Trussardi Uomo (2011) Eau de Toilette

Version from 2011
Trussardi Uomo (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi

Trussardi Uomo (2011) (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Trussardi for men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is being marketed by Angelini Beauty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Galbanum, Nutmeg, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Clary sage, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Moss, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.11.2019

4.0 3.0 4.0 5.0/10

Trussardi uomo reloaded - or: How not to do it
I will never forget when I discovered a Trussardi boutique in San Marino in 1992 and immediately - wrapped in a scent of the perfume of the same name, of course - converted a large part of my then scarce holiday budget into jeans, T-shirts and sweaters of the brand. I really wore these clothes for years. They became absolute favorites in my wardrobe. And they were visually and qualitatively top notch.

Just like Trussardi uomo. Alone "the bottle" - a vessel wrapped in black artificial crocodile leather, but that already looked so horny, unbelievable. Even more horny that the pendant for ladies in the same outfit in crema came around the corner. Optics and haptics are outstanding, the Italians are simply stylists, they achieve casual elegance like no other.

Yeah, those were the days. Eros Ramazotti, Gianna Nannini and Umberto Tozzi were smashing their hits up and down and the owners of such jewels as Trussardi took care of their business with a lot of business activity and expertise.

Today: The generation of heirs. The young Mr. Trussardi devotes his attention considerably more to a lady named Michelle Hunziker, who is not quite so young anymore and who is laid aside by Mr. Ramazotti, instead of taking care of the products of his company. Probably he is only interested in what comes over monthly in money to squander, the rest appears secondary. For if he took some time, he would not be unaware of what the reformulation of Trussardi uomo, an absolute classic of the 80s and 90s, has brought to light.

For even if similar ingredients are used, if two do the same thing, it is not the same thing. After I finally saw the new bottle (no comparison with the old one, by the way, a something done cheaply), I immediately indulged in the past and I had more than just a latent willingness to buy. What made me want to test it, I don't know anymore, perhaps the anticipation of the fragrance I loved so much at that time. And then my expectations burst like a soap bubble. There are remakes that are really acceptable (e.g. Antaeus, also not as before, but with still clearly recognizable DNA) and there are those that are just sad. Unfortunately from my point of view this also includes the new Trussardi uomo. The opening lacks this special mixture of freshness and at the same time spiciness of the old version and this slimmed downness in the notes runs through completely. What does that mean, pulls through? Also here no comparison of the performance with the old one. After 2-3 hours only rudimentary to guess, we don't want to talk about great Sillage at all. The base note comes closest to the original variant, but at the end of the day this attempt to revive a great scent of days gone by has failed miserably.

And so this test leaves me disappointed, disillusioned and a little angry. If you are not willing or not able to do something reasonably, then you should leave it alone. Very very sad, Trussardi uomo is today only a shadow of himself.
7.0 9.0 8.0 7.5/10

Better than expected
I got this perfume for free and I have to say that I am positively surprised! I must say that I do not know the predecessor therefore I do not have there so the comparison possibilities.
The fragrance has a nice mixture of slightly tart, spicy and woody in short very masculine. I think the fragrance best suits oriental men best not dressed too casual.
The performance is at least on me unbelievable, one can equate well with JPG Ultra Male! I don't know why the scent doesn't hold so well with others from the community - maybe it's also the batch...mhmm
The bottle is kept simple and noble unfortunately the lid does not grasp with me any more but that is half as wild.
I can only recommend to try the fragrance in the store as the performance seems to be very skin type - or batch dependent
9.5/10

Classy scent
Thing is there is no point comparing apples to oranges but it accures when people promptly start comparing itesm that simply cant be compared. Nobody, including Trussardi, ever claimed for this version of 2011 to be the exact same juice that came out back in 83. These two might have slight DNA similarities but the resemplances and conformities in nature stop right there. Two different stuff.
6.0/10

Don't expect an 80's powerhouse :(
This is a complete reformulation. There is no trace of the original vintage Trussardi Uomo here. Although it is pleasant, it is not the ultra-masculine beast that the 80's version was :(
7.5 1.0/10

What a grotty perfume!
Damn, this once was a great fragrance! I bought it by the end of the eighties, and I never wore my black leather jacket without a few spritzes of Trussardi Uomo.

One can only be appalled by the new Trussardi Uomo. This is now a cheap designer fragrance with a very much synthetic appeal. The scent pyramid does not fit at all, all I smell is artificiality. Probably it should be some synthetic amber and musky notes that play the main part in here. Just the stuff that you find in so many cheapies at the perfume chain stores.

This does not necessarily have to result in a bad perfume: at Hugo Boss, for instance, they sometimes seem to know how to create an excellent perfume out of such modest ingredients. This is not the case with the new Trussardi Uomo. Here, a legend is being exploited. Customers who truly miss the old Trussardi Uomo are to get screwed once more, and probably after not more than two years, Trussardi Uomo will sink into obscurity forever.

We should establish a prize for the worst rip-off – Trussardi would be the winner in 2011!

Jazzy76 15 months ago
Often the habit doesn't make the monk : if you think of a strong and dark scent, you wrong. A light aromatic scent with a quite weak sillage+1
5.0

by Vawallpa
by Smello
by Smello

Popular Trussardi

My Name by Trussardi Trussardi Donna (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Trussardi Trussardi Uomo (1983) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Inside by Trussardi Trussardi Donna (1982) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Trussardi Uomo (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi My Land (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Riflesso by Trussardi My Scent by Trussardi Delicate Rose by Trussardi Amber Oud by Trussardi A Way for Her by Trussardi Trussardi Donna (2016) (Eau de Toilette) by Trussardi Essenza Del Tempo by Trussardi Trussardi Uomo The Red by Trussardi Skin by Trussardi Sound of Donna by Trussardi Black Extreme by Trussardi Blue Land by Trussardi Python by Trussardi