Beau de Jour 2019 Eau de Parfum

Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 92 in Men's Perfume
Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fougère-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender Provençal lavenderProvençal lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCape snow bush GeraniumGeranium OakmossOakmoss BasilBasil
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli AmberAmber

Submitted by Anthracite, last update on 25.05.2022.

Easygoing modern fougere
Review based on the Private collection
Classy but yet modern, suitable for all men. Can be used formally or casually, all four seasons. Smooth but prominent, herbal, spicy yet sweet.
To me the green spicy rosemary, basil and mint are the stars in this scent, makes it more modern and casual than other scents in this genre
Rock this in a suit or dress it down with jeans and sneaks
Signature scent worthy

Modern Masculine Masterpiece
Subjective individual preferences aside, you might agree that lavender and amber could rank among the few greatest fragrance notes of all time. To the great credit of Antoine Maisondieu, Tom Ford's Beau de Jour gives these two fantabulous notes a vast canvas on which to paint an illustrious image.

Beau de Jour pulls off very skillfully something that a lot of fragrances aspire to but can't always achieve: being classic yet modern, subtle yet impressive.

As the notes suggest, it opens with a burst of vintage barbershop lavender which is made more modern by the mild sweetness from the base notes. Green, fresh and masculine, as fougeres come. I do also get a little bit of cardamom, although I don't read it on the notes listed here. The high-quality ingredients and smooth cameos from patchouli and basil offer a vibe that has classy written all over it.
To me, the best part of the fragrance is that transition from lavender to amber where the latter opens up over time to a wonderfully creative effect. At which point it extinguishes any remaining doubts about whether this fragrance is 'old school'.

A note of appreciation for the versatility of this scent as it works all year round, really. Particularly good for spring and fall. Not to mention suitability to a wide variety of occasions from work to dates.

Eliot65
Best fougere on the market for Gentlemen of all ages
Excellent move to transfer it from the private to the signature collection.
The differences are minimal, the private is a little more woody in the finish while this remains green & fresh.
Strong opening with excellent masculine aromatic lavender that fills the room then marries with strong dusty patchouli and discreet sweet amber.
It has a vintage fougere feel but so well made, attractive and modern that in no case you can call it dated or grandpa smell.
From beginning to the end it exudes a sense of class, freshness, noble and quality.
A masculine aromatic paradise. A lot of compliments from men and women.
I consider it to be the top designer fougere at the moment compared to the other fougeres or the reformulations of the old ones.
It is easily worn by all ages (25+), in all occasions (office, leicure, events, evening, night out, formal, casual) and in all seasons (except high heat).
Performance is excellent for fresh fragrance, duration 10-12 hours with strong projection and sillage for 4-5 hours on my skin.
I highly recommend it for testing and especially now that it is still in its original formulation.
My love awakened
Without great expectations I had ordered this Tom Ford....I was a little skeptical because it was sol cheap for a tom ford and not really many talk about Beau de Jour. I counted the days like I always do when I order something and was very excited.....now it was there. After unpacking, I admired the chic bottle that just screamed barbershop and elegance, and then the first spray on my skin....in my brain fireworks took place. This mossy, herbal, elegant woody perfume awakened my love for Fougeres and I was captivated. Had to sit down for a moment and realize there is such an awesome scent out there. I am not an expert and quite a fragrance newbie but still have smelled some good stuff and this is not to be compared to many, my best blind buy ever. To the durability and silage you can say absolutely nothing everything top! With 9 hours of performance, you can already count, note, with only 5 sprüh puffs. A very successful perfume what elegance and masculinity so dermaßen radiates that it is one of my top 5. I love it and also recommend it to everyone who likes Fougere
Beautiful barbershop scent
The Beau de Jour is a warm fougere, which inspires not only fans of classic fragrances.
Despite its barbershop vibes, it does not seem at all dusty or even old-fashioned.
From my point of view, it is a great everyday fragrance that delivers an excellent performance for a manageable price. From the latter, one or the other Tom Ford fragrance from the high-priced Private Blend series can gladly cut off a slice ;-)

Modern Gentleman
This is a wonderful creation by Tom Ford. TBH, I was disappointed at first, when I smelled it. It came to me like a very typical and casual shaving foam for men, that was it. A shaving foam with a vanillic aroma. Anyway, the main idea is that this was pretty boring and "meh" at first.
After a while, I've decided to buy a decant and try it again on the skin. Wow!
It felt like I purchased a total different scent ! Same vanillic vibe but more friendly, with a lot more youth and citrusy wave to it. Creamy white florals, citrusy and vanillic. Very refined smell ! For a very refined gentleman. It kinda feels a bit mature if you "dissect" the smell very carefully but not in a bad way. While being a bit mature it maintain itself very modern and distinguished.
I can easily say that is a very well-balanced scent, with many elements very, very well put together.
In conclusion, not your daily, typical, usual scent. It deserves much more than that.
I see its usage in spring and maybe fall, even summer (if we're talking about bearable weather conditions and not extreme heat). It really gives you a happy mood, a "mood booster" kind of a fragrance.
The performance chapter was easily passed. 8+ hours with just 2 sprays but the projection and sillage are not beastly. Even so, it's easy detectable and it stays with you many hours before saying goodbye.
This is not a scent for younger people but for more mature ones, as I've mentioned above.
I am glad that I came back to this scent and give it multiple additional wearings.

Overall : 8/10

Sought and found
I dedicate my first comment in this community to this fragrance. Yes, evaluates the please already as a statement to the fragrance itself ;).

It should be mentioned in advance that I have spent what felt like years to find such a fragrance.
My goal was namely to find a fougère fragrance, which is fresh, elegant and yet long-lasting, without seeming stale.

I think I speak so many users here from the soul when I say that I was looking for a Fougère fragrance, which I bring in the deepest inner with the classic aftershave, shaving foam scent of my father in connection. As a child, I loved my father's scent. He always radiated strength, confidence, warmth, fatherly love, authority and yet a certain coolness.

Now that I am an adult myself I wanted to achieve these very attributes with a fragrance of my own.
With "Beau de jour", the beautling of the day, I have finally succeeded (at least I feel that for me personally so).
The fragrance:

- Smells fresh, herbaceous, tart, by patchouli in the base pleasantly warm and familiar
- Holds with me 10h and more (is thus also suitable for a long day in the office)
- The sillage is also good. He is even after hours near the body still well perceptible.

In addition, it comes despite classic Fougére notes never comes across old-fashioned. He acts just like a modern Tom Ford interpretation of a classic from the 80s.

Finally, I am inspired by the thought that my future children will someday associate this fragrance with me.

On that note, get the modern dad scent.

Cheers.

Beauty is a beast..
... admittedly, from a "beast" speak so-called fragrance experts i.d.R. rather in relation to heavy, sweetish-oriental fragrances, gladly of Amouage, Mancera & Co.

Beau de Jour could not be further from the just described, dad is right, and yet I feel the fragrance, for what it is, as a beast... and a beau he is anyway, read more details in the episode with pleasure:

The fragrance

Even as a newcomer to fragrances, what's the first thing that comes to mind when you read the notes and a brief description of Tom Ford's "Beau de jour"? Masculine, sure. Barbershop, of course. Expensive? Well... since the scent has been added to the Signature line, I think the price is quite reasonable.

For me, meanwhile, the beau of the day is one thing above all: the marriage of lavender and patchouli. And this smells not in the least like the olle Duftsäckchen in the closet, and also not like the potpourri at Grandma on the table. This lavender is wonderfully soft and aromatic. For the first few minutes, I smell nothing else. Then a hint of mint and a wonderful patchouli note join in, while underneath it all comes what I guess is commonly called a "barbershop scent". Terms like "cleanliness", "powder", "shaving cream" and "elegance" flit through your mind, and I've only smelled one scent so far that I think is even better in this genre. But more on that sometime elsewhere. Mönnlich spicy, creamy, clean and elegant. My current signature fragrance, I think that's what you call it.

Rating: 9/10

Its features

Beauty is a beast. Well, at least one of those smaller beasts, maybe not an American Werewolf, but probably a Gremlin or a Critter. The fragrance projects neatly and lasts, especially compared to, for example, At the Barber's, very long on my skin. The sillage is also perfectly fine, no Baccarat rouge, but still very good. Four to five sprays are enough for a working day.

Rating: 8/10

Price and prestige

It's a Tom Ford, so of course the fragrance is not a bargain, even now as a signature line fragrance. But he is worth the price, at least for me. Whether the noble fragrance gives the wearer confidence depends on the wearer. Personally, I wear with the same pride a Bentley intense for 30 bucks the bottle, but everyone, as's it him likes.

Rating: 7/10

For whom is the fragrance suitable

Unisex? Well, sure, anyone can wear anything this year. Personally, I feel Beau de jour but as a deeply masculine fragrance, nothing for bubis, party stallions and guys who open an umbrella for the way from the parking lot to the entrance. Masculine in a gentlemanly way, not in an animalistic, leathery way. In other words, this is a touch more likely to be worn by a Pierce Brosnan than a Mel Gibson.

Rating: seasoned man over 30

Conclusion

I am truly not a connoisseur. I don't own a hundred bottles, nor do I have the ambition to become a celebrated fragrance expert. But I am a confident man in his prime who knows what he likes. I like this Tom extremely well. So far only Masculin pluriel by MFK has impressed me more from drn comparable odeurs. I enjoy my wonderful fragrance all day, he is adult, masculine, respect-inspiring and elegant, so represents all that I...

...would like to be. :D in sum, I give this one 8/10.

In this sense, be beautiful and smell fine
LG Raffa
Sarazax
Together in the middle of Tuscany, way up on the mountain
I can totally relate to any review where the association with Barbershop comes up, mine is yet another.

In the middle of a hot summer day after a cold shower and a shave finished with a touch of Pitralon.
Preparing for a night out with family and friends, I apply Beau de Jour. My hair is wet and my shirt, a white one, worn half open.
Leaving the stone house with white roses growing up it, I step onto the terrace in the middle of Tuscany and around me breathtaking vegetation, way up on the mountain.
The stone oven slowly comes up to temperature, the wine ice cold.
We come together.
We greet each other.
"Look how big Sofia has become by now"
We toast. Salute!
Nonno adds wood while Nonna yells, "Non bruciarti," which means nothing more than please don't burn yourself on the fire.
Both have a smile on their lips and know to have each other.
The family is laughing and enjoying themselves.
Crostini di fegato is served and as an aperitif Nonna already provides us with her Limoncello for dinner.
The sun meanwhile slightly disappeared behind the house, an insanely great orange tone surrounds the terrace as Nonno serves the lasagna and pizza.
We're surrounded by smoky aromas, fresh herbs, even citrusy notes, and as flowery a backdrop as you could ask for.

For dessert, and totally unexpected, Nonna handed us her best panna cotta with velvety fine vanilla.
It was so unexpected that I could hardly wait to indulge.
There was plenty of dancing throughout the evening, dreamy music blaring from Nonno's gramophone, and we enjoyed ourselves and enjoyed that moment, up there on the mountain.

49Box
Back in the barbershop...
I just love this scent! It smells so deliciously oldschool barbershop. I'm a fan of the 40's-50's and that's exactly how I imagine the scent in these shops. I had Maison Margiela's "At The Barbers" until recently. I thought that one was pretty good and it's also pretty similar I think. Then I got the Beau de Jour and sold the Maison Margiela right away. Beau de Jour smells simply even more intense and is worlds longer lasting on my skin. Zino by Davidoff is supposed to be quite similar and from the price in comparison to be virtually given but I have not yet tried. Comes determined yet but now I make only times the Tom Ford empty...

Kaizen33Kaizen33 16 days ago
Very traditional, old-fashioned cologne. Smell like your father/grandfather!
Martin333Martin333 2 months ago
Perhaps the best take on a modern fougere. Nice gentleman scent but still sweet and easygoing. Every man or woman can rock this
CaspikaarCaspikaar 3 months ago
A fragrance that has it all.
Green, herbal, creamy, balanced & amazing longevity. Winter & summer, casual & chique, confident & modest.
TuxedoManTuxedoMan 5 months ago
Beautiful modern classy Barbershop Fragrance!
ChicoRoch1ChicoRoch1 7 months ago
Average remake
MatuxMatux 9 months ago
Zino updated and improved in complexity. Worth the money? For you to decide.
Stevens95Stevens95 9 months ago
My clean go to ! Fresh green and bold. Good Performances! Thanks Tom Ford for having moved it to the normal collection
Nik604Nik604 10 months ago
An expensive copy paste of Davidoff from 1986 ,, 200 euro against 20 ??!! The "reinventing the wheel" doesn't come with the new price.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 11 months ago
Nothing new,This is what Zino wanted to be.Real difference of Tom Ford are refinement &quality.performance is so good it is almost tiring.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 11 months ago
Great fougère full of lavender and geranium. Zino (Davidoff) is echoing in the opening but this is drier and aromatic. Recommended! 4/5

by Flanker
by Flanker
by Sternenklar
tom ford - beau de jour : flakon und naming suggerieren nen weichgespülten schönlingsduft... weit gefehlt! bereits beim ersten sprüher macht es *BAM* - ein intensiv männlich / würziger upperclass barbershopsmell schlägt um sich - toughguystuff! :)
by Felsn
by WinandV
by QRZ91
by QRZ91

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Soleil Blanc (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford