Tuscan Leather 2007Eau de Parfum

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 14 in Unisex Perfume
Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Saffron, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Leather, Black suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.04.2021.

Masterpiece!
The ultimate masculine fragrance. Bold, animalic leather coated in warm, friendly raspberry. To wear this you have to be confident, proud, and not afraid to attract attention.
This is so good and it really smells like a million dollars.
10/10
Vogue2011
Tuscan leather on bare skin, do you need more?
There are really many occasions to wear fragrances... Opera, dining out, meeting friends, shopping, dates, travel...

In my case, it was a place where perfume would probably have been the last thing on my mind.
Enclosed space, quite dark, and 80°C warm: a SAUNA!

I had once treated myself to a spa evening. In the sweat oasis it was quite empty, so all sweat boxes were mine ;-) It was on a Friday, I had Tuscan Leather on during the day in the office, no refresh during the day!

Then, the first sauna session, the moment of self-awareness:
In the first 10 minutes came due to the heat of the scent of such prominence that I sat in a cloud of noble leather smell and just enjoyed it!
The name is really program: Who loves fine leather fragrances is in Tuscan Leather BEST!
PS: Because of the sauna experience, I like to wear it in warmer temperatures or in the summer, and, HITZE really gives it another extra boost!

Duftsicher
So this is what leather smells like...
Like so many, I am already quite a while in search of the perfect fragrance, which makes a clear announcement and is clearly perceived over several hours...This is just the dream idea, which could not be 100% fulfilled so far and probably never will, but on this journey one encounters a wide variety of fragrance compositions, including Tuscan Leather

Extreme Noir was a term and already known to my nose, but I was unfortunately not really convinced of the strength, so I unfortunately ignored for a while TOM FORD until I then decided to try TL...fortunately

Leather is certainly very special and not really comparable to any other fragrance, but I have to say that I like it.
It radiates for me a warmth in which you feel comfortable, although TL is not really sweet and that is just special for me. Something like that you just have to try yourself to understand it well.

For me also TL is more suitable for the colder days and also if you are just in a cozy mood, at least that is my association.
Very similar to Godolphin from PdM, but a bit stronger. Nevertheless, I like both versions very well.

Scent: leather ;)
Durability: very good
Sillage: good in armlängen range
Philipp1802
I dream of long nights on the Reeperbahn
I take a breath and am caught right away. A slight burning in the nose gives me security.

You hear a lot of stories about people who didn't believe in him. And I saw him. He was tall, well-built, and cast a spell on every woman.

A powerful man.

He dared to step in front of the club. Blinded by the dominance, the bouncers moved aside. Not only all eyes but all noses turned to him.

He is blessed with the destiny to stand out.
The evening passed and I can never forget that distinctive scent.

It was pure ecstasy.

The After Eight
Out of the suit and into the jeans, white T-shirt, leather jacket and go with the buddies in the evening around the houses. The last summer days are over and autumn is just around the corner.

So, or at least so similar were my expectations of TF Tuscan Leather.

I was looking for a lively, smoky and leathery fragrance that is minimally provocative, yet not overbearing. A fragrance for a successful, down-to-earth and at the same time adventurous man incl. a pinch of wit and charm.

TF TL is terrific and unique, that already once in advance. However, I had to adjust my initially mentioned expectations of this fragrance something and take off the leather jacket again. I have now opted for a turtleneck sweater made of cashmere and a wool blazer. With that, the summery days are gone. It's cool and dark and I'm sitting with my buddies including their company in a great restaurant.

TL is m. E. a very elegant and luxurious fragrance. The initial rough edges (the dry raspberry ahead) lose themselves but in the further course very quickly and TL becomes very soft and cozy. I then detect suede and woody notes. Worn at the right time and place, TL is very positively perceived. Charming looks as well as sensual reserved eye contact from ladies are definitely guaranteed. Thus an excellent companion for the evening hours in fine dress in a relaxed, open and friendly atmosphere. Due to the elegance, warmth and also the heaviness of TL, for me personally but not an everyday fragrance.
Ropanski2020
PU leather dipped in raspberry compote - not my cup of tea
It is interesting to be able to read here on parfumo, how strongly this fragrance should polarize, yet it has not (yet) been enough for a critical review in the comments section. Quite strange. It's certainly easier to promote a fragrance than to talk it into the ground. Nevertheless, the same applies to praise as to criticism: it is based on personal assumptions, expectations and preferences, and therefore does not have to be shared by third parties, neither in part nor in its entirety. In this sense, the following comment is also to be understood.

First, I must confess: I am a fan of the Private Blend series by Tom Ford. This brought out great fragrances over many years, but has recently clearly lost in quality, as far as the direction of the range is concerned. The new releases recently are all mixed and sometimes not (more) worth the price that is proclaimed by the official side. Too bad, but so is the course of events.

Tuscan Leather, to keep it short, does not please me at all on my skin. He seems to me in the overall view completely unbalanced, downright exhausting in the top note and frighteningly meager in the base note, for me simply a failure! To the truth, however, also belongs to admit that I have already perceived him in other people as quite acceptable (more), even - in one case - as quite exciting, so different can be the skin chemistry in individual cases (unfortunately).

The sweet prelude is, to say the least, an olfactory horror for me, even in the drydown this not to tame raspberry is still omnipresent. Although nuances of balsamic and herbaceous notes are recognizable here and there in the course of the fragrance, however, these are rejected by the overbred fruit of the field, so that you want to let go unnerved from the back of your own hand, because this penetrating sweetness rises too strongly in the nose. The eponymous chords of leather are of little help, too weakly worked out in the base note for my taste. Maybe I'm just used to more potent leather scents. Whether the perfumer should be reproached for this of all things, personal expectations have not fully served, remains certainly questionable, however, the leather does not want to please me in its composition.

Because Tuscan Leather smells in the course sometimes strongly of chemical products from the series of pharmaceutical residual products and industrial plastics, which found their way via detours to the tanner, who wants to go habitually to action, only to stop halfway through the work, because fully overwhelmed. No, this combination of sweetened berry compote with a hint of solvent and soft leather nuances is not to my taste at all and has already made me recoil in similar disappointment with Fragrance Du Bois' Milano. That should have been warning enough for me. From Tuscan Leather, which is advertised in many places as less sweet than the Milano, I hoped for more in the end then.

Summa summarum has Tuscan Leather - for me - little exclusive or even significant in itself, for it he convinces me from the craftsmanship simply much too little, even if just in this point the opinions here in the forum will certainly diverge. Its name promises Tuscan flair, but what you get is at best an Italian large-scale industrial plant for composites, whose halls are lined with a multitude of scented trees spraying the scent of synthetic raspberry. Fantasy or not, Tuscan Leather does not conjure up Mediterranean images in my mind.

Who likes it sweet-spicy and at the same time also dark, but just not (so) leathery, is in my opinion with Plum Japonais from the Private Blend series of Tom Ford much better served. The sweetness steps here in the drydown excellent behind the spice, without saying goodbye completely. If, on the other hand, you can do without sweetness altogether, but don't want to let go of the leather and want to continue to poach in the Private Blend series, then reach for Oud Wood Intense, another, but in this case wonderfully implemented fraudulent label fragrance from the house of Tom Ford. The leather is here much more full-bodied, more authentic and, in turn, also - in my opinion - more honest because by all means rougher implemented.

Before is inquired, the Tuscan Leather Intense version I have not yet been allowed to test for comparison, I'll get but soon after.

(Greetings go out to the good Kap1405, which has provided me with a bottling)
The Hate Love In The House Tom Ford
Either you like the scent or you don't..
Here there is no in between.
When I smelled the fragrance 2-3 years ago the first time he liked me hardly.
Leather and spicy, that was then for me only what for older. I drove then on fresh and fruity fragrances off.
But with age comes maturity, and suddenly you like this dish or drink, and that's exactly what happened to me with the fragrance here.
From hate became love, from love became my favorite of Tom Ford.
Starting with a raspberry note, the scent is initially on not very intrusive.
Where the rumor has arisen that the fragrance smells at the beginning of coca*n, I do not know (s) and I can not understand (because I do not take such substances to me ;).
To the raspberry note now the Tuscan leather sneaks in, which conquers the place and "here I am baby!" Screams, literally.
It takes over the presence of the entire fragrance, pushing the raspberry aside.
After a while, spice and something smoky creep in as well, pumping the scent up even more.
Woods I smell unfortunately hardly or I can not perceive them with all the great leather.
H/S with me top, I can not get me.
Definitely for the winter and for the colder days.
Love/hate
Either or. There's nothing in between.
Only got warm on the second nose with it and now I can't keep my hands off it. I ordered about 10 samples and it sticks out so much that I ordered it directly He is on the clothes properly leathery and berry sweet.
On the skin it is zb A completely different scent. H/S also very strong on the skin. One of the fragrances I really like to wear on skin. Because the H/S is good and he smells even better in drydown.
Don't get me wrong, you gotta like it. Not some everyday scent. But if you like that, you'll love it
not for you
I find it outrageous that other people are allowed/can wear this scent. Do you know how to do that? It is not easy. You can not just put it on and it is good. It requires a portion of courage and self-confidence, a lot of self-confidence. And of course only with (my dead chic) leather jacket. The best leather boots on and then freshly coiffed to the most sinful mile of the city. Alone, of course... This fragrance needs the right day, the right situation and the exuberant ego of its wearer.

The divine raspberry, the smoke in its most beautiful form, namely not smelly or disturbing. The durability and what this fragrance evokes in me. Unbelievable.

Since many years my companion, extremely sparingly used, maybe 1 x per year....more is not necessary.
Chrisniburg
I've never experienced anything like it
Granted, I've been blindly buying some perfumes the past few days. This one, of course, I was very unsure about the price. Nevertheless, I let myself be convinced by the local opinions. What can I say?!?
The smell is awesome. I've never smelled anything so fascinating. On the other hand, although I think that this fragrance can only be worn in the evening, it is especially suitable for the cold season. The whole day is surrounded by the pleasant smell of fruits, leather and woods.

IrfanIrfan 6 months ago
Amazing Smoky Leathery fragrance. Perfect for winter for keeping warm and cozy.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Tuscan Leather opens with a nice leathery scent. Then it becomes more like suede with raspberry and smoke. Good performance.
CnFCnF 7 months ago
High class in a bottle. Perfume not suitable for everyone. Best after 30 yrs. Intense, powerful, opulent. Extreme performance, be carefull
SweetgrassSweetgrass 2 years ago
Sex in a bottle. Softer than you’d think, but with serious backbone.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Raspberry, incense and harsh leather with a bit of suede on the side. I like the smoke around and the way it gets better in the drydown.
Mike1337Mike1337 2 years ago
Very strong leather, difficult to smell anything more. Not my kind of thing.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Why would anyone want to smell like luxury leather shoes? My man needs to smell good not like his own boots...

Es blüht im Paradies
by Graybeard
Für Freshs masculin challenge - Männer an den Grill ;)
by Rosie88
by Chrisniburg
by Chrisniburg
by ShadyAdwan
by ShadyAdwan
Well to dry, the reason its price for what it offers is too expensive
by Carlossp
by Cezar
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford