Venetian Bergamot 2015

Venetian Bergamot by Tom Ford
Venetian Bergamot is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-citrusy. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean
AmberAmber
CashmereCashmere

Submitted by Michael, last update on 27.12.2021.

FabianO
Hopes destroyed - expectant name, at the end a (sad-)flower-heavy suntan lotion
No, I know I can't in most cases on Tom Ford. I've had that insight for some time. Much so pumped up, so American overloaded, without the casualness of French or Italian fragrances, although Mr Ford mostly uses regions of these countries for his fragrances.

But here I thought at least that it could have been something joyful-Mediterranean at the end. But one must probably understand the "Venetian" in the sense of man "death in Venice" or - as loewenherz mentions below - the "gondolas carrying grief".

Yeah, the name-giving bergamot's a bad joke. Exactly - I have looked at the clock - 17 seconds holds with me after spraying on a joyful citric pleasure, inviting, Mediterranean, summery.

And then - bääääng!!! It's over. A floral composition of gardenia, ylang ylang and magnolia, which is unfortunately desperately obtrusive, comes to the fore with such affectation and narcissism that it hurts. By that I don't mean that the air would be loud - compared to other screaming "Hi! Everything fine, guys!!!!" Fords this one is quite fine, at best a bit louder than a suntan lotion.

And then comes the bowing to my title. A sun milk, composed of these obtrusively smelling flowers, which are rather mourning pile than wedding arrangement, cool, a little dull, accompanied by (unfortunately) some stubborn Pepperwood (TM!), which weaves a milky synthetic veil underneath.

No, I can't do anything with it - maybe the ladies in particular have a slightly different view of it - but unisex I don't perceive it either, but rather clearly feminine. No picture of me, I'm afraid. I really don't.
Augusto
If the citrus scent can be a little heavier...
The peppered prelude pleases AugustA immediately. It becomes ultratrocken briefly, then comes the juicy bergamot, draws the pepperiness to itself and gets immediately something slightly floral. Ylang Ylang pushes himself from below into the top note. And gardenia.

Through the Venetian mask flash mysterious looks.

The Sillage takes up space like a velvet coat, which is thrown around the shoulders with a swing. The gardenia is seriously seductive and in combination with the radiantly sparkling bergamot it cannot become oppressive, the overall impression remains a little coquettish at first. But little by little the scent gets a little melancholy.
That's something for the evening or when the citrus scent can be a little heavier.
I take a quick look around to see if we suddenly have heavy brocade wallpaper on the walls. Uff, no.

Then the heaviness recedes, it becomes fresher again, brighter, but no less meaningful, you get a hunch of powder behind the mask.

Soon it becomes quiet in the fragrance, but it retains a subtle charm. A velvety floral scent remains over the delicate woody base and a hint of bergamot until the end.

A semi-dramatic composition, which unfortunately becomes a bit quiet in the end, but maybe it's better that way, because I like it that way.
Especially the shimmer.
1.5

Flavorite
I Said I Loved You, But I Lied...
Full disclosure: I tested 4 Tom Fords last week within 2 hours. This was the first applied and I was wild for it at the beginning! Springlike magnolia breeze and just a tiny wisp of buttery gardenia, with a gentleness and never overwhelming Earl Grey note. I sensed a dull steady woody backbone, wearing a spicy ginger suit. My initial reaction was "Ummm...creamy, yet fresh...definitely Unisex, easily a 3-season signature scent...sold!" Then as I contemplated the infamous Tom Ford price tags, and let the scent open up on my arm, that cashmere and sandalwood base became louder and more insistent "Hey Girl, Can I have your number?", it began to shout. I felt that sudden sense of annoyance I have experienced with Illuminum's "Bergamot Blossom" and Lubin's "Nuit de Longchamp". None of these are bombastic, cheaply acquired, all are substantial and display masterful work...but as inexplicably as a heartfelt ballad by Michael Bolton, these three scents just get on my nerves, literally. What was happening to my 'Precious' was it a malvolent Sauron in disguise? I wondered on to test TF's "Shanghai Lily" on paper and then gave "Champaca Absolute" a second testing on my other arm. Meanwhile chatting away about fragrance with the SR and how "Neroli Portofino" is my go-to summer fragrance but I can't bare it when it is cold and grey and I am filled with bitter tears...30 minutes flew by like 10. Back to the Venetian Bergamot, now fully warm and fully developed on my arm, I went from Love to definitely not happening in the span of an hour. But you can't knock a guy for trying. The good news is that if you are looking for an effervescent splash of ginger, not unlike Origins "Ginger Essence", to chaperon a dry woody bergamot-centric main event with notes of light fresh magnolia dancing about, this will provide adequate sillage of 6-8 hours, fairly close to the skin and without compromising on quality ingredients. It's perfectly fine really, just not perfect enough for me.

Blako11Blako11 8 months ago
Muy primaveral. Bergamota fiel y buena estela. En mi caso una compra a ciegas pero la recomiendo oler primero.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Fantastic bergamot! ...for about ten minutes. Then it is pure sandalwood, cashmere and amber. False marketing.

by Luisen
by Luisen
by JazzClub
by JazzClub

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford