Ombré Leather 2018Eau de Parfum

Version from 2018
Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 41 in Unisex Perfume
Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with Sauvage (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Saffron, Jasmine sambac
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack leather, Patchouli, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesWhite moss, Amber

Submitted by Tester2015, last update on 21.01.2021.

Love at first sight
Everyone will have a scent like this: you stroll through the perfumery and smell your way through the new or unknown fragrances. That's what happened to me this past winter of 2019.
I saw the Ombré Leather bottle took off the cap and smelled the atomizer.

WOW.

In that same second, I knew this was my new winter scent. I sprayed some of that sweet leather on my neck and bought a 50ml bottle.

To date, I have tested several leather scents and this one continues to be my favorite. He convinces me especially by his mixture of leather, sweetness and gourmand.
In addition, he brings with many compliments and definitely stands out!

Durability is outstanding. Sillage is also very good.
The bottle is nice and discreet, the atomizer cracks with me now unfortunately after a year and can no longer always spray the first time.

All in all, a very great leather fragrance that is different from its competitors
The little brother of the Tuscan Leather
Yeah what can I say?! If you try this fragrance after Tuscan Leather, it doesn't have it easy either. To hold your own in this duel is not possible. One thing in advance: These fragrances come both from the house TF, but are in their DNA but different.

The Ombre comes fresher. He sprays something much lighter, where against TL one the leather at the beginning really thickly haut around the ears. Thus, this one is actually for much more seasons as well as occasions.

The freshness or the lightness disappears after about 2 hours and it remains a ehrmer pleasant leather scent.

Unlike many commentators wrote, the fragrance keeps me relatively not long. With me is after 5-6 hours end with the fun and you (n) must re-spray. - Or else, as it goes into the evening hours, supplemented with Tuscan Leather. -

Also, I think this fragrance is not suitable for women. For this he is much too masculine.

Who is looking for a solid leather fragrance, which also radiates fresh, is well advised here.
Fine gourmand leather
Personal approach: The first contact with Tom Ford's Ombré Leather I had at the Düsseldorf airport on the way to the holiday with two friends. At the first spray, I associated with the perfume a very fine leather, as it is used in the production of high-quality leather gloves. Since I like leather as a scent, this moment stuck in my mind in a very positive way. A short time later at the gate, my two friends also noticed the smell and it caused them to argue about which of them would have to sit right next to me and endure this smell at close range for the next four hours. Leather is apparently not everyone's thing, although OL already belongs to the more portable leather scents.

Scent description: as a top note dominates on my skin a soft leather with a very coherent cardamom-jasmine composition, which I clearly prefer in the class of gourmand leather fragrances "Wild Leather" and "Goldophin". It is the highlight of this perfume. After 1-2 hours, this fine leather scent gradually fades into the background in favor of a balsamic-sweet note that lingers on my skin for many more hours. It is also a very round fragrance, but rather sweet and less leathery.

Durability and Sillage: The durability of the perfume is above average. 10 hours, the perfume is clearly perceptible on my skin and it projects neatly in the first 4 hours. On clothing, the perfume lasts much longer, although then the balsamic-sweet note is very dominant.

Bottle and packaging: The cylindrical matte black bottle looks dignified and is full in the hand. The front-side inscription is emblazoned on a flush piece of faux leather. The weighty cap with engraved TF logo gives a high-quality impression and sits really tight. The black outer packaging made of thin cardboard of a shameful quality for the price range clouds the solid impression a little.

Conclusion: for a little over 100 euros per 100ml you get a nice leather scent, which (unfortunately) becomes increasingly sweet. As described in another comment, it does not lose its elegance - fans of a rich thick leather (like me) come here but not really at their expense. The (online) price of this TF unisex leather fragrance is fine.

Ptsau
Very ordinary, simple and linear but realistic leather scent!
I tried it on my skin at Nordstrom. It’s nice leather scent (if you only want leather scent literally) and I ‘kinda’ like it but it’s too simple and linear. I only invest in niche brands but since this one has so much hype, I really want to try it because I love leather note. I wouldn’t say I’m disappointed but I just don’t have the eager to spend the money on this although it is actually not expensive. I’m so used the complex scents of niche brands so I rather spend my money on the niche even they cost more. I would suggest the brands like Memo, Aqua di Parma, Andy Tauer, etc. for those who wants different, unique and complex leather scents and don’t mind to spend more money on the good quality niche fragrances.
DN1982
I'm not gonna be happy with this leather
I have a good acquaintance who has at least as much of a penchant for good scents as I do. But in one thing he is a good step ahead of me: he has no scruples about pushing a three-figure amount of money for an eau-chen over the counter, where the Achzisch-Oiro border is as insurmountable as the death strip of the inner-German border. We don't see each other so often and at one of the last meetings he gave me a huge pleasure with Ford's Tobacco Vanilla. This time he waved Ombré Leather in his hand. "Check it out, it's from the same place as the summer gingerbread."
Since I didn't have a cold just now, I was happy to do so. Leather... - is always good! But I know only hombre, Ombré is unknown to me. So I'd rather be careful. I take off my cap and I don't want to land on my wrist Basically, the head and heart notes consist of only 2 things: black leather and the Arabic jasmine. Black leather, how best to describe it? Well, it's not the skin of some exotic cattle stuff, it's leather that's been through a lot. This smell reminds me a little bit of leather that has been soaked, even drowned, in the grease of a car. Not a clean grease, but a black, dirty sludge that has the smell of the street all over it: dust and metal abrasion. The actual leather note becomes black and tart as such.
And now comes the fatal part: Jasmine. This floral ingredient turns the daredevil leather note, which in itself is not a pleasant scent, into something that inevitably makes me think of PAHs: polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, contained in tar oils, among other things.
Thank God I only took it on a test strip, contrary to my habits, because that is really too much of a good thing.
Unfortunately this basic mood lasts for hours. The cardamom brings a little bit of light sharpness, vetiver sets small sharp needle stitches again and again and never has the intention or the power to give more, which even the patchouli can't do, but remains rather diffuse.
It is only at the base that this fragrance becomes wearable for me. Amber and moss do not take away the blackness of the leather, so they do not take away its goo. But they do something with it. They age the leather. It still hangs on the old ladder wagon, but it hasn't come into contact with the grease for 20, 30 or even 50 years. Whatever's still sticking to it has dried up and lets a little sweetness shine through. But when I scratch the thicker grease spots on the leather, I notice that in places it is not completely dried out after all and spreads its PAH-teristic smell.
I'm going to locate the scent with a vintage car driver, no matter if they are old trucks, cars, motorcycles or tractors, they just shouldn't be younger than from the 1930s. I also associate the scent with old trades, some of which are now extinct, or the stoker on a steam locomotive. It doesn't go with Daytona 675 and a GTI. And unisex? Well, not really...
Hello leather!
I was looking for a great leather scent for a long time. Since then I have owned Valentino oumo intense and Bottega veneta pour homme intense but the leather scent never really came out. So I blindly bought the Ombre Leather and fell in love immediately ! Great leather scent that is really in the foreground and is accompanied by a great sweetness. It lasts for 7-8 hours and develops over the whole time to a great interaction of all scents. Absolute darling become and directly the large bottle after ordered
Angelina90
When leather becomes sweet ...
.... and still keeps its own elegance!
I always find that if a fragrance is too sweet, it also loses its elegance..... I don't know if it's just me, but I have the feeling that I'm always with too sweet scents! Unless the perfumer can manage to make a fragrance sweet AND elegant..... and that is exactly what happens here!
I love leather scents and look at these already closely when it comes to a rating.... and I can say: Mr. Ford has this scent really bombastically managed!

Leather: yes
Sweetness: jaaa
Elegance: YES !!

This leather scent is unisex and can be worn by people who love leather but want something different and special in one fragrance.
I don't find it too feminine and also not too masculine....really UNISEX !!

A woman who wears it likes to wear chic clothes to work during the week, which she also loves very much, that is: Blamain Blazer, Christian Louboutin High Heels and a chic red lipstick....and of course Ombre Leather! On weekends she doesn't feel like wearing high heels and a blazer anymore and wears Doc Martens with a stylish dress! But the red lipstick stays...maybe in a brighter colour...and also fits to this outfit...who guesses? Ombre Leather !! :)

Season: AUTUMN !!! :)

Greetings
Angelina Patchouli

Signature Collection Presentation - Private Blend Content
On the test strip, I quickly find it annoying because of the sweet berry, but on my skin I like it very much, my skin seems to swallow the sweet berry and what remains is a smoky, slightly flowery, leathery scent with a certain sex appeal. Has a very versatile effect, it can be worn very elegantly but also very loosely. For me a fragrance for the colder days. The sprayer is ok, the bottle on the other hand I find terrible, boring, cheap varnished, ugly imitation leather emblem on the front, well the cap is pleasantly heavy. Cardboard unfortunately identical to the signature collection, instead of the direction Private Blend.
All in all a good allrounder for cold days and a little bit "wilder" looking guys like me very fitting. Durability and Sillage on clothes good, on my skin unfortunately only rather mediocre. Can penetrate very nevig with overdose or on the "bottle days" and cause headaches! I would not wear it in the office!
I consider the price/performance for the bid and the label to be adequate to ok.
In my memory the Ombré Leather 16 smelled identical or even the same, it's been too long and the empty bottle then LEIDER landed in the trash, otherwise I could compare directly. Purely from memory, for me they are identical scents, I feel no difference. 18 smells like I have 16 in memory. good!
Ps: To determine the fill level, simply scratch off a small strip of paint at the bottom, hold the bottle horizontally, illuminate it with a flashlight on the long side and tada at the bottom the scratched strip gives you a view of the contents/fill level! You can use a wide tweezers and you won't notice it on the bottom when the bottle is on the shelf!

El hombre sofisticado.
Teniendo en cuenta que a los perfumes de cuero debemos echarle imaginación para asociarlo con este material.
De entrada nos encontramos un cuero poco natural, más bien un cuero sintético. Un olor a hombre sofisticado. Un cuero que no es pesado de llevar y que está muy bien conseguido.
En la piel dura bien, pero en la ropa es una bestialidad. En cuanto a la proyección tiene algo de potencia pero no sofoca a las demás personas.
Un aroma a modernidad completamente con toques de "cuero plástico" o goma.

What a beauty .. typical TOM FORD
I got a sample of Tuscan Leather in a Douglas shop and it was really nice, I had the impression that is not long lasting enough, but the smell very nice and leathery.

A few days after, I tried Ombre Leather and I feel the similarity between them but OL becomes somehow fruitier and aromatic versus the TL.

They are both very good but my favourite from them is the OL, it goes very well with my black leather jacket but also with a suit jacket and white shirt. The price is almost double for 100ML for TL and that counts too, I do not see the point in paying twice for something similar to what OL offers.

Soon I will come with a YouTube review.

Scent: 10 - Really awesome, leathery but also aromatic and a bit fruity
Longevity: Beyond 10+ hours, on my jacket sprayed a week ago, it is still noticeable
Silage: Oh yes, it goes more than arm´s lenght.
Bottle: 7 - Meh, I like the matt finish but it does not seem particularly special.

Nik604Nik604 2 months ago
Another overly hyped sherbet , boring , linear and overpriced. Where is the creativity now days - only Isomaltol and Iso E..
CnFCnF 4 months ago
Friendlier version of TL. It has some cooler notes which makes it ideal for younger people or events with a bit more heat. Very classy
TeleraTelera 4 months ago
Probé pulverizar mi chaqueta, una vez dentro del avión me la quité y la metí en mi maleta. El olor no se fué de la maleta en varias semanas.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 6 months ago
A really good intro to leather fragrance: sweet, smooth, and likeable. Evoking an image of a very expensive handbag in a luxury boutique.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 11 months ago
This is an animalic leather perfume. We encounter animalic/earthy secondary notes in an amber background, but the leather dark accord rules.
MillanderMillander 1 year ago
The best leather scent I've ever beside Colonia Leather, which is smokier and Ombre Leather is more flowery.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Beautiful. It's basically the drydown of Tuscan leather and it's my go to leather scent. Stunning. Not great longevity though on new bottles

by Torero
by FrauZett
by AaronMulle
by AaronMulle

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud by Tom Ford