Bitter Peach 2020

Bitter Peach by Tom Ford
Bitter Peach is a new perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesWild peach, Sicilian blood orange, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Davana, Rum absolute, Cognac, Jasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesNew Caledonian sandalwood, Benzoin, Cashmeran, Vanilla, Tonka bean absolute, Labdanum absolute, Styrax, Indonesian patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.01.2021.

Sex sells...
A peach glides over wet skin, the peach skin is slowly peeled off - the marketing of the new Tom Ford perfume Bitter Peach is already very sexually charged.
My expectations of the fragrance were confused: on the one hand a seductive scent, on the other hand fresh due to the matte flacon and the expectation of a fruity peach.
But it came differently than expected: an infinitely glamorous, warm and ripe peach.
The peach is very briefly a bit fruitier, but in the dry down it becomes more and more creamy in combination with vanilla and cashmere, which are very dominant here. Overall, rich and strong, just how I like it.
Jasmine sort for the glamour. The listed rum and cognac I can not catch but perhaps it is exactly these notes that make Bitter Peach a ripe and full-bodied peach.

Bitter Peach is like a warm veil that envelops you all day.

What convinces me the most? The durability, easily up to 12 hours!

Unisex?! In my opinion, very feminine, but since that is very subjective, everyone should decide for themselves.

Overall: I love it! Exactly mine: glamorous, peach and vanilla-heavy, infinitely feminine.

For all who are interested, here is my somewhat more detailed review on Youtube :)

5.5
Attraction and repulsion equally
In order to really get to what this fragrance reminds me of, I would have had to wear it longer. But I couldn't, because it aroused incredibly unpleasant associations in me and I was glad when the last whiff of it had disappeared from my wrist after showering the next morning. After all the previous evaluations, I had not at all expected that he would catch me so emotionally cold. I had expected him to give me a happy squeaky iced tea-bubblegum feeling that would be sweet, pushy and with images like sunglasses, palm trees and so on. But it was not like that at all. I had clearly underestimated the "bitter". I did not think of a sweet, juicy peach for a single moment. In fact, I have to make a real effort and concentrate in order to perceive the peach with various other scents and a great strictness and in my perception somehow also "sharpness" at all. As strange as it sounds, somehow this scent smells to me like an older man from a criminal or at least shady or slightly neglected milieu. I definitely associate it with "older age", maybe there was such a related scent in some form (detergent or similar) in the retirement home where I visited my grandmother regularly. There must have been some synapses that jumped up in me and produced associations that I didn't know existed in my brain. It was probably the fascination about it that made me keep sniffing my wrist, even though I didn't like the smell at all. For me it was already too good, I really only sprayed one or two puffs from a bottling on my wrist at lunchtime and felt surrounded, if not "followed", by this scent all day long until I went to bed. I will probably be fascinated and repulsed by the bottling every now and then to try to find out where these associations come from. I will most likely not wear it myself anymore.
Good mood
Finally the beautiful bottle is at the TF booth, and I can spray.
The word bitter in the name has been appealing to me since the launch, because I like it bitter, or when sweetness is broken in some way.
This peach seems sweet to me at first, but it also has a - perhaps not bitter, but - tart note. It looks sunny and cheerful right from the first sniff and appeals to me, even if everything in me resists ("overpriced, it's nothing special, no great perfume art, much too simply built...").
The extremely fruity character (not: lemon) doesn't seem synthetic to me, which I notice by the fact that after spraying it on, I feel like sniffing the back of my hand again and again - the unmistakable sign that it doesn't disgust me at all (which is actually always the case with synthetics), but invites me.
My guess: the vanilla is cleverly "under" dosed, and the cardamom gives the fragrance the traction and a certain seriousness.

Nevertheless, I associate here rather young women. Young women who - see price performance - have money, haha. Which practically rules out a large part of the potential buyers. Very, very sad!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 27 days ago
Initially juicy spicy-fruity, this slightly boozy, yet creamy/sweet floral-fruity Spring fragrance, settles to a gentle oriental-woody base.

by Moenti
by Moenti
by BoBoChamp
by BoBoChamp

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford