Bitter Peach 2020 Eau de Parfum

Bitter Peach (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Bitter Peach (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesWild peachWild peach Sicilian blood orangeSicilian blood orange CardamomCardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotropeHeliotrope DavanaDavana Rum absoluteRum absolute CognacCognac Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesNew Caledonian sandalwoodNew Caledonian sandalwood BenzoinBenzoin CashmeranCashmeran VanillaVanilla Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute Labdanum absoluteLabdanum absolute StyraxStyrax Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.05.2022.

Elynthia
Favourite perfume from the first sniff.
This smells like the most delicious peach dessert ever! Sweet ripe peaches, a tiny bit of booze, quite a bit of patchouli, delicious warm spices, woods and some fresh grapefruit to give it a kick in the opening. What a masterpiece! Longevity is good, stays in hair for even longer (2nd day I can still smell it). It doesn't smell like ice tea. Ice tea smells cheap, this smells expensive. It better! Because this baby is VERY expensive. You MUST love peaches and patchouli in order to like this. Good scent option for intimate nights, as any good gourmand scent would be.

Want some candy?
An absolute fan of TOM FORD fragrances (and the rest of the brand), i wanted to give you my opinion.
So, if you like gourmand and sweet peach you will be enchanted.
It opens with an explosion of fruity peach, rather sweet with a slight "artificial" side.
It smells like Haribo fruity peach candy as soon as you open the package.
Unfortunately this "opening" only lasts a very short time. (about 10secs)
A sweet sensation follows that lasts for the next 10/15 minutes.
Drying appears rather quickly to ultimately leave a soft and rather linear scent on the skin.
This is a fairly sweet, not overwhelming, but quite "synthetic" and in my humble opinion much, much too sweet/gourmand.
The sillage is strong and the longevity long.
When to evoke once again the drying, it is very fast, and rather strange...
A mix of peach, blood orange, ylang ylang? White flowers, a pinch of patchouli, Tonka...
All too sickening? It will be up to you to see.
As proof, this Bitter Peach reminded me of Angel by Mugler, or even a certain Kilian "pot pourri"...
A fragrance that is much more feminine than masculine. (I can't see myself scenting the peach)
The result is an interesting, if a bit odd, scent very close to the skin, and rather linear.
This Bitter Peach smells great, but i will not be adding it to my collection.
Why?
Smell the peach candy for almost $300? Mmmm... No thanks.
Also too sweet/gourmand for my taste, and the little known "risk taking" of TOM FORD did not convince me.
Bitter Peach also did not leave me this impression of "Wow" !!
The syrupy side adds a bit of a "candy" side to the whole that will not please everyone.
Let's not throw stones at Mr FORD for all that, but i have the impression that for some time his creations are affected...
Conclusion: Do you like the smell of peach candy and want to smell like it? Go for it
Does the smell of peach candy make you sick? No worries, because just with the price of this Bitter Peach, we are taken for pears.
My rating: 8/10
Iced tea hits the spot
I can absolutely agree with the review of Ischgelroi in essence. In this case, Long Island Iced Tea is even more appropriate, because the scent has a clearly perceptible "boozy" aroma, at least initially. The top note is a very loud fruit brandy. In it, however, there is also something sweaty, depraved, and yes, quite sexual. In the first quarter of an hour, the name "Bitter Peach" is absolutely accurate. Later, those overtones go away and a slightly fresher peach remains. Who likes gourmand scents, which is definitely found here.
Who does not want to smell like food - beware! Personally, I also have the problem that the typical peach aroma for me is one of the more burdensome, headache notes from the sweet fruit area. Tom Ford has also amplified/"weighted" the peach so much here that it's really not for me.
The durability is good, to the sillage I can unfortunately just say nothing. The price-performance ratio (currently 285 EUR for 50 ml in Douglas) is in my opinion very worthy of discussion. For this price range, the fragrance lacks sophistication. Even though the fragrance notes list is very long we have here 95% peach, and that is too clumsy for me. Besides, peach is not the super classy/rare/elegant premium scent now either. Who likes the but will be happy with this fragrance but in any case.
Ischgelroi
The iced tea to spray on
I have long thought about whether I test Bitter Peach, but now I did it, especially after the Dua Dupe of Bitter Peach has now landed in my friend's collection, as he was a bit too sweet and feminine for me. I was really excited to try Bitter Peach. I tested my small bottling immediately and what can I say honestly the association of iced tea in a tetra pack came to me immediately, with Bitter Peach even more so as it is less sweet than its dupes but somehow this lack of sweetness really makes it seem to me like I am emptying iced tea over my head. I don't think the smell is bad but honestly I don't want to smell like that, especially as a man I find Bitter Peach doesn't suit me at all. I have to say here unfortunately once again Tom Ford brings out since about 2 years only perfumes which I do not like at all or are too feminine for me. The price of Bitter Peach is for me in no way justified, here can of course again the objection come which perfume is really worth so much money honestly of course none, but with Bitter Peach I can not talk me the price, it just does not work. I do not see Bitter Peach as a flop or repulsive but for me simply unsuitable and in addition the price, but somehow Bitter Peach just reminds me of iced tea which is the whole unfortunately for me in the long run not portable, because I somehow just do not want to smell like the 99 cent tetrapack from the supermarket around the corner. But I still find that the fragrance has its fans rightly, on a woman I can imagine him with much better and if one does not mind this iced tea note.
Sex sells...
A peach glides over wet skin, the peach skin is slowly peeled off - the marketing of the new Tom Ford perfume Bitter Peach is already very sexually charged.
My expectations of the fragrance were confused: on the one hand a seductive scent, on the other hand fresh due to the matte flacon and the expectation of a fruity peach.
But it came differently than expected: an infinitely glamorous, warm and ripe peach.
The peach is very briefly a bit fruitier, but in the dry down it becomes more and more creamy in combination with vanilla and cashmere, which are very dominant here. Overall, rich and strong, just how I like it.
Jasmine sort for the glamour. The listed rum and cognac I can not catch but perhaps it is exactly these notes that make Bitter Peach a ripe and full-bodied peach.

Bitter Peach is like a warm veil that envelops you all day.

What convinces me the most? The durability, easily up to 12 hours!

Unisex?! In my opinion, very feminine, but since that is very subjective, everyone should decide for themselves.

Overall: I love it! Exactly mine: glamorous, peach and vanilla-heavy, infinitely feminine.

For all who are interested, here is my somewhat more detailed review on Youtube :)

5.5
Attraction and repulsion equally
In order to really get to what this fragrance reminds me of, I would have had to wear it longer. But I couldn't, because it aroused incredibly unpleasant associations in me and I was glad when the last whiff of it had disappeared from my wrist after showering the next morning. After all the previous evaluations, I had not at all expected that he would catch me so emotionally cold. I had expected him to give me a happy squeaky iced tea-bubblegum feeling that would be sweet, pushy and with images like sunglasses, palm trees and so on. But it was not like that at all. I had clearly underestimated the "bitter". I did not think of a sweet, juicy peach for a single moment. In fact, I have to make a real effort and concentrate in order to perceive the peach with various other scents and a great strictness and in my perception somehow also "sharpness" at all. As strange as it sounds, somehow this scent smells to me like an older man from a criminal or at least shady or slightly neglected milieu. I definitely associate it with "older age", maybe there was such a related scent in some form (detergent or similar) in the retirement home where I visited my grandmother regularly. There must have been some synapses that jumped up in me and produced associations that I didn't know existed in my brain. It was probably the fascination about it that made me keep sniffing my wrist, even though I didn't like the smell at all. For me it was already too good, I really only sprayed one or two puffs from a bottling on my wrist at lunchtime and felt surrounded, if not "followed", by this scent all day long until I went to bed. I will probably be fascinated and repulsed by the bottling every now and then to try to find out where these associations come from. I will most likely not wear it myself anymore.

HermeshHermesh 24 days ago
The fruity sweetness is initially tempered by an intense tartness. When the tart notes subside, the aroma resembles a fruit lollipop.
LidahrigaLidahriga 4 months ago
Very nice fruity-creamy scent, unisex, for all season. Like peach icecream, yumi
MrKaraMrKara 7 months ago
A very nice fruity, boozy, sweet and floral fragrance. Perfect for spring and summer.
JMWeedJMWeed 8 months ago
Surprisingly unisex with the bitter undertone, smell like a festival in Georgia with this one, very good
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
Initially juicy spicy-fruity, this slightly boozy, yet creamy/sweet floral-fruity Spring fragrance, settles to a gentle oriental-woody base.

by Meinesonne85
by Meinesonne85
by Lidahriga
by Lidahriga
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular by Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford