Beau de Jour 2019 Eau de Parfum

Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 76 in Men's Perfume
Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fougère-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender
Provençal lavenderProvençal lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCape snow bush
GeraniumGeranium
OakmossOakmoss
BasilBasil
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
AmberAmber

Submitted by Anthracite, last update on 24.07.2021.

Beauty is a beast..
... admittedly, from a "beast" speak so-called fragrance experts i.d.R. rather in relation to heavy, sweetish-oriental fragrances, gladly of Amouage, Mancera & Co.

Beau de Jour could not be further from the just described, dad is right, and yet I feel the fragrance, for what it is, as a beast... and a beau he is anyway, read more details in the episode with pleasure:

The fragrance

Even as a newcomer to fragrances, what's the first thing that comes to mind when you read the notes and a brief description of Tom Ford's "Beau de jour"? Masculine, sure. Barbershop, of course. Expensive? Well... since the scent has been added to the Signature line, I think the price is quite reasonable.

For me, meanwhile, the beau of the day is one thing above all: the marriage of lavender and patchouli. And this smells not in the least like the olle Duftsäckchen in the closet, and also not like the potpourri at Grandma on the table. This lavender is wonderfully soft and aromatic. For the first few minutes, I smell nothing else. Then a hint of mint and a wonderful patchouli note join in, while underneath it all comes what I guess is commonly called a "barbershop scent". Terms like "cleanliness", "powder", "shaving cream" and "elegance" flit through your mind, and I've only smelled one scent so far that I think is even better in this genre. But more on that sometime elsewhere. Mönnlich spicy, creamy, clean and elegant. My current signature fragrance, I think that's what you call it.

Rating: 9/10

Its features

Beauty is a beast. Well, at least one of those smaller beasts, maybe not an American Werewolf, but probably a Gremlin or a Critter. The fragrance projects neatly and lasts, especially compared to, for example, At the Barber's, very long on my skin. The sillage is also perfectly fine, no Baccarat rouge, but still very good. Four to five sprays are enough for a working day.

Rating: 8/10

Price and prestige

It's a Tom Ford, so of course the fragrance is not a bargain, even now as a signature line fragrance. But he is worth the price, at least for me. Whether the noble fragrance gives the wearer confidence depends on the wearer. Personally, I wear with the same pride a Bentley intense for 30 bucks the bottle, but everyone, as's it him likes.

Rating: 7/10

For whom is the fragrance suitable

Unisex? Well, sure, anyone can wear anything this year. Personally, I feel Beau de jour but as a deeply masculine fragrance, nothing for bubis, party stallions and guys who open an umbrella for the way from the parking lot to the entrance. Masculine in a gentlemanly way, not in an animalistic, leathery way. In other words, this is a touch more likely to be worn by a Pierce Brosnan than a Mel Gibson.

Rating: seasoned man over 30

Conclusion

I am truly not a connoisseur. I don't own a hundred bottles, nor do I have the ambition to become a celebrated fragrance expert. But I am a confident man in his prime who knows what he likes. I like this Tom extremely well. So far only Masculin pluriel by MFK has impressed me more from drn comparable odeurs. I enjoy my wonderful fragrance all day, he is adult, masculine, respect-inspiring and elegant, so represents all that I...

...would like to be. :D in sum, I give this one 8/10.

In this sense, be beautiful and smell fine
LG Raffa
Marvin23
Together in the middle of Tuscany, way up on the mountain
I can totally relate to any review where the association with Barbershop comes up, mine is yet another.

In the middle of a hot summer day after a cold shower and a shave finished with a touch of Pitralon.
Preparing for a night out with family and friends, I apply Beau de Jour. My hair is wet and my shirt, a white one, worn half open.
Leaving the stone house with white roses growing up it, I step onto the terrace in the middle of Tuscany and around me breathtaking vegetation, way up on the mountain.
The stone oven slowly comes up to temperature, the wine ice cold.
We come together.
We greet each other.
"Look how big Sofia has become by now"
We toast. Salute!
Nonno adds wood while Nonna yells, "Non bruciarti," which means nothing more than please don't burn yourself on the fire.
Both have a smile on their lips and know to have each other.
The family is laughing and enjoying themselves.
Crostini di fegato is served and as an aperitif Nonna already provides us with her Limoncello for dinner.
The sun meanwhile slightly disappeared behind the house, an insanely great orange tone surrounds the terrace as Nonno serves the lasagna and pizza.
We're surrounded by smoky aromas, fresh herbs, even citrusy notes, and as flowery a backdrop as you could ask for.

For dessert, and totally unexpected, Nonna handed us her best panna cotta with velvety fine vanilla.
It was so unexpected that I could hardly wait to indulge.
There was plenty of dancing throughout the evening, dreamy music blaring from Nonno's gramophone, and we enjoyed ourselves and enjoyed that moment, up there on the mountain.

49Box
Back in the barbershop...
I just love this scent! It smells so deliciously oldschool barbershop. I'm a fan of the 40's-50's and that's exactly how I imagine the scent in these shops. I had Maison Margiela's "At The Barbers" until recently. I thought that one was pretty good and it's also pretty similar I think. Then I got the Beau de Jour and sold the Maison Margiela right away. Beau de Jour smells simply even more intense and is worlds longer lasting on my skin. Zino by Davidoff is supposed to be quite similar and from the price in comparison to be virtually given but I have not yet tried. Comes determined yet but now I make only times the Tom Ford empty...

MarianoNoHe
A must have for springtime
An old school classic Fougere with a touch of modernity.
I own the Private Blend version, for me, what I perceive the most is lavender, herbs, Patcholi and ambar.
In comparison with the signature version, I find the PB version darker and more ambery, and the new version fresher and greener. That is only in the opening, I find them identical in the dry down.
About longevity and sillage, both are in the average of Tom Ford fragances: very good.
Times are changing...
... and a few years ago I would never have dreamed that I would be interested in Fougeres. Fougere fragrances reminded me too much of my grandfather. This is in no way meant in a derogatory way, because my grandfather was a man who, due to his experiences and adventures, had a solution for every situation in life, no matter how complex. Thus, he was a role model and mentor for me.

A fragrance like it is TF BJD, would have never fit a few years ago to my then youthful appearance, my playfulness and my partly still rash approach to finding solutions.

Today, with early 40s, TF BDJ is a fragrance that suits me and also reflects a little of my, hopefully positive development to date and my accumulated experience. Thus, TF BDJ has become for me a classic companion for every life situation. It is definitely not an Altherrenduft, yet m. E., the horns should be repelled, and that one or the other wrinkle in the men's face visible.

TF has with BDJ a classic Fougere fragrance very much modernity lends. Both qualities are perfectly balanced. It is a lively and masculine fragrance with lots of charm and elegance. Suitable for the office and everyday life as well as autumn, winter and spring. Later on, the fragrance develops into a soft, warm and somewhat vanilla-scented composition and is still very pleasant to perceive, especially in the evening hours. Since I have only recently become intensively involved with the subject of fragrances, I am currently not yet able to smell the entire fragrance pyramid. So I will have to learn and look forward to further development.

Modern classics
Last summer, when you could still test fragrances to some extent in perfumeries despite MNS, I was neither on the hunt nor on the lookout, but was strolling past the shelves when a voice asked me from behind in this wonderful little perfumery in Regensburg if I was looking for something in particular. "A fragrance that suits me!" was my freely improvised answer. Not ten seconds later, I had the first test strip under my nose. There I was in my worn-out Adidas sambas, baggy jeans, and washed-out Iron Maiden tour shirt, wondering how, with my fragmentary knowledge of French, I was supposed to reconcile "Beau de Jour" with my question.

Let me put it this way: I am not a Tom Ford fan boy. Rightfully so, "Grey Vetiver" and "For Men" are in my collection, but other than that? I admit, these 15 meters long glossy counter in the flagship stores with their scarce 438 different flacons make already what and are also regularly walked off by me, but it never comes to the purchase. On the one hand, the price-performance ratio does not convince me so at all, on the other hand, annoy me the flacons with these absolutely cheap plastic plugs, which just do not want to sit, so right - for such a thing I do not spend a cent.
But here I have with "Beau de Jour" suddenly a simple glass cylinder with fine fluting in the hand, on which a silver plaque emblazoned, above a solid silver Knöpke with ebensolcher fluting, which also closes after a perfect fit and does not wiggle like a lamb's tail. The pale yellow liquid also gives it a classic, classy appearance. The certainly looks good next to "Grey Vetiver", I think to myself so.

"Classic" is then also the first thought, as I do after the first sniff. There is first of all nothing but lavender, but of the restrained, dry variety, which do not immediately think of Aunt Elfriede or lavender pillows. There are quickly more green Mediterranean touches, there are dry herbs, there is oak moss and a very restrained and soft patchouli.

"Beau de Jour" is a very classic men's fragrance from a long-forgotten time, which immediately brings back memories of fragrances that you used to smell so often, fragrances that you used to have in your collection, fragrances that have long since been discontinued by the big chains and for the most part have either been reformulated beyond recognition or, sadly, have long since been discontinued.

Still, I can dispel any question, this scent doesn't smell like yesterday: no hint of mothballs or granny's bank advisor with the scuffed leather elbow pads on his jacket. No, "Beau de Jour" smells clearly classic, but not stale. The peaks that would make the Lavedel smell sharp have been toned down. The soapy notes that make up any classic aftershave are still there too, but they don't intrude. As a result, you feel like you're wrapped in a soft cloak that holds you securely and tightly. Although some of the radiation and durability has been lost, but "Beau de Jour" is still quite expressive and also remains significantly longer differentiated perceptible than many modern fragrances.

What can I say "Beau de Jour" looks good next to my "Grey Vetiver." And when I wear "Beau de Jour," I once again trade in my black band shirts for a plaid shirt. Even if no one sees it currently because of Lockdown and home office. But I'm still a small-checkered accountant, so the outfit should match the fragrance.
Zino Summer Vibes
"Beau de Jour" is a dream, I can't put it any other way. One of the best and most wearable Tom Fords. A sensitive symbiosis of fougere and chypre, of "Zino" and "YSL Pour Homme", of classic and timeless, of business and pure style. Gentlemen... this is top notch!

If you think you're safe, Tom Ford is a blender brand, you'll look around for a "Beau de Jour" at the latest. Just a damn green, damn good men's fragrance. I have zero doubt that Mr. Ford could wear this himself. A masculine lavender blend with chop, jolt and flavour. For the office, for the suit, for in between. For the man of the world. Simply simple, simply good. Period. That's it. I'm out of the house. My wallet is hit by the horror. But that just makes even the biggest body claus a real Baus.

Flacon: it hardly gets more stylish. Full and completely TF.
Sillage: not thunderous, rather rumbling
Durability: lasts a working day - plus some overtime. 9 hrs.

Verdict: one of the most fabulous signatures created in recent years. Tom Ford at his finest!
Security
Yes, this Tom Ford - Beau de Jour is already something special. If you look at the relatively simple and restrained bottle, you would not conclude what is really inside.
He surprises at the beginning with a board of dense, scratchy lavender, which has actually already made me sneeze the one or other time ;).

After a few minutes then it develops but then to a "barbershop scent" of the very first class. The lavender paired with rosemary, oakmoss and patchouli (these notes I perceive most clearly) creates a relaxing aura on me as few fragrances.
Secure yet confident, that's how I feel when wearing this Tom Ford. Perhaps it is because of the "oldschool flair" of this fragrance, which exudes a class like few others.

My environment also perceives Beau de Jour very positively. One smells simply the whole day as freshly shaved, and yet one always seems well-groomed and serious.
That you can wear such fragrances only at an advanced age, I reject quite clearly. I in my twenties feel at no time too young for it, also never came a comment in this direction.

The durability and sillage are as they should be. A workday he survives in any case and is all the time perceptible, without becoming obtrusive.

Who likes this kind of fragrances, will not be disappointed here. I, in any case, would not like to miss him more.

Lavanda
Perfume donde la lavanda es la nota principal y gran dominadora de principio a fin.
En este caso la lavanda aporta frescura en todo momento.
Perfume masculino y diría que para cualquier estación del año.

Patchouli beast mode
A virile patchouli beast, this is a classic, classy barber shop scent with great staying power, projection and quality composition. But let’s face it, this is a designer fragrance sold at a niche fragrance price. Even purchasing from a discounter this is way overpriced. Love the juice, and the bottle design is cool in a retro/hip way. Wearing this you feel you need to be dressed to the nines - in this way it is not unlike vintage Givenchy Gentleman, another patchouli masterpiece. However, I just wish the price tag was more in line with what it really is.

Nik604Nik604 4 days ago
An expensive copy paste of Davidoff from 1986 ,, 200 euro against 20 ??!! The "reinventing the wheel" doesn't come with the new price.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 28 days ago
Nothing new,This is what Zino wanted to be.Real difference of Tom Ford are refinement &quality.performance is so good it is almost tiring.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 month ago
Great fougère full of lavender and geranium. Zino (Davidoff) is echoing in the opening but this is drier and aromatic. Recommended! 4/5
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Beau de Jour is aromatic, fresh, spicy. It's a sweet and modern fougère. The scent is green with smooth lavender and earthy-woody patchouli.
JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 3 months ago
My favourite fougere fragrance. I actually prefer this to the private blend one, as it's less earthy and actually has better performance.
BielwenassBielwenass 6 months ago
Amazing in the first minutes, quickly becomes way too sweet.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 7 months ago
who gave it 8+ longevity? it is a nice lavender, very bad performance IMO, and also very pricy.
JulphJulph 7 months ago
Modernized barbershop scent. It is a good way to introduce fougere scent to non fougere lover.
SirQtavonSirQtavon 2 years ago
This parfume has been removed from "Private Label" line and reformulated. Would be nice to see parfumo.net creating another "2020" instance
Syzygy73Syzygy73 2 years ago
Basil and amber soften the medicinal lavender, but pretty soon this becomes almost identical to Fougere D'argent. A little lazy Mr. Ford ...

by Flanker
by Flanker
by Megamare2020
by Megamare2020
tom ford - beau de jour : flakon und naming suggerieren nen weichgespülten schönlingsduft... weit gefehlt! bereits beim ersten sprüher macht es *BAM* - ein intensiv männlich / würziger upperclass barbershopsmell schlägt um sich - toughguystuff! :)
by Felsn
by CubaMike
by PepeMorley
by PepeMorley

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford