Vert d'Encens (2016)

Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Vert d'Encens is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is green-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Frankincense, Pine resin, Fir balsam, Lavender, Basil, Lemon, Bergamot, Heliotrope, Cardamom, Jasmine, Tree sap, Boxwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 27.10.2019

8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Jakobolino
The green Ford, please...
I greet all dear readers of this commentary. (Unliebe there are none).
First of all again many, many thanks to the readers of my last comment and the extremely nice feedback I received. The actor lives for the applause and the guild writing here from your answers. What would man be without recognition?!

As announced, unfortunately I cannot write as often and as much as I would like to. However, fate has struck in the form of one, and I quote here literally the attending physician, male flu stage 4 with acute jammeritis. I can't understand this diagnosis.
Be that as it may, my tightly clocked time management has been loosened a bit and enables me to write another, unusual fragrance experience.

I thought Tom Ford was great. A fatal encounter with OudWood at the beginning of my addiction was the decisive factor. I still like the smell today, but the durability is miserable and so my dream that everything that comes from Mr.Ford is good was suddenly destroyed. The next candidate Tuscan Leather was also love at second sight and this love has remained.

And then came Vert d'Encens! After I put on the said scent, my face derailed. What's that? What's that? Smoke like soup green. That's not possible. My first thought, I'm gonna look at how he cut off like that. Super, incredibly good, etc. just to quote a few opinions. Now I stood there. Am I being weird, or are they all nuts? Well, he flew into the corner and I forgot him until that fateful day when I remembered him again.

It was winter. I was fiddling with the PC and somehow didn't feel like it, and at all: I was just in a bad mood. From an incomprehensible inner urge I gave the green cucumber another chance and sprayed it onto my wrist. Yeah, urgs, that's how I remembered you. I kept working and forgot the scent. Only, strangely enough, my mood got better and better. And so good that I started to wonder. Suddenly it fell like scales from my eyes. Vert d'Encens ! And indeed this one sprayer on my wrist had created an aura of well-being around me and sneaked unnoticed through my nose into my brain to kick the messenger substances in the butt.
I was simply speechless.

If any of you do not know the scent, here is a short description. Green herbs that blend with vanilla over time. <font color="#ffff00">-=That´s=- sync:ßÇÈâÈâ But beautifully done, finely woven. A class of its own.

Durability and Sillage are according to the price very good.

I would like to conclude with a little thought-provoking reminder. I will never judge a fragrance prematurely again because every fragrance deserves a second chance. And not always,but sometimes it turns into love.

Your Jakobolino

An olfactory journey
What do we have there then, for a long time I have been adamant to try out this fragrance, because needle fragrance is not necessarily among my favorites and I always inevitably have to think of "Arbre Magique Pino" from my childhood, this miracle tree which hung in every car of the 80s and had stunk terribly. But this scent has as little to do with the Christmas tree from my youth as Tom Ford has with Mustang. Green is the motto here, or rather green incense, and this name fits like a fist on the eye. A splash of this elegant little water on my skin unleashes a green-citric scent that at first reminds me of pinimenthol paired with candied lemon peel, but disappears within a few minutes. Afterwards a pleasant mix of incense, benzoin, bitter almond and bux tree spreads out, the citric undertone remains easily perceptible. My nose wanders again and again towards my forearm to sniff out this mixture of green and resinous essences. I have light sweet but also fresh and earthy notes (is this the cardamom?) which are so densely interwoven that they result in a beautiful composition. This fragrance actually reminds me of Christmas, Christmas in Italy, where I enter a monastery where a festively decorated flu (preseppe) decorated with moss and pine branches welcomes the visitors. Incense burns somewhere in the vaulted monastery church and impregnates the air with incense, accompanied by a discreetly perceptible smell of old porous damp walls and dusty old wood.

Do you know that, you come into a room or building that has a certain smell, you suck up the air inside you until it tickles in your jaw and you find it pleasantly even soothing almost intoxicating, you just want to absorb more of that smell in you? That's how I feel about Vert d'Encens, this fragrance conjures up images in my head and awakens memories of the past, revives the old as if it were happening at that moment, not many perfumes can do that!

But now I have digressed a bit, actually I wanted to describe the scent.
In the middle with me so from one hour I perceive less and less of the green, it becomes gourmandig I smell marzipan some vanilla candied violets that rebel against the resinous one. These chords then fly away after another hour and it comes to a very nice ending which turns into a soft-powdery-balsamic scent on my skin, which gradually becomes weaker and weaker.

I have found here a new favourite fragrance which is not worn everyday but in a special way
8.0 8.0 6.5/10

DarkWinterCS
Dip the Christmas tree into the chocolate fondue !
Vert DÉncens was THE green fragrance from the Private Blend Collection that I really wanted to test, as it convinced me the most of his scents and comments so far. While the others are said to have a lot of flowers in them, this one is more likely to have this oriental touch, which deliberately irritated me. Because with Tannenbalsam there is also a note on the agenda, which is one of my favourites. Especially in one of my favorites, the Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Eau de Parfum, the fir balm comes together with leather and wood in the direction I love so much.

Vert DÉncens is a fragrance that feels like it imitates a fragrance from the 80s, but has a more modern look and clever combination. Tom Ford typical > Modern plus retro. Because it is a green scent with coniferous wood, resin and some herbaceous things. Add some smoke with a delicate spice. But what makes this fragrance so special is its perceptible chocolate note. This comes from the background and becomes more intense the more and more directly you sniff out the scent. Because to me, this perfume is the same as Tobacco Vanilla. As soon as you want to test and sniff like a truffle pig, the intensity becomes very rampant and leaves hardly any air to breathe. The chocolate note then comes with the fist on the table so that it lies down in the nose and no longer disappears so quickly. I smelled very intensely on my arm about 10 times, after that I felt a little sick and I didn't get the scent out of my nasal mucosa anymore. The evening was relatively fast for me.

If you like this combination, please test it. I can hardly describe how to draw a comparison. In hindsight I would say it smells like an extremely sweet After Eight with a resinous touch. Sticky, woody and spicy - also certainly with a uniqueness. For me, however, like Tobacco Vanilla, a somewhat too intense fragrance, which is dominant, strong and sweet.

I would have been happy about less chocolate with this fragrance and would have resorted more to leather or mint. This would have been less off the beaten track, but more catchy and balanced.
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Leimbacher
Green behind the ears, starting the forest engines
Green incense, Ford knows how he calls his scents that fits,
because at this tannigem high stand one makes only too gladly rest.

Ford himself doesn't fit into any dense forest for me,
he'd rather buy a whole piece of his massive salary.

But "Vert d'Encens" connects fir needles with a smoky witch's house,
in it I cuddle and cuddle, a little mouse whispered to me.

You can hardly believe that you can clean up such a woody-green smell,
but Tom Ford is even in the Black Forest in a suit his husband.

Resinous trees, natural woods - and yet smell like a million marks,
i would be crazy to say this green smokey wouldn't be exceptionally strong.

Safe without real edges and very smooth drawn,
to say that it was a Botox forest, however, would be overly lied.

But it's a forest that's more likely to be in L.A. than Braunschweig,
but you still find enough green if you sput yourself.

Like a fir tree, decorated by Ford and covered with wafer-thin chocolate,
there have today some nose flights bent out of interest and delight.

Who still owns the Adidas "Active Bodies", will inevitably discover similarities,
Ford just knows what treasures hardly anyone knows, after which he can stretch out his grippers.

Who wants to have a nice pine tree around the year in the neck,
should pick the lock on his vault.
7.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Resinous - fresh aromatic - terpenic
Vert d'Encens is an amusing incense, that presents serious face of smoke mixed with jovial floral notes. The core still carries floral and newly cut woody tone, uplifted with a comfortable catholic coniferous incense. The only thing I obsess is this perfume verges to ambiance odor rather to be a personal fine fragrance, which is a common feature in all members of Les Extraits Vert.
3/5

by Kovex
by Kovex
by Garcon
by Garcon
by CubaMike
by CubaMike

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford