Beau de Jour 2019Eau de Parfum

Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 78 in Men's Perfume
Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fougère-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Provençal lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCape snow bush, Geranium, Oakmoss, Basil
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Amber

Submitted by Anthracite, last update on 20.10.2020.

Patchouli beast mode
A virile patchouli beast, this is a classic, classy barber shop scent with great staying power, projection and quality composition. But let’s face it, this is a designer fragrance sold at a niche fragrance price. Even purchasing from a discounter this is way overpriced. Love the juice, and the bottle design is cool in a retro/hip way. Wearing this you feel you need to be dressed to the nines - in this way it is not unlike vintage Givenchy Gentleman, another patchouli masterpiece. However, I just wish the price tag was more in line with what it really is.
Absolutely fantastic fragrance
I love that smell...

Even as Beau de Jour in the Private Collection, I have long been flirting with this fragrance. A few weeks ago, I struck again and am still completely enthusiastic. The silage and shelf life are very good, as usual with Tom Ford. Personally, I prefer to wear the fragrance in the evening and on colder days

I have found it
Man oh man
Being a fan of fougere, I was in great dread when the blue trend hit. It's not that I don't like them, I just go ambroxan nose blind almost immediately so I never really enjoy them.

Fougere, on the other hand, has always given me a sense of assurance and confidence. Their mature DNA can never be mistaken by others with the assumption that the scent might be from a deodorant.

Having smelled platinum egoiste, I was VERY VERY hesitant to try this because that lavender and geranium combo in PE absolutely turns me off as it is so sterile and clinical that it nauseates me (believe me, I tried to like it, bought it twice and sold it twice lol, just can't stand it)

This Beau, my Lord is it good.

I just really can't praise this fragrance enough.
You can see the notes break down on fragrantica so I won't waste time here.

But in short, this fragrance makes me feel like a MAD MEN. It's that sharp and elegant and old school (if you don't like old school vibe, skip this, but old school does not mean smelling dated) this is just a timeless scent that is the olfactory equivalent of a navy blazer, it looked good in the 70s, it still looks good today, if you can pull it off.

WOW.... Mr. Tom Ford, KUDOS to your brand for releasing this

I have found my favorite fragrance
5.5

Tom Ford's Age of Pause
I wanna just to say; it's confused rive gauche. very poor quality materials and a failed clone. While the beau de jour (private collection) is better and more successful, this edp version is definitely far from tom ford quality

King of fougeres
I love the smell of green Palmolive shaving cream. Rive Gauche has done a fantastic job of imitating that very smell and it is hard to fool RG as far as fougere is concerned. Beau de Jour is the only one who can do it
This fragrance is simply barbershop, shaving cream, chic, fresh, virile and simply beautiful. The reactions of people are incredible when they are confronted with this fragrance. Tom Ford has managed to modernize the formula of the green barbershop shaving foam scent to the point where it can be worn and smelled impressively on dates and clubbing. A dating and clubbing barbershop fragrance so to say. The lavender is strong and authentic and the rest is - as already said - a modern shaving foam heaven.

The drydown is - if one can speak of a weakness at all - a small weakness. For me, it becomes unnecessarily sweet and powdery towards the end and even reminds me of Kurkdjian's Grand Soir, which would be an upgrade for many. But for me it is a downgrade because I don't like Grand Soir and its sweet and powdery scent
AndreasK
Good chypre, but a little soapy, itchy
We are dealing with a chypre in Beau de Jour. Spontaneously it reminds us of Cerruti 1881, but in comparison to these it is much more discreet. Cerruti 1881 had a metallic strength in itself. BdJ on the other hand is more discreet, with understatement.

What I like less about BdJ is its somewhat soapy appearance. One has the feeling to be dealing with a bathroom article. Also it seems a little bit disharmoniously scratchy.

However, this should only reduce the positive overall impression in moderation. Basically it is a discreet interpretation of green-harsh freshness. I consider it suitable for the warmer, brighter sunny days. He has a charm of cypress grove and dry pine forest
BdJ is a good smell, but not a very good one. As I said, Cerruti 1881 - for me the measure in this category - was (unfortunately discontinued) stronger in charisma and more harmonious in tuning. An equally discreet chypre with a harmonious and high quality appearance is Acqua di Parmas Cipresso di Toscana.

I can clearly recommend BdJ for purchase. But if you share my opinion after testing, I would advise you to try to get hold of a bottle of Cerruti 1881 from leftover stocks or to go for the Acqua di Parma.

Better is the enemy of good.
Medianus76
The carefree lightness of being...
How time doesn't fly...when I am dozing here on a sunny Sunday in my sun lounger, looking at the field in front of me. It invites you to dream, because I probably get an impression of what the huge lavender fields in the Provence could look like.
I get this impression because the field has not yet been mowed because of organic farming. That's why the grass is very high, has lots of purple tips and looks like lavender.
But unfortunately the right scent is missing! But wait... what do I write. A spray of Beau de Jour, and the opening is perfect. Dreamlike lavender and the right scenery, which couldn't be better...
I like this intense beginning of the Beau. This is certainly not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm not an explicit lavender fan now. But since it's only the intensive start, I really enjoy it The fragrance develops the lightness of being in the course of its presence. And this presence is almost omnipresent. In my short time of intensive perfume research, I have never experienced a fragrance with such radiant power.
It fascinates me when a fragrance is simply there for many hours, and doesn't just disappear like many of his colleagues...
After the intense opening has settled, the whole fragrance becomes much softer. In my opinion, the result is a nice creaminess and warmth, which is certainly due to the patchouli and amber. I can also perceive a hint of mint, which gives the fragrance a certain freshness all the time. Last but not least, lavender does its job, of course, and carries the fragrance over the whole time of its spectrum of effects...

For me, Beau de Jour, by the way, I write about the signature line, is a real enrichment for my fragrance life. If a fragrance can create an aura that is able to turn even a dreary day into something beautiful, then it convinces me all along the line.
This is exactly what creates this carefree lightness of being, which is often very difficult to find in today's hectic and stressful times.
For my part, I wish to experience many more such moments, ideally here on board the "fragrance ship" Parfumo, which is on its way into the infinite vastness of fragrance creations and impressions that no one has ever smelled before...:-)
Thank you for reading it!
Chevalier
He that follows does not go his own way. Exler, Georg-Wilhelm
When I'm looking for a fragrance, I always pay attention to the sillage and durability. These have to be good and appropriate, just like the fragrance itself. For most people the fun is over after an hour. But a few are still clearly recognizable after two hours, others even longer like this outstanding Beau. It has fallen out of time like something out of time, fragrances with a fougère content have largely disappeared into old people's homes or into the bending zones of the sales gondolas of supermarkets. Fougère is rather associated with unpleasant, old and inappropriate. Few have come along in the mainstream area, if then in a modified form with a sweetness or a second scent impact which shows the fougère combination of lavender, bergamot and geranium only in the background. Here one can take the many Azzaros or Botegas as an example.
The spirit of the times is set on sweet, pleasant and nice.
No character head like this Beau would fit in here. The question is, can such a character head be called beautiful?
Probably only with the self-confidence of this brand, which Estee Lauder implements well in her portfolio.
The strength with the linear flow of lavender and bergamot from Beau de jour is reminiscent of the former New West or Havana, which both ran in the Aramis series, but are or were clearly recognizable as Estee Lauder products. The fragrance experience reminds through the patchouli maybe of rive gauche or Davidoff, but also of the first Eau sauvage perfume from 2012, which had to be exchanged with a dimmed successor in 2017, because it was very room filling and dominant in performance like this Ford.
The head behind the beau de jour, Antoine Maisondieu did everything right. The impacts of Bottega Veneta or the Brit are easily recognizable, which is perhaps just imagination.
For sure, a fragrance has been created here that not everyone likes, where not everyone comes in raptures and a false smile. Here is one that is loved or hated. Some people ask what smells so funny here, others find it very good and ask. In the middle there is nothing.
The Complimentgetter faction who only buy a fragrance for empty arguments doesn't care about him, almost like the Bundesliga games without an audience. He is here to be worn, you have to be careful that the scent doesn't get on your skin, if this should be the case, you have to apply the products of the Gutriech faction, then you probably have no opinion of your own, don't know what you want and are completely lost with this Tom Ford.

If there is a willingness to invest this price, then the fragrance can become a kind of brand for the wearer, who no longer follows but goes his own way
At six in the morning
The scent that separates the spirits. Not a real Tom? Or one of the best?

The scent shows me two faces. The first one immediately after application, a pushy, masculine face. It's not ugly, but I don't like it. But the second, that was love at first sight? Look. A round, warm fougère that is suitable for everyday use shows up after 3/4 hours. Not too loud, but with much depth But is it worth going through the first phase to enjoy the second phase? Getting up at 6 every now and then to leave the house with a pleasant scent at 9 am? Sometimes

The fragrance comes to an 8th place for me, and the first part of the fragrance is guaranteed to be pleasant for many, but not for me. And to plan in advance from when you want to smell good is ok with a cheap drugstore scent, but with a Tom Ford scent a pity.
Nevertheless, durability and silage are amazing, I still have a lot of my beloved scent after 3 hours
Aroatian Fougereduft

Beau de Jour was removed from the Private Collection and will now be offered in the Signature Line in 2020. For me a winner 2020, as you can now get a Private Blend fragrance at half price. I had thought a new Grey Vetiver on the market but I was far from it. Tom Ford already has several Fougere fragrances on the market with Fougere d'Argent - Fougere Platine - Lavender Extreme. Beau de Jour stands out a little bit, because here not the lavender is the main player, but rather the patchouli and the rosemary but still in a subdued frame. So if you like classic - clean - fresh gentleman fragrances, you get a TOP perfume at a normal price.

IondeIonde 14 days ago
I haven't had the best experience with Fougeres but this won me over thanks to Geranium and Patchouli. Great choice for an older gentleman.
SirQtavonSirQtavon 9 months ago
This parfume has been removed from Private LabelPrivate Label line and reformulated. Would be nice to see parfumo.net creating another "2020" instance
Syzygy73Syzygy73 19 months ago
Basil and amber soften the medicinal lavender, but pretty soon this becomes almost identical to Fougere D'argent. A little lazy Mr. Ford ...
ScentedGentScentedGent 20 months ago
Really fun to wear when you're dressed to the nine!

by Flanker
by Flanker
tom ford - beau de jour : flakon und naming suggerieren nen weichgespülten schönlingsduft... weit gefehlt! bereits beim ersten sprüher macht es *BAM* - ein intensiv männlich / würziger upperclass barbershopsmell schlägt um sich - toughguystuff! :)
by Felsn
by Emphvtic
by Emphvtic
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra
by CubaMike
by CubaMike

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford