Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford

Noir Extreme 2015 Eau de Parfum

Carlitos01
26.02.2020 - 03:04 AM
Top Review

The milk dessert oriental perfume

[short review]
The 7th Avenue is the heart of New York for me. It's lively, colourful, reasonably safe, and if you are in the mood for it, it's a lot of fun. Last year I spent a full week in New York with my wife and my kids, and I must admit that probably we spent half of the time in 7th Avenue or in its neighborhood. Meals tend to be a lot of fun as well and you may choose to munch in hundred different places sometimes eating food hard to recognize its origin or background.
In that particular day, my daughter and I decided on a brunch in Dunkin' Donuts. My daughter confessed to me that she was just dying for a "Doce de Leite" donut or cake. "Doce de Leite" it's a recipe from Brazil made with caramelized condensed milk and that you stuff in donuts and cakes, or you just eat it "solo" with a spoon if you are a gourmand person.
"Sorry my love, but you are in the wrong continent for it", said I. "How come you remembered "Doce de Leite" now? If you think you will get it in a Dunkin' Donuts, you are going to be deceived".
"Papi, you smell like "doce de leite" all over, so you must have been eating it earlier today. If Dunkin' Donuts is not the place, take me somewhere else".
That morning so far I just had a cup of coffee and an orange juice, so no way I could smell any kind of dessert type... or could I. I just asked her, "darling, do smell my neck!".
Oh my god.. you bath in "Doce de Leite" this morning for sure... ", she said.
Mystery solved! I never had noticed before that Noir Extreme smells like brazilian "doce de leite"... it really does!

Noir extreme opens with sweet and warm spices (mainly saffron and cardamom), evolves into a heart with sweet florals and a dessert note that really is very similar to a more oriental "sweet milk" as it seems umbilically linked to the initial notes of cardamom and saffron. That's the heavy note of kulfi, a milk-based Indian dessert.
The bottom reveals a sweet and smooth continuity and is rich in abundant vanilla, as well as amber and sandalwood. It is woody, powdery, ambery, and balsamic and a real joy to wear.
I describe the fragrance as undoubtedly sweet, deeply oriental, but not at all nauseating. I find it extremely seductive and I include it in a selection of Tom Ford perfumes that I really like.

Music: "Conquistador" - by Procol Harum

Latest Reviews

Carlitos01Carlitos01 8 days ago
1899 - Histoires de Parfums

1899 Spice up your life!
It may seem strange that something as seemingly insignificant as a spice could have played a very important role in world history. After all, we are referring to a small amount of "something" to pleasure our mouth and nose. Well, we may as well...

Carlitos01Carlitos01 21 days ago
Akkad - Lubin

Akkad By the power of Ishtar
[short review] Akkad or Akkadia was the capital of the Akkadian Empire. It was the dominant ruling power in ancient Mesopotamia for a century and a half. It was all started more than 4200 years ago when the Akkadians took over the Sumerians....