Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford

Vert d'Encens 2016

Minoas
12.01.2021 - 10:35 AM

a punch in the stomach

... that's how I felt spaying this on my wrist. The camphoric beast hit my nose in the opening ... so powdery (dusty) and sweet it made my nostrils burn and my stomach churn. Also this TF has huge projection and silage and one small spray won't give you a break for quite some time. In other words, although I rarely really dislike a perfume, I am sorry to write that Vert d' Encens is a scrubber for me. It does settle to a sweet dusty liturgical green (still camphor to my nose) but it is so overly perfumy that it screams. Thanks, but no thanks.

Latest Reviews

MinoasMinoas 11 months ago
Key of Life - Alexandria Fragrances

Key of Life beautiful
This a hauntingly beautiful perfume with amazing longevity and strong to moderate sillage. It starts very powerfully but it mellows down to a balsamic, creamy accord that lasts for hours. I don't detect a lot of development as the hours go by just a softening...

MinoasMinoas 12 months ago
Cactus Garden - Louis Vuitton

Cactus Garden Uplifting, potent, but certainly not groundbreaking - crowd pleaser
I love it! It is sparkly, fresh, very tenacious, with good silage. I don't think that it is a treasure, especially for the price and the prestige of LV, simply because it reminds me a lot of Cartier's...