Vert d'Encens 2016

Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford
Vert d'Encens is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is green-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Frankincense, Pine resin, Fir balsam, Lavender, Basil, Lemon, Bergamot, Heliotrope, Cardamom, Jasmine, Tree sap, Boxwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 18.10.2020.

Pollita
The chapel at the edge of the forest

On one of my running tracks there is a small chapel, which is located quite exactly between my home town and the neighbouring town. Many years ago this corner of Baden-Württemberg was still well populated. Now there are only meadows and woods and a lonely farm. The chapel is small and yet so beautiful. It is said that during the Advent season it is always beautifully decorated and the citizens always put up a uniquely beautiful nativity scene.

I know the chapel only as a point on my running course. I come up a slight climb, next to me fields of wheat and corn and freshly mown meadows. Numerous bushes and shrubs can be found along the way, before I turn around the corner directly at the creek and see the beautiful, old, small chapel. It goes uphill for another piece and I am in the dark forest with a lot of conifers, where I continue walking to the neighbouring village. On a good day, and if I have the time, I walk up to a ruin, which is one of the popular outflow destinations here at the eaves.

All the impressions that this route to the small chapel at the edge of the forest evokes in me are manifested figuratively when I sniff Vert d'Encens. In the beginning, the scent is so wonderfully green and fresh as if I was walking across a freshly mowed meadow. I also have the impression of hay or straw, which I ascribe to the lavender and the flowers. In addition there are some darker, slightly bitter notes that make me think of bushes and shrubs. The fir balm and pine resin soon become noticeable - I enter the dark forest. And at the edge of the forest, there is the beautiful chapel, which I can clearly see in front of me because of the incense scent.

Vert d'Encens is a contemplative fragrance. It combines the fresh, green notes of nature with light incense, which brings a slightly sacred character. For me, it's more of an odour than a perfume, but fragrances for such contemplative moments shouldn't be missing in a perfumed life. I could imagine Vert d'Encens being wonderful on a relaxing Sunday or a holiday. For my nose, it's perfect in any season.

For me one of the finest fragrances from the house of Ford so far. Lovers of Trudon II should definitely have a look at this one too. Unfortunately Vert d'Encens is to be discontinued, which I can't really understand again.

Many thanks to AdAstra72 for the sample.

Vert d'Encens
Incense spectacular, green, balsamic, and even an earthy tint, original without doubt, had not smelled such a green and natural incense until now, simply amazing.

The exit is green green, where you can see the fir and pine with an amazing naturalness, it is like when you place the Christmas tree and after having been touching the branches and needles, you smell your hands, and that green and natural smell that gets impregnated, it's what it smells like to me. This beginning lasts a sigh, and at the moment the incense and resins appear, sweetening the green notes, which do not disappear after this beginning, recreating a green, very natural aroma, with a precious resinous sweetness, in which they begin to distinguish the first blows of a spectacular incense. Gradually the green notes begin to decay and the incense takes possession of the aroma, which, together with the resins and a very delicate floral reflection, speak of the East and its stories, offering us a sweetly resinous and fragile floral fragrance with a veil beautiful background woody. In its final phase the wood feels more, feeling a resinous incense on a woody background, almost dusty, fine, elegant and full of mystery.

Very good performance, in skin it is maintained for more than 8 or 9 hours with few sprays, its wake is moderate high at the beginning and then it goes to moderate, and although it is not exaggerated, it marks presence very dignified. As for its use, I see it more appropriate for cold and temperate seasons and for the night, although it would also not fall apart on a cool winter or autumn morning.

It has been a perfume that I loved, with a magnificent quality, but with an important tare, its price, although, if you can afford it, the perfume is highly recommended, but, if not, you better not smell it, because You'll want to have it and it really hurts your pocket hehehe.
An olfactory journey
What do we have there then, for a long time I have been adamant to try out this fragrance, because needle fragrance is not necessarily among my favorites and I always inevitably have to think of "Arbre Magique Pino" from my childhood, this miracle tree which hung in every car of the 80s and had stunk terribly. But this scent has as little to do with the Christmas tree from my youth as Tom Ford has with Mustang. Green is the motto here, or rather green incense, and this name fits like a fist on the eye. A splash of this elegant little water on my skin unleashes a green-citric scent that at first reminds me of pinimenthol paired with candied lemon peel, but disappears within a few minutes. Afterwards a pleasant mix of incense, benzoin, bitter almond and bux tree spreads out, the citric undertone remains easily perceptible. My nose wanders again and again towards my forearm to sniff out this mixture of green and resinous essences. I have light sweet but also fresh and earthy notes (is this the cardamom?) which are so densely interwoven that they result in a beautiful composition. This fragrance actually reminds me of Christmas, Christmas in Italy, where I enter a monastery where a festively decorated flu (preseppe) decorated with moss and pine branches welcomes the visitors. Incense burns somewhere in the vaulted monastery church and impregnates the air with incense, accompanied by a discreetly perceptible smell of old porous damp walls and dusty old wood.

Do you know that, you come into a room or building that has a certain smell, you suck up the air inside you until it tickles in your jaw and you find it pleasantly even soothing almost intoxicating, you just want to absorb more of that smell in you? That's how I feel about Vert d'Encens, this fragrance conjures up images in my head and awakens memories of the past, revives the old as if it were happening at that moment, not many perfumes can do that!

But now I have digressed a bit, actually I wanted to describe the scent.
In the middle with me so from one hour I perceive less and less of the green, it becomes gourmandig I smell marzipan some vanilla candied violets that rebel against the resinous one. These chords then fly away after another hour and it comes to a very nice ending which turns into a soft-powdery-balsamic scent on my skin, which gradually becomes weaker and weaker.

I have found here a new favourite fragrance which is not worn everyday but in a special way
DarkWinterCS
Dip the Christmas tree into the chocolate fondue !
Vert DÉncens was THE green fragrance from the Private Blend Collection that I really wanted to test, as it convinced me the most of his scents and comments so far. While the others are said to have a lot of flowers in them, this one is more likely to have this oriental touch, which deliberately irritated me. Because with Tannenbalsam there is also a note on the agenda, which is one of my favourites. Especially in one of my favorites, the Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Eau de Parfum, the fir balm comes together with leather and wood in the direction I love so much.

Vert DÉncens is a fragrance that feels like it imitates a fragrance from the 80s, but has a more modern look and clever combination. Tom Ford typical > Modern plus retro. Because it is a green scent with coniferous wood, resin and some herbaceous things. Add some smoke with a delicate spice. But what makes this fragrance so special is its perceptible chocolate note. This comes from the background and becomes more intense the more and more directly you sniff out the scent. Because to me, this perfume is the same as Tobacco Vanilla. As soon as you want to test and sniff like a truffle pig, the intensity becomes very rampant and leaves hardly any air to breathe. The chocolate note then comes with the fist on the table so that it lies down in the nose and no longer disappears so quickly. I smelled very intensely on my arm about 10 times, after that I felt a little sick and I didn't get the scent out of my nasal mucosa anymore. The evening was relatively fast for me.

If you like this combination, please test it. I can hardly describe how to draw a comparison. In hindsight I would say it smells like an extremely sweet After Eight with a resinous touch. Sticky, woody and spicy - also certainly with a uniqueness. For me, however, like Tobacco Vanilla, a somewhat too intense fragrance, which is dominant, strong and sweet.

I would have been happy about less chocolate with this fragrance and would have resorted more to leather or mint. This would have been less off the beaten track, but more catchy and balanced.
Leimbacher
Green behind the ears, starting the forest engines
Green incense, Ford knows how he calls his scents that fits,
because at this tannigem high stand one makes only too gladly rest.

Ford himself doesn't fit into any dense forest for me,
he'd rather buy a whole piece of his massive salary.

But "Vert d'Encens" connects fir needles with a smoky witch's house,
in it I cuddle and cuddle, a little mouse whispered to me.

You can hardly believe that you can clean up such a woody-green smell,
but Tom Ford is even in the Black Forest in a suit his husband.

Resinous trees, natural woods - and yet smell like a million marks,
i would be crazy to say this green smokey wouldn't be exceptionally strong.

Safe without real edges and very smooth drawn,
to say that it was a Botox forest, however, would be overly lied.

But it's a forest that's more likely to be in L.A. than Braunschweig,
but you still find enough green if you sput yourself.

Like a fir tree, decorated by Ford and covered with wafer-thin chocolate,
there have today some nose flights bent out of interest and delight.

Who still owns the Adidas "Active Bodies", will inevitably discover similarities,
Ford just knows what treasures hardly anyone knows, after which he can stretch out his grippers.

Who wants to have a nice pine tree around the year in the neck,
should pick the lock on his vault.

Resinous - fresh aromatic - terpenic
Vert d'Encens is an amusing incense, that presents serious face of smoke mixed with jovial floral notes. The core still carries floral and newly cut woody tone, uplifted with a comfortable catholic coniferous incense. The only thing I obsess is this perfume verges to ambiance odor rather to be a personal fine fragrance, which is a common feature in all members of Les Extraits Vert.
3/5

BertolucciKBertolucciK 50 days ago
I am in a forest. Pines, firs and citrus in the opening. Then there is lavender, jasmine, spiced with cardamon. Everything cover in incense

Vielen Dank für alle Auszeichnungen und die netten Kommentare! :)
by Kovex
by CubaMike
by Oscarsh86
by Oscarsh86

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford