Ombré Leather 2018Eau de Parfum

Version from 2018
Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 41 in Unisex Perfume
Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Saffron, Jasmine sambac
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack leather, Patchouli, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesWhite moss, Amber

Submitted by Tester2015, last update on 01.10.2020.

Signature Collection Presentation - Private Blend Content
On the test strip, I quickly find it annoying because of the sweet berry, but on my skin I like it very much, my skin seems to swallow the sweet berry and what remains is a smoky, slightly flowery, leathery scent with a certain sex appeal. Has a very versatile effect, it can be worn very elegantly but also very loosely. For me a fragrance for the colder days. The sprayer is ok, the bottle on the other hand I find terrible, boring, cheap varnished, ugly imitation leather emblem on the front, well the cap is pleasantly heavy. Cardboard unfortunately identical to the signature collection, instead of the direction Private Blend.
All in all a good allrounder for cold days and a little bit "wilder" looking guys like me very fitting. Durability and Sillage on clothes good, on my skin unfortunately only rather mediocre. Can penetrate very nevig with overdose or on the "bottle days" and cause headaches! I would not wear it in the office!
I consider the price/performance for the bid and the label to be adequate to ok.
In my memory the Ombré Leather 16 smelled identical or even the same, it's been too long and the empty bottle then LEIDER landed in the trash, otherwise I could compare directly. Purely from memory, for me they are identical scents, I feel no difference. 18 smells like I have 16 in memory. good!
Ps: To determine the fill level, simply scratch off a small strip of paint at the bottom, hold the bottle horizontally, illuminate it with a flashlight on the long side and tada at the bottom the scratched strip gives you a view of the contents/fill level! You can use a wide tweezers and you won't notice it on the bottom when the bottle is on the shelf!

El hombre sofisticado.
Teniendo en cuenta que a los perfumes de cuero debemos echarle imaginación para asociarlo con este material.
De entrada nos encontramos un cuero poco natural, más bien un cuero sintético. Un olor a hombre sofisticado. Un cuero que no es pesado de llevar y que está muy bien conseguido.
En la piel dura bien, pero en la ropa es una bestialidad. En cuanto a la proyección tiene algo de potencia pero no sofoca a las demás personas.
Un aroma a modernidad completamente con toques de "cuero plástico" o goma.

What a beauty .. typical TOM FORD
I got a sample of Tuscan Leather in a Douglas shop and it was really nice, I had the impression that is not long lasting enough, but the smell very nice and leathery.

A few days after, I tried Ombre Leather and I feel the similarity between them but OL becomes somehow fruitier and aromatic versus the TL.

They are both very good but my favourite from them is the OL, it goes very well with my black leather jacket but also with a suit jacket and white shirt. The price is almost double for 100ML for TL and that counts too, I do not see the point in paying twice for something similar to what OL offers.

Soon I will come with a YouTube review.

Scent: 10 - Really awesome, leathery but also aromatic and a bit fruity
Longevity: Beyond 10+ hours, on my jacket sprayed a week ago, it is still noticeable
Silage: Oh yes, it goes more than arm´s lenght.
Bottle: 7 - Meh, I like the matt finish but it does not seem particularly special.

The more portable Tuscan Leather
I love that smell. TL I can't wear, is too sweet screamer and I don't like screamers. This one is not as sweet, is more airy, drier and not as sticky as TL. Sometimes the jasmine note seems to me to be unlucky because it makes the fragrance look a bit too feminine for my taste. But sometimes this fragrance smells like it was made for me, including jasmine and the way it is. Seems to be a matter of mood.

For me Ombre Leather is between Tuscan Leather and Jeroboam Vespero and Vespero is between TL and OL...or something like that anyway.

I have both OL and Vespero and therefore I am well equipped. At least when it comes to leather.

SpicyDice
Wow! Put on the leather jackets.
When I was on my way back from London to Berlin, I walked through all the perfume shops and duty free shops at the airport again of course.
There I saw a huge tower Tom Ford Ombre Leather. Since my great love is the Oud Wood from the same house and I wore a leather jacket on the day of the return flight, I had to try it of course. Until then I had only tried rather heavy and sweet scents. Acqua di Gio was the only fresh scent in my collection.

The Ombre Leather was not unpleasant at the beginning, which is a good sign with not sooo gourmand scents and my nose. after only 5 minutes the scent developed in a wonderful direction and harmonized also with the leather jacket really fantastic!

The performance is also quite good, especially for the price. After 3-5h you can still feel it in the air and even 10h after application it is still on your skin I love this fragrance and can only recommend it to everyone who is looking for a good fragrance for a fair taler!
Kagi
Ombré Leather smells just like you expect, doesn't it?
First read about it, smelled it in the shop...
After years of fishing in the cloud of scents suitable for the masses, my journey began.
The first time I smelled it I thought of a noble soft new leather jacket. Such a plausible and clear leather scent, which for me at the beginning only showed leather.
In the course of time and a bottling I have sniffed from time to time.
Meanwhile I smell of course in the foreground the leather but my nose perceives more and more, like the jasmine and cardamom.
Over time, the leather takes over the background and becomes warmer and more flattering.
The durability is good, you get noticed, but it is definitely not a crowdpleaser! No fragrance for dates etc., but I like to wear it for myself from time to time when I'm standing in the workshop, but certainly not at my desk.
Scent is strong and certainly special!
Sillage is solid, but can bother others who don't like this Tom Ford very much, but that's what TF stands for, isn't it?
Durability is good, not particularly good or bad, simply good.
The bottle may not be very good, but the design is special and integrates perfectly and overall.
My tip: Get some testers and smell them from time to time, then you can see the value, but certainly no blind purchase.
Chizza
Leather jacket? Only if it has syrup on it first
Why Ombre Leather when it already has Tuscan Leather? Well, both are really different and could partly appeal to other buyers. First of all: both appeal to me.
For me, Ombre is more like Rasasi LY at the beginning, in which the raspberry appears fruitier than in TL. Here it is quite fruity-sweet at the beginning. In the further course of time the sweetness retreats a little bit, Ombre becomes more wearable as a leather scent for the wearer, who is otherwise rather not found in the leather store. I would compare it to Wild Leather, which has a sweet aftertaste in my eyes, but others see it as more animalistic. This is definitely not Ombre.
Well, some people compare him to Godolphin for his dignified manner. Perhaps this comparison is most apt, except at the beginning. However, the PdM version is in my opinion more straightforward, more elegant and really something for business. I can imagine OL as well, but potentially with younger candidates.
Be that as it may, OL is a beautiful leather scent, which is different from those that are often called leather. I can only recommend it to those who find leather too harsh.
Does it smell like a leather jacket? Honestly: this one is too sweet for that, for leather jacket you better go to AdP. There is a high carat that really smells like leather market
Sniffo
If it's the leather jacket, then...
...I usually wear ombré leather. Because that's exactly what I bought it for.
Like many others here, I try to choose my fragrance according to the outfit, occasion and form on the day. My previous champion in leather jackets was the Valentino uomo Intense, but I had to throw it out because of the bad durability and projection, which I could not understand. As difficult as it was for me, I had to find a new scent. So I went on a search and, with my girlfriend always at my side, I visited the department stores. At Tom Ford's booth I noticed the never tested and highly praised Tuscan Leather. And what can I say, I was really charmed by his complexity and character. Unfortunately, my girlfriend as well as the price tag made a real mess of it. Well, too bad...
Nevertheless, the scent did not let me go and so I ordered the Ombré Leather a few days later and a few perfume contributions later. Here it's often called a more tame version of TL and so I waited anxiously. Finally on the skin, I first noticed the intense leather note. Unfortunately, this disappears already after a short time and decreases in the further course of time more and more. In its place the raspberry note comes to the fore. But it is not a squeaky pink raspberry, pickled in cotton candy like a Joop Homme, but a green, wild and sour raspberry.
I perceive smoky notes at the beginning, but I can no longer assign them correctly in the further course.
So there are already some parallels to Tuscan Leather and I would not like to miss that. However, Ombre Leather remains a bit too linear and predictable for me, but it is more wearable and probably the more pleasant choice for most "non perfume lovers". And that's exactly what this fragrance aims for. It takes a refined DNA, too bad to keep it from the mainstream, and packages it in a garment suitable for everyday use. Well, he succeeded very well and you get a decent fragrance for the price. Unfortunately I could not draw a comparison to OL 16, that would have interested me very much as well.
Finally a few words about the performance. OL lasts the whole evening/working day if you are not a combat swimmer or cave diver. Even the next day it is still visible on the skin and on clothes anyway. The Sillage keeps quite well for the first 4 hours and even after that I can still feel the scent on me.
I would wear it with leather clothes, as I mentioned before. In general it goes rather well with dark clothes.
It can also be worn well at temperatures up to 20 degrees.

LG
Leather of the finest!

At the very first moment, you may be a little surprised by the sweetness of Tom Ford's Ombre Leather, as you might not expect it from a leather scent. But this sweetness is extremely fine and nuanced, and the leather soon overtakes it, too.
I have smelled some leather chords in fragrances before, but this one is by far the best: authentic and natural, smooth and soft, noble and tightly entwined with the other notes. The duet of leather and amber in Drydown, for example, harmonizes as well as the tobacco and amber in Dolce & Gabbana's The One. Simply beautiful...
And we perfume daffodils here, as we all delight in our own fragrances, should not forget why we wear fragrances among other things (or actually even primarily): To please the opposite sex (and for some of us even our own). This Tom Ford takes this into account, because as a leather scent - a note that, in my experience, not every woman necessarily loves - it is very attractive and seductive. Maybe that's also because leather is usually dazzled with tobacco, smoke or alcoholic notes, but this perfume is so different and unobtrusive.

Carlitos01
An elegant but true cowboy could use this perfume
[short review]
I like leather scents! For me they come in four types:
- Extra sweet opening but with strong leather - not bad but I really would prefer a strong leather scent without a raspberry note. So I prefer this Tom Ford Ombré Leather to Tuscan Leather and their satelites like Rasasi La Yuqawam, Al Haramain Leather Oudh and Parfums de Marly Godolphin.
- Animalic or Earthy leather - that's probably the option I like the most. Usually we encounter an animalic or earthy secondary note and an ambery background. Some examples may be John Varvatos Dark Rebel, Mancera Wild Leather, Royal Leather by Charriol, Cuir by Molinard and ... Tom Ford Ombré Leather. Oud, saffron, moss, musk, patchouli and sometimes even castoreum, are options to season this type of leather scent.
- Extra animalic or earthy or spicy - Even if not a bad perfume option, most of the times I don't consider them a leather fragrance any longer. That's the case of my beloved Amouage Epic Man and Christian Dior Fahrenheit, where other strong or intrusive notes outshine the leather.
- Peaceful and sweet metrosexual leather - I may even like the fragrances a lot but the leather note gives up its leadership to sweet or smooth notes like vanilla or iris. We may find examples with Azzaro Naughty Leather, Vanilla & Leather by S.T. Dupont and Valentino Uomo Intense.

Having positioned Ambré Leather in a "leather fragrance market menu" let me just state some other brief opinions about this perfum.
It opens with mild spices (cardamom and saffron) and just a bit of a white floral sweetness. The heart proposes you a strong dark animalic leather a bit tamed by herbs (vetiver, moss) and framed by an amber background. I like it very much. It's different from Tuscan Leather and I like this one better. Its performance is above average and the presentation is nice and unique in the Tom Ford line of perfumes. Its versatility and wearability are limited to the colder weather and mainly at night, and not really suitable for the office or small spaces.
I just don't like it to be overpriced like so many Tom Ford fragrances. I do recommend it provided it fits your budget.

Music: Midnight Cowboy Theme by Harry Nilsson - "Everybody's Talkin' "

CnFCnF 1 day ago
Friendlier version of TL. It has some cooler notes which makes it ideal for younger people or events with a bit more heat. Very classy
TeleraTelera 19 days ago
Probé pulverizar mi chaqueta, una vez dentro del avión me la quité y la metí en mi maleta. El olor no se fué de la maleta en varias semanas.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 63 days ago
A really good intro to leather fragrance: sweet, smooth, and likeable. Evoking an image of a very expensive handbag in a luxury boutique.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 7 months ago
This is an animalic leather perfume. We encounter animalic/earthy secondary notes in an amber background, but the leather dark accord rules.
MillanderMillander 8 months ago
The best leather scent I've ever beside Colonia Leather, which is smokier and Ombre Leather is more flowery.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 9 months ago
Beautiful. It's basically the drydown of Tuscan leather and it's my go to leather scent. Stunning. Not great longevity though on new bottles

It's just leather.
by Baran1984
by FrauZett
by FrauZett

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford White Suede by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Oud Wood Intense by Tom Ford