1920 The Origin 2017 Eau de Parfum

1920 The Origin (Eau de Parfum) by Tous
1920 The Origin (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Tous for men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Perfumes y Diseño.

Daphné Bugey

Black teaBlack tea
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
PatchouliPatchouli
CedarCedar

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Spanish model Oliver Baggerman.

SIrischMoos
Overlooked classic modern signature scent with insane PL ratio
The first review for TOUS: 1920 - THE ORIGIN is not one - and at the same time my very first. The circumstances arise from the fact that the number of characters for a statement would not have been enough and my astonishment that this 2017 fragrance until March 2021 has received almost no appreciation on this platform. All this does not change my inability to write about fragrances, which is why this typing can also not be an adequate appreciation.

TOUS I knew so far only through TOUS: MAN SPORT, and I appreciate it quite. The house: a Spanish jeweler, founded in 1920.
So this fragrance is the - somewhat premature - anniversary fragrance for the 100th birthday of his house. Accordingly, he comes in a classic presentation that awakens steampunk associations: matte olive outer box, gold-colored font, a font corresponding to the referenced time. The bottle is flat, with slightly sloping shoulders, divided into two parts, also in gold-colored, metallic-looking plastic, matching sprayer and cap. The upper half of green glass, in its overall appearance reminiscent of a schnapps bottle.

The fragrance is for me of surprising quality, not only considering its price of currently just over 20 euros - and it is an eau de parfum.
Jeweler, independent presentation, good fragrance, reasonable price - all this somehow reminds me of LALIQUE, right?

The opening has for me something of dry grapefruit (which is probably actually bergamot), paired with a paper note (but that's just me?), which is interestingly spicy in appearance at the same time. The black tea in the middle is reminiscent of BERDOUS: ASSAM OF INDIA, the woodier and very long finish (beat me - but I think I actually perceive it clearly for 8-10 hours) seems very rounded and gives the course a melange-like, worthy equivalent.

Yeah, I'm pretty wowed, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this either. I doubt that this fragrance is meant to recall or cite typical scents of the early 1920s - it seems far too modern for that. At the same time, it is classic and thoroughly masculine. Aside from great summer heat, I would ascribe it year-round wearability, and I can't think of a scenario in which it wouldn't be wearable. All of which probably makes it a signature scent candidate.
And as for summer: for this, the 2020 Eau de Toilette seems to lend itself, which I haven't heard of yet, but whose acquaintance I will very much welcome.

In short: The thing is, in my opinion, severely underestimated, unjustly overlooked and an absolute P / L recommendation!
5.5

Old school..
Tous 1920 is a very masculine fragrance. I would say this is definitely not unisex. I can definitely smell the tea, cumin and the cardamom with the patchouli and the citrus. The tea is soft and the combination of citrus and the cumin makes this fragrance very sharp in the opening. As it starts to dry down the patchouli comes to the fore and starts to calm down. I’m unable to wear on my skin. This is a classic, green and spicy scent for men and I wish I could wear this fragrance. This was a blind-buy for me based upon reviews on Fragrantica and YouTube. Not a favourite, in fact, after a few wearings, I gave this one away. It's too sharp and the blend doesn't work well on my skin.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Fresh opening with spices. A little bit of sweetness and the patchouly to round it all. Not bad if you look for a manly scent.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This is an unexpected manly classy scent. Very nice Cedar and cumin notes for an overall vibe close to a more modern Cartier Declaration.

by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus

Popular Tous

Touch The Original Gold / Touch by Tous Tous (Eau de Parfum) by Tous Happy Moments by Tous Tous Man Sport by Tous Tous Moments - Love by Tous Touch The Sensual Gold / Sensual Touch by Tous Tous Man Intense by Tous Rosa by Tous Tous Kids Boy by Tous Rosa Eau Légère by Tous Tous H₂O by Tous Tous Man Les Colognes Concentrées by Tous Tous L'Eau de Parfum by Tous Tous (Eau de Toilette) by Tous Tous L'Eau de Toilette by Tous Tous in Heaven Him by Tous Tous Man by Tous Baby Tous by Tous Oh! The Origin (Eau de Parfum) by Tous 1920 The Origin (Eau de Toilette) by Tous