Tuscan Leather 2007 Eau de Parfum

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 26 in Unisex Perfume
Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberryRaspberry
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
WoodsWoods
LeatherLeather
Black suedeBlack suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.10.2021.

MaxiOverdose
When fruit and leather have a child
I bought the fragrance actually only to be able to draw a reasonable comparison between Tuscan Leather and the LV Ombre Nomade.
Yes of course, with the ON is still oud and incense in it, but the raspberry has made it for me ;)

About the fragrance:
I find the scent quite pleasant when sprayed on properly. Personally, I use three sprays. 1 x neck front, 1 times neck back and 1x arm. That's enough and then also holds for a very long time. If I am very wild on the road, I treat myself to an extra on the neck.
Why do I write this? Because the fragrance very easily tempts to inflationary overdose.
He already smells very raspberry and the leather notes I smell clearly before.
However, the fragrance bores me a little. My expectations (#failure) were a little different and that has, in turn, the experience somewhat distorted. After a now long wearing phase over a few months, he still pleases me well.

When do I wear the fragrance?
I see the fragrance in no case as an everyday fragrance. On a woman, I would see him if her profession is in a clothing boutique. By the raspberry and the leather, which are dominant, he is NOT suitable in my eyes to the fragrance in the office.
Personally, I wear the fragrance only when I have an appointment in the fresh air. In closed rooms it works already also, but then please with fewer sprays. It lasts on me, depending on sweat production, 8-14 hours. Mostly I still smell after sleep after it.

I actually wouldn't buy the fragrance again, but that's purely a personal taste.
My fragrance tendencies move more in the direction of Ombre Nomade and hopefully soon to Widian London.

Cheers, I spontaneously got a craving for a raspberry sorbet.
Hero Status
What more can be said about the TL. Everything has already been said. It is a masterpiece.
The raspberry freshens from the beginning of the otherwise very heavy fragrance something. Saffron umd thyme create a great spiciness. (Jasmine makes it creamier.....sagen we halt times so, pretty the fragrance in any case).
Amber comes along very pleasant. However, what is always present, who would have thought it is this heavy leather. Yummy. Oh well, it should also not be forgotten about the incense.
For me, truly not unisex. Masculine it wants to be, masculine it is. But if I may smell it on the road it is the same to me on whom. Also gladly on a lady. Smell I want him in any case over and over again. Simply ingenious. It is almost perfect in my eyes. The durability is very strong and the projection as well.
There is simply no negative criticism.
Siebensinn
A journey through shimmering worlds of colour
A fragrance that surprises me again and again, which I never really get stored, even if it is immediately recognizable. Probably because of this enormous abundance of facets, floral dreams that ripen, darken, lighten over time.... I can never stop sniffing it, pondering it. If you're looking for a fragrance that he/she puts on once ("uses") and then forgets, you're in the wrong place. Tuscan Leather is diva, always wants to be noticed and always comes back to the forefront.
You have to be confident, it seems to me, to wear this fragrance:
Basically made for class women and class men. Who thinks he is a gray mouse, can not win anything here. The model, on the other hand, becomes a top model. The eye-catcher to the superstar. That's what it feels like... Noticed on others, you can not help but look closely at the person and bring the fragrance in harmony with the wearer. This can end in eternal love or... crashing fail.
Sillage is m.E. justifiable, almost something "too" strong in the room, but well, who has that has. And durable you are virtually without end.
As I said, you will not forget that you have the fragrance on you.
Quasi like a superpower. Absolutely mandatory to try.
You'll either love it or hate it. Or forever waffle back and forth between both poles.
Tuscan Leather leaves no one cold in any case.

Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather is Nasal Ipecac
After more than a decade of not wearing any fragrances, I began a side-quest in life to rediscover fragrances and to eventually curate a small collection for myself. Approximately 300 samplings and a couple months later, I discovered some things. I discovered I enjoy fresh scents and gourmands. I discovered I couldn't comprehend the hype about certain fragrances like Sauvage, Bleu, or Aventus. And I discovered that there is no fragrance more foul than Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather.

I sampled Tuscan Leather at a Sephora in June 2021. I sprayed a tester strip, and as with all my others, I smelled it and then put it in a Ziploc bag so I could smell it again after the dry-down. Because, who cares about top notes (sorry, not sorry ?)? My assessment upon smelling the opening was that this was an absolutely repulsive scent. Harsh, repugnant, and overpowering. But I figured, Tom Ford has worked magic with other scents like Lost Cherry, so I just need to give this spell time to formulate. Alas, additional time offered no redemption for this fragrance. During and after the dry-down, it retained its unbearable scent. It is not an understatement to say that out of the ~300 fragrance samplings I have done, this scent is easily the worst of them all. Sure, there were some heavy ouds and musks that could be overbearing, but Tuscan Leather seems to be intentionally offensive. This is not "car interior" leather. This is not "bad boy biker jacket" leather. This is "sleeping in a barn with the cows and manure" leather. This is a vomit-inducing, kill-it-with-fire, shit-in-a-bottle offensive.

I am open to the possibility that I sampled a bad bottle. Maybe someone tampered with it or transported the atomizer across the border in their anus, sans plastic bag. It is nearly incomprehensible that based on what I smelled, this fragrance could have an average of 8.5/10 across 1,107 ratings to date. Once my gag reflex has abated and I'm ready to give Tuscan Leather another try, I'll revise this review if I believe I did not sample an authentic bottle. Until then, this is my benchmark of "Worst. Fragrance. Ever." and is one of the worst smells I have had the displeasure of experiencing in my entire life.
Leather King
When I read that Tuscan Leather was a leather scent, all I could think was, "Never mind, got enough leather scents already."
I gave myself a jolt and ordered a sample anyway.
"Here we go!", I thought when the sample finally arrived.
2 sprays, impatience and excitement overtakes me.
Then the first smell after a few seconds.
What my olfactory cells got offered there, read every leather scent that I had previously tested, forgotten.
Wow. Glorious. A dominant fragrance. Very masculine and serious.
If this fragrance had to be given a named twin, I think it would be none other than Godolphin by Parfums de Marly.
But even this he puts in the shade.

The leather king par excellence.
TristanKalus
A ride through the thorny bushes
While he held on to the saddle with one hand, he tried with moderate success to keep the branches away from his face. He didn't have much distance ahead of him, though the short stretch along the edge of the forest was still the most arduous. If he was smart about it and didn't let the horse get away from him, he could make it back to the village before breakfast. After the last branch was swept back, the last tricky passage revealed itself before him-a sprawling thorny thicket full of raspberries. Down the narrow path he steered his bay mare carefully past the sharp thorns. All around him the sour smell of crushed and still green raspberries rose to his nose. The first rays of sunlight crept over the hills not far from here, warming the earth, shrubs and herbs all around. His saddle, by now heated by his own body heat and that of the sun, gave off a deep dark aroma of tanned leather that mingled with the scent of the thyme bushes among the thorns of the raspberries. The last of the thorns were still catching on the hem of his jacket when finally he rode out of the undergrowth, taking the small path to the village and warming his face in the rising sun.

Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather opens sharp, pungent, edgy and, above all, sour. There is no trace of a ripe, sweet raspberry here. Rather, green, sour wild raspberries come to the fore, which shape the start and dominate for themselves. Once the green-fresh start has subsided a little, a concentrated force of leather reveals itself. This one can't really be pigeonholed, perhaps due to the different types of leather used here. I alternately detect notes of a new car with a leather interior and tanned, deep dark leather of a saddle or leather jacket. The implementation is fabulously well done and seems incredibly authentic and natural. In the further course, I still discover nuances of thyme, some incense and a touch of woods, which make the fragrance a little softer during its development.

It's the opening of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather that makes this fragrance a love-it-or-hate-it candidate. But once you get past the sharp start, TL evolves into a fresh, herbaceous leather scent with tremendous depth and charisma. If it doesn't come across as really wearable at the beginning, after a few hours it becomes a beautiful, soft and warm composition.
fruity leather
Wow! What an explosion!

The fragrance is so strong and versatile, it has so many facets. The fruity top note of wild berries over the oriental incense in the heart note.

Finally, remains a sweet bitter very pleasant leather taste that is timeless and ewigs lasts!

I can only recommend!
Long nights short days
When my boyfriend got this scent from his friends for his birthday, I was furious.
He is not particularly interested in perfume and for this reason, I wanted to be the one to pick out a new fragrance for him.
This pissed offness then resulted in a strong bias, I just didn't want to think Tuscan Leather was great.
When he put it on to let me smell it, I told him I thought it was pretty great and blah, but inside I just thought it was stupid.
I was then but at some point alone with the fragrance and just tried to be completely objective without all the bad feelings to go :D
So I smelled and realized that I do not find him so shit, that I actually even like him, even when I perceived him on my friend the next time he liked me (even if I would have chosen an even better :D)
Many say that TL would smell like cocaine, I can't judge that "unfortunately", but I would definitely say that it has a party character.
I perceive it as quite sweet, which is probably due to the raspberry, which gives it something young.
Through the leather and suede notes and the incense, the whole composition gets a musty character what, in my opinion, is intercepted by jasmine and raspberry and thus does not come across stale.
I would not necessarily recommend Tuscan Leather to a family man and I would not recommend it as an everyday fragrance, because it has something very wicked and dangerous about it.
He is sexy, but not in such a "fresh-from-the-shower-sexy" but rather on a "I-have-been-through-all-night-and-don't-stay-for-breakfast-sexy"

A leather that stays
One of the best Tom Ford that I've smelled. Sweet, woody, spicy and leathery. I am enjoying this one a lot. Definitely a colder weather suited, but it depends on your taste. Not your typical daily pick. Pretty unique and long lasting.
10+ hours with a smooth but present sillage for a few hours as well.
Very refined, elegant and mysterious.
Night time only if you ask me.

Overall : 8.6/10

Masterpiece!
The ultimate masculine fragrance. Bold, animalic leather coated in warm, friendly raspberry. To wear this you have to be confident, proud, and not afraid to attract attention.
This is so good and it really smells like a million dollars.
10/10

Jbl775Jbl775 1 month ago
Blew me away the 1st time i tried it. Actual perfection in a bottle.

Amazing leather and raspberry mix that will leave you wanting more
JMWeedJMWeed 1 month ago
Not for me, reminded me of a bad cigarette smell.
Blako11Blako11 6 months ago
Muy impactante al principio y dificil de asimilar pero sin duda una maravilla de perfume. Cuando aflora la frambuesa es una locura.
IrfanIrfan 1 year ago
Amazing Smoky Leathery fragrance. Perfect for winter for keeping warm and cozy.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Tuscan Leather opens with a nice leathery scent. Then it becomes more like suede with raspberry and smoke. Good performance.
SweetgrassSweetgrass 2 years ago
Sex in a bottle. Softer than you’d think, but with serious backbone.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Raspberry, incense and harsh leather with a bit of suede on the side. I like the smoke around and the way it gets better in the drydown.
Mike1337Mike1337 3 years ago
Very strong leather, difficult to smell anything more. Not my kind of thing.

Es blüht im Paradies
by Graybeard
Für Freshs masculin challenge - Männer an den Grill ;)
by Rosie88
by Tiho
by Tiho
by ShadyAdwan
by ShadyAdwan
Well to dry, the reason its price for what it offers is too expensive
by Carlossp
by Cezar
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford