, which made me reduce my rating from a 10 to a 9. As I said, the fragrance DNA is still top notch, but the sillage unfortunately has to be classified as poor. The durability, however, is good to very good, partly I perceive the fragrance even the next morning on my skin.

So what is my conclusion? Overall, still a very nice fragrance, but I wanted to draw attention with my comment mainly on the performance, speak Sillage, to avoid unpleasant surprises for one or the other. Those who love the fragrance DNA (as I do) may consider snapping this up, but should be aware of my comment. For everyone else, there are certainly better alternatives at this price that Tom Ford calls off.

Warmth during Covid-19
By now we have all come to the consensus that Tobacco Vanille is brilliant/mediocre/horrible (delete where appropriate).

For me this fragrance is very personal, which makes it difficult to write an objective review, as far as that is/should be possible.

I bought this fragrance of a friend who financially suffered very badly due to Covid-19. Buying this fragrance of him, gave him some well needed breathing space.

That situation made this perfume a precious piece of art for me to own, because is embodies a a good deed towards somebody in need.

We showed warmth towards each other during the Covid-19 challenges, the same way Tobacco Vanille does every time we apply it.

Fragrances should bring us together instead of dividing us due to difference in opinions.

This fragrance will forever have a special place in my heart.
Too much for me!
I really wanted to like the smell. Unfortunately, I feel it differently than I imagined it when I read the comments. Personally I smell little tobacco and also no clear vanilla out.
Rather a very dense abundance of different sweet pastry spices and a strong honey (?) note that I cannot tolerate. Nevertheless Tobacco Vanilla makes a very well done impression.

Bashke81Bashke81 11 days ago
Another great winter fragrance. Stellar longevity and silage. Perfection in a bottle.
ElysiumElysium 1 month ago
I've got a lot of compliments. It last forever yet it's so damn intimate, not offensive for closer people. Creamy tobacco and dirty vanilla.
ScentwitchScentwitch 2 months ago
Honey, straight from the jar, vanilla, and tobacco. Delicious delivery. VERY strong sillage with exceptional longevity.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 5 months ago
So good , I can’t do without it in the winter. Amazing quality, longevity and density. Real classy Tom Ford
GreMuserGreMuser 6 months ago
I get a lot of vanilla and some sweet/syrupy cherry vibes in the background, honestly too sweet and totally unwearable for my tastes.
TombbbTombbb 8 months ago
On par with Pure Malt - so unwearable for me. Pure sugar. Choking. Reminds me of a cinabon. Smell?Good, as cookie. As a frag? Absolutely no
Dan81Dan81 10 months ago
1,2 punch of tobacco jab and a vanilla straight. Strong presence like Zino or Egoiste, but the contrasting scents makes it invigorating
SergioTSergioT 1 year ago
Dried tobacco with sweet vanilla and spices. More similarities with a wet ashtray, less with a hookah pipe. It's a pass for me.
SAQIBSAQIB 1 year ago
Smells expensive, Warm, cozy, sweet and a little spicy.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A smoky unisex bomb: intense, warm, rich,intoxicating. Perfect in winter for its strong sillage and extraordinary longevity

by Elena00
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Gothic
by Gothic
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by Arsi
by Prophetfive
by Prophetfive

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford