Noir Extreme (2015)Eau de Parfum

Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Top 21 in Men's Perfume
Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Neroli, Saffron, Cardamom, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesKulfi, Mastic resin, Rose, Jasmine, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 30.07.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Tom Ford himself.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 161 days ago

„The milk dessert oriental perfume”

[short review] The 7th Avenue is the heart of New York for me. It's lively, colourful, reasonably safe, and if you are in the mood for it, it's...
K1K1 5 years ago

„"Noir Extreme"? How about "Welcome to the Candy Shop"?!”

I don't know how it happens when a top seller house falls in quality, it sells more! Tom Ford has fallen...

Powdery gourmand
Definitely a powdery gourmand fragrance from Tom Ford. I really like the Kulfi and Saffron notes in this fragrance. Very warm, somewhat vanillic, sweet, and balsamic. Very sexy and at the same time comforting. Unfortunately on my skin the dry-down turns too powdery for me to really get excited. I think Tuscan Leather and Ombre Leather are better than this fragrance, however I still give this fragrance a 7/10.
To bite into
Kulfi is a traditional Indian dessert made with pistachios, saffron, cardamom, ice cream & almonds.
Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of tasting this dessert yet, but every time I smell Noir Extreme, I get more and more in the mood for it.
He is a madly great, harmonious and long-lasting gourmand scent composition, which I have never smelled before.
Sillage & durability are very convincing and the price makes this fragrance even more attractive.

A great release from the year 2015!
SvenScent
Fantastic by day and night

I can only agree with my precommentator: This fragrance is warm, it's sensual, it's beautiful, no, it's beautiful, yes, it's dreamy!

It is very difficult - as is always the case with Tom Ford perfumes - to break the fragrance down into its individual components because they are so well-blended, as is the case here.

Even the fruity and spicy opening is hardly to be surpassed in sensuality. A true explosion of impressions and spicy aromas. Here, the sandalwood already comes to the fore, giving the entire fragrance a certain creaminess and stability.

And then this heart!?! I don't know if anyone has ever smelled this Kulfi. For uninitiated people like me, a new fragrance simply emerges here in the heart, an entirely new chord. I could not even say what it reminds me of, because I know nothing like it. It's sweet, but not too sweet, it's fruity but only very light, and together with the floral notes it seems fresh and elegant.

After some time the vanilla becomes more dominant in the base. But even this is not a despicable vanilla, like in the very close drydowns of some other perfumes, but is slightly ambered, wonderfully creamy and still carries all the spice of the previous course well-bedded in itself.

I would characterize the fragrance as spicy-oriental rather than gourmand, but it's up to the individual to decide what to eat... But what sets it apart from many other orientals is that it always retains a certain transparency and never appears sweet, overblown or overcharged. I also think it's a perfume that can be worn all the time: in the morning, at noon, in the evening, at night, in spring, summer, autumn and winter. For this type of perfume, it's quite unusual
The only thing that could be criticized would have been the performance, because it could have been improved. Noir Extreme starts very strong, but at some point it also decreases very much. In my opinion, it's a bit too fast for a perfume of this kind.

And last but not least: I actually caught myself putting on this wonderful fragrance just for sleeping. Decadent, I know... but gorgeous!
Daydream
The scent is just beautiful...
Beautiful is usually something visual, but here I find no words other words other words Certainly not the strongest of TF, which is why mine is also running low, sobbing... but for me definitely the most beautiful, must not be missing in any collection.
3 words about the fragrance: Sweet, lovely Dream
The scent of my heart!
A year ago, I took the scent off for me. I thought it was quite nice, but also kind of one-dimensional and boring. Luckily, I received a sample from dear Lukas here and had to realize that my scent taste has changed within a year. It did not have to be the heavy, complex and sweet gourmands anymore. The longer I am on the road here, the more I appreciate seemingly simpler scents again.

No, the Noir Extreme is by no means a simple or boring fragrance, but even if it is classified as a sweet gourmand, it comes across as fine, without being slain with its sweetness, as gourmands like to do. I think it is the citric notes in the top note that give it a certain lightness. To be honest, I personally cannot perceive these notes explicitly. But this also applies to the rest, i.e. Kufi & Co.

The fragrances are strongly interwoven and thus create an incredibly intense warm and cosy atmosphere. At no moment do I find this fragrance overloaded or intrusive. Exactly for this reason I see the field of application more complex than with many other gourmands and not only limited to the cold season. It also works great on an evening in spring/summer or on a cuddly Sunday on the couch.

The Noir Extreme is not classified as unisex, which I think is correct. In spite of its sweetness and warmth, for me it is a masculine gourmand. Nevertheless, there are certainly some ladies who can wear it well.

It is rare that I write a comment and even rarer that I award a 10 to a fragrance. But I have been wearing the Noir Extreme for a whole week on almost every evening and each time I have found it better. I was even looking forward to spraying it in the evening. From that time on I didn't even want to test other fragrances at the same time. That makes it my heart's scent and my perfect 10!
Condorpilot1
When I wear it on my arm, I always want to bite my arm!
Tom Ford has once again knocked one out and extended his Noir line with the Extreme version. But these two fragrances have nothing to do with each other in their composition. I personally own both and wear them on different occasions.

Tom Ford Noir Extreme is a woody-oriental gourmand that can quickly melt away the one who wears it (and in the best case also the ones around him). At least the perfume does that for me. Even now, while I'm writing this review and wear Noir Extreme on my arm to remind me of the scent, I really don't need to be slowed down by having my nose hanging on my arm all the time or even biting into it.

I can't really warn about a citrus prelude - the oriental spices are too dominant, especially caradamom and nutmeg after spraying. This is immediately accompanied by elegant sweetness. Really elegant sweetness and not like a candy-like / playboy fragrance.

Probably the most striking note of the fragrance pyramid is "Kulfi". According to my research, this Indian ice cream is prepared by boiling down cream (often with a little milk) and letting the liquid reduce so that it becomes thicker. Depending on the recipe, spices such as cardamom can already be added during this process. Add a few tablespoons of sugar, reduce further and let it cool in the refrigerator. And to add the extra flavour, fruit can also be added, for example as puree. Here you can certainly be creative. You just have to be careful that the cream doesn't burn in the pot, so you have to stir constantly. The caramelisation process also helps the taste.

So much for the preparation. I have never eaten Kulfi myself, so that I cannot tell if Noir Extreme has a Kulfi vibe. But I can well imagine how it tastes. This Kulfi note gives the perfume a long-lasting, creamy aroma and reminds me a little bit of rice pudding with cinnamon or a little bit of tiramisu. Paired with wooden chords the perfume becomes irresistible and forms a great sillage around the wearer. Tom Ford has left his Kulfi in its purest form and has not added any fruit puree. The latter would also be superfluous and would probably make the scent appear too youthful.

This is definitely a fragrance for cold days, most likely winter. I wouldn't want to smell like this in summer anyway. Tom Ford Noir Extreme is an elegant perfume for special occasions and dates, looks cuddly and simply delicious. It is definitely a pick-me-up! It is definitely worth testing.

Now I have to check where I can get Kulfi...
KnowThis30
The most gourmand temptation since fragrances have existed
Before I start this review, I would like to state that my knowledge of the Indian dessert Kulfi is very limited. I never had the pleasure of testing the dessert, so I am not able to do so either to determine the extent to which the heart note actually resembles the dessert Kulfi.

Anticipating this, I intend to divide my review into the following criteria and end with a small conclusion: Scent (top, heart and base notes), silage, projection, use, bottle, price, comparison
Scent:
Contrary to what one might think, Tom Ford's Noir Extreme is not the overly sweet gourmand you might think he is at first because of his pyramid of scents. Not that misunderstandings or misinterpretations arise here: Noir Extreme is still sweet, but at no time is it able to have an overwhelming effect - the classic problem of overspraying is completely ignored here.
On the contrary! The sweetness remains pleasantly classic in the background and blends harmoniously with the floral and citric components of the heart note, whereby - for my nose in particular - the rose must be emphasized here as being well noticeable.
But even the spice from the top note, which actually disappeared after a few minutes, seems to make it into the heart of the fragrance. But whether this is actually made from the contained, but volatile spices
such as saffron and nutmeg, or from the authoritative Kulfi note, is difficult to determine - but both seem possible.
And while the top note disappears after a few minutes, as already mentioned, the heart note with its mix of sweet, floral and spicy components adheres for approx. 1.5 - 2 hours before it is pleasantly rounded off into a gentle mixture of spicy sandalwood and soft vanilla - sweet indeed, but also very discreetly reserved and with 4 - 5 hours on my skin absolutely sufficient.

Sillage:
In short... the Sillage of Noir Extreme stands out! Not negatively, but also not at all positively to all those, who understand perfumes as aquatic, wooden or otherwise citric-fresh scents and avoid any sweet stuff - even if it's only for the nose.
The rest of the environment should rejoice in joyful anticipation of the familiar, but - thanks to the use of the Kulfi - nevertheless different composition. Noir Extreme is not a fragrance that can - appropriately applied - fill a room, but it seems to be always present, discreetly remaining in the background. Correctly used
there should probably not be anybody who is bothered by this smell.

Projection:
Apart from the top note, which disappears after only a few minutes, Noir Extreme projects its scent moderately.
However, this should not be misunderstood: Noir Extreme is by no means weak on the chest, but seems to follow the plan to lure other people to its place instead of letting them, like some other representatives, run into an olfactory wall at a distance of many meters.
Neither too weakly nor too strongly does Noir Extreme wander skilfully on discreetly meandering paths for most of its life.

Application:
At this point the spirits will probably part company. For my nose, Noir Extreme is a year-round fragrance, and its use should only be coupled with the appropriate number of sprays. As always: The warmer the less spraying, and who has no problem to attract attention simply ignores this advice. Also in the office this scent can be worn well because of its discreet sweetness and the beginning skin-near perception
Flacon:
The shape of the bottle is rather classically square. The corners are pleasantly rounded, the initials of Tom Ford are both discreetly represented on the dark sides and prominently on the lid, and the contents can be easily removed, especially when held against the light. Also the colour combination of his black/brown dark glass, as well as the golden writing and lid white is pleasing. In the same colour, the spray head is also kept inside, where it can perform its task as desired, but at no time can it reach the products from Dior or Chanel.
If there were any reason for complaint at all, it would probably be the lid itself.
To what extent the construction and design of a flacon should be included in the evaluation of a fragrance should be decided by each individual. Nevertheless, I can certainly understand that - especially in view of the price we are about to arrive at at any given moment - many people consider it to be of little value. The colour is harmonious and the grooved surface fits into the overall design concept of the actual glass flacon! Nevertheless, the lid looks quite "cheap" on the inside, especially because of its light weight and plastic surface.

Price:
How you want to look at the price depends very much on your own starting position: If you come from the corner of niche fragrances or private blends from Tom Ford, Noir Extreme is a quite acceptable price/performance ratio.
But if you look at the whole thing from the perspective of the ubiquitous designers, this fragrance is definitely at the top end of the price scale. The good durability and the quite unique or rarely or never to be found scent can justify the price, but this is not a cheap purchase at all!

Comparison:
As far as I know, Noir Extreme does not have a direct or close "clone", although I was never allowed to test the "Masculin 2 Gold Fever" by Bourjois which is mentioned here. It is definitely sweeter than the "Noir pour Femme" - from which it was visibly inspired, and not from the other "Noir's" from the men's fragrance line.
The mandarin of the top note cannot be compared at any point in time of duration with that of Chanel's "Allure Homme Sport Eau Extrême" - rather it appears spicier than fresh.
And if you want to know how much the vanilla note of the base could disturb you, imagine a quality of Tom Ford's "Tobacco Vanilla" and a slightly subdued aura of Armani's "Code Absolu pour Homme".

Conclusion:
So for whom is Tom Ford Noir Extreme the right fragrance? Not at all for smart spenders, that much can be said. Although it's not a high-priced niche fragrance à la Parfums de Marly or Roja, it's also not a price category in which standard fragrances from Versace and Co. are to be found. In my eyes worth the price, but everyone has to decide this question for himself.
Even advocates of the aquatic, fresh or woody categories will not find what they are looking for in this fragrance. But whoever is not afraid of the price or otherwise can get a bargain and can win something from sweet-gourmand scents with unique or rare scents, will be happy with Noir Extreme!
Although not in price, Noir Extreme is a fragrance that, when used in a suitably adapted bottle, could easily enter the private blends sector without criticism or changes.

Carlitos01
The milk dessert oriental perfume
[short review]
The 7th Avenue is the heart of New York for me. It's lively, colourful, reasonably safe, and if you are in the mood for it, it's a lot of fun. Last year I spent a full week in New York with my wife and my kids, and I mus admit that probably we spent half of the time in 7th Avenue or in its neighbourhood. Meals tend to be a lot of fun as well and you may choose to munch in hundred different places sometimes eating food hard to recognize its origin or background.
In that particular day my doughter and I decided for a brunch in a Dunkin' Donuts. My daughter confessed me that she was just dieing for a "doce de leite" donut or cake. "Doce de leite" it's a recipe from Brazil made with caramelized condensed milk and that you stuff in donuts and cakes, or you just eat it "solo" with a spoon if you are a gourmand person.
"Sorry my love, but you are in the wrong continent for it", said I. "How come you remembered "doce de leite" now? If you think you will get it in a Dunkin' Donuts, you are going to be deceived".
"Papi, you smell like "doce de leite" all over, so you must have been eating it earlier today. If Dunkin' Donuts is not the place, take me somewhere else".
That morning so far I just had a cup of coffe and an orange juice, so no way I could smell to any kind of desset type... or could I. I just asked her, "darling, do smell my neck!".
Oh my god.. you bath in "doce de leite" this morning for sure... ", she said.
Mystery solved! I never had noticed before that Noir Extreme smells like brazilian "doce de leite"... it really does!

Noir extreme opens with sweet and warm spices (mainly saffron and cardamom), evolves into a heart with sweet florals and a dessert note that really is very similar to a more oriental "sweet milk" as it seems umbilically linked to the initial notes of cardamom and saffron. That's the heavy note of kulfi, a milk-based Indian dessert.
The bottom reveals a sweet and smooth continuity and is rich in an abondant vanilla, as well amber and sandalwood. It is woody, powdery, ambery and balsamic and a really joy to wear.
I describe the fragrance as undoubtedly sweet, deeply oriental, but not at all nauseating. I find it extremely seductive and I include it in a selection of Tom Ford perfumes that I really like.

Music: "Conquistador" - by Procol Harum
Is it love?!?!!
Hello everyone, I own the perfume now for about four months!! and yes it was love at first sight ... it was a saturday and when I usually get bored I go into town and walk around the perfumeries, so also this saturday. I have to confess that until then I did not know the Tom Ford fragrances at all ...so I tried them. And then came the moment when I tried this fragrance for the first time .......... "booooah, I thought I'd never had that with perfume"
Didn't take long to think it over and bought the thing !!!

Now for the fragrance: it smells like an Indian nightingale..sweet, sexy
I think you can smell Reich a little bit arrogant even and he plays with you !!!
One moment he is there, the next he is not and if you don't expect it you get a compliment again

I would recommend everyone to try the fragrance
StevK
Fine, but still more appearance than substance?
I was looking for a fragrance for the winter, which perfectly reflects the season with a concise yet beautifully rounded sweetness, provides for conversation at evenings out and can accompany me gracefully yet dominantly throughout the day.
I found him in the TF Noir Extreme! ... Or?

Sweet, creamy, vanilla is the good one, especially the first application. It shows itself immediately from its best side, smells delicious and attractive. It is by no means "over-sweetened" and this does not take the upper hand at any time, but allows the interplay with a definitely profound, yet perceptible fruitiness.

Once it begins to breathe properly in the air, it takes on elegant and slightly powdery nuances that give it a graceful fragrance character. It changes... the fruitiness remains, but is muffled by an uplifting smoky chord that I know all too well from the original. The woody, spicy notes shine out more and more and further dampen the sweetness. Here he shows his best side, becomes darker and heavier, and lives up to his name. This is exactly what really sets him apart from his competitors.

But that's the end of it, I'm afraid. way too fast... way too fast. "Hey, what do you think of that smell?" "Wow, great, but it's kind of lame, right?" It made me look stupid: Is it my skin? Me them too dry? Now in the cold certainly not the best, but the other fragrances work too! Could it be a fake? I can hardly imagine with my trusted dealer.
So what is it? Reformulated? I can't figure it out. But as good as he smells, he is as weak from my skin as he is from paper. Tested in 4 other shops and everywhere the same result: Smells fantastic but only if I stick to my skin with my nose :/
If I love him very much, he doesn't return the love and sends me directly to the Friendzone!

An honestly delicious and exciting fragrance that I was willing to pay more money for if it would deliver. Now he is there and I am just disappointed and don't even understand where the mistake lies!
I use it, but each time with the knowledge that it does not project for 15 minutes and after no 2 hours it just sits completely on the skin

Carlitos01Carlitos01 20 months ago
Noir Extreme is a more sophisticated and somewhat sexier version of Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb. It smells expensive and rich. Simply unique!
ToreterToreter 21 months ago
A sweet suede flower-milk-vanilla-rose-amber combo. Starts femenine and evolves more masculine.Sweet smooth and comfortable. 8/10
Jazzy76Jazzy76 22 months ago
Black bottle and black soul! Oriental resinous with an unexpected flowery heart, it's a wonderful jus for her too!Good sillage. I love it
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 23 months ago
Delicious scent. Below average performance. Good for a cozy netflix sesh :D
PBullFriendPBullFriend 3 years ago
Loathsome powdery vanilla/orange blossom over men's cologne. Gave me a headache. Scrubbed.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Everything creamy: vanilla, ambery sandalwood that interacts with mastic, even the spices. 'Extreme' goes hin the direction 'heavy'&'sweet.

by Bajro96
by Bajro96
by Shuqush
Amberlastig und süss aber nicht vom Goldbarren
by TomLavender
by Tiho
by MarDie95
by MarDie95
by BlackbirdHH
Tom Ford is the king of marketing, this being not special you pay what it is worth
by Lobogaust
by Lobogaust

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Toilette) by Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense by Tom Ford