Violet Blonde (2011)

Violet Blonde by Tom Ford

Violet Blonde is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-powdery. It was last marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Pink pepper, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Iris butter, Jasmine, Jasmine sambac
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Musk, Vetiver, Suede, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.11.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Lara Stone.

10.0 7.0 8.0 6.5/10

And every day the marmot greets: Violent Blonde
I read myself out more often and like to post the funniest of these mistakes in the corresponding thread here in the forum.
I haven't mentioned "Violent Blonde" yet, but the fragrance gets a comment here now.
"Violent Blonde" I read and think every time: Wasn't that even a punk song? Or have I already read and interrogated myself and it was also called "Violet Blonde"? And then I search half-heartedly in the net and find nothing, or not what I meant, reject the thought and next time I read "Violent Blonde" again. The marmot says hello.

I'm testing myself through the older Tom Fords right now. And of course, if I read correctly, it is not a punk band that appears in my mind, but this strange white blonde with a purple tinge, which, as I read, first came about accidentally when dyeing with certain colorations and then surprisingly became a fashion trend. I never liked that.

It's the same with the scent and so I find the name completely fitting: the scent is somehow accidental, somehow it can't belong or be meant that way, so comically artificial, completely unnatural like a purple stitch in the hair.

And then exactly what happened to the coloration happens: Somehow it suddenly has something, somehow I have to smell it again and again, the scent is so extraordinary and strange: artificial, tangy with unpleasant flowers that seem to have sprung from a science fiction film, oversized, perhaps carnivorous, violent, somewhat violent, perhaps purple.
One could also imagine smelling the disturbing chemical conglomerate of a hairdressing salon. Strange developers, meagre for customers with flower fragrances made bearable, and hairspray, rather vintage, weave around me.
I'd almost think that's what Tom Ford meant by the name, but then from the depths of the hairdresser's salon there's really a lot of violets appearing. The permanent wave with which it is underlain has distorted it so much that it still seems to be from another star.
In the course of time the impression of the chemical fades away and the fragrance becomes softer and slightly warmer until it begins to fade more and more after about 8 hours and finally disappears completely.

I've tested Violet Blonde three times now. Crazyly, I'm slowly beginning to enjoy this trashy, extraterrestrial hairdressing salon. But in the long run, the violent blonde and I won't be friends.

Thank you Helena for the amazing experience!
7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Briarthorn
Where is my shy little violet?
Where's my violet? I love scents with violet leaves and cedar. This one though, is pretty much just cedar on me. It smells great, but I wanted violet leaf.

It remains pretty linear on my skin. It get's a little powdery (just a smidge) in the dry down and every so often I'll get a hint of Iris. The vetiver and orris give some depth to the cedar. But I wanted violet leaf too...

It's a lovely scent. Fantastic Longivity, wears close to the skin. It's a beautiful rich, and deep cedar scent. Very unisex.

Jan
2014
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Judy Jetson Meets Jolie Madame
If Balmain JOLIE MADAME were a person, then Tom Ford VIOLET BLONDE would be JOLIE MADAME dressed in a skin-tight, shiny vinyl Jetsons-type jumpsuit. The composition itself may be more similar to an abstract, bright Hollywood flashbulb version of Le Labo's limited edition POUDRE D'ORIENT, which I would recommend to those who are less than enthused by the plasticity/hair spray turn which VIOLET BLONDE takes toward the drydown.

I rather like this perfume, but I'm a certified violet 'ho' and should perhaps recuse myself from writing reviews of fragrances featuring the beloved leaves or petals of that sacred flower. (see what I mean... (-;) Anyway, VIOLET BLONDE has excellent longevity and also smells great on my cat--who happens to be "blonde"--which is an added bonus.

~Lebenskunst besteht darin, die eigene Natur mit der eigenen Arbeit in Einklang zu bringen~Luis de Leon
by Sunshine00
by medicine
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Tom Ford

Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Black Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme by Tom Ford Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) by Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford For Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford White Patchouli by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Violet Blonde by Tom Ford