My Name (2013)

My Name by Trussardi
Bottle Design: Antonio Citterio

My Name is a popular perfume by Trussardi for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Angelini Beauty.

Top Notes Top NotesWhite violet, Heliotrope
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Arum blossom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Ambroxan, Vanilla

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 23.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is Gaia Trussardi personally. She is the head designer of the house. The promotional video was shot by director Gabriele Salvatores.

Gentle and sensual companion
An extremely pretty bottle, a small piece of jewellery, colour already indicates something cuddly. This scent holds mega well, I would not have expected that the scent presence remains so many hours, has surely also to do with the Ambroxan. I find the fragrance course becomes more and more sweet and I spontaneously get the picture of a young woman in the sense so in the direction of Lolita (but one from 18 years who already knows about her effect), surely he fits also to a more mature woman who is playful, romantic and a little dreamy. I would not equate sensuality here with seduction but rather with warm and tender femininity. I have been dealing with the ingredient Aronstablüten for a very long time - how does it smell? I only found that it exudes a carrion-like scent to attract insects for pollination. That's what makes this fine noble fragrance water natural - maybe it doesn't give the fragrance this fine powderiness, this creamy feminine...that you immediately want to bury your nose deep in it. Vanilla and musk are an additional soft soft topping. Somehow he is like a cordial companion, a soul flatterer who does not offend people at all, but conjures up a smile on their lips and causes immediate acceptance. Do you know that there are people or things or even a perfume that can be used as a secret weapon for instant positive energy? You can call your good friend always and everywhere, the scarf of your beloved grandmother is usually there as a mental companion and the fine fragrance surrounds me directly this very special aura - I mean that. I would give it to my dearest girlfriend, the colleague who is sometimes sad, the aunt who is always in a hurry or even the neighbor who always so friendly accepts my parcels - give. Really fits on quite a lot of these wonderful beings. Which one do you want to know ? Well these female magical beings who always want to make the world a little better and can do it too.

Home
My Name - at the very first test I was still convinced it was 'My Home' what I read on the bottle. Even today I find the latter name more appropriate. For me it smells of pure security, a cuddly scent of the noble kind, worth every cent. No one could ever be angry with a person or hold a grudge against him who wears that scent. The bottle is beautiful, the Trussardi heraldic animal, the greyhound with needle and yarn as neck, gives himself to the best, together with the cap a real eye candy in the cupboard. Even if the 6 'rings' on the front remind me a little of the six-eyed side of a cube. *grin
6.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Guess my name...
...because I won't tell you that easily.
First impression counts, you say? You think I'm a naive little flower who's never had anything bad happen to him, who wants to please everyone and has no mischief in his head. But I'm deeper than you think. Come here, sit with me in the green meadow. Right there under the bright lilac, I will show you my soul quietly and gently yet with full presence. Wait a while and listen to the wind blowing gently through the leaves. How old do you think this tree is? Many summers and many winters he has seen come and go. He had had to shake off many leaves, blossoms and branches in order to recreate himself, yes, to survive. Many animals visited him, some only briefly, others longer and a few remained a life. What didn't kill him made him stronger to become what you see now. When you have something on your mind, he will gently help you. If you're happy, he's happy with you. Over the years he has found his balance, gained patience and wisdom. He gives in to the wind instead of fighting it. He knows exactly what he wants, but he's waiting for the right moment. Then he will succeed. You don't want to like him. You feel naturally safe with him. He powders you, shows you your inner strength, the inner peace that even on stormy days lives deep inside you. A serene serenity, independent of situation and place. He accepts you as you are and loves you as well, regardless of whether you love him or not. So am I. Now let it work on you for a while and when you are ready, give me your hand, I go with you and carry your name. For I am your true nature.

i am so disappointed
I had thought on the basis of the descriptions, here and the ingredients, that he could be the holy grail for me...read again and again about him, no perfumery in my city seemed to lead him...searched for weeks...yesterday then, without further ado, I took the path to the one perfumery, which I had forgotten, a bottle was there and the tester too. was tense, but also, a little afraid because of the possible marzipan note that someone here described.first spray, briefly thought...yaa powdery, fresh creamy jooo...and then she came, the marzipan note and a worming that knocked me, the day over, and then to, aversion and nausea, headache led this morning I got again nauseous.when I got yesterday's T-shirt to the nose. Now I'm, uh, reassured. I don't need it at all and how quickly the head wants something without knowing whether it's good for you. I don't want to take anyone's joy out of him...but I never want him back in my nose but never ever again

Germanblonde
Like a luxury hand lotion
What I love about this site and my blind purchases that are based on reviews here? They expose me to frags that would otherwise not even come up on my radar. And lately I just have luck with my blind purchases. So I ordered My Name, and boy am I glad I did. This is way better than I anticipated based on the notes listed here and the reviews. It is sweet indeed, but in a very light way, yet not the fleeting kind of tenderness. This could become my new casual day time fragrance. It will not bump my favorite day time beauty Jil Sander Sun off as my signature fragrance, but it is more wearable day in day out than Sun, which for me is more a leisure time scent. My Name is not too intense for a day at the office, but still it has a happy leisure time vibe to it. Most of the frags I use for work are more on the nice but boring side (like L'air du Temps), as I want to be safe and not being offensive. This fits so much better to me and my personality. I love it, and even though I consider Jil Sander Sun as my signature fragrance, I am sure I am going to wear My Name a lot more than my all time beauty this summer, because there are more opportunities for it. It smells a bit like a nice hand lotion. It is truly lovely.

5.0 2.5 2.5 4.0/10

Quite nice
I guess this is a fragrance nobody minds at all. It fits in with many people's idea of "niceness" in a fragrance, clean and clear, just a very vague hint of a scent. No seduction, no party, no unexpected turns, no classic "Italian" style. This newcomer doesn't rock the boat. It smells of pretty white flowers and a base of ambroxan and vanilla which harmonise beautifully. If you hate powerhouse perfumes and bold statements "My Name" could be a nice fragrance for you.

Jazzy76 12 months ago
Flowery-powdery and quite imperceptible, a very light scent to wear by day and in the warmer season. Maybe too evanescent. Refined bottle+2
5.0

by Nikolina
by Nisie
by Nisie

Popular Trussardi

My Name by Trussardi Trussardi Donna (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Trussardi Trussardi Uomo (1983) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Inside by Trussardi Trussardi Donna (1982) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Trussardi Uomo (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi My Land (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Riflesso by Trussardi My Scent by Trussardi Delicate Rose by Trussardi Amber Oud by Trussardi A Way for Her by Trussardi Trussardi Donna (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Essenza Del Tempo by Trussardi Trussardi Uomo The Red by Trussardi Skin by Trussardi Sound of Donna by Trussardi Black Extreme by Trussardi Blue Land by Trussardi Python by Trussardi