Soleil Brûlant 2021

Soleil Brûlant by Tom Ford
Soleil Brûlant is a new perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is resinous-spicy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Bergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom absolute, Black honey
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Resins, Woods, Vetiver, Leather, Frankincense

Submitted by Megamare2020, last update on 05.05.2021.

Ambre Solaire
I always choose one new fragrance to add to my Summer Wardrobe and I chose this one this year. Now this reminds me of sun tan oil I used to wear in Spain in the 90's. That's fine by me because I love the smell. This is along the lines of Soleil Blanc which I also like but surprisingly this performs rather well. It's close to the body not a massive projector but has lasted for about 8 hours on me today. It doesn't break any barriers but it is nice. Over priced? 100%. But all of the Private Blends are and its to be expected.
Unfortunately a new boring Tom Ford
I received my bottling of Soleil Brûlant yesterday. I was really excited about this new Tom Ford, because all the other new Private Blend perfumes were too floral, or too feminine or smelled like iced tea (Bitter Peach). Soleil Brûlant Is better than the other new Tom Ford, but unfortunately not really special or unique. It is simply missing the special with Soleil Brûlant.

Now to the fragrance itself: I smell here initially mandarin bergamot and some pepper. After a few minutes, the woody notes come along with a strong amber and honey note. The other Indicated notes I can not smell unfortunately at all, especially not the leather, this seems to be non-existent.

I think there are clearly better perfumes in this slightly oriental sweet and mild direction. Xerjoff Naxos, Amouage Black Iris, Xerjoff Ouverture etc. These are all also much cheaper and smell better than Soleil Brûlant in my opinion, and also have a longer shelf life and silage. Soleil Brûlant is not weak 6-7 hours are possible without problems, but other perfumes in this direction often create over 10 hours. The price is already outrageous in my opinion, especially for the 50 Ml version. Tom Ford moves now partly almost already on Roja level in view of the price.
I can say here unfortunately really only again that I also find this new Tom Ford not really great, it lacks here really the special to justify this price. Soleil Brûlant Shows unfortunately again that Tom Ford moves in the wrong direction, really horrendous prices for average or partly even bad perfumes. I just miss great new perfumes like Lost Cherry, Mandarino di amalfi, etc..

Sweet, spicy, fresh, resinous
First wearing of the latest release from the Tom Ford Private Blend collection, Soleil Brulant, which follows Soleil Blanc, Eau de Soleil Blanc, and Soleil Neige as another offering using the “sun” name. While Soleil Blanc conjured a beachy, sun tan lotion vibe and Soleil Neige was inspired by fresh, sparkling snow, Soleil Brulant seems to loosely translate “burning sun,” and there’s certainly something bolder about it that Blanc or Neige before it.

Upon initial spray, it smells of resins and sunflowers, a sort of semi-sweet, semi-floral, fairly dense concoction, and seeing the note breakdown, it sort of makes sense: orange flower, honey, pepper, and other resins. It’s vivacious and slightly spicy while not being fresh per se, but the mix of spicy, sweet, and resinous elements, all while not being too heavy, is very interesting.

It’s priced in the higher echelon of the Tom Ford Private Blend, currently $350 for 50ml, and is available directly from the Tom Ford website as well as department stores like Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Macy’s.

Overall it seems to perform well but I’m not so amazed but it that I feel the inclination to buy a bottle, but perhaps just a larger decant to enjoy sometimes. Still, I could this being a major hit with many, as it sorts of works at the intersection of an amber and a fresh spicy men’s fragrance, all while coming off pretty unisex, semi-sweet, and versatile.

7 out of 10

Hochglanzpoliert.
Brüder
Löffelstellung ;P
by TFlover94
by TFlover94

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Tobacco Oud Intense by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford