Vert d'Encens 2016

Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford
Vert d'Encens is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is green-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

FrankincenseFrankincense Pine resinPine resin Fir balsamFir balsam LavenderLavender BasilBasil LemonLemon BergamotBergamot HeliotropeHeliotrope CardamomCardamom JasmineJasmine Tree sapTree sap BoxwoodBoxwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 07.05.2022.

FantOmaSS
The perfect fragrance for winter !!
I don't know where to start, such this fragrance is... Sublime.
With this Vert d'Encens, it's almost Christmas before its time.
One of my favorites from the prestigious Private Blend collection.
This fragrance is close to unique in many ways.
Green, woody, resinous, mystic, smoky, fascinating, addictive...
Probably one of my favorite scents if not my favorite for fall/winter.
All the notes are perfectly mixed and are at no time disgusting.
An enchanting opening, such a warm, resinous pine.
An hour later settles a sweetness and smoke of disturbing precision.
To finish with a beautiful incense on a background of green fir... Fascinating.
A long drying ensues which lasts, which lasts...
Longevity for at least 8 hours on me, with a moderate or even powerful sillage, and this is enough because more would have been unsightly for my taste.
An almost magical scent, not for novices, which some sensitive noses might put off.
There is almost a mystic side to this fragrance.
This juice reminds me of a glass of Absinthe, like the one tasted by Inspector Abberline (Johnny Depp) in From Hell (2001), or even the red embers of a gentle fire slowly being consumed...
The best of the 3 Vert for me.
We are no longer here in the presence of a simple perfume, but rather a beautiful elixir.
It transports you from one place to another, as if you were traveling with a closed eyes...
Vert d'Encens? A contemplative treasure.
A fragrance that will make you feel good, near a fireplace, warm, relaxed, savoring your glass of Hennessy.
One regret however... Mr Ford, why did you discontinued this gem???
We do not give up the Holy Grail.
My rating: 10/10
Smoetn
What is pleasant in the present is activity, in the future hope, and in the past memory
Now I still hold it in my hands, this for me almost legendary fragrance of Tom Ford. But in turn...

For the first - and actually also the only time - I was allowed to smell this fragrance a good year ago in a perfumery. I immediately liked it extremely well and I thought to myself, what a great forest fragrance. The following week I wanted to show it to my wife, but - what a shock - I was told that this fragrance was no longer available and had been discontinued. Since then, however, this fragrance has lived on in my memories, put on a pedestal and tried again and again to relive it in my mind. Loosely based on Aristotle, I held this pleasant fragrance tightly in my memory.

Fast Forward by a Year. Here in the souk, a brand new bottle, still shrink-wrapped, is offered, and I get sweaty palms. Can this really be, should I dare? Now the pleasant in the form of hope set in. After a short and nice exchange with the corresponding Parfumo like-minded (thanks goes out), the bottle was also already on the way to me.

And now this one is - the moment of truth. Is the fragrance really as great as I remembered him or did I suffer from an acute case of memory distortion? Can the fragrance also convince in the present and my - now much more "experienced" nose - still so very flattering?

The fragrance
I fall equal times with the door in the house - Yes! The fragrance is as great as I remembered. It is really a great, authentic forest fragrance, as I have always wanted. But, of course, not all woods are the same. Bracken Man for example is also a great and very very authentic fern scent, as you can also perceive in the forest. But Vert d'Encens is completely different here. The fragrance is much darker, more opulent and also more resinous.

The fragrance starts relatively fresh with bergamot and lemon, intermixed with some lavender. This opening dissipates but relatively quickly and goes into a green, resinous-smoky heart note and thus makes here all honor to its name. You can now clearly smell the incense and fir. The fragrance immediately transports me to a beautiful autumn walk in the forest on a Sunday afternoon. Anyone who knows this beautiful, fresh, but also resinous forest air, can certainly understand what I'm talking about. The incense additionally gives a slightly sacral mood.

In the drydown, the fragrance, then becomes increasingly sweet and light chocolate and vanilla notes are still added, even if these are not listed. Here certainly shows the heliotrope responsible, which, as is well known, also contains a sweet almond note.

Vert d'Encens is really an extraordinary fragrance. He is fascinating, peculiar, almost decadent (in the product description it says he would fit at the court of Louis XIV or Napoleon Bonaparte), growing and demanding, both for the wearer and for fellow men. Therefore, the fragrance is certainly not for perfume novices, but those who get involved with the fragrance will be rewarded with one of the most complete and refined fragrances of recent times.

Overall, it must be noted that it is a very typical, but at the same time atypical Tom Ford fragrance. Typical because of the really high perfume art and the almost uniqueness or daring of the fragrance, which can act quite polarizing. Untypical but because this fragrance is not so loud, not so "in your face" comes along, as other fragrances from the Tom Ford Private Blend series.

Rather, the scent is almost for oneself; another review wrote "contemplative", which I can definitely relate to. The fragrance isn't designed to go full on and make you feel elated about life; in fact, the opposite is true. The fragrance is suitable for "coming down", to reflect on oneself and one's environment and to simply let one's soul dangle. And what is better suited for this than a walk in the woods?

The fragrance is by no means quiet; the sillage is quite moderate and the fragrance can be perceived well. The durability is very good and the remains happy 7-8 hours on the skin. The fragrance fits nicely in autumn and winter, although spring is also quite feasible. Only in very hot temperatures, you should use the fragrance rather carefully. Even though the fragrance is marketed as unisex, I see it leaning in the masculine direction, but ultimately it really can be worn by anyone. For me, he has in the opening certain similarities with London for Men Eau de Toilette, although the Tom Ford is of course much more complex and higher quality, which is also reflected in sillage and durability.

All in all, I'm very glad to have been able to get hold of a bottle of this wonderful fragrance, even if I will certainly use it rather rarely and mainly for me at home.
The forest chapel
Deep snow. Surrounded by frost and firs, I move forward. Slightly exhausted, but relaxed; lonely, but happy. I take another deep breath and keep walking. We will meet again very soon...

It is made almost entirely of wood. It was built over 100 years ago. A holy place of security, surrounded by the sweet smell of incense. The snow continues to fall softly. A grounding experience, on the way to reflection...
Time will tell
After reading through the inspiration for the fragrance, which was meant to capture the coasts of Corsica (also known as the perfumed island), so the interplay of sea, rocks and forests, I was excited to test the scent.

I was expecting a lighter or fresher oud mineralé with green tones. With anticipation, I held my nose to my wrist and... wait what?! A slightly sweet Christmas tree with incense?! Confused, I wrinkled my nose and at first didn't know how to judge the situation, was it me or the scent? My first impression: complete miss of the theme of the fragrance, but still positively surprised by the naturalness of the fir note, as well as the pleasant scent progression, but with an island has nothing to do, I thought, for now.

But then the olfactory enlightenment! After several days of testing and repeated smelling (and of course with the knowledge of the inspiration behind the fragrance), I can already slowly imagine the previously mentioned island. On closer smelling, the dominant mix of fir, pine, incense and sweetness has something slightly salty about it, which is probably caused by the citrus notes. An image of a cliff separating sea and forest now settles in my mind. It's 6am in July, the waves bring a cool breeze that blows over the rocks. The sun begins to shine through between the trees and the mist settles. It's not obvious, however, whether this is taking place on real ground or a surreal dream island. But that's what makes the fragrance so special for me, it brings something artistic and magical with it.

Every time I spray the scent on I see this exact scenario and it just feels calming and, oddly enough, somehow refreshing despite the sweetness.

However, the question arises whether my environment has the same image in my head when it smells the fragrance (and it certainly will with this enormous durability and sillage). I doubt it but strongly and it will probably remain at the well-scented Christmas tree, but so be it as long as it smells good!

a punch in the stomach
... that's how I felt spaying this on my wrist. The camphoric beast hit my nose in the opening ... so powdery (dusty) and sweet it made my nostrils burn and my stomach churn. Also this TF has huge projection and silage and one small spray won't give you a break for quite some time. In other words, although I rarely really dislike a perfume, I am sorry to write that Vert d' Encens is a scrubber for me. It does settle to a sweet dusty liturgical green (still camphor to my nose) but it is so overly perfumy that it screams. Thanks, but no thanks.
Josef97
Reminds me of the church
He reminds me of the church Initially green fir notes, rather fresh direction. Unfortunately it disappears at my place. Then goes towards spicy incense notes and a bit earthy. I find H/S above average. Was not so well received by younger ladies. My grandma loves it. There's something about the way it smells like Christmas tree
Pollita
The chapel at the edge of the forest

On one of my running tracks there is a small chapel, which is located quite exactly between my home town and the neighbouring town. Many years ago this corner of Baden-Württemberg was still well populated. Now there are only meadows and woods and a lonely farm. The chapel is small and yet so beautiful. It is said that during the Advent season it is always beautifully decorated and the citizens always put up a uniquely beautiful nativity scene.

I know the chapel only as a point on my running course. I come up a slight climb, next to me fields of wheat and corn and freshly mown meadows. Numerous bushes and shrubs can be found along the way, before I turn around the corner directly at the creek and see the beautiful, old, small chapel. It goes uphill for another piece and I am in the dark forest with a lot of conifers, where I continue walking to the neighbouring village. On a good day, and if I have the time, I walk up to a ruin, which is one of the popular outflow destinations here at the eaves.

All the impressions that this route to the small chapel at the edge of the forest evokes in me are manifested figuratively when I sniff Vert d'Encens. In the beginning, the scent is so wonderfully green and fresh as if I was walking across a freshly mowed meadow. I also have the impression of hay or straw, which I ascribe to the lavender and the flowers. In addition there are some darker, slightly bitter notes that make me think of bushes and shrubs. The fir balm and pine resin soon become noticeable - I enter the dark forest. And at the edge of the forest, there is the beautiful chapel, which I can clearly see in front of me because of the incense scent.

Vert d'Encens is a contemplative fragrance. It combines the fresh, green notes of nature with light incense, which brings a slightly sacred character. For me, it's more of an odour than a perfume, but fragrances for such contemplative moments shouldn't be missing in a perfumed life. I could imagine Vert d'Encens being wonderful on a relaxing Sunday or a holiday. For my nose, it's perfect in any season.

For me one of the finest fragrances from the house of Ford so far. Lovers of Trudon II should definitely have a look at this one too. Unfortunately Vert d'Encens is to be discontinued, which I can't really understand again.

Many thanks to AdAstra72 for the sample.

Vert d'Encens
Incense spectacular, green, balsamic, and even an earthy tint, original without doubt, had not smelled such a green and natural incense until now, simply amazing.

The exit is green green, where you can see the fir and pine with an amazing naturalness, it is like when you place the Christmas tree and after having been touching the branches and needles, you smell your hands, and that green and natural smell that gets impregnated, it's what it smells like to me. This beginning lasts a sigh, and at the moment the incense and resins appear, sweetening the green notes, which do not disappear after this beginning, recreating a green, very natural aroma, with a precious resinous sweetness, in which they begin to distinguish the first blows of a spectacular incense. Gradually the green notes begin to decay and the incense takes possession of the aroma, which, together with the resins and a very delicate floral reflection, speak of the East and its stories, offering us a sweetly resinous and fragile floral fragrance with a veil beautiful background woody. In its final phase the wood feels more, feeling a resinous incense on a woody background, almost dusty, fine, elegant and full of mystery.

Very good performance, in skin it is maintained for more than 8 or 9 hours with few sprays, its wake is moderate high at the beginning and then it goes to moderate, and although it is not exaggerated, it marks presence very dignified. As for its use, I see it more appropriate for cold and temperate seasons and for the night, although it would also not fall apart on a cool winter or autumn morning.

It has been a perfume that I loved, with a magnificent quality, but with an important tare, its price, although, if you can afford it, the perfume is highly recommended, but, if not, you better not smell it, because You'll want to have it and it really hurts your pocket hehehe.
An olfactory journey
What do we have there then, for a long time I have been adamant to try out this fragrance, because needle fragrance is not necessarily among my favorites and I always inevitably have to think of "Arbre Magique Pino" from my childhood, this miracle tree which hung in every car of the 80s and had stunk terribly. But this scent has as little to do with the Christmas tree from my youth as Tom Ford has with Mustang. Green is the motto here, or rather green incense, and this name fits like a fist on the eye. A splash of this elegant little water on my skin unleashes a green-citric scent that at first reminds me of pinimenthol paired with candied lemon peel, but disappears within a few minutes. Afterwards a pleasant mix of incense, benzoin, bitter almond and bux tree spreads out, the citric undertone remains easily perceptible. My nose wanders again and again towards my forearm to sniff out this mixture of green and resinous essences. I have light sweet but also fresh and earthy notes (is this the cardamom?) which are so densely interwoven that they result in a beautiful composition. This fragrance actually reminds me of Christmas, Christmas in Italy, where I enter a monastery where a festively decorated flu (preseppe) decorated with moss and pine branches welcomes the visitors. Incense burns somewhere in the vaulted monastery church and impregnates the air with incense, accompanied by a discreetly perceptible smell of old porous damp walls and dusty old wood.

Do you know that, you come into a room or building that has a certain smell, you suck up the air inside you until it tickles in your jaw and you find it pleasantly even soothing almost intoxicating, you just want to absorb more of that smell in you? That's how I feel about Vert d'Encens, this fragrance conjures up images in my head and awakens memories of the past, revives the old as if it were happening at that moment, not many perfumes can do that!

But now I have digressed a bit, actually I wanted to describe the scent.
In the middle with me so from one hour I perceive less and less of the green, it becomes gourmandig I smell marzipan some vanilla candied violets that rebel against the resinous one. These chords then fly away after another hour and it comes to a very nice ending which turns into a soft-powdery-balsamic scent on my skin, which gradually becomes weaker and weaker.

I have found here a new favourite fragrance which is not worn everyday but in a special way
DarkWinterCS
Dip the Christmas tree into the chocolate fondue !
Vert DÉncens was THE green fragrance from the Private Blend Collection that I really wanted to test, as it convinced me the most of his scents and comments so far. While the others are said to have a lot of flowers in them, this one is more likely to have this oriental touch, which deliberately irritated me. Because with Tannenbalsam there is also a note on the agenda, which is one of my favourites. Especially in one of my favorites, the Bottega Veneta Pour Homme Eau de Parfum, the fir balm comes together with leather and wood in the direction I love so much.

Vert DÉncens is a fragrance that feels like it imitates a fragrance from the 80s, but has a more modern look and clever combination. Tom Ford typical > Modern plus retro. Because it is a green scent with coniferous wood, resin and some herbaceous things. Add some smoke with a delicate spice. But what makes this fragrance so special is its perceptible chocolate note. This comes from the background and becomes more intense the more and more directly you sniff out the scent. Because to me, this perfume is the same as Tobacco Vanilla. As soon as you want to test and sniff like a truffle pig, the intensity becomes very rampant and leaves hardly any air to breathe. The chocolate note then comes with the fist on the table so that it lies down in the nose and no longer disappears so quickly. I smelled very intensely on my arm about 10 times, after that I felt a little sick and I didn't get the scent out of my nasal mucosa anymore. The evening was relatively fast for me.

If you like this combination, please test it. I can hardly describe how to draw a comparison. In hindsight I would say it smells like an extremely sweet After Eight with a resinous touch. Sticky, woody and spicy - also certainly with a uniqueness. For me, however, like Tobacco Vanilla, a somewhat too intense fragrance, which is dominant, strong and sweet.

I would have been happy about less chocolate with this fragrance and would have resorted more to leather or mint. This would have been less off the beaten track, but more catchy and balanced.

ModusModus 5 months ago
I'm blown away how good the green incense blends with the heliotrope. Smooth and refined, must have for coniferous and incense scents lovers
BielwenassBielwenass 1 year ago
Green incense that sadly doesn't work for me.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
I am in a forest. Pines, firs, citruses in the opening. Then there is lavender, jasmine, spiced with cardamon. Everything covered in incense

by Rosie88
by Rosie88
Vielen Dank für alle Auszeichnungen und die netten Kommentare! :)
by Emphvtic
by Chris5ch
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford