Tuscan Leather 2007Eau de Parfum

Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 11 in Unisex Perfume
Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is leathery-smoky. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesRaspberry, Saffron, Thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Leather, Black suede

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.10.2020.

Presidential Suite...
... you sit on a soft, comfortable leather armchair on the 30th floor of a Five Star Hotel and enjoy the nightly view over the big city. The traffic, the lights, the moonlight... the pleasant wooden smell of the solid wood interior is in the air... the atmosphere is relaxed - the yellowish/orange light shines through the hotel suite in dark brown tones... on the small side table is an espresso, spicy and aromatic.... you just lean back and enjoy the moment.

This is exactly the situation I feel myself in as soon as I apply Tuscan Leather and close my eyes for a short time.

The durability is incredible. Once applied, it fills the entire room you are in, and not just for a short time. On the skin it lasts 8-10 hours, on clothes it lasts much longer. Spicy, woody, smoky, leathery ... perfectly tuned is this masterpiece.

For me, my absolute favourite after Tom Ford Oud Wood, although the latter can take a leaf out of my book when it comes to durability and sillage.
Venice in early autumn
Anyone who has already read one or the other of my comments knows that I love to associate scents with places. My profession very often takes me to different corners of Europe and the world. As a perfumer you wear fragrances everywhere and try out new ones. Keyword -> Duty Free. After testing the Tuscan Letaler at Dubai airport and a week later in Madrid-Barjas, I knew that it had to be added to my collection. But as it is often the case in professional life, you always have your head everywhere but nowhere and Tuscan Leather moved in with me as a birthday present only half a year later. As a summer child I simply didn't find the scent suitable for the evening of my birthday and decided to buy a blue Tom Ford bottle. So Tuscan Leather went back into the showcase and should stay there for a while.

Corona has the wanderlust and partial freedom to travel of the Germans this year clearly under control and planned large holidays did not come about. Instead I went to Vienna for a few days of deceleration. The next point of contact with Tuscan Leather should follow. At summery temperatures only Mandarino di Amalfi and Soleil Blanc found their way into the hand luggage and still Tuscan Leather was applied again at Munich Airport. Again I liked the scent and was attracted to a luxurious alternative. Shortly before departure we wanted to get some souvenirs and we ended up in the local Louis Vuitton, where we were allowed to test Ombre Nomade. Delicious... i thought. But no Tuscan Leather. With the LV scent I just missed the simple structure of the Tom Ford scent
Back in Germany, and with a lot of frustration about the weather, she finally got the chance... the chance my 50ml bottle of Tuscan Leather was waiting for. I sprayed it on and had 1000 pictures in front of my eyes and again and again the need to fly away. No wonder with the duty free adventures I have had so far with the fragrance. The sweet and really tasty raspberry, which accompanies the fragrance for a long time, I associated from now on with boarding a plane and the goal to travel into the sun. In the evening I lay on the couch at home and sniffed my wrist. From here on it was clear to me that I must finally smell this scent in a suitable place! A short time later a short trip to Venice was booked and my comment only makes sense. Arrived at mild 23 degrees and sunshine my Tom Ford companion knew how to score directly. I spent three really great days in Venice and wherever I smelled, Tuscan Leather got into my nose.

A really simply structured fragrance. Light leather, smoky hints and a fruity raspberry make this fragrance an allrounder for any time of day. Now every time I apply Tuscan Leather, I think of delicious aperol, great food, blue water and colorful alleys.

Conclusion:
A potent, durable companion for the modern man who also likes to stand out a little. Familiar TF quality with chords of southern fantasies.
Catatafish92
I'm gonna hop on the hype train
Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford.... one of the first niche fragrances that made it into my showcase - and that as a blind purchase.

Was that clever?
Probably not, because in this price segment one should generally refrain from blind purchases. But the fragrances of the perfume and the comments here on parfumo made me so curious that I simply hit the jackpot for a bigger discount campaign.

But Tuscan Leather is definitely such a candidate, who wants and needs to be tested extensively before buying.
Why? He's polarizing! And like no other in my collection.
With no other fragrance have I received so many positive and negative reactions so often. But even if not everyone likes it, I have the feeling that my shoulders get a little wider with every spray ;). The strong Sillage stands like a second person in the room.

To the fragrance itself: I smell leather, of course. But not "old-fashioned", not pungent....but elegant, modern and soft. A bit smoky. In addition, I and my untrained nose perceive something that could be incense and thyme.
Everything is rounded off by a very beautiful raspberry, which is present from the beginning and gets better and better over time.
The raspberry makes the whole thing seem so incredibly harmonious and round that I would like to carry the fragrance around the whole year. But this could backfire in summer...
In any case a fragrance for the slightly cooler days and for special occasions.

I have often read that the Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton is said to have a certain similarity to TL. If this is true I can't judge, but I will test it in the near future.

But until then Tuscan Leather gets 10 points from me as the first fragrance!

Well done, Mr. Ford.
Beyond any doubt...
I first came into the pleasure of testing Tuscan Leather about a year ago. On the way in a noble department store in Hamburg, I tried the scents and finally got stuck at the Tom Ford stand. Until then I had only seen a few TF scents, including Oud Wood, Tobacco Vanilla, Noir Extreme etc. Tuscan Leather, on the other hand, was not listed by most chains, not surprisingly, since it is a very polarizing DNA and certainly not everyone wants to smell like Tuscan leather. But before that I had heard some opinions, there were associations with cocaine, burnt tires, cigarette butts and mustard... So it would have to be an interesting smell, no matter if I would like it or not.
So get it on your wrist!
About the fragrance: Tuscan Leather starts with the famous sour raspberry, very harsh and engaging. Shortly afterwards a touch of saffron is added, which takes the edge off. After a few minutes the smoky note also comes out. So far a very harmonious, though idiosyncratic composition. Of course the whole event is underlined by the leather. This also comes along very raw, but makes the scent even more harmonious.
I cannot hear sweetness in the complete fragrance process, but that doesn't bother me any further.

Shelf life and silage are enormous!
First on the wrist a Tuscan Leather does not let go. Even after I left the department store I could perceive the scent at regular intervals. Also a spray was enough to flood the whole interior of my car, so that my girlfriend had to lower the window (to my sorrow). The next day, after the morning shower, TL was also still on my wrist.

On the occasion of the outstanding performance it is advisable to use Tuscan Leather only in a well dosed way. Of course it depends on the respective situation. In general I see it to an elegant suit as well as to a leather jacket. Also it is not necessarily something for very young people
The wearer should underline the character of the fragrance and vice versa. Tuscan Leather definitely goes forward and pulls its wearer along with it. To do justice to him requires a lot of self-confidence and assertiveness. You should not give too much consideration to the opinion of others if you decide to wear Tuscan Leather and look authentic. It is definitely a scent that can be offensive. Under certain circumstances it makes its wearer look arrogant and above any self-doubt. An image that I find impressive in any case. In this respect, I can also understand the associations with cocaine, especially since TL is also a bit chemical.

In conclusion, I consider Tuscan Leather to be an extremely refined fragrance. Only rarely do scents manage to leave such a detailed impression. Unfortunately I personally often miss the occasions to wear it. Therefore I only have a 10ml filling in my house. I also bought the more tamed alternative, Ombré Leather This adds, to the typical Tuscan Leather DNA, a pleasant sweetness and makes the whole thing much more wearable. Unfortunately, OL is much more linear than its predecessor, which bores me a bit with time.

LG
A role model for many
Tuscan Leather is for me the epitome of the new leather fragrances. What Tom Ford created in 2007 is undeniably a great fragrance, because otherwise there wouldn't have been so many imitations and similarly positioned fragrances. Before 2007, did anyone hear of leather scents with basically fruit? Or how much new leather scents were represented before? Weren't they rather scents for which a Knize, a Bel Ami and what they are all called, stand? All of which I think are great, by the way.
This is certainly an interesting discussion, but I might write a longer blog about it in time, because I already got to know one or the other leather-loving perfume here.

Today we're going to talk about Tuscan Leather, the reference scent. So many people own it according to the statistics, but rather less feel compelled to comment. Sure, a lot has been said and every few months someone else comments, but that doesn't stop anyone at Aventus and its partners. Before I finally bought the scent, I read things like "burnt out car", "heroin" and all the other things TL should smell like. First of all, it doesn't smell like that unless you're looking for a superlative for a fragrance that you don't have anything else to do with. Secondly, who wants to smell like that? I imagine it's amusing when you're stopped by the police: "Do you carry drugs?" "No, officer." "I can smell it all over me! And you burned the car, you firebug! Get out of the car and get down on the ground! "It's just my perfume "Get out of the car! Harry, I'm in desperate need of backup. I've got a firebug and a drug king Me, now lying on the floor: "It's only Tuscan Leather...TUSCAN LEATHERRRRR!"

So, let's come to the fragrance: it starts with a raspberry, which is not very sweet and fruity, but rather fruity and tart. This is a clear difference compared to the often quoted La Yuqawam. It is rather fruity lighter, the raspberry seems more ripe. The effect results from the use of thyme, in TL this plays a clear role, the result is finely balanced. This is exactly where imitations often fail, see Enigma by Wajid Farah.

What to some then appears to be a burnt wagon, on closer inspection is merely the subtle interplay between head and heart notes. The thyme becomes increasingly aromatic, appears slightly roasted, which has a very intense effect. This now meets leather, which appears well smoked by the incense. Likewise we have the smoked plant Davana with us, which contributes here likewise something sweetness. This sweetness complements the raspberry, which now appears milder and changes its image with the Davana. All in all wonderfully harmonious.

This may be too much for some people, because the scent is very extreme. It is intense, no question. Even my first contact with it was not without it. Anyway, TL becomes tamer afterwards, at some point pleasant leather smells through without great entourage. It's a long way until then, because both durability and sillage are extraordinary. I personally appreciate the intensity and density of the fragrance.

Of course, some cheaper fragrances come close to TL but not in this intensity and density. LY is often called the rougher of the two. TL than the suit scent. Sure, I can wear TL in the office but the much stronger raspberry doesn't make LY look wilder but fruitier. But somehow the price has to justify itself. For me one of the best representatives of the new leather generation and maybe one of the fragrances that made other great creations like AdPs Leather or Bois 1920 Oro possible but that's pure speculation. Anyway, I found my way to leather through these fragrances and only then through the old classics.
Elite instead of exclusive
A friend of mine, who doesn't know anything about perfumes, asked me some time ago which fragrance I would recommend to him. He was a very clichéd black-metalian. Pretty skinny, long hair, always wearing a homemade frock and metal shirts (all band logos illegible). All in all quite pretty, terribly convinced of himself and his taste in music and also otherwise equipped with one or the other not so useful character trait. But... quite pretty. Of course I immediately came across Tuscan Leather.

The fragrant trve-evil-elitaire-everything-other-than-nette black metal. Sorry about all the snobs, you should wear ombre leather, it's nice anyway.
I like Tuscan Leather a little better. I like this rough. There's a smoky, scuffed leather all over the fragrance. And that's where you're guaranteed to be noticed. In the beginning I also smell a bit of raspberry (much more subtle than Ombre Leather 16). And then in the base a little bit of amber and charred wood. Not much more happens here. Tuscan Leather is not a complicated scent, not a trace of elegance, not a gentleman. Tuscan Leather is for those who want to stand out and show their arrogance to anyone who crosses their path. Actually not people I like to have around me, but the scent still has something very attractive for me. It's funny... such a nice scent, but the person I see wearing it is someone I don't even like. Do you know something like that?

I only have the limited edition Ombre Leather 16, which I can still use as a comparison, the now regular OImber Leather I don't know, I don't know how the two differ. Anyway, Ombre Leather 16 is the nice sibling of Tuscan Leather. The two scents are similar, but OL16 has a much softer leather and I can clearly see the jasmine. The scents are very similar, but they are completely different in character. Tuscan Leather is abysmally beautiful, elitist and aloof, Ombre Leather 16 is more affectionate, elegant, friendly, exclusive.

Tuscan Leather is a phenomenon of a fragrance, an irresistible unsympathetic. I'm going to wallow in it for a while now, listen to the right music (Trve norwegian Black-Metal, everyone who listens to that is automatically better than the rest of the world *be careful sarcasm* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySoWnxfOnIs ) and I'm glad that scents don't always make people
Escobar's burnt out limousine
It was a blind buy because of the great ratings and because I usually like Tom Fords very much. Freshly unpacked, sprayed on the wrist and found absolutely disgusting at first sight. But in the drydown he somehow got me, the Tom. The addictive potential probably results from the fact that the scent - as Drake has already noted - smells very intensely of cocaine (too intense). In addition comes bitter smoke and tart leather, however, the chemical coke smell simply overlays everything for me (also the often mentioned raspberry) and already causes me with 1 splash headache. After two hours, I not only smell burnt out, I feel burnt out. Even if I like the idea of the fragrance itself, I find it too intensive/chemical/smoky, too exhausting in the long run and therefore rather unbearable.
MMDR
As first impressions can be deceiving...
I was able to purchase Tuscan Leather at the end of last year together with Grand Soir from a perfumo here at a very reasonable price (thanks Steffen), and was more than excited when I finally held the package in my hands. So on the left Tuscan Leather sprayed on, on the right Grand Soir and on both once sniffed. (While I was writing this passage, I held my right wrist to my nose, lost in thought, in the expectation of smelling Grand Soir again there...)
I was thrilled by the olfactory experience on the right - Grand Soir was and is in every respect everything I like about a fragrance. But this is not a comment about Grand Soir, but about Tuscan Leather - so let's focus on the star of the show:
Left wrist held to the nose, breathed deeply (still a little dazed by the grandeur on the right side), and... Nose slightly wrinkled.
"Is this it?" I thought to myself, "That smells like... Mustard?!". A little disappointed I let my left wrist drop, hoping that the scent would change a lot in dry down, but it didn't. Thank God!
Although I didn't like Tuscan Leather that night in November, I somehow had the feeling that this fragrance and I would still be warm. Maybe not right away, but eventually. And I was right, at least partially.
For the change from indignation to love came, but much faster than expected. Because already with the second application a few days later I perceived the scent much more nuanced. What I had previously experienced as a pungent mustard smell suddenly opened up to me as an overwhelmingly pure leather smell with a fruity raspberry finish, and I liked that.
Meanwhile even SO good, that if I could wear only one fragrance for the rest of my life, I would decide for Tuscan Leather without hesitation.
Yes, the fragrance is not easy, it is challenging and not everyone's cup of tea (my girlfriend hasn't quite warmed to it yet either, but she too has the feeling that she might like it soon), but for me it has become - despite a bumpy start - the definitive fragrance for me.
The scent doesn't really change much over time (more leather, less raspberry), but thanks to singular grandeur, it's actually better that way. Durability is great, so is Sillage. Not a compliment monster, but it doesn't have to be one for me, because I don't like to smell any fragrance on myself (and I still do at the end of an 8-hour working day!) like this one (except maybe Oud Satin Mood, but that's a subject for another comment).
All in all 10/10, not a fragrance for everyone, but definitely a fragrance that everyone should have tested.

leather lover
If you love leather and unique creations you must own this its quite - addictive...
also its very strong most man and women like it, but not everybody, i would say its great for winter...
i guess now TF will reformulate it in order to sale intense version...
so stock up bottles..
Only for strong egos
Don't you have a strong ego, don't you know what you're talking about and are trying to fool people and get caught quickly? Then this fragrance is by no means suitable for you.
For he who wears TL knows what he has on the box. A TL wearer has ambitious goals, still wants to be at the top and knows that the door is open for him on his way. Because he just knows what he can do.
And he shows this to his outside world with this fragrance. Those who wear this fragrance set their standard in life at the highest level. No fragrance for people without mature self-confidence. On the other hand, the scent can show you how to see the world from above.

IrfanIrfan 8 days ago
Amazing Smoky Leathery fragrance. Perfect for winter for keeping warm and cozy.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 13 days ago
Tuscan Leather opens with a nice leathery scent. Then it becomes more like suede with raspberry and smoke. Good performance.
CnFCnF 20 days ago
High class in a bottle. Perfume not suitable for everyone. Best after 30 yrs. Intense, powerful, opulent. Extreme performance, be carefull
SweetgrassSweetgrass 13 months ago
Sex in a bottle. Softer than you’d think, but with serious backbone.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 18 months ago
Raspberry, incense and harsh leather with a bit of suede on the side. I like the smoke around and the way it gets better in the drydown.
Mike1337Mike1337 21 months ago
Very strong leather, difficult to smell anything more. Not my kind of thing.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
Why would anyone want to smell like luxury leather shoes? My man needs to smell good not like his own boots...

Es blüht im Paradies
by Graybeard
Für Freshs masculin challenge - Männer an den Grill ;)
by Rosie88
by Windspiel
by Windspiel
by ShadyAdwan
by ShadyAdwan
Well to dry, the reason its price for what it offers is too expensive
by Carlossp
by Cezar
by Arsi
by Arsi

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford