White Suede 2009 Eau de Parfum

White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
White Suede (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and was released in 2009. The scent is leathery-powdery. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

AmberAmber Lily of the valleyLily of the valley RoseRose SaffronSaffron SandalwoodSandalwood TeaTea ThymeThyme FrankincenseFrankincense SuedeSuede MuskMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.09.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Huiui Buh...mhmm!
A while ago, I stumbled into the turquoise D in search of a leather fragrance. I was testing my way through the creations of Bottega when a strict but friendly expert asked me if she could recommend a leather scent. So I obediently booted behind (sometimes make me saleswomen scare :D) and sprayed White Suede Eau de Parfum on a cloth.

Puh nee, violently! Burnt, leather...whew! Next...

Shortly thereafter again smelled the test strip and suddenly there was a wonderful delicate floral scent, powdered lily of the valley with a delicate spice (the leather?!). Meanwhile, though, I had tested so much that I couldn't trust my nose... so I snagged a bottling from a dear perfumer here and I am sorely in love. The opening is fierce on my skin too, but fades away after a few minutes! It remains a beautiful floral-purgier leather scent.

It is daily wearable and lasts forever (until the next day it blows me around). The silage is rather low. He is definitely worth a test, you just have to have the patience that the fragrance notes can combine!

Sharp rubber-gasoline...
All I can smell, sadly for me (as I’ve anticipated so much different fragrance) is a sharp, chemical, burnt rubber. After about an hour it calms down a bit and to my nose it turns into gasoline scent, which I don’t like either. I’m new to perfume world and just sharing my impression based on one test. So many noses, so many perceptions I guess...
finest suede
I'm upside down in my brand new handbag made of butter-soft suede and
looking for my good hand cream. Damn!!!!! Expired....... ;-)

The fragrance starts spicy with suede accord
Quickly comes a slightly floral note to it (lily of the valley / rose)
Then it becomes softer and creamier (musk, sandalwood, amber)
Throughout the course, the suede accord provides an interesting contrast.

H/S long-lasting and rather skin

Conclusion: fine, creamy fragrance with realistic leather
Price absolutely justified, as !Attention! Women logic on! ,
if one loves the smell of new leather, the purchase of bags and
Shoes drastically reduced.
Theoretically, one even saves.......
Pollita
The bride and her wardrobe
Mrs. Pollita is skulking again. Skulking around Tom Ford's White South. I like that one, no question. I've tested it and worn it a couple of times now, but I'm still undecided. Do I need it? The suede note is subtle and always swings in the background behind a wonderfully soft, restrained white veil of scent. I think of a bridal veil when I sniff White Suede. If I weren't already married, this would be a candidate I could very well imagine for the wedding.

Nevertheless, this fragrance irritates me, because it contains so many notes that I don't really like at all. Leather is not my favourite. For me, leather has to be woven into the overall composition in the best possible way so that I can go with it. Then we have lily of the valley, which I actually don't like at all. Saffron. Another candidate I feel more like running away than spraying. But whatever. White suede, it kind of fits, and there's actually no interference.

Through the rose and the incense it reminds me a little bit of L'Ether from IUNX, which I like very much. But - in contrast to L'Ether - it also has a very fine sweetness, which makes me think of my fine Velvet Orchid by Birkholz. White Suede hovers somewhere in between. There's the tough business lady and next to her is the lovely, nature-loving private Pollita, who's just thinking of a flock of happy chickens.

Last but not least there is also a sound that is foreign to me and that is why I can't make sense of this scent. Here, I'm guessing a suede and flower combination, because I always see my mother's closet in front of me with her numerous, extravagant clothes, her huge shoe collection and the boundless selection of bags. And that's exactly what doesn't pick me up, because I can't do much with fashion, shoes or bags.

Still this Tom Ford won't let me go. Shoe and bag lovers will be hopelessly addicted to him. I'm sure of it. And I'm just as sure that he'll look great on brides. If there's one thing that smells white, it's this. Mr. Ford made it really strong and beautiful.

I will probably still be thinking about him, because he has something that carries me along every time I wear him
Many thanks to AdAstra72 for the sample.

White musc
This is for me a musk perfume more... It is nice and overall the quality of the smell of the suede un here , as most leather notes used by Tom Ford, is very high, but i am not sure if It really worths to pay this amount of money for a perfume which doesnt give anything new. There are lot of fragances in the market with similar smell and even better performance, because the oerfumance here is very very moderate. For example musc secret by Béjar which gives a very similar vibe for only 9.95€. but for Tom Ford lovers and musk lovers White suede can be a good option for a daytime use during winter.

Scent: 8
Originality: 5
Global: 7

2 short views on the fragrance
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 3 years ago
Musk is what i smell the most un this perfume. And in the background a very quality suede note. Sadly the performance is not the BEST...
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A perfectly balanced classy scent with a discrete sillage.Good mainly in the mid-cold season expecially by day . Maybe too high price

Images

22 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather Parfum by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Black Orchid Parfum by Tom Ford