True Religion (2008)

True Religion by True Religion

True Religion is a perfume by True Religion for women and was released in 2008. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Mandarin, Red currant, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmaryllis, Freesia, Plum
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Hinoki cypress, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.02.2019

5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Light Blue re-incarnated with apple
I hate to sound so negative, but why do designers bother to release a fragrance that is going to be yet another predictable and generic fruity scent, marketed as being 'clean, crisp and modern'.

This fragrance is attempting to emulate D&G's Light Blue and DKNY's Fresh Blossom. Instead of a harsh lemon note, green apple is the centerpoint in the opening. It has a somewhat fresh watery-ness.

Sure True Religion makes me feel clean, yet the more it develops, I begin to feel sticky. The scent doesn't sit too well on my skin, and I blame cheap ingredients.

Thankfully True Religion is light and rather fleeting. I'm a little surprised by how expensive this fragrance is in my country when compared to overseas. Perhaps my negative reaction is partly due to the vast differences in price and its over-the-top marketing.

I'm attempting the smell this fragrance again now that it has reached the drydown, and I must admit that it gets gradually better, less tangy apple, and more smooth, refreshing cedar, freesia and musk.

Not bad, but not wonderful either. It seems like a copy of so many other scents on the market these days.
5.0 7.5 4.0/10

The Religion of Hygiene?
TRUE RELIGION is a straight-up shampoo/conditioner frag. Squeaky cleanish with a touch of sweetness. Very synthetic but not in an aggravated-assault-on-the-central-nervous-system way. It's okay, but there are literally dozens of these on the market today. Variations on this scent are used to fragrance any number of shampoos and conditioners as well.

Not my kind of thing, but a perfectly serviceable "shower in a bottle scent," if that's what you're looking for. My own preference is to take a bath--and then apply perfume.

by Hermessenz
by Hermessenz
by Punx13
by Punx13
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular True Religion

True Religion by True Religion True Religion Men by True Religion Hippie Chic by True Religion Drifter for Men by True Religion Love Hope Denim by True Religion