Soleil Neige 2019 Eau de Parfum

Soleil Neige (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford
Soleil Neige (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tom Ford for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-creamy. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanumLabdanum
MuskMusk
BenzoinBenzoin
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.10.2021.

Smoetn
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
I'm sitting in front of the fireplace in my favourite armchair and have a nice warm cup of tea in my hands. The fire in the fireplace crackles and crackles and through the window I can slowly see the snow falling in thick flakes. My wife is still asleep and my children are playing with the new toys, which they got for Christmas Eve yesterday.

I woke up early, lit the fireplace and then made my favorite tea. But before I sat down in the armchair, I sprayed on "Tobacco Vanilla (Eau de Parfum) | Tom Ford" and now let my soul dangle and enjoyed my tea in peace.

On the radio, "Let it snow" was playing softly in the background, which was nicely fitting since this was finally a white Christmas. The snow outside was at least two feet high and the houses and trees were all covered in a beautiful white blanket of snow.

There was a peaceful, almost picturesque idyllic atmosphere in the house and I was enjoying every moment. Outside it was slowly stopping snowing and the sun was now showing in the crystal blue sky. I put the cup to my mouth and was about to continue drinking my tea when I noticed that the cup was empty. And that's when I also noticed that something was missing; and it wasn't just the tea.

I must have dozed off too, as the fire in the fireplace had burned down to a small ember, and the scent of soot and some stuffy air now hung in the air. And that's when I knew what I was missing; fresh air. I looked outside and saw the snow glistening in the sun through the large windows. The ice crystals sparkled like a thousand stars and I could feel the crisp chill outside inside already.

I went to the big sliding patio door and opened it with a mighty swing. And there it was - that crisp, crystal-clear air, sweltering with the lightly thawed layer of freshly fallen snow. It was a freshness that was very rare; when everything was right and the conditions were just right. It was a freshness like you imagine and wish for in the Arctic when it's too hot again. I drew the air greedily into my lungs with big breaths and knew today was going to be a glorious day for a winter walk.

That, or something like that, is what Soleil Neige Eau de Parfum smells like to me. It is not quite easy to describe this fragrance, at least not the feeling that this fragrance transports for me. Of course, you could break the fragrance down into its individual parts and write that it starts out fresh, then becomes more and more floral, and towards the end it gets a very nice sweet touch. But this would not do justice to the fragrance, therefore, in my opinion, you have to tell here with pictures, what pure text is not able.

But it is amazing how the individual fragrance notes in the interplay evoke exactly this feeling. For me, this Tom Ford is whole great perfume art and even somewhat undervalued in the Tom Ford universe. Of course, the marketing machine works here too, and the description of snow in the sun would possibly not even open up to you without this PR aid. But once you have this image in mind, fits the name of the fragrance like snow at Christmas.

At the same time, the fragrance also holds reasonably long on the skin and has for a kind of fresh fragrance also a decent sillage. The bottle looks very elegant and by the white it also fits perfectly to the fragrance. This is already quite large (head) cinema.

Now only remains the question of whether this fragrance is a summer or winter fragrance. I would say, neither nor, or both. I think you can wear this fragrance all year round; in winter, when you want to enhance the freshness from the snow, or in summer, when you long for winter. And when I write "one", I mean by all means also the version with two "n", since the fragrance comes across unisex for me, even if the floral notes, especially in the heart note, rather remind of a classic women's fragrance.

Overall, I can recommend this fragrance to anyone who likes the smell of fresh snow and would like to try a slightly different scent. And as the icing on the cake, it should be mentioned that this is at least not the most expensive among the Tom Fords.
Scentastic08
Confusing name that somehow fits very well
Soleil Neige. Sunny Snow. Tom Ford markets his 2019 creation by saying that it smells like the sun's rays shining on the blanket of fresh snow in the mountains. Hmm yes what are you supposed to mean by that now so exactly. What does fresh snow smell like? In itself there shouldn't be much of an olfactory confluence. Water, which condenses, rises, cools down in extreme heights and then falls to the ground in solid form. Doesn't sound like anything exciting to the nose. Maybe the sun. Does it smell like something? (From my own experience, I'll just say no here.) Maybe it's the interaction of these two components. We have snow and then the sun. The sun melts the snow. This then becomes water again. But even said water doesn't really have a distinctive smell of its own. So what is this name supposed to convey to us? We will look at this detail later. It remains to be said that the fragrance should smell of precisely nothing if it were to live up to its name. Or perhaps after something warm, aquatic maximum.
But this is not the case. Of course, the fragrance does not smell like nothing either. About the fragrance: in fact, it is a wonderfully fragrant nose-pleaser! What a great release from the house of Ford. It is not aquatic burning. Rather, it is a great, floral-fresh fragrance with super performance.
In the top note you get a wonderful citrus kick missed by the bergamot. Wonderfully balanced and not too intrusive. Quickly joins after a few minutes a white sea of flowers. It develops a wonderful citrus-floral mix that gives a great fresh kick. In the drydown, the scent doesn't get much different, a little bit sweeter due to the more prominent labdanum and very light vanilla notes. So we have a nice fresh floral citrus scent here. However, not the usual white-floral powdery experience that Reflection Man, for example, gives. It's different, more citrusy, not quite put into words, but still beautiful.
The fragrance is absolutely unisex in my opinion! Despite the floral notes, it's not too feminine and it's also not too harsh due to the bergamot. I think he fits perfectly to spring and summer, contrary to the expected snow rather less in the cold season.
In addition, I must say that the fragrance has an incredibly good performance for me for the freshness he conveys. On the skin it is easy to smell 8-10h and the sillage can be seen with 4-5h but times so what!
But now back to the name. So he conveys nothing of melting snow or generally of the sun or snow. And yet the name fits perfectly. You have to include the environment that the name conveys. Because if you imagine standing on a snowy, icy field, looking at the blue sky and breathing deeply the clear air, while the sun is laughing down on you, then the association fits very well with this clear, fresh fragrance.
I thank you for your reading and your perseverance, I hope I could put you this wonderful fragrance a little closer. For me, he finds far too little attention for how great he is :-)

I am surprised...
I bought this when it first come out, so I am writing about the scent when it was launched. I know most of Tom Ford's scents after a while become much poorer in performance than when they are first launched. The difference with Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Tuscan Leather now compared to when they first came out is incomparable. Soleil Neige is a good performer on me. I have worn it in winter and summer. It is very smooth and creamy which I like in the evenings, I wouldn't wear this during the day. It's a little different which is what I like. Compared to the extremely poor and over priced Rose Prick and Lost Cherry, this is rather good in comparison.
The flowery snow
I must admit right here that I bought this fragrance blindly only because of the interesting description and the statement of Parfumo Felsn this fragrance smell so great. Yes I find Soleil Neige also really very great.

I can recognize here unfortunately only very difficult individual notes. In any case, I can smell orange and orange blossom and vanilla and another floral note probably jasmine and rose. One thing I did notice about Soleil Neige though: Soleil Neige bears a strong resemblance to This is Not a Blue Bottle 1.2, and the similarities are really noticeable to everyone. I think here Tom Ford has copied from the This is Not a Blue Bottle something, because this there is already since 2017. Therefore, there is here a point deduction.

The durability is really good 7-8 hours I can perceive Soleil Neige with a pleasant and restrained Silage.

The next point which is probably interesting for many I would also recommend the fragrance to men: Yes definitely, I find Soleil Neige absolutely unisex. You just have to cope with flowers and some sweetness.
In a new guise
Like the softness of underwear and the scent of freshly washed hair, Soleil Neige lays itself on the skin. The silage is strong, this becomes clear with the first sprayer. I am on a summer holiday, not a winter holiday. Apricots and peaches are sprouting, the sun is shining strongly, the hair is wet and the skin is warm. No trace of roses, nor do I smell the other fragrances separately, except bergamot squared, of course. Fresh and in the base still soft as wool it comes along, there is no winter smell. Perhaps Tom Ford and Micallef have joined forces in their winter impressions. In any case, even if no one wants to hear this, after a few hours this perfume smells exactly like Helene Fischer's "That's Me! Exactly, softer and less pungent, but in the end you get Soleil Neige for 1/5 of the price, if you can do without the small plus of warmth. I think that's not bad, because I have nothing against Helene Fischer and nothing against Tom Ford, and yes, because of me this is the higher quality luxury version. But it remains to be considered whether the wheel was reinvented or just refined.
For me a pleasant fragrance, with strong radiation and moderate durability. For Helene a first pungent, then pleasant scent with strong radiation and moderate durability. Do you fall victim to marketing or do you trust your nose? One thing is for sure, a good feeling can be bought with pleasure, but whether it must be this fragrance here for it, be put there
Who plucked the petals?
After my sharing I now comment on this interesting fragrance (had never tested it before)
I was a little disappointed with the first spray test. I didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't what I expected But now it is like this:
The more I wear it, the more I like it I didn't like Soleil Blanc that much Couldn't get the image of sun milk out of his head with this one.

Soleil Neige is different.
After a fairly fresh start (see bergamot) the three main components unfold:
Jasmine, rose and orange blossom.
Beautiful, although I usually don't tolerate jasmine very well But here, I like it.
The fragrance is floral-creamy as the description suggests.
It fits perfectly, looks very elegant.
Occasionally I have to think of an expensive hand cream that smells of fresh flowers.
Durability and sillage are moderate.
Anyway, I'm glad I dared to do it, although I have to admit that especially the bottle in white attracted me
But let's get to the end.
In the base I still perceive musk and vanilla. All in all this Soleil Neige looks very high quality, but unfortunately it does not smell like snow :D
But I would have been interested in a smell like that.
Cosy warm scented blanket
I am writing my first comment here and I chose Soleil Neige because I don't think he gets as much attention as he deserves.
The fragrance description of "sun that meets snow" fits perfectly, the fragrance is pleasantly warm without ever being too heavy or opulent. It immediately lifts my mood and puts me in a good mood ☺️
Creamy vanilla with blossoms, a bit fresh in the opening and musk in the drydown, whereby I have the feeling to be surrounded by a pleasant fragrance cloud all the time. I don't really smell the different components one by one, it results in a great composition that envelops me like a warm blanket.
I can imagine that die-hard Tom Ford fans cannot do so much with soleil neeige. This fragrance is not loud or daring, but beautiful, subtle and quiet. At the same time it is something special for me, you certainly don't smell it on every corner.
The durability is ok, I can still smell the fragrance on my arm after 8 hours, but after 1-2 hours it becomes very close to the skin and then very quickly becomes "skinscent".
At this price one could expect more in terms of performance. I was lucky and got my bottle at a special price
Skiing in Aspen
Last weekend I had the pleasure to test the new TF Soleil Neige at the big, turquoise "D".
I was told beforehand to imagine the following: "They are almost knee-deep in the snow and are walking slowly and hard up a mountain. However, it is not a mountain in nowhere, but they are in Aspen, not far from luxurious hotels and the smell of the small shops in the village. When they finally reach the top, the sun rises directly in front of you".
On the one hand I found the performance not bad, on the other hand I was surprised by the dedication of the salesman when explaining the fragrance ^^
Short and sweet... I'm with him when the sun shines, but not necessarily with the rest. It smells suspiciously like this Hawaiian sun cream (Tropic Silk is the name, I think), but with a subtle sweetness of vanilla underneath. However, the fragrance is not heavy, but pleasantly light and to a certain extent fresh. I personally like it very, very much. However, the scent on my hand was no longer noticeable after about 3 hours, let alone to other people
Besides, it is really outrageous in price (as far as I remember it was 407€/100ML). In principle, the same to Lost Cherry and for a Cherry-Coke/Dr. Pepper fragrance, I do not spend more than 400€ but this only off-topic.

It is praised as unisex and in this case it is very true! Soleil Blanc is often referred to as a women's fragrance (I can't say anything about this, as I have never smelled it before) and as a flanker of this one, I also assumed that Soleil Neige is a feminine fragrance, but as a man you can wear it very well.

Scent is great, Sillage and durability less, price is outrageous.
FelixRyd
A dream in the flower field
I sprayed the scent at Nice Airport before a flight and slept in a cloud of flowers during the flight. It definitely has a calming effect and you relax after spraying it on.

For me a rather light spring scent which was made more for a lady than for the gentleman. But I could imagine an interesting mixture with some of the citric TF scents. It will probably not make it into the collection at the current price, but in and of itself not a bad fragrance
A snowy summer evening
A lukewarm summer evening in the Caribbean. The snow-covered sun, others should call it moon, illuminates the night in its full beauty. In a sea of flowers we drink a sparkling cocktail. That's Soleil Neige.

We start the evening with a sparkling and fresh bergamot. The green and earthy notes quickly join, making the whole a little more interesting. Surrounded by frangipani, jasmine and rose dance lightly across the parquet floor. Finally there is a creamy Labdanum dessert, lightly sweetened with vanilla and musk.

If you are a Soleil Blanc fan, Soleil Neige is a great addition to your collection. The perfume is certainly more on the feminine side, but that doesn't mean that men shouldn't give it a chance. Despite the snow in the name, I see Tom Ford's new creation more as a spring and summer companion. The scent chords are too filigree to withstand a harsh winter day.

All in all a successful access to the Private Blend Collection. It's certainly not Tom Ford's most sophisticated or provocative perfume, but it's still a great fragrance.

tom ford - soleil neige: extrait de schmelzpunktê...
by Felsn
by Ela35
by TheDorn81
by TheDorn81

Popular Tom Ford

Oud Wood (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lost Cherry (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Noir pour Femme by Tom Ford Noir de Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Ombré Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Plum Japonais by Tom Ford Beau de Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Amber Absolute by Tom Ford Fucking Fabulous / Fabulous (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi Acqua by Tom Ford Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford Eau de Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford Oud Minérale by Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (Eau de Parfum) by Tom Ford Lavender Extrême by Tom Ford Vert d'Encens by Tom Ford