Beau de Jour 2019 Eau de Parfum

Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 80 in Men's Perfume
Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fougère-green. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Provençal lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesCape snow bush, Geranium, Oakmoss, Basil
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Amber

Submitted by Anthracite, last update on 05.05.2021.

MarianoNoHe
A must have for springtime
An old school classic Fougere with a touch of modernity.
I own the Private Blend version, for me, what I perceive the most is lavender, herbs, Patcholi and ambar.
In comparison with the signature version, I find the PB version darker and more ambery, and the new version fresher and greener. That is only in the opening, I find them identical in the dry down.
About longevity and sillage, both are in the average of Tom Ford fragances: very good.
Times are changing...
... and a few years ago I would never have dreamed that I would be interested in Fougeres. Fougere fragrances reminded me too much of my grandfather. This is in no way meant in a derogatory way, because my grandfather was a man who, due to his experiences and adventures, had a solution for every situation in life, no matter how complex. Thus, he was a role model and mentor for me.

A fragrance like it is TF BJD, would have never fit a few years ago to my then youthful appearance, my playfulness and my partly still rash approach to finding solutions.

Today, with early 40s, TF BDJ is a fragrance that suits me and also reflects a little of my, hopefully positive development to date and my accumulated experience. Thus, TF BDJ has become for me a classic companion for every life situation. It is definitely not an Altherrenduft, yet m. E., the horns should be repelled, and that one or the other wrinkle in the men's face visible.

TF has with BDJ a classic Fougere fragrance very much modernity lends. Both qualities are perfectly balanced. It is a lively and masculine fragrance with lots of charm and elegance. Suitable for the office and everyday life as well as autumn, winter and spring. Later on, the fragrance develops into a soft, warm and somewhat vanilla-scented composition and is still very pleasant to perceive, especially in the evening hours. Since I have only recently become intensively involved with the subject of fragrances, I am currently not yet able to smell the entire fragrance pyramid. So I will have to learn and look forward to further development.

Modern classics
Last summer, when you could still test fragrances to some extent in perfumeries despite MNS, I was neither on the hunt nor on the lookout, but was strolling past the shelves when a voice asked me from behind in this wonderful little perfumery in Regensburg if I was looking for something in particular. "A fragrance that suits me!" was my freely improvised answer. Not ten seconds later, I had the first test strip under my nose. There I was in my worn-out Adidas sambas, baggy jeans, and washed-out Iron Maiden tour shirt, wondering how, with my fragmentary knowledge of French, I was supposed to reconcile "Beau de Jour" with my question.

Let me put it this way: I am not a Tom Ford fan boy. Rightfully so, "Grey Vetiver" and "For Men" are in my collection, but other than that? I admit, these 15 meters long glossy counter in the flagship stores with their scarce 438 different flacons make already what and are also regularly walked off by me, but it never comes to the purchase. On the one hand, the price-performance ratio does not convince me so at all, on the other hand, annoy me the flacons with these absolutely cheap plastic plugs, which just do not want to sit, so right - for such a thing I do not spend a cent.
But here I have with "Beau de Jour" suddenly a simple glass cylinder with fine fluting in the hand, on which a silver plaque emblazoned, above a solid silver Knöpke with ebensolcher fluting, which also closes after a perfect fit and does not wiggle like a lamb's tail. The pale yellow liquid also gives it a classic, classy appearance. The certainly looks good next to "Grey Vetiver", I think to myself so.

"Classic" is then also the first thought, as I do after the first sniff. There is first of all nothing but lavender, but of the restrained, dry variety, which do not immediately think of Aunt Elfriede or lavender pillows. There are quickly more green Mediterranean touches, there are dry herbs, there is oak moss and a very restrained and soft patchouli.

"Beau de Jour" is a very classic men's fragrance from a long-forgotten time, which immediately brings back memories of fragrances that you used to smell so often, fragrances that you used to have in your collection, fragrances that have long since been discontinued by the big chains and for the most part have either been reformulated beyond recognition or, sadly, have long since been discontinued.

Still, I can dispel any question, this scent doesn't smell like yesterday: no hint of mothballs or granny's bank advisor with the scuffed leather elbow pads on his jacket. No, "Beau de Jour" smells clearly classic, but not stale. The peaks that would make the Lavedel smell sharp have been toned down. The soapy notes that make up any classic aftershave are still there too, but they don't intrude. As a result, you feel like you're wrapped in a soft cloak that holds you securely and tightly. Although some of the radiation and durability has been lost, but "Beau de Jour" is still quite expressive and also remains significantly longer differentiated perceptible than many modern fragrances.

What can I say "Beau de Jour" looks good next to my "Grey Vetiver." And when I wear "Beau de Jour," I once again trade in my black band shirts for a plaid shirt. Even if no one sees it currently because of Lockdown and home office. But I'm still a small-checkered accountant, so the outfit should match the fragrance.
Zino Summer Vibes
"Beau de Jour" is a dream, I can't put it any other way. One of the best and most wearable Tom Fords. A sensitive symbiosis of fougere and chypre, of "Zino" and "YSL Pour Homme", of classic and timeless, of business and pure style. Gentlemen... this is top notch!

If you think you're safe, Tom Ford is a blender brand, you'll look around for a "Beau de Jour" at the latest. Just a damn green, damn good men's fragrance. I have zero doubt that Mr. Ford could wear this himself. A masculine lavender blend with chop, jolt and flavour. For the office, for the suit, for in between. For the man of the world. Simply simple, simply good. Period. That's it. I'm out of the house. My wallet is hit by the horror. But that just makes even the biggest body claus a real Baus.

Flacon: it hardly gets more stylish. Full and completely TF.
Sillage: not thunderous, rather rumbling
Durability: lasts a working day - plus some overtime. 9 hrs.

Verdict: one of the most fabulous signatures created in recent years. Tom Ford at his finest!
Security
Yes, this Tom Ford - Beau de Jour is already something special. If you look at the relatively simple and restrained bottle, you would not conclude what is really inside.
He surprises at the beginning with a board of dense, scratchy lavender, which has actually already made me sneeze the one or other time ;).

After a few minutes then it develops but then to a "barbershop scent" of the very first class. The lavender paired with rosemary, oakmoss and patchouli (these notes I perceive most clearly) creates a relaxing aura on me as few fragrances.
Secure yet confident, that's how I feel when wearing this Tom Ford. Perhaps it is because of the "oldschool flair" of this fragrance, which exudes a class like few others.

My environment also perceives Beau de Jour very positively. One smells simply the whole day as freshly shaved, and yet one always seems well-groomed and serious.
That you can wear such fragrances only at an advanced age, I reject quite clearly. I in my twenties feel at no time too young for it, also never came a comment in this direction.

The durability and sillage are as they should be. A workday he survives in any case and is all the time perceptible, without becoming obtrusive.

Who likes this kind of fragrances, will not be disappointed here. I, in any case, would not like to miss him more.

Lavanda
Perfume donde la lavanda es la nota principal y gran dominadora de principio a fin.
En este caso la lavanda aporta frescura en todo momento.
Perfume masculino y diría que para cualquier estación del año.

Patchouli beast mode
A virile patchouli beast, this is a classic, classy barber shop scent with great staying power, projection and quality composition. But let’s face it, this is a designer fragrance sold at a niche fragrance price. Even purchasing from a discounter this is way overpriced. Love the juice, and the bottle design is cool in a retro/hip way. Wearing this you feel you need to be dressed to the nines - in this way it is not unlike vintage Givenchy Gentleman, another patchouli masterpiece. However, I just wish the price tag was more in line with what it really is.
Absolutely fantastic fragrance
I love that smell...

Even as Beau de Jour in the Private Collection, I have long been flirting with this fragrance. A few weeks ago, I struck again and am still completely enthusiastic. The silage and shelf life are very good, as usual with Tom Ford. Personally, I prefer to wear the fragrance in the evening and on colder days

I have found it
Man oh man
Being a fan of fougere, I was in great dread when the blue trend hit. It's not that I don't like them, I just go ambroxan nose blind almost immediately so I never really enjoy them.

Fougere, on the other hand, has always given me a sense of assurance and confidence. Their mature DNA can never be mistaken by others with the assumption that the scent might be from a deodorant.

Having smelled platinum egoiste, I was VERY VERY hesitant to try this because that lavender and geranium combo in PE absolutely turns me off as it is so sterile and clinical that it nauseates me (believe me, I tried to like it, bought it twice and sold it twice lol, just can't stand it)

This Beau, my Lord is it good.

I just really can't praise this fragrance enough.
You can see the notes break down on fragrantica so I won't waste time here.

But in short, this fragrance makes me feel like a MAD MEN. It's that sharp and elegant and old school (if you don't like old school vibe, skip this, but old school does not mean smelling dated) this is just a timeless scent that is the olfactory equivalent of a navy blazer, it looked good in the 70s, it still looks good today, if you can pull it off.

WOW.... Mr. Tom Ford, KUDOS to your brand for releasing this

I have found my favorite fragrance
5.5

Tom Ford's Age of Pause
I wanna just to say; it's confused rive gauche. very poor quality materials and a failed clone. While the beau de jour (private collection) is better and more successful, this edp version is definitely far from tom ford quality

JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 18 days ago
My favourite fougere fragrance. I actually prefer this to the private blend one, as it's less earthy and actually has better performance.
BielwenassBielwenass 3 months ago
Amazing in the first minutes, quickly becomes way too sweet.
EdP4hommeEdP4homme 4 months ago
who gave it 8+ longevity? it is a nice lavender, very bad performance IMO, and also very pricy.
JulphJulph 5 months ago
Modernized barbershop scent. It is a good way to introduce fougere scent to non fougere lover.
IondeIonde 7 months ago
I haven't had the best experience with Fougeres but this won me over thanks to Geranium and Patchouli. Great choice for an older gentleman.
SirQtavonSirQtavon 1 year ago
This parfume has been removed from "Private Label" line and reformulated. Would be nice to see parfumo.net creating another "2020" instance
Syzygy73Syzygy73 2 years ago
Basil and amber soften the medicinal lavender, but pretty soon this becomes almost identical to Fougere D'argent. A little lazy Mr. Ford ...
ScentedGentScentedGent 2 years ago
Really fun to wear when you're dressed to the nine!

by Flanker
by Flanker
by Megamare2020
by Megamare2020
tom ford - beau de jour : flakon und naming suggerieren nen weichgespülten schönlingsduft... weit gefehlt! bereits beim ersten sprüher macht es *BAM* - ein intensiv männlich / würziger upperclass barbershopsmell schlägt um sich - toughguystuff! :)
by Felsn
by CubaMike
by PepeMorley
by PepeMorley

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford