Set Sail St. Barts for Men (2007) Eau de Cologne

Set Sail St. Barts for Men (Eau de Cologne) by Tommy Bahama

Set Sail St. Barts for Men (Eau de Cologne) is a popular perfume by Tommy Bahama for men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Perfumania Holdings.

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Musk
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen notes, Guava
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Palm tree, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.05.2019

The Disappointment Chronicles: 1 - Enter the Dryer Sheet
I've wanted to try the Tommy Bahama line for some time. Those of you who have read my other reviews should not be surprised. For everyone else, let me just say that my positive impression of the brand was based on things I have read, not things I have smelled. Also, this is a hostile review.

How it all began: last week while buying shoes at Kohl's, I also bought a package of Tommy Bahama for Men minis, consisting of Set Sail St Barts, St Kitts, Set Sail Martinique, and Tommy Bahama. I'll review each of them, and they're all linked by a common note (guess which one) and a common experience.

Set Sail St. Barts goes on with the smell of synthetic dryer sheets mingled with some kind of deep, fruity musk that is vaguely aqueous. The latter note is interesting, but generic. I know I've smelled it before somewhere. The former note is icky. The combination of the two, which happens frequently, is underwhelming. I get the idea what St Bart's was trying to do, but it didn't get there. The scent tacks back and forth between the latter note and the combination of the two notes, quickly receding to a skin scent within an hour. Its reign is a relatively long one as long as you don't mind sniffing your wrists to figure out whether the scent is there or not.

In short, St Bart's is an olfactory place I won't visit again. Recommended for: dryer sheet fans. If you want something that reminds you of the sea or islands, try Nautica Voyage.

(P.S. I am aware but not hopeful that I may have obtained a bad batch of minis. Nevertheless, this was my experience. I wish it was otherwise.)

SmellGoodGuy 167 days ago
Was just at Neiman Marcus comparing this (my bottle) with Creed’s VIW. EXTREMELY similar, esp after the dry down. Unbelievable. $500+1
Tacoboy1986 18 months ago
It’s like a margarita with a splash of coconut milk. Worth the hype? Not exactly, but it’s a nice one to wear on those scorching summer days+1

Popular Tommy Bahama

Set Sail St. Barts for Men (Eau de Cologne) by Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama for Men (Cologne) by Tommy Bahama Very Cool for Men by Tommy Bahama Set Sail Martinique for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama for Women by Tommy Bahama St. Kitts for Men by Tommy Bahama Set Sail Martinique for Men by Tommy Bahama Very Cool for Women (Eau de Parfum) by Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama for Him by Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas for Men by Tommy Bahama Set Sail South Seas for Women by Tommy Bahama Island Life for Him by Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama for Her by Tommy Bahama Island Life for Her by Tommy Bahama St. Kitts for Women by Tommy Bahama Maritime Deep Blue by Tommy Bahama Maritime by Tommy Bahama Compass by Tommy Bahama Maritime Journey by Tommy Bahama