Tuscan Leather (2007) Eau de Parfum

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Saffron, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Leather, Black suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.10.2019

8.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Darkbeat
A groundbreaking concept in its day, today ...
I recently enjoyed Tuscan Leather, and without knowing it, I had in my collection three perfumes that smell similar, Arabi Cana from Kolmaz, Attar Mubakhar from Swiss Arabian and Mukhalat Barq from Swiss Arabian, I guess inspired by him, or not ..., no I know. The fact is that after using these previously, it has not impacted me enough as something new, and I am not convinced of its disbursement, anyway, the aromatic quality that is perceived in Tuscan Leather does not have the others even.

It is a very linear aroma, a leather with many shades, beautiful and elegant, a fruity touch at the beginning exquisite, and a warm background to tan all that cold skin, a groundbreaking and original concept at the time. The perfume, apart from the nonsense of mine for having similar previous aromas, is a wonder, beautiful and very elegant, yes, not very versatile, it is not a perfume for any moment, I see it more for formal or romantic dates, with a duration and wake up very good.

As for your recommendation, I think that, as the market is today, I would not recommend it for its high price, there are perfumes with similar fragrance and quality at a quarter of its price, I know that Tuscan Leather is a perfume of Very high quality, but I don't think it compensates for the disbursement that it implies, in the years of his departure he was more justified, but today, I think not. If you can afford it and you like it, it's great, but if you like its aroma and you can't afford it, you can try perfumes such as: Yuqawam Homme de Rasasi, Leather de Monotheme, Arabi Cana de Kolmaz or Attar Mubakhar de Swiss Arabian, I assure you that, with any of these, the disbursement of Tuscan Leather does not compensate, and with that I do not want to disqualify Tuscan Leather, because it is not so, since the perfume of Tom Ford seems magnificent, I just wanted to contribute some objectivity.
10.0 7.0 6.0 9.5/10

FungShangLou
Saddlery. Smooth leather. Authentic.
Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather is rightly a classic from the Private Blend Collection. Tuscan Leather effortlessly satisfies your demand to create unusual fragrances far away from the mainstream.

In the opening it strikes you with strong, authentic impressions of smooth leather. Associations of saddlery and new car leather come up, very noble. Unlike comparable leather fragrances, Tuscan Leather does not initially have any striking wood nuances, as is usually the case with cedar. This makes the leather appear smoother, perhaps even more textile. The famous and often copied raspberry is there, but different than expected. It is not very juicy or sweetly sticky, but rather acidic like a fruit harvested too early. It rounds off all the smoky accents of leather. This is what makes it so supple and wearable, a fragrance that captures luxury. The last great fragrance is the striking, herbaceous impact that forms the "Tuscan" from Tuscan Leather. It is the bitter, dust-dry smell of thyme dried in the sun. This glorious interplay in the opening lasts well the first half hour. The silage is big, the scent appears multidimensional, meanwhile only moderately intensive, not what it once could.

In the further course Tuscan Leather becomes, at least with me, increasingly flatter and smokier. The range is of course decreasing. Not all scents fade equally fast, so TL lacks the rounding raspberry early, it gets a little more scratchy. Soon afterwards, at the latest after 3 hours, I no longer perceive it as a leather scent, but rather as smoky wood with a herbaceous flap. In the late drydown I have the feeling of smelling of cold smoke, as if I had been among smokers the night before.

My skin generally does not absorb perfume well, but even on clothing TL only lasts about 4-5 hours, after that only the above mentioned rest of smoke can be guessed. Unfortunately, like many TF fragrances, the years have seen it "watered down" and no longer the beast mode monster it used to be. Definitely not worth the recommended retail price, so better make a price comparison, for 140/150€ for 50ml you can buy it. Definitely test beforehand.
Only for special, entertaining occasions. Comparable fragrances do it at least as well, Colonia Leather is highly recommended.

Despite the lack of performance, TL is so unusual and extravagant in the first hours that it is still one of my favourite TF fragrances. Not exactly a crowd pleaser, Love it or hate it
6.0 6.0 8.0 3.5/10

Leather fetish Only
My beautician's so excited about T.L.. It aroused my curiosity. What does a cool, older, pretty blonde like so much about it -- must smell good, I thought! She uses it as a car scent and then looks forward to driving her car. (There are women who love to smell dog's paws, whether it is similar to leather as well? No, I don't smell it)

Me, rehearsed and then..... Oh dear, such a bitter leather smell. So... where's the raspberry??? Let's see how it mixes. Tataaa ....well really succeeded did not mix it, in my opinion. Alternating between buried and burnt wood soot. The burial lingers longer. Well, it's not mine.
In comparison to TF's Ombre Leather, also a car scent of my beautician, I found the refined leather scent much better. Soft-tart, pleasant, the leather character appears much softer. I'll get a sample of that too!
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

All in .... and won !
Tuscan Leather. Finally. After about 26 years of egoism. A new smell in my life. Thank you.

How did this happen? After all, I was always happy with Egoiste, no matter what I tested, I didn't like it. Then shortly before my wife's birthday I had the idea to find her a new, very good and expensive perfume. Expensive because it's the same for me.

The next day I felt something like envy in me, not the bad one, but the longing one. I wanted a new fragrance as much as I did. But where to look? I was too lazy to go to the perfumery, too often it was for nothing. So Internet research. On Parfumo, where else. Some Tom Ford scent was in the top 100. Not my thing, but that's how I got his Tuscan Leather.

I've seldom read such a controversial book about a scent. I was interested. Strange, if there's a lot of critical voices, it makes me all the more excited. Raspberry, leather, incense... hmm, there used to be something. Exactly, I remembered that in my childhood I liked to sniff a pair of leather gloves, because it smelled leathery- fruity, raspberry somehow. Long forgotten, but recalled by the descriptions here. Now it was clear I had to have that stuff. Thought twice, hmmm, I'd have to buy it from a retailer. I want the original. 30ml, 50ml, 100ml... phew, that's pretty expensive. But there, 250ml, there was right, especially with my discount code that price/quantity ratio. But still a lot, for a fragrance you don't know.
Anyway, that's when the gambler inside of me came through. All on black, all in, 250ml. Ordered untested. Sometimes I'm really not all there...

The day the package was supposed to come, I was extremely nervous. Then there it was. The box torn open, the box in your hand, foil off, the moment of truth. Suddenly that fear comes back. What if I get nauseous in a minute? So let's go, or I'll never find out. The giant bottle, carefully opened. I see, no spray head. All right, then. A drop of the lid on my hand. What's that? Relieved because there was no nausea. Irritated and surprised, because that's not how I had imagined it. There was nothing sympathetic about it, at that first moment. But it was pretty gross. After about 15 minutes, I suddenly laughed to myself. Suddenly everything was there. Leather, smoke and the raspberry, the sour one. Now I knew I'd won. It was intense, untamed and wild. And it got better and better the longer it was on my skin. That's what I was looking for. That's what a scent must be like. The longer on the skin, the better he gets. This is the correct order.

This will be my scent for the days when it matters. Not everyone likes it's great. I don't want everyone to like me either. But my wife had to like it. And he did. Victory all along the line.

Why the original if there are some good copies? Well, I'm not a copy, I'm an original. Tuscan Leather and I. That fits. We'll be together for a long time. 250ml long. At least.
8.0 8.0 8.0 6.5/10

Oak
A lot of smoke around....
Tuscan Leather was the reason I signed up for Parfumo.
Every now and then I followed the newly introduced fragrances and surfed a bit in front of me. When I came across Tuscan Leather with this "leathery-smoky" scent, these great recessions and apparently finding my new future leather elixir, I immediately searched the city for an extensive test.
Unfortunately unsuccessful. Either there were no testers or everything was already sold out.
Buy blind at this price? NO!
Then this souk came to mind. I registered immediately and ordered Tuscan Leather as my first souk.

I like leather scents, a lot, even to women. Then Tuscan...
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed and surprised how I see it so differently than how some recessions describe the fragrance.
For me the scent is not leathery - smoky but smoky - leathery.
The smoke character is very dominant. The leather smells very pleasant.
I'm afraid I can't really see a raspberry. Also in the circle of acquaintances and colleagues recognize no raspberry in the classical sense.
It is rather a dry smoky leather smell which burns me even easily in the nose.

After about 1-2 hours it reminds me of a special smoky smell. I couldn't file it, thought back and forth.
Again and again I put it on and hoped for the great realization. When then one beautiful day my co-driver said that it smells somehow in the car after old smoke.
Now I could classify the scent. He reminds me of the clothes the day after a campfire. That's it!!

So the scent is very special and not wearable by everyone.
I find him rather selfish, introverted, solitary,... so to speak.
You don't wear this scent for others or for occasions, but only for yourself. You don't do soo big favors to the environment with it.

Comparisons like: the big brother of Ombre Leather or Ombre is the weakened form, ... which I have unfortunately also oriented myself to, do not vote for me like that. These are two completely different fragrances that only leather has in common. I could just as well claim that CH Men Prive is the big sister of the Tuscan ^^.

I don't want to offend anyone, the scent is a bit more unusual than others, no question.
I am only unfortunately very disappointed since I had promised myself something else by the insanely great evaluations and also became.
I can only advise leather lovers to test this fragrance.
For me LEIDER too extreme.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.5/10

MajorTom
Leather, luxury, high price - but worth every cent
I'll never forget when I walked up to my first really expensive scent years ago. In the perfumery of one of these top department stores, a hostess held a test strip under my nose. Bääämmm - the mega flash. There are scents, so after 3 seconds you know you want him. So happens with TF´s Tuscan Leather. So I directly said "sensational, I'll take it", ran to the cash register and I still don't know if I noticed the shock when I quoted the prize. Anyway, with a little Tom Ford bag and halfway proud to have bought one, I left the store.

How does TL smell? Well, in this case the name really fits perfectly, because what dominates here from beginning to end is actually the smell of leather. But not uncouth, old, dirty leather, but, as you would expect from TF, a very fine composition, soft and round, elitist, gentlemanly, luxurious. This nose-flattering wine is rounded off by subtle, fine smoky notes that remain in the background, as well as fine woods.

Anyone who has ever had this part under his nose immediately notices that there was no spilling, but gawking. And with the finest ingredients found on perfumers' shelves. No chemical, synthetic cheap stuff, but the finest. Sillage and durability are the same. A top notch product that is worth its money from my point of view compared to many other fragrances. Pure luxury, but the joy of spraying on lasts a long time.
When to wear? Rather at cooler temperatures, nothing for the summer.
What occasion? Even in the office, it doesn't miss its effect.
What age? Well, I don't mean to presume I'm trying to talk the younger ones out of the scent. But if you look at pictures of Tom Ford, you get a good feeling for the perfect buyer: A gentleman who holds the (car) door open for ladies, adjusts the chair for them in the restaurant and if the situation arises, but can also be a daredevil.

A very fine fragrance for fine types.

And maybe one of the best fragrances ever
9.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

Leather Geil
10:00 a.m.
-So laptop is on, Windows booted up and now I can just write a comment on the Tuscan Leather. I've got time.

Many thanks to Nordique for the filling.

10:05 am
- What do I write best? First of all, I think I like it. Oh, I always write that when I like a scent. I've got to try something new.

10:15 am
- I could go over the scents. Leather e.g...ne is clear, the thing has leather already in the name. That's not very imaginative.

10:20 am
- But I could mention the raspberry. But others already have. The jasmine? The smoky one? Boring. Boah Schoork, try hard, you can do it differently.

10:30 am
- Now I got it... I'm writing the raspberry's wearing a leather jacket. The raspberry is Batman!!!!! Orrr ne..Batman I already mentioned in another comment. THOR..yes, the raspberry is Thor..a nonsense..how does that sound?

10:45 am
- I'm close. I could write that Thor smells like that, Or Wolverine!!!! So it's leather and smoke and a little sweet. Wolverine's not cute. Forget it boy!

11:00 a.m. < br /> - I have a block. I have to admit it to myself. Come on, I'm usually so creative.

11:10 am
- I don't have a leather scent like that yet..oh how interesting!

11:30 am
- Boah in that time I could have repopulated an entire island now.

11:45 < br /> - I'll try a rhyme. So... "The scent does not reach into emptiness...it has the leather and the raspberry."
Or "It's not for the sofa, it's for the moped" I leave it. I'll leave it.

12:00
- I'm getting hungry. I've got to think of something. Fucking hoe. Am I just writing something down?

12:20pm
-But now. Tuscan Leather is a fragrance that fascinates me quite a bit. With his really good tuning he skilfully avoids the degree to the banal leather scent, which doesn't seem too intrusive to me, because of the fine soft leather. Who succeeded with the raspberry a very skilful Clou. And whose durability justifies its price.
Well, that sounded like a commercial. All you need...buy Tuscan Leather now and get 2 Lederhosen for free. Oh, man.

12:30
- I don't know... I could be pulling off the leather now, but somehow I'd feel like I've been leatheried off. I can't even tell you how leather does it to me that I can't think of anything.

12:40
- I feel a spontaneous desire to hear Led Zeppelin.

13:00 hrs
- I give up. Maybe I'll watch another good movie. Leather weapon or something.
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

IndianaJones
Masculine biker with elegance and style
Strongly impressive, clenched smokey leather classic that can grip hard but always remains polite and charming. Absolute masterpiece of fragrance architecture!

At first, the smoke reminded me of Encre Noir. The undertones and accents of herbs and sweet, fortunately subtly held raspberry wrapped in an expensive leather jacket introduce an incredibly elegant yet filigree fragrance. One can already guess after a few minutes full of fore fires that something spectacular is going to happen on the skin here. Few aromas, so skillfully melanged and individually very clearly recognizable, rarely experienced. An absolute must. This belongs in every collection!
9.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Tuscan Leather
One of the first Tom Ford Private Blends I ever tried. It began a whole exploration of leather fragrances. Is it still one of the best on the market? Is it still worth the money?

9.0/10

JacSi9
From striking leather to gay rays
There are scents that don't immediately give you a full charge of endorphins. Fragrances that you find most interesting when you smell them for the first time and that you push off onto the sample compost like disappointing Tinder dates. So I could imagine I myself am, of course, a gentleman of the first order. The comparison is of course interpretable like Tuscan Leather - Unisex. Hee-hee! Sexism is a misplaced term here. Bad jokes absolutely not. I just don't care about anything.

But somehow these fragrances make it back into consciousness via detours. And for some unknown reason one discovers aspects that were not visible before. The fragrance grows and surprises. Or rather, it is one's own perception that does this. Perhaps that speaks for the complexity of those fragrances. For me, these are ultimately the creations that I find special and noteworthy. To detonate the bomb: Tuscan Leather is such a fragrance to me.

He didn't say. Young young, blatant suspense.

I started my fruit leather journey with the Arabi Cana, which has only remote similarities to the Ford. Zoomed closer to the theme, the infamous raspberry revealed itself to me for the first time at La Yuqawam. After intensive research I was sure, at least in theory, that you had to be extremely stupid and horny to choose the Tuscan Leather. There would be cheaper variants, 98% of which would smell the same (the German language can be really unattractive, now I'm thinking of gay rays, thank you very much too. This is NOT National Geographic, language!). I had imagined the Rasasi to be much more violent and striking. A syrupy raspberry note dominated the leather. That didn't smell bad, but it wasn't enough for me. Later I added the Oro 1920 (already great, but too woody and smoky for me) and the Godolphin (very noble and round, but now too fruity and smooth for me).

At first I found the Tuscan Leather to be too rough, edgy, cold and yes - somehow unsympathetic. I felt a cold leather powder, if there was such a thing. Not for nothing is it compared to the smell of white powder. The whole thing was too unapproachable for me. Though noble and well done.

Joa, and then in the meantime I got addicted to cocaine, and now I like him. Bye!

Okay, that's a lie.

Over time I found the other contestants (except the Oro) too fruity and too dear. After I went through my hit list sample bag again, I noticed TL. Every time I sprayed it on again, it rose in my favor. The rough note, which I previously found unappealing, is now for me the necessary striking masculinity that I seek in such a fragrance. The ratio of fruit, leather and smoke is just right. Somebody explain the world to me.

Tuscan Leather starts off rather pungent, with a lot of smoke, that said powder note (but completely different from what I usually associate with "powdery"), a lot of leather and a floating raspberry note that doesn't push too much into the foreground. The show doesn't change much with the scent. I think that's perfectly all right, too. When I look at Mission Impossible, I don't want the debile cinema owner to suddenly throw in Rosamunde Pilcher. The fragrance is woven a little softer and finer at most, but remains striking throughout and offers an edge that drifts into the masculine and gives the noble aura the necessary character. The raspberry has the courage to do something, but remains a team player.

The durability is great. How to measure the Sillage, I don't know now either (see my comment at the Ore). Am I Superman? Do you have to make an astral journey out of your own body to sniff parallel for a moment? Questions over questions.

I've read a few times that Tuscan Leather is a scent for guys with a rocking leather jacket, Gerard Depardieu says moderately. I don't see it that way. I see an elegant man with a certain charisma. The black leather jacket is modern, smooth, shiny, only a few pockets and zippers adjust the view to the essentials. Probably the wearer has rather stood and is over 35. I am clearly under there, but at least in my case I see no problem and am sure that I am not alone with it.

Tuscan Leather clearly stands out from the crowd, but should also please the mainstream or at least be perceived as particularly positive. I have already worn the scent to work and did not feel disguised at all. Here, too, one's own perception is king. At least I wasn't lynched. Successful working day, I'd say.

In the blind test I recognize TL immediately and can distinguish him from the other suspects. And it's certainly not my nose. Quality can also be found elsewhere. It's the mix that finally does it. And that's a matter of taste. For me Tuscan Leather has the nose in front for the reasons mentioned.

I start off relaxed with 10ml and if my friends didn't say goodbye to me at the end of the bottling because I suddenly have the charisma of a Colombian drug boss who imaginarily distributes animal heads in beds, then a bottle could be a possibility. You just have to know what you want. That's where Tuscan Leather comes in.

Decent and overpriced
A pleasant and nice scent indeed, as much leathery as tons of other contemporary leather-based scents (suederal-safraleine type), without any particular twist that lets this stand alone in the crowd. Classy and refined for sure, in a rather safe and tamed down way though: "brownish", smoky, crisp and clean like a new pair of leather brogues. Not bad, actually rather pleasant, just a bit overpriced for the quality. And in fact there's quite some cheaper alternatives which do the same job: Godolphin by Parfums de Marly, Golden Boy by Dueto for instance.

6,5-7/10
7.5 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Special Perfume
this is a very special cologne. actually "Special" is a fit word to explain scent of TUSCAN LEATHER.
in my idea everybody should smell "tuscan leather" to understand the real concept of "special" word.
the people's feedback toward this scent is a shock, first.
everybody say this is a very unusual scent.
nobody can say i hate it (some women can say it, because the Tom Ford's Perfumes are so heavy).
but many of people can definitive say this cologne has a perfect scent.
the collection of suede and raspberry and leather and saffron feels so clearly.

Sweetgrass 13 days ago
Sex in a bottle. Softer than you’d think, but with serious backbone.+1
10.0
5.0
10.0
Carlitos01 180 days ago
Raspberry, incense and harsh leather with a bit of suede on the side. I like the smoke around and the way it gets better in the drydown.+4
9.0
Mike1337 9 months ago
Very strong leather, difficult to smell anything more. Not my kind of thing.+2
Lexa 3 years ago
Why would anyone want to smell like luxury leather shoes? My man needs to smell good not like his own boots...+5

Für Freshs masculin challenge - Männer an den Grill ;)
by Rosie88
by Windspiel
by Windspiel
by ShadyAdwan
by ShadyAdwan
Well to dry, the reason its price for what it offers is too expensive
by Carlossp
by Bradigow
by Bradigow
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford