Impact by Tommy Hilfiger
Impact is a perfume by Tommy Hilfiger for men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-woody. It is being marketed by Estēe Lauder Companies. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bitter orangeItalian bitter orange
Base Notes Base NotesAkigalawood®Akigalawood®
CedarwoodCedarwood
SandalwoodSandalwood
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 12.01.2022.

The faces of the advertising campaign are singers Wincent Weiss for Germany and Austria, Carl Brave for Italy and James Bay in most other countries.

Perfectly all right
First of all: I'm not a big scent specialist. I was looking for a fresh fragrance that you can wear every day at work (branch store with many customers). He should not be too intrusive, yet stand out.
I ordered the Impact on blue haze and was very positively surprised. Certainly there are better (more expensive) fragrances. However, this one is absolutely fine. He keeps amazingly long (8+ hrs).
My perfect start
So...
I have if at all always worn only so nen 15€ fragrance from the drugstore which was gone after 2h again. But then Zalando came one day to send me the idea so ne 2.5ml filling of Impact and I was blown away. When I smelled it for the first time it was the best smell I've ever had. Even though my collection isn't that big yet, I've already tried some other scents and I know that compared to the others it's not bad but also not the best scent. But still he is, I think a good fragrance that you can also take quite seriously and which is always very well received by other people. Even if he tends to the seasons clearly in the direction of spring / summer you can wear him in my opinion even in the colder season during the day. On a winter evening it would be a bit too fresh for me personally, I would need something more robust. If I should connect it with a concrete situation then my first thought would be the blood-red sunset at the sea with warm temperatures and a fresh breeze after a hot day.:) The very dominant bitter orange note certainly contributes to this. The sillage I find really quite okay and from so about 4-5 sprays you are perceived in the immediate environment also quite well. The only thing that is a bit disappointing is the durability of about 4-5 h but for that Hilfiger has packed a travel atomizer in the bottle. All in all, a good fragrance with which you can not do much wrong in the designer class and since he was my first fragrance he will of course always remain in my collection, no matter in what direction my fragrance taste will go.
Spicy Tommy H.
I have to say, not a bad guy, that Tommy. I got a sample at the drugstore today, and they tested it at home. He starts out nice and fresh and after 5 minutes he quickly goes into the heart note and this is really well done in connection with the base. The transition from resinous to woody is nice and really not bad. At the end it gets a bit more powdery. But the fine freshness paired with spice and wood remains. It reminds me a bit of Karl Lagerfeld "Man" and Boss Bottled. It's crazy, but it's so... It's not so linear either, it changes until the end. I don't see him as a high-flyer, but he is multifaceted and interesting. Impact is a masculine scent throughout, you can wear it as an Ü35 without any problems. The blue bottle with the company name reminiscent of youth is very deceptive.
The only shortcoming is that it is not so loud, so the sillage. But that doesn't mean you have to badmouth him. The durability is better there, but the whole thing plays itself all around within a radius of two meters. In my opinion, T.H. Impact will be a "love at second sight scent candidate" with most people.
Great, fresh, simple scent
Masculine, fresh, grapefruit and wood make this fragrance not unique, but still really super pleasant in the nose with great silage and acceptable durability. Can recommend this fragrance without reservation to anyone looking for fresh, clean shower fragrances with a really pleasant fruity note.
I really didn't expect that!

Smellavision
But what kind of impact ?
I've actually never owned a Hilfiger perfume, nor have I found them interesting enough to purchase.

With that in mind, I have regularly bought and worn their clothes as I find them of a decent quality and design. So, last week I was in a Hilfiger store looking for a new pair of jeans when - lo and behold - the store had reserved an entire table for presenting the new Impact perfume. Long story short, when I left the store I was equipped also with a minuscule tester (0.3 ml - who the h*ll makes samples that small !?) of Impact. Fast forward to earlier today I managed to test the meager 3 (!!) sprays that were in the sample, and my impression so far is : not that bad. As in - it's really hard to dislike. It doesn't come across to me as the usual "blue" fragrance that the bottle indicates, more in the vein of your typical night time popular fragrances.

What I get is some sort of lemony opening, woods, akigalawood, and ambery ambroxan but quite subtle as well as pleasant. I have honestly no idea have coca smells, but I do get some sweetish cocoa-like wafts every now and then - is that coca? I've heard it should smell like tea.

So yes, it is generic and performance (at least from my dwarfish sample) is not impressive but my overall impression is ok. Would I buy it? No, IMO there are dozens of better perfumes in the same price range as the atmosphere is somewhere in Boss Bottled/YSL La Nuit territory and should be categorized as woody spicy instead of fruity aromatic - but that's just my opinion. But I do like the idea of the bottle with a refillable atomizer you can bring along - which may also be necessary with the quite low performance of Impact.

Not too bad, but I must say the Hilfiger perfume line still hasn't made anything that I could not live without.
SvenScent
A modern and masculine designer fragrance

To be honest, I had no expectations of this fragrance. Tommy Hilfiger, well, you immediately think, what great things are to come, although Hilfiger once succeeded in creating a very pleasing, quite good and timeless scent with 'Tommy'. And, yes, also by testing the Impact, I discovered a surprisingly well made perfume, which, and this must be noted at this point because of the transparency
However, when I read the first statements written here, I'm not quite sure whether the reviewers smelled the scent or worked their way through the given scent pyramid. Or if I can't trust my nose anymore. Fresh, fruity, sweet, young, that's not how I would characterize the fragrance anyway.

It is only fruity in the first seconds of the opening. Here you can smell the apple and the orange for a moment. Here, and only here at the beginning, there is a bit of the vibe of Boss Bottled and also of D&G's The One in the air. But apart from these first few seconds, Impact is an extremely masculine scent, in which the smell of smoky leather clearly dominates for me, even if both of them are not so explicitly present in the scents mentioned here. This chord is obviously obtained by the resins and woods used. My first association was immediately Ambré by Baldessarini, whom I know well because I wore it for a long time. This not least because Hilfiger's Impact also has a slight boozyness like the Ambré, as if the apple of the beginning had been slightly fermented towards the middle. I have smelled both against each other again and the correspondence of the hearts is already striking. Only towards the end Impact becomes a bit sweeter, warmer, very benzoin-like, more like Bentley for Men Intense.

In the end, nothing, but nothing at all has been reinvented here, but many familiar things have been successfully combined. In addition to that, man is once again dealing with a very masculine scent, which was rather seldom the case in the last years with all the sweet, aquatic and floral-oriental scents.
And yes, I even toyed - especially for the last mentioned reason - with the idea of getting myself this fragrance, also as a somewhat more modern alternative to Baldessarini's Ambré, which, as already indicated, I always liked very much, but which is no longer quite up to date and also reveals clear weaknesses in the performance. But unfortunately I have to say that the performance of Impact is not much better either. I find the Sillage to be rather reserved and the durability is also not more than average. Therefore it will probably remain with the pure thought...

by Blazn67
by Blazn67

Popular Tommy Hilfiger

Impact Intense by Tommy Hilfiger Tommy (Cologne) by Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger T (Eau de Toilette) by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Woman Peach Blossom by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Woman Pear Blossom by Tommy Hilfiger True Star Men (Eau de Toilette) by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Man Sport by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Woman Candied Charms by Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Now by Tommy Hilfiger Eau de Prep Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger by Tommy Hilfiger The Girl by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Woman Flower Violet by Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl Summer 2016 by Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl Summer 2021 by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Woman Flower Marigold by Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Weekend Getaway by Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Citrus Brights by Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Woman Flower Rose by Tommy Hilfiger