Apsu by Ulrich Lang
Apsu is a perfume by Ulrich Lang for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is green-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notesGreen notes CorianderCoriander Violet leafViolet leaf BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesWhite teaWhite tea JasmineJasmine WaterlilyWaterlily PimentoPimento IrisIris
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk CedarwoodCedarwood AmberAmber FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.05.2022.

Fresh, crisp and green
This is one of my all-time favorite spring and summer scents. Sometimes I even wear in the winter because it's such a great pick me up.

This is such a lush, green fragrance so beautiful, so fresh, so crisp. On my skin I get loads of crisp fresh green notes, Violet leaf, and a gorgeous dose of cilantro right into the base notes. In the heart I get wisps of light white tea, soft fluffy white musk, and gentle notes of water lily as well as slight nuances of dewy Jasmine petals. Faint notes of Cedar and frankincense situate in the base notes.

This masterpiece is truly a must-have for anyone who loves green note fragrances.
5.5
Meggi
McMeggi does not have to search long
We have a zinc tub on the terrace, in which a few water lilies live their existence. They have held out bravely for some years, but they have never bloomed. In this respect I cannot prove the assumption expressed in the following from my own experience.

By the way, said tub is source of occasional amusement for three quarters of my family. Sometimes it accommodates one or the other frog. Such visits are - depending on the suddenness of the appearance - always recognizable either by a sharp scream or by a quiet shiver of my wife. She really doesn't like phobias, but frogs are obviously a special case. Just by the way.

About the fragrance: The chain of associations worked perfectly and quickly. McMeggi (that's the little male in the brain who digs the not directly available information from the depths of the archive) took barely two minutes to draw the line. It leads over "water lily" (or water lily) to the unspeakable 'U4eahh! 2.43' from Yosh. He comes up with buckets of glue and varnish and even 'apsu' smells like glue in the front. So I have to assume that the so-called water lily is responsible for it and that I can't with its aroma.

Thus 'apsu' already starts his career with me with a heavy mortgage. Oha... Then watery peach on glue, a bitter, light wood note. Coriander? Not right away. At first I think of one and a half days old flower water, cucumber salad (look - I'm not alone with that!) and something like root stock. A touch of sweatiness finally justifies the promised spice. Over the course of an hour, the adhesive disappears into the background. Uff.

Perhaps to underline the perfumed claim, the fragrance also offers a bitter touch that may refer to the trendy tea. Its designation as "white", however, presumably simply stems from the manufacturer's desire to produce certain images. For my sake we can accept green tea peach.

I don't find everything so tingling. What seems more exciting to me, however, is that there has been some spice brewed in the underground, which could certainly do honour to certain candidates from the house of CdG. I come to this especially because of the banana wood note, which takes prominent place from the late morning. I generally can't be right about such things, but here it rings in the most pleasant part of the fragrance for me. Which of course doesn't mean too much.

At least the artificial wood develops less penetrance than elsewhere. The discreet seasoning - our cucumber salad now has an oriental touch - is quite good for the cause. The overall picture looks somehow aquatic in the afternoon and not bad at all.

Conclusion: Difficult to make a recommendation. Synthetic friends would probably be most enthusiastic about 'apsu'.

PS: If you want cucumber salad, you better go to Bottega Veneta's splendid 'Parco Palladiano II'.

I thank MisterE for the rehearsal.

by Felsn
by Felsn
by Lacrimalus
by Lacrimalus
by Carboytony
by Carboytony

Popular by Ulrich Lang

Nightscape by Ulrich Lang Anvers 2 by Ulrich Lang Lethe by Ulrich Lang 17 Nandan Road by Ulrich Lang Anvers by Ulrich Lang Lightscape by Ulrich Lang Aperture by Ulrich Lang Revolution by Ulrich Lang Eau D'Ernest by Ulrich Lang