Velvet Orchid (2014)Eau de Parfum

Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Honey, Mandarin Orpur®, Vanilla
Heart Notes Heart NotesCattleya orchid, Jasmine absolute, Magnolia, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Myrrh Orpur®, Sandalwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 26.07.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Gigi Hadid.

The Personality-Split Counterpart
Velvet Orchid calmly regards it as the therapeutic version of the whimsical black orchid, which is known to be extremely persistent and loud. Especially, however, she captivates with her apparently split personality, which is characterized by the fact that her environment is sometimes enchanted by her lovely appearance, only to be thrown with dirt and filth a few minutes later.

A personality-divided counterpart can cause amazement, curiosity, even admiration, but also rejection and the seizure of flight with his appearance, which is not exactly everyday for others. And at some point the other person himself or his environment realises that help is urgently needed in order to survive in everyday life and not to be too pushed by others and to experience rejection. The loveliness may be perfectly o.k., but bystanders do not expect to be thrown with that already mentioned filth a little later, even if our counterpart with his split personality and the automatically accompanying corners and edges might exert his charm on so many contemporaries. So let the unpredictable counterpart do a therapy and help him to his happiness - for more social participation. It's gonna take a few years, but it's gonna have to be taken.

After eight years of painstaking therapy, we have supported the other person to the effect that he or she pays particular attention to his or her appearance. The naughty, for many so repulsive character traits could be reduced as far as possible. Occasionally they do still flash through, but that cannot be avoided, because it does not get rid of his kind so completely. This has to be put right. Point.
Furthermore, we have managed to ensure that the personality-segregated counterpart now pays more attention to his appearance. The times of unkemptiness, musty clothes and being unwashed are over. The fact that shampoo is used after all these years might be one of the main reasons for this change towards the well-founded. One was discovered with a discreet and therefore pleasant honey aroma. I wonder if it would have used this one before? That is and remains speculation.
We can generally say that his performance is now much cleaner and doesn't let the noses of bystanders wrinkle anymore. But as already stated, we do not get the past of the counterpart out of him in its entirety. For too long, it probably had a formative character. The goal was nevertheless achieved. Our counterpart can now dare to be among the people, less paranoid, to have a seizure at any time and to let his environment look fascinated or escape in disgust. A few curious looks are nevertheless thrown at him from time to time, but this is nothing that would be unpleasant - quite the opposite.
More like withered orchid
In my imagination Velvet Orchid is a beautiful summer scent for me. I like Tom Ford fragrances in general, the individual notes read well and I also like to hold up the honey flag here. So far so good - every year, when it gets warmer again, I try it again with Velvet Orchid. And I'd love to love him so much. Unfortunately the fragrance is unbearable for me for the first 2-3 hours. And even though this phase is over, I'm still far from finding it fabulous.
The opening smells so musty, dusty and dirty for me that I would really like to wash Velvet Orchid off again (which turns out to be very difficult if you try). My nose seems to skip the honey, instead I perceive old, dried up flowers lying on a compost heap. There's such a sultry sweetness about that, if I try, I can hear the flies buzzing around. (Ok, a little I exaggerate perhaps.)
Too bad it didn't work out with us again. You won't be my summer scent in 2018. See you next year!

Adoration
Adoration comes to mind when experiencing this magical lady. She is so smooth and round. Velvet Orchid is the perfect name for her, even though I think she is more velvety than flowery. I can't keep my nose off my wrists when I am wearing her. She belonged to my top 5 fragrances, until I made the acquaintance of Dolce Gabbana pour Femme, and now I had to bump Velvet Orchid off into my top 10 list. But she is still a very important lady to me.

~ Velvet Touch ~
~ Where TFBO notes greet my nose and evokes images of a dark, mysterious and oh so alluring woman. The new "Velvet" is just that an elegant lady with a velvet touch and pure class! Orchid, honey and magnolia announce her presence as she arrives in her evening gown and modest tasteful jewelry of rose and jasmine. Her designer high heels are those of a long lingering vanilla and sandlewood. She has come to charm and her longevity remains well past midnight at the formal ball in the sweet floral sillage of feminine beauty!

Kind Regards, Plat ~

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 18 months ago
Sexy perfume. Love it!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 22 months ago
Deep, sexy and involving, a typical night or fall-winter perfume for a very feminin and sophisticated woman . Quite good sillage

by Zelena
by ChatonNoir
by FrauMö
by FrauMö

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford