Ombré Leather 2018 Eau de Parfum

Version from 2018
Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Top 50 in Unisex Perfume
Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies.
Scent goes well with Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
SaffronSaffron
Jasmine sambacJasmine sambac
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack leatherBlack leather
PatchouliPatchouli
VetiverVetiver
Base Notes Base NotesWhite mossWhite moss
AmberAmber

Submitted by Tester2015, last update on 14.10.2021.

Uiuiui a super mishmash
To describe this fragrance is not so easy. My first thought, well once shoe shop or leather factory, but then it changes into an exclusive gentlemen's club with leather equipment. A club where about God and the world is talked, whiskey and rum is drunk, possibly a cigar is smoked.
Also a woody, green resin note is easily perceptible.
Then all of a sudden it smelled totally like cannabis. Now After several hours it is a pleasant mix of leather, grass and a citrus note.

For women more or less suitable but on a man to whom it fits is certainly a fragrance where you sniff after.

Butterfly effect
Genuine leather , I expected more from this one. Tuscan leather , Acqua di parma leather & now ombré leather.

I say...too much leather these days .

Lovely scent but to me the same as Tuscan leather etc..

Compare this with Fahrenheit edt
So.. I have not tried too many leather dominant (not just as a note but truly smells like leather) fragrances. But I think most people are interested in these two so I want to offer some insights on which one you should buy and if you have one should you go for the other

for convenience sake, OL is ombre leather and FH is Fahrenheit

The overall experience of OL is a black, rough leather. Imagine some raw hide that has just been processed out of factory and ready to be used for whatever purposes. They have a certain chemical rough smell to them that is well... leathery. And they are not flexible at all. OL also seems more linear to me, after the opening slightly jasmine and fruit smell for less than 10 sec it jumps straight into that fresh raw rough leather smell and it stays like that.

FH on the other hand, smells more complex, much more complex. after the opening of fresh violet leaf ozonic airyness, I can detect chamomile, nutmeg and some floral green sweetness. The leather in FH is soft, supple, and reminds me much more of the texture of a woman's leather glove. or that from a vintage sports car where the leather has been weathered so much that they are very soft and flexible.

Which one I like better? I like FH better because it's more interesting to me. in a sense, it is less rough/masculine than OL but OL gives off a vibe that is very biker like.

If you are a student of leather frags, please do buy both. For mass appeal, I'd recommend FH. For those who want the most authentic leather smell, go for OL.

Neither smells...elegant per se.. but the impression of FH is more acceptable in business settings IMO.
If you are a biker at heart or a fan of PURE LEATHER smell, OL would do you better

in terms of wearability, FH>OL. FH has more freshness so in the summer it's also wearable. Additionally, the new batches of FH have great performance and is more bang for buck
Casual Leather
Why the fuck "Casual Leather"?

Unlike other leathery fragrances skin this one not directly with the hammer on it. He starts pleasantly fruity, but immediately resonates a LIGHT leather note, which always remains on the man (or woman).

This lightness makes the fragrance for me much more wearable in everyday life than a Tom Ford TL or a Rasasi LY. I do not know about you, but sometimes they were just sometimes too much...

So who wants to have a nice, light, fruity-leathery everyday fragrance, which can strike here confidently.

For me, almost all year round wearable, except perhaps in midsummer.

Ultimately, this casual leather fragrance fits just not only to special situations, where it must be particularly cold, so that it can unfold its magic, but just almost always, when you want (except just vllt in midsummer, but no matter, try goes over study) :-D

Oh damn, what seasons and occasions, wear fragrances when YOU want it and do not follow general recommendations - Who cares? Life is too short to wear your favorite fragrance only on January 23...

Tom Ford Ombré Leather gets a definite buy recommendation from me. Get a bottling, test him and you will do it to me and buy directly a bottle :-D
Manu87
First of all, many thanks to JanP87, who recommended this fragrance to me. This is currently one of my favorite fragrances. What does it smell like? Go into a Mercedes Benz dealership and sit in a new S class. The leather smells gorgeous and that sweetness is killer. The best part is that the scent just keeps getting better and better. The durability is great, lasts 10 hours on my skin. I must confess that I was skeptical, but I can only recommend the fragrance
The better ombre?
I got over a few swaps now to this TF Ombre Leather and what can I say, it now stays and will not be swapped further.
Immediately after the first test you smell the leather and indeed fine, high-quality leather and then you quickly take the second, I call it times main component was.
It has already written here some that it is something "berry". I have also directly thought of raspberry and associated with it directly also times a connection to the other Ombre. Nomad with name.
And indeed, a certain similarity is not to be denied. Only the OL has that certain something that the ON lacks. Namely leather and thus a m.M.n. yet a clearly masculine edge.
The scent progression I have felt as quite linear, where the leather dominates at the beginning, it changes later the place with the berry. But these two notes already set the tone.
Durability and sillage are absolutely ok and equal to the other Ombre

ChicoRoch1
Wish all fragrances lasted this long
Ombre leather is a top drawer scent from Tom Ford. The fragrance stays on the skin at least 2 whole days and after a shower the scent can still be noticed. I wonder why other fragrances don't go this distance. The scent is a pleasant woody leathery beast. 2 or 3 sprays and you are set! The price is affordable considering its a niche item. It is easily in my top 10 list of favorites.
KarlssonDach
Great leather opening with sweet ending
It is my leather jacket fragrance, which I accordingly also wear exclusively in leisure. Nothing for the usual office. The first hour I take the leather still strongly perceived. This is then followed by the spicy main course.
Sometimes I slip out of the suit and directly into jeans and leather jacket. Ombre Leather on it and it is perfect for me. Since also disturbs the quite manageable durability with me before the final sweetness not.

- Fragrance | opening: 9.0 I love this opening. Leather jacket!
- Fragrance | Middle: 8.5 Then becomes increasingly spicy and leather I hardly smell.
- Fragrance | Drydown: 6.5 Towards the end I perceive only sweet components (from about 4h).
- Overall rating: 8.0

- Sillage: first strong and then weakening
- Projection duration: 2-3 h
- Perceptible on the skin: 8 h

The following batch was evaluated: A70 (produced: July 2020).
Ombré Leather - An entry fragrance into the leather theme
In the opening of the fragrance you smell right away the leather, which is a very natural leather.
By this I mean, for example, the typical smell of a leather jacket, a high-quality leather belt or but also the leather upholstery of a brand new car.
Sometimes the fragrance goes for me clearly in the masculine direction, the other day again in the feminine direction.
The reason for this is probably the jasmine note, which adds something floral to the fragrance and thus makes the fragrance very wearable for women.
That the fragrance is classified as unisex, is therefore logical.

Later, the jasmine note gets for my sensation more and more in the background, as the patchouli / patchouli and the amber prevail against this with a "we-are-now on the row mentality".

On my skin, the longevity is about 10-12 hours, which is really quite satisfying.
The sillage I feel as "good" to "very good", as especially in the first 2-3 hours the fragrance projects between one and three meters.
I would use a maximum of 4-5 sprays, so that the fragrance does not disturb your fellow men and also yourself too much.
Even with a usual workday it is well portable, however, I would use even less sprays there.

As a season, the autumn and winter is perfect, because the fragrance comes through the leather, the amber and the patchouli / patchouli dark and mysterious over.
In the spring, I would only wear it on the cooler spring days.
In summer, I would avoid Ombré Leather altogether because the scent can come across as too heavy, too offensive, and too overbearing for that.

For me, Ombré Leather is above all a very good entry fragrance for people who want to dive into the leather theme and have leather as a main note in a perfume, because it is not too expensive, but still smells very high quality and is very well received even by people who are not too concerned with fragrances.
You get namely every now and then from strangers a compliment for this fragrance and often the tenor is that you smell "unique" and "different" than the majority of perfume wearers.
The eternal limping comparison
Tom Ford. Leather. I thought that was something. One of the most famous fragrances of the house of Tom Ford is Tuscan Leather. The polarizing strong leather fragrance about which many previous speakers have already written. But wait. We are but not under the fragrance Tuscan Leather landed, but under the fragrance Ombre Leather.
Okay it is also only a word, which separates the two fragrances. Tom Ford TUSCAN Leather and Tom Ford OMBRE Leather. So we have Tuscan Leather versus "a touch of" leather. So both leather fragrances from the same designer perfume house. So it's natural to compare the scents with each other. And that's absolutely fine, but it's starting to get on my nerves that Ombre Leather is pushed into the corner by many connoisseurs, because he allegedly can not keep up with Tuscan Leather.
And it always comes down to the same thing: "In itself, this is a good scent, but even though it's not called Tuscan Leather and it's not the same scent, I'm disappointed that it's not Tuscan Leather. Therefore, the scent is bad."
I would love to read reviews of this fragrance if it had been released before Tuscan Leather.... Well but as we all know Tuscan Leather is one of the sacred original fragrances that came out in 2007. And I too think that Tuscan Leather is a masterpiece! I think it's just great and super creative. However, I just don't think it's fair to always compare to it when smelling Ombre Leather. Both scents should be considered independently as two strong leather scents from one house. On top of that, Ombre Leather is now available in the Signature Line for significantly less money. Now you have two awesome leather scents in two price categories and the full selection. About this you should be happy and not constantly the one or the other fragrance niederschmetternd compare.
So now but to the fragrance itself. Ombre Leather is namely also an incredibly great fragrance! It is a beautiful, gentle and floral fragrance with a great leather accord. Especially jasmine can be heard as a constant companion of the leather and rounds off the fragrance for me very great. In the beginning, the top note of jasmine is still very strong, but from time to time, the note slowly recedes and the leather accord takes over here more and more. The leather is in no way one of the variety hau drauf and give you the full can of new car seats in the luxury sports car. For me, it's more like a quaint old shoe factory where you can stroll through and notice the leather smell of the shoes. It is rather unobtrusive and yet well present and distinctive. For me it is also a very good representative of the unisex fragrances. This is not a leather scent that only men can wear and where women have to get used to it. No, I find it is super wearable by both sexes, which is also probably the jasmine.
The fragrance really has a great durability of 8-10 hours on my skin and the sillage also holds easily 4 hours around you. That is really strong! And here's where I have to make a final comparison, as Ombre Leather actually has a significantly longer longevity and sillage on my skin than Tuscan Leather.
That should be it now... please remember that there are two wonderful leather fragrances from the house of Tom Ford and that each is good and special for itself.
I thank you for reading and your time :-)

GreMuserGreMuser 5 days ago
Softer version of TL, for leather lovers only. For everyone else I think it's way overrated.
PauljaegerPauljaeger 5 months ago
An awesome, mass appealing leather fragrance. Although leather is not for everyone, the sillage and longevity on this one is insane..
Nik604Nik604 11 months ago
Another overly hyped sherbet , boring , linear and overpriced. Where is the creativity now days - only Isomaltol and Iso E..
TeleraTelera 1 year ago
Probé pulverizar mi chaqueta, una vez dentro del avión me la quité y la metí en mi maleta. El olor no se fué de la maleta en varias semanas.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
A really good intro to leather fragrance: sweet, smooth, and likeable. Evoking an image of a very expensive handbag in a luxury boutique.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This is an animalic leather perfume. We encounter animalic/earthy secondary notes in an amber background, but the leather dark accord rules.
MillanderMillander 2 years ago
The best leather scent I've ever beside Colonia Leather, which is smokier and Ombre Leather is more flowery.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
It's basically the drydown of Tuscan leather and it's decent. Not great longevity though on new bottles. My bottle is 2020 lasts 3+4 hours

by Bastian
by Babylon
by Babylon
by TimPlacid
by TimPlacid
Leather scent overload!! Now all I need is a Harley Davidson...
by MariaS
by FrauZett
by AaronMulle
by AaronMulle

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford