Tuscan Leather (2007)Eau de Parfum

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Top 11 in Unisex Perfume
Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with Aventus (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Saffron, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Leather, Black suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.07.2020.

Beyond any doubt...
I first came into the pleasure of testing Tuscan Leather about a year ago. On the way in a noble department store in Hamburg, I tried the scents and finally got stuck at the Tom Ford stand. Until then I had only seen a few TF scents, including Oud Wood, Tobacco Vanilla, Noir Extreme etc. Tuscan Leather, on the other hand, was not listed by most chains, not surprisingly, since it is a very polarizing DNA and certainly not everyone wants to smell like Tuscan leather. But before that I had heard some opinions, there were associations with cocaine, burnt tires, cigarette butts and mustard... So it would have to be an interesting smell, no matter if I would like it or not.
So get it on your wrist!
About the fragrance: Tuscan Leather starts with the famous sour raspberry, very harsh and engaging. Shortly afterwards a touch of saffron is added, which takes the edge off. After a few minutes the smoky note also comes out. So far a very harmonious, though idiosyncratic composition. Of course the whole event is underlined by the leather. This also comes along very raw, but makes the scent even more harmonious.
I cannot hear sweetness in the complete fragrance process, but that doesn't bother me any further.

Shelf life and silage are enormous!
First on the wrist a Tuscan Leather does not let go. Even after I left the department store I could perceive the scent at regular intervals. Also a spray was enough to flood the whole interior of my car, so that my girlfriend had to lower the window (to my sorrow). The next day, after the morning shower, TL was also still on my wrist.

On the occasion of the outstanding performance it is advisable to use Tuscan Leather only in a well dosed way. Of course it depends on the respective situation. In general I see it to an elegant suit as well as to a leather jacket. Also it is not necessarily something for very young people
The wearer should underline the character of the fragrance and vice versa. Tuscan Leather definitely goes forward and pulls its wearer along with it. To do justice to him requires a lot of self-confidence and assertiveness. You should not give too much consideration to the opinion of others if you decide to wear Tuscan Leather and look authentic. It is definitely a scent that can be offensive. Under certain circumstances it makes its wearer look arrogant and above any self-doubt. An image that I find impressive in any case. In this respect, I can also understand the associations with cocaine, especially since TL is also a bit chemical.

In conclusion, I consider Tuscan Leather to be an extremely refined fragrance. Only rarely do scents manage to leave such a detailed impression. Unfortunately I personally often miss the occasions to wear it. Therefore I only have a 10ml filling in my house. I also bought the more tamed alternative, Ombré Leather This adds, to the typical Tuscan Leather DNA, a pleasant sweetness and makes the whole thing much more wearable. Unfortunately, OL is much more linear than its predecessor, which bores me a bit with time.

LG
A role model for many
Tuscan Leather is for me the epitome of the new leather fragrances. What Tom Ford created in 2007 is undeniably a great fragrance, because otherwise there wouldn't have been so many imitations and similarly positioned fragrances. Before 2007, did anyone hear of leather scents with basically fruit? Or how much new leather scents were represented before? Weren't they rather scents for which a Knize, a Bel Ami and what they are all called, stand? All of which I think are great, by the way.
This is certainly an interesting discussion, but I might write a longer blog about it in time, because I already got to know one or the other leather-loving perfume here.

Today we're going to talk about Tuscan Leather, the reference scent. So many people own it according to the statistics, but rather less feel compelled to comment. Sure, a lot has been said and every few months someone else comments, but that doesn't stop anyone at Aventus and its partners. Before I finally bought the scent, I read things like "burnt out car", "heroin" and all the other things TL should smell like. First of all, it doesn't smell like that unless you're looking for a superlative for a fragrance that you don't have anything else to do with. Secondly, who wants to smell like that? I imagine it's amusing when you're stopped by the police: "Do you carry drugs?" "No, officer." "I can smell it all over me! And you burned the car, you firebug! Get out of the car and get down on the ground! "It's just my perfume "Get out of the car! Harry, I'm in desperate need of backup. I've got a firebug and a drug king Me, now lying on the floor: "It's only Tuscan Leather...TUSCAN LEATHERRRRR!"

So, let's come to the fragrance: it starts with a raspberry, which is not very sweet and fruity, but rather fruity and tart. This is a clear difference compared to the often quoted La Yuqawam. It is rather fruity lighter, the raspberry seems more ripe. The effect results from the use of thyme, in TL this plays a clear role, the result is finely balanced. This is exactly where imitations often fail, see Enigma by Wajid Farah.

What to some then appears to be a burnt wagon, on closer inspection is merely the subtle interplay between head and heart notes. The thyme becomes increasingly aromatic, appears slightly roasted, which has a very intense effect. This now meets leather, which appears well smoked by the incense. Likewise we have the smoked plant Davana with us, which contributes here likewise something sweetness. This sweetness complements the raspberry, which now appears milder and changes its image with the Davana. All in all wonderfully harmonious.

This may be too much for some people, because the scent is very extreme. It is intense, no question. Even my first contact with it was not without it. Anyway, TL becomes tamer afterwards, at some point pleasant leather smells through without great entourage. It's a long way until then, because both durability and sillage are extraordinary. I personally appreciate the intensity and density of the fragrance.

Of course, some cheaper fragrances come close to TL but not in this intensity and density. LY is often called the rougher of the two. TL than the suit scent. Sure, I can wear TL in the office but the much stronger raspberry doesn't make LY look wilder but fruitier. But somehow the price has to justify itself. For me one of the best representatives of the new leather generation and maybe one of the fragrances that made other great creations like AdPs Leather or Bois 1920 Oro possible but that's pure speculation. Anyway, I found my way to leather through these fragrances and only then through the old classics.
Elite instead of exclusive
A friend of mine, who doesn't know anything about perfumes, asked me some time ago which fragrance I would recommend to him. He was a very clichéd black-metalian. Pretty skinny, long hair, always wearing a homemade frock and metal shirts (all band logos illegible). All in all quite pretty, terribly convinced of himself and his taste in music and also otherwise equipped with one or the other not so useful character trait. But... quite pretty. Of course I immediately came across Tuscan Leather.

The fragrant trve-evil-elitaire-everything-other-than-nette black metal. Sorry about all the snobs, you should wear ombre leather, it's nice anyway.
I like Tuscan Leather a little better. I like this rough. There's a smoky, scuffed leather all over the fragrance. And that's where you're guaranteed to be noticed. In the beginning I also smell a bit of raspberry (much more subtle than Ombre Leather 16). And then in the base a little bit of amber and charred wood. Not much more happens here. Tuscan Leather is not a complicated scent, not a trace of elegance, not a gentleman. Tuscan Leather is for those who want to stand out and show their arrogance to anyone who crosses their path. Actually not people I like to have around me, but the scent still has something very attractive for me. It's funny... such a nice scent, but the person I see wearing it is someone I don't even like. Do you know something like that?

I only have the limited edition Ombre Leather 16, which I can still use as a comparison, the now regular OImber Leather I don't know, I don't know how the two differ. Anyway, Ombre Leather 16 is the nice sibling of Tuscan Leather. The two scents are similar, but OL16 has a much softer leather and I can clearly see the jasmine. The scents are very similar, but they are completely different in character. Tuscan Leather is abysmally beautiful, elitist and aloof, Ombre Leather 16 is more affectionate, elegant, friendly, exclusive.

Tuscan Leather is a phenomenon of a fragrance, an irresistible unsympathetic. I'm going to wallow in it for a while now, listen to the right music (Trve norwegian Black-Metal, everyone who listens to that is automatically better than the rest of the world *be careful sarcasm* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySoWnxfOnIs ) and I'm glad that scents don't always make people
Escobar's burnt out limousine
It was a blind buy because of the great ratings and because I usually like Tom Fords very much. Freshly unpacked, sprayed on the wrist and found absolutely disgusting at first sight. But in the drydown he somehow got me, the Tom. The addictive potential probably results from the fact that the scent - as Drake has already noted - smells very intensely of cocaine (too intense). In addition comes bitter smoke and tart leather, however, the chemical coke smell simply overlays everything for me (also the often mentioned raspberry) and already causes me with 1 splash headache. After two hours, I not only smell burnt out, I feel burnt out. Even if I like the idea of the fragrance itself, I find it too intensive/chemical/smoky, too exhausting in the long run and therefore rather unbearable.
MMDR
As first impressions can be deceiving...
I was able to purchase Tuscan Leather at the end of last year together with Grand Soir from a perfumo here at a very reasonable price (thanks Steffen), and was more than excited when I finally held the package in my hands. So on the left Tuscan Leather sprayed on, on the right Grand Soir and on both once sniffed. (While I was writing this passage, I held my right wrist to my nose, lost in thought, in the expectation of smelling Grand Soir again there...)
I was thrilled by the olfactory experience on the right - Grand Soir was and is in every respect everything I like about a fragrance. But this is not a comment about Grand Soir, but about Tuscan Leather - so let's focus on the star of the show:
Left wrist held to the nose, breathed deeply (still a little dazed by the grandeur on the right side), and... Nose slightly wrinkled.
"Is this it?" I thought to myself, "That smells like... Mustard?!". A little disappointed I let my left wrist drop, hoping that the scent would change a lot in dry down, but it didn't. Thank God!
Although I didn't like Tuscan Leather that night in November, I somehow had the feeling that this fragrance and I would still be warm. Maybe not right away, but eventually. And I was right, at least partially.
For the change from indignation to love came, but much faster than expected. Because already with the second application a few days later I perceived the scent much more nuanced. What I had previously experienced as a pungent mustard smell suddenly opened up to me as an overwhelmingly pure leather smell with a fruity raspberry finish, and I liked that.
Meanwhile even SO good, that if I could wear only one fragrance for the rest of my life, I would decide for Tuscan Leather without hesitation.
Yes, the fragrance is not easy, it is challenging and not everyone's cup of tea (my girlfriend hasn't quite warmed to it yet either, but she too has the feeling that she might like it soon), but for me it has become - despite a bumpy start - the definitive fragrance for me.
The scent doesn't really change much over time (more leather, less raspberry), but thanks to singular grandeur, it's actually better that way. Durability is great, so is Sillage. Not a compliment monster, but it doesn't have to be one for me, because I don't like to smell any fragrance on myself (and I still do at the end of an 8-hour working day!) like this one (except maybe Oud Satin Mood, but that's a subject for another comment).
All in all 10/10, not a fragrance for everyone, but definitely a fragrance that everyone should have tested.

leather lover
If you love leather and unique creations you must own this its quite - addictive...
also its very strong most man and women like it, but not everybody, i would say its great for winter...
i guess now TF will reformulate it in order to sale intense version...
so stock up bottles..
Only for strong egos
Don't you have a strong ego, don't you know what you're talking about and are trying to fool people and get caught quickly? Then this fragrance is by no means suitable for you.
For he who wears TL knows what he has on the box. A TL wearer has ambitious goals, still wants to be at the top and knows that the door is open for him on his way. Because he just knows what he can do.
And he shows this to his outside world with this fragrance. Those who wear this fragrance set their standard in life at the highest level. No fragrance for people without mature self-confidence. On the other hand, the scent can show you how to see the world from above.

Darkbeat
A groundbreaking concept in its day, today ...
I recently enjoyed Tuscan Leather, and without knowing it, I had in my collection three perfumes that smell similar, Arabi Cana from Kolmaz, Attar Mubakhar from Swiss Arabian and Mukhalat Barq from Swiss Arabian, I guess inspired by him, or not ..., no I know. The fact is that after using these previously, it has not impacted me enough as something new, and I am not convinced of its disbursement, anyway, the aromatic quality that is perceived in Tuscan Leather does not have the others even.

It is a very linear aroma, a leather with many shades, beautiful and elegant, a fruity touch at the beginning exquisite, and a warm background to tan all that cold skin, a groundbreaking and original concept at the time. The perfume, apart from the nonsense of mine for having similar previous aromas, is a wonder, beautiful and very elegant, yes, not very versatile, it is not a perfume for any moment, I see it more for formal or romantic dates, with a duration and wake up very good.

As for your recommendation, I think that, as the market is today, I would not recommend it for its high price, there are perfumes with similar fragrance and quality at a quarter of its price, I know that Tuscan Leather is a perfume of Very high quality, but I don't think it compensates for the disbursement that it implies, in the years of his departure he was more justified, but today, I think not. If you can afford it and you like it, it's great, but if you like its aroma and you can't afford it, you can try perfumes such as: Yuqawam Homme de Rasasi, Leather de Monotheme, Arabi Cana de Kolmaz or Attar Mubakhar de Swiss Arabian, I assure you that, with any of these, the disbursement of Tuscan Leather does not compensate, and with that I do not want to disqualify Tuscan Leather, because it is not so, since the perfume of Tom Ford seems magnificent, I just wanted to contribute some objectivity.
3.5
Leather fetish Only
My beautician's so excited about T.L.. It aroused my curiosity. What does a cool, older, pretty blonde like so much about it -- must smell good, I thought! She uses it as a car scent and then looks forward to driving her car. (There are women who love to smell dog's paws, whether it is similar to leather as well? No, I don't smell it)

Me, rehearsed and then..... Oh dear, such a bitter leather smell. So... where's the raspberry??? Let's see how it mixes. Tataaa ....well really succeeded did not mix it, in my opinion. Alternating between buried and burnt wood soot. The burial lingers longer. Well, it's not mine.
In comparison to TF's Ombre Leather, also a car scent of my beautician, I found the refined leather scent much better. Soft-tart, pleasant, the leather character appears much softer. I'll get a sample of that too!
All in .... and won !
Tuscan Leather. Finally. After about 26 years of egoism. A new smell in my life. Thank you.

How did this happen? After all, I was always happy with Egoiste, no matter what I tested, I didn't like it. Then shortly before my wife's birthday I had the idea to find her a new, very good and expensive perfume. Expensive because it's the same for me.

The next day I felt something like envy in me, not the bad one, but the longing one. I wanted a new fragrance as much as I did. But where to look? I was too lazy to go to the perfumery, too often it was for nothing. So Internet research. On Parfumo, where else. Some Tom Ford scent was in the top 100. Not my thing, but that's how I got his Tuscan Leather.

I've seldom read such a controversial book about a scent. I was interested. Strange, if there's a lot of critical voices, it makes me all the more excited. Raspberry, leather, incense... hmm, there used to be something. Exactly, I remembered that in my childhood I liked to sniff a pair of leather gloves, because it smelled leathery- fruity, raspberry somehow. Long forgotten, but recalled by the descriptions here. Now it was clear I had to have that stuff. Thought twice, hmmm, I'd have to buy it from a retailer. I want the original. 30ml, 50ml, 100ml... phew, that's pretty expensive. But there, 250ml, there was right, especially with my discount code that price/quantity ratio. But still a lot, for a fragrance you don't know.
Anyway, that's when the gambler inside of me came through. All on black, all in, 250ml. Ordered untested. Sometimes I'm really not all there...

The day the package was supposed to come, I was extremely nervous. Then there it was. The box torn open, the box in your hand, foil off, the moment of truth. Suddenly that fear comes back. What if I get nauseous in a minute? So let's go, or I'll never find out. The giant bottle, carefully opened. I see, no spray head. All right, then. A drop of the lid on my hand. What's that? Relieved because there was no nausea. Irritated and surprised, because that's not how I had imagined it. There was nothing sympathetic about it, at that first moment. But it was pretty gross. After about 15 minutes, I suddenly laughed to myself. Suddenly everything was there. Leather, smoke and the raspberry, the sour one. Now I knew I'd won. It was intense, untamed and wild. And it got better and better the longer it was on my skin. That's what I was looking for. That's what a scent must be like. The longer on the skin, the better he gets. This is the correct order.

This will be my scent for the days when it matters. Not everyone likes it's great. I don't want everyone to like me either. But my wife had to like it. And he did. Victory all along the line.

Why the original if there are some good copies? Well, I'm not a copy, I'm an original. Tuscan Leather and I. That fits. We'll be together for a long time. 250ml long. At least.

SweetgrassSweetgrass 9 months ago
Sex in a bottle. Softer than you’d think, but with serious backbone.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
Raspberry, incense and harsh leather with a bit of suede on the side. I like the smoke around and the way it gets better in the drydown.
Mike1337Mike1337 18 months ago
Very strong leather, difficult to smell anything more. Not my kind of thing.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Why would anyone want to smell like luxury leather shoes? My man needs to smell good not like his own boots...

Es blüht im Paradies
by Graybeard
Für Freshs masculin challenge - Männer an den Grill ;)
by Rosie88
by Windspiel
by Windspiel
by ShadyAdwan
by ShadyAdwan
Well to dry, the reason its price for what it offers is too expensive
by Carlossp
by Tiho
by Cezar
by Cezar

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Body Spray) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford